[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the hell is iceman considered an omega level mutant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 25

File: UltimateIceman01.jpg (84KB, 500x779px) Image search: [Google]
UltimateIceman01.jpg
84KB, 500x779px
Why the hell is iceman considered an omega level mutant?
>>
because he can freeze the planet
>>
>>84554888
because can bring about a global ice age from his power alone.
>>
>>84554888
Because he can freeze everything if he tries
>>
>>84554897
>>84554910
That's it? How does tempest scoot by with only being near omega?
>>
>>84554888
because he can be my wingman anytime
>>
Is magneto Omega? If he isn't why not?
>>
>>84554888
How can you manipulate reality with ice?
>>
>>84554888
Fucking around with various laws of thermodynamics.

He also went toe to toe with Oblivion. It happened in his Solo comics nobody reads, because it's Ice Man, who gives a damn?
>>
>>84554888
He's a post-human elemental shapeshifting energy manipulator with the ability to alter his environment and reform from damage to his ice forms, that he can manifest in as multiple embodiments at the same time.
Plus, he once froze every cell in an enemy's body with a single glance.
>>
>>84554888
He's basically immortal. You can destroy his body as much as you want but he can always reform himself with water in the atmosphere, or the water in your body if he's feeling particularly vengeful.

He can create sentient ice clones, so he's like Madrox, even if you do manage to destroy one of his bodies and prevent him from reforming he can just transfer his consciousness into another one of his duplicates.

He manipulates heat extremely well, he can absorb the heat from an explosion as hot as the surface of the sun five feet away from him and keep himself and the people around him at a regular temperature. He can prevent the heat transfer in chemical reactions to prevent jet engines and Flame based mutant powers from even activating.

And he can freeze the planet
>>
>>84554888

"Omega-level" doesn't really mean shit. All mutants are weak as fuck, I mean Spider-Man has taken out the entire X-Men cast without even breaking a sweat multiple times.
>>
>>84555191
That's only what Xavier wanted him to think.
>>
>>84555191
Because Spider-Man has his Spider sense and precognition is evil
>>
>>84554888
He can manipulate the laws of thermodynamics. Also, it's been hinted several times that if had any sort of work ethic in training and learning his powers, he would be even more powerful.
>>
Ice mans power isnt really "makes ice". Its manipulation of thermodynamics. Im sure if a writer wanted to get silly, they could have him turn a planets core off or something
>>
>>84555191
People forget the proportional speed of a spider part, there's some insanely fast jumping spiders in the world.
Spiderman's probably able to move as fast as Quicksilver in short bursts, that's how he's been able to do so well against major league opponents.
>>
>>84554888
Omega basically means their power scales continuously.

Like Cyclops would be an omega-level mutant if his eyebeams kept growing powerful enough to blow up the Moon.
>>
>>84554888
functional immortality and molecular control
>>
do you know what killed the dinosaurs?
>>
File: uxf-14.jpg (972KB, 1280x1989px) Image search: [Google]
uxf-14.jpg
972KB, 1280x1989px
I wish we got more stuff like this with 616 Iceman.
>>
>>84555427
Do you know what happens when a Toad gets hit by lightning?
>>
>>84554888
This means killer frost is also Omega level
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (65KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
65KB, 852x480px
>>84555427
Chucko does
>>
>>84555598
Killer Frost can freeze the entire planet?
>>
>>84555003
The Freeze Force
>>
>>84555598
DC doesn't have the ranking.
And Iceman has a bunch of other abilities that KillerFrost doesn't.
>>
>>84555446
His army of frost clones and him making a Hulk like golem out of snow in Extraordinary X-Men was pretty cool.
>>
>>84554888
I think the criteria for being Omega are basically being effectively immortal.
>>
File: 1459898715582.jpg (259KB, 800x307px) Image search: [Google]
1459898715582.jpg
259KB, 800x307px
>>84555932
And he's just one imaginative writer away from being even more powerful.
It's still canon that he holds himself back because of his self-hating mutiephobia.
>>
>>84556042
Someone didn't tell Elixir
>>
>>84555157
So basically someone wrote a series on Iceman and gave him all these ass pull powers and it doesn't matter anymore because he isnt popular enough to showcase it outside of niche character runs?
>>
File: Magneto Images-69531.jpg (202KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Magneto Images-69531.jpg
202KB, 1600x1200px
>Omega mutant

man it's like the writers of X-men want to undermine their own concepts.

You cannot have shit like Omega mutants and then expect anyone to feel empathy when the mutants get hunted out of fear

Oh, hey the pissed of race supremacist can stop the earth's rotation

Oh, hey the bitchy rich bleach blond with a fake accent can shut off everyone's brain

Oh, hey the slacker snow man can usher in a new ice age.
>>
>>84556165
Foley's mutant power is to control life and death, an angry Bruce Banner has a better chance of staying dead.
>>
>>84556237
...and a human can launch nukes or switch on the Sentinels.
The idea is that you don't condemn people for what they didn't do.
Doesn't that sound fair? Or do you want to force superpowered racewars and mass death?
>>
>>84556343
>...and a human can launch nukes or switch on the Sentinels.

you know provided you go to great lengths to actual, design, fund and build them and there are many legal hurdles you have to jump over to even do the first two.

>The idea is that you don't condemn people for what they didn't do.

The idea doesn't work when said people can kill a crowd if they sneeze the wrong way.

Normal logic doesn't apply here.
>>
>>84555446
>Ball Hog the Betrayer
kek. I loved X-Force before Marvel Now.
>>
He has power over a basic force of the universe.
He could freeze anything, but all he does is ice and snow.
>>
>>84554888
>Why is Iceman an Omega

Because he let a teenaged white girl decide his sexuality for him.
>>
>>84555427
ME!
>>
>>84556552
Wow, I was going to respond to your post by calling you a homophobe, but you clearly are much more afraid of women.
>>
>>84554953
He doesn't have unlimited potential
He's Alpha like Xavier.
>>
>>84556660
How was that anon being a homophobe?
He clearly called out on the bullshit psychic asspull to not only erase bi sexuality but to turn iceman full gay.

And then there is the fact the anon only listed one white girl. that isn't women hating.

Fuck you and your bait.
>>
>>84556236
He's always been strong, he's just never been interested in developing his powers. That was a thing until like the 2000's.
>>
>>84554888
Something Molecules. Its dumb.
>>
>>84556236
Literally everything in that post is from major X-men runs. Carey's Adjectiveless, Aaron's WATXM, Remender's Uncanny X-Force, Liu's Astonishing X-Men
>>
>>84554888
The mutant ranking system has nothing to do with power, and everything to do with your limitations. Omega have no limits, Alpha have some limits, and anything below can do some minor things.

Ice Man is an Omega level mutant because his control over thermodynamics has no limits. If he really wanted to, he could cause the heat death of the universe, and no one could stop him.

Magneto, on the other hand, is not an Omega level mutant because he can't control all magetism everywhere without limit. Sure, throwing cars and hairy Canadians is impressive, but he can't just rip every single molecule of iron in the entire universe and move it to one location.
>>
>>84554888
Because like every X-men writer, they love to wank their favorite pet character by turning them into a token omega level mutant. Replace shit tier telepath Emma Frost? She is an omega. Remember shitface Storm? She is an omega. Remember potential token mutant Superman Warpath? He was an omega before they decided to nerf him into oblivion. Remember Nate Grey/Cable? They were an omega before they got raped.
>>
>>84556830
Oh wow, you are replying to the wrong guy too, I'm not even the original guy posting >>84556552

But god damn comblr, you really need to reach that hard?
Also
>calling a gay man a homophobe
HAHAHA FAGGOT.
>>
>>84556835
Alpha's just have non-useless powers with no drawbacks.
Also, Bobby do a lot of shit with matter manipulation. Other than turning himself and others into water or ice, he can straight up teleport anyone anywhere in the world as long as their submerged/covered in water/ice.
>>
>>84554888
Because his faggotry knows no limits.
>>
>>84556835
>Ice Man is an Omega level mutant because his control over thermodynamics has no limits. If he really wanted to, he could cause the heat death of the universe, and no one could stop him.

Its cute that you actually think he is capable of doing this when he is still capable of getting 3rd degree burns from a flamethrower.
>>
>>84556891
Emma isn't shit, in fact she's extremely skilled. She just doesn't have as much raw power as Jean or her kids.
Storm has always been OP, the only thing holding her back is living on Earth.
>>
>>84556892
Dude, you're online perpetuating a homophobic meme.
That is a fact.
It doesn't matter if you smoke the sausage, you picked your side on the homophobia issue today.
>>
>>84556959

...But he can't? Iceman can completely dissipate and reform. He's effectively free floating consciousness that out of comfort reassembles itself as human, like sandman.
>>
>>84557025
Go fuck yourself, if your version of representation is tokenism then I'd much rather never have representation
>>
>>84556891
Emma's not one. Everyone else is. But they've always been shown as bullshit. Cable's fucking kept a city floating for like a year. Storm's destroyed fucking africa more times than I can fucking count. Warpath was never omega.
>>
>>84557045
>like sandman.
Sandman's consciousness is inside a single grain of sand. Peter threatened to destroy that grain during Ends of the Earth.
>>
>>84557025
Wait, are you mad that gays are trying to take Faggot back for years and years?
especially twinky club going fags calling everyone else either bitches or faggots?

Its like being mad at black people for using Niggah and not condemning the people that use Nigger.
>>
>>84557063

...That's somehow less believable than the idea of him not being attached to any sand in particular. I'm going to guess this was a new concept Slott introduced?
>>
>>84557085
Yes.
>>
>>84557102

The more I think about it the stupider it is. By that logic you could very quickly by punching through Sandman a couple times tell which half of him would retain consciousness during a split.
>>
>>84554888

Afaik omega level just means their powers are world threatening. Other mutants could easily take him but they couldn't cause a global disaster with their powers.
>>
>>84557150

That definition puts Magneto at omega, which he isn't.

Omega just means that whatever your power is, it has no upper limit.
>>
>>84557173
Magneto has a limit, it's just very high. He needed a machine for Magneto Wars to happen and time to retrieve the space bullet Kitty was trapped in.
>>
>>84557205

Right. That's exactly what I said. Magneto is not an omega level mutant.
>>
>>84557067
No, I'm mad that someone can't be bothered to accept a person who comes out of the closet, because Iceman "suddenly" being gay after years and years of awkward struggles with trying to form relationships with women: THAT is what coming out usually looks like.
This was an accurate depiction.
And trying to get them to take it back and to go back to being acceptable in your eyes? Even if it's just a little compromise that YOU think wouldn't make that much difference, but is a change of who THEY are that makes it no longer a problem for YOU.
THAT IS HOMOPHOBIA.
That is the definition of homophobia. And people IRL do it to people who have come out to them.
It's not okay to push someoneback into the closet.
>>
>>84557233
Okay Bendis, you did a great job. Everyone totally thinks Bobby was an organic closet case.
>>
File: BASED SUPERMAN.jpg (289KB, 1024x1559px) Image search: [Google]
BASED SUPERMAN.jpg
289KB, 1024x1559px
>>84556343
Anon, >>84556417
is absolutely right. Having one guy being able to destroy the planet in a minute if he wanted to is in no way comparable to humans with robot jobbers or nukes.

You put Ice Man on one side and humanity on the other and humanity loses. Hard.

And there is a paramilitary TEAM of them. Who answer to no one but themselves.

X-men started as a metaphor for discrimination. Now its a metaphor for the one percent. There's nothing of consequence humanity can do to them and they still act like the're the ones being bullied if you ask them to register.

It would be different if the X-men actually tried to form bonds with normal human beings. But when is the last time they gave an interview to the human press or had a human friend? When's the last time humans got to see the inside of their super cool clubhouse only for super cool world ending mutants?

And if you ask Mr. God to register, to just do this one thing for the non-powered humans suddenly you're the asshole. "Muh flastscan oppression".

Do you really think sentinels can take the X-men as they're written now? Humanity is a the mercy of a bunch of rich assholes in a mansion. That's the X-men.

You see this pic? There's no way in hell the X-men would actually be polite to the heckler. There's no way in hell they wouldn't demonize him as a racist asshole.

The irony of the X-men is that they're supposed to be hated for their powers by stupid humans. But that's wrong. DC humans love Superman because Superman is a bro.

It's not a power thing. People don't hate the X-men because they have powers. They hate them for being assholes with powers.
>>
>>84557233

>because Iceman "suddenly" being gay after years and years of awkward struggles with trying to form relationships with women

Male characters who like to fuck women but have difficulty forming lasting relationships with them are now automatically gay?

Someone get Jean over to Avengers Mansion, someone needs to sit Tony Stark and Johnny Storm down and "let them know" they're in the closet.

Please go back to tumblr.
>>
>>84557324
Stop shitposting. This was explained to you. You know you aren't making an actual reasoned argument.

So stop breaking the board rules.
>>
>>84557386
How is that anon shitposting retard?

>>84557233
Oh really? Really? You think bigots won't use other words and new ones to continue hating?
You really are a special kind of stupid holy fuck.

Also, fuck you for thinking you get to decide who is gay or straight, what are you, a japanese girl?

Even more disgusting is that now being gay is Iceman/Bobby NEW BIG THING YAY!
>>
Question, who would win in a fight, speed force bullshit or bobbys freezeforce bullshit?
>>
>>84557233
>>84557233
>THAT is what coming out usually looks like.
>This was an accurate depiction.

I'm sure that lots of gay people are told they are gay by someone else and forced to accept it because the other person knows better than them
>>
>>84557499
If Captain Cold can slow down Speedforce users than Iceman could probably do slightly better

But speedforce is basically magic aND the Flash has too much plot armor to lose against a mutie
>>
>>84557499
Speedforce
Punch Bobby out of the womb.
>>
>>84557386
I think he means that iceman was changed by bendis to be 'progressive'. The general opinion is that that scene was handled incredibly poorly.

Sexuality isn't the issue, bendis is. God hates bendis, bendis isn't natural, I'm proud to be a bendiphobe!

>>84557499
Well, how much is iceman handicapping himself?
>>
>>84557499
Generally speed force, because Bobby's a jabroni.
>>
>>84557523
Plenty of closeted people have friends who try to ask if they are gay to reassure them that they can be trusted to come out to
>>
>>84557569
Yes, that's very clearly asking Bobby if he was gay to reassure him. Clearly.
>>
>>84557583
It's the closest real world comparison because real people don't have mind probing privacy destroying powers
>>
>>
>>84557601
>Peopel don't have mind probing privacy destroying powers
Sure they do. Like for instance people have the power to make assumptions about people's sexuality based on hunches or private information they found and bluntly state to them what they are and force them out. We all have that power.
>>
>>84557617
Seriously, this fucking part.
THIS FUCKING PART.
I know some Bi people and they clearly exist in bigger numbers then purely gay or lesbian people.
>>
>>84557667
That is called "detective work" asshole.
Clearly different from fucking psychics.
>>
>>84557531
>Well, how much is iceman handicapping himself?
One time he went evil and went all out on Earth, and it caused so much ice in Asgard that Thor assumed it was a sign of Ragnarok.
>>
>>84557715
Sure, but according to this thread he avoids using the full extent of his powers. His only chance against the speed force is going all out.
>>
i for one support marvel's decision to give iceman omega level homosexuality powers
>>
>>84554930
Iceman's powers go beyond being able to freeze the world.

He's also functionally immortal in ice form, even if he's vaporised he can come back simply by gathering enough moisture around him and freezing it. He can instantly transfer himself through any body of water (like melting himself in NY and reforming himself in London), etc.

Of course most writers ignore all that and just make him the guy who skates on impossible ice slides and throws snowballs. Which frankly fits his personality a lot better anyway.
>>
File: why precog sucks.jpg (230KB, 1000x766px) Image search: [Google]
why precog sucks.jpg
230KB, 1000x766px
>>84555300
>>
>>84556236
More like someone wrote about an character with control over ice and it's forms without really thinking about how super overpowered that would be. This happens all the time in comics. Most characters are extremely overpowered once you start thinking about them logically. In Icemans case he can make it rain or snow, turn to mist, water and ice and freeze things. It takes a very small leap to turn that into he can fuck up the climate and create an iceage, be unkillable and instakill people by freezing every cell in their body.
>>
>>84554888
What do you mean why?

omega level only means that he has unlimited potential, nothing more.
>>
>>84555601
underrated
>>
>>84557569
All I can think of from this was when my relatives insinuating to me that I'm gay when I'm not at all.
>>
>>84555748

She once tried to absorb the sun, and could have possibly done it.
>>
>>84554888
Unlimited control over molecular vibrations. Or at least slowing/stopping them and restoring them. If you have even a slight understanding of what that means it makes him ludicrously overpowered.
>>
>>84556716
>>84556892
>>84557046
>>84557067
>>84557470
You people just can't resist taking any bait that's dangled in front of you, can you?
>>
>>84554930
Because he's actually the Avatar of Fimbulvinter and destined to freeze all the nine realms come Ragnarok.

It's why iceman is bros with Thor because Thor helped him overcome that feeling of soul-crushing dread that he was basically the universes harbinger for Annihilation.

Iceman, like many Mutants, is better when he's not in an X-men book and can hang around with his friends like Thor and Spider-man.
>>
>>84558632
Don't worry, Marvel killed the X-Men anyway
>>
>>84558669
Honestly, I think it's for the best.

X-men were always a bloated self-contained universe that caused no end of annoyances in the Marvel universe

>Guy has firepowers because power cosmic
Yay super hero!
>Guy has firepowers because X-gene
EVIL MUTIE SCUM!

I mean we saw less abrasion when the fucking asgardians came to live on earth and called themselves literal gods.
>>
>>84557269
>But when is the last time they gave an interview to the human press or had a human friend?
Closest was when Cyclops went to gave a speech thanking the people at a pro mutant rally composed mostly of non mutants during Bendis' uncanny run.
>>
>>84554888
>Why the hell is iceman considered an omega level mutant?

He can pretty much dissipate an infinite ammout of almost all known forms of energy with his magic without breaking a sweat.

In comparison, Magneto can controll one fundamental force. within a limited range.
>>
>>84558632
Source? Sounds dope
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 400x300px
>>84555427
DE ICE AEGE
>>
>>84554888
He's the only known human or mutant whose sexuality can go from heterosexual to homosexual.
>>
>>84557269
Huh. So the x-men are the 1%.
>>
>>84558302
Spider-Man's precog isn't mind reading, it's reaction to things that will happen. He effectively reacts to things half a second in the future, and he has the reflexes to do so.
>>
>>84557617
Why is this even a thing? Did any gay anons enjoy reading this?
>>
>>84557269
The last time I can think of was Morrison.

But then House of M quickly followed and you can understand why they're a bit more isolationist.
>>
>>84555362
You know, I think that is one of the things Civil War actually did a pretty good job with. When you saw spiderman lifting a commercial airplane ramp he felt significantly stronger than most of the people he was around
>>
>>84559925
Nah, people roasted Bendis over this in social media. It was a clear insult to any bisexual person.
>>
>>84556660
He was just calling Iceman a huge beta, so huge that he is several letters lower.
>>
>>84557324
>to sit Tony Stark and Johnny Storm down and "let them know" they're in the closet.

Jean gets angry enough to want Medusa dead because of Terrigen gas killing mutants. She makes Tony and Johnny gay for each other and Johnny becomes a mole for Tony within the Inhumans. While they dock each other and exchange information, Jean is mind reading/controlling both of them to get revenge on Shithumans. She cucks Medusa, rubs it in her face, and finally causes her to break down when it's found out that she wasn't using Johnny but Jean was using all of them. Hell if Hazmat was a mutant I could see Jean have her sample Terrigen Gas and try to reverse the effects so it's cancerous to Inhumans but heals/revitalizes mutants and humans are carriers. It could be turned into a disease that has a timed trigger or response to certain radioactive particles and she infects Johnny with it and lets him Poz up the Inhumans from the inside and let it trigger when the Shithumans are at their worst. Turnabout for the Death of X and she gets to go full evil for once since tykeclops might not be rightclops for some time.

Also tie-in Kamala seeing the fall of the inhumans and being angsty about it because "muh inhumans pick a side" and also watching one of her yaoi crackships happen IRL.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat
>>
>>84558683
That's because they ARE gods.

Muties aren't gods, they're MUTIES.
>>
>>84554888
In the Time's Arrow trilogy, there was a fight with one or two A.I. robot constructs that increased in size and strength when subject to kinetic energy. there was going to be no way to win against them and they would get stronger as you fought them.

they were defeated when iceman froze them to absolute zero and spider-man shattered them with a good, web-encased fist punch that hurt his hand.
>>
>>84560545
Except all the muties that run around calling themselves gods like storm and apoko or all the muties that can become gods like the phoenix fuckers.

not to mention the mutants that have bullshit powers that can make them one with existance or some shit
>>
>>84554888
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJNnYYip_zk
since he can control coldness he can control molecule vibration or someshit, pretty much power creep
>>
>>84561579
Sadly it's been quite the opposite though.

Iceman's development has been frozen since the 90s.
>>
>>84560631
also he froze a portion of hell
>>
>>84561579
>ice-man can control water molecules

so hydro-man x5

>temperature control

powers close to if not greater than storm's
>>
>>84562180
he can turn to water and gas then reform back too
and all that just a tip of the iceberg since his power seem much more as the writer hype him up
>>
File: the_sperminator.jpg (27KB, 400x247px) Image search: [Google]
the_sperminator.jpg
27KB, 400x247px
>>84558500
Maybe you just haven't found the right person of your own gender.
>>
>>84554888
I always thought him zipping around like that would be incredibly dangerous.

What happens when his ice bridge starts melting and loses structural integrity? Do cinder-block-size chunks of ice just fall down onto the city below?
>>
File: TOP-GUN-ICEMAN12.jpg (173KB, 630x473px) Image search: [Google]
TOP-GUN-ICEMAN12.jpg
173KB, 630x473px
>>84554950
>>
>>84558292
>the kill Iceman issue of UXF
FFFFUUUCCKKKKK
>>
File: 1449042886617.jpg (8KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1449042886617.jpg
8KB, 316x202px
>>84560631
>froze them to absolute zero
>>
>>84554888
It's simple. What's cooler than being cool? ice cold
>>
>>84554888

Because he's the most boring of the original X-Men and subsequently writers have to resort to gimmicks to make him readable.
>>
STORM OMEGA LEVEL FUCKING WHEN

I JUST WANT TO SEE EVERYTHING WEATHER
>>
>>84556609
FUCKING THIS
>>
>>84558683
>X-men were always a bloated self-contained universe

So they are exactly like all the other cape comic characters?
>>
>>84563060
The problem with Storm is it's kind of had for her to do anything small-scale with her powers

She could probably destroy all of civilization, but uh, she lives in civilization so she really doesn't want to do that
>>
>>84563305
Yeah she's no weather wizard, she can't make a tornado spawn inside a person's stomach.
>>
>>84563305
Maybe she goes into space and does weather there? Weather can be a lot of shit after all, if Iceman can get extended into all temperature, and Magneto can go from Magnetism to complete control of the electromagnetic force, maybe Storm could do space phenomena? Like wormholes, black holes, solar winds and supernovas and shit.
>>
>>84558292
Sounds like the ice version of Plastic Man.
>>
>>84558683
The thing with mutants is only partially because of the danger they inherently inflict by essentially being regular people with weapons of mass destruction in their pockets.

There's also a lot of misinformation spread around the MU about them, such as that they all want to slaughter the human populace and replace them with mutants, or that they can infect you or your children by touching them, or that they're some kind of abominations of Satan that God hates. You know, all things that large groups of scared Americans actually believe about REAL minority groups in the REAL WORLD.

And like those minority groups those fears can often be confirmed by bad or coincidental examples, like ISIS and the Brotherhood of Mutants do about Muslims and mutant supremacists.

In reality we have people who want to literally burn certain people at the stake just because they like touching other dudes' dicks, and you think it's strange that they'd act just as extreme if there were groups of actual lizard people and pyrokinetics?
>>
>>84554888
He's gay.
>>
>>84563561
She is extemely weak in space cause there is so little matter and energy there.

She couldn't make a supernova cause that would take her needing to fuse atoms to make iron. Pretty sure she doesn't have atomic power
>>
>>84554888
Because he's Swamp Thing, but ice instead of plants.
>>
His power is pretty much limitless. Ranging from simple snow to absolute zero. If he wanted to he could effectively put the entire planet in a state of suspended animation, if not more. His ice is almost unbreakable depending on his level of focus. His size and strength is only limited by the amount of water he has access to. Also, his powers aren't limited to h2o. Emma Frost once kicked the shit out of the rest of the X-Men while in control of his mind.
>>
>>84567254
Everyone uses icemans powers better than he does.
>>
>>84567254
>Also, his powers aren't limited to h2o

So what else? Neon, carbon dioxide, ammonia and methane?

Did you know it rain neon deeper down in Jupiter?
>>
>>84567546
No you moron, his powers arent limited to anything. He manipulates heat.
>>
>>84567546
>It rains Neon on Jupiter
Did nobody tell them the Neo-80s fad was over?
>>
>>84554888
Because he can manipulate energy on a molecular level, he just chooses to do as a human snowcone.
>>
Any omega mutants that can control the strong nuclear force, weak nuclear force, and gravity? Also how will Iceman ice work against a black hole?
>>
>>84567580
Kek
>>
>>84567652
That is a good question... i have no clue. And could iceman achieve negative temperature? That woukd give him near endless power
>>
>>84567652
No MUTANTS, but there's a guy called Graviton who's basically the Magneto of Gravity. He fought the Thunderbolts a few times and they never actually defeated him.
>>
>>84567789
And DC has Captain Atom and firestorm that deal with transmutation of elements, which is the nuclear forces. Not sure why marvel doesnt have any, none that i can think of. Surprising since a lot of mutant stories were straight out of nuclear warfare fear
>>
>>84567789
Ehh, they have but largely because Gravitron is a dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>84556236
Welcome to cape comics dipshit.
Their personalities, costumes, appearances, motivations, sexual orientations, methods of speach, where they are and what they are doing at any given time and everything else about them is 100% meaningless and subject to the whims of the writer and his editors demands.

Why the shit would you think their powers would somehow be any different at all?
That's why you don't follow characters in cape books; because there ARE no fucking "characters" in them, just pieces of art that will act literally however the writer wants them to and nobody will tell them they can't.
>>
>>84567954
He is, but more than that, Moonstone is really manipulative.
>>
>>84554888
>>84555157
>>84559171

Are there any books where he's treated like an Omega level threat from allies/villains?

Never knew Iceman was up there in terms of power.
>>
>>84567652
Franklin Richards and Rachel Grey have an alternate reality son who can manipulate all four
>>
>>84556699
Doesn't Magneto have control over the universe's electromagnetic field? It sounds pretty limitless to me.
>>
I really hate the fact that they over powered characters like Ice Man. His current power set is just ridiculous. What ever happened to powers having limitations, thus prompting teams of characters to work in unison to solve problems? Now half the A and B list characters could rightfully solo most threats. There's no fun in that.
>>
I got an ideal for a new hero or villain. Anicent aliens make a counterfit mind, soul, and power gems. The gems fall into a black hole and break apart, causing a freak accident( isn't always in comics) that creates a sentient black hole, who really wishes to live a normal life like a human on Earth.

So what do you all think.
>>
>>84555427
A meteor, you fuckwit.
>>
>>84568220

Until you realize that if he's only limited to the Electromagnetic spectrum, he would affect less matter in the universe than you'd think.

We have magnetic counters for technology already, what's there to worry about unless he's hurling large chunks of ferrous metals? Especially when he can't stop something like... being teleported in half by a certain Catholic mutant.
>>
>>84568312
>being teleported in half
Nightcrawler can't do this.
>>
>>84554888
Because X-writers are a demented bunch of power creeping faggots. Every fuckin X-men had his "he doesn't know, but he's totally an omega" moment, but it means absolutely nothing, every character will job when the plot demands it.
>>
>>84568336
He could bamf Magneto half way into a wall

But he wouldn't
>>
>>84568130
Loki kidnapped him to use is ice powers to give the frost giants more power. Then they got far more power than he anticipated and they got way too powerful for him and he had to get thor to save his life
>>
>>84568235
Cause the process of getting them there can be a great story.
>>
>>84568256
Singularity is already a character. And cute, CUTE!
>>
someone post that 4 panel about power creeping super powers
>>
>>84568811
its like a guy that can speak all languages and by the end he can "speak the language of the universe"
>>
>>84568312
The electromagnetic spectrum is pretty much the entire universe though. It's far stronger than gravity and all fermions have a charge. The only thing magneto can't do is control some bosons like the higgs or gluons that hold the nucleus together. But since the nucleus is charged he could tear that apart anyways. There is literally nothing that the electro magnetic spectrum doesnt do in our world. Hell, it's the only reason gravity doesn't crush us all into a singularity
>>
>>84554888
When his potential was fully unlocked, he simultaneously existed as every molecule of H2O in the world.
>>
Because he's Plasticman, but with ICE.
>>
>>84568235
I don't mind him being theoretically and occasionally very powerful when his thing is that he either chooses or subconsciously forces himself to be less so most of the time. It's the endless parade of goddesses and telekinetics that are just arbitrarily powerful all the time that's irritating.
>>
>>84568524
This. Hack writers are ruining the Marvel Universe with their power level wank.
>>
>>84557617
This is what pisses me off most. I'm fine with an established character realizing they're bi or bi-curious, but this bullshit about people just not knowing they're gay? Fucking shit it does not work that way.

I hope when Bendis finally fucks off someone with more sense will do an evil Jean story and address her mind raping people left and right. They could even have it be a story about how she didn't even realize she was abusing her powers because she doesn't have Xavier guiding her and capping her potential until she's mature enough to handle it. It could be an interesting story.

And someone will need to address the timeline... how are they not fucking up the timeline? Maybe they're really survivors from one of the dead alternate universes and they only thought they were traveling forward in their own timeline. Maybe time travel births new multiverses instead of effecting a single static timeline? Something has to be done.
>>
>>84557569
Yeah, I'm sure you know better than the people this shit happens to. Hello, actual bi person here, go fuck yourself 'supportive friend'.
>>
>>84569143
It does work that way sometimes, but it's not very common anymore since social pressures are quite different.
It doesn't make Bendis's approach less retarded though.
>>
>>84560138
However, bisexuals don't exist, so nobody noticed, least of all the progressive stack.
>>
>>84557233
It's wrong to tell someone you know their sexuality better than they do, and it's wrong to tell bi people they aren't fucking valid because you have to push your shitty agenda and call anyone who doesn't bend to your will 'homophobic'. Die in a gutter you shitty identity politic pushing faggot.

I bet you're not even one of us, I bet you're just one of those 'advocates' who has to make everyone else's struggle about yourself.
>>
>>84569201
Right so no one ever assumed that you were gay and asked you if you were before you were ready, forcing you out of the closet or to lie.

Because no well meaning straight people think they're doing their friends a favor like Jean here by confronting them.

Jean's just a 16 year old straight bitch who thinks she knows better than anyone.
>>
>>84569287
>bisexuals don't exist
Fuck off.
>>
>>84569341
Jean is a mind rapist though. If anyone is on firm ground when saying a gay guy is using the tired old bi cover, it's her.
>>
>>84569287
Troll harder.
>>
>>84569143
>And someone will need to address the timeline... how are they not fucking up the timeline? Maybe they're really survivors from one of the dead alternate universes and they only thought they were traveling forward in their own timeline. Maybe time travel births new multiverses instead of effecting a single static timeline? Something has to be done.
Battle of the Atom explicitly shows they're from 616's past. One of the O5 briefly dies, and their older self poofs out of existence until their younger self is resuscitated.
That means that if, say, Teen Cyclops gets killed, everything he's done since X-Men #8 never happened, which is a fucking LOT.
Not only that, Cable never existance since Cyclops never impregnated Madelyn, and due to his time travel shenanigans, there's no telling how much he's done.
>>
>>84569346
No, no one has a right to tell another person how to identify. I lied to my dad about my sexuality because I didn't feel he deserved to know. That's my fucking RIGHT.

>>84569402
That's the thing though, did she merely read his mind or did she manipulate his mind? Jean is pretty fucking powerful, and mostly untrained. You don't just go messing around inside people's heads without consequences.
>>
>>84568811
>>84568826
pls
>>
>>84569441
God this is fucking terrible.
>>
>>84569441
that really bothers me, time travel in marvel never works that way. fucking special snowflake bendis
>>
>>84569495
In real world? Sure, but Jean is able to look into his head and voice his thoughts and feelings for him, cutting through any doubts or lies he may tell himself.

Yeah Jean invaded his privacy she saved him some time and a couple of bad relationships with Zelda, Opal Tanaka, Polaris, Mystique and a sentient sex changing space cloud. You're welcome
>>
>>84560123
Spidery of one year went toe to toe with multiple avengers
Adult MCU Spidery will be fucking shit up hard
>>
>>84569495
She could have manipulated him, yes, though I kind of doubt it. This was probably Bendis clumsily trying to rule out a very old bit of pseudo-closeting, and it really didn't work because it of course reads like she's telling him his identity.
>>84569441
But if they're resuscitated then why would they vanish in the first place? The resuscitation also happened in the experiential past.
>>
>>84569523
Eh, Doom's time machines were always able to change the past, and Bendis has always loved abusing that fact (he used them in Age of Ultron too).
Although why Beast would use Doom's time machines instead one of literally ANY of the other ways of going to the past and not risk fucking the timeline like it was a redhead is another question.
>>
File: ifFuQol.jpg (959KB, 1499x2293px) Image search: [Google]
ifFuQol.jpg
959KB, 1499x2293px
>That time he froze hell
>>
>>84569613
Well Tyke was dead until he was revived, that healer that Bendis created can actually resurrect people

Bendis seems to only be capable of understanding time travel linearly. See also Tony Stark's bullshit position in CW2
>>
File: MN8BZx9.png (1MB, 1228x724px) Image search: [Google]
MN8BZx9.png
1MB, 1228x724px
>that time he explained his omnipresence
>>
>>84569594
She forced her way into his mind and repeatedly insisted he's gay. Who knows what she did to his sense of self. It's fucked up.

And there is no reason to turn a well established character gay. Fuck off 'advocate'.
>>
>>84569853
I was wrong. Reboot fucking Marvel. Burn it, burn it all.
>>
>>84569853
I was taking the piss earlier, but holy shit, he's basically the ice version of Swamp Thing.
>>
>>84569594
>cutting through any doubts or lies he may tell himself
or maybe she's cutting out any truth and personality and telling him what she wants him to know
>>
>>84569896
depending on your belief, he could have still been forming his sexual identity and she basically cut off his development.
>>
File: Eh6tez6.jpg (469KB, 976x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Eh6tez6.jpg
469KB, 976x1500px
>>84569892
>>84569893

Iceman is strong as shit
>>
>>84569954
Are you saying Swamp Thing isn't?
>>
>>84569853
>every time you use a water based lube, you're having sex with Bobby
>>
>>84569856
Or she gave voice to the most honest and deeply buried parts of his psyche that wanted to honestly come out but were repressed because they grew up in the 60s

People come out late in life. I mean did anyone have this much anger when Karma came out? She was a well established character of 20~ years before she did. Or when Northstar let it slip that he fucked Hercules, at his funeral so he couldn't deny it, even though Hercules has said that he doesn't swing that way?
>>
File: 1392176-959042_iceman20rs_super.jpg (134KB, 573x909px) Image search: [Google]
1392176-959042_iceman20rs_super.jpg
134KB, 573x909px
>>84569972
Nah im agreeing with you, you compared him to swamp thing and im like yeah hes strong as shit

Also heres him reforming himself from the water in someones body (the blue stuff floating around in the last panel is him)
>>
>>84569986
Jesus, think of all the shower heads bobby has been through. He is definately not gay to have literally licked that much pussy
>>
>>84570040
Pan is the only answer when you've felt up everyone in the world.
>>
>>84570021
Northstar was gay since day one, herc was always bi. And claremont had all the female x men a little bi. When they are that way since creation it's good not when its hamfisted retconning
>>
>>84570040
oh god, all the people that use those asshole washers
>>
>>84570040
>>84570063
This is actually a really good point.
>>
File: 1066989-xmen2020011ef3.jpg (576KB, 1280x1986px) Image search: [Google]
1066989-xmen2020011ef3.jpg
576KB, 1280x1986px
>when he learned how to stop Heat
>>
>>84569954
Yeah, and it's fucking stupid.
>>
>>84570183
I enjoy it, I like overpowered characters sometimes
>>
>>84569853
>>84569954
>>84570110
I hate Marvel so much. They've really ruined everything I loved about it. This power creep/ favorite character wank is the sort of shit editorial interference should rightfully rein in.
>>
>>84570263
The only reason he got that strong is because someone introduced him to something from Apokalips that boosted his powers to that level. He normally isnt like that because hes afraid he will kill everyone so he limits himself so that he doesnt. So while he isnt normally at that level, he can reach it if he decided to just cut loose
>>
>>84570252
But it seems like any character who is ether popular, or was on the original tea line up with characters who are popular, gets the OP treatment. This isn't a case of characters who were designed to be that way and are well balanced, this is a case of A listers having to be the most powerful because too many writers don't care about character development as much as boosting their pet character's stats.
>>
>>84570296
That doesn't make this shit any better anon. 'This character is world-breakingly op, but it's ok because he limits himself' is just such a cop out.
>>
>>84570296
It didn't boost his powers, it just made him an asshole.
>>
>>84570375
Depends on how it's written. A good writer could explore this well. They just haven't put anyone good on X-Men titles for a long ass time
>>
>>84570423
If it were a rare phenomenon, and the whole point of the character, that would be one thing, but how many Omega level and potentially Omega level characters are there at this point? It's just plain wank, anon. Like when writers liked Wolverine so much that they ruined him by making him immortal and always in the right.
>>
>>84570560
Wolverine is an example of it done wrong just cause hes popular. Dsrk pheonix is done right. It is all about shitty writers
>>
File: uTbp3QT.jpg (483KB, 976x1500px) Image search: [Google]
uTbp3QT.jpg
483KB, 976x1500px
Yeah i kinda agree with you guys on bobby being just super boosted to a high level, but i still enjoy other OP characters especially ones that are OP for good reasons

Also
>He scares Thor
>>
>>84570594
Phoenix was a cosmic force, an outside source of power. That's not the same as repeatedly leveling up and inventing new powers to make a character better than other characters. There is no good way to do that.
>>
File: dw7arWs.jpg (448KB, 976x1500px) Image search: [Google]
dw7arWs.jpg
448KB, 976x1500px
Also I think he likes Mystique

Either that or hes horny as shit
>>
>>84570621
Cause thor fights the cold all the time and has seen what iceman can do. He's one of the few that actually understand how powerful he is and what that could do. And as i mentioned earlier he had to fight frost giants powered up by bobby
>>
>>84570655
Kek, thats pretty funny.
>>84570644
Yes like i said, one is an example of good writing
>>
File: mVe3uO1.jpg (602KB, 976x1500px) Image search: [Google]
mVe3uO1.jpg
602KB, 976x1500px
>>84570671
He actually fought bobby at one point, Though the picture shows bobby surrounding him in ice, he did break out and smash bobby to pieces al though that didnt really do much
>>
>>84570621
This is cringey as fuck.

Is it cannon yet that mutants are just new gods or something? They might as well go that rout so that the OP characters actually make fucking sense. I know the Phoenix Five thing had to do with saving mutants because they're somehow necessary in the cosmic scheme of things... but honestly, it just doesn't come off coherent much of the time and man do I miss the days when mutants were mostly street-level and just trying to control themselves and live like fucking human beings. This shit isn't relateable. Cosmic and mystical characters were already so abundant, why are they taking all the street level supers in ether a mystical or cosmic direction?
>>
>>84570700
Oh, I get what you meant, now. I agree.
>>
File: nLzVsVQ.jpg (560KB, 976x1500px) Image search: [Google]
nLzVsVQ.jpg
560KB, 976x1500px
Also as people have said before, He has covered the entire world in winter once
>>
>>84570760
This was after Thor's freakout.
>>
File: 3585099-2902613460-hercn.jpg (106KB, 444x800px) Image search: [Google]
3585099-2902613460-hercn.jpg
106KB, 444x800px
>>84570075
>Herc was always bi
Nope
>>
File: cCNufKL.jpg (573KB, 976x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cCNufKL.jpg
573KB, 976x1500px
>>84570833
Nah that was before this is the next page

>HAVE AT THEE!!
>>
>>84570900
Technically he was turning one dude down, but I never really followed this character.

I have to say I'm much more open to established characters being a little bi eventually than this full orientation switch nonsense we see sometimes. Hell, I'd like to see the topic of non romantic sexual experimentation, for example. Once it becomes more socially acceptable, you'll find some straight people enjoying casual gay sex just because it can feel good, but they don't feel anything more about it, and can't manage a same sex romance.

There's a theory that there's really three types of love/attraction, and that people will often experience only one or two elements of it most of the time. Might explain a lot if it's right.
>>
>>84570900
He just doesn't like bathroom sex. He prefers to break beds
>>
>>84571036
That's two dudes he's turning down, the guy following him into the bathroom and Alexander the Great
Thread posts: 236
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.