[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever After High/ Monster High

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 17

File: Cerise Ramona.png (1MB, 1188x1084px) Image search: [Google]
Cerise Ramona.png
1MB, 1188x1084px
Are they going to acknowledge the elephant in the room?
>>
File: zoo-elephant.jpg (144KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
zoo-elephant.jpg
144KB, 1000x500px
>>84703899
>Are they going to acknowledge the elephant in the room?
Happy birthday, Francine.
>>
>>84703899
>Narrator: Ramona and Cerise are sisters
>Paige: I thought Cerise was an only chi-
>Narrator: Paige! No nitpicking
>>
>>84703899
It looks increasingly likely they'll acknowledge at least one of them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTI2hwAiUrc
>>
Expectation:

Daring - Snow White’s prince charming

Darling - Damsel in Distress

Dexter- Beauty’s beast

Reality:

Daring- Beauty’s beast

Darling - Snow White’s Prince Chamring

Dexter- Damsel in Distress
>>
>>84708066
>the actual joke is they acknowledge evertything but the elephant
>>
>>84703899
You calling me fat, Anon?
>>
>>84703899
Is this from the new movie?
>>
>>84713582
You might be right, considering they're adressing the kiss. And is that Darling holding the tablet?
https://youtu.be/jTI2hwAiUrc
>>
>>84717094
Briar and ashlynn
>>
File: tumblr_nsykh3QZkR1s87bslo1_500.jpg (115KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsykh3QZkR1s87bslo1_500.jpg
115KB, 500x531px
>>
File: image.png (213KB, 345x501px)
image.png
213KB, 345x501px
>>
>>84717094
I feel bad for best boy. I mean yeah his destined princess is gay as fuck, but he doesn't deserve to lose her to his sister. And then become the beast. Meanwhile Darling's afterbirth gets Raven.
>>
Would you guys like a free helping of Duchess Suffering?

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7552567

it's fresh.
>>
>>84708864
DarlingxApple shippers BTFO!
>>
>>84708864
3some ship?
>>
>>84703899
So...the twist is that Cerise is the big bad wolf, right? book 3 hinted at this
>>
>>84728893
Well, there's the Hood's Wolf, but also the Three Little Pigs' Wolf, and many others. Cerise might share the burden of Wolf with her sister.
>>
>>84703899
Seems like they're wrapping up all the ongoing plots and just going to go on generic adventures now.
>>
>>84731275
It's over, isn't it?
>>
>>84731674
Seems like, unless they actually surprise us with Epic Winter.
>>
>>84722528
> Darlings afterbirth
Best way to describe Betamax ever. Also as a twin I now have a new way to insult that womb leach.
>>
>>84725692
Not really.
>>
File: 1455383685539.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1455383685539.gif
1MB, 540x304px
>>84725692
....How do you reckon that?
>>
File: tumblr_ns4zp7vM1N1suurzko1_500.jpg (53KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns4zp7vM1N1suurzko1_500.jpg
53KB, 500x273px
>>84722528

It's for the best. This means Daring doesn't have the sword of damocles overhead while he explores where things stand with him and Lizzie or Cerise (or Rosabella, if that's going to be a thing, but honestly seems like a waste). It is probably still awkward as fuck knowing your little sister is apparently destined to be with the girl you were in an arranged marriage with, even if you and said girl were just friends.

>>84722623

When will Duchess get to be happy in fanworks?

>>84728893

I kinda like the idea that Cerise is chosen to be the human-passing one, but she has the stronger feral side. Ramona, meanwhile, is trying to be the Big Bad Wolf, but because she's mostly human (I'm counting Mr. Badwolf as a kinda because he has a human form) her bestial side is less "feral wolf" and more "big friendly dog."

>>84727060

Well, Daring/Apple is dead in the water, and Daring hasn't really paid Blondie any mind. Still, Blondie has adored Apple since they were babies and Apple is very close with Blondie, and Daring is I believe one of the few guys that we haven't seen Blondie explicitly decide ISN'T just right yet, and she's rejected most of the male population of the school for being too something or other.

I don't see it, personally. Daring's got too many other love interests for Blondie.

Not to mention, while we have a lot of fun with how gay Apple or Darling or Raven might be, but I feel it does bear some mentioning that Blondie's plus-one to the super-exclusive party she was invited to was Poppy "Probably A Metaphor For Bisexuality" O'Hair.
>>
File: tumblr_n374n50wzX1rygoy3o1_1280.jpg (584KB, 1280x1767px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n374n50wzX1rygoy3o1_1280.jpg
584KB, 1280x1767px
>>84733135
>Poppy "Probably A Metaphor For Bisexuality" O'Hair
Eh? Did I miss something?
>>
>>84732126
>2/3 are cuties
guess which is useless

>>84733135
>When will Duchess get to be happy in fanworks?
Never
>>
>>84733718
>guess which is useless
That's racist! Wood Lives Matter!
>>
>>84733692

I'm guessing that's based on her whole "I don't identify exclusively with either of the two major groups because I like both" thing that she's got going, although I am sure people would be equally quick to say that's just about not having to choose a clique to fit in at High School.
>>
>>84733786
>>84733718
Ginger = Cedar > shit > Ashlynn
>>
>>84733692
>Claims she is a roybel
>literally next episode she is a rebel, rebelling against her destiny

Does even Mattel even know what their classification is?
>>
>>84717094
>>84708864
>People saying that Daring is self-centered.

So, did we miss True Heart's day, thronecoming, and Lizzie's first date where he literally put others before him?

Plus, it's destiny. What's love got to do with it? Daring wasn't meant to play the role, it wasn't going to work. Wouldn't matter how much he loved Apple, he wasn't apart of her story.
>>
>>84734147
But he IS self-centered. Just not always. Or rather, he's vain and obnoxiously selfconfident, but with a heart big enough that there's plenty of room for other people besides himself.
>>
>>84734147

They really need to figure out if destiny's important or not.

I mean, Raven's entire character is about someone simply deciding not to go through with their fate and fighting very hard against everyone trying to "correct" that decision. Overwhelmingly, the narrative has supported that the setting is not deterministic and that Raven's decision to be the one who exposes this sets the course for her classmates to live happier lives and make real choices.

And yet at the same time there's shit like Daring/Rosabella might be a thing because Daring got the Beast destiny and Rosabella is Beauty? Darling's defiance of her fate, a thing that made her sympathize with Raven, was in fact what she was destined to do all along? Is fate important or isn't it?

Daring is also self-absorbed, and has a very high opinion of himself. On the other hand, dude can back up his hype as far as hero work and charisma goes (thus his high opinion of himself is fairly justified), he's still a nice, caring person in spite of that, and his flaws are harmless and contribute positively to the story by being good comic relief.

Really, Daring has got more nuance and character than the entire rest of Ever After High's male cast combined. It is honestly kind of remarkable how much better he is as a character than every other boy in the franchise, and yet Dexter is our male lead, in as much as EAH has one (which is not very).
>>
>>84733869
samething with Holly
she isn't a Royal, Rapunzel isn't her story, it's her sisters.
>>
What Mattel treats Ever After High
>>
File: black-white-scribble-lines.jpg (224KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
black-white-scribble-lines.jpg
224KB, 599x449px
>>84734543
What it actually like
>>
>>84734458

Honestly, that should all be kinda a moot point after Way Too Wonderland. Apple and Raven agreed to unmake the Storybook of Legends, which should kinda mean that there's nothing forcing destiny anymore.

I still feel like it was a mistake trying to extend the Royal/Rebel conflict into Dragon Games after Way Too Wonderland seemed like the logical endpoint of the disagreement, but I suppose the argument can be made that there was one further step in Apple's character development to be had in her getting over her mommy issues and resolving to find her own happily ever after on her own terms.
>>
>>84734603
What's it to Raven and Apple? Why are they playing God? Making the choices for everyone else.
>>
>>84734633

Well, the main thing was that Raven was the only one powerful enough to do it, a significant portion of the student body don't want to pledge their destinies, and WTW made a point about how easily the big book of destinies could be abused by outside parties like Courtly, so unmaking it protects people from having their futures stolen or manipulated while still being free to uphold the family tradition if they wish, although now it's likely possible to tweak the details more than it previously was.
>>
Which (if any) of the ongoing plot points are left?

>Giles Grimm is free
>Raven is good and confronted her mother
>Free will won over fate
>wonderland is uncursed
>Cerise comes clean about her parents
>Daring finds his destiny

The only things I can think of are Duchess trying to steal a Happily Ever After and Holly an Poppy switching destinies, but but of those have been undermined by the "Write your own story, faggots!" ending of Way Too Wonderland.
>>
>>84734805
Cedar's existential crisis of whether she's really alive or not, but that was only ever in the books.
>>
>>
File: 1461427059561-160424_apple_raven.jpg (186KB, 1197x969px) Image search: [Google]
1461427059561-160424_apple_raven.jpg
186KB, 1197x969px
>>84736286
>>
File: EAH EW Beast 2.png (347KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
EAH EW Beast 2.png
347KB, 640x360px
>>84737286
So does Rosebella start dating Daring or what?
Does she ride him in beast mode if you know what I mean.
>>
>>84737286
Just KISS !!!! ALREADY !!!!!!!!
>>
>>84734693
You say that, but really. those that aren't following their parents stories are mainly superficial, outside of Raven, Briar, Ginger, and Poppy; who else doesn't want to follow their destiny
>>
>>84741620
Cedar's blue fairy is technically a rebel

but she is dead
>>
>>
>>84741620

Cerise honestly doesn't seem that interested in following her destiny, I imagine at least in part because she and Ramona are both Riding Hood and Bad Wolf at the same time and won't be pitted against each other willingly.

Cedar wants to become human but feels it's morally wrong for people to have their lives dictated to them and in particular doesn't want to cause Pinocchio the same heartache he was obligated to cause Ghepetto for his story.

>>84740246

I have to wonder why they're pushing Daring/Rosabella after the book series has seemed pretty into Daring/Lizzie, the series flirted with Daring/Lizzie, and all of Daring's other romantic moments have been about him and Cerise? Him ending up with a third girl he's never shared screentime with before this seems...odd.
>>
>>84744615
Daring was already established as the Beast years ago in the books.
>>
>>84746849

That said, it seems odd that after that whole big thing about how Ashlynn can be with Hunter despite him not being her prince charming that Rosabella and Daring would have to get together because she's his princess when Daring's interests have been shown to lie elsewhere previously.
>>
>>84747011
That's where the drama comes from, anon. Ash/Hun's tension comes from their stories trying to pull them apart, but their love pulls them together. Rosa/Dare's tension comes from their stories trying to force them together, where their hearts may or may not disagree.
>>
>>84703899
IWTCIRQ
>>
File: Raven_Queen_-_TTOLD.png (715KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Raven_Queen_-_TTOLD.png
715KB, 1366x768px
>>84747371
Forgot my pic.
But yeah, any news on if EAH will be continuing or are the rumors of the end true? I haven't checked in in a while
>>
>>84747400
There's Epic Winter, and the MH Crossover movie.
>>
>>84747589
the crossover probably isn't happening though, with the reboot and everything.
>>
>>84748572
>reboot
tell me your secrets, anon
>>
>>84748653
Monster High got a reboot, and the future of EAH is unknown.
>>
>>84749801
Crossover was announced AFTER the reboot, though.
>>
>>84750687
Things change
>>
>>84750815
And water is wet.
>>
Somebody saw any preview of the crossover is today's panel on SDCC 2016?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.