[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how will Rich Johnston respond to Tom Brevoort now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10

File: 1468380557074.jpg (383KB, 1137x2056px) Image search: [Google]
1468380557074.jpg
383KB, 1137x2056px
So how will Rich Johnston respond to Tom Brevoort now?
>>
>>84456675
Didn't he already?
>I get to spoil it on muh turmz
>>
>>84456675
lol who cares?
>>
>>84456675
he should ask him about that uncharted territory line.
>>
>>84456735
Everyone on Bleeding Cool, I'd bet
>>
Journalists shouldn't be a PR machine for a business. Nothing Johnston has done is unethical or particularly scandalous.

I hate to say it, but I'm supporting Rich Johnston on this.
>>
Entertainment should also be in quotes in Brevoort's post.

And experience.
>>
>>84456675
I'm really disappointed to see how much of a shill Shalvey is.
>>
>>84456675

I still don't get how BC running that info 2 days early really does anything to "spoil" entertainment?

like Marvel was going to announce the books in a couple days anyway, plus none of them are really spoilers about any current storyarcs, except maybe that everyone assumed something bad would happen to Hawkeye thanks to Civil War 2?
>>
>>84456675
If Marvel didn't want this stuff spoiled maybe they should've announced it before retailors got preview catalog with all the material in it

But they're stupid enough to get made at a news site for breaking news
>>
>>84456847

nah, Shalvey was mad because one of his friends is working on one of the new books, and was really looking forward to telling everyone and BleedingCool kinda knocked the wind out of his sails.

that I can understand, having to stay quiet on a book for so long and then someone else ruins the surprise.
>>
Rich is a fucking worm but what he's doing isn't particularly heinous. I hate his guts but in principle I have to agree with him on this point. If you don't want to be spoiled avoid media that spoils you and considering the big two's fetish for getting headlines that's kind of difficult at this point.

broken clocks etc...
>>
>>84456916
>considering the big two's fetish for getting headlines that's kind of difficult at this point.

its mostly Marvel and its Disney synergy.
almost all of their wider media headlines are done through abc or one of its affiliates which are Disney owned.

shocked WB doesn't do it more honestly.
>>
Why are the Marvel guys such fucking babies? DC Rebirth with Manhattan being spoiled was a much bigger deal but I don't think a single DC person bitched about it.
>>
>>84457069

too be fair, a lot of DC writers/editors aren't very active on social media.
>>
Dan Slott announced when the new Alex Ross poster was coming out, while I had been looking forward to it being a surprise.

He ruined my expectations for Wednesday. Now all I have to look forward to are overpriced books I'll either trade wait or download because they aren't worth the money under the current business model monthly floppies suffer from.

What a clickbait retweet-hungry asshole.
>>
>>84457194
That's not true. I almost exclusively follow DC creators on twitter and a lot of them post daily or at least a few times a week. They're just not divas.
>>
>>84456675
>This is Uncharted territory for us.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH....oh wow...WHAHAHAHAHAHWHHWHAHAW
>>
>>84457346
He couldn't have said that with a straight face. Could he?
>>
>>84456675
Is Brevoort seriously trying to say nobody expected Hulk to die in issue 3? This was very clearly telegraphed in #2.
Still, Brevoort and the rest of Marvel getting upset about all these leaks makes think there may be some validity to what Rich said. Most people just write off everything be says, but I now I actually have faith Nova could come back
>>
>>84458038
>Is Brevoort seriously trying to say nobody expected Hulk to die in issue 3?

No, I think he was upset with Rich "leaking" the number of new titles and creative teams from the catalog, not about the Hulk reveal.
>>
>>84457194
Johns and Lee aren't, and Didio got rid of his altogether, but other than that, they're pretty active as far as I can tell.

Most just don't throw fits and split a rant into 30 tweets every other day.
>>
>>84457346
>Uncharted
>>
>>84458121
Oh, so anon WASN'T making an Uncharted joke on purpose?
>>
>>84456675
Is posting solicitations a day or two before they're officially released considered a spoiler? Is this how far the concept of spoilers has devolved?
>>
>>84458154
It's a reference to Bendis claiming killing Hulk is Uncharted Territory for Marvel.
>>
>>84458087
I like to imagine that DC has a hip, young intern who reads every tweet before it's posted to let them know if the Twitter game is good.
>>
>>84458217
Well if it is, then they have no real defense for the Civil War II spoilers.
>>
>>84458087
>Didio got rid of his altogether
Oh shit when/why did this happen?
>>
>>84458326
Same one who makes the emoji recaps, I imagine.
>>
In general, I'm a bit worried for Marvel as an institution. It feels like the whole company, at least the comic book company, is spiraling out of control. Nobody seems to be in charge any more. There's almost no editorial authority, and nothing makes any sense. There are relaunches every few months.
>>
>>84458352
Back in April I think
No reason given, nobody really noticed.
>>
>>84458361
I wonder when it started happening.
>>
>>84456675
I don't know how there are people that are still using BleedingCool
The only comicbook news site that is approved by ALL of /co/ is ComicsAlliance
>>
>>84456675
>Marble loves to dish out the bantz
>but they can handle it when it's on them

what cucks
>>
>>84456675

brevoort's right tbf
>>
Who's doing the art on solo?
>>
>>84458998
> A news site shouldn't report the news
>>
>>84458998
How?
>>
>Oh no! Marvel got beaten to the clickbait punch!
Serves them right, fucking assholes. I love how salty everyone is because their new method of making money was fucked with
>>
>>84459024
>>84459027
>>84459102

Actually I fucked up. He's right in that Marvel releasing spoilers is different from Bleeding Cool scooping them.

I'm iffy on it personally, probably cause I don't like Jonston much, but I think I'd call BleedingCool in the clear reporting the scoop
>>
>>84457069
Johns did subtly mention the ongoing spoilers of the book:

https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/734756241763926016

But yeah, beyond that, DC was pretty quiet about Rebirth spoilers. I suppose it was because they knew it was going to happen anyway and, if anything, it would actually help readership to know what's happening in advance (making the $3 for ~70 pages of content even MORE worth it).
>>
>>84456675
It's not Rich Johnston's job to keep Marvel's secrets for them. No one gives a fuck about Marvel's terms.
>>
>>84456675
OIC
they're going to get rid of deadpool
that's why they're doing the deadpool spinoffs, to see who can be made into a movie franchise
>>
>>84459144
DC also pays their writers well (better than the artists). Marvel pays their artists more.

DC values the story more.

Not that it means their stories will be better.
>>
>>84459448
Madcap will return to fight Deadpool once more, but the Deadpool 2099 story has to be finished also
>>
>>84458352
Remember BERGANZA RAPES EVERYONE IN DC titles from few months ago?
>DiDio tweets how he's drinking wine or somesuch
>people go full THAT'S ALL NICE, BUT YOU'RE PROMOTING RAPE CULTURE DIDIO!
And he deleted his twitter.
>>
>>84456675
God this industry is really run by a bunch of manchildren
>>
>>84459617
I was a nerd growing up, and still am, but some of the shit that goes on between comic book writers and artists honestly makes me want to give them wedgies and stuff them into lockers. It's heady stuff, isn't it? I'm actually kind of awed at seeing the true power of turbo nerds given authority and a media platform.
>>
>>84457194
Some are but they are probably told by the higher ups not to engage in shit flinging twitter fights and to not feed trolls.

I mean Johns gets some nasty shit on twitter and I mean people talking shit about his dead sister bad but he just blocks people and moves on.

But yeah social media is a portal to let people spew their trash and hate on you and it's important to put a distance on that, something Slott and Waid should really learn.
>>
>>84459761
>he just blocks people and moves on.
That's because DC have grown up working for them whereas Marvel have man children.

When they're not literally getting into days long twitter fights with journalists they're talking cheap/borderline nasty pot shots at DC. Meanwhile the DC guys never get into arguments and are always super nice about Marvel stuff.
>>
>>84459761
Speaking of Johns' twitter, does anybody have Night of 1000 Bo Duke's screencapped?
>>
>>84458352
>>84459598
Probably got fed up with all the crap he got, people really hated that man to the point of bullying him but none of them would ever dare fight him IRL since Didio is king of a scary guy in person.

I think he used to work in a debt collection agency too.
>>
>>84459946
I think comic book writers are made immensely better if they've had to work another job at some point in their lives. All the greats did.
>>
>>84459946
>Didio is king of a scary guy in person
Someone post the DC creators vs Marvel creators pic. All the DC guys are buff as fuck while the Marvel guys are fat as fuck.
>>
>>84458417
Probably with Alonso, under Quesada it wasn't that great towards the end but not as bad as it is right now and stuff like Annihilation was made under his tenure as EiC.

Also Quesada had Bendis on a leash, Alonso just let him run out.
>>
>>84459917
Quesads has been butthurt with DC because they cancelled Azrael or some dumb shit and ever since then he gets triggered by them.

Also most of the Marvel group now is composed by a bunch of Quesada buddies (he guy who wrote Black Knight was his High School friend so that should tell you something) and people who have an axe tongrind with DC like Waid and Spencer so they just pile on the hate.
>>
>>84460097
I know about Waid's undying hatred for Bob Harras, but what's up with Spencer?
>>
>>84460126
Supergirl.
>>
>>84460135
What, he just doesn't like her? Or did they screw him out of writing her?
>>
>>84460126
he was going to take over Supergirl then New 52 happened and he didn't
>>
>>84460154
Ouch.
>>
File: 3410595-7050143858-dan-d.jpg (73KB, 324x441px) Image search: [Google]
3410595-7050143858-dan-d.jpg
73KB, 324x441px
>>84459946
Yeah Didio is kind of scary, he has a really commanding voice and he tends to raise it and gets loud during panels in a very sudden and quick way that scares the shit out of you necause you're not expecting it.

He has an evil laugh and his smiles are also creepy, like he squints and just bares his teeth and it's like he's gleeful but grimacing at the same time.
>>
>>84459927
>>
>>84458087
Morrison and Moore aren't on Twitter and they're honestly the only creators I'd follow.
>>
>>84460151
Berganza fired him

https://twitter.com/nickspencer/status/751218960972943364

https://twitter.com/nickspencer/status/751221529623474176
>>
>>84460151
Latter. He was supposed to write it, DC rebooted and he's permasalty now.
>>
File: Rock Solid.jpg (129KB, 997x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Rock Solid.jpg
129KB, 997x1005px
>>84460185
Bless you anon.
>>
File: Dan_DiDio.jpg (9KB, 294x378px) Image search: [Google]
Dan_DiDio.jpg
9KB, 294x378px
>>84460175
>>
File: IMG_04951.jpg (1012KB, 2114x1832px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_04951.jpg
1012KB, 2114x1832px
>>84460228
>>
Didio will always be my hero for keeping Weird Western Tales running as long as he did.
>>
>>84460175
I talk to Dan often because I live near Burbank and go to cons here etc, but each time I see him he's always really nice to fans.
>>
>>84459024
Johnston likes to have to it both ways. He'll be the first to say he's not a journalist and that Bleeding Cool isn't a news site when he's called out on how lazy and unprofessional he is.

But then he'll run and hide behind that he's just "reporting news" every time he's confronted with one of these situations where he's basically just a gossip monger.
>>
>>84460286
My basic take on it is this:
Rich is a faggot, but holy shit it's funny to watch how pissed Marvel employees get at him.
>>
>>84460282
Oh no, he's nice even nicer than Quesada and anyone at Marvel, but he's that guy you don't want to piss off is all I am saying.
>>
>>84460273
And Blue Beetle, and Jonah Hex, and probably one or two I'm forgetting.
>>
>>84460312
Rich is good when he's exposing dirty dealings in the industry like the harassment and the behind the scenes muck that should be brought to light.

He's REALLY annoying when he's just trying to start shit, though. From posting spoilers he got from 4chan to twitter fights to running that Manara/Frank Cho Spider-woman sketch thing until it caught fire each time.

Marvel just needs to stop getting all assblasted when the gossip site posts gossip like solicits that are in the public's hands days before they're official.
I mean, THEY KNOW someone is going to do it at this point. Start being smarter about it.

Although I have to believe that if the news was received more positively, they'd be less angry that it was leaked.
>>
>>84456801

Same and it makes me sick
>>
>>84459493

If that means by contrast that Marvel values art more I wouldn't believe it seeing things like squirrel girl
>>
>>84460373
For me it's mainly just funny because Slott always takes the bait. Always. And he just makes everything worse.
Like when he spouted off about how "comic news sites exist to sell our product, and if they don't do what we tell them to do they should be shut down" which is fucking hilarious, because it makes Slott look like an ass and somehow makes Rich look more like an actual journalist and not a paid shitposter.
>>
>>84460400
I've found that overall Marvel story quality is a bell curve and DC's is a flat line. Like, DC has a lot more objectively impressive shit, but also a lot more objectively garbage shit.
>>
>>84460408
Slott searches his name constantly and picks fights with everyone.
To the point where other pros and critics are constantly subtweeting about him or preemptively blocking /muting him.

He needs his twitter taken away.
>>
>>84460206
Morrison has a twitter, he just doesn't use it often
>>
File: 10000 hours in Paint.jpg (94KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
10000 hours in Paint.jpg
94KB, 640x480px
>>84460515
>read Arkham Asylum: Hell on Earth
>oh boy this is good
>real good
>read other Slott stuff
>mfw
How does this happen?
>>
>>84458352
It was during that recent Shelley Bond/Eddie Berganza shitstorm, iirc. Obviously there is something there that he really doesn't wanna talk about.
>>
>>84460538
Fuck, I modified that image for /his/.
Ah well, you get my point.
>>
Marvel clearly only gives a shit as it cuts into their margin
>>
>>84459963
You mean outside of writing comics, or outside of writing in general?
>>
>>84460007
It was definitely under Alonso, but I wonder when during his tenure it turned out that way. Because even during something like Superior Spider-Man or whatever, it seemed like they had control of the public narrative since it didn't harm sales.

This year it seemed like something went very wrong and they come off like they're scrambling.
>>
>>84460584
Comics writing. Writers in general are a mixed bag; on one hand, you have Meiville's Dial H, on the other, Jodi Picoult's WW.
>>
>>84459493
>Not that it means their stories will be better.

Must jut be coincidence then
>>
>>84460478
I really dont think you've read the worst shit Marvel has released. I don't think any DC book is worse than Trouble... Really I think DC has a lot more solid books than Marvel. Like right now there isnt a single bad DC book coming out.
>>
>>84460175

Didio kept All Star Western alive for years. I don't care what else he did that's enough for me to like the guy
>>
>>84460670

I mostly agree with you but JL was pretty bad. I'm really looking forward to this weeks new stuff (I don't think Vendetti's GL was bad just his Flash)
>>
>>84460286
That's a pretty good assessment of what he does. That being said, I think he's more in the right with this situation.
>>
>>84460726
eh I didnt think JL was bad... well it really depends where the arc goes. I thought giving Barry the lightning throwing power from the show was fucking retarded though. I really dont understand why DC keeps Finch around.
>>
>>84460800
>I thought giving Barry the lightning throwing power from the show was fucking retarded though.
Aaah, thats what was happening. I didn't get by Barry was waving his hands like an idiot.
>>
>>84460865
*didn't get why
>>
>>84460800
>I really dont understand why DC keeps Finch around.
He's a writer and an artist so they only need to pay one guy.
>>
File: 1468022003397.jpg (64KB, 850x910px) Image search: [Google]
1468022003397.jpg
64KB, 850x910px
>>84460185
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.