[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preacher Talkback Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: preacher.jpg (338KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
preacher.jpg
338KB, 960x1440px
Preacher Talkback Thread
>>
When are they actually gonna do shit that happens in the comics
>>
>>84584979

Season finale
>>
>>84584990
I know if they just copied the comics there would be some serious issues with pacing,
But Jesus Christ they are really milking this one
>>
>no one likes a slow burn
You all are shit
>>
>>84587034
The show is slower than this thread
>>
They're making a show about Preacher? Why do i feel like they will fuck up absolutely everything, not show 4/5ths of the stuff that happens and have a show-only ending that kills any chance of continuity it might have gained?
>>
>>84587344
m8 it's on its 8th episode.
>>
>Preacher shot my dick off
>>
>>84583985
I still don't think they got what's preacher's all about.
>>
>>84588092
And how is it so far?
>>
>>84590812
A really great slow burn that binges well. I watched the first six episodes in on sitting and while I loved it I thought it would suck watching it on a weekly basis. Wait for episode ten to finish and then plow through it
>>
>>84588134
>they all cheered him on as he was returning unharmed
>that quick change when he walked around showing it to people for some reason
>>
Watching the Preacher t.v. series makes me wonder if Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg really understand the Preacher comic book series at all. The comics aren't really about religion. Instead, they explore issues of masculinity like honor, friendship, brotherhood, standing up to injustice and other things girls don't understand. The series is basically a Western and Jesse Custer is a cowboy who was raised by a marine corps veteran and John Wayne to always have his buddy's back, protect women, and stand up to the bad guys. Instead, the television series focuses on Jesse as a preacher and changes entire aspects of his backstory and personality to reflect that. I suspect this was done because writing the arc of the rise and fall of a preacher is easier and in this current climate mocking religion is far more palatable than promoting masculinity.
>>
>>84596728
If clear you don't understand the show
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.