[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there ever be a third series with an Earthbending avatar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 417
Thread images: 82

File: 1332612482725.gif (2MB, 400x253px) Image search: [Google]
1332612482725.gif
2MB, 400x253px
Will there ever be a third series with an Earthbending avatar?
>>
>>84632391
Should just go for fire. Earth Nation is some shady shit and I'd want to see the new Avatar deal with the guilt of what the Fire Nation did in the first series.
>>
>>84632406
>100~200 years after Korra
We cyberpunk avatar?
>>
File: tumblr_o28zbph0dk1rcx61zo1_540.jpg (81KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o28zbph0dk1rcx61zo1_540.jpg
81KB, 540x540px
No, you'll get more Korra extended universe shit and that's it.
>>
>>84632498
It won't even feel like extended Korra since they're gonna feature the ending version of her, and at that point she might aswell be dead.
>>
File: consider shinka.png (319KB, 729x663px)
consider shinka.png
319KB, 729x663px
>>84632406
Consider the following:
>Korra season 3
>Zaheer didn't kill the queen
>Eath circle avatar becomes a puppet of the earth kingdom
>In the next serie the avatar is the main antagonist
>>
>>84632391

Nope, the series is pretty much petering out.
>>
>>84632881
Sounds cool, but can't happen because of Raava.
>>
Didnt they say they were done with the franchise?
>>
>>84632922
Bryke did, so we can hope someone else could get the chance with it. They also lied about that part and started working on the comics so there's that.
>>
>>84632881
I'd watch it.

I also want to see an Avatar with a sibling for once. The amount of envy one could have from their brother/sister being the avatar
>>
>>84632421
Can you imagine the if they went full 80s cyberpunk. I mean Korra was basically steampunk/dieselpunk so why not go full cyber.
>>
>>84632979
>a series without that hack in charge
I'd watch it.
>>
File: Thrawn-TCGboxart.png (787KB, 753x600px) Image search: [Google]
Thrawn-TCGboxart.png
787KB, 753x600px
>>84632761
>the ending version
What do you mean?
Korra in S3 and 4 is a much more bearable character. Or is it because she's gay now?

>>84632498
>extended universe
Korra needs a Thrawn stat.
>>
>>84633043
No it's because she not even herself after talking to Kuvira, has nothing to do with the gay even though is also not like her. She's lost her fiery personality and replaced it with self pity and self hatred even going as far as thinking she somehow deserved almost getting killed by Zaheer.
>>
>>84632391
After the unmitigated disaster that was Korra? Not a chance.
>>
>>84633142
I think Korra sucked, yeah but
"The Legend of Korra has been a critical success, drawing favorable comparisons with the HBO series Game of Thrones and the work of Hayao Miyazaki. It has been praised by reviewers for its production values and for addressing sociopolitical issues such as social unrest and terrorism, as well as for going beyond the established boundaries of youth entertainment with respect to issues of race, gender, and sexual identity."

Remember normies exist
>>
>>84633149
But who said that, IGN?
>>
>>84633149
>normies exist

Says the guy on a board that spawned /mlp/, fucking /su/, made a fetish out of every mildly fur-covered animated character and features a /swco/ general full of the worst autists this side of a Harmony Korine film.
>>
No, go backwards. LoK made everything too modern, so the only correct decision would be to go back in time to before Yangchen.
>>
>>84633375
>prequels
No, God no. All prequels are shit, no exceptions. Why you'd like to go the medieval route again is beyond me.
>>
>>84633397
Yes, because cyberpunk Avatar sound so fucking riveting.
>>
>>84632406
Why? Nobody's going to care about an attack that happened 100 years ago. Do you see the British apoligizing for colonization?
>>
>>84633409
It doesn't to you? Man, your lack imagination is baffling.
>>
>>84633437
No, it sounds stupid and makes the entire concept of an Avatar redundant.
>>
>>84633409

I I wanted magical cyberpunk I'd play Shadowrun
>>
>>84633437
the more advanced technology gets, the more pointless bending becomes.
>>
>>84633397
The fantastical elements of avatar would fit better in a medieval setting desu, the advanced setting was one of LoKs mistakes, though not a very huge one.
>>
I propose a "What if" twist-of-fate comic where Gyatso catches Aang before he runs away, and Aang has to defeat Sozin.
>>
>>84633475
>>84633481
>>84633486

Lacking imagination

>metalbenders power nuclear reactors
>waterbenders and bloodbenders are used as a police force
>firebenders power the industry
>>
>>84633149
If we disregard the facts that they stopped airing it on TV because of its declining ratings and that the praise it has gotten from critics has as you say been "for going beyond the established boundaries of youth entertainment with respect to issues of race, gender, and sexual identity.", which in no way is tied to the Avatar franchise, they have completely fucked up the Avatar world to the point where they can't set the story in either the future or the past.

If they want to set it in the future, they'll have to go at least 70 years into the future, which at the rate technology suddenly progresses in the Avatar world would make it either a contemporary or a sci-fi setting, except filled with asshole pokémon, astrology being real and the whole point of the franchise (bending) being pretty much obsolete. Bending couldn't even keep up with the weapons technology in Korra, imagine how it would be as far into the future from Korra as Korra is from Aang. And you can't really go on a space adventure where the sun and the moon are fish spirits swimming in a pond on "earth" and "the spirit world" is a one-planet thing.

As for a show set in the past, they've pretty much fucked that up with a shitty origin story in Korra, combined with us knowing roughly how it ends. Nothing much is at stake when we know that it will end with roughly the status quo that was before the fire nation attacked. Still, I'd much rather see an Avatar story set far back into the past than one in the future, because that shit is unsalvageable.
>>
>>84633528
>Wouldn't even need to use Bending due to the technological advancements.

Yeah, nah.
>>
>>84633528
It's not about imagination, it just doesn't fit the setting and ideas behind it to go high tech.
>>
>>84632922
Producers said the same thing about Harry Potter
>>
File: 9haQfd2.jpg (277KB, 580x911px) Image search: [Google]
9haQfd2.jpg
277KB, 580x911px
>>84633507

go on...
>>
>>84633507
Terrible idea negating Aang's struggle and character development.

>>84633572
What a shitshow.
>>
>>84633481
>the more advanced technology gets, the more pointless bending becomes.
In a setting where guns don't exist and even gigantic robots can be taken down by benders, this wouldn't be true, at least not with a good storyteller at the helm.

>>84632391
Probably, but not until some time after 2020. Bryke are burned out on the franchise and I'm assuming Nick won't do something new without them.
>>
>>84633162
Don't know. That's what wikipedia says though.
>>
>>84633592

>Terrible idea negating Aang's struggle and character development.

He will be experiencing the genocide of his people first hand, and you think there wont be struggle and character development involved?
>>
File: Superman_in_Red_Son.png (787KB, 300x525px) Image search: [Google]
Superman_in_Red_Son.png
787KB, 300x525px
>>84633592
>>84633592

Some of the best comics out there are "What if" stories.
>>
>>84632406
Makes more sense to be Earth and deal with Kuvira's shit. The Fire nation is basically post-war Japan by the time Korra starts and probably isn't allowed to do shit. But it would be cool if by the end of the third series they have some kind of coup.
>>
>>84633531
>Bending couldn't even keep up with the weapons technology in Korra
There's only one piece of technology introduced in LOK that benders couldn't really "keep up" with and that was the shock glove, and even then we know an actual good bender could deal with that pretty easily. Benders can take down mechs, they can provide shielding against bombs and they can probably stop tanks too.
>>
File: scan0004.jpg (561KB, 509x764px) Image search: [Google]
scan0004.jpg
561KB, 509x764px
>>84633592

>Not wanting to see Yoda colony drop the mother fucking Death Star on top of Sheev's ugly mug

you have no concept of fun.
>>
>>84633507
That got me thinking. What if technology progresses until someone invents a time machine, and one of the first things they do with is to go back in time to kill Hitler and prevent the genocide of the airbenders. In this new time line, technology doesn't rapidly progress like it did in the original time line because the balance of the world has not been upset by the extermination of one of the kingdoms, Aang gets to have a happy childhood and live out his life in relative obscurity for an Avatar. Any number of stories could be told at this point. Maybe the one tasked with going back in time to kill Sozin was the earth Avatar that comes after Korra. After having completed his deed, he's stuck in this new timeline and goes off to live a long life as a hermit, dying around the same time as Aang and causing a second Avatar cycle of the opposing element to exist in this new timeline. That could make for an interesting story.
>>
>>84633843

>Time travel.

stop right there, nothing good ever came out of time travel in fiction.
>>
File: tumblr_nlmu6v2PzV1u16a9no1_1280.jpg (586KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlmu6v2PzV1u16a9no1_1280.jpg
586KB, 1000x1414px
>>84633103
Eh, I didn't get that at all.
She was depressed for large parts of Season 3, so of course she won't be that fierce or fiery.
And in the later half she tries to act as a diplomat and not get emotionally involved.

It's more of a sign of maturity than anything.

She lets go of her anger, her fear and the boisterous show boating, coming close to being a fully realized Avatar.
>>
>>84633796
Benders can take down steampunk mechs with great difficult, they'd be chanceless against cyberpunk mechs, especially if the spirit beam technology (which the benders can't keep up with either) is turned into man-portable weapons as you would expect.
>>
>>84633043
They need a Timothy Zahn.
It'd be great if they handed LoK off to an actual writer. Not a television writer and not one of Bryke's cronies and definitely not some upstart webcomic guy like Gene Yang.

A middling writer, that's done some solid stuff, with no direct connection for the franchise but some affection for it.
Somebody who brings a fresh perspective and who can rework the shows flubs into something serviceable.
>>
>>84633878
It's understandable for most of the season, but by the end she should have recovered from her depression but she obviously hadn't. They seemed to just shovel her depressed self as her new self which makes no sense.

She didn't let go of anything though. She got beat down and "realised" she deserved it somehow and acceptet her depressed state as her new self, it's not a sign of maturity to kill yourself off like she ended up being. If they wanted to convey maturity she should learn to keep her bad personality traits in check, not erase them completely.

She never let go, she was just beat down and changed into someone she wasn't in the show. Probably to make her seem more like Aang.
>>
>>84633878
I agree with the other anon, it's pretty clear by the end that she's still not very happy with where she is. She looks downright miserable when looking at the spirit portal and when she's talking to Tenzin about how there's still so much for her to do. She didn't even look really happy when walking up to the portal with Asami.

>the comics will never address how a relationship is not a cure for someone's mental illness and will just have Asami defeat the "dark Korra" with the power of vaginas

>>84633886
This argument is all what-ifs so I'm not going to get too much into it, but I still think in the right hands the story doesn't have to automatically take the "it's the future, so we don't need magic" approach.
>>
>>84633930
>>84633949
I didn't get that at all. I feel that's a lot of conjecture from you guys.
The entire Zaheer subplot was sadly cut short, but the point was to have Korra accept her trauma and dispel the fear she feels inside.

Of course you can't expect her to instantly be at peace with herself, but she's very clearly getting better over the course of the season.
>>
>>84632983

I like this idea, but I'd want them to be twins.

One is born immediately with the ability to bend earth and picks up the ability to bend water at an early age despite their parents not being fire benders. The other sibling is a non-bender and has to watch as their brother or sister starts receiving special treatment and training because they're the next avatar. It results in years of envy, a strong rivalry, and they end up almost hating each other completely as their relationship drifts apart.

A few years pass and the avatar is still struggling to learn fire and air bending. Something happens and their twin gets kidnapped after being mistaken as the avatar. While in captivity, the non-bender meets a fire bender prisoner who starts talking to them about bending. The sibling goes on this long rant about being how it isn't fair that they're twins but he/she can't bend and how they've been ignored for years blah blah blah...They get super emotional and pissed and go to hit the wall when all of the sudden flames pop out of their fists. Turns out they could fire bend but never tried because of years of being put down and kept in 2nd place. Since they're twins, each one can only bend 2 elements instead of all 4.

The series then focuses on them learning to master their individual elements while strengthening their bond again as they have to work side by side to make up 'one avatar'.

I don't know...I just think that'd be interesting to see.
>>
>>84633982
She was getting better, but then they dropped that at the end and basicly just killed her character off while treating it as if she had learned some new truth about herself, while still being visibly miseribly. Nothing about that ending says hopefull, and Korra will likely never recover to how she was during Book 3.
>>
>>84633930
>They seemed to just shovel her depressed self as her new self which makes no sense.
This. They played it off as some sort of hope spot when it was pretty much the opposite.

What's weird is that they already had a pretty satisfactory conclusion to that arc when she went to see Zaheer. It wasn't a complete happy ending, but it showed Korra had accepted what happened to her and was ready to start moving on.
>>
File: the-terminator[1].jpg (283KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-terminator[1].jpg
283KB, 1920x1080px
>>84633865
I seem to recall time travel being pretty central to the plots of Terminator, Doctor Who, Back to the Future and Planet of the Apes. Those are not all bad.
>>
File: tumblr_o3qjvrx3iR1us1xrqo1_1280.png (812KB, 1280x1595px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3qjvrx3iR1us1xrqo1_1280.png
812KB, 1280x1595px
>>84634030
I'm just glad that she's no longer a fucking asshole 90% of the time.

S3 Korra > S4 Korra > S1 Korra > S2 Korra
>>
I want a series about the dark avatar reborn, who decides not to be evil but instead try to bring balance to the world in their own way. Eventually they go seeking lionturtles in the spirit realm to learn bending other than water, and end up unlocking bending other than the 4 elements we know about. Wood, light etc.

The Avatar and the Dark Avatar then know 7 seperate elements between them, with water being the one element that bind them both together. And together they would work to keep the world in balance.
>>
>>84634088
She wasn't that bad in season 1, it was mostly the love triangle that fucked everyone over desu.

Season 2 however was a mess i'll give you that.

Still though the way season 4 ended just doesn't seem like Korra at all, Korra is more like she acted in Book 3 and 1, and that person doesn't seem to exist after book 4.
>>
>>84633982
>The entire Zaheer subplot was sadly cut short, but the point was to have Korra accept her trauma and dispel the fear she feels inside.
I think what the other anon and I are both arguing is that the Zaheer approach was the right approach, not the "I had to nearly die in a traumatic way, be cut off from the people I love and from myself for three years so I can be nice to a character I barely know because apparently I had absolutely no empathy before then" approach she has at the end when talking to Tenzin.
>>
>>84634142
Book 1 Korra was the best Korra. Nothing will ever top:

>Who do you think you are?
>Why don't you come and find out?

I remember the day that scene leaked and everyone lost their shit over that part.
>>
>>84634165
Season 1 Korra? Are you serious?

>Amon is a waterbender!!!!!!!
>...
>...
>No, I'm not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GP5_NQ_LEs
>>
>>84634146
Exactly. The Zaheer subplot was fine and the right way, it was just executed poorly. Imo it should have been more like The Guru from atla, an episode dedicated to Korra talking shit over with Zaheer and accepting what happened, maybe send them on a spirit world journy together idk.

>>84634165
Episode 1 is probably the best epsiode of LoK period.
>>
Just let it rest. The series has gone through enough abuse
>>
>>84634165
Book 1 Korra was an insufferable bitch who was always wrong, always incompetent, always lashing out and always blaming someone else.
>>
>>84634230
That was what was great about her. She was a shit that got slapped around like the dumbass she is. She was like a failed shonen protagonist
>>
>>84634230
Honestly not sure why people say she was a bitch in season 1. Season 2 i get, but i never got a bitch vibe in book 1. Maybe a little in Spirit of Competition but otherwise no.
>>
File: 1457720832939.png (115KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
1457720832939.png
115KB, 500x216px
>>84634210
>>84634230
She was best Korra and I would kill Bryke for a magical retcon that made her the "ending" Korra. I would also accept just killing Bryan for book 3 Korra. Book 4 Korra a shit.
>>
>>84634280
I would pay money for the ending to be rewritten and made canon.
>>
File: 1430426459589.jpg (64KB, 500x744px) Image search: [Google]
1430426459589.jpg
64KB, 500x744px
>>84634210
A lot of LoK and I mean A LOT could be more bearable if the show admitted that Korra is kind of a moron.

But the writers actually seems to imply that she's smart at some points, which to me just screams that they had no idea of how her actions reflect back on her.

They need to embrace the fact that Korra is a dumbass and work with it.
Likewise with Asami being a doormat.
When they accepted that Mako was kind of a humorless dick, his character actually got more likable because they consciously started to play with that fact.
>>
>>84634280
Just watch Cross Ange or Archer, at least in those shows the hero being an asshole is the point.
>>
File: KorraOppressingCivilians.png (494KB, 805x722px) Image search: [Google]
KorraOppressingCivilians.png
494KB, 805x722px
>>84634275
Probably cause of scenes like this. And y'know, the whole love triangle (rectangle?) she started
>>
>>84634324
They actually did do that in early book 1, they just depicted her as being naive and inexperienced as opposed to outright stupid. Afterwards she continuously gets thrown into situations that are way above her head (she's a 17/18 year old in the first three books) that labeling her a moron because she didn't know how to handle a civil war would be unnecessarily cruel.

She DOES do outright stupid things, but I wouldn't ever call Korra a moron.
>>
>>84634381
I mean, he was working/affiliated with the group that had just kidnapped her friend and he was basically saying Bolin deserved whatever was going to happen to him. All things considered I'd probably be a lot more violent if I were in her position.
>>
File: Zhao aproves.jpg (109KB, 500x576px) Image search: [Google]
Zhao aproves.jpg
109KB, 500x576px
>>84634381
The love triangle i can understand, but that scene? She is trying to get information from a known equalist supporter about their rally to save Bolin, and she doesn't even beat him up or threaten his life or anything. It's not like when she threatened to kill that Judge for no reason.

I thought you someone would bring up her disagreements with Tenzin or something, which i would say is mostly her being frustrated at going nowhere, and she does apologize to him every time by the end of the episodes so i don't mind that.
>>
File: tumblr_niatisCsDH1u7hvsjo1_1280.jpg (402KB, 1280x1595px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niatisCsDH1u7hvsjo1_1280.jpg
402KB, 1280x1595px
I just wanted to dump some legend of shen stuff. Just some of the cooler art. It was a fun project.
>>
>>84634387
S1/S2 Korra was dumb. She learned nothing from her experiences with Amon and repeated all her bullheaded mistakes. She was manipulated by everyone around her with extremely simple ruses. Her entire plan for ousting Amon was the pinnacle of idiocy. The girl just don't think good.
>>
>>84634496
You can see it all on the tumblr, provided it is still up. Shen was a sandbender who didn't know he was the Avatar.
>>
File: tumblr_nila18JzHW1u7hvsjo1_1280.jpg (274KB, 1280x1023px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nila18JzHW1u7hvsjo1_1280.jpg
274KB, 1280x1023px
>>84634531
Kimiko is the fire nation noble tasked with retrieving him, and (in secret) having him master the elements.
>>
>>84632498
Didn't they announce that comic like 2 years ago? What happened?
>>
File: tumblr_nhu7f0WpRV1u7hvsjo1_400.png (67KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhu7f0WpRV1u7hvsjo1_400.png
67KB, 400x450px
>>84634575
She gotta have him master the elements.. why? To prevent some Cold War that's going on. I don't really remember the big details of why it was going on though, this was a while ago.
>>
File: korra figures.png (73KB, 1059x596px) Image search: [Google]
korra figures.png
73KB, 1059x596px
>>84633149
Cause someone gave it a favourable comparison it did well?
>>
File: 1403697831081.jpg (109KB, 486x535px) Image search: [Google]
1403697831081.jpg
109KB, 486x535px
>>84634387
The problem is that almost everyone in Korra's age range or even younger acts smarter and more competently than her.
Her being young only works as an excuse when she's not the odd man out. And given that ATLA had younger protagonists being far cleverer than her too, it seems disingenuous to use it as an excuse.

And what >>84634521 said is more true than anything else. She keeps doing the same shit and expecting different results.
There's nothing wrong with a hero being a muscle head, but you can't have them act dumb and pay lipservice to them being smart. Hell, the show has a bad habit of doing that. Remember when Mako called her the nicest and most selfless person he knows, when all of the season Korra was on a violent ego trip?
>>
>>84634275
>Maybe a little in Spirit of Competition
Blowing off your date to get his brother to cheat on his girlfriend with you is not being "maybe a little" of a bitch. I'm trying to think of a character in a comic who did something bitchier than that, but I'm coming up short.
>>
>>84634609
They announced them at SDCC last year. If they're still on track they're supposed to start coming out in the fall. There's some rumors that they're being pushed back because the first artist and left and they're having trouble finding a new one.
>>
File: 1418761170332.png (114KB, 467x554px) Image search: [Google]
1418761170332.png
114KB, 467x554px
>>84634681
I respectfully disagree.
>>
>>84634619
Poi is the adopted sister of Kimiko. Her style of water bending was gonna be more hands on. She would encase her self in water and ice and brawl, instead of water whips like Katara. Also she'd have a whole thing about coming in to her own, having her own identity (as a waterbender) before being able to teach Shen.
>>
>>84634724
Which part of that are you disagreeing with exactly? It seems pretty accurate to me.
>>
>>84634681
>Hell, the show has a bad habit of doing that.
The show does it in so many aspects. Book 4 she is sad cause she loses her power, is this a chance for her to grow and explore other things? No she punches her way through stuff till she is allowed them back and is now happy again
>>
>>84634691
She didn't blow off the date, they had ended the date before then and even has some probending matches since then, otherwise you're right i guess.

But i generally disregard most of the shipping stuff since it's just bad for everyone involved.
>>
>>84634778
By the way, Kimiko is older than Poi, and Poi older than Shen. They were all gonna be in their teens still though.
>>
>>84634779
Just the entire notion that Korra is stupid or an idiot in any way. I'm not really interested in debating it because it's been four years since the show started and neither of us are going to be swayed and this thread has been relatively chill for a LOK one so far.
>>
>>84634817
Also you got Bayar. Older brother of Shen, against helping the Fire Nation, he just wants to go stay in the Sand Bender tribes, and help them. He wants Shen to do the same. I don't seem to have any solo pics of him though. He's the tall one.
>>
File: Whorra.gif (315KB, 486x494px) Image search: [Google]
Whorra.gif
315KB, 486x494px
>>84634857
>Just the entire notion that Korra is stupid or an idiot in any way.
I don't see how that is even something that is possible to disagree with. She's a dumb brute with no impulse control and a very high opinion of herself. That's pretty much her entire character in season 1.
>>
>>84633995
This is a neat idea
>>
>>84633995
this is a bad idea
>>
File: tumblr_nid942IWd81u7hvsjo1_1280.jpg (396KB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nid942IWd81u7hvsjo1_1280.jpg
396KB, 1280x1656px
>>84634880
They were being hunted, for one reason or another. I don't really remember, but It was by the suicide squad, as we temporarily named them. The captain, old boomerang pirate. Rhino, smart, sweet, deadly. Some Yu ang archer chick who went rouge, and some dude I didn't care about.
>>
>>84635038
Streetrat rebel Wang. Raised as an air monk but he don't care about none of that. He'd be hippidty and hopping. We never really got to developing him though, but I loved the idea of a brother sister relationship with Kimiko for him
>>
File: tumblr_nhu7f0WpRV1u7hvsjo8_400.png (88KB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhu7f0WpRV1u7hvsjo8_400.png
88KB, 400x307px
>>84635079
I'm out of words.
>>
File: tumblr_ny8fsibWZY1rcx61zo1_1280.jpg (480KB, 860x794px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny8fsibWZY1rcx61zo1_1280.jpg
480KB, 860x794px
>>84634959
I like idiot Korra.
It makes her flaws seem more relatable.
I mean she's peak physically, a bending prodigy, has lots of influential friends and a high social status from birth.

Let her be kind of a dumbass, there has to be some reason for her to constantly fuck up.
I'm more than willing to forgive an idiot that fucks up despite good intentions. A "normal" person with the same track record is pretty much a disgrace.
>>
File: tumblr_nhu67791SS1u7hvsjo5_250.jpg (22KB, 234x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhu67791SS1u7hvsjo5_250.jpg
22KB, 234x400px
>>84635136
If anyone actually cares https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vvw91y144y5dzom/AAATOgALnIbA9n088qUI2QLUa?dl=0

Here's The drop box with all the art.
>>
>>84632391
but both Korra and Aang were avatars who could earthbend
>>
File: tumblr_nhu67791SS1u7hvsjo3_540.jpg (40KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhu67791SS1u7hvsjo3_540.jpg
40KB, 540x303px
>>84635205
Here, I found a Bayar design. The mid one is Korra. Shen will only be able to rely on Korra, not the other Avatar's. Also I just remembered a plot point, I'll share in a bit.
>>
>>84633209
How is any of this "normie"?
>>
>>84635243
There was one that we were gonna try to fix Evil vs Good, that Korra did. The finale of the last book, Shen unlocks something within Raava, which is Vaatu. He has to learn to balance then together, something that no Avatar has done before. In the end, this will bring more balance And a more powerful Avatar state, or some thing like that.
>>
>>84635279
She was gonna be a plot point. They'd help her out in book one, she would appear here and there, and the shed be kidnapped by communist earth kingdom and be turned into a sonic monster.
>>
>>84635153
>there has to be some reason for her to constantly fuck up.
The problem I have with that in particular. She fucks up quite a bit, but most of the time there are no consequences for her fuck up.

Most of the time things just happen that make it alright that she fucked up. And not by her own doing.
>>
>>84635153
>she's peak physically, a bending prodigy
and gets her ass handed to her in every fight.
>>
File: Korra vs Tarrlok.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Korra vs Tarrlok.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>84635431
Right.
>>
File: 1451399149908.jpg (69KB, 934x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1451399149908.jpg
69KB, 934x1072px
>>84633043
>Thrawn
Could have been Kuvira.
>>
>>84635388
>but most of the time there are no consequences for her fuck up.

For season 1 that was true.
But 2 had the past lives being eradicated and the URN's president hating her plus her own homeland feeling betrayed that she was trying to be neutral and do spirit stuff.
3 had them get rid of her from the URN, the Earth Queen seek to capture her by putting a bounty on her, Zaheer getting airbending and escaping from that horribly designed prison, and how she get injured to the point of needing to recover for 2 years.
Then 4 has the recovery make it so someone else steps in to help the Earth Kingdom, the vines that came about from Unalaq are found to be a power source, and how Hiroshi died due to her plan in the finale.

Lots of bad stuff happened that she has to live with on her mind. And unlike Aang all of it can be attributed to Korra.
As you said most of the times things end up alright but that's because she tries to bring things back to a normal with the help of the chucklefucks who she befriended.
>>
>>84636177
You know she lost that fight, right?
>>
>>84636439
No she destroyed Tarrlok and then he used bloodbending on her when he lost.
>>
>>84636485
No, she did not win the fight. She was doing well as long as her opponent was trying to hide his power level, but she lost the fight as soon as he stopped holding back.
>>
>>84633995
This is an okay idea.
>>
>>84636661
She was destroying him and had him beaten. He then used Bloodbending afterwards because he knew she was going to turn him in and he couldn't beat her any other way.

Being taken down by someone pushed so far that bloodbending is their only option is a testiment to how strong she actually is.
>>
File: 1428971191077.jpg (66KB, 659x743px) Image search: [Google]
1428971191077.jpg
66KB, 659x743px
>>84636714
>She won
>No she didn't.
>He cheated so she won.
>>
>>84632391
After the disaster that was Korra, you won't be getting another Avatar series ever again.
>>
>>84636485
She could have destroyed Tarrlok but they had to have him be a moonless psychic bloodbender.

There's always something that suddenly happens or comes up or hell even sometimes DOESN'T happen that has Korra lose.

Imagine if she just went Avatar State when everyone including herself found out that, surprise surprise, Zaheer was lying about freedom. She'd had taken him out while the others tangled with P'li and then she could help them once Zaheer was down.
But it doesn't happen.

Imagine if she just broke Unalaq when they were out to rescue Korra's father Tonraq. She already was tossing him around with airbending.

Or if she just went in and took Kuvira out without needing the others to take out the mech which taking out the mech doesn't matter if the pilot (Kuvira) is down for the count.

There are a lot of instances like this in LoK, much like your Tarrlok example.
>>
>>84636750
Are you saying only weak fighters lose to bloodbending? A technique that can only be countered by bloodbending and the Avatar state? She won the duel he had no escape and was forced to use bloodbending which was also a problem for me.

>>84636780
There is, which is why the idea that Korra being weak is retarded. There is always some unforeseen reason why Korra can't be allowed to win fair and square, but that hardly makes her a bad fighter.
>>
>>84636714
>bloodbending isn't fair!
Tough shit, she lost. It's not exactly fair that she gets to use multiple elements either. Speaking of which, has she ever taken someone down using their own element or is she just a mediocre bender in every element?
>>
>>84636832
>but that hardly makes her a bad fighter.

The reasons aren't "unforeseen." They are things that Korra could have done but didn't. It is easy to blame the writing, but that's the easy way out. Rather blame the stupid character that can't deliver on their traits and experiences.

Korra lost every important conflict until the 11th hour when she had backup. Maybe they were going for that whole "well she had a nice life so we need to make it tragic like Aang, Zuko, Mako, Asami, Katara..." and so had her lose to make us feel for the character. But it backfires because the things that happened to the others were beyond their control. Korra's failures were well within in control because of her power and what she should have learned from the previous episode.

>>84636832
>countered by bloodbending and the Avatar state?
Mako could wiggle out of it when even Aang, Toph, and Sokka couldn't. Mako.

Mako Mako Mako. Mako is so perfectly Mako.
>>
>>84636944
>has she ever taken someone down using their own element

She has never taken someone down, ever. The "Avatar" fight with Unalaq had her able to sometimes out water him despite being in his Avatar state. But that whole fight was contrived enough since spirituality never made you a better fighter yet suddenly Unalaq being more spiritual (I guess?) means he can stand against 4 elements plus 10,000 years of experience in the form of someone who loves to fight and has been for 14 years versus older man who sits on a chair all day meditating.
>>
File: Korra vs kidnappers3.gif (660KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
Korra vs kidnappers3.gif
660KB, 500x277px
>>84636944
It's not about fairness. It's like him pulling a gun because lost and wants revenge. She also beat a group of waterbending without bending. She also beat lieutenant and his equalists aswell as some Dai li and Kuvira soldiers.

>>84636977
It is unforeseen though, because as you say she should be able to finish the fight. And it is entirely a writing issue that they can't challenge her without fights and therefore have to force her to lose in the end. In fact she rarely loses to anyone but the villain in order to make him seem scary. I'm not denying that she loses alot to the villains, but some random asspull power doesn't make her weak at all, it just proves that for anyone to be a credible threat they need to take her by surprise and use impossible techniques.

And the Mako thing is once again a writing issue. He is apparently so talented as a Firebender that he can counter waterbending moves, somehow.
>>
>>84632391
I hope not. Bryke were given an opportunity no one may ever get again and repeatedly squandered it. They don't deserve another dollar.
>>
>>84634165
>Book 1 Korra was the best Korra.
Book 1 of Korra was the second worst. It was absolute trash.
>>
>>84633739
Korra is shit
Kuvira is shit
Just skip ahead and make some interesting backstory with the earth avatar instead of trying to make turd juice from turds with Korra fallout
>>
>>84637216
>It's not about fairness
What is it about, then? He won the fight. End of story.
>>
>>84637408
No he lost the fight, knew he had lost it and pulled a gun basicly. They had a fight and he couldn't win so he used other means to get her afterwards.
>>
>>84636430
>But 2 had the past lives being eradicated
Which had no consequence, because she never spoke to them to begin with.

>the URN's president hating her
Again, no consequence. That plot point was completely dropped after it was introduced.

>her own homeland feeling betrayed that she was trying to be neutral and do spirit stuff.
This never even came up.

>the Earth Queen seek to capture her by putting a bounty on her
That wasn't a result of her fucking up. That was a villain being a villain.

>Zaheer getting airbending and escaping from that horribly designed prison, and how she get injured to the point of needing to recover for 2 years.
See above.

>Then 4 has the recovery make it so someone else steps in to help the Earth Kingdom, the vines that came about from Unalaq are found to be a power source
Again, these aren't a result of her character flaws.

>Hiroshi died due to her plan in the finale
Hiroshi sacrificed himself in a way Korra had nothing to do with.

Korra's weaknesses that are introduced at the start of the series (her stubborness, short temper, and reliance on brute force) never cause her problems. The only time she actually has any development is when she gets her ass kicked at the end of Book 3 (which, again, has nothing to do with her established character) and spends Book 4 regaining the confidence she lost in that loss. Which is resolved by one line from Zaheer.

The only real failing she had had nothing to do with her character flaws.
>>
>>84637434
She lost the fucking fight. It doesn't matter why.
>>
>>84637475
>her stubborness, short temper, and reliance on brute force

Her stubborness and short temper cause all of season 2 since she wants to do her job and only her uncle seems capable of getting results. If she stopped and continued to try and meditate she could have at least asked Aang what the fuck is going on or even get into the spirit world without him by finding out that Jinora is the risen Christ.

The confidence she lost wasn't resolved by one line from Zaheer. She had been at that point for a while in her recovery and he gave her that last step. Like how Katara needed to find her mother's killer and accept what happened and not seek revenge, then she's okay with Zuko.
>>
>>84636714
>He then used Bloodbending afterwards because he knew she was going to turn him in and he couldn't beat her any other way.
And before that he was beating her ass so badly her only option was to cut him off from his source of water entirely, which is the only reason he had to bloodbend. It goes both ways, Tarrlok wins regardless.
>>
>>84637434
Korra brought a knife to what she thought was a fist fight. Tarrlok brought a gun and won.
>>
>>84632983
>I also want to see an Avatar with a sibling for once. The amount of envy one could have from their brother/sister being the avatar

Being the Avatar is not like how it was back in the olden times in the Avatarverse. Everyone hated Korra and she hasn't even made her debut yet in the world at large. Yet everyone against the Fire Nation was loving Aang despite him arriving 100 years late with the war having lasted so long. I was at least expecting something like The Last Unicorn where Molly yells at the unicorn about what the fuck took so long though rather than being about health and age instead it is about life and death.
>>
>>84632391
The third series will be about a male Avatar living in the Earth states. Technology at this point is close to ours.

Fourth and final series will be about a Fire Nation girl in a more futuristic setting. Regular space expeditions by Future Industries to investigate celestial phenomena like Sozin's Comet. Fire bending in space.
>>
>>84632391
Unless Korra dies young the next avatar won't be born until modern times, meaning a series about him would have to take place in the near future, technologically. I highly doubt that they would do that, so at this point any new Avatar content would probably be a prequel about earlier avatars, an inbetweenquel about the Gaang, or something about a totally new cast of characters (not the avatar) from any time period.

Personally it would be cool to skip ahead to the firebending avatar and see how the avatar and bending influenced the development of a cyberpunk type world.

Honestly though I'd be down for anything as long as Bryke isn't involved and the writers have an appreciation for east asian mysticism/philosophy and martial arts.
>>
>>84637216
Bro, when the gun is his literal power levels, he did not lose - he won. Keep crying as if he cheated because in reality he didn't. Not even the anon you're arguing with, just popped in and found your logic to be ridiculously third grade level.
>>
>>84633428
You do actually.
>>
>>84634857
>Just the entire notion that Korra is stupid or an idiot in any way
- Amon is a waterbender!
- No i'm not
>>
>>84636485
>he used a technique that made him win
>this means Korra won
>>
>>84636832
>A technique that can only be countered by bloodbending and the Avatar state
Mako says hi.
>>
>>84638318
Maybe you do, traitor.
>>
>>84638024
>a series about him would have to take place in the near future, technologically.
They already have fucking giant robots in LoK how much more modern can technology get
>>
>>84638474
Military vehicles progressed a lot faster in Avatar world than real world, presumably because they don't have to focus on infantry since infantry weaponry is bending. The rest of technology is pretty similar in the world. If it took place in the near future obviously they would have computers, air conditioning, microwaves, that sort of stuff.

The giant robots are just anime shit placed there by Bryke because they have literally no idea how to write though.
>>
>>84637792
He got shit on before losing the fight and resorting to bloodbending to not get arrested.
>>
>>84636714
No one would be against Korra using the Avatar state in fights or just plain old beating other bad guys.
But the victory shouldn't be that you took down the opponent physically. She should have won against Amon, Unalaq, Zaheer, Kuvira but then also helped the world directly.
>>
>>84638452
Mako didn't counter it, he just barely moved and pulled lightning out of his ass.
>>
Semi-relevant: is ATLA the greatest show ever made? I've honestly never a seen a show, live action or cartoon, east or west, that's as engrossing and rewatchable as TLA is
>>
>>84638600
I agree with you on this. But that's not what i was arguing. My point was that she is actually a good fighter and despite not having favourable outcomes from fights, she does actually push her opponents and win fights forcing them to essentially "cheat" to get away.
>>
>>84638674
>is ATLA the greatest show ever made?
No
>>
>>84638674
For me it is so far, others might disagree. Obviously it isn't flawless but it doesn't take away from the overall story.
>>
>>84638674
Not even close. It's not even the best American cartoon.
>>
>>84638687
What's better then? There's a few shows I've enjoyed nearly as much, shows where I can endlessly rewatch many episodes, but none to the degree of ATLA.
>>
>>84637773
>Her stubborness and short temper cause all of season 2
And it was resolved by her being given new powers from nowhere to punch the problem to death.
>>
>>84638790
Not him, but you really need to expand your horizons. ATLA is only even close to greatest if you limit your scope to western kids' shows.
>>
>>84633209
But Steven Universe is a good show.

The fanbase is cancer though
>>
>>84638674
ATLA is literally comparable to Naruto in terms of quality. It's a kids' show with some strong points, but it's far from perfect and not even close to being the best show of all time.
>>
>>84638881
I haven't seen a ton of shows, but I've seen at least a few hundred anime series, a few Western sitcoms and drams and a decent amount of western cartoons. The only types of shows I regularly avoid are live-action shows that come from the network channels and other countries, because those have a tendency to be shit. I mostly come from an anime-watching background in regards to television.

Movies are a different story, but as far as tv shows go avatar is the best.

>>84638958
No it's not. Naruto has absolutely none of the cohesiveness that this show has. Every single aspect is worse. I highly suggest you rewatch this show if you even think they're comparable.
>>
File: tumblr_o8sfoaKKyM1tl5boeo1_540.jpg (188KB, 540x699px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8sfoaKKyM1tl5boeo1_540.jpg
188KB, 540x699px
>>84634697
I hope they get Frank Cho.
Hell, I hope they get iahfy.
>>
File: 1462374019231.png (94KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
1462374019231.png
94KB, 500x392px
>>84637434
> He's a pussy, so it doesn't count.
Then I hope you get shot to see how that counts as you "winning". Fucking cunt, just be a Korrafag elsewhere and fuck off with this shit. Even I don't cocksuck Aang like this despite being a better written Avatar than Korra.
>>
File: 1459919923323.jpg (36KB, 579x577px) Image search: [Google]
1459919923323.jpg
36KB, 579x577px
>>84638790
It's called, preferences. Nothing in history is "the best thing ever" because someone out of 7 billion doesn't like it. /co/ isn't the fucking entire world, so you can't pull the "it's a meme" card like how all things hated on /co/ntrarian are called to hugbox a "popular opinion".
This is coming from someone that loves the original Avatar.
>>
>>84638576
>He got shit on before losing the fight
He was overwhelming Korra with his water bubble, she had to conjure up a shield then cut him off from water because she couldn't handle him in a straight fight.
>>
>>84639205
What are you even on about anon, I was just curious as to what you guys think are better. I was actually hoping specifically someone would mention something I've never seen, but it seems /co/ is too autistic to ever have normal conversations that aren't arguments
>>
>>84639100
What are you even talking about. He has one move that is insta win against anyone, and he couldn't take her without it. He's the weak one if anything.

>>84639216
She blocked his attack and hit him with a wall ending the fight. She was simply a better fighter than him.

Bloodbending shows nothing of your control or skill at bending. It just takes control of the opponent so they can't fight back. If you manage to somehow break bloodbending you're pretty awesome actually.
>>
File: likeatown.gif (121KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
likeatown.gif
121KB, 250x188px
>>84635153
>being an impulsive idiot who acts tough to mask her low self-esteem is relatable.

Maybe to you.
>>
>>84633995
I've actually written a long drawn out two season and a mini-series prequel about this concept.

In my version, the third spirit portal creates a third spirit akin to Raava and Vaatu. Raava has to enter the spirit world after Korra dies (as in a prequel miniseries, it is established that Korra gave up her bending at some point in the future) and retrieve the elemental energy again. She finds the new baby spirit and nurtures it so it will be inspired by Raava and be good. She does so by giving it the power of water and air.

Raava and the baby spirit go into twin boys and so there are half-avatars.

The concept is pretty much shattered at the end of the first season when one of the twins is killed by a spirit canon and the two spirits are forced to combine into one.
>>
>>84634324
lmao the fuck you talking about? The show is literally all about how Korra is a moron. She is the exact opposite of what someone would call a mary sue because she always fucks up and has to deal with the repercussions.

That's why Finale Korra is the best. Because she's grown and come to accept herself and love herself again after being paralyzed.
>>
>>84639324
>Bloodbending shows nothing of your control or skill at bending
To be able to bloodbend at all you need those in copious amounts. That was the whole point of his "daddy made me train real hard" flashback
>>
>>84633995
I was totally with this until you did the half-avatar thing, that's just a dumb concept in my opinion. Just making the non-bending sibling become the villain would be a lot more cliched but also more believable and sympathetic.
>>
>>84639417
How do you figure that? Katara learned it quite fast, and Hama didn't seem that special. Tarrlok, Noatak and Yakone could do it from genetics without a moon. There's really nothing to suggest bloodbending being all that diffcult, it seems to be more about raw power and the will to do it.
>>
>>84639462
Fucking everybody in ATLA was a prodigy that learned things in 1/100th the time it takes normal people. Hama had to train for years to do it.
>>
>>84639509
Hama had to reinvent it from scratch. You still haven't said why it would require a lot of skill. I'd say it doesn't since no matter what it stops a fight dead in it's tracks, you don't have to be good a fighting to use it since you simply stop your opponent completely from the get go. You do however need to be good to fight against it.
>>
>>84639063
>tv shows go avatar is the best
>There exist people with taste this bad
>>
File: image.jpg (238KB, 1240x786px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238KB, 1240x786px
>>84639364
>In my version, the third spirit portal creates a third spirit akin to Raava and Vaatu.
>>
>>84639509
>Fucking everybody in ATLA was a prodigy

Aang was because he's the Avatar. Katara was a prodigy because she's a stupid mary sue. Zuko was a genetically strong firebender who struggled to unlock his real skill because of his lack of self-confidence and inner conflict, but considering he was literally shown struggling with basic firebending he can hardly be called a prodigy. Azula was called a prodigy but it also implied she put in massive amounts of work in order to master firebending to impress her father. She was still a genetically strong firebender as well though. Toph was less so a prodigy than it was that her blindness allowed her to "see the truth" about earthbending faster/better than other people could, so her earthbending was literally more effective than other peoples rather than her being able to learn earthbending faster. Sokka couldn't bend.

So really, the only real prodigies were Katara and possibly Azula.
>>
>>84639409
Korra never overcomes her flaws. The problems just fixed themselves or let her win through brute force.

Her "growth" in Book 4 has nothing to do with her initial character flaws and entirely revolves around coping with a loss she can't really be blamed for (since it was a heroic sacrifice) at the very end of Book 3.
>>
>>84639762
And Toph. And Azula's two best friends, who could kick the ass of 99% of adults at age 14.
>>
>>84632391
I can see it continuing on as a comic series in a few years.
>>
>>84639762
Aang was one of the youngest, if not the youngest airbender masters before he even touched another element. Toph's natural advantage is exactly what made her a prodigy. Even Sokka is framed as some keen-minded tactician at age 16. Zuko's the only real shitter out of the main cast. He was just a normal guy trying real hard to be exceptional
>>
>>84633142
>>84633149
>>84633375

fuck off
>>
>>84639324
>He has one move that is insta win against anyone
Which he used to instantly win his fight against Korra.

>he couldn't take her without it.
And she couldn't take him without earthbending.
>>
Raava is attached to the Avatar's soul which creates a new avatar upon reincarnation, does that mean reincarnation is a law upon which the Avatar universe follows or is it forced by Raava?
>>
>>84639965
He used it after losing. It like losing a battle but winning the war.

Don't even know what your point about earthbending is. It's not like she is a worse fighter for knowing different styles of fighting and being good at them.
>>
File: LOK.png (45KB, 580x650px) Image search: [Google]
LOK.png
45KB, 580x650px
>>84632922
For now. They're taking a break to focus on new things, but in a few years they'd be open to doing more in the Avatarverse

>>84633531
>If we disregard the facts that they stopped airing it on TV because of its declining ratings
Which were caused by the network.
>>
>>84640098
Or a growing disinterest in LoK. Which continued from book 2 onwards.
>>
>>84640098
>For now. They're taking a break to focus on new things
Someone post that image describing them.
>>
>>84640091
>He used it after losing.
No, he used it so he wouldn't lose.

>Don't even know what your point about bloodbending is. It's not like he is a worse fighter for knowing different styles of fighting and being good at them.
>>
>>84640134
It was the network's fault. They kept moving thr timeslot and stopped advertising.
>>
>>84640098
>It's all Nick's fault
Fuck off, Bryke. You two shits got to make 50 high-budget episodes of this garbage.
>>
>>84632406
>Feeling guilt for something your country did 200 years ago.
Liberal detected.
>>
>>84640220
this>>84640218
>>
>>84640220
>You two shits got to make 50 high-budget episodes of this garbage

Only really the first season was high-budget. If the last 3 were too it definitely didn't show. I mean they even did a clips episode at one point.
>>
>>84640176
He didn't know different styles, he lost and resorted to bloodbending. And bloodbending doesn't mean you're good at bending it means you can bloodbend, which might show that you have some raw strenght, but he was obviously a weaker and worse fighter than Korra.
>>
>>84640098
There was a decline in ratings during each season and a sharp decline from each season to the next. Anyone would drop that shit.
>>
>>84640218
It was both parties involved you dork. As if Bryke didn't have a major hand in LoKs failure too.
>>
>>84640252
See:
>>84640220

>>84640268
Compared to every cartoon airing right now it's animation budget was massive.
>>
>>84633428
Well... we still see the world forcing Germany to apologize for ww2 100 years later...
>>
>>84632983
>The amount of envy one could have from their brother/sister being the avatar
>the inevitable story line about the avatar envying their sibling for not having as much responsibility
>sibling explains that they have every bit as much responsibility to the world as the avatar does, really takes the avatar down a peg
would watch.

Sibling would have to be a Sokka tier nonbender tho.
>>
>>84640272
>She didn't know different styles, she lost and resorted to earthbending. And earthbending doesn't mean you're good at bending it means you can earthbend, which might show that you have some raw strenght, but she was obviously a weaker and worse fighter than Tarrlok.
>>
>>84640319
this>>84640252
>>
>>84640268
>I mean they even did a clips episode at one point
Nickelodeon cut the budget by what totaled to be basically an entire episode. It was either they do a clip show or fire most of the crew

>>84640302
Which was caused by the change in timeslot and the lack of advertising.

>>84640313
I personally didn't have too many issues with Korra. Most of my friends didn't either. It was Nick's fault the ratings fell.
>>
>>84640373
No, it would be better if they were a skilled bender. Means they'd be a big deal if not for their sibling.
>>
>>84640373

>>84640412 This
>>
>>84640375
>earthbending isn't a style
Jesus you're dumb.

She's good a bending because she shows that she is, and because we're told that she is. Just because you have a hate boner for Korra that makes you refuse to acknowledge that she is in fact a better fighter than Tarrlok doesn't make it not true.

So yeah, Earthbending is a style of fighting that you can have various levels of skill in, and Korra scores high in that, whereas Bloodbending isn't a skill but a power. You're either stronger or weaker at it, and you can never beat a bloodbender stronger than you, just as you can't lose to a weaker bloodbender than you. Tarrlok got his ass kicked in a bending fight and resorted to super powers because he's not good enough to fight Korra.
>>
>>84640272
Waterbenders can learn bloodbending, but not earthbending. Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>84640373
>Sokka tier nonbender tho

If you mean likable by that then sure, but if you mean in terms of fighting skill he wasn't really all that good. He was more the idea guy, when he took down enemies it was because he came up with some clever plan and/or did something funny with his boomerang. Comparatively Mai and Ty Lee could solo large groups of adult benders and Zuko and Azula could do some seriously acrobatic shit
>>
>>84634381
jesus shit on a cracker she just lifts a man with one arm like it's nothing
>>
>>84640401
Son, you're fighting a losing battle. It's impossible to bring up Korra on /co/ without cries of "hack writing" and the like. Get out while you still can.
>>
>>84640527
What are you even on about? Bloodbending is a sub-genre of waterbending not a different style of bending.
>>
>>84640527
fools like him dont they just like to say what others tell them
>>
>>84640587
Says the retard spouting /co/ memes.
>>
>>84640401
You're obviously retarded as LoK actually has a lower rating than ATLA. Just know that it was both parties faults, with Bryke doing some major stupid shit and indeed, the schedules at Nick. You're obviously an apologist if you will just defend them blindly.
>>
File: 1378989107030.gif (104KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
1378989107030.gif
104KB, 250x225px
>>84640401
Retard alert.
>>
>>84640606
the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>84640612
keep crying kid
>>
>>84640526
Retard alert, you have to hone your skills. Tarrlok won the fight, doesn't matter if he wasn't as good of a fighter than Korra. Korra at the time was weaker, which is especially true because she couldn't use the avatar state at the time, because no training or spirtual awakening.

Tarrlok won, everyone is calling you a dipshit in this thread because they're correct. You just like to be argumentative and pretend Tarrlok had to "cheat". Tarrlok in the end won, no matter any other way you spin it. Won't be replying as we've already all told you you're a retard and why, but you won't have it. So peace out.
>>
>>84632391
God i hope not. I don't like eartbenders cause they look like indians or black people. I prefer a Firebender or Airbender Please
>>
>>84640612
Don't bother anon, there are some severely mentally deficient people in these threads, you won't make them understand logic ever.
>>
>>84640694
are you fucking stupid
>>
>>84640526
>She's good a bending because we're told that she is.
ftfy

>she is in fact a better fighter than Tarrlok
He won the fight between them. He'd win the next fight as well, and the one after that, and the one after that. He is better at winning fights than she is. That makes him a better fighter.

>Earthbending is a style of fighting that you can have various levels of skill in
Earthbending is a power that you are either born with, or you are not.

>Bloodbending isn't a skill but a power.
No, that'd be waterbending and they are both born with waterbending. Bloodbending is a skill that waterbenders like Katara can learn.

>Tarrlok got his ass kicked in a bending fight
No, that'd be Korra.
>>
>>84640779
He is.
>>
>>84640694
Except you dont really need to hone Bloodbending since no one can do anything against it anyway. And tarrlok lost the fight which is why he had to use bloodbending in the first place.
>>
>>84640796
Korra wasn't the one who got her body thrown through a wall and slammed into the floor of the next room, completely at her opponent's mercy. Tarrlok only won at the last second through a desperation move.
>>
>>84640796
he used blood bending to cheat you fucking fool
>>
>>84640865
How the fuck is using an advanced waterbending technique in a fight without rules cheating?
>>
>>84640862
No, but Korra was the one who lost the fight. She would have lost the fight much earlier if her opponent wasn't trying to hide his power level.
>>
>>84640796
She also shows us that she is good at fighting, against equalists, Dai Li, Tarrlok, Waterbending kidnappers, Kuvira soldiers and Probending. Even against Kuvira the second time around.

> He'd win the next fight as well
Maybe, maybe not, she knew he had Bloodbending for a second fight should it ever occur.

>Earthbending is a power that you are either born with, or you are not.
That you can actually hone and there are vast differences in how good earthbenders are, unlike bloodbending.

>Bloodbending is a skill that waterbenders like Katara can learn.
It's more like a power based on how strong you waterbending is geneticly since that's all Yakones family had.

>No, that'd be Korra.
Watch the webm again. Fight is over when he uses bloodbending.>>84636177
>>
>>84640797
Except you do need to hone blood bending, as explained by LoK. There will be prodigies, but you still need to train it until you fully understand it. Tarrlok never cheated, he just unleashed his power level because being soft wasn't enough. She lost because she could not conquer his power level. Also, the avatar state can indeed do something, as seen by Aang who conquered it. If Korra had gone into the avatar state she would have won, yet she didn't. It's because she couldn't spiritually yet, as seen at the end of the season where she finally does.

You seem to be grasping at Tarrlok starting to get his ass handed to him near the end, but that's not the end of the fight anon. The end of the fight is when all is said and done. Korra couldn't do anything and she lost because of it. i.e, she was powerless against Tarrlok and he knocked her out. Fight over, Tarrlok wins. Just because she started gaining ground near the end does not mean she won. If a guy is beating the shit out of another guy but then the losing one instantly comes back with a thunder bolt and fries his opponent, who do you think won? The guy with the thunderbolt. Had this been a duel that was specified to only use regular bending, sure. But even then Korra uses multiple elements, which makes it unfair to Tarrlok who ran out of water because of his environment. Korra used all three elements and wiped out his element supply. Tarrlok won by unleashing his power level.

Do you understand that logic?
>>
File: Air Temples.jpg (652KB, 3840x1260px) Image search: [Google]
Air Temples.jpg
652KB, 3840x1260px
>>84640562
Oh, I know. I used to frequent the korra generals here. It seems that most of the people there who liked the show have since left. Now all thats left is the autists who sperg constantly. I remember when they made threads every day just to hate on the show for over half a year.

>>84640612
You're obviously rather autistic and a contrarian as you hate on the show blindly.

>>84640623
Autist alert.
>>
>>84640889
Blood bending is outlawed. It's illegal.
>>
>>84640971

Considering I loved season three, and most of season 1 and 4, you can try again. Bryke fucked up and it's been explained a million times in a million threads why. I am just disappointed in Bryke. Good job with the retard logic though.
>>
>>84640995
So is setting people on fire or crushing them with rocks. Doesn't stop Korra from trying.
>>
>>84641037
how did thay fuck up something you didn't like happens and idiots like you make the same thread over and over
>>
>>84640963
She wasn't "gaining ground" she had him on the ropes from the start, he got his ass handed to him the entire time. She could have killed him if she wanted to and showed him mercy. That's when he used bloodbending. He had lost, he was beaten. No he wasn't holding back he was giving it his all hiding bloodbending, because it's illegal so he couldn't use it before the very end. He could only use it because he had literally nowhere else to go that's how outmatched he was.

If you have to retreat from a battle and bomb your enemy afterwards you didn't win that battle. You might have won the war, but you lost the battle.
>>
>>84640971
Anon we were mostly all here for the preairing of Korra. Remember the leaked 1-2 episodes? People had enthusiasm but ultimately Season 2 is where everyone really started hating on it. I even remember Season 1 finale after the end many people liked it but many people hated it. The day after it was filled with a bigger amount of animosity. Stop pretending Korra is perfect please.
>>
File: 1460369702561.gif (948KB, 400x262px) Image search: [Google]
1460369702561.gif
948KB, 400x262px
>>84641073
wow you are one stupid idiot
>>
>>84641106
Korra lost the fight the moment the kiddie gloves came off. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>84641106
>No he wasn't holding back he was giving it his all hiding bloodbending, because it's illegal so he couldn't use it before the very end.

Hiding his power level you mean? Good job on reaffirming my argument. He literally won the fight. Doesn't matter how cheap it was, doesn't matter how moral it was. There were no rules specified, he was fighting the avatar. He had no water, she took it away by punching him through a wall. You can cry about specifics all you want, but he won the fight. That's why she got locked up in a rural basement. If she had won she wouldn't be there for the next episode. You fail to understand logic and we already all explained to you why you were wrong. He was hiding his power level, and she lost. Deal with it.
>>
>>84641140
>having no argument whatsoever
>resorting to name
>>
>>84641184
>name-calling
Don't know why it sent mid-typing. I hadn't even affirmed my non-robot status.
>>
>>84641184
way when idiots like you and this>>84641164
>>
>>84641102
Anon I never have ever made a thread about Korra. Your stereotyping is eye rolling and your replies seem as though you pretend Korra has no real faults. Korra is rated lower than Atla, it has real problems.

If you are only going to take one thing away from my post take this:

Not everyone who talks negatively of Korra hates it. I liked that it expanded the Avatar universe, but it had big negatives. Stop stooping to tribalism please.
>>
>>84641119
I'm not pretending its perfect. I admit thst the show has a few problems. But it's far from a terrible show, and plenty of /co/ liked it when it was airing. There was also typically a thread for people who only wanted to hate the show, I remember that.
>>
>>84641172
He had no water because she beat the shit out of him. He lost when he got punched through the wall and on the ground in city hall. The fight was over. I have no problem with her losing a fight if that was the case. I have a problem with people like you pretending she's weak or shit at fighting because someone got the better of her with a secret technique no one can counter at all despite beating the shit out of that same guy moments earlier.

She did lose a lot during the show, no two-ways about it, but she didn't lose to Tarrlok, he basicly jumped her with a power he only used because he knew he had lost the fight.

Had he poisoned her at a later date would he also have won the fight then? Fuck no.
>>
>>84641263
Lots of /co/ liked it. But a lot of /co/ disliked it, each for a varying plethora of reasons. In the end a lot of these threads now that are posted about Korra hate are done because of board culture, the ability to then post Atla and LoK cheesecake, to reignite the past discussions of thousands of anons over the years, and to keep the memes flowing.

/co/ likes to be contrarian as well, keep a little taste of that in the back of your mind.
>>
File: 1464302073442.png (885KB, 1078x659px) Image search: [Google]
1464302073442.png
885KB, 1078x659px
>>84641226
ok tell me the big negatives
>>
>>84641271
Anon when did I say she is weak as shit? She's the fucking avatar. That being said there are major flaws in her character if we look at it from the story point, and not the meta. That's partly what LoK was about, her growing as a person and not being a retard.

Ultimately though the fight was not over because Tarrlok was still standing. If you are going to defend her use of all three elements and then proceed to defend her to take away his only source of bending, then my defense of Tarrlok using blood bending is also justified. This isn't a fight with rules anon. If it had just been water bending only and the game was set in stone, that'd be fine. There were no rules however and you can't pretend she won. She didn't because he unleashed his power level.

What if she was a more mature avatar? Why didn't she just use the avatar state? It's because she wasn't ready yet and wasn't spiritually unlocked at that moment. Thus, Tarrlok beats her because she forces him to reveal his power level, and thus he wins.

Again anon, why did she end up in the basement if she won? Fight wasn't over.
>>
File: Si_Wong_Desert.png (98KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Si_Wong_Desert.png
98KB, 333x250px
S1: My idea was that the Earth Bender Government would enter a fascist state, heavily monitoring its citizens. When the avatar appears the Gubbamint abducts him for "national security reasons," training and brainwashing him in a remote, elaborate, underground facility.
S2: Eventually someone discovers Uranium and they use him as a cyclotron.
S3: Rebels break into the base and free him, they all get killed except for the leader whom doesn't get along with the MC.
S4: He has to trek through the desert to find civilization and his new Team Avatar to overthrow the fascist state.
>>
>>84641436
Sorry then, but that is what the discussion started with so i assumed you where the same guy.

Tarrlok fell to the ground, Korra was standing above him and had won the fight. You can say what you want but she destroyed him forcing him to use a forbidden technique (further powered by bullshit) to even stand a chance against her. His use of bloodbending is nothing like ordinary bending, so that comparrison is hardly justified. And she couldn't have used AS since she didn't have it, and probably wouldn't have as she didn't need it to win.

She ended up in the basement because he ambushed her after his defeat with a power he shouldn't have not because he won a fight with her.

Either way saying the same things over and over is getting tiring so i'll probably not respond again.
>>
>>84641696
Anon it's not an ambush when the avatar is shooting fire in your face. He literally stopped her from roasting him alive. That's no ambush, that's defense. And if you think standing above someone signifies that you won the match 100% of the time, then you have a disproportionate outlook on fighting. Tarrlok won because she shot fire at his face with no water so he was forced to use blood bending.

To be clear, the fight was not over yet because Korra did not let the fight end. She initiated the fire, thus the fight is still continuing. Rewatch the episode anon, Korra continues the fight which then Tarrlok wins and traps her in his basement.

Good day.
>>
>>84641804
W
>>
>>84634230
>Zhao seal of approval
I kek'd mighily.
>>
>>84634619
I really like this design. Like, a lot.
>>
>>84642798
Yeah, Most people like the green jacket to fit with an 80's theme, but I'm a sucker for outfits that cover
>>
>>84640367

germany has probably been the only exception. millions of countries have led massive conquest campaigns and they haven't had to apologize for shit (see france, russia, turkey, spain) and from what i saw in korra, nobody is forcing fire benders to apologize
>>
>>84638611
Amon said Mako resisted his technique. And again, Korra couldn't even do that.
>>
>>84635205
I've been looking for that link for ages.

Fond memories of this project. Suffered from too many writers, though.
>>
>>84632391
Korra fucked the franchise so thoroughly they may not make another. And doing the steam-punk option already radically diminished the Avatar's importance. Going much further into the future and you've got modern times.

They pretty much need to do a prequel and that's maybe all they've got left. I'm not sure we'll see it. Again, Korra damaged the franchise pretty badly, figuratively and literally. Connection to previous Avatars anyone? NOPE!
>>
>>84639711
nigga if there are two portals and two spirits it's only fair for there to be a new spirit after the new portal is created.
>>
The Avatar is irrelevant since humans in Avatar will soon have nukes.
>>
>>84643556
It's pretty clear from the way Nick handled the fourth book that they don't really care for it anymore.
>>
>>84643703
Same could be said for Bryke desu
>>
Two conditions would need to mention in order for me to watch.

1. The creators of the show aren't involved

2. LOK is no longer cannon
>>
>>84637475
Not him but..

>Which had no consequence
1- when you assume it's only to 'talk to them' you ignore S01 and the fact that other avatars would rely on them
2- past lives is also fighting experience on the avatar state

>This never even came up
I would tell you to rewatch S02, but i won't resort to torture

>See above
Zaheer escaped because of her

>The only real failing she had had nothing to do with her character flaws
opening the portals caused every season, and that's associated with one of her character flaws: being retarded.
>>
y'know I was thinking about Korra, and all the fucking ups and downs.. and y'know what? for all its flaws, especially the very last scene, this was still a refreshingly republicanish cartoon.
>businessmen are good, even their questionable actions are clearly not malicious, and even depicted as ultimately helpful overall
>militant equality-seekers are badong, and they basically manipulate people into thinking they're oppressed so they can control them, and personify tall poppy syndrome
>the fucker accusing his own people of being backwards for being too traditional and religious ended up being a villain. Then it turned out he was a culty nutjob. then he was defeated by the spirits, and the spiritual world took back some of its proper place at the forefront of society
>isolationism and noninterference always result in warmongering villains gaining more ground in conquering the world, suyin was basically bill clinton. well-meaning and peace-loving but fucked everyone over by not stopping saddam while the stopping was good
>it's okay to drive something nearly extinct, nature will find a way to repopulate if you just briefly leave it alone. damage to the environment is easily solved.

I dunno how much of it was intentional, but it felt good watching it. In the end its primary crimes include
>several bad retcons
>crummy uninteresting too-modern setting (though it's nice seeing fantasy settings progress for once. except one of the retcons involves the unbroken low-tech fantasy setting go back for tens of thousands of fucking years)
>poorly handled romantic tangles
>bad pacing that wasn't totally their fault
>>
>>84645083
>several bad retcons
What?
>>
>>84645161
well the ones I remember are
>the origin of bending
>the nature and limitations of metalbending
>nearly everything about lightningbending
>>
>>84645204
>the origin of bending
Not a retcon

When?

How?
>>
>>84645396
Yeahhh I don't feel like talking to you any further would accomplish anything.
>>
>>84645421
Well then dont bring it up m8.
>>
No because they wrote themselves into a corner by advancing technology so much.
>>
>>84645396
I'll answer for him.

>the origin of bending
Bending was learnt by observing the bending animals vs gift from lion turtles.

Just look at Toph metalbending anything in A:tlA and compare it to the bending in Korra. It's not even close to being the same thing.

Supersecret and deadly technique known only to a select few royals. Very hard to master and requires a calmness and peace of mind that few can achieve. In Korra: dime a dozen technique mastered by whiny, pissed off orphans with no formal training and common enough that it's a requirement for a fairly low-paying job.
>>
>>84645500
talking to you specifically, I mean
>>84645737
that's not EXACTLY what I meant, but yeah basically
I was more talking about "bending metal because metal IS earth, people just don't understand that because it's been so refined and changed" vs "bending metal because it has earth in it, therefore not bending metal at all really, more like bloodbending, so heavily refined metals are immune"

lavabending was handled relatively well though. like lightning, it's supposed to be something that requires an entirely different way of thinking and moving, because of the different texture and electromagnetic nature of the substance.
>>
>>84645083
>Refreshingly Republican
You mean obnoxiously objectivist.
>>
>>84643941
>Zaheer escaped because of her
There is zero evidence that opening the portals caused the Airbenders. It could just have likely been HC by itself.
>>
>>84646077
I wouldn't go that far, but obviously anything right is going to have shades of objectivism, seeing as it's.. pretty close to right, while still thoroughly missing the point
>>
>>84641340
2 of the seasons are resolved by gigantic asspulls that have no connection to Korra or any of the characters as people.

Of the other two seasons, one ends in a cliffhanger and the other is a sloppy attempt at a character arc that fails because:
A.) The arc has nothing to do with Korra's initial character flaws. It all revolves aroumd a loss at the end of B3 that she can't be blamed for.
B.). The villain has zero thematic connection to Korra, as hard as Bryke tried to insist their was.

The other problems aren't as important, but another big one was the cast. Most of the characters had no reason for being there and just followed Korra around because they had nothing better to do. They had no motives or personal stakes in the main conflict.
>>
I don't like how keeping balance in the world was THE major factor in ATLA but then suddenly everything is black or white in Korra.

It felt... wrong.
>>
>>84646215
They did two seasons revolving around the lowly masses dragging down the talented elite in the name of equality, and one of the "heroes" was an Ayn Rand expy who acted as selfishly as possible at every turn.
>>
>>84646329
Not to mention:
>The division between elements and people is an illusion
>Naw JK they've been inherently separate since the dawn of time
The thematic retcons are a much bigger problem than the plain history retcons.
>>
>>84645737
>Bending was learnt by observing the bending animals

Correct. Nothing changed in Korra.

The Lion turtles gave people the gift of the elements. But they did not give them the skills to use those elements. People learned the techniques by studying the animals. We even see Wan training with a dragon, and afterwords those hunters run into him and say that he uses fire like an extension of his body, unlike they do.

It's a case of capacity vs mastery.

>Just look at Toph metalbending anything in A:tlA and compare it to the bending in Korra. It's not even close to being the same thing.
And? It's been 70 years since Toph discovered it. You don't think that maybe, just maybe, more was discovered about it and techniques were refined in that time?

>Supersecret and deadly technique known only to a select few royals.
Because of the old regime of the Fire Nation.

>requires a calmness and peace of mind that few can achieve.
Which is why Azula had no problem doing it even when she was unhinged and unstable?

>In Korra: dime a dozen technique mastered by whiny, pissed off orphans with no formal training and common enough that it's a requirement for a fairly low-paying job.
No, it's just more widespread because Zuko decided to let more people know about it. According to the art book it's still relatively rare.

Also, an argument could easily be made that Zuko taught firebenders how to bend fire like the Sun Warrior did, which doesn't rely on emotion.

>>84645854
>talking to you specifically, I mean
Well then that's kind of odd. Why say something but then when someone tries to talk to you about it you don't want to continue the discussion?
>>
>>84646331
yeah. so considering most TV does the opposite, it was pretty damn refreshing
I don't think we were supposed to praise korra's selfishness though. it got her in trouble constantly. or who were you talkin about?
>>
>>84646506
See this is why nobody wanted to talk to you. Your justifications and explanations don't nullify the gripe. It's insulting you don't think we're already aware of these rebuttals. That's not the point.
>>
File: image.png (87KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
87KB, 333x250px
>>84646618
I wasn't talking about Korra.
>>
>>84632391
I hope so just because that means that this dumb cunt finally took a dirt nap. Hopefully she dies in a fittingly ironic way that cements her status as the worst Avatar of all time.
>>
>>84634496
So did this get dropped or is anybody still working on it?

>>84635279
>Shen_riding_a_bear.png
>>
>>84646650
So basically you dont like facts or simple explanations, so you dont want to talk to people who don't echo what you say. Gotcha.

>>84646770
It got dropped. Sad, because we got relatively far.
>>
>>84646721
She was definitely not one of the heroes. She was the aforementioned bill clinton analogue who let everything go to pot because she didn't want to get involved in a quick clean battle that would have prevented a huge one later.
>>
>>84646814
It sure doesn't look very good to me.. I mean, flat-top? really?
>>
>>84646834
She was portrayed as 100% right and admirable. Characters who disagreed with her were either villains or later changed their minds and apologized.
>>
>>84646907
I don't think we watched the same show m8. they hammered it in pretty hard how badly at-fault she was.
>>
>>84646922
When?

The entire Lin arc was about Lin apologizing to her.

She argues against helping the EK because she'd be "imposing her will on them", and the person who does help is the villain. After she fails at trying to murder Kuvira in her sleep during a ceasefire, Korra fights on her behalf, and the last thing we see of her is her taking Kivira away and saying "You're going to pay for everything you've done!"
>>
Earthbender should have been capable of bending metal from the start because METAL IS EARTH. Heck living things are technically earth because the nonwater based part of our body came from earth elements at the bottom of the ocean 3.8 billion years ago.
>>
>>84647030
I think maybe you misunderstood
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 249x228px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 249x228px
I hope so but at the same time I seriously hope not.

Korra was...really bad and I hope they could redeem the Avatar franchise but at the same time it can be equally awful as Korra and it would just bastardize the series further.

But on the bright side it can't be worse than Korra...like IT JUST CAN't
>>
>>84647037
>this fucker denies the spirits bent us into existence out of spiritgoo
whatever monkeyfucker, only bones are earth. so yeah earthbenders should be able to move your bones around easily. but a lot of it is getting your movements and your attitude right. WHEN THEY REMEMBER, earth is about being connected, and everything has to be touching to vibrate properly. When they don't, they do silly things like earth just floating around like cotton candy
>>
>>84632391

As someone who actually liked Korra, christ I hope not.

It's obvious now that AtLA was something of a fluke.
>>
>>84646731
Did Korra murder your family, anon?
>>
Everything about Su Yin is bullshit, a fucking criminal pirate piece of garbage makes a successful nation what a load of shit, and someone with her no fucks given attitude shouldnt have had the attentionspan to make a country.
>>84647148
>monkeyfucker
The MONKEYS key word MONKEYS we came from are long gone anon they dont currently exist butt they did 55-31 million years ago.

Also retard you are earth all the matter in your body came from the ground billions of years ago ass.
>>
>>84632391
If Bryke ever needs the money.
>>
What about an avatar whose older sibling is ruler of a nation, who begins as an ally but over time shifts towards expansion?
>>
>>84647249
That's almost exactly Roku and Sozin.
>>
>>84632391
>set around 200 years after korra
>the technological age has come and gone, all that remains is a gloomy wastelandish apocalyptic landscape with hints of what once was
>the main character is a Sandbender, ~korra age
>his clan captures the young daughter of a rich nobleman. they become friends
>eventually MC reveals his secret - he's the avatar
>eventually after discussion and getting to know each other, MC realizes how guilty he feels about leaving the world to rot in its time of need, so he frees her and sets out to bring her to her father, chased by his clan the entire time
>blah blah, filler and travel, getting to know the characters
>eventually there's a big climactic standoff where the MC finally gets the girl back to her parents and they recognize him from the kidnapping
>in desperation, the MC reveals that he's the avatar
>the nobleman says that that's impossible because he's the avatar
>and there's been an epidemic of people just like MC claiming to be the avatar, ever since Avatar Korra died
>and every single one of them has gone insane and tried to take over the world
>AVATAR: GRAINS OF TRUTH
>>
File: 1466983006047.png (395KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1466983006047.png
395KB, 500x447px
>>84647743
>apocalyptic
>>
>>84639920
Reminder that Zuko staged a raid on a heavily guarded Firebender compound to rescue Aang and had to refrain from using bending the entire time because he was in disguise. Zuko is an exceptional athlete and fighter just as a human being, the fact that he's a bender is icing on the cake.
>>
Can someone repost the screenshot where an anon theorizes about how the series might've been improved by switching Aang and Korra, about how Korra's brashness would've made her more compelling in a wartime setting, and how Aan's pacifism would've made him a more interesting diplomat when dealing with terrorists like Unalaq and Zaheer?
>>
>>84647817
look man the plot is the important thing

it was just so that there was an excuse for sand benders to still be at all relevant in a world with guns and machines and shit having been made hundreds of years ago
>>
>>84647205
>Everything that comes from the ground is earth
okay sure
>>
>>84647817
I actually got intrigued by that. Sure it could be done terribly, but being overdone doesn't guarantee this one will suck
>>
File: AU part 1.jpg (3MB, 2760x2500px) Image search: [Google]
AU part 1.jpg
3MB, 2760x2500px
>>84648070
This?
>>
File: AU part 2.png (1MB, 2804x1740px) Image search: [Google]
AU part 2.png
1MB, 2804x1740px
>>84648719
>>
>>84648719
Aang is a Mary Sue Korra is a much better character.
>>
>>84632391
No, they fucked up with the technological push in Korra

the early 1900s stuff was cool but it pretty much guaranteed the next Avatar would be in the far future (considering Avatars live so long)

Then in season 4 they start busting out fucking microchips and shit.

The next avatar would probably be born on a space ship at the rate they're going
>>
>>84648831
Two sides of the same coin, i like them both for different reasons.
>>
>>84635205
God, that was a fun project. Really made the season 1 winter flash hiatus bearable.

amateurwritefag here.
>>
>>84648719
>>84648754
these two actually go into a lot more detail, I think the one I saw was just a summary one, thanks anon!
>>
>>84649017
Np, those threads were nice and comfy, too bad they never went to the end. Atleast as far as i know.
>>
>>84648963
>liking Aang
But hes so boring anon he has no personality at all.
>>
>>84634496
i'd like to catch up with you guys again. maybe try to salvage something or do something new.
mibbit.com
#sandstorm
>>
>>84649134
his personality is he's a liar, a shirker, and he likes katara
>>
>>84632914
Raava has no direct control over the Avatar, and what if they were so twisted they thought they were acting for the greater good?
>>
File: 1440507347010.jpg (446KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
1440507347010.jpg
446KB, 1280x1811px
>>84636351
In the first half Kuvira had the markings of a Grand Admiral, using diplomacy, politics and psychology to her benefit.
How she got Su Jin to shovel her own grave was fantastic.
But after that she took a pretty immediate turn for the worse, culminating in a pretty stupid finale where she put all her eggs in one basket so she could be easily defeated.
>>
>>84649587
oh fuck you reminded me of Raava
fuck that entire thing. that was the worst retcon of all.. though it did retroactively justify the title of avatar
>>
>>84633925
you could make this argument about every show that finds itself being written by people who have no business writing. the problem is that it's hard to separate the franchise from the people who control it and insist on having too much influence on the writing
>>
>>84633995
Not a horrible concept. Here's my twintar idea:
>Twins born
>both reveal to have avatar powers after a sufficient amount of time that reveals their personalities to be polar opposites
>the goodie-two-shoes actually has the Dark Avatar state
>the asshole troublemaker has the normal Avatar state
>each state allows different powersets
For example, Dark lets bloodbending and all that other OP shit, but the goodie-goodie refuses to use the powers and just relies on basic shit. The Light state, the jackass, is basically perpetually pissed because they want to destroy shit or rule or maybe be the next Hitler or something.

...I've honestly forgotten where I was going with my idea now. Shit.
>>
>>84650072
I don't really think it needed justifying. The Avatar felt like an avatar regardless of Raava/Vaatu existing.
>>
>>84650371
Isn't the dark avatar's power just water, but purple?
>>
>>84650383
you know what an avatar is? because nothing about it up til that point indicated it was a person being posessed by a god, or a physical incarnation of a god. it was clearly meant to be more of a lama, a reincarnated holy person with special spiritual understanding.
>>
>>84650664
Well, Vaatu was basically Raava's other half, so it'd stand to reason that a person imbued with the Dark Avatar would in a sense have the same powers as the Light one. I think...whatever the dude's name was just stuck with water because that's what he knew.

I don't remember much.
>>
>>84650670
I saw it as the Avatar of the universe/cosmos of the setting, which was shown in the Guru ready to embrace Aang before he runs off. Which is why it can bend all elements and bridge the spirit world and material world.
>>
>>84632391
Personally, I kinda want to see a mini series that focuses on avatar's of the past.
Like, what was Avatar Kyoshi like as a teenager and how she developed her fan fighting style. Stuff like that.
>>
>>84650793
Nah he couldn't use anything other than water. Raava/Vaatu don't grant bending naturally, the reason why Raavas avatar can do it is because Wan and Raava traveled the world and collected the elements a thing Vaatu never did. So whoever is Vaatus avatar should only be able to use their native element if they're a bender.
>>
>>84650793
The regular avatar has four elements because the original avatar went and asked four lion turtles for them. The magic tape worm merely gave him the capacity to handle that many elements. Unless the dark avatar can find some lion turtles to give him the other three elements he'll be left with just purple water.
>>
>>84650967
>tape worm
hey. flatworm. not remotely the same thing.
>>
>>84646114
People point out twice in the show it was her, and she even admited it in the rememberances episode. Most likely harmonic convergence wouldn't even happen without her opening the portals.
>>
>>84648719
>>84648754
Korra is an idiot, dies when the FN attacks, jobbing to some random firebender. The end.
>>
>>84632391
I think you'll have to stick to fanfiction, buddy. There's a couple decent ones floating around.
>>
>>84632391
Oh boy I sure hope not. LoK already ruined the universe beyond repair. I don't really want to watch a Korra-crippled Avatar heap even more unearned praise on asshole spirits and worship the show's thunderously bad concept of "balance."
>>
>>84650793
The way I figured it, Dark Avatar is just really good at their own element. So an Earthbender would be able to Sandbend, Metalbend, whatever. Waterbenders would bloodbend, "swamp"bend, icebend. Firebenders would get lightning and flying, airbenders would get actual flying, that sort of thing. and they'd be ridiculously strong.
>>
>>84652132

People say this every thread but I never see any links posted. Give me some recs, anon.
>>
>>84652740
The Shen project /co/ did and there's a few tumblrs out there with the same idea.
>>
>>84632391
It's post apocalyptic because Korra just unleashed civilization ending beings to rampage all over the planet, right?
>>
>>84646506
>Which is why Azula had no problem doing it even when she was unhinged and unstable?

Azula did it because she is a hard worker.
>>
>>84650670
The whole way the spirit world was handled was odd. Like, it started out as this amorphous thingy with odd concepts and then we learn it's literally just another world connected to ours. Felt like it should have stayed more abstract. Idk.
>>
>>84654333
yes, the spirit world and spirits generally were better off vague and amorphous. LoK added a bunch of useless baggage to them without adding anything of value
>>
>>84654788
I still don't understand how the show could fetishize the spirits so much while also portraying so many of them as dangerous autists. Korra and pals came off as battered housewives.
>>
File: Team Avatar as Gems colored.png (303KB, 1150x666px) Image search: [Google]
Team Avatar as Gems colored.png
303KB, 1150x666px
combining the 2 most obsessive /co/ fanbases into one
>>
>>84653809
>The Shen project /co/ did

I think he wanted something good. That ends up being /co/ shitting on Korra and making Shen solve everything and anything better, faster, stronger.

>>84648070
>a more interesting diplomat when dealing with terrorists like Unalaq and Zaheer?

They didn't want to negotiate or stand down. We didn't have Amon being tossed out of the council or being beaten in a peaceful protest and then doing Equalist stuff. Unalaq was straight up crazy. Zaheer was a hypocrite. And Kuvira had to become Hitler so we could fight the Nazi menace.
None of them would have spoken to Aang much like how Unalaq never relented, Zaheer did speak to Korra but dismissed her views, and Kuvira was already too far gone when Korra came back.
>>
>>84647817
Do you think there would be any other outcome from 100 years of Korra? Look at all the damage she's shown she's capable of in a year. She'll only get better at destruction as time goes on.
>>
>>84653809
>>84652740

I've only ever seen two worth reading, and one way more so than the other.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10932124/1/The-Legend-of-Jahn-Book-One-Recovery

This one's readable at the very least but a bit cliche and kind of predictable, a bit like a kid's cartoon. It's worth giving a shot though.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10953682/1/Avatar-Synergy

This one's way better written and planned out, and it avoids a lot of the traps Korra had like no lasting character development and shitty romances. It's big problems are almost no teambuilding and the middle of every chapter is really boring and filler-y. Another pro is it updates on a weekly basis like clockwork and it's nearly complete, two things that are god damn hard to find in fanfic.
>>
>>84655278
>Do you think there would be any other outcome from 100 years of Korra?

Bryke could just have her die relatively young. They made that bullshit about Aang dying at a not too old age compared to Wuxia stuff because he was frozen for 100 years. They'll end her life as early as they want to in order to tell another piss poor story.
>>
>>84655278
>>84655400
are you fucking stupid
>>
>>84651974
epic meme
>>
>>84652518
things /co/ thinks
>>
File: 1468379569093.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
1468379569093.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>>84645083
>It's okay to drive animals to the brink of extinction
>Nature will find a way to repopulate

Did you flunk out of highschool, or did you take something like anatomy instead of a real biological science

Because that statement is a fucking baldfaced lie
>>
File: 6829762586.png (96KB, 728x392px) Image search: [Google]
6829762586.png
96KB, 728x392px
>>84645083
>>84655832
>Republican
>It's okay to drive something nearly extinct, nature will find a way to repopulate if you just briefly leave it alone. damage to the environment is easily solved

Apparently Republican is synonymous for uneducated and uninformed
>>
>>84655626
You seem a little assblasted.
Season one.
> Didn't manage to nearly destroy the world but she did nearly allow the destabilization of a major city-state due to incompetence.
Season Two
>Unleashes ten thousand years of evil.
>Said evil being able to rampage at will went from a zero sum to a 50/50 coin flip
Didn't even beat it via her own power but via sheer luck at one of Aang's grandchildren having super omega spirit powers.
Unleashed highly malevolent and capricious beings that had previously driven mankind to near extinction and would have caused extinction if not for lion turtles safeguarding humans on their shells like little nature preserves.
Season three:
All problems caused by season two.
Season 4:
All problems caused by season three which was caused by season two.
Unleashed highly malevolent/capricious beings upon a major city.

The end of Korra has mankind being twenty different kinds of fucked and only one or two of them are the fun way.
>>
>>84656257
Don't provoke the tumblr, it's rude to bully autistic people.
>>
>>84639324
>She blocked his attack
She was pinned behind a wall then cut off his source of water, because as long as he had something to bend he was outright better than her.

>Bloodbending shows nothing of your control or skill at bending.
Amon is stated to be a prodigy that mastered psychic bloodbending and created his own technique to lock bending, it takes a ridiculous amount of skill.

>>84640091
>Don't even know what your point about earthbending is.
Korra resorted earthbending for the same reason Tarrlok resorted bloodbending, she was entirely outmatched.

>>84640526
>Earthbending is a style of fighting
No, earthbending is a 'power', the style is to make the most of it.

>>84640862
>Korra wasn't the one who got her body thrown through a wall
Korra had her body pinned to a wall and had to resort to stopping Tarrlok from bending at all, because she couldn't handle him when he was.

>completely at her opponent's mercy.
Because he couldn't bend water anymore. When Korra lost access to the elements she tried to commit suicide.

>>84640947
>She also shows us that she is good at fighting, against equalists
They overpower her.

>Even against Kuvira the second time around.
That was a draw and Kuvira isn't even that good of a bender.

>Maybe, maybe not, she knew he had Bloodbending
Which doesn't matter as she has no way of fighting it.

>That you can actually hone and there are vast differences in how good earthbenders are, unlike bloodbending.
You mean like how Amon invented an entirely new technique and could paralyze a room with an eye twitch without a full moon, unlike Katara?

>>84641106
>She wasn't "gaining ground" she had him on the ropes from the start
He now sold her firebending and pinned her ass behind a wall. As long as he could bend he was kicking her ass, that's why she had to cut him off from it.

>>84641271
>He had no water because she beat the shit out of him.
He had no water because of the environment and she could earthbend.
>>
>>84641696
>You can say what you want but she destroyed him forcing him to use a forbidden technique
The fuck does laws have to do in a fight?

>to even stand a chance against her.
And she needed a favorable environment and access to 3 elements to stand a chance against him.
>>
>>84657192
Anon, anon, anon. There were like, 5-6 of us all telling him why he was retarded. You don't need to beat a dead horse.
>>
>>84634496
I still love the set-up and main cast of this, but the plot was forced to compromise so much to everybody that it just retreaded ATLA step-for-step.
>>
>>84651847
They say it despite having no more knowledge about where they came from than the audience.

You can't claim that opening the portals caused the airbending, or that HC wouldn't happen with them closed. There is zero information suggesting either way.
>>
>>84655057
>That ends up being /co/ shitting on Korra and making Shen solve everything and anything better, faster, stronger.
That's not what happened, though. Part of the story was Shen having a grudge against the older, wiser Korra and getting over it to actually listen to her.
>>
>>84655322
I liked both of these. Thanks for the links.
>>
File: 21axocn.jpg (46KB, 1314x739px) Image search: [Google]
21axocn.jpg
46KB, 1314x739px
>>84656257
>>84656969
i love how you idiots think all spirits are bad and humans have more respect for them now so you are a fucking fool
>>
>>84655661
>meme
what part of it is not true?
>>
I kind of want a future series where some form of the Dark Avatar exists still. Like, it goes in the opposite bending direction, Earth, Water, Air, Fire, and so on. It makes it clear that each will be destined to play a part in the future of the other, for good, evil, or some mix inbetween.

It could be a sort of creeping villain presence, or it could be a reveal of one of the Avatar's friends. Imagine if, while our new guy's getting advice from Korra, (and other spiritual avatars somehow because fuck breaking the link) our quirky side character's got Unalaq in his head, and probably whatever unlucky Airbender was born around the time he died.
>>
>>84657666
The real doubt is "what is HC". All characters talk about it as happening only when the portals are open. If HC only happens with portals open, there is no question Korra caused it.
>>
>>84657989

Not all spirits are bad but there are more than enough bad ones capable of major destruction and as a culture they generally seemed to be haughty jackasses with no respect for human's personal space or property.
Then there's the fact that many of them are influenced by ambient emotions. Mankind has to keep itself from feeling any negative emotions whatsoever or else it triggers off spirits transforming into spooky things or violence and creating a vicious cycle. Humans being happy 100% of the time is not possible.
That is why the spirits are capricious.
They are time bombs that can go off and harm humans at any moment.

Spirits as a whole are enough to be a cause of human extinction and that is canon. They don't have to be monolithic good or evil to do that.
>>
>>84632391
Korra as a sereis progressed the world to far ahead with the technology that it ruins the mysticism that the first one created.

bending would become obsolete after the next avatar seeing how the world would inevitably lose touch with the magic and shit and the rise of non-benders leveling the playing field.
>>
>>84658293
thats some good head canon
>>
>>84658566
Headcanon smeadcanon. It's the plot of the Wan episodes.
>>
>>84658566
And that's a good rebuttal. You completely destroyed his argument and unbalanced his stance.
>>
>>84658422
>bending would become obsolete after the next avatar seeing how the world would inevitably lose touch with the magic and shit and the rise of non-benders leveling the playing field.

Three portals opened to the spirit world and non-benders aren't the only ones who can use tech. Fuckboi Bataar designed the weapon for Kuvira and she used metalbending to make its internal mechanism move.
Unless they start to ID tag technology to read non-bending signatures you still have things that benders can use.
>>
>>84658221
There's nothing suggesting that the portals being open is necessary for HC. They only bring it up when it's relevant (AKA when the portals are open, because that would allow Vaatu to escape).
>>
File: 1462597414888.jpg (6KB, 300x171px) Image search: [Google]
1462597414888.jpg
6KB, 300x171px
>>84658628
>>84658615
yea you and lots of korra haters hate it because of head canon
>>
>>84658566
It's actual canon. We are shown many, many reasons to not live with spirits and zero benefits for either side.
>>
>>84658422
A Kyoshi series would have been beautiful although it didn't seem like she was known for much other than silencing some corrupt king.
>>
>>84658778
Kyoshi makes Korra look like a GOAT Avatar in comparison.

She created secret police and let some tyrant conquer the entire Earth Kingdom, only getting involved when her personal spot full of sycophants lived. And even then, she only killed him by accident.

That would be like watching a show with Suyin as the protagonist. Unbearable.
>>
>>
>>84649347
Probably better to use Discord.
>>
>>84657724
Pretty sure it devolved into waifu-posting.
>>
>>84658778
She had a medal in her name for Freedom.

The Earth Avatar who didn't want to get involved in anything and when she did told others to do the job by exerting force on them, got a medal in her name for Freedom.

And not an Airbending Avatar.

That is some fuck.
>>
File: drunken master.jpg (16KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
drunken master.jpg
16KB, 400x226px
will we ever get a drunken master who uses alcohol to enflame the passions and make his firebending more potent? Or would the censors get pissed and say it's promoting alcoholism?
>>
>>84659166
Iroh technically did a variation like that with tea.
>>
>>84658735
Your posts read just like some kid in YouTube comments
>>
>>
>>84659166
>>84660597
Well, I know what I'm doing now.
>>
File: 1336635846568.png (249KB, 442x348px) Image search: [Google]
1336635846568.png
249KB, 442x348px
>>
>>84657555
Despite how much /co/ likes to blast writing to the smallest shit, nobody here can write for shit.
>>
>>84663736
I can. But I don't criticize things, so I guess it evens out.
>>
>>84632421
Fucking second post in the thread.
Jesus Christ those threads are so unoriginal.
>>
>>84663742
Then write something, anon. I believe in you.
>>
File: 1410777597921.jpg (62KB, 365x720px) Image search: [Google]
1410777597921.jpg
62KB, 365x720px
>>84633149
>drawing favorable comparisons with the HBO series Game of Thrones and the work of Hayao Miyazaki
is this post bait?

whut!?
>>
>>84632391
nope, korra killed the series
>>
>>84633995
Wow epic post! You should continue it here
>>/reddit/
>>
>>84633149
>Compares it to GoT (which was near perfect at the time of Korra, and is still pretty good) and Miyazaki

I'm actually mad
>>
>>84663736
You don't need to be able to write to criticize. It's easier to recognize faults than to come up with good stuff.
>>
>>84633865
This nigga just dissed ghost trick.
>>
File: 1419177869109.jpg (408KB, 1000x508px) Image search: [Google]
1419177869109.jpg
408KB, 1000x508px
>>84632391
>set before Avatar Kyoshi
>Main villain is a waterbending pirate warlord
>Avatar Pirate adventures
>>
God, I wish I could see the Equalist arc done right. It's so stupid that the entire movement fell apart when the leader was shown to actually be a bender, he was bringing up some excellent points. In a world where benders can move mountains and summon lightning from their fingertips, what can a non-bender possibly do to compete?
>>
>>84633397
Wan is the one fun thing that came out of korra (pun intended) even if the raava/vaatu shit was bad, it shows how shit was before the avatar
>>
>>84633531
just make it like Warframe. Tennos=benders. Done.
>>
File: 1426215650462.png (390KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1426215650462.png
390KB, 600x800px
> 3rd Avatar's entire series will be cleaning up the mess Korra left
>>
>>84668524
Sure, you could make it work, but the Avatar would be little more than a curiosity in such a world.
>>
The Pokemon anime has more depth and is more enjoyable than Korra. There, I said it.
>>
>>84632421
At this rate, we will post-apocalypse avatar.
>The Spirit Wilds have spread all around the world, turning every major city into RC downtown
>Only a few places are left untouched, sheltering the sad remnants of the human race
>There is no hope, only survival
>>
File: 1396214585084.png (920KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1396214585084.png
920KB, 680x383px
>>84664040
>>
File: 1462486947180.jpg (190KB, 680x592px) Image search: [Google]
1462486947180.jpg
190KB, 680x592px
>>84661063
>>
File: no.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>84668805
this sounds retarded
>>
>>84632406
>deal with the guilt of what the Fire Nation did in the first series.
Give him a german accent and I am on board.
>>
>>84668708
You seem to be under the impression that this would be a controversial statement.
>>
>>84640098
>Which were caused by the network.
nah the plot was a clusterfuck and everyone lose interest
>>
>it's the distant future, 500 years after the events of TLA
>the world has been overrun by spirits, since the events of LoK, and humanity is nearly extinct, the only remnants living on the last Lion Turtle still alive
>the current Avatar is a middle-aged man, a Firebender, with a plan
>he's traced the source of the problem to Korra, and the events she took part in
>if Korra had never been the Avatar, the world would have turned out very differently
>Sozin's comet is high in the sky, increasing the Avatar's powers to immeasurable heights
>he uses this power to burn a hole in the fragile fabric of reality itself, and go back in time
>to kill Aang before Korra can be born
>Avatar: Time to Burn
>>
File: 1464613627671.gif (2MB, 209x213px) Image search: [Google]
1464613627671.gif
2MB, 209x213px
>>84674361
you korra haters are so fucking stupid
>>
>>84674427
I don't hate Korra. Seeing the unintended consequences of otherwise pure and reasonable actions is a very nifty thing that I love in storytelling.
Thread posts: 417
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.