[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel show coming to Fox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: marvel-logo-wallpaper.jpg (76KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-logo-wallpaper.jpg
76KB, 670x377px
>Fox is entering the Marvel universe.

>The network has made a put pilot commitment for a new Marvel action-adventure series, hailing from writer Matt Nix, Variety has learned exclusively.

>The untitled series will focus on two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

>20th Century Fox Television and Marvel Television will co-produce the series with 20th handling physical production. Nix will serve as exec producer with Bryan Singer, Lauren Shuler Donner, Simon Kinberg, plus Marvel’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory.
>>
CONFIRMED FOX SOLD THE RIGHTS BACK TO MARVEL FOR GALACTUS AND SILVER SURFER FOR X-MEN SHOW
>>
File: fox-tv-logo.jpg (22KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
fox-tv-logo.jpg
22KB, 670x377px
>The project would mark the first Marvel series at Fox, which has had success in the comic book genre with “Gotham” and “Lucifer,” both of which hail from DC Comics. The network recently put a “Hellfire” series from Marvel into development, but Variety has learned that project is no longer moving forward.

>Loeb, Marvel’s head of television, added: “Marvel Television is thrilled to be co-producing with 20th Century Fox Television on our first project. Matt’s a huge fan of ‘X-Men’ and his take on the ‘X-Men’ universe, with its rich characters and high-stakes adventure, is exactly the show we want on Fox. It’s a great team of creative producers who will be making something entirely unique.”

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/marvel-fox-series-matt-nix-pilot-commmitment-1201812851/
>>
>>84447488
No Kang or Skrulls?
>>
Also this:

>FX has ordered comic book drama “Legion” to series, Variety has learned. The show hails from FX Productions and Marvel Television, and the eight-episode first season will debut on FX in early 2017 with “Fargo” boss Noah Hawley executive producing. The news was announced by Nick Grad and Eric Schrier, Presidents of Original Programming, FX Networks and FX Productions.

>“Legion” centers around David Haller (“Downton Abbey” alum Dan Stevens); since he was a teenager, David has struggled with mental illness. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.

>In Marvel Comics canon, David Haller is Professor Charles Xavier’s mutant son.

>“Marvel Television is thrilled to not only have our first partnership with FX go to series, but working with the enormously talented Noah Hawley makes it even better,” said executive producer and Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb. “From the first time we heard Noah’s vision to his exceptional script and cast through the extraordinary filming of the pilot, we knew the series would be incredible.”

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/legion-series-fx-dan-stevens-marvel-1201785972/
>>
>>84447464
Hopefully this means X-Men stop getting shafted in comics and merch
>>
>>84447607
You'll have to wait for the 2017 relaunch before there are any X-Men comics. Make sure to buy X-Men #1, coming September 2017!
>>
File: AAARRRGGGHHHH.png (330KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
AAARRRGGGHHHH.png
330KB, 400x301px
Morlocks instead of Hellfire Club?
I cant' take this shit anymore.
>>
>>84447488
sauce?
>>
>>84447654
His ass.
>>
File: Muties out.png (271KB, 675x223px) Image search: [Google]
Muties out.png
271KB, 675x223px
>>84447464
>>84447500
>>84447605
>>
>>84447665
smells bad
>>
What the fuck is going on. Movies are getting better, we get tv shows, I won't be surprised if there's going to be a cartoon soon, only comics are missing.
>>
>>84447673
It reminds me of the "Primus sucks" motto
>>
File: D.png (113KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
D.png
113KB, 320x240px
>Marvel has to outsource to Fox after the AoS fiasco
>>
>>84447786
What do you mean? What fiasco?
>>
>>84447805
>implying Agents of SHIT wasn't a fiasco
>>
>>84447835
>memes
ok
>>
>>84447488
No, this confirms that Marvel is co-producing a show which FOX own the rights to, as per their existing contract agreement.

The way that they're listed as production partners on the movies.

It also confirms that, so long as this series continues, Marvel will not recover the rights, even if FOX stops making X-Men movies.

Every time you repeat something stupid, even as a joke, Jeph Loeb's power grows. Soon he will be your overlord. Do you want that, little man?

>>84447500
>The project would mark the first Marvel series at Fox

Other than the failed pilot tv movie "Generation X" from 1996, which convinced executives that a tv show was not the best way to exploit these rights and led to the development of the X-Men movies.
>>
>>84447855
Get off the Internet, Coulson.
>>
File: 13690284751.jpg (50KB, 562x250px) Image search: [Google]
13690284751.jpg
50KB, 562x250px
>>84447464
>>The untitled series will focus on two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.
So let me get this straight. They're finally going all-out on X-Men TV shows. And they're doing some completely OC garbage?
Are you fucking kidding me? They could literally do whatever the fuck they want, but they decide to go with bumfuck nobodies and go all Agents of Shield with this for not fucking reason at all?
God, fuck these guys, seriously.

Still holding out hope for Legion though.
>>
>>84447500
>The network recently put a “Hellfire” series from Marvel into development, but Variety has learned that project is no longer moving forward.
That's what I thought. This is their backup plan as they couldn't get any decent showrunners and writers behind that idea.
>>
>>84447986

It's running head first into the same problem as Agents of SHIELD, and there is nothing they can do about it. If you want to set a show in the same universe as a movie series, it needs to be mostly OCs and D-listers because the big hitters are saved for the movies.
>>
>>84447857
Well then, then why marvel agreed for doing the show?
>>
>>84448320
They get a cut of that ad money
>>
>>84447986
>>84448265

The problem is definitely that FOX still hasn't committed to a proper reboot of the movies or to a dedicated tv universe instead of more movies. They can't really call it "the X-Men" unless it's full of the X-Men you know and presumably somebody loves, but they can make it a fairly standard action-adventure series that touches on things you're familiar with.

I guess the idea behind this approach is to see how it plays with audiences and if it survives (most new shows don't), then later they can introduce the actual X-Men as this "mutant underground", which should be relatively simple as the movies are already running on what are now tv-tier effects, developed 16 years ago. The buildup to that can take as little or as long as they want, as long as audiences are hooked.

It sounds more like Smallville or Gotham than OC Garbage Show. An attempt to use the same rights in a less immediately recognizable way that makes you excited about the powers and the drama that goes with them, rather than the lazy trade on star power and shitty fanservice the movies have been. On the other hand, it's Loeb and Singer, which is like the notes from hell for whichever poor bastards end up writing and directing.
>>
>>84448400
I thought that they have vehemence towards x-men money, hence no cartoons, shitty comics, no marketing, no toys, no inclusion in games, etc.?

What made them change their minds?
>>
>>84447857
nice source, not!
>>
>>84448320
>>84448456

Fox is making the show. Marvel is attached to it as a formality.
>>
>>84448456
Probably a crossover deal later in the future.
>>
>>84448477
That's not what is written in the article
>>
>>84448515
>>20th Century Fox Television and Marvel Television will co-produce the series with 20th handling physical production.
>>
>>84448554
yes, CO-PRODUCE
>>
>>84448320
Because the show is about the core story of the X-Men (mutants in hiding, the world that hates and fears them) and they don't really have a contractually valid reason to try and veto it.

It's an X-Men show, FOX owns the right to make an X-Men show. Marvel could only object if FOX were doing something weird, just like with the movies - if Marvel had an automatic and unquestioned veto, neither Days of Future Past nor Apocalypse would have been made in any form that included Quickburger. They would have just shut down production.

>>84448400
I don't know what they get, but basically yes, they'll get payments. With the movies it's built into the budget as "story rights" - about 10% of the budget goes to Marvel, because the idea is that FOX licensed the X-Men to make movies but then has to pay an additional sum (on top of the original payment for the rights) each time they make a movie. After that, all profits from the movies go to FOX - Marvel doesn't get any other cut.

With tv shows it's probably a payment based on show runtime, season length, network and viewer figures - all of which will factor into the budget, but making it less of a direct relationship. It probably isn't the advertising because that goes to the network, not the production company(ies) - even if FOX is both network and producer, only the network portion would actually get ad money directly, and would then use that to pay for more shows to be made. It's a good way of limiting liability and spreading financial risk.
>>
>>84448461
Everybody knows Jeph Loeb's power is in inverse proportion to the general intelligence of the populace at large, anon.

>>84448580
Anon, have you ever actually looked at the credits of the existing X-Men movies? Specifically, the production companies and named producers involved.

This is how it is. Someone's name is on the contract, so they're a co-producer. Doesn't mean they actually do anything.
>>
>>84448587
>have a contractually valid reason to try and veto it.
not true. Brevoort confirmed on formspring that marvel actually HAS to agree on tv show. Marvel just can't make a rip-off tv show on their own
>>
>>84448320
Hellfire fell through. Fox got a comitment to produce two mutant series. Legion for FX isn't connected the the X-men movies, but Hellfire was suppose to be. Now that Hellfire is canned, this is the replacement show. We still don't officially know what FOX offered to Marvel to suddenly get these mutant-related shows approved
>>
>>84448632
Yes, which is why Loeb himself is interviewed for the show.

>>84448587
You are a very uninformed person. It was explained in great detail on complex (yup) thread. Educate yourself first, before repeating the same ol arguments
>>
>>84448580
>with 20th handling physical production.
with 20th handling physical production.
>>
>>84448656
Yeah, it's really interesting. Obviously, it could be related to perlmutter not longer being part of MCU

>>84448699
Jesus, calm down
>>
>>84448265
Yeah, if they're gonna do that then they have to move out of their comfort zone for once and not do some boring-ass run-of-the-mill formula. Maybe even try to adapt a comic for once. Instead of just neuter everything that made them unique in the first place.

Just give me fucking X-Factor already, fuck.

>>84448265
The movie people are about as relevant as executive producer Stan Lee or whatever title they give him these days.
Loeb might run some interference, but Netflix is still doing fine, so I assume he keeps a low profile and just lets the actually talented showrunners do their work these days.
>>
>>84447944
I think you mean Daisy, she's the one who's been bitching off. Coulson is just a passive beta who cries himself to sleep every night because none of his heroes will degrade themselves by appearing on his show.
>>
>>84448717
He's still connected to the TV side of things regardless. Loeb is in charge of the TV division of Marvel, but Perlmutter is still over him. Meanwhile Marvel Animation has gotten better under Stephen Wacker since Loeb is full-time on all Live Action titles. So busy in fact he didn't touch Jessica Jones during production because he was off working on the Powers TV series for Playstation Network.
>>
>>84448717
>Obviously, it could be related to perlmutter not longer being part of MCU
Is he really that desperate for more influence over pop culture?
>>
>>84447986
the morlocks were the worst part of claremont x-men and i am sure we womt evem see Caliban.
>>
>>84447464

>children possess mutant powers

>Bryan Singer

Well, this is gonna run into some trouble.
>>
>>84449020
>the worst part of claremont x-men
Eh, I hate this Adversary arc I'm stuck on, but whatever. That storytime is slowly catching up to me now.

But yeah, Callisto, Calliban, Skin, Healer and Marrow (had a cameo in Deadpool!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST LIKE THE MOVIES!!!!!!!) weren't exactly the characters I was hoping for.

If they even do any of these.

The pitch sounds so generic, i wouldn't be surprised if it was all OCs and maybe a few shadows of Sentinels around a corner or something if we get really lucky. Basically after reading the premise I now have constant flashbacks to the Caprica scenes in Battlestar Galactica.

I don't know. I don't even necessarily hate the formula itself. It's just I'm so tired of comic-book "inspired" shows and movies that have jackshit to do with the comics. This is just disappointing to me.
>>
>>84449375
leave twinkino to him
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.