[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: WildStorm_logo.png (9KB, 250x52px) Image search: [Google]
WildStorm_logo.png
9KB, 250x52px
What went wrong?
>>
Got lost in the New52 except for Midnighter.

Though even before the New52, Wildstorm was on its death bed.
>>
Nobody wants to read about literally whos.
Surprise.
>>
>>84613631
Jim Lee sold the company to DC comics who promptly mothballed it
>>
>>84613809
It wasn't that prompt, first they turned it into a place for their creator owned superhero shit then mothballed it.
>>
File: 1457963149702.gif (448KB, 500x808px) Image search: [Google]
1457963149702.gif
448KB, 500x808px
They crossed Garth Ennis.
>>
World's end is what went wrong.
>>
>>84613631
It only had like 5 good books ever
>>
Lee giving up the rights to DC, I'm still kind of mad that America's Best Comics is no longer around and that Moore is pissing away his talent by being an anti-establishment shaman
>>
>>84613631
Captain Atom Armageddon and World's End.

I still want a Wildstorm universe, even if it's just a proper Authority and WildCATS. Gen13's ship has sailed, and nobody other than Ellis could do a decent Planetary mini.
>>
Marvel
>>
>>84613631
There's like several.

Arguably Jim Lee selling out to DC is the biggest one.
Second part is Paul Levitz interfering with it too much (though understandable). He shouldn't have tried to pulp one of the issues over a Victorian ad or put the kibosh on one of the Cobweb stories Moore planned. Yes, maybe Moore would've gotten pissed off at something else and left, but these were easily avoidable things. Authority getting censored probably was what made Quesada's Marvel deal more tempting to Millar.
Quitely leaving Authority after the first issue of his last arc is another.
9/11 is also another one (since it ended up affecting Authority in several different ways).
>>
>>84615371
>Lee giving up the rights to DC
Wildstorm only ever got good because of then-DC writers.

Casey & Phillips on Wildcats.
Casey & Nguyen on Wildcats.
Ellis allowed to do Authority.
Millar & Quitely on Authority.
Ellis & Cassaday Planetary.
Brubaker & Phillips on Sleeper.
AUTOMATIC KAFKA.
Azzarello on Deathblow.
Absolute format in general.
Vaughan's Ex Machina.
Kelly's Steampunk.
>>
old jimbo was too good of a business man
>>
File: mah jew.jpg (84KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
mah jew.jpg
84KB, 852x480px
>>84616565
>>
>>84616565
Authority and Planetary were already on the docket when Wildstorm got sold. Ellis was more of a Wildstorm writer at that point than he was a DC writer. The only book he was doing for them was Transmet.

DC started mismanaging Wildstorm immediately after they bought it and the only reason it had any good stuff at all after the sale because of the momentum and rep they gained from Ellis and Moore's stuff, all of which would have been at Image, and the Cliffhanger books.
>>
>Wildstorm
The kids of today should defend themselves against the nineties.
>>
>>84616565
>Ellis allowed to do Authority.
>Ellis & Cassaday Planetary.

Ellis was doing Stormwatch long before DC bought out Wildstorm. He would've eventually wrote Authority and Planetary anyway.

>Absolute format in general.
Scott Dunbier came up with the format and he worked at Wildstorm before it got bought out. I don't know for sure it would've been implemented at Wildstorm, but I wouldn't be surprised.

The rest I don't know for sure if they would've gone over to DC, though.
>>
>>84616866
The kids of tomorrow should defend themselves against the tens
>>
>>84616866
Go to bed Linkara
>>
Grant Morrison
>>
File: Annual 026-001.jpg (5KB, 213x72px) Image search: [Google]
Annual 026-001.jpg
5KB, 213x72px
They evolved.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.