[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is Gravity Falls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (73KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 600x600px
Wife has been trying to get me to watch it. What am in for?
>>
>>84601696
Twin Peaks for children. It's pretty good.
>>
Fuck off faggot, race war now.
This show is good at the beginning, like a mor einteresting scooby doo. But then it becomes literally like scooby doo, only without the good character (ie Mabel literally exists just to screw Dipper over, or Wendy simply to be Dippers love interest) and it gets stale.
>>
Twin peaks ish
You can get the references and still see how its disney policy appropriate
Also pedo bait
>>
>>84601696
We're two episodes in and she says it shifts between like "lore" episodes and "monster of the week" similar to x-files?
>>
It starts great but it goes to shit after the second half of season 2.
Alex is a hack.
Don't bother.
>>
>>84601696
Mysteries and codes and great animation.
A pretty darn good first season and a pretty okay I guess second season, though there are some gems in there.
Second season also has the training wheels loosened, so there's a few more "how did that get past the censors?" moments.
At least watch the first episode, it's pretty much perfect.
>>
>>84601696
Don't listen to these people, OP, it's more like Eerie, Indiana than anything.
>>
>>84601696
Pretty good show, season 2 starts stronger than season 1 but goes to shit in the second half, so don't go in with high expectations an you'll enjoy it. I recommend watching it with her son.
>>
>>84601696
watch it and enjoy it. Be wary there is a significant difference between season 1 and 2. Just watch it spoiler free.
>>
>>84601696

-Diper its too smart for a 10-years-old kid
-The Summer break is too long
-Parents are non-existent when we know that Pines twins dont have other siblings.
>>
>>84601723

Nobody remember twin peaks anymore, except some clips about the dancing little man.
>>
>>84602328
You very much should commit suicide, i am certain.
>>
>>84601723
>amazing mysterious first season
>second season that is full of promise but drops the ball

wow I didn't realize how true it was

Even at its worst (latter half of season 2) its one of the best cartoons to be on TV in a long time. Hell, I'd say the fact that the latter half of season 2 seemed "bad" was simply because everything leading up to it was so fucking great, in any other show it would still probably have been received warmly.

>>84602328
If anything, Twin Peaks has had a recent resurgence in popularity.
>>
>>84601696
JUST-tier if you expect something big out of the lore. Pretty good otherwise.
>>
File: unf.jpg (115KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
unf.jpg
115KB, 720x480px
ben/gwen tier incest bait

seriously, their relationship is so tight knit by the end, it's hard to see them growing up to be anything unlike the pinecest comics
>>
What annoys me with shows like Gravity Falls is they don't seem like they understand why older shows had protagonists act like selfish sociopaths. In things like Billy and Mandy and certain Adult Swim stuff, it was because that was the over-lying humor. In stuff like Futurama and Family Guy, it was that and so you didn't give a shit about the characters and can laugh at their pain and displays of how pathetic they are. In Gravity Falls they have the characters do fucked up shit and then you're supposed to care about, relate to them and always take anything they have to say about behavior seriously.
>>
File: 1431896590090.png (520KB, 2038x4236px) Image search: [Google]
1431896590090.png
520KB, 2038x4236px
>Gravity Falls season 1
>beautifully animated, world and lore building every episode, funny jokes that are mostly apolitical
>Gravity Falls season 2
>CGI shit everywhere, status quo everywhere, all the characters sit around a couch in the living room of the Mystery Shack unmoving and telling left winger jokes like Family Guy characters

what the FUCK happened?
>>
>>84602291
He's 12.
>>
>>84605569
I think you watched rick and morty instead
>>
File: d80.jpg (103KB, 400x768px) Image search: [Google]
d80.jpg
103KB, 400x768px
>>84605569
>>
File: grunkle stan.gif (476KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
grunkle stan.gif
476KB, 500x281px
Honestly? People here tend to shit on it for little to no reason, but this is 4chan we're talking about. The only legitimate complaint i've seen here it's that the last 5 episodes or so felt rushed, but even then it managed to wrap up nicely and wasn't the total trainwreck people make it to be.

I started watching last week, finished it yesterday and it's pretty good. Manages to be extremely funny even for adults (trust me, it's fucking hilarious). Bill and Stan are great characters. The setting is pretty comfy. The mystery element is nothing too twisty or mindblowing, but definitely keeps you engaged.

It's one of the better shows, no doubt. You should watch it.
>>
>>84601696
Don't listen to 4chan. If you look around elsewhere you'll see it's well regarded. It's good. Cute.
>>
>>84606845
>WAAAAAHHHHH!!! Why is /co/'s opinions on things more mixed than the other sites' boards that suck everythings' cocks?!!

People still talk about the show months after it ended. That should tell people enough.
>>
>>84607333
>4chan is not a hugbox
Hola Reddit!
>>
>>84605569
Season one was one of the best cartoons I've ever seen to date.
>>
A show that has a strong start, proceeds to shoot itself in the kneecaps and drags it's sad, limp body across the finish.
>>
File: 1456720943088.jpg (763KB, 1280x998px) Image search: [Google]
1456720943088.jpg
763KB, 1280x998px
it's good for the first like 3/5, Not What He Seems is basically the climax

I was let down by the final few episodes like everyone else, but that doesn't mean the other parts weren't good

also what ever came of the alleged Bill statue out in the woods?
>>
>>84607353
>I'll act like they're saying the opposite of what they are! I'm so clever!

I don't know why this retarded trend started, but I'm sure people are tired of it.
>>
File: 1450914305795.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450914305795.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>84601696
A terrible lifetime.
>>
Anyone else think the second ep was shit?
>>
>>84601696
Good mysteries and god-tier jokes. Don't listen to the other memers, they're just saying that to be contrarian.
>>
>>84601696
a little bit of 'back when the simpsons was good'
little bit of homestar, little bit of muppets
some cute nostalgic feels, some kooky characters
and i guess there was a story too but whatever
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.