[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dan Slott's Reacts to BleedingCool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 524
Thread images: 52

File: image.png (35KB, 270x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35KB, 270x225px
Get ready to laugh.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/135760-thanks-to-rich-johnston-only-10-of-cbr-readers-excited-for-marvel-now.html
>>
>>84440943
>linking directly to that shithole
>>
>>84440943
>theouthousers
leave
>>
>>84440943
why does Slutt cares anyways?
>>
Shame on Dan Slott.

And shame to Outhousers, for oppressing free journalism and can't stand criticism about Marvel's crap.

I' m done with Marvel, their fascistic methods, and their butt kissing lackies.

SHAME.
>>
>>84440943
If people aren't excited for Marvel's books, isn't that their fault for making such uninteresting books?

I mean, you can't really force Normies to be excited for the Solo solo (heh). And some of the cover are just plain dumb (like Medusa cutting her hair).

Even if Rich was sucking their dicks calling the covers the greatest covers ever conceived by man, would everyone still be excited for this relaunch?
>>
>>84441146
I don't think even comic fans are excited about the relaunch. Nothing except renew your vows and Ewing's two books sound exciting. Looks like Marvel wants even Seeley to be DC exclusive now.
>>
>>84441197
From what I've seen it's only been Renew Your Vows.
After that I think Marvel's sales will tnak.
>>
>>84441008
Actually the article tears into marvel pretty good.
>>
File: image.png (82KB, 635x905px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
82KB, 635x905px
>>84441197
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=443&view=results&msg=voted
>>
/co/ defends Rich now? Dudes a jackass, he's wrong all the time and adamant about being wrong.

I don't like Slott either but still.
>>
>>84441249
If it's so good then copy and paste it here.
>>
File: image.png (93KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
93KB, 640x1136px
Even the ComicsAlliance people are mad at Marvel
>>
>>84441271
Because Slot is a bitch, and if he feels bad, I get happy.
>>
>>84440943
Dan tried... even if his writing isn't the best, he tried to salvage the falling kingdom in a failed attempt to save it. This... wasn't the plan.
>>
>>84441291
What does that even mean?
>>
>>84441249
They must be on strike against Marvel or something.
>>
>>84441304
Gays want a Gay pandering comic
>>
>>84441336
Their demand is unreasonable considering DC delivered with Midnighter and the floppy, digital, and trade sales weren't there to sustain it. Marvel already has enough low-sellers subsidized by Star Wars.
>>
I used to post on the outhouse when it was a liferaft from talk@newsarama after they switched board software.
>>
>>84441271
Rich can be very annoying (and that is very much An understatement). But Marvel is blaming Rich for taking the piss out of the books saying they are losing billions of potential fans because he mocked some of their terrible covers and book ideas. Shit, it's not like Rich hasn't given the same treatment to DC comics before. But some people can't take the bantz.
>>
>>84441363
but Midnighter wasn't announced on the View, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>84441404
The upcoming mini was announced on the New York Times, not that it's going to make much difference sales-wise.
>>
>>84441197
Well, what did they expect?
Splastick? Solo? Foolkiller? Squirrel Girl and Hellcat are still cancelled? 2 Spider-man books, 2 Thor, 2 Capt. America books, 2 Iron-man books?
Do they want to fail? Do they want us to hate them? Do they simply not care?
>>
>>84441363
>DC delivered with Midnighter and the floppy, digital, and trade sales weren't there to sustain it
That's true, but at the same time they still let the book run 12 issues and are now giving him another mini.
>>
>>84441382
Rich is annoying and 95% of the stuff on Bleeding Cool is pointless filler with no news.

BUT it's almost the only comic site what has actual comics news. Everything else is regurgitated press releases + petulant politicized criticism, a weird co-dependent relationship with the big two.

If you actually want to get some news that the companies don't want you to know - i.e. actual news - BC is the only place at the moment.
>>
>>84441426
Companies aren't obligated to take a loss on specific pet projects. They already have Hellcat and Moon Girl taking up space in that niche.
>>
>>84441426
Yeah but the LGBT community doesn't care unless one of the big names turns out to be gay.
It's not that they want some newcomer to be gay, it's that they want one of the big names to be gay.
>>
>>84441438
Thanks for sharing, Rich. Now fuck off
>>
>>84441450
It's not really the LGBT community as a whole, it's a small subset of very vocal people on social media. They either hate something or don't care about it.
>>
>>84441482
>It's not really the LGBT community as a whole

stating that there is a "community" based on what people do with their genitals in the first place is retarded
>>
>>84441482
True.
>>
>>84441450
Gay people are a very small minority, meanwhile people who hate gays are a big majority.

Most gays want to make a straight hero gay out of spite.
>>
>>84441508
what? but there are. fetishists hang together.
>>
>>84441425
Not everybody is a characterfag. They don't have many writers worth checking out.
>>
>>84441363
For some reason DC doesn't count to Comics Alliance.
>>
>>84441363
Either Midnighter/Apollo aren't gay enough, or they weren't going to buy it >>84441363
anyway and just wanted it to exist. In a lot of these cases, people will do anything to have X in these comics, but stop short of actually purchasing them.
>>
>>84441533
This. They have Ewing and Spencer (though the later is merely "okay" in my book), and I'm willing to check out the guys writing Slapstick, but that's about it.
>>
>>84441363
marvel shills everything so it's not really unreasonable for people to ask them to shill a gay character

and anyway the mercs from the deadpool book got ongoings that will last for 6 or 7 issues yet they can't be half assed to let a gay character that'll last 6 or 7 issues again

then again even when angela got one, alonso couldn't even say she was gay and just said "we don't want to put labels on her" so maybe they really wouldn't shill a gay character for whatever reson
>>
>>84441580
A lot of gay readers found Middy to be to violent for their taste.
>>
>>84441708
That's why they're called sissies, anon.
>>
This is hilarious, but I still wish twitter wasnt a thing
>>
>>84441008
Septa Unella pls
>>
>>84441291
arn't there dozens and dozens of gay characters now? what does he even mean?
>>
I thought the point of Angela and Midnighter was to have gay characters who weren't spotlighted simply because they were gay.

Like, Marvel/DC wanted people picking up the books for the stories they told, not because they were looking to score points with the SJWs.
>>
>>84441290
Not him but here are some excerpts:

>The comics industry is in crisis tonight following Bleeding Cool rumormonger Rich Johnston's careless publication of every single one of Marvel's San Diego Comic Con announcements in a series of 1-2 sentence clickbait articles earlier today.

>While some might argue that the lack of excitement from CBR readers, easily the most easily excited readers in all of fandom, is due to Marvel's nonstop cycle of boring super-mega-crossover events, #1 issue relaunches and reboots, stunt deaths and other gimmicks, and constantly rising price point, the fact is that this is all the fault of Rich Johnston. Just ask Dan Slott: [pic related]

>Maybe if the simple leak of a press release totally undercuts the entire comic, the comic wasn't that good in the first place? Nah...

>If only there were some way for readers who didn't want to have comics announcements spoiled by Bleeding Cool to avoid reading the website. Wait a minute... could they... not read it?

>No, that would be crazy. Hopefully, Dan Slott can yell Rich Johnston off the internet and make the world safe for multinational conglomerates and the sycophantic media outlets that love them again.
>>
>>84441755
Marvel let a bunch of d list mercs have books that won't go past 6 or 7 issues yet won't have a solo with a gay character.

Also MAC is probably the biggest gay character on any of the covers. Not really seeing that much else.
>>
>>84441763
>Angela
Alonso literally said they "didn't want to put labels on her" when her gayness came up so she's not really the best example to use.

And DC put the Midnighter/Apollo mini on NYT so they're getting better at promoting stuff.
>>
>>84441763
Truoble is that SJW's don't give a shit about stories of a couple of no-names.

Compare what would happen if somebody like Superman came out as gay, SJW's would buy the books non-stop.
It's not about the story, it;s about the character being "progressive".
>>
>>84441271

Enemy of my enemy...
>>
File: This_Morning.png (132KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
This_Morning.png
132KB, 426x240px
>>84441772
>If only there were some way for readers who didn't want to have comics announcements spoiled by Bleeding Cool to avoid reading the website. Wait a minute... could they... not read it?
>>
File: mac.png (367KB, 700x558px) Image search: [Google]
mac.png
367KB, 700x558px
>>84441304
He wants a solo with a gay character, especially since Slapstick and other characters that won't last more than 7 issues have a solo.
They already had a bunch of ANAD solos that didn't get past 7 so marvel knows that the random characters they chose this time probably won't go past.
>>
>>84441763
>Marvel wanting people to pick up books because of the stories they told and not to score SJW points.
>>
>>84441610
>>84441779
Mercs for Money #5 38,694
Midnighter #5 13,235

You can see why they're reluctant.
>>
>>84441531
>fetishists hang together.

I am pretty sure that at best is a very loose definition of "community"
>>
>>84441893
DEADPOOL and Mercs for Money

The Deadpool part is important.
>>
>>84441796

I used her as an example because of that, I meant that even though she was clearly a lesbian, Marvel didn't want to just label her gay and move on, they wanted the story to tell that rather than the writer in an interview, I respected Marvel a lot for that.

>>84441797

Yeah, I know the unreasonable section of them look at Kenan Kong and say "We want an All New All Gay Superman" and those people are wrong.

>>84441871

The Vision is about the only story-driven Marvel book I can think of, so point you, anon.
>>
File: 1449220906603.png (193KB, 448x595px) Image search: [Google]
1449220906603.png
193KB, 448x595px
lol why is Dan mad
its not as if they'll surprise people with their garbage
might as well leak it and save people from going to their panel
>>
>>84441978
Yes, and Deadpool spun out of X-Force which replaced New Mutants which spun out of X-Men. This is the tried-and-true "throw things at the wall and see what sticks" Marvel method.
>>
>>84441988
How about leaking that magazine all at once? Rich would be BTFO in that situation.
>>
>>84442004
Yeah
That's why people are mad tho
>>
>>84441580
>Either Midnighter/Apollo aren't gay enough, or they weren't going to buy it

I would gather the amount of people who actually BUY comics because of a gay character are far less then the number of people who bitch about having gay characters and even far lee than the people who will avoid a gay character.

It is stupid to pander to SJW retards
>>
>>84440943
>Fucking Rich Johnson! Because of him people aren't excited for the garbage Marvel is telling us to like!
>>
>>84441291
>>84441978
Wait, wasn't Comics Alliance also jumping on the "Deadpool's totes pansexual" bandwagon a little while back? Did they stop labeling Deadpool as queer now?
>>
>>84441857
She's so fucking boring.
>>
So they have an unexciting lineup and are surprised when nobody is excited?

This is all on Marvel.
>>
>>84441580
The one time the DC twitter tweeted about Midnighter a bunch of faggy hipsters and SJW cried about DC being stereotypical with having a gay guy in leather.

Honestly these people don't deserve Midnighter.
>>
>>84441304

It means that Marvel remains very skittish about gay characters compared to DC. While they certainly *have* them, they're notably hesitant to put them anywhere but in youth team books (such as Young Avengers or the X-kids book du jour), and not even in all of them. They have no real equivalent to Batwoman or Midnighter - an openly gay adult hero who has had their own solo title, even for a time, or openly gay heroes in the major teams. Even Captain Marvel, for all the commentary about how she looks more like a butch lesbian with each passing year, remains steadfastly heterosexual, officially speaking.

And trans characters (that aren't shapeshifters)? Fuggedaboutit.
>>
>>84442049
The problem with Deadpool is that they always say he's pan, yet never show anything for it. All of his relationships and one-night stands were with women.
>>
Hey Marvel, still waiting on that Citizen V you said you were putting out the LAST time you did a Marvel NOW release!
>>
>>84442049
Most of the things with men are for joking purposes so I don't really blame them for not counting it if they don't desu
>>
>>84442075
>Honestly these people don't deserve Midnighter.
Fuck'em. I'm straight, but I'm supporting the Midnighter books, because he's the first gay character I like. Well, him and Constantine, though the later's bi.
>>
"Waaaaahhh, this has never happened to anybody else in any other industry before let alone my own, how could I see this coming."
>>
>>84442088
You're going to make Bendis cry.
Northstar did actually have his own mini in the mid-90s.
>>
>>84442125

>do awful things to Spider-Man for over a decade

>awful things happen to you

why is he complaining, this is just
>>
>>84442090
That's more people deciding he is and the editors not really giving enough of a shit to correct them.
>>
i can see why marvel's upset. they have to wait six whole months before they can relaunch again.
>>
Is there a bigger manchild in comics than Dan Slott?
>>
>>84441270
Fucking ouch.
>>
>>84442195
I hear Alan Moore get tossed around in that pariticular discussion.
>>
>>84442154
One can only hope The Clone Conspiracy not having Spider-Man in the title and Renew Your Vows becoming the Amazing Spider-Man book means he's off for good after it finishes.
>>
This is honestly nothing compared to several video game leaks, but I don't see this much whining in comparison.
>>
>>84441857
Wait, Slaptstick is getting his own book?

Don't these chucklefucks know that in order for Slapstick to work, he's got to be FUNNY?
>>
File: 1417655761942.png (35KB, 125x117px) Image search: [Google]
1417655761942.png
35KB, 125x117px
>With friendly internet personalities like Dan Slott behaving so cordially on Twitter, one would expect Marvel's fanbase to be more excited than ever for their upcoming relaunch. However, thanks to no good scoundrels like Rich Johnston, all of it is ruined and Marvel will just have to cancel all these books and relaunch their universe again after only 8 issues, a full 4 issues earlier than they had originally planned.

So nice seeing people taking the piss out of Marvel for a change.
>>
>>84441291
Pfft, what a faggot.
>>
>>84442138
>You're going to make Bendis cry.

Could I?
>>
>>84442234
Look at the cover to see what tone it's going for >>84430495
>>
File: hi bendis.png (422KB, 758x588px) Image search: [Google]
hi bendis.png
422KB, 758x588px
>>84442259
It's happened before.
>>
>>84442090
>>84442114
Which is kinda funny considering a common defense for established characters being retconned as gay/bi/etc. is that a character not showing on-screen interest in the same sex doesn't mean they aren't gay/bi/etc.

Though it makes sense: Deadpool became a massive pervert because there's more comedic opportunities to be had by doing so, and labeling him as pansexual was an easy way to try and score brownie points without having to actually change anything. But that obviously wouldn't appeal to the Comics Alliance people and their ilk.
>>
>>84442262
>Van Lente
Not sure if want. He likes to pander to the Internet Meme Machine.
>>
>>84440943
>Marvel producing 90% shit titles
>most of the good titles are marginalised and/or cancelled
>people are losing interest
>DAMAGE CONTROL! DAMAGE CONTROL!
>BLAME IT ON SOME RETARD WHO LEAKED NEWS AND GAVE US FREE PUBLICITY!
>AVOID TAKING ANY RESPONSIBILITY!

Slott is a retard.
>>
So it appears the worm has turned at last for Marvel

Everyone's finally getting tired of their shit
>>
>>84442320
It sounds like he's more pissed because everything leaked was the material they were going to announce at their ComicCon panel, but Slott's still a retard if he thinks any of this shit was actually panel material.
>>
>>84441516
>Most gays want to make a straight hero gay out of spite.
Speaking as an actual gay guy, this is hilariously wrong. If they're going to have a gay character, I'd perfer it to be an actual solidly thought out character and not one that suddently became gay for shock value. The people you're thinking of who want to turn existing A-listers gay are straight (predominantly white) women who want to do so because they either think it's progressive or for fanfic value.
>>
>>84442125
So wait do they mean ACTUAL reveals like spoilers or is he whining that instead of a short blurb on some solicit site, his book was announced in a short blurb on some comic blogger site?
>>84442331
Nah we say this everytime Marvel is in some sort of controversy then they still manage owning half the charts the next month.
>>
>>84442357
>The people you're thinking of who want to turn existing A-listers gay are straight (predominantly white) women who want to do so because they either think it's progressive or for fanfic value.

Pretty much. Most of them want their favorite characters to be gay to match their wank material.
>>
>>84442262
Oh, this isn't what I wanted.

Did people get really hurt in his old stories?

I kind of felt that all of the violence was cartoonish and silly.
>>
>>84442088
To be fair, Ewing did try to upgrade Wiccan and Hulkling to the big leagues. I don't know if it actually took though.
>>
DCYou 2.0
>>
>>84441445
Why not cancel one of those shitty sellers and put a book with a gay lead? At least you'd have variety in the stuff that doesn't sell instead of all those mediocre "girls can do it too!" books that read the same.
>>
>>84442408
All I've read with him was The Initiative, where he viciously beats a man into a coma.
>>
>>84441450

Yeah it's about taking away something from their perceived enemy (straight white men) and giving it to their "community."

So what they really want is for Captain America to pound Thor up the ass or for Tony Stark to transition. This of course still wouldn't actually get them to buy comics.
>>
>Jude Terror of Outhousers posted Scanbro's incomplete (!!!) scans of the previews magazine without mentioning him
>>
>>84441291
I agree with him, they want to pander everything but they can't get a gay book on the shelves? DC got gay book on the shelves with a bi writer. Even Detective is written by a bi writer that features a lesbian character in prominent role.
>>
>>84442492
1) He had a good reason to do that, or at least a good reason to get really, really angry and

2) I didn't like it back then, either.
>>
>>84441979
>I used her as an example because of that, I meant that even though she was clearly a lesbian, Marvel didn't want to just label her gay and move on, they wanted the story to tell that rather than the writer in an interview, I respected Marvel a lot for that.

There's a difference in choosing not to market a characters wholly around their gayness (would be respectful) and refusing to acknowledge a character's canonical trait for some reason when flat out asked (what they actually did). You can mention that she's a lesbian without making it all that she is. I don't know if it's fear or what, but that whole situation was odd.
>>
>>84442353
I think it was going to be released in the previews catalog first not at a panel. But Marvel has been rolling out some of this news over the past week or two though so I can kind of see some reason to complain. Dumping everything at once does cause some of the smaller announcements to get drowned out by the larger ones.

But it's not really worth crying that much about.
>>
>>84442480
That's a no-win situation that's going to result in angry complaints regardless. Since the groups who want these things have proven that they aren't large in number, Marvel is free to do what they want while they bark ineffectively.
>>
Marvel is lost and they have been for several years. The constant #1's, the SJW diversity washing of characters, the lack of great writing talent, the retread crossovers for money (Civil War 2, seriously?).

I'm reading the Star Wars books and that's all because the rest by and large is shit.
>>
>>84442375
>muh sales
>>
>>84442442
>try to upgrade Wiccan and Hulkling to the big leagues
How? By adding them to the team? They haven't done anything interesting in years, and Hulkling literally hasn't had any character development since he was first introduced.
>>
>>84442659
>reading Cuck Wars

wew
>>
>>84441708
And a lot of gay readers found him to be motivational too, Orlando has said that a lot of people told him Middy gave them strength to come out.
>>
>>84442495
>what they really want is for Captain America to pound Thor up the ass or for Tony Stark to transition
That's just fangirls though, not actual gay men.
>>
>>84442689
Isn't Hulkling the heir to a magical space-empire?
>>
>>84442375
>or is he whining that instead of a short blurb on some solicit site, his book was announced in a short blurb on some comic blogger site?

correct
>>
>>84441146
No one, even readers, want it because it showcases Marvel's disrespect to their own material. But Marvel has become so pompous that it can't possibly be their fault.
>>
>>84442714
Yeah, half Kree, half Skrull.
All out of MCU.
>>
>>84442659
Not gonna lie anon.
Both of the big two are complete shit right now.

Capeshit is dying.
Pretty much the only thing I read anymore is IDW TMNT, Usagi Yojimbo and the rare indie comic that looks good.
>>
>>84440943
I get where he is coming from.
The reactions can be différent wether you get only the title of the book or the title + the pitch & interview.
That said, comics sites are not supposed to give a fuck about that. Unless they are lapdogs like CBR.
>>
>>84440943
Usually when things get leaked, people are excited about it regardless, right
Ruining a surprise is never a bad thing if the surprise is good. Like it won't be as exciting, but people should still want it.

Is Dan blaming the site and Rich for people not actually wanting to read those comics?
>>
>>84441988
Plenty of people were surprised in the thread where things were being leaked yesterday though.
>>
Everytime I hear about Dan Slott he's less and less likeable. I wish talking about him or any of his current books would get you a ban.
>>
File: 1396663735494.png (61KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1396663735494.png
61KB, 200x200px
>>84441291

>Bawwwww we need more gays in comics

Mugga gays/lesbos make up like 5% of the world population. The world doesn't need to pander to them!
>>
>>84442691
Yeah, because no one else is reading one of their month by month best sellers....?
>>84442730
Accurate. I'm reading a lot of Image and Valiant now. Although the new DC books haven't been terrible, but it's still early.
>>
File: 1451956503959.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451956503959.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>84442088
>trans characters

Yeah we really need trans characters to portray that .05% of the population....
>>
>>84442812
>implying Imagay isn't Tumblr Central
>>
>>84442783
>I wish talking about him or any of his current books would get you a ban

it does on twitter.
>>
>>84442689
Getting put onto the Avengers is effectively getting moved to the adult table. I actually liked them there too, especially compared to Gilleon's Gay Avengers run.
>>
File: 1432420485271.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
1432420485271.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>84442783
>Mention spider-man on /co/
>Get banned
>>
>>84442812
I have the same bigger issue with Image as the big 2. Doesn't feel like anyone really plans for long runs, but I understand that's just how the market is these days. Creators can't make money on 30+ issue runs anymore.
>>
>>84442113
Did X-23 wolverine get an ongoing?
>>
>>84442725
What an absolute faggot.
>>
>>84442506
that seems like a good thing, right?
>>
>>84442898
Yes
>>
>>84442898
Yep.
>>
>>84442898
yes.
>>
>>84442730
The literal best thing DC is doing is Hanna Barbera reboots and KFC promotion.
>>
>>84441533

That's because they scared them all away with Secret Wars.

>Remender
>Hickman
>Gillen

All gone. Probably others I'm missing. Either way they're all doing creator owned stuff right now. I hope all of them return to superhero comics at some point, particularly Remender/Hickman at DC.
>>
>>84442727
Except for the whole Skrulls aren't in the MCU part.

>>84442898
Yes, All-New Wolverine. I don't know if anyone liked it.
>>
>>84442884

Yeah the fact that I never know when an Image comic is a miniseries or an ongoing turns me off from most of their floppies. I'm sticking with the ones I have now (Descender, Paper Girls and WicDiv) but it really makes more sense to tradewait with them.
>>
>>84442940
>Yes, All-New Wolverine. I don't know if anyone liked it.

My understanding that it was one of the better legacy hero books in the latest wave in terms of actual transitioning to a new role but it doesn't really feel right for Laura.
>>
>>84442839
Isn't Image's longest running title Savage Dragon? Pretty sure that's not Tumblr material.

You're retarded.
>>
>>84442924
Will we ever get Hickman Legion of Super Heroes?
>>
>>84442991
No, that's completely forgotten material. Like Spawn.
>>
>>84442730
This post is in every Marvel thread. Marvelfags are desperate to convince themselves that DC is just as bad as Marvel when that has literally never been the case.

You should really read more comics than just Marvel, anon. Educate yourself.
>>
>>84441363
It's not like Midnighter failure is a isolated case, DCYOU as a whole was a commercial flop. And its trade is still doing well.
>>
>>84442812
Why the fuck would you willingly read Star Wars shut
>>
>>84442838
If people market and represent trans characters, there's a chance they could tap into that sweet delicious goldmine that is the modern millennial, even if they themselves aren't trans
>>
Outhousers shitting on Marvel and not DC? Jesus times have changed
>>
>>84443051
>they could tap into that sweet delicious goldmine that is the modern millennial

It has been 8 fucking years. 8 years of them trying this shit.

All they had to do was slap Darth Vader on a cover and it outsold all of their books four times over. Only one or two of their PoC/woman led books have broke into the 10 spot with a 1# then fallen off the map.

When the fuck are they going to finally hit this supposed "millennial money"?
>>
There's now a petition to fuck Slott off from Twitter from the same OP sauce: https://www.change.org/p/marvel-comics-make-dan-slott-stay-off-twitter
>>
The tide is turning
>>
>>84440943
Did Slott just confirm that Nova really is coming back?
>>
Did Slott flip his shit when Axel Alonso (his fucking EIC) spoilt something the other week?
>>
>>84441197
>Ewing's two books sound exciting
There is nothing exciting about them, especially Ultimates^2. They're basically continuations of his current books. If you like those, then it's good to know they're not cancelled. If you don't, then it's just more books to not care about.
>>
File: image_0.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>84441772
If this snowballs into somethng that totally wrecks marvel's comics division, I will completely lose my shit
>>
>>84443197
Yeah but he's trans now. [insert Dick/Vagina joke here]
>>
>>84440943

I hate both of these people and want them to die, what do I do, /co/? How am I supposed to feel?
>>
>>84442940
>Except for the whole Skrulls aren't in the MCU part.
funny thing, Marvel has the rights for the whole Skrull race
except any named skrull (those are part of the F4 package), they could freely incorporate them in the MCU, but decided that the shapeshifting stuff was too CGI-expensive and that's why we got the Chitauri in Avengers
>>
>>84441857
>That female iron man armor
If she gets her own spinoff they're gonna make it look less shit...right?
>>
>>84443272

Marvel will never have a transgender lead book. It would be too creepy to have some flying tranny show up with the Avengers or flirting with Spider-Man.

The best trans superhero character you'll get is probably Negative Man/Rebis.
>>
>>84443229
What other book is Ewing getting?
>>
>>84443325
USAvengers
>>
>>84443343

Well, that's just a continuation of New Avengers, really.
>>
>>84443309
It would be at first, but with how long this stuff can run, eventually readers would just think that this character is a girl and always was.
>>
>>84443343
Ok cool. That looks like a fun book
>>
>>84443147
>5 signatures in one hour
>>
File: 1467435816852.gif (607KB, 486x529px) Image search: [Google]
1467435816852.gif
607KB, 486x529px
>>84442154
he´s used to get his dick sucked by media, now he´s feeling the burn for the first time, hegot shat on by spidey fans but he never cared for those, this is actually digging in his fat skin
>>
>>84441817
...is still my enemy.
>>
>>84440943
man that Spiderman 12

why is Marvel full of cucks now?
do liberal really have such a huge fascination with it that they need to show every blond, white female character with a black guy?
>>
>>84443435
Yes.
>>
>>84443031
>And its trade is still doing well.
>Midnighter Vol. 1 Out 1,678
That's not good. Meanwhile, other books not doing well and yet still slightly better
>Patsy Walker Aka Hellcat Vol. 1 Hooked On Feline 1,901
>Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Vol. 1 BFF 1,782

Now if you want to see some successes, there's
>DC Super Hero Girls Vol. 1 Finals Crisis 6,338
>Harley Quinn Vol. 3 Kiss Kiss Bang Stab 4,443
>Ms Marvel Vol. 5 Super Famous 4,236
>Harley Quinn HC Vol. 4 A Call To Arms 2,893
>>
>>84443470
Surprised DC Super Hero Girls is doing so well.
>>
>>84443435
You jelly, honky?
>>
>>84441772
does Zryson and Herald somehow manage to bring DC and Dan Didio in the comments discussion? Man I hate those fuckers. The Outhousers won't be that bad a place if it wasn't for those two constantly relating anything wrong with the industry to those two. I mean yeah Jude Terror is pretentious as fuck and think he's the Alahu Snackbar of the Comics Journalism since he doesn't shill for the big two, but he also has no idea how Letterless Previews are supposed to work and calls them stupid since they don't tell anything about what's in the book (You know outside of the fucking art and structure of paneling) and I think I lost my point.
>>
File: 1467770395150.png (379KB, 952x530px) Image search: [Google]
1467770395150.png
379KB, 952x530px
>>84443470
>Final Crisis's legacy is relegated to a shitty high school pun in Literally What: The Comic Book
>>
>>84443470
>DC Superhero Girls
This pleases me.
>>
>>84443533
No, but black/white are the interracial relationship that's always shown. You never see Latino/Asian or Native American/Arab or anything like that.
>>
File: you will never bully kara.jpg (230KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
you will never bully kara.jpg
230KB, 900x1366px
>>84443558
It's cute.
>>
>>84443581
Can't get over how terrible the Batgirl design is.
>>
Wow Slott way to act like a professional about all this you fucking hack
>>
Wait the covers are leaks?
>>
>>84443646
Yep.
>>
>>84443470
LCS public is not Midnighter strong suit. But its trade is still outselling ALL other DCYOU books on Amazon, and that's very impressive.
>>
File: throw_up.jpg (128KB, 357x500px) Image search: [Google]
throw_up.jpg
128KB, 357x500px
>>84443599

Oh my fucking god what is this horrible bratz-tier art?
>>
>>84443656
You got a link to all of them?
>>
>>84443734
It's what little girls like and this successfully got a bunch of them interested in DC properties. Disney already has the little girl market covered, so you won't see such things coming from Marvel any time soon.
>>
>>84441291
>How much longer does marvel need to put its full editorial support behind queer inclusion?

That is really awkwardly worded. It sounds almost as if he's bitching about Marvel Editoral pushing gay characters too much.

Also, it feels really weirdly suggestive
>longer
>full support behind queer inclusion
>>
>>84443767
http://archive.is/v1yYD
>>
File: 1455401551798.png (177KB, 452x339px) Image search: [Google]
1455401551798.png
177KB, 452x339px
So, I've spent a little bit of time listening to this thing called "Rise and Fall of the Comic Book Empire," which focused mostly on how Marvel fucked up so bad in the 1980s-1990s, that they caused the creation of Valiant Comics and Image Comics.

Also, their massive overbloating of stories, with four Spiderman books being the biggest example, and the constant reboots for more #1 issues, and wasting money on fancy variant covers and holographic covers, basically made the comic book industry collapse.

Is it safe to say that they're doing the same thing all over again these days? Just instead of pandering to speculators in the hopes of the new #1 and #0 issue sales subsidizing their failing comics, it's pandering to a different crowd?
>>
>>84441755
dozens of gay characters, zero gay writers
>>
>>84443869
>http://archive.is/v1yYD
Thanks m8
>>
>>84442922
The HB books are selling bad and the ones not named Scooby Doo won't make it past 12 issues
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (403KB, 1301x1131px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
403KB, 1301x1131px
Some someone refresh me on why Slott is such a shitty writer.
I haven't read Spiderman in a while. All I remember is how mediocre Superior Spider man was and how shitty Spiderman's current run is.
>>
>>84441772
>make the world safe for multinational conglomerates and the sycophantic media outlets that love them again
boy they really wrote that without a trace of self-awareness
>>
>>84442212
If any one says that, they are talking absolute bollocks.
>>
File: 22-35-52.jpg (19KB, 378x252px) Image search: [Google]
22-35-52.jpg
19KB, 378x252px
>>84443869
>Occupy Avengers

>>84444023
Sour grapes, sister.
>>
iturazkondea
>>
>>84443993
Image was the undisputed king of variant bullshit covers in the 90's
They were also the king of mis-solicits
Late books (Halloween specials coming out in July) I would say Image did FAR more damage to the industry than Marvel
>>
>>84444058
All he does is shitty stock writing.
When he's not doing that, he's arguing with people over the internet about the merits of his writing. He was like half of the SSM defense force.
>>
>>84441336
>implying all comics aren't gay pandering with being so full of cocksucking queer bromosexuals they keep having to introduce incredibly unconvincing "love interests" for the male characters just to convince themselves they aren't writing a costumed prelude to "Dick Grayson stars in Poor Little White Boy"
>>
>>84444080
Flintstones is gonna turn into a 6 issue mini like Wacky Raceland ;_;
>>
>>84444112
Goddamn autocorrect. I meant to say shock writing
>>
>>84441336
>>84441291
They want a gay Steve Rogers to jerk off too. They don't care about lesser gays anymore.
>>
File: 1405006456689.jpg (58KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1405006456689.jpg
58KB, 960x720px
So, in conclusion, what can we learn from all this drama?
>>
>>84441146
I really think the Marvel creative team is so far up their ass that they don't realize people are getting sick of their bullshit
>>
>>84442689
well Wiccan became a god of magic and Hulkling became KING OF SPACE in New Avengers
>>
>>84444096
Publisher Eric Stephenson is against the gimmicks, excessive variants, and other marketing bullshit done by the Big Two.

Also the late books problem at Image still exist today.
>>
>>84444143
This >>8444145
>>
>>84444126
The difference being that readers do give a fuck about the book :)
>>
>>84444143
people are tired of comics being anti-White, pro feminism and sjw pandering shit and (((creators))) are having a cry fest over it.
>>
>>84444156
So they got new jobs. Great. What about actual character development?
>>
>>84444145
It's happened before, it'll happen again.

Marvel has been cancer ever since Jim Shooter left.
>>
>>84444174
>Post not found.
I see.

>>84444190
>people
Heh.
>>
>>84444199
Billy stopped being a whiny bitch and Teddy stopped being a prop
>>
>>84444199
I remember seeing an interview with him where he said "we had a good audience, I wish we had it back"
>>
>>84444199
Quesada tried his best to save it, but he ended up falling ill too.
>>
>>84444143
Millenials whine long about their not getting their milk bottle but, in the end, are ever too lazy and deluded to actually spend any money or effect in taking it, even when it's handed out to them.

It happened during the Brexit voting, it happens in comics every time there's big talk about "Inclusion" and "Diversity".
>>
>>84444186
Hasn't Flintstones been getting pretty poor reviews tho
>>
>>84444220
meant for >>84444197
>>
>>84441223
Well and some will read that Miles/Gwen thing just because it makes them mad as fuck but does it sound interesting? Not remotely.
>>
>>84444246
Are you this butthurt about Mahvel being shit as usual?
>>
>>84444190
People who? If you mean 4chan, that's a given.

The day I see the likes of ComicsAlliance or HuffPost decrying liberals' delusions, then we'll talk.
>>
>>84444278
Most comic book readers are the type of people who would be more likely to go on 4chan than most other sites.

Although honestly most comic book readers who still buy comic books even now are probably on reddit.
>>
>>84444278
>People who? If you mean 4chan, that's a given.

Pretty much all of the comics fandom that actually still BUYS comics
>>
i like how he compared small press people using Bleeding cool because it'll give press to making snuff films.
>>
>>84444023
>>84444023
Other than Scooby and Flinstones what else got the reboot?

>>84444058
He did a good job when he started. It's just a lot of people got butthurt that Peter was suffering and how "Otto is better than Peter" when that's the exact opposite of the message of Superior although obviously that's not on readers alone if Slott couldn't get the message through he shares blame as well.

I'd also blame the other writers during Supeior. They for some reason decided that Superior was a villain redemption story and not a villain wins story (Slott called it a villain wins story in the very first interview about it).

Regardless anyone who thinks Superior was "worst comic ever", "worse than OMD", or even in the running for worst comic of the last 10 years is either butthurt and/or not an avid reader.

As for the current run the pre SW was pretty bad. Just seemed to mander one and refuse to go full ham because it knew it would be cut-short.
I actually like the current run though 6-7/10 most issues.
>>
>>84444365
Wacky Races
>>
>>84441857

that's a pretty good point
>>
>>84444278
>people who
apparently 2/3 of the people who responded to BC poll
>>
>>84444365

Future Quest, all the Hanna Barbara action stuff rolled into a single title, main characters are the Quest family/Race.

Doc Shaner on art, too good for this world.
>>
It's just crazy how Marvel is an utter wasteland of writing talent.

And it's not even as if Marvel tries to fix that image of them: nearly every "good" writer they have is on 5-6 projects (Lemire, Waid, Bendis, Soule all spring to mind), presumably because Marvel doesn't pay well. And the effect of being o n *that* many projects (compared to the 3-4 that DC writers are usually on), combined with Marvel's editorial practices, means that these writers are just turning in schlock --- I mean, it's not like the company values them for anything besides their name recognition.

Honestly, it's becoming clearer and clearer that Marvel does not give a fuck about making good books. Period. For them, good sales (in the short term) by any means necessary is all that matters. The characterfags (and seriesfags) -- the ones with tons of money who buy the majority of comics in America -- are going to leave these books eventually and.....well, I have no idea what'll happen next.

The scariest thing is, there's no real "exit strategy" for Marvel. I can't think of a good back-to-basics event that they could use that wouldn't demonize them in the non-reading public's eye. In any case, it's not a matter of "what" they do but HOW they do it, and by lessening the importance of writers, they're fucking themselves over.
>>
>>84444365
Also let me just add that I'm not calling Superior good, it's just not as bad as some people make it out to be.

It had weird pacing swtiching from taking way too long to going too fast.
While some characters were justified in not know it wasn't Peter others really should have known something was up (and no MJ and Aunt May were not among them)
>>
>>84444080
Occupy Avengers is Literally Green Arrow: The Book
>>
File: usavengers-1-marvel-now-7249d.jpg (294KB, 900x1231px) Image search: [Google]
usavengers-1-marvel-now-7249d.jpg
294KB, 900x1231px
Any idea who the girls in the Ghost and Iron Patriot armors are?
>>
>>84444449
that's a pretty big stretch from people not excited about Marvel's fourth relaunch in four years to "tired of comics being anti-White, pro feminism and sjw pandering shit"
>>
>>84444472
i think, they think their exit strat is just going full movies and tv. i would doubt that they are willing to not even make comics anymore.
>>
>>84443303
Well I mean once they do something besides just trace Brotherhood of Steel power armor, perhaps.
>>
>>84444472
It's been that way since it was bought out by New World. Marvel is never going to be good again.

DC has been better than Marvel for 90% of it's entire life. Even at it's worst, I would say it's better than Marvel's best.

DC is at least interested in making good storylines that their readers like instead of making shit storylines that Marvel likes.
>>
>>84444500
POD is in the Patriot.
>>
>>84444472

>The scariest thing is, there's no real "exit strategy" for Marvel

movies dummie, civil war probably made more than they make from comics in a year
>>
>>84444500
I think Iron Patriot is Yinsen's daughter
>>
>>84444023
HB books obviously have lower cancellation numbers. The normal Scooby doo book is still going at #70
>>
>>84444500
Holy shit this look awful.
>>
>>84444267
He's not shitposting, there's a lot of dumbasses who can't read that gave it bad reviews: http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/the-flintstones/1
>>
>>84444521
no, POD is Ghost-armor
>>
>>84440943
wait, so Marvel is relaunching...again? right after DC did it? jeez, it's like relaunches/reboots are the new event series. so glad i quit the big two when the nu52 shit hit the fan.

i'd like to extend my sincere apologies to everyone who is growing up in this shitty age of big two comicbookdom. it's almost as bad as the 90's extreme phase. however, there are plenty of great indies on the market just like back then.
>>
>>84444058
He really needs that beard, without it he looks like a great big toad.
>>
>>84444528
why
>>
>>84440943
You know, as divided as this board can get with places like Twitter, tumblr and even itself, I'm glad we can all agree that Slott is a thin-skinned pissbaby who desperately needs to shut the fuck up...
>>
>>84444514
>>84444522
That doesn't make sense from an editorial perspective. Comic-only executives aren't getting paid for movie successes. If the publishing wing dies they lost their jobs. They would not purposely poison their own well.

It's just incompetence.
>>
>>84444552
as with the 90s, DC is still publishing good comics

and the 90s extreme phase was because of Image
>>
>>84444267
It's been getting some pretty bad reviews, anon
People here have been talking about said reviews before
>>
>>84443596
>You never see Latino/Asian or Native American/Arab or anything like that.
Does that mean they don't exist? There has to some like that in X-men comics at least. >>84439211
Hardly anyone has any comprehensive charts on this in comics
>>
>>84444533
>They disagree with me they must have shit taste

Dude seriously?
>>
>>84444533
>Multiversity Comics gave it a bad review
aw dude
>>
>>84444220
Pretty sure Teddy is still a prop.
>>
>>84444614
They objectively do, I'm sorry man
>>
>>84444583
Worst case scenario, Marvel turns into a skeleton crew exclusively doing reprints and digital recolorings.
>>
>>84444525
She is.
>>
>>84444521

doesn't look like Aikku

>>84444525

that'd be cool

>>84444528
Ewing's Avengers have been top tier so far, this looks great
>>
>>84444631
well he got a whole story arc where he was the focus, so that's something
>>
File: 1468284356709.jpg (273KB, 1000x817px) Image search: [Google]
1468284356709.jpg
273KB, 1000x817px
>>84443435
yea
>>
>>84442090
Not even Cable? Just a little bit?
>>
>>84444500
>red hulk with guns
I love you Ewing
>>
>>84444600
i wouldn't know. i quit DC after Batman Inc. i've no patience to squirrel around looking for the one or two books that may be well-written for an arc or two from either of the big two.

as for the extreme 90s. yes, Image ushered that in, but Marvel followed suit with that Age of Apocalypse shite and similar books.

out of curiosity, what are the good books DC is publishing these days? doubt i'll read them, just a passing interest.
>>
>>84444720
Deadpool has Bugs Bunny sexuality in that he'll wear a dress and kiss a guy but is seriously only into women.
>>
>>84440943
Rich is a faggot but the way he triggers Slott is hilarious.
>>
>>84444500
The only way this cover could be more American is if there was a bald eagle somewhere in there.
>>
>>84444614
Online reviewers always had bad taste, anon. It's a known fact. You can even read the flintstones review and see that they just skimmed through it. Otherwise just read Grayson's future' send review from online reviewers and just laugh.
>>
>>84444732

Look at the stars on his pants!

And Captain American 2099? Roberto and Sam shenanigans? Sign me up right now!
>>
>>84444750
What is not triggering Slott, anyway?
>>
>>84443435
>why is Marvel full of cucks now?
>do liberals...
doesn't it get boring only viewing media through a tiresome political spectrum perspective? so many other things to criticize and you guys always spout the same "liberals, alt-left, alt-right" nonsense.
>>
>>84444733
since the New 52:
Dial H
Vibe
Williams Batwoman
Morrison and Pak Action Comics
Omega Men
Grayson
Azzarello Wonder Woman
Multiversity
Wonder Woman Earth One
Sheriff of Babylon
American Vampire
Midnighter
Prez
Swamp Thing
Lemire Green Arrow
Animal Man

For Rebirth:
So far everything other than Justice League has been fairly strong, Green Arrow being the standout
>>
>>84444777
That's Dani Cage from Ultron Forever, not 2099
>>
>>84440943
>not because of lazy ethnic pandering
>not because of the lack of fresh, original storylines
>not because of shit art
>because this guy leaked announcements

But really, don't leaked announcements usually make people even more hyped?
>>
>>84444750
>Rich is a faggot but the way he triggers Slott is hilarious.

pretty much this
>>
>>84444844

Whoops, my bad. That's just as good, if not better than 2099!

Ewing makes the best teams.
>>
File: Ronald Grump.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Ronald Grump.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>84444802
You're actually going to deny that Marvel is liberal guilt central?
>>
>>84444816
that's a long list. the only one i tried reading was Morrison's Action Comics and found it to be beneath his talent. oh wait. American Vampire, too, which i lost interest in after a couple of arcs. most of those seem not for me. anyways, thanks for the info, though.
>>
>>84444904

what a mad man using parts of a character's history in his stories
>>
>>84444904
huh? where did i say that? reread my post, mate.
>>
>>84444905
you should at least read Omega Men and Sheriff of Babylon, two of the best comics to come out of DC since 90s Vertigo
>>
>>84444472
Marvel needed to fire Bendis... about 5 years ago.
Back then they still had writers capable of taking over. If they get rid of Bendis and replace him with any of their other writers, it won't be good.

Still putting Lemire on team books is hurting their output. So is keeping Slott fixed on Amazing Spider-Man. A big reason why editors often rotate writers on big franchises is to prevent writer burnout due to lack of ideas (this happens more than you'd think, e.g. most of the mediocre writers at Marvel put out a series with an avg 3 volumes with only the first having any worthy reading). Slott could have done stuff with a change of scenery (Silver Surfer was decent, although I mainly liked it for the Allred art) but like Bendis he has let his bad habits take over his writing.

>>84444518
I'd argue that most of the 60s and 70s Marvel output is far more readable than any DC of its times.

Remender, Hickman and Gillen simultaneously leaving didn't help, either.
>>
>>84444802
>claiming Marvel isn't completely run by and staffed by far left PC SJW fucktards

really????
>>
>>84444973
maybe the 60s, but as soon as the Bronze Age hit DC pulled ahead
>>
>>84444979
man, reading comprehension is really awful among some of you if that's what you're getting out of my post.
>>
>>84444853
Remember that time that Slott blasted off on twitter about Rich and said something to the effect of "comics journalism exists to make us money, people who don't report what we tell them too are bad?"
That was some funny shit.
>>
>>84445026
REALLLYYY????

Call me back when they make an Elizabeth Warren as Madam Hydra
>>
>>84445026
For them it literally is all about politics. They truly cannot also see the other flaws so if you suggest that anything else is the issue they think you're just deflecting.
>>
>>84444985

>Bronze Age

>Simonson Thor
>Claremont X-books
>Miller and Nocenti DD
>Stern Avengers
>Grunwald Cap
>Englehart West Coast Avengers

what a horrible time.
>>
Why do companies keep doing these old media releases and get butt-blasted when they leak ahead of time? It's like when WB showed off the Batman v Superman trailer and got mad when it leaked online. I mean, of course it was going to leak online if you weren't going to upload it, you idiots. If you want to promote your product effectively, put it out digitally yourself instead of shipping it off in physical products it just takes someone with a camera (i.e. anyone with a cell phone) to spread at their leisure.
>>
>>84445050
lolwut

is this for real?

I have not read Marvel since World War Hulks. Is this seriously what Marvel has devolved into?
>>
>>84445068
you know what, you're right

Bronze Age was great for everyone
>>
>>84445097

thank you

i feel like i could easily be excused for only loving it for nostalgia but i was born at the tail end
>>
>>84444965
Sheriff of Babylon seems more up my alley. i was a big fan of Vertigo back in the day, but i recently reread some of Milligan, Gaiman, and Delano's work there and found it really hadn't aged all that well. hell, people change, right? so i'll chalk it up to evolving (or devolving) taste. anyways, i'll check Babylon out soon enough. thanks for the rec.
>>
>>84445068
More generally, look at why those books are good and you'll see the problem in modern stories. No decompression means that creators actually had time to world-build and develop supporting casts properly. Now you get 6-12 issues to do fucking nothing. Sad all around.
>>
>>84444905
Did you read it completely? Because the ending explains a lot. I personally found it better than his all star superman.
>>
>>84445079
>Is this seriously what Marvel has devolved into?

that isn't a fraction of the liberal shit in Marvel these days
Marvel is almost a propaganda arm of the DNC
>>
>>84445127
it's really just Spencer's books

literally every /pol/-bait page is from a Spencer book
>>
>>84445063
well, finally someone gets what i was criticizing. and you're correct. it seems that particular spectrum taints their entire perspective on media, people, hell, i'd even go as far as to say all external stimuli. the weird thing i found about this is these people are often not even aware of it! it really is freaky.
>>
>>84445050
>comics are too leftist!
>in the same company where some of the biggest titles have been analogues for minorities, a gay kid who gets powers through drugs to fight nazis, and an industrialist who feels bad about his work who starts doing public service for free
>and their biggest rivals have a space-jew who works as an investigative reporter, a woman from lesbian island, and a guy who hates guns and refuses to kill criminals.

maybe comics just aren't intended for you?
>>
>>84445122

i don't disagree but i find the
>where's muh supporting casts
argument distasteful. I don't know why, Maybe because it seems like a simplification?

it's strange how a problem is both decompression and books too focused on Big Events
>>
>>84445187
>a gay kid
uh
>>
>>84445179
It's more a general mindset that happens with politically obsessed types. It's the same with SJWs, can't criticize something with representation without getting painted as a bigot.

Some people are just idiots.
>>
>>84445126
no, only a few issues. i just couldn't get through it. the art was not to my liking and neither the writing. maybe i'll go back to it one day. i just remembered i did read some of Multiversity. namely, the first issue and the Pax Americana one. i found the former not that great but the latter was really clever. i would have preferred it (Pax Americana) more as a 4-issue series, though, as i felt the story could have used some more sequences.
>>
>>84445214
>space-jew
He's obviously shitting you
>>
>>84445187
Dude I'm pretty fucking leftist myself.

But I believe in hitting both sides of the spectrum where it should.

Where's my "Bernie waving the white flag while his supporters prove once again progressive movements are all talk and no action" analogy? Hell not even one mention of Hillary and her shit. If you don't want to be called out in yellow writing then don't just attack one side and be surprised people call you out on your bullshit.
>>
>>84445214
Steve Rogers was a 20 something bachelor professional artist who lived in Brooklyn before signing up.
if he was gay coded any harder, he'd have a pink triangle shield.
>>
>>84445263

Standoff had some shots at Hillary, an e-mail joke, and SHIELD's whole thing seems like a critique on current like Snowden we're all spied on stuff.
>>
>>84445187
All that stuff is stupid too, and you know it.
>>
>>84444143
That I really should just give up on comics and get myself the last two volumes of Gundam The Origin
>>
>>84444143
Slott's a baby, Rich is a tool, news at 11.
>>
>>84445281
The First Avenger did make an effort to keep Steve as asexual as possible, but once he got buff they probably realized how obvious it would've been at that point.
>>
>>84445063
It is all politics because shilling leftism is all Marvel does anymore.
>>
>>84445122
I mean, I don't know if it's decompression, rather than gross misuse of what decompression is *supposed to* entail. You don't really need much plot movement as long as you're jampacked with deep world building. (See: any semi-serious Alan Moore series)

But modern decompression is more like, "Hey, let's spend 15-16 pages doing absolutely nothing -- no world-building, no real plot movement, no interesting characterization that we didn't already know -- and then let's be surprised when we haven't developed anything substantial by the end of our 6 issue run."
>>
>>84445286
Post the pages because I remember none of that.
>>
>>84445169
>it's really just Spencer's books

That isn't true and you know it Marvel has race/sex swapped almost all of their main characters.
Made characters suddenly gay and are blatantly pushing liberal messages in almost all of their titles
>>
>>84443993

That's over-simplifying things a little bit because they were also at the same time being taken over by a notorious corporate raider who hollowed out the company from the inside and issued a billion junk bonds.
>>
>>84443558
Yeah and its better than the main series
>>
>>84445263
Spencer made fun of SJWs in Ant-Man, I think they complained about a straight white male saving them.
>>
>>84445217
And some people are just smug, lazy fence-sitters who will be more than happy to get caught in the crossfire.
>>
>>84445281

This is the best argument for gay Steve I've seen.
>>
>>84445333

>characters suddenly gay

Are you counting young Ice Man and adult Ice Man as two different characters?
Because Bobby Drake's the only "suddenly gay" character I can think of.
>>
>>84445263
"progressive movements are all talk and no action"
lolwut?
what is social security?
what is welfare?
what is (almost) universal healthcare?
what is immigration reform?
what is a 40 hour work week?
what is a FUCKING WEEKEND?
>>
>>84445359
It's not fence sitting if you point out dumb political rhetoric but also discuss other issues. This is what people like you don't seem to understand.
>>
>>84445315
>>84445281
Well, it IS easy to be an "asexual" bachelor in your 20s when you are a skinny, 40-pounds manlet. Just ask /r9k/.
>>
>>84445343
That's right, they brought that up in the series, but I had figured the junk bonds were only an issue because it showed Marvel wasn't pulling in enough money to actually make them profitable.

But that is true, the junk bonds and corporate takeover fucked them, too.

Hell, there's also the retailer side, where Diamond funded a shit ton of comic retailers, which then went bankrupt, which meant those retailers weren't buying Marvel issues, which made Marvel consolidate their books into a smaller series to try and ride out the sales loss, which then meant there weren't enough comic books to sell for the retailers that did survive, which made them go bankrupt, resulting in 90% of all comic stores in America going out of business, and the only ones that were left were owned by Diamond.

It was a fucked up time for comics, the 90s.
>>
>>84445327

The SHIELD thing is over hanging the whole run, and the Hillary joke is in the first issue of Standoff somewhere
>>
>>84445281
Don't forget his hunk friend who's always there to... help.
>>
>>84445404

Diamond is the devil
>>
>>84445390
There isn't any discussion of other issues. Only laughing at the expense of other people while ignoring freaking Trump and Hillary are candidates. THAT is what it has come down to. Partisanship is now more important than ever.
>>
>>84445246
Yeah, the art was horrible. But if you prefer the trippy side of Morrison, his action comics may be up your sleeve.
Most of multiversity one shots were great as well. Thunder world, master men and ultra comics were other great ones. Though the entire thing is worth checking out and a part of Morrison's DC saga.
>>
>>84445417
Who, Bucky? Who wasn't a hunk and was actually a 16 year old kid who didn't meet Steve until he was already Captain America?
>>
>>84444518
>DC has been better than Marvel for 90% of it's entire life. Even at it's worst, I would say it's better than Marvel's best.

This level of delusion is absolutely baffling to me. I can't imagine being this hardcore pro-DC where you'd gleefully defend things like Countdown, Cry for Justice, At Earth's End, Identity Crisis, AMAZONS FUCKING ATTACK, and so many others as being "better than Marvel's best."

It just makes you sound like a hilariously out-of-touch clown.
>>
>>84445433
I mean in the context of politics and comics there are plenty of other problems to discuss but when normal people try the politically minded ones think that it's just a derail as if only the political flaws matter.
>>
>>84445456
You're right, I'm talking about MCU.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 590x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 590x295px
This might come in handy one day
>>
>>84445456
It's pretty obvious >>84445417 only watches movies.
>>
File: 1267282067564.jpg (86KB, 428x510px) Image search: [Google]
1267282067564.jpg
86KB, 428x510px
>>84445376
>what is social security?
A broken system that can no longer sustain itself
>what is welfare
I'll give you that since Repubs still can't sind a single fault with it even with drug tests
>what is (almost) universal healthcare?
Pic related
>what is immigration reform
>Where? Cuz Obama's got shut down again
>what is a 40 hour work week
Depends state by state, with so many loopholes it might as well not exsist
>what is a FUCKING WEEKEND
Something you can actually partially thank religion and the Sabbath for

Let me reiterate. MODERN Progress doesn't hold a candle to our daddy Roosevelts.get shit done attitude over 80 years ago.
>>
>>84443993
they're literally doing the exact same thing as in the 90s, constant #1s and a bajillion gimmick variants

there was even a holographic variant recently, I believe
>>
>>84445458

I hate how much this board has sunk into Company Wars, I wanna blame /pol/
>>
>>84445458
He's talking era by era not story by story. Essentially saying the worst DC era > best Marvel one which also might be flawed but I don't care enough to map out best/worst eras for each company and then compare them.
>>
>>84445475
I don't see why you would be when we're talking about the comics
>>
>>84444904
If you even try to imply comics weren't always a medium filled with liberal creators I'll have to point you to literally everything since Action Comics #1.

Being conservative is fucking poison for comic creators, see anyone who was a conservative and did comics.
>>
>>84445404
Are you blaming Diamond for the speculator bubble bursting in the 90's? Most of those stores died because they opened just to service the bubble. Hell, here in my town we had at least 5 stores. No store from the 90's exists here anymore, but we have one that opened in 2000.

The 90's were bad because of the inflated sales due to speculators, which is why you'll see longboxes full of shit like Namor #37 foil cover that speculators bought dozens of in hopes of retiring on, etc.
>>
>>84445500
it's /v/'s fault
>>
>>84444500
Totally ruined by adding Squirrel Girl in this team.

Another shit book I can safely skip
>>
>>84445501

I mean Marvel has Stan and Jack fucking changing the entire game
>>
>>84445500
Well I wanna blame tumblr and they're cocksucking of Marvel and complete ignorance of DC

It's hilarious when the shoe is on the other foot
>>
>>84445527
Ewing Squirrel Girl and North Squirrel Girl might as well be different characters
>>
>>84445527
I remember when /co/ loved Squirrel Girl, now it's one shitty creative team and people think she's ruined even though there's no guarantee that a different writer will follow the exact same execution as her ongoing.

Sad times.
>>
>>84445527

>another shit opinion I can safely skip

You idiot, this isn't Henderson's botched abortion, Ewing has been writing a great Squirrel Girl over in New Avengers this entire time.
>>
>>84445517
I'm not blaming Diamond for the spectator bust, I'm just saying that Diamond's actions ended up making the Spectator Bust much, much worse than it would have been without Diamond.

Diamond inflated the market retailers, which meant when the spectator bubble burst, there were excess retailers, many of which went bankrupt, meaning less retailers bought Marvel comics, which meant they consolidated to keep themselves afloat, which killed whatever remaining stores there were.

Without Diamond, we would've seen retailers go back to the normal, pre-spectator market.
>>
>>84445179
>>84445217
I recommend you people to go read Society of the Spectacle, by Guy Debord (with the first number of the Internationale Situationniste journal and the On the Poverty of Student Life pamphlet on a sideline).

What goes on on american politics, both left and right, is that the politics of actual, bare living, happen on spheres in which the actual person is so alienated, they end up producing this little "stage politics" shit in which whoever the fuck they're voting (or worse, whatever shit they're buying) is the avatar and justification for their existence, since the law of the land states we live in a democracy and well, this is how you exert democracy, by choosing.

Now, it is a leftist book, and I am a leftist, but I gotta tell you that the simple fact that "liberal" means "leftist" in the US shows how much of a lie the american "left" is.
>>
>>84445549
>>84445561
>>84445604

My beef isn't with Squirrel girl herself. It's that when you're designing and marketing a " 'Murica Fuck YEAH!" Team, Squirrel girl is the last character you'd ever think of adding. She just doesn't belong there and ruins the whole concept of the team. There are more fitting characters that Marvel could have put in.
>>
>>84445636

Alright, I understand where you're coming from.

All I can say is, Ewing is likely including her because this looks like it's just a new name for his current run on New Avengers, which features her as one of the characters.

That said, I agree she isn't in the same 'MURICA FUCK YEAH tier as Dani Cage or Red Hulk Ross.
>>
>>84445487
>A broken system that can no longer sustain itself

no my dude, that's neoliberalism
>>
>>84445626
Yeah, but I can see why Diamond would rake in the cash like they did. A lot of stupid retailers that thought the bubble would never burst, and kept heavily ordering shit they couldn't pay for.

I've never heard of Diamond owning stores. Anyone could open a comic store and get a Diamond account, as the minimum order was next to nothing. I know some stores got extended credit, etc.

The store here in town has to Pay On Delivery each week or they don't get their comics. They have no credit with Diamond. Not sure why they don't, maybe the owner doesn't want to run his business that way. Another store just closed recently and they owed Diamond thousands until finally Diamond stopped shipping them product.
>>
>>84445636
She's the last character you'd think of, under the Brazilian immigrant mutant (who's also the leader btdubs), the whatever-nationality-Toni-Yinsen-is immigrant in Iron Patriot armor, and the Finnish immigrant bio-bot?
>>
>>84445679

i'm still not sure what neoliberalism beyond "Not left enough for me"
>>
>>84445709
it's "socially liberal, fiscally conservative"
>>
>>84442113
Also Blade's Daughter.
>>
>>84445487
on social security being broken:

>The idea that the program is going to “run out of money” or is “going broke” is a zombie lie, one that deserves to have its head lopped off with a quick slice of Michonne’s katana.

>We’re going to have to get a little wonky for a bit, but I’ll try to make this as painless as possible. The short version: under the worst-case scenario, meaning that a poor economy in coming years deprives the system of money and no changes to the program’s financing are made, then Social Security recipients will find themselves getting smaller checks than they ought to. And that would be a bad thing — if you rely on Social Security as your main or only source of income, it would be terrible to get only 77 percent of what you should (I’ll reveal why I’m using that number in a moment).

>But if the program were only able to deliver 77 percent of its benefits, it would not be “broke” or have “run out of money.” When the entitlement doomsayers use those words, they want everyone to believe that the program will be, well, broke, which would mean it would be able to pay nothing to the recipients. And that’s a lie.

>https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/03/11/stop-with-the-zombie-lies-no-social-security-is-not-going-broke/

on immigration reform:
def got me there. repubs stonewalled and then the supreme court remained split and couldn't reach a decision. counts as a loss for progressives.

i agree with you on the Roosevelt thing, but it's a different age so different measures are used.

anyways, enough talk about politics and progressives. this is /co/. let's stick to lambasting Marvel, DC, and bleedingcool.
>>
>>84445709
You have no idea at all, neoliberalism is the latest form of late capitalism, in which the corporativism / capital exists outside the frontiers / state, and the state subjects itself to capital, either through lobbying or downright blackmailing (If you don't change x and y, we'll just set up shop in fucking Malaysia or something) while taking control aspects of life that have always been associated with either the individual or the state.

Now, this is a pretty tendentious description, since I think neoliberalism is the crux to the whole planet and even some authoritarian bullshit works better than whatever we have now.

Liberalism has absolutely nothing to do with being a leftist, on the contrary. Marx is a reaction to the first liberal thinkers.
>>
>>84445517
Speculators weren't the only problem. It got worse in the 90's (mainly because you also had the speculators who got burned by the sports card market in the late 80's jumping on to comics) but there's been speculation since the 70's and there's still speculation today. All comic retailers are technically speculators because they have to guess what their customers will buy.

What was a problem was the increase of speculators plus Marvel and other companies encouraging it. If the mentality of 90's corporate Marvel was around during the 70's, they would be pushing Howard the Duck to be in every single Marvel title just because people were paying $10 for the first issue back then. Shit, there'd be even more push for X-Men crossovers during the late 70's if that mentality was in place.
>>
>>84444080
Wait for the spinoff "Avengers Lives Matter"
>>
>>84445376
all bad things
except 40 hour work week and week ends which had very little to do with fucking liberals
>>
>>84442212
Moore isnt a man child just a faggot
>>
File: Slott Being Slott.png (48KB, 629x298px) Image search: [Google]
Slott Being Slott.png
48KB, 629x298px
Slott is still going at it. Apparently Bleeding Cool is as bad as drug dealers.
>>
>>84444157
So does he know about the Walking Dead variants or is Kirkman exempt because he's keeping that company financially afloat?
>>
>>84445757
>https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/

great source retard
>>
File: Slott Being Slott 2.png (34KB, 632x247px) Image search: [Google]
Slott Being Slott 2.png
34KB, 632x247px
>>84445856
>>
>>84445116
I was born well after the Bronze Age ended, it really was the best time for comics as a whole.
>>
>>84445781
though I'll be honest here and say that neoliberalism is being trumped by what I call "feelgood capitalism", the whole foods, "everyone is beautiful so buy this 25 dollar shampoo for black hair", lets embrace diversity for apple's sake, form.

All in all, the US left is deluded and it's obsession with identity politics is bleeding to the rest of the left and making things downright impossible. I can point you to The Ticklish Subject by Slavoj Zizek (I'll be honest with you here and say I haven't read it all and won't anytime soon), a book by a leftist philosopher, published in 1999, in which, amongst other things, he claims that the obsession with "changing" capitalism would end up in this identity politics nightmare in which we live in.

>>84445830
Indeed, it had shit to do with liberals. It had mostly to do with communards, wobblies and other actual leftist groups.

And you're either retarded or rich (all things considered, probably both) if you think universal healthcare is bad, as well as social security.

As for the weekend, I understand how a neet retard would think it's a bad idea.
>>
>>84445862
Kirkman is exempt in the sense that Image's founders do what they want and don't really have say in what the others do.
>>
>>84445636

Squirrel Girl is from the midwest. She's more Amurrican than any of them new york city types.
>>
>>84445856

i wonder if he sees the irony and parallel there. Rich ain't wanting people to come by every Wednesday for 5$
>>
>>84445796
It was a weird cultural phenomenon that comics became so popular and everyone was buying them "for investment purposes". Yeah, publishers fed this by pumping out #1's, foil covers, hologram covers, bullethole covers, whatever. People weren't buying them to read. Just to resell "someday". Hell, people still come into the LCS here trying to sell their longbox of 90's dreck and can't understand why it's not worth thousands because "that's what it says in Wizard".

I view it like Beanie Babies. People went nuts buying them because of future value and the bubble burst. Same is happening right now with Pop Vinyl figures.

And yeah, there is still speculation today. The odd customer comes in the LCS saying how they want two copies, they're putting one in their safe and other nonsense. You can't tell them different because they've made up their mind that they're going to get rich "someday" from it.

Sorry if I rambled.
>>
>>84445856
Dig that hole
>>
>>84445693

It's not about what country they come from, it's about how much " 'Murica Fuck Yeah!" feel they bring to the team.

Roberto is the shady politician/mastermind/commander guy
Toni is using an almost grossly huge-ass/oversized version of the Iron Patriot armor
Pod is the military drone/robot

All very "Murica Fuck Yeah!" vibes all round

Meanwhile, you have squirrel girl just standing there like she got photoshopped in and they even had to put that US flag handkerchief around her neck to make her barely fit in with the rest of the team
>>
>>84445715

the problems are bad but their causes...their causes are very good

>>84445781

So it's about corporations getting too powerful. & I was talking US context for left/right, i get we're backwards
>>
>>84445856
TOUGH GUY SPOTTED
EVERYONE VACATE THE BUILDING
>>
>>84445856
Bleeding Cool didn't really leak anything. Someone described the magazine to them and Rich posted articles. Rich had no exclusive info whatsoever, just speculating as to what each page meant.

Bleeding Cool did have some first, then the rest were posted here before Rich did. It's obvious Rich hadn't even seen the images and posted about them.
>>
File: slotts all outta fucks.png (18KB, 589x207px) Image search: [Google]
slotts all outta fucks.png
18KB, 589x207px
Remember everyone, this whole thing has been Slott not giving a fuck.

Imagine what he'd do if someone really upset him!
>>
>>84445511
Wasn't Silver Age DC pretty conservative?
>>
File: dan slott.png (94KB, 641x780px)
dan slott.png
94KB, 641x780px
This isn't the first time the Slutt has been triggered.
>>
>>84441146
>isn't that their fault for making such uninteresting books?
Yep. Leaks dont kill interest unless theres nothing worth being interested in. Fuck, a leak got Deadpool MADE.
>>
So how long until Slott start the comparison with Nazis?
>>
>>84441291
HOW MUCH LONGER TILL THEY ARBITRARILY TICK THIS BOX?
>>
>>84445890
>As for the weekend, I understand how a neet retard would think it's a bad idea.

READING COMPREHENSION of the modern leftist!
>>
>>84446033
I think the part that underlines the overreaction is that this is hardly even a leak. It's the fucking official previews book that was coming out tomorrow. There is no real difference in reception whether people learned yesterday or Wednesday. If they hate it it's because the books fucking suck.
>>
>>84446012
Silver Age DC was conservative in terms of content like violence, horror, stuff like that because of the CCA

it was full-on loony-bin otherwise
>>
>>84446086
>If they hate it it's because the books fucking suck.
You say that now, but Solo will be GOAT book of all years!
>>
>>84446012
Which is pretty much why it became a sort of joke read for nostalgia and bewilderment only and gets mentioned more in how different and exciting Silver Age Marvel was than on it's own merits (and truth be told, I do the same, the only silver age DC I've read were the Fourth World related comics, and this late 60s, grandiloquent trippy cosmic stuff usually gets grouped in the bronze age, so ).

Even then, I side with Morrison in the fact that if you take shit like Supes, it's just so freudian (or even more, guattarrian before Guattari was important) that it ends up looking like "Conservative editors with crazy writers trying to work their perversions around CCA / editorial censorship", thought it might be a bit of a stretch.

>>84445937
Yeah, simplifying, the capital decides what's right and wrong, not the state

>>84446083
Welp, then I'm sorry to tell you this, my reading comprehension is as awful as your history of work knowledge, since I know for a fact it was Proudhon (aka the creator of anarchism) who created the legal basis for the weekend.

And anarchism is left wing, before you say anything.
>>
>>84446086
The way Rich did it sucked. He posted an article every 20-30 minutes about each new title with an old image he found online and a speculative sentence or two about what it might be about, based on the image in the catalog someone described to him. He did this all day long, until finally at the end he posted pictures from the catalog as well. Many hours later.
>>
>>84446107
>it was full-on loony-bin otherwise

To explain, it was the guys who did pulp sci fi doing the most insane one stories that they could imagine because stupid covers sold comics.
>>
>>84446177
>two boyfriends

what a slut
>>
>>84445374
They also turned Hercules suddenly straight to balance things out.
>>
I'd never read a modern Marvel because shit like Thor, Squirrel Girl, Hellcat and whatever that Hell book were show how shit Marvel writers is.
If you want some super feminist book all you have to do is write a flawed, interesting female character going on adventures. What you don't do is write some super meta thing where the characters look at the reader every other panel, wink and say #feminismrules
>>
>>84441291
I honestly thought they were complaining about the gays
>>
>>84445915
people still come into the LCS here trying to sell their longbox of 90's dreck and can't understand why it's not worth thousands because "that's what it says in Wizard".

WIZARD I forgot about those scum bags, they would have an Image comic like "Rob Leifeld's
Bloddfart pouchmaster #3" appreciating in price before the #1 had even shipped.

There were numerous time where they had an image comic appreciating in value THAT NEVER EVEN MADE IT TO PRESS ( though I guess that would make them exceptionally rare)
>>
>>84446213
Back in the 50s it was the norm to have many boy/girlfriends. Going steady only happened when things were getting serious and that was discouraged by parents (because getting serious could lead to sex you see).
>>
>>84446248
Bleeding Cool is fueling it now, to a smaller degree. He'll post about how whatever comic sold on eBay for $50 (First Riri Williams!) then someone will phone the store asking to buy all the copies they have left.

My LCS won't sell new comics to people like that because it would fuck over their regular buyers. And those comics aren't worth what Rich says. Those articles are just trying to restart the speculator bullshit.
>>
>>84446248
>There were numerous time where they had an image comic appreciating in value THAT NEVER EVEN MADE IT TO PRESS
hahahaha, damn. i remember reading Wizard as a kid. did it finally go under or is it still around, maybe as a website?
>>
File: comet11.jpg (115KB, 620x566px) Image search: [Google]
comet11.jpg
115KB, 620x566px
>>84446213

She had three. That doesn't include Comet the Super Horse.
>>
HA
http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/135758-pip-pippening-shocker-did-marvel-really-cancel-the-x-men-this-time.html

>Earlier, we reported on Rich Johnston's eighty million individual two sentence articles spoiling all of Marvel's San Diego Comic Con announcements. Johnston, who claimed to receive this information from an "industry insider" (read: person at major comics media site who gets Marvel's pre-SDCC press packet sent it to him), followed up on his new series scoops with one more post detailing information about current Marvel series, and you can go and read that one here if you want. The most notable piece of information from the article, however, is that amongst all of this info, there is not one mention of any X-Men books:

>"As for everything else? No idea. But there's no mention I know of All-NewInhumans, Karnak, A-Force, Nighthawk, Agents of Shield, Mockingbird,, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Ant Man , Spidey, Carnage, Drax or any X-Men title aside from Death Of X..."

>Is the Death of X event planned to be the end of the X-books in general, all part of Ike Perlmutter's evil plan to spite Fox for fairly purchasing movie rights to several properties from Marvel when they had nearly driven themselves into bankruptcy with the same myopic publishing gimmicks they employ in record numbers today? We recently learned that Death of X will be a series that brings the dead (adult) Cyclops back to life so that Marvel can assassinate his character more before killing him off again, which could serve as the perfect exclamation point for Marvel's treatment of the property over the last decade.
>>
>>84446300
>Of course, X-Men characters, much like the Fantastic Four, could still appear in other series while Marvel, purely out of spite, refuses to publish any X-Men branded comics, because that will somehow make people stop going to Fox's movies (as if Fox's movies don't do enough to that end). Then again, Deadpool has been the most well-received Fox superhero movie in a long time, and Marvel is publishing something like twelve ongoing Deadpool series. Maybe the X-Men will be relaunched as Deadpool and the X-Men and ship twice a week for Marvel NOW!, at a per-issue price of $6.99.

>Whatever the case, we'll be sure to monitor Bleeding Cool for any news so we can repost it here while making fun of them.
>>
>>84446257
Yeah, like in Archie how he dated Betty and Veronica, and they dated Reggie, as well as other people here and there. They weren't fucking, just dating a variety of people.

Things changed and people can't relate to that past behavior now, but that's just how it was done back then. Betty wasn't giving Archie handjobs in the car.

>>84446293
The magazine has been dead for years, as well as the other shit they published, like Inquest and the trading card one. No idea about website, they tried coming back after the magazine died but nobody really cared.
>>
>>84446217

I can almost accept that because him and Wolverine getting together happened in an alternate universe.

Marvel could argue that Herc isn't gay/bi in 616, instead it was the events that happened in that alternate universe that caused that relationship to flourish.

That said, it's complete and utter shit because Herc's bisexuality is, well, established mythological canon. Heracles' and Iolaus were lovers.
>>
>>84446028
For someone who used to be praised for writing funny comics, that fat fuck really doesn't know how to take a joke.
>>
>>84446297

Well great, now I want to see a horse fuck supergirl and there's just nothin' I can do with this boner! THANKS, /co/!
>>
>>84446319
>Whatever the case, we'll be sure to monitor Bleeding Cool for any news so we can repost it here while making fun of them.

at least they're honest
>>
>>84446325
There was also the pretty heavy implication that he slept with Northstar at his funeral
>>
>>84445693
>whatever-nationality-Toni-Yinsen-is
Think real hard about this:
Her father is Ho Yinsen. The scientist that was captured at the place Tony Stark was captured.

Now, where did Tony Stark's origin take place?
>>
>>84446326
To think there was a time when he thought prison sex was funny.
>>
>>84446368
Also confirmed by Pak that it was his intention and not just a misreading of the scene.
>>
>>84446288
>He'll post about how whatever comic sold on eBay for $50 (First Riri Williams!) then someone will phone the store asking to buy all the copies they have left.

That and Joker's Daughter.

Who turned to be a literal who.

>>84446327

Not in a Christian manga! We only have incest.
>>
>>84442801
6%, but yeah i agree
>>
>>84446325

people were also mad because the editor and writer both said they were pushing Herc back to his real world mythological roots.

but in the myths he had relations with other men...
>>
>>84441857
The new Wasp is getting a solo book?
>>
>>84446300
It's a fucking magazine that stores got with their weekly comic shipment, and will be given out on Wednesday.

How all these sites think it's some huge exclusive leak I don't know. I hate seeing shit misreported and then spread around misinformed over and over.

Diamond has a "Day Early Delivery" thing where a store pays a minimal fee ($4 I think) and the store gets the comics on Tuesday, so they can prep them for sale Wednesday. The fee is meant to help fund enforcement. They do send spies out to try and buy comics early from stores.

Some stores get them Monday instead of Tuesday due to the shipping companies processing them quickly.
>>
>>84445915
Yeah it was like a convergence of a lot of bad ideas and things happening.

>Hell, people still come into the LCS here trying to sell their longbox of 90's dreck and can't understand why it's not worth thousands because "that's what it says in Wizard".

Even though I liked the mag from the early/mid-90's, Wizard was also definitely one of the things responsible for the problems in the market, since they even listed stuff in the price guide that wasn't even out yet (Wetworks #1). And even to this day there's people that don't understand how price guides work or why retailers wouldn't pay guide price for most stuff.

>I view it like Beanie Babies. People went nuts buying them because of future value and the bubble burst. Same is happening right now with Pop Vinyl figures.

Yeah, it's a similar thing that happened with sports cards in the 80's/early 90's. Influx of way too many people who don't understand how markets work. Eventually the bubble bursts and you'll see the market flooded with McDonald's Teenie Beanies or 1990 Donruss Baseball cards or Avengers #363 or something.

Also...
>>
>>84446389
Afghanistan, duh.
>>
>>84446418
Yes, as expected, it's incredibly cute.
>>
>>84446425
>>84445915

>And yeah, there is still speculation today. The odd customer comes in the LCS saying how they want two copies, they're putting one in their safe and other nonsense. You can't tell them different because they've made up their mind that they're going to get rich "someday" from it.

It happens. If there's what appears to be a way to get rich for little effort, people will take it.

On the other hand despite how markets for sports cards, comics, and even Beanie Babies collapsed, they still have stuff that has value. Like for instance Batman Adventures #12, a book published in the early 90's, gets thousands when CGC'd, and hundreds for a non-graded one (although it's been getting close to thousands). And for some reason people are paying thousands for the Princess Diana Beanie Baby bear. People are just paying more than $10 for a 1984 Donruss Don Mattingly card, though. I guess that's what's gonna happen with Pops, a lot won't maintain their value but a fraction will go for more.

People will look at those situations and most will still not get why things get the value they do.
>>
>>84446389
Yinsen is from not!Tibet though
>>
>>84446293
The magazine ended in 2011 though arguably it died long before that. The company still exists but Gareb Shamus has nothing to do with it anymore; it's mainly a comic convention company.
>>
File: isis on anime.png (494KB, 680x1071px) Image search: [Google]
isis on anime.png
494KB, 680x1071px
>>84446428

>muslim makes a weaponized suit of power arm to fight SHIELD

They really didn't think this through.
>>
i hate johnston but he's right

he's press, he can report on leaks. it's marvel's job not to have leaks

if slott is so buttfurious about leaks, then the best way to stop leaks? plug the leaks. maybe if he wrote good stories he'd have respect within marvel's offices and people wouldn't want to spoil the stories
>>
>>84446481
There's not really any way to stop leaks on stuff that has shipped on time. Again it's not as if this is some super secret inside source who posted stuff online like with Civil War 2 a couple of months back (obviously from someone who was at the Marvel retreat). Plenty of shops received this book already because the release date is tomorrow.
>>
>>84446425
People think Wizard or Overstreet set the prices. Both were meant to be a guide based on surveying retailers, etc. So if a comic is "worth $50" that is an average.

However, that doesn't mean selling it back to a store they'll give you $50. That's what the store would sell it for. So they'd give you (at best) 50% of it, because they have to resell it and make a profit. Same as a pawn store. You want quick and easy cash? Take that route. If you want the full value? Sell it yourself, don't sell it to a reseller.

>>84446446
Sure, some stuff still becomes valuable, due to rarity or other cultural reasons. Batman Adventures #12 was overlooked (kids book) and is the first appearance of Harley Quinn. People weren't buying multiple copies of some random kids book, they were sinking their money into whatever hot new #1 was out, which is always a sucker's bet.

As a long-time reader/collector, people have asked me how to make money on comics. I tell them don't bother. To "get rich" you have to be lucky, like if you bought Walking Dead #1 at the time. Trying to guess what will become valuable is almost a fool's errand. Might as well play the lottery.
>>
>>84446526

Yeah, it's ilke trying to stop people who bought MW2 in a mom and pop shop so that they could finish the campaign before the game officially came out.
>>
>>84446395
But that was a one panel gag out of 60 years of hetero continuity.
>>
>>84442113
what comic did the America mask guy appear in?
>>
>>84446594

That's Citizen V of the Thunderbolts

Totally not Baron Zemo trying to play superhero
>>
>>84446594
None.
That's Citizen V.Probably Zemo.
>>
>>84446594
That's who he's talking about, Citizen V.

Zemo's set up got tied up in Standoff and now Cap so it might not be until NOW that he's back in that suit.
>>
>>84446593
yeah and? Being bi doesn't mean your sexual partners must be exactly 50-50
>>
>>84446389
Well Tone was originally captured in Vietnam but Yinsen was from some fake place that sounded Chinese. The movie origin in Afghanistan was retconned in at some point but I guess Yinsen is still from northern China?
>>
What the fuck was even the leak?
>>
>>84446594
I think Spencer's planning to use Superior Cap to set up Zemo returning to the Citizen V persona.
>>
>>84446680
every new series in the relaunch
>>
File: yinsen ellis.jpg (773KB, 1600x1534px)
yinsen ellis.jpg
773KB, 1600x1534px
>>84446655

He's just an Asian guy who was also kidnapped by the terrorists now.
>>
>>84446684
>Superior Cap to set up Zemo returning to the Citizen V persona.
>>
>>84443558
Tiny Titans made the same joke
>>
>>84446684
That's basically what he's said, yeah
>>
>>84446684
I can't accept Zemo becoming a hero after he decapitated a Shield guy in cold blood during Pleasant Hill
>>
>>84446717
He fell off the wagon, possibly put together wrong given that Kobik is a Red Skull plant rewriting reality to make other people love Hydra.
>>
>>84446717
Thankfully, I have no such problems with Doom becoming Avenger.
>>
>>84446717

If that's what he's doing, why are people hating Spencer's Captain America? It's great and that's a brilliant lead up.
>>
>>84446717
Well that was because he was angry but it's also part of how he's spiraling toward rock bottom before he gets his shit together. All that Spencer is doing with him is meant to be seen as somewhat irrational and out of character.
>>
So right now, which comic book publisher is doing best?

DC, Marvel, Image, Valiant or Dark Horse?
>>
>>84446647
Agreed? I only got as far back in the reply chain about Herc being suddenly turned straight. There's only one piece of contrary evidence against decades of evidence. Meaning, if he was turned 'suddenly' anything it was that he was 'suddenly' bi.

Feel free to contextualize about mythological inspiration for the character and changing social mores. And I got no problems with Herc sucking dicks. But the textual evidence is stark.
>>
>>84446794
Best sales-wise? Marvel

Best story-wise? That's really up to your opinion. Not Marvel, though.
>>
>>84446794

I'm really getting into Valiant's trade library after only checking out a few things here and there.

Their shared universe is great, really tightly crafted.
>>
>>84446691
Alan Davis and Ewing made Yinsen younger during Secret Wars.
>>
>>84446741
>>84446753

No matter how you explain it, short of total mind control, he still decapitated a guy.

There is no redemption for that. He needs to be punished tangibly, not the usual slap-on-the-wrist "Oh I'll just be a good guy for a few months or years, that totally makes up for it!!!"
>>
File: June 2016 Comic Sales.png (42KB, 390x621px) Image search: [Google]
June 2016 Comic Sales.png
42KB, 390x621px
>>84446794
Depends on what you mean by "best." If we're talking sales, Marvel is in the lead in terms of dollar and market share. But they also publish nearly twice the amount of comics at an average of a higher average price point that DC does and has just a 10% lead over them in the market. DC is doing well for itself overall considering how much of the market they have and the amount of books they have. The indies are doing their thing with their lower print runs. If you're talking quality, well that's subjective.
>>
>>84446846
Zemo's done a lot of bad and morally grey things even when he was actively trying to be a hero.
>>
>>84446846
I don't know what you're saying here. Even as a hero he's not meant to be a squeaky clean guy.
>>
>>84446846
> He needs to be punished tangibly

When has that ever, ever, ever happened in comics?
>>
>>84446534
>However, that doesn't mean selling it back to a store they'll give you $50. That's what the store would sell it for. So they'd give you (at best) 50% of it, because they have to resell it and make a profit. Same as a pawn store. You want quick and easy cash? Take that route. If you want the full value? Sell it yourself, don't sell it to a reseller.

Yeah, that's what so fucking people do not get. And I've seen people bitching online about how retailers lowball them. They don't get that if a retailer bought at guide and sold at guide, they get nothing. Rent and utilities is not gonna pay for itself.

>Sure, some stuff still becomes valuable, due to rarity or other cultural reasons. Batman Adventures #12 was overlooked (kids book) and is the first appearance of Harley Quinn. People weren't buying multiple copies of some random kids book, they were sinking their money into whatever hot new #1 was out, which is always a sucker's bet.

That's the thing about it, very few cared about Batman Adventures #12 because it was considered noncanonical to the show. And for more than a decade you could find it in bargain bins. But then suddenly it's decided that it was the first time Harley appeared in a comic and now people are paying thousands because stores back then overordered on Spawn or X-Men while minimizing orders on Batman Adventures #12.

There was an article a few weeks ago where they were talking about how comics were a great investment and pointed to Batman Adventures #12:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/comic-books-alternative-investment-plays-batman-superman-171845937.html#

Notice how they only mentioned that it was the first appearance of Harley Quinn and not the context for when it was published. Or the fact that for every Batman Adventures #12 there's like hundreds of titles from that time that go for like 50 cents. Like I said, people will look at those situations and most of them will still not get why things get the value they do.
>>
File: Cosplay is baaaad.png (469KB, 745x652px) Image search: [Google]
Cosplay is baaaad.png
469KB, 745x652px
>>84446886
>>
>>84446881
end of every Punisher story?
>>
>>84444190
>that's right guys the general public agrees with us here at 4chan despite the fact that it has 1/10 the popularity of the average social networking site
>>
>>84446952
And point to me the story of The Puninsher getting his due for being basically a mass murderer?
>>
>>84446932
>probably more fun than scouring the classifieds for menial jobs
>probably
There was never a time that was fun.
>>
File: Brevroot.png (111KB, 635x666px)
Brevroot.png
111KB, 635x666px
Of course Brevroot is getting in on the action.
>>
>>84446977
It doesn't count if you're killing criminals, only if you kill an innocent
>>
File: 1468244699495-co_1.jpg (35KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1468244699495-co_1.jpg
35KB, 500x358px
>>84446999
>That Johnson reply

SAVAGE
>>
>>84447053
>>84447053
Johnston*
>>
>>84446999
it's like a snake eating its own tail
>>
>>84446999
>defending the Ghostbusters remake
Does he want to be wrong about everything?
>>
>>84446999
>>84440943
It's like those documentaries about sea lions fighting each other.
>>
File: 1449318829177.jpg (15KB, 400x400px)
1449318829177.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>84446999
>>
Dan Slott is honestly more entertaining than any comic he has written.
>>
File: gerald-finding-dory-325x280.jpg (9KB, 325x280px) Image search: [Google]
gerald-finding-dory-325x280.jpg
9KB, 325x280px
>>84447077
>>
>>84447109
Too thin. Sea lions are terrible fat like Dan or Tom.
>>
>>84446877
>>84446878

Lopping off an innocent hostage's head is not morally grey.

Look. Bottom line is, you can't cut someone's head off and just be able to go back to being a hero like nothing happened. I will never accept that.
>>
>>84447118
>>
>>84441404
>the View

That trite shit is till on television?
>>
>>84447135
He was complicit with what SHIELD was doing so he wasn't 100% innocent.
>>
>>84446999
HOW CAN BREVROOT EVEN RECOVER?
>>
File: 1467850583238.jpg (208KB, 892x690px)
1467850583238.jpg
208KB, 892x690px
>>84447135

>he thinks that's the worst thing Zemo's ever done
>>
>>84447053
Brevoort didn't reply to it, but Declan Shalvey replied to Rich with "Maybe because certain websites already do it all the time? That way they get to 'spoil' on their own terms."
>>
>>84447174
Shalvey is right. Marvel could have released all this info weeks or months ago. It's timing and strategy. Also making sure all the proper info is released alongside things, like promotional images, or creator info, whatever.

Rich speculated on info given to him by someone else looking at the images causing misinformation. Nothing too harmful I think, but still. Rich just wanted to "break the news" and get hits on his site and does not care about actually verifying things or getting things right.
>>
>>84447135
ok then don't read the book because it's happening regardless
>>
>>84447142
Sigh. Maybe I mistook it with other similar animal?
>>
I know Rich is hated around these parts and I'm not a fan either, but Rich is based for this week for the onslaught.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (187KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
187KB, 1920x1080px
>>84447305
well sea lions can be fat

but slim sea lions also exist

it's seriously just a joke about how the first sea lion posted gets yelled at by two other sea lions for sitting on their rock
>>
>>84447165
Seeing it done on-panel gives it a gravity you don't get when writers just mention so-and-so horrific acts he did in a speech bubble.

>>84447153

The guy was an accountant. Holy shit man, you're arguing like a fucking Muslim. That makes everyone ok to kill because no one's 100% innocent, is that right?
>>
>>84447307
They don't want to touch the fact that it was all leaked here before then.

Rich undercut Marvel and scanbro undercut him
>>
>>84447448
I think scanbro is ok with Rich taking the heat on this one
>>
>>84447448
It's like there's some rule against mentioning 4chan on twitter.
>>
Speaking of spoilers, isn't Civil War II out this week?

I'm surprised no one spoiled who dies in it yet.
>>
>>84447513
Uh I'm pretty sure lost in all the leaks was confirmation of what we all thought was going to happen
>>
>>84447544

>Dr. Doom is the new Iron Man

>Tony's nowhere in the post-CW2 solicits

Anon, I think we have some bad news for you
>>
>>84447571
It's Bruce Banner, you mong
>>
>>84447544
I mean people on /co/ have guessed that Banner would be killed by Hawkeye like months ago but I'm just surprised Scanbro didn't say anything about the issue since it's out this week.
>>
>>84447448
How about shutting the fuck up about stuff

TUMBLR/REDDIT leaked it
>>
>>84447571
It's Banner
Scan bro said Clint kills Banner because a banner gets mad and had previously given him a special arrow
>>
>>84441270
Yeah, something that doesn't go mentioned in any article is that this poll was started when the only teaser we had was the two page spread of different teams. No announcements about what books were going to be relaunched/added and nothing about creative teams.

By comparison CBR also has a lot of polls about individual books and the spread in opinion is not nearly as one sided as it is in this one instance.
>>
>>84447695
he did confirm that in the same thread
>>
>>84447704
scanbro is the original leaker, my dude

Rich gets all his "scoops" from scanbro
>>
>>84447738
Well fuck, I missed out on that thread.
>>
>>84445856

Jesus. Dan is a fucking moron.
>>
>>84443309
Loki counts as trans.
>>
>>84447917
anon please

Loki is genderfluid
>>
>>84447762
The only shit he's ever gotten from me was whatever he found here and took. I've never communicated with him at all, or anyone else.

I only post shit here. That's it.
>>
>>84448455
I didn't mean you give it to him, I just meant he comes here and uses your threads as scoops while pretending he's the original source
>>
>>84448489
actually, he had a different leaker this week. Only the miles/gwen pic was from our Scanbro
>>
>>84448531
I scanned like 30 pages of it. But yeah, he had someone else feeding him the info. He didn't get pictures until hours later, and I had posted most everything here before that.
>>
>>84448566
I think it was a mix he posted. He mentioned you in at least one post (I think the one with all the ongoings?)
>>
>>84444143
1. Slott could definitely use a bitchslap from Noah.
2. Pandering hard to an ultra minority results in an ultra minority boost in interest.

Part of me wonders though if slott isn't actually playing up the outrage for more press, and he isn't going JUST AS PLANNED behind the scenes.
>>
We should kidnap Bendis and Slott, lock them in a basement together, and starve them until one kills and eats the other. Then, and only then, will the survivor have the right to claim the title of Most Loathsome Comic Book Writer.
>>
>>84440943
What, Slott is crying about covers?
Covers are the first things a reader sees, how it could spoil anything for them is absurd.
>>
>>84448795
It's dumber than that. He's upset the cover reveal got "spoiled"
>>
>>84445351

Gay Indian Giant-Man saved them, so they complained about the patriarchy.

It was just a throwaway one-panel gag, though.
>>
>>84445500
>blaming people fleeing their war torn board
>>
>>84448795
Dan Slott is a big whiny baby-man with bad teeth and a small penis.

Source: I'm his wife.
>>
>>84446394
What happened to you, Danny boy? WHAT HAPPENED?
>>
>>84441857
So...
WHAT was the Ms. America teaser actually about?
Thread posts: 524
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.