[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yuu Zhan Vong fucking when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 19

File: ThRAWNKUS.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ThRAWNKUS.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
Yuu Zhan Vong fucking when?
>>
>visible pupils

STOP RUINING MY STAR WARS DISNEY, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>84591827

JUST NO. Leave that shit in the trash. Ruined so many characters with that series.
>>
>>84591827
>Yuuzhan Vong when?
>>
>>84591827
>Yuu Zhan Vong fucking when?

Right after they drop a moon on Chewbacca.
>>
So what's going on here? Did Disney basically say the EU stuff wasn't cannon only to turn around and release versions of EU stuff themselves? to
>>
File: 1467817254364.png (686KB, 607x625px) Image search: [Google]
1467817254364.png
686KB, 607x625px
>>84593077
>Obviously it will play out the same way in nu-Canon guys.
>>
>>84591827
Personally I've always disliked threats from outside the galaxy in settings that take place within a single one. Particularly when that threat is a race of something. It's often a completely impersonal conflict so the heroes have something to kill en masse or used as a shitty justification made after the fact for a pants on head retarded villain to suddenly have a reason to be pants on head retarded.

I like Thrawn as a cunning leader so I'm glad he's back but I've never been a fan of the stuff that surrounded him and I kinda hope it gets left out for the most part so I can have my cake and eat it too.
>>
Why do people hate the Yuu Zhan Vong? I thought they were alright. Fuckers validated Palpatine, that's for damn sure.
>>
Also just to put it out there but they've already been contemplating putting the Vong in they just never pulled the trigger.
>>
>>84594094
>Fuckers validated Palpatine, that's for damn sure.

That's exactly why I hated them. Why the fuck did Palpatine need any validation beyond "I'm a power hungry dark sorcerer/galactic tyrant and people's fear gives me a force boner"?
>>
>>84594378

HE GOT RESULTS, DAMN IT.
>>
>>84594378

I didn't think the Vong diminished Palpatine, if anything they made him smarter. Palpatine as a competent politician doesn't want all life in the galaxy (including his) to be enslaved and extinguished by the Vong so he's going to prepare for them but as a Sith, he also hates and despises the Jedi with an all-consuming white hot fury. So he devises a plan where he can ready the galaxy for war AND he gets to wipe out his rivals. The Vong threat makes Palpatine look more like a "big picture" guy.

Why do people hate the Vong so much? They seem like a really cool idea with their biotech and their species-wide Force deadness.
>>
>>84591827
Never ever. While it sucks TCW ended a season early, it ending before the Vong got re-canonized was the only good thing about TCW being cancelled.

>>84594094
Because Palpatine just wanting power is good enough motivation. Trying to humanize him and make him even somewhat sympathetic is the reason you get stupid shit like the plan in the live action Star Wars show to show how Palpatine turned evil - which was essentially because a female gangster bullies him and presumably cockteases him.
>>
>>84594640
Also source, for those of you that haven't seen it yet: http://venturebeat.com/2016/06/15/that-cancelled-star-wars-live-action-show-inspired-the-new-god-of-war/
>>
>>84594599
Conquering the entire Galaxy and genociding your Order's ancient rivals in one fell swoop through sheer political maneuvering is already an awesome accomplishment and the picture couldn't have gotten much bigger. That is unless some ass hat decided to throw in a pointless enemy in an attempt to make people sympathize with the blatant antagonisms of an evil space wizard.

Biotech is gay and the Force deadness was never anything more then a cop out to explain why the Jedi didn't sense them coming.
>>
>>84593899

>They'll be good this time, we promise!
>>
File: 1468690775119.jpg (113KB, 1280x533px) Image search: [Google]
1468690775119.jpg
113KB, 1280x533px
>>84594673
>http://venturebeat.com/2016/06/15/that-cancelled-star-wars-live-action-show-inspired-the-new-god-of-war/
>“Probably the really small beginnings of this idea, the germination of this — when I was working at Lucas, I was allowed to go up to the ranch and read the scripts for the [canceled live-action Star Wars] TV show,” Barlog told GamesBeat. “It was the most mind-blowing thing I’d ever experienced. I cared about the Emperor. They made the Emperor a sympathetic figure who was wronged by this fucking heartless woman. She’s this hardcore gangster, and she just totally destroyed him as a person. I almost cried while reading this. This is the Emperor, the lightning out of the fingers Emperor. That’s something magical. The writers who worked on that, guys from The Shield and 24, these were excellent writers.
>>
>>84594094
>Fuckers validated Palpatine

Lel do SW fans not even understand what SW is on a basic level. It's a space opera, why the fuck would the evil dark wizard getting validation be a good idea? Are you desperately awaiting the LotR prequel about Sauron's tragic backstory that justifies destroying all of Middle Earth too?
>>
>>84593886
yeah, and honestly it would be dumb of them not too. they have a whole universe thats not being used, full of characters people love. what better way to get those bitter fans back into the fold then by reintroducing the characters that were shelved? id like to see corran horn added eventually somehow
>>
>>84591827
wait a fucking second, IS THAT THRAWN!?
now, we wait for Kyle Katarn returning to canon
>>
>>84594599
>Why do people hate the Vong so much?

Because it made Palpatine the good guy. The guy who blows up entire planets because they disagree with him. Hes literally space Hitler and they made him the good guy. Remember how heroic all the main characters were in the original trilogy? Well now they're just terrorists who's dumb actions potentially ended all life in the Galaxy.

The Vong were a dumb threat that turned everything about Starwars on its head.

Also Force deadness is stupid. You can use the force to detect the movement of non-living entities and inanimate objects, but not them for some reason. If anything it would make them even easier to detect with the force but nooooooo.
>>
>>84591827
>Yuu Zhan Vong
Worst of the worst
>>
>>84595082
>>84594789

The Vong can't be immune to the Force, but fucking Toydarians can and that's fine?
>>
>>84595230
Troydarians aren't immune, they're just smart and resistant. Similar to a Hutt. But if someone shot force lightning at them they'll still get shocked.
>>
>>84595230
>The Vong can't be immune to the Force, but fucking Toydarians can and that's fine?

They're not immune to the Force, they're just immune/heavily-resistant to Jedi Mind Tricks because of their unique brain chemistry. The Vong are straight-up immune.

Both the Vong and the Chiss Ascendancy are from the Unknown Regions of space, correct?

I feel like the Vong are an interesting idea int eh sense that they come from an unknown place with a radically different worldview. It makes the galaxy feel huge because it asks the questions "what else is out there" and it avoids the questions of how didn't the Jedi sense a great evil emerging in some other corner of the Republic, because how many times can you have a light vs dark fight before it gets stale?

I like what Disney is doing so far with Star Wars, but I think it says something that all they've been doing so far is "filling in the gaps" so to speak with canon and not creating brand new stuff, imo. And I include Rogue One and the Han Solo movie in that observation. I know this is a tired meme, but Episode 7 was at least on the surface a reboot of the franchise and borrowed heavily from Episode 4. You've got the First Order (Empire) and the ragtag Resistance (Rebels) and a decimated Jedi Order with a single Jedi Master still living and a Skywalker coming from a desert planet. Where's the new shit?
>>
>>84595559
No, the Vong are flat out from another galaxy.
>>
>>84595559
>where's the new shit?
Dead with Lucas.
You niggers made your bed, now lie in it.
http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas
>>
Does he have Ysalamirs?
>>
>>84595622
kinda
>>
>>84593086

Oh god, what cartoon is this?
>>
>>84595830
Filonius said no.
>>
>>84595909
Studio Ghibli's The Cat Returns
>>
>>84596818
>The Cat Returns

Thanks Anon, you've done a good turn today.
>>
How did the yuuzhan vong beat an entire galaxy with one species? They seemed to reproduce normal, just how many of them were there?
>>
>>84591827
Yawn, when are gonna get Revan back?
>>
File: sheev.jpg (180KB, 1529x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
180KB, 1529x1200px
>There are people who think Sheev wasn't the good guy

Why is 4chan full of so much Rebel scum?
>>
>>84593899
Okay, so you agree it was shit. Why do you want them around, again?
>>
>>84594093
>I like Thrawn as a cunning leader

He wasn't cunning, though. Literally all his schemes fail right from the start
>>
>>84594868
Sauron's backstory was that he was an evil dark wizard and then feminazis rekt him, so he decided to fuck shit up a different way.

It's like you didn't even understand a movie for babbies.
>>
>>84595009
where are they going to find a jewish grandmother to voice kyle katarn
>>
>>84597216

Ezra IS Revan
>>
>>84598314
>How does time work?
>>
God damn it nigga

The whole point of Thrawn was to be a loyal, motivated, Creed level tactical genius who returns from the boondocks long after the Empire has been reduced to a shadow of its former self and lead a righteous asskicking

Having him appear in (and eventually get clowned on) a show like Rebels when the Empire is still more or less at its Zenith, is missing the fuckdamn point
>>
>>84598533
You're an idiot
>>
>>84598564
*your
>>
File: 13-4_-_Boba_Fett_3.png (384KB, 520x359px) Image search: [Google]
13-4_-_Boba_Fett_3.png
384KB, 520x359px
>>84591827
Hopefully never, Vong were fucking garbage and worse than anything else in any Star Wars continuity.

That's including the Christmas special and the game books where child Anakin saves literal angel aliens and Jar Jar saves not-Christmas.

Shadows Of The Empire when?
>>
>>84598594
Thank you for proving my point, idiot
>>
>>84598385
Oh, we'll get another Force Gods arc. Ezra is reincarnated Revan. Somehow, Ezra passes knowledge of how to build the crossguard lightsaber to Kylo now that they confirmed it was an invention of Revan's.
>>
>>84598564
Aight

Soooo, how DOES Thrawn make a fitting villain for this era?
>>
>>84598533
>tactical genius

He sends assassins who worship Darth Vader after Darth Vader's daughter, even after they fail him literally like six times in a row. Not to mention his endless losses in battle and his inability to capture Talon Kardde, even after finding him like 12 times over the course of the trilogy
>>
>>84598660
Well, I'm going to wait for the novel, written by Thrawn's creator, to come out and find out
>>
>>84598738
Oh shit, Zahn is back?
>>
File: image-64.jpg (140KB, 744x1126px) Image search: [Google]
image-64.jpg
140KB, 744x1126px
>>84598765
Yep. Not so ready to shoot it down now are you?
>>
>>84598604
maybe downgrade them to just be a strange biotech using race from beyond the far rim that perceives the force differently, instead of S&M fetish mary sues that are magically immune to all Jedi abilities and light sabers?
>>
>>84598765
>>84598822
http://www.starwars.com/news/qa-with-timothy-zahn
>>
>>84598822
I stand by what I said, Thrawn was supposed to be an injection of old imperial power after years of the New Republic dealing with fractured up warlords

Was he perfect? Obviously not, or else it would have ended the heroes and their stories right there, but I think how he operated, thought, and inspired niggas like Pellaeon around him, is suited best for a time when the memory of the empire has degraded but isn't dead, and when Thrawn is ultimately undone, Pellaeon is able to continue his work in respects with the Remnant, which reaches further and further into the consequences of the future which is what bothers me. We know how things are going to be by Luke's time. Thrawn is shackled to the limits of the original movies, fated to fail, and all of his struggles and the threat he poses to the protagonists will only be as large as they can be next to the enormity of the rest of the Empire

But hell yeah I'll read a Thrawn book, shieeeet
>>
>>84599057
He can still impose old ways, that interview talks about how the novel will go from him meeting the Empire to Rebels season 3, spanning the timeline
>>
>>84594868
>this faggots never read The Silmarillion
>>
>>84599057
The Thrawn you're thinking about doesn't exist. What we have confirmed is Thrawn as a Grand Admiral of Empire and then whatever comes out with his book. The Empire will fall and some rebels will definitely survive but that doesn't prevent Thrawn from being a master tactician who knows how to put down rebels. Vader didn't get clowned on, Tarkin didn't get clowned on, but the Rebels still managed to escape their efforts at great personal loss. Why would Thrawn be any different?
>>
Will Luuuuke Skywalker make an appearance?
>>
>>84599106
And then he'll get stabbed by Sabine with the Darksaber in the season finale and get an artistically done death in the form of black and white contrast.
>>
>>84599398
I'm not gonna deny that I'm salty about the EU getting scapped and then having Didney arbitrarily pick and choose pieces to bring back

But I'm not gonna say it's the worst thing in the world either, and I didn't intend to put that message across, and I'll hope that you're right and they'll treat homeboy with respect
>>
>>84599437

Fuuck Youu
>>
>>84599501

Fuuuck meeee? You're talking like a cloooneee
>>
>>84599453
I'm really not liking the sound of that

But I feel like it's gonna happen anyway
>>
File: image.png (184KB, 342x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
184KB, 342x343px
>>84591827
>wants the Vong canon
>likely wonders why people treat him like a faggot online
What about 2strong4u S&M edge lords with convenient powers and equipment, and concurrent side plots that included Chewbacca getting a moon dropped on him, The emperors secret son getting augmented and stabbed in the head training leading to him bringing a corellian legend to life while wearing lightsaber elbow pads, and so so much more...what about /that/ is appealing? It's a mess of competing ideas in a perpetual dick-measuring contest to see who can write the biggest shock-story and stick out the most in the Star Wars timeline of content, only interrupted by the public tapping out in terms of interest, and then only all getting back in when fresh ideas crashed in, once The Story Group started getting writers for the new canon.
This is the blessing we'd wanted, a fresh organized start, a chance to do things right, with oversight and some basic level of QA so we don't get shit like Mara Jade being killed by Traviss very shittily, without her even telling Zahn she was doing it. Yeah that fucking happened, the bitch.
This is a chance for the gems of the EU to come back without being attached to shit like Trioculous, Lord Nyax, the Vong, and the fucking bioware mmo setting that was once long ago: the Kotor era. Embrace it anon, the best will be reborn and the dregs will stay buried in the past. If it weren't for fucking Chuck "The Cuck" Wendig, the new canon would be totally great. Even with that frilly man-boy fanfic-writer-turned-published-author, it's still pretty good.
Let go, anon(s). Don't be like the Wookiepedia, who refused to make canon articles until only a year ago.
>>
>>84597304
God I love Palpatine so much. He was the only one that made the prequels entertaining.
>>
>>84599821
>Telling us to ignore the old canon

>posts one of Traviss' commandos

I thought she was haram around these parts
>>
File: img_281956_1.jpg (203KB, 688x1000px) Image search: [Google]
img_281956_1.jpg
203KB, 688x1000px
>>84591827

i miss the time when jews use star wars as a whining shit pot to justify massacres. now its just hipster shit circle.
>>
File: 1413414608_liveleau.jpg (49KB, 362x640px) Image search: [Google]
1413414608_liveleau.jpg
49KB, 362x640px
>>84599894
>He was the only one

let me quess. your mom gave you drugs and blowjobs before you went 10.
>>
>>84593886
Nope.

Lucasfilm made the old EU noncanon and are using it as a resource to draw from. They've said they will never recanonize entire books, comics, etc. but they will occasionally use characters, ships concepts, and the like.

>>84595230
Theyre not immune. Watto is just resistant to it because he has a strong mind. But strong minds can be broken.

>>84595830
No, they're not gonna be returning to canon. The lizards behind him are just homages.

>>84591827
Filoni was intending to bring a version of them into TCW and play it off like an X-Files type thing. Maybe that could one day happen
>>
>>84599932
They weren't created by Traviss. They had some side-stories made by her, but I never read 'em.
>>
ITT, butthurt nerds still upset that the shitty old EU is gone
>>
>>84594094
Because they're completely incongruous with the setting and it's themes. They're like a lazy pastiche of WH40k concepts, which are lazy pastiches themselves.
>>
>>84602480
I'd be less butthurt about it if the new EU wasn't even worse.
>>
>>84595230
They say right in the old trilogy that the mind trick only works on weak minded individuals.
>>
>>84602651
But it's not. They're just reviving what worked in the old one is all.

Speaking of, Kyle Katarn when
>>
>>84602713
the prequels made force resistance canon
>>
>>84595082
>Because it made Palpatine the good guy.
no it didn't
>>
>people celebrating when this stuff wasn't canon anymore
>now they will accept it because Disney is the one putting it back

why are people such hypocrites
>>
File: 1396559366946.gif (1MB, 301x169px) Image search: [Google]
1396559366946.gif
1MB, 301x169px
>>84591827
>>
>>84602932
What if I never had a problem with the vong in the first place?
>>
>>84602788
When?
>>
>>84602982
The guy who owned anakin mentioned it.
>>
>>84594378
It just meant that he had an army and a weapon capable of fighting an enemy he knew existed outside the galaxy. It doesn't mean he was "a good guy"; trying not to get conquered is a pretty neutral stance for a politician to take.

It's like saying that the USSR was "validated" by building their own nuclear arms. I mean, sure, it gave them a reason beyond "hey man just like fuck it or whatever" but it doesn't make them good or a martyr or whatever bullshit people spout about Palpatine.

Sith love power. Sith love to keep power. A force that threatens that power is bad for Sith, so they try to deal with it.
>>
>>84594868
>Are you desperately awaiting the LotR prequel about Sauron's tragic backstory that justifies destroying all of Middle Earth too?
It's called The Silmarillion and it doesn't give Sauron a tragic backstory but it does explain more about him than UNLIMITED POWERRRRRRRRR
>>
>>84597216
Never. Revan is gone. The Exile is gone. We'll never get a Star Wars game as well written as KOTOR2.

http://lparchive.org/Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-II/
>>
>>84603004
Hes not force resistant, he only is naturally resistant to mind tricks. Not immune/resistant to The Force.
>>
>>84602651
>muh official fanfic of sheev's 17th death star
>>
>>84599821
>tfw Republic Commando isn't canon
>tfw Rebublic Commando will never get a good sequel
>>
>>84603130
What do the jedi use to power their mind tricks?
>>
>>84602788
Arguably KOTOR2 did that moreso. The whole premise was that the existence of The Force denied people their freedom to choose their destiny (and that there were people running around with bullshit magic powers) and so the villain's goal was to eliminate The Force from the Galaxy entirely.

If it can be removed, then what's left? Presumably something that's immune/resistant to it, because otherwise The Force still exists.
>>
>>84603150
They use the force to do mind tricks.

Watto says "I'm a Toydarian! Mind tricks don't work on me, only money!"

Never says the force doesn't work on him. In fact, TCW clearly shows The Force being used on Toydarians.
>>
>>84603247
mind tricks use the force to work m8 he wouldn't be able to resist it if he his race didn't at least have some protection against it.
>>
>>84603289
His race just naturally has strong minds. Hes not resistant to the Force. Savage Opress chokes and force pushes Toydarians with no issue.

The only reason people can resist mind tricks is because they're not weak-minded. But even then, a bunch of Jedi can break a strong-minded person's mind.
>>
>>84603358
>But even then, a bunch of Jedi can break a strong-minded person's mind.
That scene in The Clone Wars where Kenobi, Anakin, and Windu are all gangraping Bane's mind...how are they the good guys again?
>>
>>84603358
>His race just naturally has strong minds
That doesn't make any sense.
>. Hes not resistant to the Force. Savage Opress chokes and force pushes Toydarians with no issue.
It might just be his brain that's protected against the force.
>>
>>84603289
Or that he's like Jabba and isn't a weak minded fool. Like picking up a rock vs picking up a mountain, more powerful minds could probably be manipulated with enough strength but it would probably also break their mind in the process.
>>
>>84603420
He mentioned his race when he said that so it's clearly a genetic trait.
>>
>>84603404
>That doesn't make any sense.

Why not?

>It might just be his brain that's protected against the force.

Nope. Nothing can be "resistant" to The Force. It's in everything. It's why Filoni has said ysalamiri wont become canon.
>>
>>84603442
Intelligence is genetic (space jew)
>>
>>84603461
How can a race of aliens have naturally strong minds?
>>
>>84603489
Intelligence was never something that made people immune to mind-tricks
>>
>>84591827
Tell me it's a fanart render. TELL ME THIS IS A FANART RENDER.
>>
File: Star Wars - Thrawn.jpg (399KB, 1347x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars - Thrawn.jpg
399KB, 1347x2048px
>>84603492
The same way a magical energy field that binds the galaxy together can exist, or that genetic clones of a single man all share his accent, or thst sound is in space, or a great many things in Star Wars. Its fantasy.

>>84603510
Its not.
>>
>>84600283
>>84593886
Considering all the bullshit that's canon in the EU, this might be a good thing
>>
>>84603505
What I mean is that not being weak minded fools can in fact be a racial trait, just as there are probably easily manipulated races. Similar to the art of persuasion. The force assists with persuasion but space jews need more than a handwave to be persuaded.
>>
>>84603606
the force is fantasy but everything else is on some level grounded by reality since their science isn't advance enough to be indistinguishable from magic.
>>
>>84597910
>>84599238
Having *a* backstory =/= having a *tragic* backstory. >>84594868's point still stands.

Yeah, Sauron existed before the events of the main plot. That doesn't mean he gets any sort of validation or reasonable justification for his actions. He's still just evil basically because fuck you, that's why.

And that's fine. Star Wars and LotR are both just dumb fantasy. Let the bad guy just be bad because he's bad.
>>
>>84603707
the vong being assholes doesn't make palpatine a good guy so it changed nothing.
>>
>mfw we'll never get to Legends Luke absolute wreck motherfuckers
>in Disney canon he achieved literally nothing
>and then went into hiding while allowing the galaxy to go to complete shit
If Legends Luke ever crossed over and met Disney Luke he'd fucking mind rape the pussy.
>>
>>84598832
How about at the edge of the Farm Rim, and it sounds good enough.

But it has to be on a Rebels/TCW style show, so the torture/submission shit has to be toned way the fuck down.
>>
>>84603745
Fair. But either way, the existence of the Vong changes the entire tone of the series and basically ruins the plot of the original trilogy.

You can no longer feel good about the Death Star blowing up and Palpatine dying. Now, you have to feel "you fucking idiots, you just doomed literally TRILLIONS of people to death by extremely, incredibly, brutally violent murder by a horrific otherworldly demon army."

Frankly, Star Wars is better as simple, trashy sci-fi. It's a fun and uplifting underdog story.
>>
>>84591827

Does...he have quadruple pens in dual pocket protectors?
>>
>>84595082
doesn't make him a good guy, it just paints a picture of him as a more competent and prescient leader.
>>
File: 1460483905641.jpg (358KB, 2086x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1460483905641.jpg
358KB, 2086x1186px
>>84603918
>You can no longer feel good about the Death Star blowing up and Palpatine dying. Now, you have to feel "you fucking idiots, you just doomed literally TRILLIONS of people to death by extremely, incredibly, brutally violent murder by a horrific otherworldly demon army."
Bullshit. It's not like the Deathstar was retconnned into an anti-Vong weapon or something. It was always a tool for evil, the Emperor was always an evil son of a bitch and the rebels were always heroes for blowing both up. Not to mention that the Vong had to spent years weakening the galaxy through manipulation even after Palpatine's death.

This is just a minor detail that was brought up briefly in the EU and which has been blown out of proportion since then.

I have to agree with you about the tone of the series though. Everything in the timeline that came after the NJO was tainted by the try-hard drama it introduced (except maybe the Legacy Volume 2 comics).
>>
>>84603918
>ruins the plot of the original trilogy.
Doesn't TFA do that as well? Basically nothing has changed in the galaxy since the original trilogy, the Empire/First Order is still a major player and the Jedi haven't returned. Meaning it was all essentially for nothing.

Luke re-building the Jedi Order is something that the Legends timeline will always have over the Disney one. With TFA Disney didn't really want anything to have changed since RotJ ended so they could do it themselves. Which basically makes Luke's entire journey pointless.
>>
>>84604823
>muh feel good adventures
>>
>>84598717
>endless losses

Name them. I dare you. He was even winning the last one up until the betrayal.
>>
>>84605292
This is my main gripe with the new trilogy, it was all for nothing despite the upbeat ending.
>>
>>84603707
>He's still just evil basically because fuck you, that's why.

Ya you've never really read the Silmarillion. Sauron is evil personified because at his fundamental core he just cannot accept not being in absolute control of everyone and cannot stand not being the center of the universe. Pretty much selfishness personified and basically Satan allegory. Twice he attempted to genuinely humble himself and do some good, fucks it up, refuses to accept he fucks up, blames others and hates the people he fucks up for allowing him to fuck them up.

I also prefer Sith that have a genuine philosophy behind their actions instead of being evil for evil's sake too.
>>
>>84605982
I liked the gritty clone wars stuff from the early 00's, but with the Vong they went too far in some places.

>>84606240
>it was all for nothing despite the upbeat ending.
It's especially bad for Han, since he's forced to take the place of old Obi Wan in TFA. Their backstories couldn't be more different.
>>
File: 1387940780756.jpg (340KB, 1060x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1387940780756.jpg
340KB, 1060x1300px
>>84606347
That was more morgoth who fucks shit up by putting his own chords into the song of creation.

Sauron was like the angel of industry, order etc, so everything middle earth was (peasants, magic and idiots fumbling around in the mud) was what he hated.

Morgoth convinced him to join his side going "bro if you join we we can build industry and shit, lets make things orderly"
>>
How is no one talking about the fact that Wedge Antilles used to be an Imperial?
>>
>>84603146
actually they did appear for a brief moment in TCW so the story of the game may not be cannon, but the commandos are.
>>
>>84594094
>>84594378
>>84594599
Palpatine wanted to prepare the galaxy for the Vong because he was going to be living in it at the time, and to his mind, the galaxy would be HIS. It was his property, his to toy with as he felt like.

He's not doing it out of the goodness of his heart, he's doing it because he doesn't share his toys with anybody, especially not BDSM freaks from the next galaxy over.
>>
>>84597216
They're going to make Revan the woman from the Sith holocron, you fucking know they will. No Kreia ever.
>>
>Thrawn coming back

Does this mean we'll have all that other FUCKING BULLSHIT to put up with soon?

Like I don't know. Maybe the emperor had a secret red headed apprentice that Luke never knew about and she hates Luke but when they meet she eventually falls in love with him like some bullshit anime cliche?
>>
>>84597216
I'm sorry but in the old canon didn't Recan fucking DIE, in the old republic era even?
>>
File: BestJedicomingthru.jpg (51KB, 414x590px) Image search: [Google]
BestJedicomingthru.jpg
51KB, 414x590px
>>84606846
>fucking bullshit

showfags are the absolute worst
kys
>>
Been a few decades but I remember there being some bird-Jedi in the Yuuzhan Vong saga who was my favorite character. Did they ever do anything else with her?
>>
>>84606550
That was revealed in a book a couple years ago
>>
>>84606955
Vergere. She's basically the NJO's (less cuntish) Kreia, who mentored Jacen Solo. After the NJO, they decided that Jacen Solo would become a Sith Lord. Because of that, they established that she might have been a dark side user all along and that her lessons during the Vong war were what had opened Jacen's mind towards the dark side.
>>
>>84599821
>hates fanfic
>likes rebels even though it just cherrypicks the best parts from legends
>>
File: 1462958378974.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1462958378974.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>84591827
>>
File: 1468794528208.jpg (125KB, 540x796px) Image search: [Google]
1468794528208.jpg
125KB, 540x796px
>>84592992
They probably added them to make him look more emotive. But yes, I'm mad as hell. The eyes were the sexiest part of him and his species
>>
>>84595559
Chiss are most likely gonna get changed to fit new Canon. I doubt they are based off the Unknown Regions now, especially since Thrawn isn't Palpatine's dirty little secret anymore and Hera already knows him too. I guess he was either a former Republican officer in the Clone Wars or he was a Sep that was just so good that he got hired by the Empire almost immediately. Which of course will make the Chiss either Rep or Sep in the Clone Wars.
>>
>>84605982
>I'll put "muh" in front of it! that'll get him!
Yeah, asshole. Star Wars IS supposed to be a feel-good adventure. If you want grimdark edgy sci-fi shit go wank over 40K lore on /tg/.
>>
>>84606347
>Sauron is evil personified because at his fundamental core he just cannot accept not being in absolute control of everyone and cannot stand not being the center of the universe.

So, literally just every single generic Big Bad Villain motivation from since the beginning of time? "I wanna rule the world! Because I deserve to! I wanna be powerful! I'm the most important thing ever!" Uh, yeah. That's my point. He's not supposed to be a deep, multi-faceted character study. He's just a self-involved, power-hungry Bad Guy.

>you've never really read the Silmarillion
Cool cool, but I have though.
Unless you mean something weird and english-major elitist by "REALLY read it." I didn't pore over the pages and write several analytic essays critiqueing Tolkien's use of adverbs.
>>
>>84593801
>thinking they don't have the balls
>>
>>84591827
I'd rather get Xizor canonized than the fucking Yuuhan Vong
>>
>>84608519
It'll probably happen. Falleen and Black Sun are already in.
>>
>>84608559
Plus, Xizor would be pretty easy to introduce. "Leader of the Black Sun syndicate that hates Darth Vader but begrudgingly collaborates with the Empire".
The Vong are way more complicated and would need an entire storyline/arc just for them, and I don't think they're worth it.
>>
>>84591827
Question is, will they kill him off or let him live on after the OT era?
He wasn't in the Star Wars: Aftermath novel, but there's plenty of reasons to explain why he wasn't there.
>>
>>84608604
And they can't cameo either because the entire point is that they're from outside of the known galaxy.

An undercover agent would be fine though, that's how the arc starts out after all. God, how long has it been since that shit came out? 20 years?
>>
>>84608604
>entire storyline/arc
An entire intergalactic war like the Clone Wars even. They were only created because the fighting the Empire got stale in the EU. It'll be a very long time before the new canon suffers from the same problem.

>>84608654
>God, how long has it been since that shit came out? 20 years?
Around the same time the Prequels started coming out. Looking back, they provided a strange contrast to the world building in the Prequels.
>>
>>84608860
>It'll be a very long time before the new canon suffers from the same problem.

the main problem with TFA was that it was just x-wing and tie fighters and "remember star wars?"

like is there fucking anything else they could have done
>>
>>84606674
If that means exile becomes a dude thats fine with me
>>
>>84595082
Sheev seeing the Vong threat coming and wanting to prepare for it doesn't legitimize his orchestration of a war in order to install his fascist regime, his acts of genocide, his kidnapping and brainwashing of children, etc.

Written right, the Vong War could have been a reflection on the Empire's values of authoritarianism and military strength versus the New Republic's values of liberalism and democracy, but instead characters just kind of mentioned it in passing, i.e. Wedge stating that the Empire would have beaten the Vong more quickly.

I'm probably reading into it too much, people come to Star Wars for retrofuturist space opera dogfights and swordplay, not highbrow political drama.
>>
>>84603492
Redundant neural pathways (or similar neurologybabble)
>>
I've only ever listened to the audiobooks but I try to avoid the abridged ones, is the huge YZV invasion series worth reading?

I'll probably give up anyway unless it's really good, I usually have trouble finishing books becuase I just lose interest. Same with tv shows but less so.
>>
>>84597216
wasn't Revan the ghost in the end of Clone Wars?

i can't keep your deep fanon mary sues straight
>>
>>84609741
Especially since Sheev DIDN'T FUCKING TELL ANYONE ABOUT THE VONG.
Which is weird, despots love having a foreign enemy they can blame bad things on and use as an excuse to get more power.
>>
>>84610152
No, that was Darth Bane
>>
>>84610128
IMO, the writing is on par with the average EU novel, it just has a very different vibe to it. The novel series set after the New Jedi Order get progressively worse though.

The first book, Vector Prime is pretty weak. Edge of Victory is pretty good for humanizing the Vong and fleshing out Anakin Solo, Star by Star is the ESB of the series in terms of shit hitting the fan and Traitor is both considered the best in the series as well as a solid read in its own right. I'd recommend Traitor even if you don't like the rest of the NJO.
>>
>>84610128
I remember the writing being very disjointed. Like one book the YV are kicking ass and taking no prisoners, another they have to halt their invasion due to everyone catching space flu while some plucky jedi runs around cracking jokes at their expense.
>>
>>84594378
>and people's fear gives me a force boner"?

lol'd way harder than I should have.
>>
>>84606918
Nomi was pretty bad ass.
>>
File: 9341_press07-001.jpg (48KB, 620x600px) Image search: [Google]
9341_press07-001.jpg
48KB, 620x600px
>>84608063
Not that anon but that's not really Sauron's motivation. It's more so autism than anything else, not even joking. He wants pure and utter complete order, unfortunately that means wiping out a lot of the "chaos" or basically anything that won't bend to his will.
>>
>>84609494
There won't be any exile.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.