[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would win?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 653
Thread images: 52

Who would win?
>>
>>84405392
Finn has more experience but steven is not only more powerful but has a pretty OP defense.
>>
>>84405392
>Steven doesn't get help from other Gems or Connie
>Finn doesn't get help from Jake
Finn curbstomps the little shit. He's used to fighting enemies with magical bullshit powers. Besides, what's Steven gonna do to him? Shieldbash him to death? Best he can do is bubble himself and attempt to wait it out, but Finn would find a way to break it soon enough.

>Steven gets help from the Gems and/or Connie, Finn gets Jake
The Crystal Gems and Connie murder the shit out of both of them while Steven runs support.
>>
>>84405392
Been a while since I watched A, but I'm going to assume

Natural abilities only: Steven (I'm counting the shield)

With Weapons: Finn
>>
>>84405392
Steven has way better plot armor in his show, and way better established abilities. Most likely he could just talk Finn down anyway.
>>
>>84405392
I don't know what Finn is capable of nowadays but I'm sure he could slip Steven's shit in core combat.
Steven would bubble himself and reason with him or wait for one his gem/human friends to fight for him.
>>
Theoretically, I think Steven's stronger and more versatile. I don't think he'd be aggressive enough to actually win, though.
>>
>>84405510
jake is actually super fucking competent but is too lazy to use his full potential
if its a death battle and jake is aware of it CG's are fucked
>>
>>84405660
Death Battle rules would make them both ready to kill I think. It's not like Finn would have it in him to kill Steven in normal conditions either. The guy couldn't even crush a neutral ant.
>>
>>84405392
Stevens real strength is his ability to talk his enemies down, he could easily bubble himself for the time fin wants to fight, then just talk to fin while he desperately tries to get in
They'd sit there and chat, probably become friends
then steven would unbubble himself and bam he "won" the fight
Basically, steven would "win" by not winning.
>>
>>84405392
Finn that cursed plant blade is OP as fuck.
>>
>>84405392

Couldn't really work. The entire point of Steven's character is NOT fighting, instead by talking and listening he gains allies.
>>
File: ss (2016-07-10 at 09.26.09).jpg (125KB, 1060x598px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-10 at 09.26.09).jpg
125KB, 1060x598px
>>84405782
This
I think in the comics it shows it better
>>
>>84405392
>Finn + Jake VS Steven and Connie (or Steven and Gems)
Depends on how OP and competent they feel like making Jake for the encounter.

Just Finn VS Steven
At the moment either Finn or a draw (this just being if Finn doesn't have an answer to bubble shield). Steven has crazy defense and some other powers but he is still figuring them out. Finn may have magic weapons and is way more experienced (he's also pretty damn strong isn't he? Like he lifted some abomination in Dad's Dungeon right?)
>>
Steven has higher potential, Finn has better experience.

Steven might fend Finn off with his abilities for a bit, especially if Finn's slacking off per usual and underestimates Steven, but once Finn gets serious Steven doesn't stand a chance.
>>
>>84406570
>cuck house
>>
File: shiggynicholson.png (2MB, 760x564px) Image search: [Google]
shiggynicholson.png
2MB, 760x564px
>>84406570
>>
File: Ibben.png (165KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
Ibben.png
165KB, 400x450px
>>84406612
>>84406689
>>
File: What_the_Hell_are_log_bolts.jpg (158KB, 750x421px) Image search: [Google]
What_the_Hell_are_log_bolts.jpg
158KB, 750x421px
>>84405510
This is the correct answer.

Alright, now who wins pic related.
>>
>>84405851
This. I bet it can pop the bubble and Steven can't hold the shield for too long.
>>
File: 1462736745095.gif (1MB, 1275x916px) Image search: [Google]
1462736745095.gif
1MB, 1275x916px
Even as a bigger SU fan, Finn has it in the bag. Steven is only semi competent with his powers now and his arent offense oriented generally. The only way Steven would win is with "muh prep time" so he could make a plant army, and still- finn would probably win. The trouble further is that Stevens main ability is instapassing every charisma check all the time, and in a death battle- that doesnt apply.
Also Finn is a deity that reincarnates itself Vishnu style, and he rarely loses.
End series Aang vs Finn is a better MC fight
>>
File: _20160708_162607.jpg (85KB, 506x982px) Image search: [Google]
_20160708_162607.jpg
85KB, 506x982px
>>84406570
>>
File: 1466407378798.gif (2MB, 441x329px) Image search: [Google]
1466407378798.gif
2MB, 441x329px
>>84406570
You have to be shitposting. No one could be this much of a faggot. And i'm a person who likes TLH.

also
>A teen with a lot of swords and a magical dog
>A kid with a shield, being able to bubble himself and a powerful trio
>vs
>a unarmed kid

Yeah, linc will totally destroy them.
>>
>>84405392
Finn will win in a cuck competition, Steven will win in a crying competition.
>>
>>84405392
> deformed kid whit excellent fighting skills who vs fat fruity transexual abomination
fin wins becouse the other it is a pussy
>>
>>84406913
It is shitposting you hopeless newfag. You don't reply seriously to shitposting when it's this obvious.
>>
File: finn slice.jpg (143KB, 900x579px) Image search: [Google]
finn slice.jpg
143KB, 900x579px
>>84405392
Finn. Steven's powers are only really defense oriented, and he hasn't even mastered them. Finn's fucking deadly as hell.
>>
>>84406967
>newfag
I knew he was shitposting. Just giving him what he wants.
>>
>>84405392
Finn wouldn't fight Steven, hes all about honour and defending the innocent and Steven is innocence personified

They'd probably just bro out, but if it came down to it Finn would probably off himself before he harmed someone like Steven
>>
>>84407221
Then why didn't you say that in the first place?
>>
>>84407221
But just saying something like that, you should have know that people are gonna react like that, faggot.
>>
>>84406807
Aang wins by landing on a pointy rock

Better question is which wins more matchups: the Avatar Cycle or the Finn Cycle?
>>
This is Death Battle Rules, faggots. No talking down and bro'ing it out.

>>84407221
You're Kancer with a Kapital K.
>>
>>84407363
The Avatar cycle obviously, all of them have powers while most of Finn's reincarnations are harmless things.
>>
Finn for one reason
STEVEN
DOESN'T
FIGHT
Steven has only fought like twice on his own (Centapeedle, and something else). It's usually the crystal gems who do the defeating. Steven is usually just the defender and morale support
Finn actually fights.
>>
The general projection seems to be Steven gaining a lot more skill/powers while Finn kind of stays at the same level fighting wise, so in the future Stevie will probably be badass enough to kick Finn's ass, but as of right now I'm still thinking Finn.

Steven's support and he can't do much without any teammates to back up. Finn's entire thing is how powerfully offensive he is. Finn vs Steven will probably be a stalemate for a while but one of them will run out of energy first, and I think Steven's mix of not having the best grasp on his powers all the time and Finn canonically being a bottomless reserve of energy will win it for him.
>>
File: Timmy ATLOG2 57452963_p10.jpg (802KB, 1351x1324px) Image search: [Google]
Timmy ATLOG2 57452963_p10.jpg
802KB, 1351x1324px
>>84407789
Lincon's sisters would flock to Finn faster than seagulls to fish in Finding Nemo.

He'd dunk his Pure Aryan thicc hero cock inside Lori and kill her before going straight into Leni and put Lincon's Log to shame.
>>
>>84405392
Fins an expirenced adventurer and dungeon delver he will slaughter steven
>>
>>84406807
>End series Aang vs Finn is a better MC fight
Uh, Finn's a dude with a sword and plucky determination, Aang is a demigod with all the past demigod's person's wisdom at his disposal with near mastery of 4 elemental fighting techniques.

Plot armor aside Finn might last like thirty seconds as long as they're both legit out for blood. Finn vs Aang as the start of the series would be better and even then Aang might win with his novice's knowledge of air bending.
>>
Nobody would win.

Finn couldn't even squish a true neutral ant let alone anyone 'good'. Steven wouldn't harm a rock, nevermind the idea of killing another human bean.
>>
>>84406744
>Giffany can shut down Krieger's Waifu
>Soos gets shot by Krieger
>Krieger can hack Giffany but it takes a while
>But she can hack his lab to have every robot he has made against him
>Krieger gets BTFO
>It ends with the stupid planet of the apes quote that stopped being funny when they used more than twice

Once again proving that 2D > 3D
>>
>>84408337

Yeah I feel like this is kind of Superman vs Batman scenario. People would go to pretend a skillfull human who wins solely because of plot armor, can defeat a skillfull demigod simply by preptime
>>
>>84408211
I dunno. The show's made a point of nerfing him pretty hard as of the last 3 seasons. In Dad's Dungeon he lifted a fucking huge ass monster over his head and into a pit with only a sword like >>84405938 said. In Stakes he threw a tree and was immediately pooped despite being older and theoretically much more faster, stronger and having much more stamina.

Finn might actually lose this one if we incorporate him getting his ass beat by bees, some rouge thief princess, a robot that only shoots cannonballs and other stuff I'm probably missing. And since Steven is a talker, he could talk Finn down mentally with his past romantic relationships and go in for the kill.
>>
>>84408352
That's all put aside for the purpose of these proposed "death battles."
>>
>>84408442
>Steven is a talker, he could talk Finn down mentally with his past romantic relationships and go in for the kill.
Bullshit, Steven isn't mean enough to do something like that, even in a death match.
>>
>>84408352
I'm pretty sure that's ignored for this stuff
Steven has nowhere near the combat expirence of Finn

Fin also knows fancy ice ninja magic
>>
>>84408442
I mostly attribute that stuff to just lazy writing that needs to quickly move plots along and stuff. I guess that is cheating since I'm not going 100% by what the show's said but you gotta put common sense into it at some point I think.

It's like, Pearl got defeated by ketchup in one episode of SU, but I'm not gonna go ahead and say that she can be defeated by that consistently just because it was in one episode. You gotta kind of go by what the show meaningfully says and the impression I get from all those incidents of Finn jobbing wasn't that his hero skills are degenerating and stuff.
>>
>>84408442
When you say pooped do you mean that episode where he said "pooped" like four times in the really throaghty and exhausted manor? I think he was just being lazy that day. When he gets pumped he just fights for as long as it holds his interest. Like that infinite train of bad guys
>>
>>84408567
Yeah that is a problem adventure time has Finn is just to powerful
>>
>>84405579
Literally none of that matters in the Death Battle set up at least none of it should, fucking Joker vs Needles.
In a death battle that is the only win condition, the opponents death. The only change to either character is their hesitation with killing their opponent, any of which is removed. This will not make Steve-O any more aggressive or competent than normal.
>>
>>84408598
>I think he was just being lazy that day.
Finn's always pumped for bad guys that are stronger than him or ones that threaten his loved ones. Though, it was Marceline's miniseries, so he had to look retarded and weak.

>>84408596
Finn >>>>> POWERGAP >>>> Dogshit >>>>>> Lincon's Log >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brad
>>
File: f029.jpg (191KB, 869x1258px) Image search: [Google]
f029.jpg
191KB, 869x1258px
tl;dr
Steven refuses to fight and has his shield and bubble up as he talks while Finn tries to break his defenses down. Eventually they stop fighting and go to beach city for a fucking hot dog.

Funny thing about 1 on 1 duels with one who fights with a weapon compared to one who fights with a shield.
Defense always wins.
Shields were naturally made to block weapons and projectiles, the fight was "Won" before it even began, but the real kicker here is what >>84405790 said. Steven doesn't like to fight, but there are times where he just REFUSES to fight, and he makes damn well sure of that. His shield is OP as fuck and the bubble shield is strong as fuck, but not unbreakable. Finn would still have a tough time popping that son of a bitch, but still, that Shield is Captain America levels of bullshit unbreakable and he'd have an earful of Steven talking to him for the entire time he's wailing on him.
>>
>>84408839
What part of DEATH BATTLE do you not understand.

Also, all Finn'd have to do is wait until Steven tires himself out before he goes to town on the fat fucker. And who knows? He might just try and damage Steven from the inside by rolling the ball around and making him smack the sides of it.
>>
File: finn-beatup.jpg (141KB, 847x475px) Image search: [Google]
finn-beatup.jpg
141KB, 847x475px
>>84408648
>The only change to either character is their hesitation with killing their opponent, any of which is removed.
Then Finn's greatest leg up on Steven is removed, because without Steven's usual pacifist tendencies, his innate powers mash Finn easily. He's much more physically strong, and resistant to injury, with many regenerative and protective abilities. Finn is an experienced fighter, but he gets his bacon saved by his OP transforming dog plenty.
>>
As a huge fan of both shows ', I can say with absolute certainty that Finn would win. Steven is a lover, not a fighter, most conflicts he resolves are without violence.
>>
what are finn's current powers and abilities? I stopped watching after one of those "art" episodes.
>>
>>84405392
>>>Steven tells fin about his GF
>>Finn dies
>>
File: 1446056256879.png (160KB, 378x402px) Image search: [Google]
1446056256879.png
160KB, 378x402px
>>84408839
>tl;dr
>proceeds to post a 900 characters reply

>Finn would still have a tough time popping that son of a bitch
He would if he didn't have the Grass Sword of Bullshit with the ability to appear conveniently when a plot needs to be solved and cut through almost anything. Besides it seems you're forgetting Steven can't keep his shield up for long periods of time.
>>
>>84408946
honestly not much aside from very high agility, strength, and energy. also has a ridiculous tolerance to pain. that and he's been fighting and killing monsters since he was like 11 years old.
people may try to spin his almost always absent thorn thing or reincarnation bullshit into bigger deals but they're practically irrelevant.
>>
>>84408925
>He's much more physically strong
>Steven is stronger than Finn
I don't think so, anon.

>>84409021
Since he was a baby. His hat is made from a skinned evil white bear.
>>
>>84405787
Because it was neutral.
>>
>People saying Steven would body Finn
It's fucking Flash vs Quicksilver. And Finn is The Flash.
>>
>>84407164
That's not the case. They are in a death battle.
>>
>>84408925
>and resistant to injury,
I've seen the clues for Steven being strong, but where was he shown to be resistant to injury?

Even Pearl can be kebab'd by a normal sword anyway, so I'm not sure if that even matters here
>>
>>84408925
Steven and Finn are both stronger than an average kid their age would be but I think Finn has Steven beat in that regard. Finn pulls off near superhuman feats of strength fairly often while the most impressive thing I can recall Steven doing is ripping that arcade machine off its pedestal.
There may be things I'm forgetting though, and maybe it will be revealed that Steven can use his gem to give him super strength or some shit.
>>
Steven is more powerful in every regard but he doesn't have that murderous drive that Finn does. I'm going with Finn. Steven would find it difficult to hurt anyone but Finn would maim himself just to win.
>>
>>84409181
The only "regard" Steven is better than Finn in is using magic.

And dating girls.
>>
>>84408839
t. someone who has never fought with a weapon.

If there were a knife and a shield on a table and I had to take one and fight someone with what was left I would pick knife everytime. You're a complete joker,
>>
>>84409048
>Steven is stronger than Finn
What are his feats that he accomplished without the grass sword? I don't remember anything THAT impressive for a normal human. Steven on the other hand does things like casually picking up a teenager and moving her aside without even thinking about it, and tossing a minifridge into a monster's head.
>>
File: stevenAtALoss.jpg (37KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
stevenAtALoss.jpg
37KB, 500x281px
Steven is a more realistic child, which is why Finn would beat his ass in.

The real question is who wins: adult Steven vs adult Finn? Both with better control and ability.

and yes, Steven decides to age in this scenario.
>>
>>84409231
Steven has super strength, super durability (maybe), and can jump good.
>>
>>84409181
>implying Finn wouldn't tear that chubby boy from limb from limb.
Finn kills monsters, and does it infinitely until he dies. Have you ever seen "Dungeon Train,"? He would spend the rest of his life killing monsters spawning forever. Finn is almost impermeable to pain. He can withstand the heat from lava. You break Finn's legs and he say "whatever." Finn is ruthless in a combat situation, have you ever seen the epiosde where he was in a colosseum?
>>
>>84408337
>Finn vs Aang as the start of the series would be better and even then Aang might win with his novice's knowledge of air bending.
Aang started the series as an airbending master. That's what the arrow tattoos signify.
>>
>>84409134
>I've seen the clues for Steven being strong, but where was he shown to be resistant to injury?
In the lion episode, he fell off a cliff saying "catch me! I'll die! above a ledge that would have killed a normal kid, and didn't get hurt almost at all. In "Serious Steven" he fucking jumped out of an amusement park ride that was high in the air, and didn't seem to understand that that's not a thing someone can normally do and walk away from.
>>
>>84409256
>Stevens greatest feats of strength are picking up a teenager without thinking, and throwing a fridge
Meanwhile Finn takes down monsters 5 times his size. Even in hand to hand combat Finn will come out on top, he doesn't need a grads sword, he already is an expert swordsman. Any blade would do.
>>
>>84409170
>Finn pulls off near superhuman feats of strength fairly often
He does high-flying stunts, but he often has Jake to catch him. Unless I'm forgetting something.
>>
>>84409267
If we're going for both of their projected versions of adult Finn and Steven I think Steven would have it in the bag.

I think Finn will just in general be a better version of young Finn, while Steven has a basically bottomless potential of new gem powers and tricks to unlock and learn. Plus he's practically immortal, so doesn't that let him have like millennia to get beefier?
And adult Steven would at some point learn how to kick ass by himself, which is basically young Finn's biggest advantage against young Steven.

I still think Finn>Steven at current ages but I can't see older Finn beating older Steven.
>>
>>84409342
So you're abandoning the line of argument that Finn is stronger than Steven?
>>
>>84409256
see >>84409281 and >>84408442

He fucking ripped the lich's head to shreds using a sweater. He's able to withstand a tremendous amount of physical and mind torture too from magical gnomes torturing him and the "FALL" scene from Escape From the Citidel.
>>
>>84409345
Remember when he got the Demon Blood sword and he lifted that gigantic monster over his head and into the pit?

Even if Steven IS somehow stronger then Finn he doesn't have anywhere near the technique or experience to use it effectively
>>
>>84409240
You could bludgeon with a shield while defending yourself in this hypothetical situation. I'd say you chose poorly. That said, Finn would still mop the floor with Steven. That midget any gonna get any leverage.
>>
>>84409274
Yeah and Finn has all that and more. Dude dipped his head into a volcano once.

Also Steven gets tired running on the beach for five minutes
>>
>>84409306
But even the title sequence says he has a lot to learn.
>>
>>84409373
No
>>
>This is the new Superman vs Batman nerdom
>>
>>84409399
>I'd say you chose poorly
And again, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
i always find these threads to be really comfy for some reason.
>>
>>84409473
You kind of did though.
>>
>>84408890
>>84408453
>>84408566

IF it is like that and we forgot characterization. ...

Steven could use his power to control magic plants to take over Finn's arm.

He use Finn own arm to attack him, and kill him with a Akira style mutation taking over his body.
>>
>>84409373
https://youtu.be/9jFfOUvIxWc?t=65

Pretty sure that monster thing is heavier then a fridge
>>
>>84409482
>and again
First time we've interacted in this thread, anon.
>>
>>84409267
Really hard to tell. We have no idea what Steven is capable of, both because we don't know the full extent of Rose's powers and how they affect Steven being half human
>>
Finn would win and you want to know why?
Magic.
When SU first started we were led to believe that the CG's were in fact magical guardians of Earth and their powers were derived from mystic abilities.
However after Sugar went x-files on us we were told that all the gems powers come from sufficiently advanced science that appeared to be magical. The most though that we have been given in terms of science though is that the gems are holographic in nature and interact physically by some means of hard-light.
Now in AT magic is an actual thing and is consistently referred to as magic save for one instance where PB insists that "magic" is in fact scientific in nature and berates the wizards of Wizard City for practicing it without understanding it. In this same episode we see many wizards performing various spells and the like and PB briefly giving possible explanations of what is really behind it. Yet each of her explanations are extremely theoretical stuff and despite her stance she continues to call magic, magic admitting her inability to fully grasp it.
Thus we can infer that as much as Steven thought the gems relatively simple powers were magic, the gems would think AT's reality bending spells are magic.
Now how does this all tie into Finn bodying Steven?
>Uncle Grandpa.
In the crossover event UG takes the gems on a madness inducing ride using his cosmic powers and utterly btfo's thousand of years old warriors.
Finn's plot sword is cosmic in nature and not only would be in the hands of an experienced fighter but would be facing a defense heavy kid who has never tried to use his powers offensively.
>>
>>84409529
All you need to do is parry a single bludgeoning strike or hook a shield to do get lethal or debilitating damage with a short blade.
>>
>>84409495
I ignored it because I though it was bait. The answer is pretty simple No Steven is not stronger than Finn . But even if he was it would be irrelavent. Finn has pulled off that just as easily. He frequently holds women about his size, and does it without thinking. He can deroot trees. The reason being is that even IF we was stronger, it wouldn't mean everything. It's more about technique, Finn is an expert fighter, the physically strongest fighter isn't always the best one. That's like Fighting 101
>>
Steven's got shields and is all defensive while also being very physically strong but if Finn were to cut him good I bet Steven would stand down from a serious injury.
>>
File: 1398320198600.png (471KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
1398320198600.png
471KB, 500x733px
>>84409498
He doesn't control plants. He brings them to life and they become soldiers. He might just end up making Pic Related if he does that considering the Sword is already intelligent
>>
>>84409256
Flipping the monster in Dad's Dungeon is the only feat you need to show that Finn doesn't need the plant sword to be a badass.
>>
>>84409591
Physical prowess is going to win out no matter which you pick.
>>
File: 1468202425219.gif (51KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1468202425219.gif
51KB, 500x376px
>>84409498
Why nobody else took in consideration tgat Steven can control plants and that Finn's arm is a MADE of grass?

Hell, Steven could of not only control it, maybe even possess it if he spich on Finn's arm.
>>
>>84405392
ScrewAttack
>>
>>84409634
Define what you mean by prowess exactly before I agree.
>>
File: 1459415937577.gif (805KB, 595x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1459415937577.gif
805KB, 595x1600px
>>84409070
Nah, it's more of an Unstoppable Force vs. an Immovable Object type deal.

>Rules for Death Battle
>The combatants encounter each other with no prior knowledge or prep, just their usual gear
>They have all inhibition towards killing the other removed and WANT to kill them(so kind characters will murder outright)
>They can't be helped by allies (though apparently people say this one isn't actually a rule so I may be wrong)

So, we have regular Finn:
>Backpack with snacks & a phone usually
>Whatever sword he currently wields
>Plus Grass Sword which is very skilled and obscenely sharp
>Gorgeous flowing locks
>Finn's fairly strong alone, but Grass Sword can go crazy Tetsuo if needed
>Finn's not the smartest guy, but he has a lot more crazy battle experience
>No defenses aside from a fairly high pain threshold
>Average boy speed

And regular Steven:
>Bubble Shield that has been shown to withstand multiple monster strikes that he can expand/contract and roll
>Vibranium style shield that so far seems to both repel/cancel magic/energy and can break swords. can also be thrown.
>Fly, no, jump good
>Very strong sense of empathy/empathic ability (but the latter only shown with gems so far)
>Plant control powers (not counting since he can't control it really)
>Fairly strong (ripped an arcade machine apart with his bare hands)
>Not the smartest guy
>Average boy speed (not counting the jumping)

Yeah, it really comes down to if Steven's shields can withstand Tetsuo Grass Sword.
If he can, I think Steven edges out here, especially considering his regular shield has it's weird countering properties and Finn would be the kind to just try and wail on it till it broke his arms.
Steven has fairly low kill potential, but Finn literally doesn't wear armor and has nothing really protecting him from a shield to the face or a flying kick or anything like that.
>>
>>84409615
Or all of Finn's sword fighting moments that he has had with other weapons. The only sword that gave Finn an unnatural advantage was the grass sword, and he used that for like one season. Out of all the other weapons Finn has used throughout the series.
>>
Finn is a normal human with normal limits, normal skill, and normal physical attributes. That's pretty much the point of the show.
>>
>>84409638
Can Steven control plants? I thought that was just Rose's power but don't think he has it.
He can make melon people and stuff but I don't think that means he can control all plant matter ever and stuff. Or am I forgetting something?
>>
>>84409594
>Finn is an expert fighter, the physically strongest fighter isn't always the best one.
I agree, but what evidence is there to indicate he could do anything against Steven's Bubble? Defense-heavy is not a bad thing at all in this case, considering Finns attacks are almost all just wielding a basic sword really well. What era Finn are we talking here? For the sake of argument, let's assume most recent Steven.
>>
>>84409671
You forget that Finn is pretty much impermeable to physical pain.
>>
>>84409430
Finn a normal boy but with iron determination and murderous rage.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 620x443px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 620x443px
>setting is an evacuated town, so no innocents get hurt

Who wins
>>
>>84409591
You're not going to "parry" someone who brute forces you with a giant piece of thick wood, let alone an actual shield.
>>
>>84409281
Did you even read my post or did you seriously fail to get more than five words in?
>>
>>84409679
>normal limits
Withstanding heat from a volcano
>normal
>normal skill
So I guess everyone is an expert in hand to hand combat and weapons
>normal physical attributes
Yet deroots trees
Point of the show is just Finn and Jake in Ooo, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
File: Proud smug loli.gif (2MB, 269x321px) Image search: [Google]
Proud smug loli.gif
2MB, 269x321px
>>84409733
PPG easily. They're fucking invulnerable (but they can still feel pain). They are literally Superman split into 3 tiny little girls, man.
>>
>>84408352
>>84405787
>couldn't
Really it was "wouldn't". Under the rules of "these two are out for the kill", he'd do it.
>>
>>84409754
>I don't know how to parry
Yes could parry thick would with ease if you knew what you're doing. It's just deflection of force. Hell you could bind thick wood with a dagger and move in for grappling.
You're a retard.
>>
>>84409725
Finn's pain threshold is obscene, but he DOES still have normal boy durability.
He breaks his bones and gets cut just as easily as any other adventurous boy would.

Finn's basically a berserker while Steven's a weaker & slower captain america, with more shields.
Dual Swords vs. Lance, but without the lance
>>
>>84409671
>>They can't be helped by allies
Any resources one person is given is given to the other person.

Like in Metal Gear vs Splinter Cell both spies got their respective Tech Nerd Buddies
>>
>>84409679
What the hell are you talking about? Do you even watch the damn show?
>>
>>84409590
Uncle Grandpa is above Finn's level, Finn doesn't have access to the kind of meta magic that lets him know he's in a cartoon and initiate a crossover.

And the aliens in SU are still actually magical, aliens and magic are not mutually exclusive and the Gems themselves describe their own deal as magical, it's not an observation made in ignorance by non-Gems or the audience.

And I'm pretty sure dispelling magic is one of Steven's defensive abilities, he did it with Lapis's water clones.
>>
>>84409733
>>84409769
If it was NUPPG the Titans stand a good chance. Almost any giant monster on their own show in NUPPG can beat the shit out of them when they show up.

They are much weaker than the originals.
>>
>>84409807
True, but that's not going to stop him
>>
>>84409240
>He picks the pussy knife instead of the smashing board

Good luck, faggot.
>>
Finn is a more competent fighter.
>>
I think people jerk off Finn's grass thing too much. Ignoring the fact that its only come out twice and has shown to just decide to not do anything even when Finn is in danger, it doesn't even really seem absurdly powerful.

Killed Orgalorg and injured Lich but it didn't seem like it would take much to do either thing, and while what it did in Escape from the Citadel was impressive it ended up costing Finn a lot. At most it can give him the grass sword which would be redundant unless Finn already lost his first sword.

And again, keep in mind that there's like a 50/50 shot it does anything at all. Grass thorn is a flaky bitch.
>>
>>84409683
If he falls asleep he can assume direct control of one of the melons.

Steven is a little psychic I think.
>>
>>84409756
Yes, and saying Steven is more powerful in every regard is just ridiculous.
>>
File: mojojojoppg.png (1015KB, 1017x761px) Image search: [Google]
mojojojoppg.png
1015KB, 1017x761px
>>84409733
In a death battle setting they'd get their asses whooped. The PPG don't hold back at all. They'd probably be surprised when the Titan's heads explode because everyone seems somewhat invulnerable in PPG world..

But if they just walked into town one day, Robin could probably figure out their weakness pretty easy. It seems very easy to steal Chemical X.
>>
>>84409845
You wouldn't need luck. Depending on the shield it would be a forgone conclusion. Shields are useful as hell but there's a reason people either had weapons, or shields and weapons but no one without back up just had shields.
>>
>>84409848
Finn doesn't even need the grass sword. Any regular weapon would do.
>>
>>84405392
Both will win. With friendship.
>>
>>84409865
He's mostly empathic.
The melon control thing is likely a combination of his empathic ability and his plant control.
>>
>>84409899
I actually agree with you but there's lot of people who factor it into these fights as if its both an every day, OP as fuck part of his arsenal.
>>
>>84409898
Smashing board is weapon, and a good one at that
>>
>>84409806
You'd buckle under the weight, man. Technique can only work if paired with appropriate physical force. A knife is not appropriate force to respond to a shield. If you can't "parry" it bare handed ie withstand the impact with your naked wrists and arms, a knife isn't going to make a difference, you would likely drop it.
>>
>>84409767

But is Finn is consistently shown to have normal pain tolerance, he gets knocked out by hits like when the forest critters kidnap him, or the time he doesn't walk because he got an infection on his foot due to not wearing socks
>>
>>84409962
Unless you're shoving it would need to be drawn back to get that level of force. From there you disrupt and kill. It's not that hard. Seriously.
Show me examples in history of shields being used alone against armed men with no armour as anything other than an 'oh fuck I dropped my weapon'
I'll wait
>>
>>84409945
>smashing board
Are you memeing shit at me? I had a look around and all I could see was some fags video about link not having a sword.
>>
>>84410019
I'm sorry man but you're just talking shit if you're going "okay if someone stands in this specific position in this specific way then knife would win".

>Show me examples in history of shields being used alone against armed men with no armour as anything other than an 'oh fuck I dropped my weapon'
Excuse me but you're the one talking about knives here. Armed men don't use knives unless as an absolute last resort. People who typically use knives are thugs who prey on the defenseless.

This isn't World of Warcraft, maining the Rogue class doesn't actually let you pull off Blade Flurry.
>>
I feel like Finn's heroic willpower shit would tip the scales and secure him the win. That's the thing where he's totally dedicated to his current cause and has people believing in him and I'm pretty sure its behind most of his more spectacular wins, like that monster in Dad's Dungeon and ripping the Lich's skull apart.

From what I recall Steven doesn't have something like that and that aside I think they're pretty even, so that bullshit is probably exactly what Finn needs to bust through Steven's shield or bubble or something.
>>
Some important things to note about Steven's "defenses"
>Bubble shield has sustained being CHEWED by a giant mouth, as well as a giant spaceship crash/explosion
>Bubble shield can also be expanded to repulse enemies briefly if they're pressing against it
more importantly his ACTUAL shield can
>vary in size
>block giant lasers (honestly, hasn't been shown to break so far as far as I know)
>and apparently gives a repulsing force when struck that has been seen to disrupt "magic" (lapis's water clones) and shatter Pearl's holo-clones (and I think it broke their swords but i don't remember exactly)
It's basically Captain America's shield, but can expand.
>>
>>84409998
>consistently
How did Finn get knocked out? A wizard smashed a club on his head. How? Bears were mauling him, and pinning him down. He was walking, and his callus was a nuisance. Finn can take pain, you are completely disregarding the fact that he can withstand lava. Yes he had to get patched up, but that doesn't contradict the fact that he can witstand the pain. Steven's attacks aren't going to hurt him, therfore not going to stop him.
>>
>>84410082
>if someone stands in this way and position
What is using a fucking knife correctly?
Seriously? Hook the shield and win.
>armed men didn't use knives except as a last resort
Actually they were used rather often in a multitude of circumstances from armoured combat to fencing duels. You're an idiot.
>this isn't world of warcraft
Says the faggot who thinks movie fighting is how things work.
>>
>>84410127
>Actually they were used rather often in a multitude of circumstances from armoured combat to fencing duels.
Yeah, against other people with knives.

You're not going to "hook the shield", I would just bash your wrist in. And the only "movie fighting" that would resemble is a sad, sombre documentary about Asian kung fu masters getting their shit punched in by larger, more muscular boxers.
>>
>>84410102
Steven can only use his shield 3 times a day, so using it must exhaust him. Regardless Finn is an expert swordsman and can get passed a shield.
>>
If Finn were to use the shadowless thrust nothing would stand in his way but they forgot about that shit even though it's the coolest thin the show. Fuck AT.
>>
Finn is constantly fighting monsters 10 times larger than him on a daily basis. He knows how to use a sword and is familiar with fighting enemies with magical abilities. He's also super athletic and has some good agility to boot. Finn usually goofs around while fighting/adventuring which usually leads to his downfall half the time, but when he gets serious in a fight, Finn is no joke.

There's no way in hell Steven can outright beat Finn in a 1v1 fight. Steven is not a fighter at all while Finn is an experience swordsman. The best Steven can do is just stall the battle with his insanely strong shielding powers, but that's about it.
>>
>>84410224
>Steven can only use his shield 3 times a day
That's a really specific number, are you thinking about the Friend Ship episode? I don't think that meant he could literally only use it three times a day, it was just that on that particular day he was getting hit with a lot of force from alien weaponry that tired him out after the third go.
>>
File: 1463004793233.png (51KB, 248x245px) Image search: [Google]
1463004793233.png
51KB, 248x245px
>>84405392
>Tumblr Universe
>Cuckventure Time
>>
>>84410195
>Yeah, against other people with knives.
Not really. In armoured comabt for example it was used to aid grappling and finish opponents. They didn't care what the other guy had. Once they closed the distance and got into grapples they were fine.
Also knives are used in duel against any number of weapons, many of which DO NOT include knives as well.
They even parry two handed things like katana. You're off your rocker if you think you could debilitate someone from bashing before they slipped a blade into you.
Again it depends on the shield. Post that and I can give you more elaborate reasoning.
>>
>>84410253
>Finn is constantly fighting monsters 10 times larger than him on a daily basis. He knows how to use a sword and is familiar with fighting enemies with magical abilities.
Steven does that too though. Without the sword.

He doesn't hang around the Crystal Gems fighting giant monsters as a spectator, it's vigorous, consistent training that led him to where he is now ie an equal and reliable member of the group.
>>
>>84410247
What ep is that from G
>>
>>84405392
Finn, easily. Steven is the average kid in terms of offense.
>>
Can anyone provide a way that Steven would actually win?
It seems like he's great at not dying but I don't know how he would full on win, seems like he would just sit inside his bubble indefinitely.

Wait, does Steven need food and water to survive? If he doesn't I guess he could try to make Finn starve to death or something.
>>
File: 127442140934.png (42KB, 231x225px) Image search: [Google]
127442140934.png
42KB, 231x225px
>Pedo House
>>
>>84410290
>Steven does that too though.
No he doesn't. The Gems do all the fighting. Steven just remembers something that happened earlier that day that can help things, or hug it into submission
>>
File: 1436509191136.gif (1MB, 540x366px) Image search: [Google]
1436509191136.gif
1MB, 540x366px
>>84410224
>>84410257
Steven's power is meant to be constantly growing.
Back when the invasion happened, he could summon his shield once or twice, but the big shield drained him completely
By Friend Ship, he could summon and use it openly three times in a day before feeling tired
From there, a fairly good chunk of time seems to have passed.
A single altercation like a Death Battle shouldn't exceed his limit really.

As for Finn's sword finesse, he really doesn't have much. Grass Sword gives him a good amount, but it's only really gonna come out when he's in danger.
Really, Finn's Grass Sword kicking in is the moment of truth. Most likely, it'd get through and kill Steven, but if not and it hit the shield instead, I imagine it wouldn't turn out well for Grass Sword.
>>
http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_Universe_(character)
>Steven's abilities
http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Finn#Abilities
>Finn's abilities
>>
>>84410290
Is Steven the one doing the fighting?
>>
>>84410310
Rattleballs
>>
>>84410317
I don't care how strong a bubble or whatever is. You will not contain Finn for however long it takes for him to dehydrate to death.

However, Steven keeping Finn in a bubble for a whole day for whatever reason sounds like an amazing episode
>>
I haven't watched Adventure Time in a while. Did the Grass Sword come back? Last I saw Finn had a sword made out of his Time Clone
>>
>>84410346
>he thinks all Finn has is a grass sword
Has he been shown to be able to use his shield more than three times? Finn is extremely proficient with weapons in general.
>>
>>84410288
>They even parry two handed things like katana.
Mate people don't even use katanas as a primary fighting weapon unless you're a disgraced street person who got kicked out of the shogun's good graces.

"Closed the distance" oh sure if a knife person's dick is close enough to touch yours you're fucked, but that's exactly the reason why most armies and soldiers use spears and shields, or polearms and shields, or if you're a proud Spartan then a good sized sword and a shield, or if you're an honorable samurai they'd forget about that nonsense and stick to shooting you with a bow from a distance.
>>
>>84410317
Assuming Steven's got some Death Battle Bloodlust going, I could think of three options.
>the reasonable one
Steven puts all his strength into a shield throw through Finn's head.
>the pedo one
>they get down to wrasling after Finn breaks his arms trying to beat on Steven's repulsing shield and Steven snaps his neck (they both have above average strength, though finn is stronger so Steven'd need a handicap)
>the silly one (what Death Battle would likely use)
Steven jumps up super high, bubble shields himself, and comes crashing down on Finn, somehow not getting splatted himself.
>>
>>84410332
>>84410354
But Steven does join in the fighting, he only stood back in Season 1 when he couldn't summon his shield consistently, and even then he took part in fighting the monsters as early as that one fight with the giant pufferfish.
>>
>>84410377
Finn needed a new sword, got a grass sword. Through some time travel Prismo is back, and one of the alternate realities Finn turned into a sword. Finn accidentally killed his Finn Sword, now is back to the Root sword. The latter two are just normal swords, and Finn has shown proficiency in all of his swords regardless if it was magic. Finn would have been able to do all things the Finn sword would be able to do minus the carving of his head.
>>
>>84410411
I was specifically talking about heavily armed combat, something which you ignored in that post.
I'm not saying dagger is some unbeatable weapon. I'm more of a spear fag myself but the reality is it would beat a man with a shield.
>>
>>84410377
Finn Sword is kill but maybe not. Grass Sword comes back whenever the plot requires it.
>>
>>84410442
The point is Steven isn't going to be able to outmatch Finn in a fight. Steven isn't experienced enough.
>>
File: 1324760508339.gif (637KB, 175x120px) Image search: [Google]
1324760508339.gif
637KB, 175x120px
>>84410442
>Steven throws a punch occasionally
>Therefor he can defeat this insane demigod that hurls building-sized demons over his head
>>
>>84410455
I googled "heavily armed combat" and it brought up a bunch of people with guns.

No shit I'm going to ignore it, because nine times out of ten they'd use their fucking guns. Guns easily beat knives.

>I'm not saying dagger is some unbeatable weapon. I'm more of a spear fag myself but the reality is it would beat a man with a shield.
The daggerfag would have to be simultaneously the nimblest motherfucker as well as physically strong enough to withstand getting smashed with a heavy block of pretty much any sturdy material.

The odds of any particular fighter being that flexible isn't something I'm going to hedge my bets on.
>>
>>84410450
he still used the "broken" Finn sword as recently as The Music Hole
>>
Has an episode covered what happens to Steven if his bubble shield falls from a high height?
Assuming not, then I think it will be pretty easy to assume that they fight, Steven falls back into his shield at some point, and Finn uses the opportunity to roll him off a mountain or something. Finn's not a genius but that's easily something that he would be able to come up with after fruitlessly stabbing the thing for a little bit.

If realistic physics apply Steven turns into a nasty stain in that bubble.
This totally falls apart if this thing happened already in SU but I can't recall off the top of my head.
>>
>>84410535
armoured* excuse me.
>>
>>84405392
At this point? Steven.

Finn's gotten progressively more pathetic with each passing season.
>>
>>84410394
Finn is proficient, yes, but he's still very rash.
Even after training with Rattleballs, he usually just flies into combat swinging wildly.
Like I said, he's mostly a berserker. No defenses, but a stupidly high fighting spirit, stupidly high threshold for pain, and always with a sword.

By Death Battle's usual rules, he wouldn't likely have anything but his current regular sword, and Grass Sword.
Grass Sword is much more careful and finessed than Finn is though, or at least it brings out his finesse.
>>
>>84410553
I think I remember something about the Bubble saving him from falls or something, but I can't put my finger on it.

I know for a fact it can be popped though. The training dummy thing broke it with a bunch of fireballs
>>
>>84410541
Yes because having it strapped onto your backpack is using it. "The Music Hole" takes place before "Normal Man," although Finn's swords are very ambiguous right now. Wait for "Preboot" and "Reboot" to clear things up.
>>
>>84410484
It just seems like people are stuck on Steven's experience in Season 1 to the point where they're not even aware he helps fight the giant monsters.

>>84410529
Finn isn't a demigod he's just some reincarnation of something that reincarnates into everything flippity flobbity new age we're all one nonsense.

And then he gets beat up by vampires like he's nothing what's that about.
>>
>>84410564
Googling that just brought me tanks.
>>
>>84410634
Jesus give me a moment and I'll head you in the right direction.
>>
>>84410572
Oh, you're one if those faggots that dropped out of season 5 because your ships didn't happen the way you wanted it to. If not then you obviously haven't been watching the series. Even though I don't watch SU, I can't deny that Rebecca making sure waifu wars don't happen was a good call. Give the MC one waifu, genius.
>>
>>84410572
I fear that if the AT staff were writing the battle they'd have Steven manhandle him.

>Yes because having it strapped onto your backpack is using it.
He took the sword off the hinges it was on and was about use it to kill the source of the music he was hearing.

>"The Music Hole" takes place before "Normal Man,"
whoa whoa since when?
>>
Who would win in a Death Battle: Mabel Pines or Peridot Facet-2F5L Cut-5XG?
>>
>>84410651
Okay because I'm pretty sure tanks beat knives.
>>
>>84410663
>Oh, you're one if those faggots that dropped out of season 5 because your ships didn't happen the way you wanted it to
orrrrr they didn't like the newer, "deep and philosophical" aspect of the show that they had loved for 4 years.
>>
>>84410677
With enhancers Peridot, without enhancers Mabel if she has her grappling hook.
>>
>>84410609
>what's that about?
The circumstances. Finn has been repeatedly frozen by ice elementals, doesn't mean he doesn't kick ass. I just rewatched Stakes recently, and I remember Moon using some sort of mind trick, Finn was able to move, but her power immobilized them. The writters wanted Marcy and PB to be the focus of the miniseries anyway, don't look for Finn's abilites there. Finn isn't the most powerful person in Ooo, but that doesn't mean Steven can beat him.
>>
>>84405392

why does it have to be to the death ;-;

basically stevens bubble will protect him, only for steven to die from dehydration from all the crying he would do because he doesn't want to fight
>>
>>84410572
This is true but Finn's still been getting lots of good moments in season 7 so I think he has a good shot.
>>
>>84410756
Yeah but it's not just Stakes, Marceline could beat Finn too, she and her vampires are just on a higher powerlevel than him.

Who's to say that this isn't the case with the gems and Steven only seems weak by comparison? When Steven's interacting with regular human objects he's suddenly punching cars hard enough to make them think it's crashing and carrying people twice his size without even noticing.
>>
>>84410681
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misericorde_(weapon)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rondel_dagger
http://www.aemma.org/training/armour/armour_top.htm
https://www.quora.com/How-easy-would-it-be-for-one-fully-armoured-knight-to-kill-another-in-single-combat

>4:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZNZyhNFSaE
>>
>>84410665
>whoa whoa since when
Use your inferencing, Finn is using the root sword, and isn't in a foul mood. It's obvious the events that happened after "I am a Sword" were picked up after "The Music Hole."
He didn't use the sword, he drew it, and it was because something was distracting him from staring at it. Again, wait until the finale hopefully sorts out this confusion because Finn is seen using the Finn Sword.
>>
>>84410785
name 'em.

>The writters wanted Marcy and PB to be the focus of the miniseries anyway, don't look for Finn's abilites there. Finn isn't the most powerful person in Ooo
Still irks me that they dragged him down that far. Why not just have Finn and Jake fuck off and get themselves killed and have Powerful transformer Marcy and Elemental PB adventures?
>>
>>84410746
Oh, you mean like in season 3 when Ice King was revealed to be a man that went insane? Or how Finn was crying because PB rejected him again?
>>
>>84410819
Okay well, going through those links,
The Misericorde is just for finishing off wounded knights as a form of euthanasia, and the Rondel dagger is explicitly described as a back-up weapon and "a last line of defense".

Like yeah knives are cool and effective but these only seem to support my earlier assertion that they're a last resort.
>>
>>84410861
No I think he means the reincarnation buddhist-but-not-really mumbo jumbo.
>>
File: The Face of a killer.png (213KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
The Face of a killer.png
213KB, 500x281px
Steven is not a fighter, so it would pretty much go like this.

>Deathbattle GO!
>Finn goes in for the swing
>Steven puts up his shield to block it
>Finn hits the shield to resounding CLANG
>Finn tries to slash Steven several more times, but due to Steven's short stature working together to his relatively large shield, Finn only manages to hit Steven's shield again and again.
>Finn goes in for one more swing, to which Steven already is ready to parry it.
>However it is actually a feint, and Finn use the momentum of the swing to do a front flip over Steven and kick him in the back of the head. (Or stabs Steven, killing him instantly)
>Steven is on the ground and in a daze, but not KO'd thanks to his inhuman biology.
>Finn goes in for the final strike, but then Bubble Shield!
>Finn wails on it for a bit, soon realizing that his efforts are met with no progression.

This is where it branches (again), though the results are the same.
>If Finn has that mental arm, he could potentially use it to wail on the Steven's bubble shield until it breaks or at least buries Steven alive, deep underground

>If Finn doesn't have the arm, he immediately starts going berserk and starts screaming wildly. Picking Steven and his bubble shield up, and carrying them while yelling until he reaches either a volcano, a cliff, or the ocean. Regardless of which destination, Finn throws Steven off of or into it.
>If it's a cliff, and Steven somehow manages to survive the fall, you can bet Finn will either roll a boulder right on top of him, or jump down there right after him for a sick downthrust finisher.

Steven may have an OP defense, but Finn is way more resourceful and determined than he is.
>>
>>84410814
I'm not denying that, Marceline could kill Finn or Steven if she felt like it. She can turn invisible, and easily sneak up on them. I'm not using circumstances where Steven is weak. I'm using his best feats and saying it isn't enough. Finn can do all that too, carrying people is nothing for him. He can break bricks over his knees. Regardless, strenght isnt the major factor when it comes to a fight, have you never been in one?
>>
>>84410899
If you read more into them they were used during grapple because they were effective against armour. Just because others used it last (because you can't use weapons at knife range anyway) doesn't make it less effective.
It was massively wide spread and a lot of people used them.
Claiming a shield is more effecive is bat shit. Show ME examples of solo shield now.
>>
>>84410923
>If Finn has that mental arm, he could potentially use it to wail on the Steven's bubble shield until it breaks or at least buries Steven alive, deep underground
The bubble is more likely to just bounce him away to relative safety than actually penetrate the ground.
>>
>>84410956
I dunno, I could kinda see that if the fight took place in an episode of Adventure Time rather then a Steven Universe episode.
>>
>>84410861
Season 3 is definitely not the same as S6 in terms of themes, comedy, characterization and writing in general. Also mostly >>84410920 plus anticlimactic arcs pissing people off.
>>
File: 1467418067600.png (934KB, 513x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1467418067600.png
934KB, 513x1117px
>>84410920
>this causes people to drop out of a show
>>
>>84410986

>unapologetic AT fan

Well this is a rare find
>>
>>84410956
Well that would depend upon the environment they're fighting in, wouldn't it?

Even if Steven did manage to get knocked away instead of being smashed into the dirt, the impact would definitely shake up Steven something fierce.
Steven probably would either start vomiting, or just be KO'd.
Most likely the former.
>>
>>84410947
>If you read more into them they were used during grapple because they were effective against armour.
Yeah but you're not supposed to grapple in armor in the first place, that shit is heavy and you're not exactly unencumbered with your movements. That's why all the regular, not-back up weaponry encouraged keeping your distance from the other guy.

This heavily armored thing is interesting don't get me wrong but it doesn't seem all that consistent with the initial argument which is just two regular blokes, one with a knife, and the other with any sort of blocky object you might call a shield, and who is more likely to beat the shit out of whom.

>It was massively wide spread and a lot of people used them.
Yeah but again, as back up. Unless you're a merchant and in that case you probably don't have the training or physical prowess to do any better (sword, lance, shield) which doesn't matter because you're likely to just want to defend yourself against nasty street people.
>>
>>84410986
Well considering over half of the SU fandom consists of people who dropped AT because of it's bullshit, you're pretty spot on.
>>
what the fuck is happening with Adventue Time anyway? I remember it being super fucking good, but i just kinda stopped watching.
>>
>>84411093
Rebecca Sugar started a bunch of plot threads and themes going and then left the show to do Steven Universe. The other writers tried to pick up where she left off and screwed it all up
>>
>>84411041
Steven as well as his bubble managed getting hit by a rollercoaster without anyone blowing any amount of chunks.

You got to remember most times the bubble broke was either from falling really high distance or getting hit by a Gem-related attack and I'd wager most Gem shit is on a whole other powerlevel.

Like how everyone in Naruto looks like they move in regular speed but actually they're all moving in ninja speed, you just can't tell because there's no non-ninjas to compare them to.
>>
>>84411093
Eh, been carrying on. Form me it stopped being full on great sometime in season 4 but still produces lots of interesting shit to be worth following.
Show definitely changed, and I don't consider it to be for the better.
>>
Peak gear on each? Finn by a mile and a half. Although in theory Steven could bubble Finn, teleport him to the inner sanctum, and shove him in magical superheated lava, he'd never get the chance.

Fusions allowed? Steven becomes DBZ tier at that point and Finn can fuck right off.
>>
>>84411093
Finn and Jake are doing stuff I guess, but most of the remaining fans are more interested in Marceline/Bubblegum/Ice King anyways.
>>
>>84411061
I can attest to that. Adventure Time is definitely getting better though. S7 has been really up there all throughout.
>>
>>84411057
>but you're not supposed to grapple in armor in the first place
Certifiably false. There are treasties dedicated to it. Given the difficulty of killing armed men grappling was one of the better ways of handling things.

I keep telling you to either give me examples of the spefic shield or specific technique examples and yet you can't deliver.
Just say what shield fag.
>>
>>84410982
You guys are babies. Anyway, we are already about to finish season 7, why bring up season 6? Season 6 was terrible, but for different reasons. It was boring. They fely like filler episodes, nothing was really happening, and the intensisty found in season 4 that so many expected was gone, and reverted back to the pointless adventuring. However the adventures were hardly adventures, just exploring unknown places being mainly dialogue based, and if you're going to be dialogue based, it needs be witty. It just wasn't season 7 is a major improvement. More Bubbline but most are over that, also no more Fubblegum, some are still in denial with that.
>>
File: 1466211098787.png (66KB, 425x258px) Image search: [Google]
1466211098787.png
66KB, 425x258px
>>84411061
>Well considering over half of the SU fandom consists of people who dropped AT because of it's bullshit
Considering that the SU fandom is fucking terrible
>>
>>84411114
Fusions would also include Jake suit. So not really friendo.
>>
>>84411154
Remember AT's fanbase circa like 2012?
SU learned it from its mama. Though in the end they managed to be much worse, likely because I think SU was more popular than AT in its prime.
>>
>>84411138
>Certifiably false. There are treasties dedicated to it.
Yeah because you can't avoid it and you need to know what to do in that situation.

Doesn't mean you go out actively wanting to grapple in armor, it's not the desirable way to fight.

>I keep telling you to either give me examples of the spefic shield or specific technique examples and yet you can't deliver.
Yeah because you keep bringing in armored blokes when in my mind this is just some bar brawl where one person is stupid enough to pick a knife while the other guy's got a giant block of fuck you to bash him with.
>>
>>84411108
I completely forgot about that.

In that case Finn would probably just use his mental arm to perform option B (where he carries Steven to a highly hazardous area, and just tosses him in) after realizing the shield's not going to crack. Unless he does the buried alive thing.
>>
>>84411160
Jake is fucking OP, he has the opportunity to be brutal but just doesn't. He can shrink so small you can't see him, he crawls inside you, expands ripping people apart.
>>
>>84411160
>Jake suit
Vs Steven+literally every human and gem ally he has including the Cluster which when formed is fucking planet sized?

If you need some idea of how that would play out, watch the ending to Cabin in the Woods
>>
>>84411186
>In that case Finn would probably just use his mental arm to perform option B (where he carries Steven to a highly hazardous area, and just tosses him in)
I think Steven would just roll away at that point.
>>
>>84411035
I don't think that post was in positive response to anything. Just in response to the people who dropped AT for inane reasons and can't admit that it was mainly just for ships
>>
File: 1425214482335.gif (1MB, 402x355px) Image search: [Google]
1425214482335.gif
1MB, 402x355px
>>84411178
JUST TELL ME THE SHIELD. Armour ONLY came up because you wanted knife examples you fucking sped. You've not substantiated your opinion once while I have time and time again. You clearly know fuck all about historical martial arts and weapons.

Please never voice your opinions in any realistic discussions.
>>
>>84411201
>vs. every wizard and deity in Ooo
We can add as many people as we want if that's what you want to do.
>>
>>84411173
>Remember AT's fanbase circa like 2012?
Pretty comfy really. Hell at least they didn't have an entire board against the very existence of the show.
>likely because I think SU was more popular than AT in its prime.
Fucking kek
>>
>>84411201
Look, if you're giving Steven the entirety of Beach City and that hunk of hands in the earths core then you gotta give Steven Princess Bubblegum and a bunch of wizard BS. And at that point it's just Adventure Time vs Steven Universe and everything gets really silly
>>
>>84411201
Except that would be unstable as fuck and Finn would win because they'd all tumble apart and get stomped. Keep you head canon out of here.
>>
File: 1467429893109.jpg (8KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467429893109.jpg
8KB, 230x300px
>>84411173
>likely because I think SU was more popular than AT in its prime.
I think you're fucking delusional.
>>
>>84411209
I don't know how Steven would roll out of Finn's mental arm. That thing can get real huge, and could envelop Steven and his shield entirely.
>>
>>84411246
Not that guy, but it's not? I haven't seen near as much hype for Adventure Time then I did for Steven U.
>>
Finn. He's a really strong kid armed with a pretty lethal weapon. Steven has magical defense and super human strength, but he doesn't have the potential for offense and no where near the speed.
>>
>>84411271
You're a fucking retard then. Adventure time was a force of nature. Steven Universe is big on tumblr. There's a MASSIVE difference.
>>
>>84411148
>More Bubbline but most are over that, also no more Fubblegum, some are still in denial with that.
Bring ships into it will you, you cunt closet bubblinefag. #triggered
>>
>>84411232
Adventure Time became a household name.
Whereas I don't know any kids that watch SU, much less college students.
>>
>>84411246
Look around nigga, only thing AT beat it in was ratings and back then everything on CN got way better ratings.
The SU fanbase is way bigger.

I don't even like the show much but I acknowledge that it's huge and annoying fanbase exists.
>>
>>84411246
All shows have lost total viewers since they aired. SU gets around 1.8-2 million viewers, and AT gets about 1.2 million. The highest rated episode of AT recieved 3.5 million, that was in its prime. Prime AT recieved 2-3 million viewers.
>>
>>84411219
>JUST TELL ME THE SHIELD. Armour ONLY came up because you wanted knife examples you fucking sped.
The only time I asked you for anything like that is when I got confused about why you kept talking about "heavily armored combat" and how Google only brought up tanks. Which meant you kept bringing up armor for whatever reason. I didn't ask for knife examples or nothing like that, I just didn't understand why you kept talking about tanks.

>You've not substantiated your opinion once while I have time and time again
Look it's simple.

All you've done is told me a person with a knife CAN beat a person with a shield. It's certainly POSSIBLE. But that's not the same as it being the more practical option.

If I told you a specific shield I could tell you're going to imagine a really specific scenario where one person is standing like this and the other person is standing like that and narrate a play-by-play where the knife person does some fancy maneuver but frankly I'm saving you the effort because that wouldn't convince me because any sort of explanation of that nature would need to take so many things for granted before it could work.
>>
>>84411224
I'm simply treating them as equipment.

And I excluded them in the first place.

I'm not the dumb motherfucker that said Finn could win if you bring in fusion.
>>
>>84411255
Well a mental arm sounds like magic.

Whether or not Steven would dispell it I guess would depend on his emotional state at the time.
>>
>>84411295
What? It's pretty obvious Fubblegum is dead, Bubbline is the primary ship so far. "Dont Look" pretty much confirmed that. Finn sees PB as a bro, and doesn't show any signs of interest. Finnceline has been dead since season 2. "Go With Me"? Both admitted they didn't want to date
>>
>>84409867
Finn is a regular human boy with an iron will and a murderous drive to win. That's it.
>>
File: 1441330278080.png (181KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
1441330278080.png
181KB, 303x311px
>>84411319
>I think shields are infallible so I will ignore how people could would and did approach them in lieu of my own imagination
>>
>>84411347
He's survived direct contact with lava and regularly lifts hundreds of times his own weight
>>
>>84411347
Except he's extremely durable and strong
>>
>>84411271
How many games has Steven Universe got?
>>
>>84411324
wrong anon?
>>
>>84411173
Nah its terrible because /co/ just became worse in recent years. Also I'm not sure if it was because of the time it premiered but /co/ was largely more accepting of AT back then then they were of SU now.
>>84411301
Here's your reply.
>>84411271
Nope. SU is a definite hot topic now but its nowhere close to AT at its peak mostly because there wasn't much topic of discussion in regards to cartoons back then outside Korra sucking and because it ushered in a new era of creator driven animation which unironically marked CN's current decline in quality as they pick up any show with the same aesthetic.
>>
>>84411397
Tbh our games have unironically shitty titles, bringing them up is embarassing. Bring up the movie that will have a theatrical release instead.
>>
>>84411370

Look pal, you can grab onto that single lava example all you want but that doesn't make all the other numerous times he's been shown to have normal human resistance disappear, much less out weight them>>84411370
>>
>>84411368
It's just that all that style of argument offers is for me to narrate my special story where the shield person anticipates the fancy knife maneuver and bashes his wrist in.

It's not really an argument you're just describing a scenario where the knife person COULD win which is all well and good but I'd still pick a big block of wood if I had to only choose between those two options, it's heavier, it's got reach, and I can bash a skull in with it. The less complicated the fighting style, the more reliable it is, and while I'm sure that a special super experienced fighter would see it as really predictable, in the end we're talking about two random guys and how likely one will beat up the other and the one who is less reliant on technique is the one more likely to come up on top because he wouldn't NEED it.
>>
>>84405392

>a slow tough human that relies on defense, charisma and luck versus a superhuman that relies on offense, quick thinking and deadly weapons
>in an immediate battle to the death where charisma does not apply, luck is hardly relevant and defense only slows down the inevitable

Why even ask this question? Finn basically has Steven beaten in every single relevant category.
>>
>>84411428
Fair enough, you have a point.
>>
File: l.gif (112KB, 175x120px) Image search: [Google]
l.gif
112KB, 175x120px
>>84411438
>He only survived a lava bath once! That doesn't prove anything!
>>
>>84411422
/co/ is still 4chan, SU is beloved by tumblr far more than it ever was with AT. Expect hate when bringing up a show thats pretty much tumblr territory.
>>
>>84411443
>big block of wood
but there are plenty of shields that aren't like that at all. This is why I say clarify. And no, you don't need fancy shit it's basic tactics.
>>
>>84411397
One fantastic game which I would think is better than fifty "Hey Ice King Where The Fuck Is Our Gosh Dang Flibbity Flabbity Garbage God I Love Garbage Why Did You Take Our Fucking Garbage".
>>
>>84411422
Literally all AT did was bring cartoons back to CN and dazzle people with deepest lore and shipping for a year or two, then it started dropping and is now pretty low. No one gives a shit about those things anymore.

SU is huge as shit and I think it surpassed AT. The Internet fucking exploded when Jailbreak aired.

And I am talking about observable fanbase stuff, not stuff like AT t-shirts selling really well in 3rd world countries. SU has it beat and I don't understand why this makes you so mad.
>>
>>84411466
Okay I'll clarify.

The shield I pick is the one that's good against knives.

I pick it because it is not one of the few shields that are bad against relatively small stabbing objects.
>>
>>84411499
You're a fucking idiot. You genuinely are.
>>
>>84411499
Y'all's fucking argument is still going on? What is this /pol/? I once argued for 6 hours there but right now this shit is still going on here in /co/?
>>
>>84411301
Dude, no. Adventure Time was, and still is, ridiculously popular among all age groups. There's a reason why SU gets constantly compared to MLP because the bulk of its fanbase consist of people over the age of 18 and almost all of its traffic are taken from tumblr. Hell if you break down demos Gumball is more popular with kids than SU despite the latter having better ratings. There's a reason why TTG is played so many damn times on CN is because it attracts the largest demo of kids and its fanbase is mostly kids.
>>
>>84411516
I'm not the one playing armchair weapon master here, I've provided my reasoning perfectly well and all you want to do is talk about very specific medieval weaponry when this whole time I've been purposefully general about shields by talking about big blocks of wood.
>>
>>84405392
Finn is like some kind of fucked up god thing
so i guess he wins
Steven is just some human / magic rock
>>
>>84411489
If you're going to continue to talk out your ass then there's really no point in this discussion.
>>
>>84411457

>he got KOed by a fucking stick

>B-b-but muh lava
>>
File: Down for the count - Bosman.jpg (84KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Down for the count - Bosman.jpg
84KB, 640x640px
>>84411489
I honestly thank the bomb format for making me not give a shit about Steven Universe at all.
Even when Bismuth was leaked, I simply went "huh".

My love and interest, once strong, has been killed by the bomb.
>>
>>84411542
A 'block' of wood would still lose. Also shields weren't blocks of wood and their sizes and subsequent uses varied dramatically. You're just being obtuse because you know too little about what you think you're logically asserting.
>>
>>84411458
>SU is beloved by tumblr far more than it ever was with AT
Not even that is true.

> Expect hate when bringing up a show thats pretty much tumblr territory.
Doesn't explain why we liked Gravity Falls
>>
>>84410127
>Hook the shield and win.

>hook the shield
>hook the large, heavy mass of wood and steel flying at your face with the force of a man's weight behind it
>with a knife
>being held in your weak human hand attached to one of the most fragile joints on your body

Are you retarded?
>>
File: 23525232352552.gif (510KB, 175x120px) Image search: [Google]
23525232352552.gif
510KB, 175x120px
>>84411563
>>
>>84411535
>There's a reason why SU gets constantly compared to MLP
People don't make that comparison outside this site and everything is compared to MLP here, including AT.

>There's a reason why TTG is played so many damn times on CN is because it attracts the largest demo of kids and its fanbase is mostly kids.
It's played so often because it's not serialized and they're free to toss up any random episode after another.

And yes that's something CN takes into account when re-airing SU. For many weeks now they've dedicated specifically themed blocks about a particular SU character or situation, which isn't something they'd do for most non-serialized cartoons.

As for the Thanksgiving parade honestly that was just a matter of time for AT, it's been airing for what, four or five years by that point?
>>
>>84411595

>MUH LAVA MUTHAFUCKA
>>
>>84411563
>people can get knocked out
>lava is going to knock him out
Anyone can get knocked out, that was a fucking club to his head. Using little moments under unique circumstances rather than viewing the situation as a whole is illogical.
>>
File: Adventure Time 050-012.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure Time 050-012.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>84411545
>Finn is like some kind of fucked up god thing
If you're talking about the whole "comet" thing, it wasn't supposed to mean that. He's still just a "regular" human being, albeit mutated.
>>
>>84411589
>Not even that is true.
literally how?

reminder that Tumblr started caring about AT only when Fionna and Cake and What Was Missing aired and mostly stopped caring when Rebecca Sugar left the show.
>>
>>84411592
>grab side of shield and direct force
>attack from sides as it's easier to do than turn a shield
>get in close and stick your arm around and into them
You're retarded if you don't even know how hooking works. Hell, you could do it with your hand and leave the knife for countering.
>>
>>84411576
>A 'block' of wood would still lose.
Nah.

Those things are pretty heavy.

>You're just being obtuse because you know too little about what you think you're logically asserting.
No, I'm just being very practical and straightforward.

A fight isn't a chess match where every move is considered and made. Sure, it CAN be, if you've been in so many fights that it's second nature to you. But nine times out of ten it's whoever can get the biggest hits in the most efficiently without making themselves vulnerable.

Big blocks of wood got knives beat on all those points.
>>
Who gives a fuck about popularity.
Which show are you currently enjoying more?

For me, neither. Because I'm watching Zeta Gundam and have completely forgotten about SU or AT.
>>
Steven's only means of beating enemies is crying until they give up, or waiting on someone else to fight for him.

Unless Finn just gets weirded out by Steven crawling into a ball and bawling his eyes out because I'M SAD and just gives up, Steven has 0 chance. Finn can be pretty stupid himself, but he's usually capable.
>>
>>84411093
This new season is pretty good. Watch Hall of Ingress. It's an incredible high concept episode.
>>
>>84411607
>People don't make that comparison outside this site and everything is compared to MLP here, including AT.
You're an idiot. Its actually a very accurate comparison and no AT has never been seriously compared to MLP

>It's played so often because it's not serialized and they're free to toss up any random episode after another.
Nope it just get really good ratings and it has the highest demo of kids watching it. Format has nothing to do with it if that was the case UG wouldn't be getting canned now.

>As for the Thanksgiving parade honestly that was just a matter of time for AT,
Not every cartoon gets featured in the Thanksgiving parade.
>>
>>84411636
>Tumblr started caring about AT only when Fionna and Cake and What Was Missing
Why are they so many history revisionists in this thread?
>>
>>84411589
>show gets posted on tumblr
Is different than a show beloved by it. Tumblr is all over SU, and the main reason of our /co/mblr epidemic. Tumblr comes her to discuss SU, 4chan automatically loved AT. Some despise SU because of how much it panders to SJW culture. Probably ignorance, but thats why 4chan isn't as accepting.
>>
>>84411653
The first thing an ametuer with a knife would do is run in. Unless they shield wielder knows how to parry blows like a champ one will get in even if the knife user takes a bash or two. Unlike bashing stabbings fuck you up in a much bigger way.
>>
>>84411665
>You're an idiot. Its actually a very accurate comparison and no AT has never been seriously compared to MLP
Let me match that assertion with one of equal sophistication:
Nuh UH.

>Nope it just get really good ratings and it has the highest demo of kids watching it.
Sounds like you haven't kept up to date on how well Steven Universe does lately. It drew in the highest rating of the demographic across ALL TV at some points.

>Not every cartoon gets featured in the Thanksgiving parade.
I'm not saying that, but for a flagship like AT with little competition, it really was a matter of time. It's not entirely fair to compare that to any current cartoon.
>>
>>84411627

Unique little moments? Like the lava dive?

The instances of Finn having normal human endurance outweigh the instances of Finn being super human by 10:1
>>
File: jake contemplates life.gif (369KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
jake contemplates life.gif
369KB, 500x271px
So this is what my life has really come to huh. At 2 in the morning on a board for cartoons in a thread about said cartoons arguing over their popularity. Where did it all go so wrong.
>>
>>84411724
Discovering 4chan
>>
>>84411724

It went wrong when you decided to argue about it.
>>
>>84411687
it's nigh impossible to find anyone on Tumblr caring about AT before late 2011, if you can point some out to me I will be legitimately interested. I've been looking since 2012 and have found very little.
>>
>>84411489
>Literally all AT did was bring cartoons back to CN and dazzle people with deepest lore and shipping for a year or two
AT had the highest ratings average for CN for four years straight and only recently as last year dropped out, with the exception of Stakes, which beat out every episode of SU last year.

>SU is huge as shit and I think it surpassed AT
And as people have stated you're an idiot for thinking this.
>The Internet fucking exploded when Jailbreak aired
Top fucking kek

>And I am talking about observable fanbase stuff, not stuff like AT t-shirts selling really well in 3rd world countries.
And you're definitely wrong in that regard because the amount of OC for AT was fucking insane

> SU has it beat and I don't understand why this makes you so mad.
Well because you're wrong and you're going about it like you're right with no evidence.
>>
>>84411710
No, because Finn has shown multiple moments being resistant to pain. Sitting on coal in "Rattleballs," and didn't even throw a fit. He can overcome pain with willpower. That wasn't done under any special circunstance.
>10:1
>source: my ass
Yeah that's not how it works, unless you have something contradicting Finn's ability to resist lava your argument is invalid.
>>
>>84411695
>Unless they shield wielder knows how to parry blows like a champ one will get in even if the knife user takes a bash or two.
I think we're imagining this scenario very differently.

In my head you just swing the giant heavy object at the guy so he falls on the ground and then you curb stomp him because he is on the ground and your foot is making pancakes out of his neck.

I subscribe very religiously to the "Toss a big rock at him" style of fighting.
>>
File: 1454098276864.jpg (31KB, 490x607px) Image search: [Google]
1454098276864.jpg
31KB, 490x607px
>>84411692
>>84411760

Why do I feeling that people who pretend they know shit about tumblr have actually not been on tumblr at all? Let alone saying that a show is loved by everyone there goes against tumblr's own vapid policies just that the people who like it our the loudest there.
>>
>>84411777
Some shields would be extremely impractical to swing assuming you're holding them right. Otherwise you're just swinging something with your fingertips and it's more liable to be knocked out of your hands and damage them slightly than hit properly.
This is why clarity is important. This is why retarded and impractical generalisations aren't how things are discussed.
>>
>>84411796
tumblrfag detected
>>
>>84411796
When people say Tumblr they don't mean each any every user on there because no matter what a popular thing is known and cared about by like 5% of the population max.

Something can still be very popular on the site without literally everyone caring about it though.
>>
>>84411804
>Some shields would be extremely impractical to swing assuming you're holding them right.
Sure, SOME shields would be, if they're SHITTY.

Not my trusty block of wood though. It's just the right amount of block, squared off with the right amount of wood. Nobody makes them better than Mother Nature.
>>
>>84411760
>it's nigh impossible to find anyone on Tumblr caring about AT before late 2011
I literally just typed in Adventure Time on tumblr and got a plethora of reblogs and analysis on the latest episode. Stop thinking that tumblr is some enclosed space that a few people can use, there's a lot of fucking people who uses it every fucking day and its not even as popular as it was a few years back.
>>
I don't want to see them fight to the death. I want a World's Finest special where they fight with their normal personality, each prove a degree of superiority over the other (Attack v Defense) then they laugh about the whole thing, beat off some villain together, and teach each other a valuable lesson that will actually make an impact on their respective shows.
>>
>>84411826
I'm done. If this was baiting, congratulations. If this wasn't then you're a complete moron.
>>
>>84411796
Of course the tumblrfag would post a picture of an entitled bitch!
>>
File: 1457015488343.jpg (25KB, 515x588px) Image search: [Google]
1457015488343.jpg
25KB, 515x588px
>>84411724
>Where did it all go so wrong.
When you try to insist a show with internet popularity is more popular than a show getting a theatrical film.
>>
>>84411844
And you take yourself much too seriously.
>>
>>84411829
>on the latest episode.
We're talking about half a decade ago dumbfuck. Even with anyone being able to use Tumblr not many cared about it back then in 2010-11 then it picked up steam.
>>
>>84411652

Congrats, chief. Now your weapon arm is occupied "directing the force" of the shield and you've still got an angry dude slamming into you -assuming, of course, that he doesn't just rip the knife out of your hand. Hooking works both ways, you know, and it generally isn't in your favor when you're trying to hook something considerably heavier than what you're holding. It's why hooking is generally done with shit specifically designed and weighted for it. Knives are not designed to hook shields. They're really only effective against things like small or light swords.

Trying to pull that shit against a shield is essentially the same as trying to do it against a mace or a hammer. Shields are heavy, and often have large metal knobs specifically designed to bash your skull in and ROUNDED SURFACES designed to prevent you from doing the exact goddamn thing you're trying to do.

You're going to get your wrist crushed. Bottom line. You want to hook a shield, get a fucking voulge, which LITERALLY HAVE HOOKS ON THEM FOR HOOKING SHIELDS AND RIDERS.

Try learning some shit about warfare before you talk out your ass next time.
>>
File: photo.jpg (59KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
59KB, 900x900px
>>84411832
And that's why, little buddy, sometimes you just have to smash evil dudes in the face.
>>
>>84411857
The thing's been going on for at least five years of course it'd get a film by now.

It'd be weird if it DIDN'T get a film. Even Regular Show's got a film.
>>
>>84411870
>>
>>84405392
Isn't steven a chubby fat fuck?
>>
>>84410077
mate, a sword can't do jack against a shield. literally nothing.

Medieval wars where two files of men crushing each other with shields and the unlucky bastard that was also impaled with a pike, who would then be proceeded to have his head bashed.

if your opponent has a shield (and I don't mean pussy ass arm length shield, I mean a full sized one like steven does) your only hope is that you have a blunt weapon and enough arm strength to break his arm or the shield, the former more likely than the latter. Otherwise you literally can't damage him.

when fighting a war, there's three essential things to have: a shield, a bow, and a pike. Everything else, including armor, is secondary to them. You lack any of those three? You lost the war.
>>
>>84411907
Prove me wrong jabroni
>>
>>84411900
>The thing's been going on for at least five years of course it'd get a film by now.
Are you fucking retarded? Not even show that goes on for five years gets a film
> Even Regular Show's got a film.
Regular Show got a MADE FOR TV MOVIE. Adventure Time is getting a THEATRICAL FEATURE. The last time CN even attempted that was the PPGs movie, their most successful original franchise, they're not even comparable.
>>
>>84411930
No, he's strongfat, it's in his magic gem genes.
>>
>>84411900
I think the distinction is that it's a theatrical film. Pretty sure no other CN show has had one of those since PPG. Unless EEnE's was theatrical.
>>
>>84411951
>Are you fucking retarded? Not even show that goes on for five years gets a film
If you're from 2011 then you do because there's only like two other programmes (Scooby Doo and Regular Show) and they got films out the wazoo too.

Now there's more variety and competition, so yes, that no longer holds water.
>>
>>84411972
RS' s film wasn't a theatrical release
>>
>>84411972
>Scooby Doo
A show that's been on the air for damn near 40 years,

>Regular Show

Its really telling how very little examples there are when you can only use this one. Which wasn't even theatrical
>>
>>84411568
>Even when Bismuth was leaked, I simply went "huh".
I had the same reaction and it makes me sad.
>>
>>84411770

So you're telling me a guy who couldn't move because of the pain caused by an infection on his foot, knocked out by an old man with a stick, a princess who's the opposite of a fighter and a wannabe hitman cat , is a demi god because you simply keep repeating "muh lava" like some sort of magic charm that will make everything else disappear?
>>
>>84410280
>TLHfags saying that their show is the second coming of Christ
Am I the only one who gets pissed I off by TLHfags? And I'm a loud pfag too.
>>
File: Dance_to_the_Music_Slideshow.png (300KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
Dance_to_the_Music_Slideshow.png
300KB, 670x377px
>>84411897
>>84411832
Yeah... maybe I should. And hey, maybe you can try not-not defending youself, then maybe you won't lose your arm again!
>>
>>84412008
>Am I the only one who gets pissed I off by TLHfags?
No being pissed off by idiots hyping a subpar show is justified especially if they only thing that gets hyped about it is that IT BEAT SPONGEBOB IN THE RATINGS which even Teen Titans Go did.
>>
>>84412013

>Steven sounds like a passive aggressive cunt

He get's it from Pearl
>>
>>84412001
He did move, and the callus on his foot didn't stop him from moving. PB is a fighter, she can fight in hand to hand combat, and she knocked Finn out with a wrench. The fact that someone can get knocked out doesn't contradict the fact that he can witstand lava. Or just heat in general. He can witstand pain. Getting knocked out isn't the same thing as resiting pain. I never said he is a demigod, I said Steven trying to hurt him isn't going to do anything.
>>
>>84412064
Okay then, Steven knocks him out with his shield.
>>
>>84408126
He sorta shoved one of the gem monsters in Nightmare Hospital but that didn't really do any damage. Tbh, the way this plays out is Steven puts up bubble and then Finn keeps ineffectually hitting it. First to pass out loses.
>>
>>84412081
Finn is an expert fighter, steven gets decapitated
>>
>>84412111
Steven bubbles and then knocks Finn out.
>>
Come to think of it, how has there been no AT/SU crossover yet? SU crossed over with Uncle Grandpa and Nu PPG crossed over with TTG, for as new as it is.
>>
>>84412081
Top kek, are you even trying to argue steven killing Finn? Finn is an expert fighter, and steven trying to physically take down an expert swordsman is laughable. Finn is more agile, faster, and stronger than Steven.
>>
>>84406744
>>84408369
>implying the waifus wouldn't team up and force their husbandos into submission via hacking
plebs, all of you
>>
>>84412128
Nope, Finn is an expert fighter, Steven cannot come at Finn offensively and succeed. The moment Steven gets out of protection he is dead.
>>
>>84412131
I think I recall people from each show saying they wanna keep the legitimacy of the show's universes intact so the answer is pretty much lore faggotry (I think).

With UG Uncle Grandpa is a reality bender and the fans can believe the episode is non-canon anyway.
>>
>>84412131

Because AT has made a very real effort to keep its setting vague as hell. If SU crossed over with AT we would either have to come to the realization that AT is either set somewhere that isn't earth during the time SU is set or that SU has the means to travel through time and space.

At best we might get a cameo from one of the Gems as I am sure they are ageless but even that seems unlikely.
>>
>>84412128
What do you think Finn is? You think he is just going to stand there and let himself get hit with a shield.
>>
>>84412128
>>84412174

Please stop Anons. It's getting to petty fanwanking levels of power battles.

We all know if they were to ever fight it would end with both of them being friends anyway.
>>
>>84412192
That's the problem, it is a fight to the death. I don't understand how anyone can say that Steven would be able to kill Finn.
>>
>>84412111

An expert fighter who constantly get his ass handed over to him by characters that aren't even the top dogs of their universe, an old man who trapped him in a cage made of sticks between them. An expert fighter who had an episode solely dedicates to the fact that he isn't as great as he thinks without his magic dog to save him and gets constantly BTFO'ed by normal enemies inside a dungeon to the point princess bubblegum had to come rescue their sorry asses. Or that time he got beaten by the heart guy, or all those times he gets captured and imprisoned by regular enemies.

But sure, go ahead, type the magic words: "the lava".
>>
>>84412222

It's two cartoons Anon. Depending on the writer and your definition of "to the death" gives you the winner. As I said 99% of the time they are going to come out of it with a common enemy and having a good laugh. That 1% though? It's anyone's game. We can go on for hours bitching about different abilities and power levels and allies to assist the characters. Finn can't beat Steven and Steven can't beat Finn. Accept it and move on.
>>
>>84412230

>princess bubblegum had to come rescue their sorry asses

As apposed to all those times the Gem's didn't need to save Steven?

You're going to tell us a kid who struggled for two seasons of his own show to even use any of his powers is going to beat Finn because he slipped up a few times despite his countless feats of strength?
>>
>>84412230
He didn't get trapped, he stayed there because he knew he did the forest wrong. I never said Finn was the most powerful person in Ooo, but Steven isn't going to take him down. And in the same episode Jake realized he needed Finn. The people Finm faced in the Dungeon not even Steven would be able to take down alone. He was poisoned. What are you fucking retarded? You honestly think Steven can kill Finn?
>>
>>84405392
You know what would kick ass?

A fan game: Adventure Time Puzzle Quest vs Steven Universe Attack The Light.

Only one single battle that pits Finn, Jake, and BMO vs Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl. Finn's party uses their puzzle RPG battle engine to fight, and the CGs use their Paper Mario battle engine to fight.

Why has no one made it yet?
>>
>>84412264
That's impossible, if in fact Steven cannot defeat Finn, you cannot exist in a universe where Finn cannot defeat Steven. Finn can kill Finn, the only way Steven cannot get killed is if he uses his defense, but even then his defenses won't last forver, and magic wears him out.
>>
>>84412264
Not him but Finn could definitely beat Steven.
Also there are no alternate interpretations of a fight to the death outside of weaponry and the environment. A fight to the death, is a fight to the death.
>>
>>84412366
>Finn can kill Finn
Finn can kill Steven
>>
>>84412366

>if in fact Steven cannot defeat Finn, you cannot exist in a universe where Finn cannot defeat Steven

Because, and wait for it...

We fucking don't...
>>
>>84412386
Exactly my point. Steven cannot defeat Finn, and therfore Finn can defeat Steven.
>>
>>84406744
Krieger not even a Question. Shoos is uless in a death fight. Giffany is good but not that good.
>>
>>84412396

No he can't. Steven's shield can stop any swings he makes and he could easily hold out long enough for one of the other gems or even Connie to get there to help him. Even if he does lose he would just turn in to a gem and wait to be reborn or something.
>>
>>84412230
Anyway, how is any if that contradicting the fact that Finn cannot kill Steven? Imprisonment has nothing to do with it, he chooses to be imprisoned, because he has a respect for authority. That doesn't contradict the fact that Finn can kill Steven.
>>
>>84412422
You don't get to add Connie or any other gem, the question is Steven vs. Finn, not Steven and Connie and Gems vs. Finn.
Might as well add Ice King and Marceline.
>>
>>84411448
But Steven can float out of reach
>>
>>84412400
Soos can survive an apocalypse and Giffany probably wouldn't have ever been defeated if Soos didn't happen to have her disk on him.

Kreiger could only really win if it went by archer comedic timing law and Kreiger had a joke invention ready specifically for that moment.
>>
>>84412264
How would Steven kill Finn.
His powers only really work well when he's emotionally stable/content or has someone he wants to protect. Plus he doesn't have much experience going solo.

Unless Finn was loudly proclaiming he was going to murder Connie, Steven is literally at his weakest and doesn't have many options.
>>
>>84412422
You pretty much just admitted Steven cannot defeat Finn by bringing up the fact he has to hide and wait for help.
>>
Finn refuses to harm anything past neutral on the scale of good and evil, and Steven would easily qualify as good.
>>
>>84412461
While we're at it, if we're including everything else, give Finn his glasses of infinite intelligence that got sucked into a blackhole waybackwhen.
>>
>>84412461
>>84412477
>>84412482

The fucking autism is real
>>
File: 1467860219225.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1467860219225.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>84412470
Oh great Steven can run away therefore Steven wins the fight to the death.
>>
>>84412470
only when he's really happy.
>>
>>84412500
>I don't have an argument
>better call them autistic
>>
>>84412500
Why are you in a versus thread?
>>
>>84412501
Steven likely has the near-infinite life of a gem, so technically Finn would die first.
>>
>>84412494
It's a fight to the death. That means disregard their morals. If Finn needs to kill someone to survive he will.
>>
>Entire show based around accepting limitations and learning that depending on people who can support you in ways you can't support yourself is alright
>LOL BUT CAN HE BEAT FINN?

Steven bubbles himself and waits in the ocean for Finn to have a panic attack and go home to be cucked by PB.
>>
File: 1465509551549.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1465509551549.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>84412528
>Steven has a longer-life span
>that means he wins a fight to the death
>>
>>84412548
Finn isn't scared of the ocean anymore, hasn't been since season 5.
>>
>>84412556
Well yeah. If they fight and the fight can last infinitely, whoever dies first loses.
>>
>>84412300

>saved Steven

Like? When they get imprisoned by Jasper, wait that was Steven, well how about when they fight against the centipede, wait that was steven too, the fight against possessed breakfast, nope that was Steven too

>You're going to tell us a kid who struggled for two seasons of his own show to even use any of his powers is going to beat Finn because he slipped up a few times despite his countless feats of strength

A magical alien hybrid kid beating a human kid? Idk man are you going to tell us a kid who still gets the shit beaten out of him by non-top-tier enemies after 7 seasons is still gonna overcome all that without plot armor.

I mean, Finn couldn't defeat the animals that lived inside the tree where he met the flying squirrel, they weren't even magic animals or super powered, just regular animals who were bigger than him, that's all it took to force him to run away.
>>
>>84412574
The fight never happened. Steven ran away until the threat is gone. Therfore Steven forfeited.
>>
>>84412512
I'd be happy if I was escaping from someone attacking me
>>
>>84412588
>forfeiting in a death fight
Superman loses all death battles when he flies into the sun to laser them from space then.

There's no arena limits and playing defense is a legal move.
>>
>>84412588
Wrong. Obviously Finn, who is thirsty for blood will chase after and trip down a ravine and bleed out.
>>
>>84412584
Finn didn't defeat them because he didn't need to. They put him in prison where he could just slip right out. All he wanted was his disk. What non-toptier opponent defeated Finn? If you're going to bring something up use an actual example.
>strawman fallacy
Finn isn't what a normal human is, he has proven to do things other humans cannot.
>>
>>84412584
Finn Stabs Steven.

Steven dies.

The end.
>>
>>84412619
Wrong. Steven block
>>
>>84412603
Except Steven isn't what caused Finn to die. Finn's mortality is what caused him to die. Steven forfeited, he ran away, he gave up.
>>84412613
Here's your (You)
>>
>>84412632
>Implying you can win by Blocking.

Both shows have shown Finn is competent at fighting, while Steven is a novice who happens to have strong powers.

Eventually, Steven will make a mistake and Finn will kill him.
>>
>>84412632
And thats all Steven will be able to do. Hide behind magic because Finn is too great of a fighter for Steven to take down.
>>
This is retarded. What does Steven have? Obviously his shield but does he have the sword from the lions head as well? Cause if he did his got an upper hand on Finn.

>>84412636

It's a battle to the death, not a battle to the kill.
>>
>>84412636
>Except Steven isn't what caused Finn to die. Finn's mortality is what caused him to die.
Rules of death battle don't say Steven has to cause Finn to die. There have been a bunch of people involved with death battles who have self-made weaknesses. Such as "The ability to get tired/wear yourself out".

>Steven forfeited, he ran away, he gave up.
Getting safe and not dying doesn't mean you forfeit. Also he never did that, because he's an animated character in a fictional world taking part in a hypothetical death battle. There's no canon here.
>>
>>84412584
>Imprisoned by Jasper
Only got out because he's unaffected by the Jail cell's barrier.
>Centipede
The only thing he did was throw an electrified cable at it.
>Together Breakfast
Not going to deny that Steven displayed his stronk here and shoved it into the firepit. Still, that's only one instance. Plus Finn sword suplexed a monster that was vastly larger than Steven's breakfast monster. And that was back in S3.

Finn's grown since then.
>>
File: download.jpg (97KB, 620x443px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
97KB, 620x443px
Steven would win but would let Finn Live

Pic Unrelated.
>>
>>84412668
Running away counts as forfeiting no matter what.
ARE YOU JUST GOING TO KEEP RUNNING AWAY?
>>
>>84412652
To be honest, Finn is a sub par fighter and Steven a defender. It's kinda like an unstoppable force meets a immovable wall except Finn would die of exhaustion
>>
>>84412656
>implying Steven's swordsmanship is better than Finn's.
>>84412668
Finn didn't wear himself out. Steven didn't "win" anything. He ran away until the threat is gone, if you did nothing to cause the threat to die you in fact did nothing. Steven forfeited. Even if Steven floated just out of Finn's reach, it is the same thing as flying away forver. The reason being Finn dies or the same reason, old age. What are you autistic? Of course this isn't canon, we are talking about a hypothetical death match. If Steven flies away and does nothing to kill his opponent that's a forfeit.
>>
>>84412720
It's a death battle, forfeits don't exist in the first place, so neither side can decide to forfeit.
>>
>>84412720
Haven't we explained that it is a static. Just imagine. Steven floats above just out of reach, taunting Finn.
>>
>>84412713
It's impossible for an unstoppable force to exist in the same universe by an immovable wall, the reason being if a force meets something it cannot move, then it is infact not unstoppable, vice verse. That's like saying Steven dies of starvation. You're implying Finn will die from exaustionn by doing nothing.
>>
>>84412761
Well yeah, that's how a lifespan works. And Steven has a potential infinite lifespan.
>>
>>84412746
>>84412738
A fight to the death is in fact a fight to the death. If in fact steven cannot run away, because if steven did run away that would be a forfeit, then Finn will kill Steven. Steven's protection only last for so long, and it exhaust him. If you leave the fight what is that called? A forfeit. What are you guys retarded? Steven didn't kill Finn, why? Because he can't. Finn can kill Steven, and if Steven runs away that's called a forfeit.
>>
>>84412614

>Finn didn't defeat them because he didn't need to.

>they were gonna execute him and the retard squirrel

Sure, that's why between fighting them and jumping off a tree he picked the latter.

>What non-toptier opponent defeated Finn? If you're going to bring something up use an actual example.

>Demon Cat

1v1. No Jake. Cat has no powers useful for combat. Finn gets beaten and is reduced to hiding and crying for his life.

>Gum dispenser robot guard.

Robot has not magic powers. Finn has his magic grass sword. Finn gets beaten.
>>
>>84410553
Well he survived an spaceship crash in it. Also he can levitate now so no fall demage anyway
>>
>>84412793
You sound really butthurt about forcibly applying this "running away is a forfeit" rule to the hypothetical situation of a made up death battle, when it doesn't even apply to real death battles. Ultimate Defense has been featured a fuckton of times.
>>
>>84412781
Irrelavent to a fight to the death. Steven can be killed just like any other mortal. His lifespan is theoretical. The point of a fight to the death isn't to see who dies first, but whom can kill whom. Just because Finn would die first doesn't mean Steven wins, because Steven did nothing to kill Finn. All Steven would have done was stay out of reach not attacking. Evading isn't the same thing as running away. Steven isn't evading, he is hiding until the threat is gone. He didn't win anything, if Finn dies and Steven did nothing it is a forfeit.
>>
I can't believe y'all are taking this so seriously. As of the most recent episode, they are equal. Whoever wins depends on the situation and their choices. And the situation and choices are made by whoever is writing it
>>
>>84412832
>Steven can be killed just like any other mortal.
Technically we don't even know that since he's half gem. He could probably just regenerate with how things are going, seeing as he can shapeshift.

>if Finn dies and Steven did nothing it is a forfeit.
Technically, if Finn dies and Steven is alive, that's considered a win by official death battle rules.
>>
>>84409671
>Fly, no, jump good
I miss Samurai Jack.
>>
>>84412816
All he wanted was a disk. He didn't want to fight the tree people, not because he can't because he has no reason to. Demon Cat is more powerful than Finn. Rattleballs is more powerful than Finn. Try again.
>>
>>84412826
>>84412853
>if I run away until my opponent dies of old age I killed my opponent
>>
>>84412872
Yeah, if I'm in a death battle and avoid damage, and my opponent dies, I win the death battle.

What's the time limit in a death battle? Where's the rule that says I have to kill him? Where's the arena limits? Since when is evasion against the rules?
>>
>>84412859

>more powerful than finn

>t-t-they defeated Finn so they don't count

What are demon cat's abilities or powers outside being a feline? Are they major antognists on the show? Because as far as I remember, demon cat was scared of dogs and the robot guard was unwilling to actually go and kill finn.

Or are we gonna forget that Finn got outmatched by fucking Cinnamon roll?
>>
As of now I'm currently enjoying AT more than SU, so Finn wins.

Honestly though, it's really funny how desperate Team Steven is that they'll rely on technicalities to win the debate. You might as well say that Fin accidentally trips over a rock and stabs himself in the face.
Steven in all of his pride glory, begins running around while cheering wildly, completely ignorant of his surroundings.
But then Steven trips on the same rock Finn tripped over, and subsequently is impaled by Finn's sword.

Now they are both dead and everyone is unhappy.

HOWEVER, IT TURNS OUT THAT THE FINN THAT DIED WAS A CLONE CREATED EARLIER IN THE DAY BY PB, WHO DIDN'T WANT FINN PARTICIPATING IN SUCH IDIOTIC CHALLENGES. AND FINN IS ACTUALLY PLAYING GO-KARTS WITH THE ICE KING. FINN WINS.

See I can out bullshit your bullshit.
>>
>>84412892
>Duels were fought not so much to kill the opponent as to gain "satisfaction", that is, to restore one's honour by demonstrating a willingness to risk one's life for it.
By definition, what Steven is doing is not a duel. Steven didn't fight. The rule is a FIGHT. If there is no fighting it is not a fight. Let me put this in a differebt perspective. Finn and Steven are fighting. An asteriod lands on Steven and he dies. Did Finn kill Steven? If in fact Finn did not kill Steven Finn did not win a fight to the death. The difference being Steven is intentionally avoiding Finn as to not get killed. That is a surrender. That is giving up. That is a forfeit. If you give up fighting its a forfeit. Finn didn't cast an asteroid on steven, nor did neither have any knowledge of it. There's something called the burden of proof. I do NOT have to prove there is a rule that what you are doing is legal, YOU have to PROVE that what Steven is doing is legal. So answer this. How did Steven kill Finn, if he did nothing to cause Finn's death?
>>
>>84412932
What did Cinnamon Bun do that could kill Finn? Your argument was a top tier opponent. Finn has weaknesses, but Steven cannot overpower Finn through these weaknesses. Finn was also unarmed in the fight with the Demon Cat. Not even steven could defeat either of those opponents, its already settled that Rattleballs is a greater sword fighter than Finn. They dont count because they are already more powerful than Finn. If Finn had his sword things would be more different with the cat.
>>
>>84412619
>Finn Stabs Steven.
>Steven dies.

>guy with insta-healing saliva
>just dying to a sword wound
Try again.
>>
>>84412972
Too bad this is a death battle and not a duel or a fight then.

>There's something called the burden of proof. I do NOT have to prove there is a rule that what you are doing is legal, YOU have to PROVE that what Steven is doing is legal.
Jesus christ that's autistic, and I was the one pretending to be retarded.
Burden of Proof is on your hands saying that "Run away=Forfeit, you have to kill your opponent" and all that.
At best, I have to prove there is no rule against running away, no rule against trying to avoid damage, and no rule saying you have to be the cause of your opponent's death. I can prove that with past death battles clearly running without those rules.

> How did Steven kill Finn, if he did nothing to cause Finn's death?
It's not kill battle. It's death battle. Steven didn't die. Finn did. If you were in a gladiator match, and your opponent accidentally tripped and cut off his arm and died of blood loss, does that suddenly mean you lost the match? I'm pretty sure Gaara Vs Toph even specifically had an ultimate defense situation.
>>
>>84413015
Let me make things more clear, just because Finn can be defeated doesn't mean Steven can defeat Finn. You have to prove Steven can kill Finn, from the looks of it Steven just can't.
>>
This is stupid.
Anyway, fighting - let alone killing - is so utterly against Steven's nature that bringing Death Battle rules in pretty much nullifies the point of using Steven, because how far do you take it? Does he become a vicious sadist willing to use dirty tricks to win?
>>
>>84412972
It's an irrelevant point anyway, because just because Steven has great blocking abilities doesn't mean he relies on them exclusively. That's not supported by the show. Death battle rules mean he has no hesitation to kill, so when he does that shield-throw thing he took down Peri with against Finn, he doesn't hold back. He's killed gem monsters as well, often using the environment and ingenuity as much as innate abilities.
>>
>>84405782
Alexandrite>Jake.

But Steven has no way of killing Finn other than clubbing him with a shield. I mean in Death-battle logic each character uses all of their powers.
I think Steven could maybe super jump and bubble shield crush Finn but then Finn's OP leaf arm would 1-hit-KO Steven.
Steven tanked a space ship's laser cannons but leaf arm could coil around him Bubble shield is not as strong as his Summon Shield.
>>
>>84413046
Then it is not a battle. Might as well ask who will live longer with thaf logic. My proof is logic. Fucking use it. If you do not fight your opponent, and you are purposely preventing your opponent from fighting, did you fight your opponent? No. You didn't. Steven didnt do anything to Finn, so why even put up a versus? What do you think verses means? a fight. A duel. If Steven is not fighting, and is rather running away, how is he fighting?
>>
>>84413096
>Bubble shield is not as strong as his Summon Shield
What makes you say that?
>>
>>84413103
>My proof is logic. Fucking use it.
Alright, but you still need to prove that avoiding damage and running away are against the rules, and that's still not how burden of proof works. That's literally "god exists because he does" logic. Where's the rules that say you can't run away? Where's the rules that say running away is a forfeit? Especially since some of the winners of Death Battle have had to run away from close quarters combat before?

> If Steven is not fighting, and is rather running away, how is he fighting?
Because not getting hit is an incredibly common tactic across all fighting, real or fictional. Jumping over hadoukens in Street Fighter doesn't make it not a fighting game anymore.
>>
>>84413037
You mean the saliva that only works some of the time. Like most of Steven's powers?

>>84413046
Please point out any death battles in which the victor has won due to a technicality like their opponents falling on their face or old age.

I'd like to say though that Steven would only lose due to his age and lack of experience. Steven at Finn's age, would probably kick Finn's ass handedly. As Steven definitely would have a better grasp of his powers after so many years, along with the years of combat experience.

Or at the very least it would be an actually equal fight.

>>84413082
What I don't get is why do people come into Death Battle threads just to complain about Death Battle threads.
They are undeniably retarded, but that's part of the fun.
>>
>>84413090
Finn can take down Steven, Steven's shield throw is fucking pathetic I just watched what it is on youtube, Finn can easily block that with any sword he chooses.
>>
>>84413015

>What did Cinnamon Bun do that could kill Finn?

Being a better hero than finn.

>Your argument was a top tier opponent.

Rattleballs and demon cat are not top tier opponents, something like the lich or the magic man is what I think most would consider top tier opponents.

For the sake of the arguments let's use something even more generic, the fire guards, what are they aside from buff dudes with spears.
Are they also top tier opponents?

>Finn was also unarmed in the fight

If we're bringing equipment and weapons into this then Finn would be even more at a disadvantage in comparison to Steven.

>just because Finn can be defeated doesn't mean Steven can defeat Finn. You have to prove Steven can kill Finn, from the looks of it Steven just can't.

Defeating Finn doesn't seem that hard considering an old man armed with a wood piece was able to defeat him and could've killed him if that was his intention. Steven has literal superpowers. What does Finn have? His abilities that aren't even above those of normal enemies in his world?

Let's imagine an scenario: Both finn and steven are inside a room, they're both willing to kill each other and have no companions or weapons to aid them. Who wins?
>>
>>84413140
In Dr Eggman Vs Wily, the announcer said Wiley technically won because Eggman died first and it was his robot who summoned the thing that killed Eggman, but Metal Sonic ended up being declared the winner since it killed both of them.
>>
>>84413140
>You mean the saliva that only works some of the time. Like most of Steven's powers?
They're tied to his emotional state. If we're bringing that in, we should probably bring up the mopey funk Finn got in after FP, when he was a lame hero, and ended up sleeping with LSP. Neither one is really a truly emotionally solid individual, but if we assume Finn is in a mental state to fight, we should assume Steven is too, so his healing powers are going.
>>
>>84413134
There are no rules in a death match despite kill your opponent. Thats what Steven is doing, running away. You're right, jumping over a hadouken doesn't make it a non-fighting game. But you are still in that fight. Steven isn't in that fight. He ran away. Dodging is different than refusing to fight. If Steven is refusing to fight Finn, how is he fighting Finn? How is that even a fight if Steven isn't fighting? He forfeited. He gave up. How is Steven running away until Finn dies killing Finn? Answer this question. How is Steven killing Finn, if Finn died of old age?
>>
>>84413151
>Finn can take down Steven
With a sword against his bubble? Finn's a bit of a berserker when he fights. If he can't bust through the bubble, he'll just smash away at it until he wears himself out, and it would be completely in-character.
>>
>>84406807
>he could make a plant army, and still- finn would probably win.
Whoa whoa whoa.

Finn beats Steven sure, but that plant army took out all three of the crystal gems. Finn can't solo plant army.
>>
>>84413198
>There are no rules in a death match despite kill your opponent.
Oh hey, so running away doesn't mean you forfeit since forfeiting isn't a concept.
>Answer this question. How is Steven killing Finn, if Finn died of old age?
Not taking damage and stalling until you hit win condition, AKA death. In the exact scenario of a fighting game, you can time out your opponent, and if you have more vitality, you win the round. That's a perfectly valid tactic. In a sword duel/boxing match you can just decide not to use your energy on swinging, and just block/dodge until your opponent is tired to win too.
>>
>>84413172
Finn. Who is a top-tier opponent is completely your opinion. No, because they are not more powerful than Finn. Finn was arrested because he was overwhelmed. Are the candy people top tier opponents? Finn would have died if not for Science. Being overwhelmed doesn't count. So equipment aside, Steven doesn't get to use a shield. We are implying that they do have access to weapons, Finn did not have access to weapons so using the fight with the demon cat is irrelavent to a fight where he did. Exactly, Cinnamon Bun didn't call Finn enough with your bullshit. You forget, it is a wizard, and was it just him? No. Animals pinned him down and started mauling him. The reason of this argument is that even with magic, Steven cannot kill Finn. Just because someone has powers doesn't translate to power. Abracadaniel has powers, but can he kill Finn? No. If they were in a room with just hand to hand combat Finn wins undoubtedly, that's not even a question.
>>
>>84413233
This is a silly argument you keep hammering him with anyway though.When has Steven ever just run away from a fight? the CGs tried to get him to run from Peridot's ship, but he voluntarily went back and saved their asses.
>>
>>84413270
>So equipment aside, Steven doesn't get to use a shield.
You obviously haven't watched the show. The shield is not equipment you can deprive him of. It's an innate ability, a construct generated by his gem. It would be like saying Finn doesn't get to use his hands.
>>
>>84413213
You are implying that Finn's intensity means that skill goes completely out the window. Finn use technique with swords in any fight, he doesn't randomy slash away.
>>84413233
despite kill your opponent. Steven didn't kill Finn. That's not what's happening. Steven is not even in the boxing ring. If you run away from a fight you did not win. Even in boxing there is a point system. If you landed no hits, and threw no hits, vs someone who threw but didn't land, the latter wins.
>>
Holy shit this thread.

DeathBattle threads get fucking crazy.
>>
>>84411114
Fusion wouldn't help Steven at all because he'd only be allowed to use skills and abilities he's used in the past. His only fusion so far is Stevonnie who hasn't done any fighting yet.
>>
>>84413316
>Finn use technique with swords in any fight, he doesn't randomy slash away.
What is his technique? When I watched the show it often seemed to be "jump on a big monster and stab them"
>>
>>84413272
Well of course it's a silly argument. I'm honestly just kind of fucking around in the back while watching Rick and Morty. But the thread premise doesn't exactly lead itself to super serious debate anyway. Mostly shitflinging and arguments where you pick at eachother's grammar because there's no way to prove half the claims you make.

>>84413316
>Steven didn't kill Finn.
Alright, but it's death battle. Not kill battle. If Finn dies, Steven is the victor, because that's how the rules of death battle operate.

>If you landed no hits, and threw no hits, vs someone who threw but didn't land, the latter wins.
Cool, good thing you said this isn't boxing then. This is death battle. The person who dies loses. If Finn dies, he loses and Steven therefore wins because he's the last one standing out of the two.
>>
File: confusedfinnscreaming.jpg (153KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
confusedfinnscreaming.jpg
153KB, 500x500px
>>84413198
Finn wins because Finn walks off and decides to live a fulfilling life after realizing Steven is just going keep running away; eventually settling down with FP after some time, and having some weirdass Human/flame hybrid babies.
On the other hand Steven lives the rest of his life in constant fear, always looking over his shoulder, always awaiting the moment when the white-hatted demon might show up to put a knife through his throat.
Soon he becomes a bumbling alcoholic, wondering where it went wrong, and why he fears the imagined silhouettes laughing behind his back. Night after night he tells himself that he made the right decision to run away, to save himself at the loss of his dignity. It doesn't help though, it never helps.

However, one day he sees Finn with FP, walking down the street. Chatting away without a care in the world, without care for Steven. He realizes that while Finn was able to move on in his life and put the battle behind him, for Steven the battle was still going, still raging on.

That night Steven hangs himself.

Finn wins the deathbattle.
>>
>>84413352
>That night Steven hangs himself.
Considering the stretching episode, I think that actually wouldn't work.
>>
>>84413345
Irrelavent, he shows proficiency with it and that's that matters. It definitely isn't isnt mindlessly slashing.
>>
>>84413351
What are the rules of a death battle? It's a versus, you know what that implies? A fight.
>cool, good thing this isn't boxing
You were the one that brought up the boxing analogy
Answer the question. How did Steven kill Finn, if he did nothing to cause Finn's death? Answer that and only that. Show me the rules that someone dying first is the loser. If that's true why even put up a versus sign? Answer those two questions.
>>
>>84413371
No, it's definitely relevant. Finn fights a lot of enemies where his sword slashes can fuck them up easily, and there really isn't a lot of complex swordwork to it. Some big jumps and a couple of slashes, and they go down. What if he faced an enemy where the sword didn't do much?
>>
>>84413352
Why even give in to their autism? I don't even know why I'm dignifying this with a response.
>>
>>84413352
>eventually settling down with FP after some time
>Finn
>getting the girl
>ever

The best he can hope for is LSP, dude.
>>
>>84413418
>the style of martial arts is relavent
What are you autistic? Why does it matter? Finn is proficient, and is shown to be able to fight with other swordsman. How does this refer to Steven being able to kill Finn? Do you eve know any martial arts that involve the sword?I know you're going google it anyway .
>What if he faced an enemy where the sword didn't do much
Finn dies. If he meets an enemy he cannot defeat death is the only outcome. Wh
>>
>>84413415
>Answer the question. How did Steven kill Finn, if he did nothing to cause Finn's death?
I keep answering this. Stall tactics are valid. Evasion is valid. Look at Sam vs Snake. Snake ran away by turning invisible. Sam ran away before being shot by snake in order to gain better positioning for later.
Fuck nigga, Koopa straight up fell into lava and nobody gave a fuck about giving half a point to Goomba.

>Show me the rules that someone dying first is the loser.
The literal name death battle, and the Eggman Vs Wiley example I mentioned like an hour ago. Take up the rules with screwattack, I didn't make them.

>If that's true why even put up a versus sign?
To show the combatants who are participating in the death battle.
>You were the one that brought up the boxing analogy
I also brought up swordfighting. Where are the points in mideval swordfighting besides "the nigga who dodged is gonna cut off the other nigga's head soon"?

>Answer that and only that.
>Answer those two questions.
Nigga make up your mind.
>>
File: Peridot suit by jegc.jpg (128KB, 781x1490px) Image search: [Google]
Peridot suit by jegc.jpg
128KB, 781x1490px
>>84413360
That night Steven attempts to hang himself.
But it is to no avail as his bodies natural urges to survive are far too much against his ego, and Steven's neck stretches as he leaps off the stool.
Prone and broken, he cries loudly, cursing his mystical and immortal body.
In the distance a lightning bolt begins its decent.
THUNDER.
The lightning strikes a nearby tress, splitting it in two, causing its severed portion to collapse directly onto Steven's sole window of his one room apartment.

"What is this madness? Is it not enough that I cannot die? Must the gods themselves further my torment?"

Steven removes the noose from his neck, walking boldly into the new balcony the tree had gladly made for him.
As the rain washes of Steven, he screams into the aether. Another bolt of lightning illuminating his anger.

Steven is reborn.

The day after Steven is gone from the apartment. He is at a shop browsing the wares.
He purchases a shotgun.

Steven has decided he is going to meet an old friend of his, perhaps for the last time.
>>
>>84413521
Assuming Steven can regenerate like Pearl, I think a shotgun actually wouldn't work either.
>>
>>84413535
Read the last part again.
>>
>>84413481
>and is shown to be able to fight with other swordsman.
but Steven is explicitly NOT a swordsman. Nor is he a giant monster with soft guts. He's a one-kid defense-and-heal tank with defensive abilities on top of defensive abilities on top of regeneration.
>What if he faced an enemy where the sword didn't do much
>Finn dies.
That's precisely what Steven is. We've seen his shield get overwhelmed and knock him out, but it was from an alien ship's super-laser, and the shield still took it. So what's a sword going to do?
>>
>>84413270

Kek

>Who is a top-tier opponent is completely your opinion.

So non powered, non big antagonist characters are a no no because they're better than Finn and that somehow rules them out. You might as well say defeating Finn doesn't count.

>Finn was arrested because he was overwhelmed.

He literally charges one head on and get beaten. So not only is he not strong enough, he is also stupid.

>So equipment aside, Steven doesn't get to use a shield.

Come on man this is getting embarrassing.

>We are implying that they do have access to weapons, Finn did not have access to weapons so using the fight with the demon cat is irrelavent to a fight where he did

So Steven could perfectly use the time sand glass and use time bending magic? Or use a trio of laser light cannons? Do you really want that scenario?

>Exactly, Cinnamon Bun didn't call Finn enough with your bullshit.

I don't understand what you were trying to say here.

>You forget, it is a wizard

He didn't use any magic

>If they were in a room with just hand to hand combat Finn wins undoubtedly, that's not even a question.

So Steven, who has consistently been show to possess superhan strength and is able to withstand a rock bigger than his head directly to the face and has innate magic powers, can't defeat finn who has never been consistently show to have any superman strength. Considering Steven can rip off metal, what's stopping him from ripping Finn apart?
>>
>>84413501
>gain better position for later
That's different than running away altogether.
>bringing up Mario?
What, are you even trying? You're dancing around the question.
How,
Did Steven,
Kill Finn,
If Steven
Did Nothing,
To Cause
Finn's Death?
Answer that question.
>DEATH
>BATTLE
Do you not know what battle means? What do you think versus means? These all imply they are fighting. The OP isn't asking who has a longer life span.
>>
>>84413320
Usually StevenVFinn threads don't reach this level but some 'tists found it and now won't stop until this thread dies a shameful death.
>>
>>84413544
You imply that Steven's shield is infallible. You can always get around a shield, especially if you are alone. Why do you think armies that used shields stood side by side forming a wall? Steven isn't the shield, if Steven is as strong as a shield why use the shield in the first place?
>>
>>84413592
>You can always get around a shield, especially if you are alone.
He has been shown to be able to use the shield and an all-encompassing bubble at the same time. Have you even watched the show?
>>
>>84413567
>That's different than running away altogether.
Technically it isn't. It's just that Sam and Snake both came back. If either one had escaped after doing enough harm, they would've theoretically won the encounter, had the other person died of something like blood loss, or being captured by security or something. The fight stopped being a fight and ended up as a covert operation for a good 2 minutes.

>bringing up Mario?
I'm literally bringing up an example from death battle.
>What, are you even trying? You're dancing around the question.
Yeah, because you're asking a very technical question. In this scenario, Steven isn't the one who kills Finn, but there's no rule in death battle that says you have to kill your opponent. As shown multiple times when niggas have died from stupid shit like their own sand or falling into lava.

>The OP isn't asking who has a longer life span.
Yeah, he's asking in a fight to the death, who would be the last one standing. If Steven could evade damage (like all of his powers allow him to do) and then get in a position where he can avoid taking further damage (like flying, or going underwater in a bubble, or just shielding until he escapes Finn's assault), then avoid taking further damage until Finn dies from starvation or exhaustion or something, he would be declared the winner.
>>
>>84413552
It doesn't count because not even Steven can defeat the opponents Finn gets defeated by. Overwhelmed, do you not know what overwhelmed means? In the same episode Finn punches them down on the ground with one hit. Do you just ignore that? Equipment aside means equipment aside. Steven's shield is equipment. By that logic Finn can use all the impermeable armor and magic items throughout the series. We are just going with his usual get-up, his sword and himself. Why did you even bring up CB? Finn has lifted monsters tons off the ground, he has derooted trees, he cab break bricks off his limbs, you break his legs he just says whatever. He can witstand the intensity from lava, and you think Steven can overpower him? Even then hand to hand combat isn't solely based on strength, its also experience. Steven has virtually no experience in hand hand combat, Finn has spent his whole life punching things.
>>
>>84413552
>he didn't use any magic
Why are you strawmanning using old man as a weak feeble person? So what? Even Steven can get knocked out. The wizard was only able to knock out finn was because he was being mauled by animals, he wasn't even paying any attention to Forrest Wizard.
>>
>>84413684
>The wizard was only able to knock out finn was because he was being mauled by animals
Ordinary, if talking, forest animals. When Steven gets knocked out it's because an alien supervillain punches him in the face.
>>
>>84413632
That's different than running away altogether. Steven is refusing to fight. Finn didn't die of stupid shit, he died of old age. What does that mean? Even of the goal is to see who dies first, Steven did nothing to cause Finn's death, so why even argue the point of them fighting? Might as well ask who has the longer lifespan. Im done with you. Steven can only win by a technicality. That's embarrassing. I don't even see how you call that winning.
>>
>>84413725
So both can be knocked out? Why do you bother with the idea that Steven can knock out Finn? The only way Steven wins is by hiding like the little pussy he is. Do you even understand the psi that comes from blunt objects sticking the head? You can kill people.
>>
>>84413739
>Finn didn't die of stupid shit, he died of old age
That's some pretty stupid shit.

> Even of the goal is to see who dies first, Steven did nothing to cause Finn's death, so why even argue the point of them fighting?
Because Steven had to strategically get away from Finn and then use this avenue to exploit a victory

>Might as well ask who has the longer lifespan.
If it's a case of impenetrable(as far as the combatants are concerned) defense, yeah. If it was two walls who couldn't harm eachother, that's what it would come down to. If it was a wall that couldn't ever be hurt, but explodes after 15 minutes of existing, it would lose to a peasant wielding a sword if he survived the explosion. Both of those are valid.

>Steven can only win by a technicality. That's embarrassing. I don't even see how you call that winning.
So you're admitting he won then.
>>
>>84413763
>Why do you bother with the idea that Steven can knock out Finn?
Because past evidence regarding Finn totally supports this. He can be knocked out and injured way more easily than Steven can.
>>
>>84413725
>by talking forrest animals
Lets not forget solid metal objects such as a wrench. Or a deer hind kicking him in the face
>>
>>84413787
So Steven can witstand the heat of lava? Injuries don't stop Finn, he will power through ANY pain with willpower.
>>
>>84413786
The victory is a technicality, that's sad. Finn can kill Steven, but not the inverse. Whats sad is that he has to run away to win. I thought Steven was supposed to defend the earth or some shit, better run away so he can protect the earth.
>two walls that couldnt harm eachother
Finn CAN harm steven. Steven is being the pussy running away because he cant do shit.
>>
>>84413801
We were talking before about how he can be knocked out like any other normal person, and has been on multiple occasions. He doesn't power through that.
>>
>>84413824
>Finn CAN harm steven.
Debatable
>>
>>84413829
Neither does Steven. I dont see Steven powering through pain.
>>
>>84413837
Debatable? You pretty much admit to it. Why would Steven run away if Finn couldn't harm him? Thats been your entire argument. Run away avoid death. This is literally the most pathetic fight I could possibly imagine.
>>
>>84413824
>The victory is a technicality, that's sad.
Alright. He still wins then? I'll take that.

>Finn CAN harm steven.
That's debatable considering the forces the bubble shield can protect from. If Finn can't create more force than a crashing space ship, Finn can't hurt Steven.
>Steven is being the pussy running away because he cant do shit.
That's kind of how the show works anyway, so I don't see your point. It's like you're upset about your fictional character losing over a technicality.
>>
>>84413851
Upset? I don't see how you're proud of Steven winning because he can't be caught. That's just pathetic. A sad little boy that can't beat a mortal so he needs to avoid fighting him altogether. Just sad. Your MC is a joke of a warrior.
>>
>>84413838
>I dont see Steven powering through pain.
That's because you don't see Steven in pain, generally. He's constantly swallowing his own regenerative saliva.
>>
>>84413851
Win what? All he won was a competition to see who has the longer life span.
>>
>>84413872
And he is just as capable of being knocked unconscious.
>>
>>84413846
>Why would Steven run away if Finn couldn't harm him?
He wouldn't. Steven generally doesn't run away from battles. Maybe the star thingies on the beach? I know Finn has run away from a couple of battles. Bucket Knight for one.
>>
>>84413864
>your MC
I really don't see how you're so mad after you were the one who said Steven would win. All I've been saying is that Steven would be the last one standing in a battle to the death because you're allowed to do more than straight up fight.
Keep insulting Steven though, he's probably my least favorite gem after post-jailbreak Garnet.

>>84413875
Longer life span is a win condition if Steven can avoid the possibility of ever being killed by Finn. And his powerset allows him to do exactly that.
>>
Like other anons have said, steven's ability to bring things to life coupled with his healing saliva I think would allow him to fight finn on an even plane. We've never seen steven suffer a grievous injury though and we've no idea the extent of his healing powers, although he healed connie's eyes and thats some complicated shit. I think currently finn would still win but I think as the show goes on Steven is going to close that gap and then surpass him quite hard. As it is now, in terms of power I think they're quite close but finn has the instincts AND the experience.
>>
>>84409240
Enjoy getting completely fucked unless it's a very big knife or a very shitty shield
>>
>>84413892
Irrelavent from THIS battle. So Steven can in fact be harmed by Finm
>>
>>84413884
No, we just established, he's less capable. Steven can get knocked unconscious from a gem superpowered being, but can fall off a cliff or a carnival ride and be fine. Finn gets kicked by a deer or hit by animals and a club to the head.
>>
>>84409730
He is incredibly durable even his callouses have callouses
>>
>>84413894
All he won was a competition to see whi has the longer lifespan. That's what you are describing. If they are not fighting eachother, and are waiting to die. It isn't a fight. It is a competition to see who would live longer.
>>
>>84413352
>Steven keeps floating away from the battlefield
>He eventually leaves the planet
>Unable to die, Steven never stopped crying
>>
>>84413906
>So Steven can in fact be harmed by Finm
I don't think you've made a compelling case for that.
>>
>>84409806
And your overconfident
You could but you will be at a disadvantage
>>
>>84413918
So back to the original statement, he won, because the situation of a death battle allows him to bubble shield while finn attacks him, then leave unscathed after 5 days or so when Finn dies of morality.
>>
>>84413666
>Equipment aside means equipment aside. Steven's shield is equipment.
>>84413296
>amor and magic items throughout the series.
You mean the different swords and the equipment he finds on that train. Pretty sure none of that can top time travel.
>We are just going with his usual get-up, his sword and himself.
See this the part you're not able to understand, you're pitting a normal human (muh lava really doesn't work when the stick and the wrech or any blunt trauma are more than enough to put him out) against someone with literla magic powers, not the "oh well he lifted this being on this episode but got defeated by a big cat on this one" kind but the "he uses them regularly" type. One is consistent, the other incidental. Finn's power scale vaires depending on the episode, Steven always has the same abilities.
>Finn has lifted monsters tons off the ground, he has derooted trees, he cab break bricks off his limbs, you break his legs he just says whatever.
Oh please, we've already established that Finn's pain threshold is normal, considering a little allergic reaction was enough to keep him away from a party he obviously wanted to be in and getting hit on the head is enough to put him to sleep. Also, pain thresh hold doesn't save you from the effects of injuries, so even if Finn really had that it doesn't mean he would be able to survive a death injury.
>He can witstand the intensity from lava,
Apparently that's not enough to make him invulnerable to hard hits.
>and you think Steven can overpower him
Let's see, hand to hand combat requires you to be able to connect hits, you have to be close enough to your opponent to do it and as far as I know Finn doesn't have any speed related abilities. Consider this: you're putting Finn in a fist fight against a kid who's strong enough to rip off metal apart and can use his saliva to heal any non lethal wounds. That is not considering all the other abilities that would fall off the fist fight category.
>>
>>84413912
Do you even know the psi measurements from that?Finn also can withstand lava. Wether who can withstand the most abuse is irrelavent, Finn is durable, and can be killed. Just like steven. It comes down to a fight, are you implying Stevens offense is greater than that of Finns?
>>
>>84405392
Hard to say. Finn's competence varies widely between episodes. Sometimes he's a awesome unstoppable hero. Sometimes he's too incompetent to accomplish anything.
>>
>>84413924
If Steven's only purpose for hiding from Finn is to avoid being killed by him, then Finn in fact can kill him. If Steven cannot be killed by Finn, he has no reason to hide.
>>
>>84413940
Considering how Steven can create a army of plant monsters. He does have better offense.
>>
File: Finn Dungeon.png (426KB, 947x474px) Image search: [Google]
Finn Dungeon.png
426KB, 947x474px
>>84413940
>It comes down to a fight, are you implying Stevens offense is greater than that of Finns?
Maybe, maybe not. Their offense is honestly about equal. Steven's defense is undeniably higher though.
>>
>>84413957
>then Finn in fact can kill him
Well yeah, this is obvious.

Now take Steven and make him actively conscious, use his main power, and put him in a bubble. How does Finn harm him before he can escape and win via time?
>>
>>84411695
If the shield hits the knife user a few times he has already lost.

If your stuck with a knife against a shield you try and stab around the shield not beat it.
>>
>>84413938
The fight with the cat Finn was without his sword. That was already established why bring it up? Finn can withstand any pain. Steven is just as susceptible to injury, and can be killed. Steven got a black eye, even though he has magic whats your argument for that?
>>
>>84413957
Steven theoretically can be killed by Finn, it's just really really unlikely he'll get through a bubble, a shield, and hurt Steven enough that Steven can't magically heal himself. Finn's defense in comparison isn't much.
>>
>>84413958
He can't control his melon monsters. He cant create them and then order them to attack Finn.
>>
>>84413963
What time?
>>84413986
Neither is Steven's offense
>>
>>84411695
Bashings also stagger.
>>
>>84414005
>What time?
Finn's lifespan.
>>
>>84413996
>He can't control his melon monsters.
Couldn't before. He can now while in an unconscious state. so if he can keep his bubble up while unconscious and lead his plant soldiers on the outside against Finn, he's in a pretty good shape. If he can't there's a good chance the melons will defend Steven anyway.
>>
>>84414012
Oh so its a competition to see who has a longer lifespan. Because Steven is too pussy to fight. Doesn't Steven's magic wear him out? Can he even use magic while sleeping?
>>
>>84413938
>against someone with literla magic powers
Finn does have magic he knows ice ninja magic.

And he has defeated plenty of magic users.
>>
>>84414005
>Neither is Steven's offense
It's not great, but I think it's serviceable against a human with very little defensive skill. He uses his shield offensively, and utilizes his environment to give himself advantages, like in Bubble Buddies and Gem Glow.
>>
>>84414019
Finn would tear right through the melons. Those midgets will not be able to overwhelm him. Steven also has to plant them first. How can he plant if he is in a bubble?
>>
>>84414040
>Those midgets will not be able to overwhelm him.
Finn has fallen to numbers far fewer than that.
>>
>>84414039
>implying this will overpower Finn's sword abilities. Steven isn't a great offensive fighter, Finn is an expert with his sword stevens shield only overs so much of his body. He can be out maneuvered. You mean to tell me Steven can defeat Pearl with her sword? I've seen Pearl fight with her sword, its about as good as Finn.
>>
>>84414056
Yeah because he didn't have his weapons, numbers isnt the only factor, you also have to account for size.
>>
>>84414070
What part of that wasn't supposed to be greentext?
>>
>>84414100
The part where you use your common sense
>>
>>84414020
>Oh so its a competition to see who has a longer lifespan.
Yeah, as I keep having to say, that's what it boils down to when one side has a force that cannot penetrate the other side's defenses.

>Doesn't Steven's magic wear him out? Can he even use magic while sleeping?
Hey, some actual arguments. I was wondering when you'd get to these besides trying to insult the character because your favorite character lost to him.

When Finn first used his bubble, it was unconscious and lasted basically an entire day, I know that magic like shapeshifting tires him out if he has to exert energy into doing it (but the cat fingers episode shows that it doesn't seem to tire him out either?). I don't know what sleeping has to do with it though. The playback seemed to be
>Battle starts
>Finn swings at steven
>bubble/flying/whatever
>Finn doesn't have infinite stamina and probably knows attacking forever would kill him
>so Steven has an opportunity to escape and hide(or just go home probably) for let's say, 5 days, where Finn ends up dying of dehydration
>>
>>84414106
I'm supposed to be responsible for you tripping over your own argument?
>>
>>84413983

>The fight with the cat Finn was without his sword

Exactly, strip finn of his magic sword and what does he have? Nothing, any innate abilities? Nope, Any magic powers? Nope. He got beaten by the big cat precisely because without his sword he's not stronger that your average human, he got defeteaded by forest critters because he isn't stronger than your average human, he gets constantly knocked out by things like wrenches and sticks because he is no harder than your average human. So what does he have? Well the power to withstand lava according to you, but that doesn't seem to work for any other type of damage so sucks to be him I guess.

You can't strip Steven of his weapons because he is the source of them.

>Steven got a black eye, even though he has magic whats your argument for that?

You mean when he got a black eye by a quartz-class gem? What about it? You gonna argue humans are more durable than a gem?

Let me breaking down the ebdurence scale for ya

Human<Gems

Human<Hybrid human<Gems
>>
>>84414112
>lost to him
You mean he couldn't live as long as someone with a near infinite lifespan. Yeah such a terrible lost, a mortal losing to his own mortality and not to Steven.
>Finn dies of dehydration
So what? Finn can't drink water? Steven doesnt get dehydrated or thirsty? What is this? How is this even an argument? Im talking about years. Steven is going consistently hold onto his magic for 60-70 years?
>>84414118
So Steven can't defeat Finn's swordsmanship with his shield got it
>>
>>84414147
>Let me breaking down the ebdurence scale for ya
>Human<Gems
>Human<Hybrid human<Gems
This guy summed it up pretty well.
>>
>>84414160
>So Steven can't defeat Finn's swordsmanship with his shield got it
You keep forgetting that bubble.
>>
>>84414147
Steven's hybridism is what allows him ti defeat Finn. The shield isn't physically apart of him, he sumons it. Finn can sumon any ice magic weapon he chooses. Finn is an proficient in hand to hand combat regardless. He has increible strength regardless, so what that Finn could get defeated? Not even steven could defeat them.
>>
Who cares, they're both tumblrshit.

A true patrician would have recognized how Lincoln "Cuckolder of the Sponge" Loud could beat their nu-male asses instead.
>>
>>84414173
Ah yes, we already covered the fact that Steven has a longer life span than Finn
>>
>>84414182
isn't*
>>84414183
TLH wont get a 4th season calling it
>>
>>84414160
>You mean he couldn't live as long as someone with a near infinite lifespan.
Well yeah. If you get into a fight to the death with a wall and die never being able to break it, you lose that fight.

> Finn can't drink water?
Probably not during a death battle. I guess if you wanted to argue the case you can, since the scope of a death battle is "this and all other dimensions where the two combatants still exist"
>Steven doesnt get dehydrated or thirsty?
Yeah, he's half space rock(who cannonically don't need sustinance) with healing saliva. I'm not even fucking with you here, I think he would be fine in this scenario.

>Im talking about years. Steven is going consistently hold onto his magic for 60-70 years?
He hasn't shown the inability to, and in the proposed scenario, he doesn't need to. He can live at home for 70 years while Finn wanders aimlessly trying to kill him and end the battle, but until he does that, the battle wages on.
>>
>>84414193
LH is the greatest thing to happen to animation since My Life as a Teenage Robot.
>>
>>84414164
What contradicts it is that Steven has defeated Gems. So your whole human>human/gem hybrid>gem is false. Hybridism isnt what gives Steven the ability to defeat Finn, Finn can defeat Steven. Finn has been shown to have more endurance than Steven so whats your argument there.
>>
>>84414204
youre implying that Finn does not have access to water. Why do you keep pushing this whole finn aimlessmy trying to kill a flying magician? Might as well say Steven hangs himself in fear that Finn will ambush him. If Steven can go home Finn can get water. What fucking battle? There is no battle! Steven ran away!
>>
>>84412685
>but would let Finn Live
That is not how deathbattles work, sunshine. Either he deals the killing blow or is killed.
>>
>>84414189
>>84414237
So what situation are you proposing where Steven dies before Finn? Steven just not using his powers? That's not how death battle works.

If Steven does use his powers, then Finn can't deal damage. If Steven plays this tactically and flees, Steven just needs to survive Finn's life span. Which he does.

The only way Finn would really win is if both characters uncharacteristically fought hand to hand and were trying to kill eachother despite Finn's righteousness not even letting him kill an Ant and Steven's entire character being about healing and redemption for villains. But a death battle isn't only hand to hand combat, so you're allowed to incorporate other tactics.

>Why do you keep pushing this whole finn aimlessmy trying to kill a flying magician?
Because that was the post I initially replied to, so I'm gonna stick with it because that's what I've been arguing this entire time. Why would I not keep pushing my main point?
>>
>>84414219
>Finn has been shown to have more endurance than Steven
When?
>>
>>84414204
You don't die being unable to break it. You die normally of age, while the combatant hides out of fear being killed. Its like Steven is behind a locked door. Finn cannot open it. Steven wont come out. Finn dies of old age. Steven didn't do anything, if anything Steven missed his life with his family, his father never got to seem Steven while he was going to pass. Connie is a mortal and missed her life growing up with him. Such a winner. I hope that win was worth it.>>84414204
>>
>>84414182

>Steven's hybridism is what allows him ti defeat Finn

And?

>Finn can sumon any ice magic weapon he chooses

Lemme guess, another single-episode ability that is literally never mentioned again or acknowledged by the staff? You could've at least said something like "summoning the astral beast" and it would've looked less desperate, still doesn't work much considering finn needs to be in a sleep state to use it, leaving him completely vulnerable.

>He has increible strength regardless

Can he rip metal?

>so what that Finn could get defeated? Not even steven could defeat them

I'm a bit confused at why you're trying to type here.
>>
>>84414189
That's not what I'm saying. There is almost no way for Finn to take Steven in in a straight fight unless his sword can break Steven's bubble. Everything relies on that, because otherwise Steven can put it up whenever he needs it. Steven gets stabbed by the sword? he puts up his bubble and heals himself with his magical insta-healing spit. Finn is somehow out enduring him? He puts up the bubble to get his breath back. The comes back out and starts laying into Finn with his shield again. So it all relies on Finn being such a good swordsman that he can outmaneuver Steven's shield for an instant direct strike to the vitals (which we don't know if is even possible with Steven's hybrid physiology) or if one of his weapons can break the bubble.
>>
>>84414261
>he's never seen adventure time
>>84414259
Never did I imply that Finn is going to outlive Steven. But this "fight" you speak of is a competition to see who lives the longest at this point. You also assume that Finn is stupid enough to waste his energy. You assume that Finn is going to spend the rest of his life trying to break open a magic sphere. You can't prove that, so don't argue it. Theres nothing you even could prove it on. Can Steven stay in a sphere for 70 years? Magic siliva cures wounds, starvation and dehydration isn't a wound. The only other tactics is Steven running away from the fight. Thats not fighting, if Steven isnt fighting. You keep calling it a fight because you thinm Finn banging on a locked door is fighting.
>>
>>84414259
Fin could easily break through the bubble given time he has magic swords other then his leaf one you know
>>
>>84414307
>>he's never seen adventure time
No, It's just that I've seen both, and I think you're underestimating Steven's endurance.
>>
>>84414313
Demon Blood Sword got broken. What sword does he use that there is any evidence would be effective?
>>
>>84414264
>Its like Steven is behind a locked door. Finn cannot open it. Steven wont come out. Finn dies of old age. Steven didn't do anything
Yeah, that's a fight he would be declared the winner

There's no real point in the philosophical aftermath. The result is all that anyone cares about. If finn killed someone pure of heart he'd be emotionally disraught but I don't give a fuck about that either. It's just a matter of Finn dying first in a death battle.
>>
>>84414302
Finn is an incredibly good swordsman
>>
>>84414294
How often it appears is irrelavent. And the staff explained that they just forgot the spells. Who's to say Finn doesn't learn them again? Can he rip metal? can break it across legs. He broke a sword in half. He doesnt just rip metal, he breaks it. Bringing up villians that can defeat Finn is pointless, unless you're implying Steven can defeat those villains.
>>
>>84414329
>Finn is an incredibly good swordsman
He's also really really stupid.
>>
>>84414323
I would have to check but I'm pretty sure I have seen him use a few other swords
He does have a room full of old treasure to.

People seem to forget Finn is an adventurer in the dungeon delving sense
>>
>>84414316
And you underestimate Finn's
>>84414326
>battle
What battle? No fight is taking place here?
>>
>>84414347
>He does have a room full of old treasure to.
Death battle rules imply standard gear expected to be on them in an ordinary situation though. Finn usually carries one sword, sometimes even no sword at all. Since the thorn, I guess that's not relevant, but he still is not going to have instant easy access to his treasure room.
>>
>>84414334
Finn is an incredibly competent swordsman. Finn is uneducated through the means of academics. There is no reason for him to need it where he lives
>>
>>84414307
>Never did I imply that Finn is going to outlive Steven.
I never said you did.

>But this "fight" you speak of is a competition to see who lives the longest at this point.
Yeah, because that's what it boils down to. Just like a swordfight boils down to who's better with a sword, a Martial Arts tournament boils down to who has better technique.

> You also assume that Finn is stupid enough to waste his energy.
I assumed the opposite of that actually. I assumed he would quit, so Steven then has a chance to run away.

>Magic siliva cures wounds, starvation and dehydration isn't a wound.
Neither is nearsightedness, but magic saliva cures that too. It also cures cracked gems.

You keep just saying "that's not a fight" like it'll actually help your case. Yeah sure, it's not a fight. But death battles aren't only fighting. Most are decided by tactics and endurance.
>>
>>84414362
I suppose thats a fair point

I do think Finn could break the bubble though
>>
>>84414385
I don't think he could with brute strength though, and none of the swords he's used show enough magic force to beat a crashing space ship.
>>
>>84414366
>Finn is uneducated through the means of academics.
No, I mean his judgment is terrible. That episode where people keep saying "But Finn didn't have his sword!" he jumped into that dungeon WITHOUT his sword, his own choice. people keep saying how skilled he is, but fighting is also about planning, and it would not surprise me at all to see Steven put up his bubble and Finn, if he isn't able to break through it, insist that he can, and keep hacking away at it until he wears himself out.
>>
>>84414372
>tactics and endurance
If anything Finn just giving up doesnt help your case. Its not a fight. No one is fighting. All this is, is who lives the longest. A sword battle is to see who is the better swordsman. Theres an actual battle here. You are born with a lifespan you don't train it. You don't fight to see who has a better lifespan. Lifespan can only be longer. More specifically you are born with mortality. Theres no battle just Steven being a pussy running away. Thats all he can and will ever do. No fight. Unless you have any proof that his magic siliva can sure hunger theres no sense in bringing it up.
>>
>>84414399
>and none of the swords he's used show enough magic force to beat a crashing space ship.
Not only that, when Rose used the Bubble, it saved a handful of gems from Homeworld's final attack, or at least this is implied. The bubble is OP.
>>
>>84414402
>Season 1 episodes are relavent to now
Finn is smarter than he used to be. Theres no evidence suggesting that Finn will infinitely hack at an impenetrable bubble. It wouldn't surprise me if Steven hangs himself in his home out of fear of an ambush
>>
>>84414402
He did do that against the ice king true.
>>
>>84414413
>Theres no battle just Steven being a pussy running away.
Alright, and Finn dying, leaving Steven the victor of the death battle. Cool.

>Unless you have any proof that his magic siliva can sure hunger theres no sense in bringing it up.
Pearl specifically despises food, it's canon information that gems don't need food to survive.
>>
>>84414434
> It wouldn't surprise me if Steven hangs himself in his home out of fear of an ambush
wow, the edge.
>>
>>84414434
>Finn is smarter than he used to be
He's also mopier and more preoccupied with his love life. That's a distraction.
>>
>>84414445
>battle
What battle anon? Steven did nothing to cause Finn's death. Steven isn't a gem. He is a human/gem hybrid. Pearl also likes pie so wtf happens there? Why do you keep insisting they are fighting? No one is fighting.
>>
>>84414464
What love life? Finn doesnt even have a current love interest. By that logic Connie is a distraction to Steven.
>>
>>84414456
You think that's edgy? Go back to tumblr
>>
>>84414468
>Why do you keep insisting they are fighting?
I'm literally saying the opposite of this though. You're the only one who keeps using specific termonology that doesn't apply.

>What battle anon?
Just because they're not always in a state of fighting doesn't mean they're not in a battle. It's compulsory due to the nature of the situation. It starts, they're opponents because that's how it arbitrarily started. It ends when one or both parties dies, and the remaining party is the victor. You're the only one saying that death battle=kill eachother=fighting=CQC at all times=etc.

> Pearl also likes pie so wtf happens there?
Word of god made it canon, she likes baking pie and the concept of pie, but doesn't enjoy eating it.
>>
>>84414492
Can you seriously read the line of "i expect this 12 year old cartoon child to hang himself in fear of being assassinated by this other 12 year old cartoon character" and not consider it edgy?
>>
>>84414524
Defintion of battle
-fight or struggle tenaciously to achieve or resist something.(v)
By definition what they are doing is not a battle. They are not fighting, if there is no fight it is not a battle. All you describe is a competition to see who had the longer life span. Regardless if Finn passes first, that does not mean Steven won a death battle, because by definition it was not a battle. He just simply outlived him.
>>
>>84414540
Hardly. You must be new if you think that's edgy. Lurk moar
>>
>>84414330

>How often it appears is irrelavent.

Rather convenient since both this and the lava thing only appeared once and are never ever ever acknowledged again.

>the staff explained that they just forgot the spells
>Who's to say Finn doesn't learn them again?

Who's to say he doesn't forget them again? See, this is why you don't bring up inconsistent abilities in a discussion like this. They're very easily disposed.

I'll give you the benefit and say he does learns them against, that implies prep time, and if we're tossing prep time into the mix then, Steven can use his prep time to make a melon army. And as you yourself admitted Finn easily falls to numbers, Steven wins.

>Can he rip metal? can break it across legs

Not with his bare hands? Oh, well too bad then.

>He doesnt just rip metal, he breaks it.

Anon, ripping something is harder than breaking it. Try and break a wood plank, you can do that by simply jumping on it while its tilted, now try ripping it in half, literally impossible with your bare hands.

>Bringing up villians that can defeat Finn is pointless, unless you're implying Steven can defeat those villains.

I'm pretty sure Steven is not gonna get captured by fluffly forest animals. Or knocked by a wrench, seeing how he took a rock 2 times his weight to the face and only got a small scar.
>>
>>84414568
> to achieve or resist something.
Why did you choose this definition specifically, it specifically goes with my argument of "steven resisted dying from Finn's hand"
>>
>>84414584
The rock that hit him wasent very big
>>
>>84414621

Weight, not size.

A 2x2 cardboard cube is still lighter that a 1x1 metal cube
>>
>>84414584
Meanwhile Finn sits in Burning coal non-chalantly. The point is having the will to power through intense pain. He broke the sword the same way you break a baseball bat over you legs
Rest it on yout thigh and push down, thats with your bear hands how is it not
Wood cant be torn because of its molecular structure. Metal is malleable enough to tear and bend. You literally cant do that would wood.
>what is psi
It doesn't matter how big something is, what matters is the pounds per square inch. Finn has also been pounded into the ground by someone 50 times his size. Melons have to grow, and they only listen to Steven if he is a melon to too. Finn can turn invisible with ice magic, and while he is hidden he tear all the melons apart.
>>
>>84414616
fight or struggle tenaciously to achieve or resist something.
He isn't fighting nor struggling. All he needs to do is float like pussy. Also tenaciously, he isn't exactly working hard floating, anon. By definition it isn't a battle
>>
>>84414700
Having some other nigga swing a sword at you at an attempt to kill you feels like struggling tenaciously by many interpretations.
>>
>>84414707
>implying Finn is attacking Steven
All this is, is the locked door scenario. Steven is behind a door Finn cannot open. Finn has no choice but to wait for death because Steven will not come out. Finn dies of old age. Steven didn't fight or struggle tenaciously to stay alive. Therefore Steven did not win a death battle. It is not a battle without a fight. Did Finn fight the door? Probably. Does that mean Steven fought and struggled tenaciously for his life? No. Did Finn? No. Finn died inevitably, he didn't struggle to stay alive.
>>
>>84414726
>Finn dies
Alright, glad we could come to an agreement.
>>
>>84414731
So what? Finn dies inevitably doesn't prove anything. All that is is a competition to see who has the longer lifespan. Thats all Steven won, Steven didn't win the death battle. Steven didn't win anything besides being a fucking pussy.
>>
>>84414731
>it wasnt a battle
Glad we could come to an argeement. What you describe isn't even a fight.
>>
>>84414742
>>84414756
Alright, but that still means Finn loses since he died first.
>>
>>84414759
You're right, Finn lost the competition to see who has the longer lifespan. Kinds predictable due to the fact Finn is completely mortal. Because by definition it isn't a death battle. There is no fight, no struggle, therfore no battle.
>>
>>84414772
Well, no, apparently the definition of battle doesn't actually require it to be a fight, given the definition found in >>84414568

It can be a fight, or it can just be a struggle to achieve or resist something. Achieving being the last person standing makes it fit the definition exactly of a death battle.
>>
>>84414797
But he didn't struggle tenaciously to achieve that something. Just because something is achieved doesn't mean it was a battle.
You dont cut out half of the definition to fit your choosing. Neither fought for their life. Neither struggled tenaciously for their life. Guess what? That means it was NOT A BATTLE
>>
>>84414813
That's the thing though, you were the one to use that definition. You were also the one to say Finn could harm Steven. Therefore, this is definitely a struggle for Steven's life.

Unless you're saying there is no possible chance Finn could ever beat Steven. I guess in that case, it's just one-sided.

I'm literally just using your arguments, so feel free to disprove yourself.
>>
>>84414850
Steven isn't struggling to survive, steven isnt fighting for his life by being out Finn's reach. All he has to do is hide himself until Finn dies, Steven did not struggle for his life. If Steven was fighting Finn, then he would be struggling for his life. Finn didn't strugle for his life while Steven was in the bubble. Finn didn't fight for his life while Steven was in the bubble. How was it a battle? It is not by definition. Steven refused to fight, you even admitted he didn't fight, because you thought that not fighting still means it is a battle.
>>
>>84414850
If Finn couldn't hurt Steven, then why is he suspended in a Bubble until he dies? Regardless neither are fighting, being a bubble isn't fighting, nor is it struggling tenaciously for his life. Therfore it is not a Death Battle. Even though Finn can kill Steven, Steven isnt struggling to stay alive, nor is he fighting for his life. Do you not know what locked door means? Steven is behind a locked door that Finn cannot open. Finn dies of old age. That isn't a fucking battle, there was no fight or struggle to stay alive for either of them.
>>
>>84414879
The very definition of the word battle said "Fight OR struggle". It doesn't have to be a fight to be a battle, it can be a struggle. That's how definitions work. The word "Or" means there are two possible things, meaning two interpretations in that definition. It can be a fight, or it can be a struggle. Both are valid. I shouldn't have to explain how to read a definition to you.
Even if nobody wins by the first word of the definition, the death battle doesn't stop being a death battle. It was just the title chosen by screwattack anyway.

>>84414911
I don't know why you're replying twice to all of my posts too. You're not even saying anything different. Are you just twice as upset now?

They're in a death battle because it's a thread of "what would happen if steven and finn were in a death battle". It doesn't stop being a death battle until one dies, even if they stop battling for a bit, or a lifetime. You can keep saying "WHERE IS THE SPORT?" like some roman crowd member, but that's not how things actually go.
>>
>This arguing about who lives longer
If that thing about Finn being a reincarnation is true then technically he lives longer since he'll be reincarnated
>>
>>84414969
It's more arguing that Steven's defense is so strong that Finn would die before he can do any damage to Steven.

Behind all the ironic shitposting (and the people getting legitimately upset for some reason), that's a valid fight/argument. It's all getting boiled down to insults and nitpicking that it doesn't count as a fight though.
>>
>>84414936
Except neither is struggling for their life. Neither is fighting for their life. Either way it is not a death battle. It isnt even a battle. How did Finn struggle to stay alive? he died of old age? Thats inevitable. How did Steven struggle to stay alive? How did Steven fight to stay alive. Either way no one fought or struggled for their lives. By definition, it was not a battle. How are you arguing with facts? All it was is a competition to see who has a longer life span. It was supposed to be a death battle, but it is not if there was not fight, nor if there was any struggle.
>>
>>84414989
Its not a fight. There was no fight. There was no struggle for either to stay alive. Both ways it is not a battle. Steven did not win a death battle, because by definition it isnt a battle
>>
>>84414936
>what would happen if theyre in a death battle
The only outcome of Steven "winning" is avoid Finn until he dies of old age. But if you use that outcome it isn't a death battle by definition. That cant be an outcome for a death battle because by defintion it isn't a battle. It stops being a death battle the moment any fighting stops, or any struggle stops. It isn't a battle. Steven cannot win a death battle by hiding from Finn, because he isn't fighting, he isn't struggling tenaciously to stay alive, it is no longer a death battle. It doesn't stay a battle because the title says so, the title is wrong. If thats how it ends it stoped being one. You cannot dispute that fact.
>>
>>84414994
>>84415006
>How did Steven struggle to stay alive? How did Steven fight to stay alive.
Because there was a guy trying to kill him who was fully capable of killing him if he let his guard down.

That's a struggle for survival. The difference between the door thing you keep proposing and Steven being behind a shield is that the door is an independent party not based on either character. Steven's shield is Steven's power, and that's a power that can be broken through with enough force. It's just that this particular opponent, Finn, can't break through it, because he can't exert that amount of force. Just because Finn's a wimp against Steven's shield doesn't mean it stops being a death battle.
>>
>>84414683

>Meanwhile Finn sits in Burning coal non-chalantly. The point is having the will to power through intense pain.

Kek, so it's not really there as a real ability, it's just "the will". Good one.

>He broke the sword the same way you break a baseball bat over you legs
Rest it on yout thigh and push down, thats with your bear hands how is it not

So Finn breaks (easier) a long thin piece of metal, while Steven rips (harder) a square if metal. Well thanks for proving my point.

>It doesn't matter how big something is

That why I said "2 times his WEIGHT", not size.

>Melons have to grow, and they only listen to Steven if he is a melon to too

Nope, first episode they appear in ends with Steven giving them orders. And is literally hundred of melons that don't even take more than a couple hours to grow. And killing any melon would immediately give away his position, same for sound. Also, steven has already faced invisible enemies before.

Literally Finn vs Steven and his melon army. Let's see his will power get him out of that one.
>>
>>84415043
Wrong. Stevens shield is impossible for Finn to break through. So why would steven struggle to stay alive? He isn't struggling, it would only be struggling if Finn was capable of breaking the bubble, which he is not. Therefore it isnt a battle. It is no longer a death battle because neither competitor struggled for their lives. Finn isn't struggling for his life either, Steven in the bubble isnt a threat to Finn,if Finn died of old age he in fact didn't struggle at all to stay alive. That means it isn't a battle
>>
>>84415044
>a sword is a long thin piece of metal.
What are you retarded? Swords are designed to be tougher than what a norm sheet of metal the same size would be. Weight is irrelavent, what matters is the psi. He can withstand lava, it has always been his will. The point has always been he can witstand any pain.
>killing anyone would give away his position
good thing he can make clones. Kinda takes away the overpowerment. Finn can also summon a storm of knives. I want to see melons go against that.
>>
>>84415087
You never did address the analogies of the swordfighters from earlier, actually.

If two people are swordfighting, one does nothing but parry the other guy's attacks, and the other one tires himself out swinging, is it not a fight suddenly?

You decided to only take half of that analogy, and then deflect having to answer it by going on the whole "steven didn't kill finn!" thing. Which you seem to have given up at this point.
>>
>>84415122
irrelavent. Finn is an expert swordsman and can easily maneuver around Steven, of they were to fight Steven would lose. Your argument was that Steven wins the death battle because Finn dies before him, but is more relavant is the circumstances. Because given the circumstances it was not a battle, therefore Steven did not win the death battle
>>
>>84415122
parry is still attacking. Steven is impermeable to any attack Finn could use. That means Steven didn't have to struggle to stay alive, he put no enfort. You forget the word tenacious. Finn didn't die struggling for his life, he died of old age. That implies he passed without any struggle. It is not a battle. It is not a death battle. It is a competition to see who has the longest life span
>>
>>84415148
>irrelevant
Actually, incredibly relevant. As much as the door analogy you keep repeating.
>f they were to fight Steven would lose.
You mean in combat, Steven would lose. Yeah. But a battle isn't only combat. A battle has things like tactics and strategies.

>>84415167
>Steven wins the death battle because Finn dies before him, but is more relavant is the circumstances.
Yeah, because the thing that leads up to this is Steven's move of creating an impenetrable shield. Just like parrying doesn't put the second swordfighter's life in any kind of danger at all. I guess that means a literal swordfight is not an actual fight in your eyes?
>>
>>84415192
I bring up the door analogy because it fits perfectly. Steven locked himself behind a door, putting up an impenetrable forcefield. Finn cannot open the door, because it is locked, just as Finn cannot break through his forcefield. Steven isn't going to come out until Finn dies. Just like in both scenarios. No one struggled for their life, and no one fought for their life. If Steven is behind something Finn cannot get through, then Steven is in fact not fighting Finn, nor is he struggling to stay alive. He has no worries. If there is no fight or struggle tenaciously to achieve something than it is in fact not a battle. You cannot dance around that. A parry is a counter-attack, Steven isn't countet attacking anything. What Finn goes through is irrelavent, what Steven won is not a death battle, yes Finn would struggle and fight to get through the shield, but that doesn't make it a battle. Finn isn't in any danger from Steven being in the bubble, Finn is not fighting for his life. He died of old age. It was not a battle
>>
>>84415273
Let me be more clear. If the goal of a death battle is to outlive your opponent, than you are fighting for your life. You are struggling to ensure that your opponent dies before you. That being said, if your opponent does die before you, but you did not struggle to stay alive, than it is not a battle. It is not kill your opponent, because then Steven would lose anyway, because he was not the cause of Finn's death, his mortality was.
>>
>>84415273
A parry isn't a counter-attack though. It's just an attack deflection, the exact same as a bubble shield.

>yes Finn would struggle and fight to get through the shield
You kept literally saying there was no struggle whatsoever and now you're saying the opposite.

>Finn isn't in any danger from Steven
Both sides don't actually have to be in danger for it to be a battle. The definitions of fight nor battle require danger to exist. You can have practice fights where neither party will die. You can have battles between things like nations, where an entire country won't actually physically die.

>If there is no fight or struggle tenaciously to achieve something than it is in fact not a battle. You cannot dance around that
I'm not the one trying to dance around the very definition you posted. I even brought it back up for you. You're the one here saying the definition of a battle is a struggle to achieve something. You're the one who says Finn struggles. You're the one who says Steven achieves victory. For all intents and purposes, there's the definition right there. Tenacity is subjective because it's just quantifying determination. Steven is very determined to not die. He achieves that. He struggles because if he lets down the shield, he dies.
>>
>>84415338
Read this first. You are confused with Finn struggling to kill someone, rather than struggling to stay alive. Will read the rest of that wall of text.
>>84415334
>>
>>84415113

>What are you retarded? Swords are designed to be tougher than what a norm sheet of metal the same size would be.

>sheet

Who said anything about sheet of metal? I was talking about difference in mass, what steven ripped was an entire circular piece of metal, what finn broke is in rogh terms a stick made of metal. The one with the most mass is obviously harder to damage, its the reason why longsword will always break a katana.

>He can withstand lava, it has always been his will. The point has always been he can witstand any pain.

Not a blow to the head apparently, his only endurance seem to be against heat, a shame since none of Steven's powers is heat based.

>good thing he can make clones

Too bad the clones can't inflict any physical harm since they're only an illusion.

>a Knife storm

There better be over a hundred knifes in there because otherwise it won't do much good.
>>
>>84415338
>he struggles because if he lets down the shield he dies
Since when does Steven struggle using a protection bubble? If in fact the possibility exist that Steven struggles to keep his bubble up, that further supports the argument that Finn will win in a death battle versus Steven;Steven struggles to keep his magic bubble up, and the inevitability increases the longer he holds it up. He isn't struggling to stay alive, he is stuggling to keep his bubble up, regardless that just further supports Finn winning by ending Steven's life.
>>
>>84415360
>. If the goal of a death battle is to outlive your opponent, than you are fighting for your life. You are struggling to ensure that your opponent dies before you.
> It is not kill your opponent, because then Steven would lose anyway
So far so good. You grasp the concept of a death battle, all of that is valid. Steven would assuredly lose if this was "combat to the death" and not "death battle".

>That being said, if your opponent does die before you, but you did not struggle to stay alive, than it is not a battle.
Alright see, there's your problem. Burden of proof time. What arbitrary rule are you invoking to invalidate this as a death battle? Why does it suddenly stop being one?

>>84415384
Again with the double replies. This just makes it slightly more tedious to reply to, you know. Get all your thoughts out the first reply, jesus.
> If in fact the possibility exist that Steven struggles to keep his bubble up
That's not what was said at all. It's a matter of a situation arising like
>Finn gets tired
>Pretends to fall asleep or something
>steven lets his guard down, attempts to de-bubble and leave
>Finn murders him
Which is just as likely to happen as Steven escaping unscathed. But you never considered Finn envoking any kind of plan. All you had was "yeah but my fictional character could beat up yours". That's a perfectly reasonable situation where all factors could remain stable (since you like bouncing back between "Aha! So Finn could kill Steven!" and "Noooo, but that doesn't count as a battle if Finn can't kill Steven!"), you just haven't considered anything like it because you're so stuck on Steven outplaying Finn instead of overpowering him.
>>
>>84415361
Finn's sword is very thick though, and he broke that, versus peeling something. This argument is pointless unless you can prove that peeling metal requires more strength than breaking a sword. Its not about heat, its about pain, if in fact steven can knock out Finn, that would imply that Steven is better at physical combat. He just isn't Steven doesn't fight. Finn is extremely experienced when it comes to fighting. The storm he can create makes hundreds or knives, and along with it a powerful gust of ice winds.
Finn isn't just resistent to the pain of heat, he can take any physical pain. It isn't a requisite for it to be heat.
>>
>>84415426
Proof? A fucking dictionary. If it does not fit the definition of a battle it is in fact not a death battle. The problem with making a plan is that it is utterly retarded and biased. Explain your characters powers are, and think about what would be a better fighter. It the purpose of a death battle is to ensure that your opponent dies before you. It is not kill your opponent. Thats what you told me. But if Finn dies before Steven, and Steven did nothing to struggle and make sure he stays alive, or fight to make sure he stays alive, it is not a battle due to definition. There doesnt have to be a rule, its using fucking logic, theres no other rule that making sure your opponent dies before you, but if it does not fit the definition of a battle it is no longer a battle.
Source: A fucking dictionary
>>
>>84415426
>arbitrary
I'm literally using the definition of battle. If the scenario does not fit the defintion of a battle, it is in fact not one. All it technically is is a competition to see who has a longer lifespan. You haven't contradicted why it isn't that.
>>
And thread dies before I can reply. Just great
>>
>>84415473
>>84415499
Alright, but I don't see the phrase "Death Battle" in any dictionary. "Death Battle is a web-based video series by Screwattack" is the only definition I can kind of find.

>The problem with making a plan is that it is utterly retarded and biased.
Yet that's literally what every death battle thread does. Batman has kryptonite because he has prep time because he has a plan. Superman vs Batman would end up with Batman as a bloody pulp on the floor. But it gets argued at least once a week as a death battle, even though without kryptonite and plans, Batman has no chance against Superman.

> it is not a battle due to definition
You're the one saying Finn struggles to get into the shield. If you're finally listening to the things I say instead of just silently accepting some of your arguments aren't sound and acting like you never made them, then you should listen to when I keep saying Steven is struggling for his life. If at any time Finn catches him, he gets killed.

>there doesn't have to be a rule
>theres no other rule that making sure your opponent dies before you
There is though. It's consistent within the series that one party dies, and therefore the alive party is the victor. How are you going to fault me for not going by the dictionary definition of battle when you can't even stay consistent within the rules of the series the thread is about?
>>
>>84415601
YOU don't make plans to support you argument, it is retard and biased. I DID prove that it isn't a battle.
>>
>>84415627
Alright, but what does not being a battle have to do with being in the series of Death Battle? There were a ton of Death Battles that technically weren't inherently battles.
>>
>>84415601
It doesn't matter if Finn is struggling to get into the shield. The purpose is to ensure they die before you. No kill your opponent. Finn just needs to make sure his opponent doesn't kill him. And Steven isn't supposed to kill Finn, he is supposed to ensure that his opponent dies before him. He does, but it wasn't a battle. If the purpose was to kill your opponent, Steven failed regardless to Finn struggling because Steven failed to kill Finn
>>
>>84405392
Glad To see this thread still here. Finn would win.
>>
>>84415653
They weren't battles. and the ones participating in them are too incompetent to understand what a battle is. Call it whatever you want but technicality Steven winning wasn't a battle
>>
>>84415680
>>84415667
Wai, this entire time, did you even know about the actual deathbattle series on youtube by Screwattack that these threads are based on?
>>
>>84415703
The series is wrong. By definition this is not a battle. And if similar events happened and called it a battle, they were wrong.
>>
>>84415716
>the series is wrong
Yet you've been arguing for hours on end about how Finn would win the specific series you think is wrong.
>>
>>84415730
The series is wrong if it ignored what a battle is you fuckwit
>>
>>84415739
A would probably be better word choice here
>>
>>84415739
The series is the literal reason the thread exists.

This is like going into a thread discussing Finn's future and not knowing what Adventure Time is, but boasting your opinion about what Finn should turn out to be.
>>
>>84415762
So what? Doesn't refute my argument. The series is based on the youtube series. I can still discuss who would win faggot.
>>
>>84415762
You missed my point. If a series ignores what a battle even is the outcome is incorrect. How can it be a battle if no battle took place? Just because the series has similar past outcomes, doesn't mean it was right. All it is is a mistake. It is incorrect to declare Steven winning the death battle, if in fact it was not a battle.
>>
>>84415810
You can calm down with the namecalling since we're on page 10 bump limit, but at least don't go into a thread this ignorant next time

>The series is based on the youtube series
The youtube series is based on the youtube series? What?

>Doesn't refute my argument.
You've had no argument besides "that's not a fight". Literally nobody in this chain has said Steven would win in 1v1 combat in his current state. The entire point of the thread is who would win the death battle. Not who would beat up who. You haven't ever even started having a point.
>>
>>84415834
>You missed my point.
And you've missed the point of literally everything. Jesus christ, how do you fuck all of this up that badly? I'm almost sorry for you. I'm halfway through season 2 of Rick and Morty and you just spent the past, what? 6 hours? Arguing the wrong thing.
>>
FINN WINS. THE END
>>
>>84415888
I think everyone except the nigga who didn't know what a death battle is wins.
>>
>>84415855
This series threads is based on the youtube series
If it is not a battle, it cannot be a death battle. It doesn't matter what the name is, if it does not fit the definition it is not a battle. I have be arguing for 10 hours and thats the main subject. You're the only one insisting that a death battle just get to bypass defintions. This argument wasn't based on the series, and if the series had a similar outcome, aboid the fight completely until they die, I have already explained it isnt a battle. Its just a competition to see who would live longer
>>
>>84415910
Alright but in this thread, going by all of that, you admit Steven would win.

Go make a thread asking who would win in 1v1 combat.
>>
>>84415877
>arguing the wrong thing
nigger what? The definition of a battle doesn't fit with the outcome you are arguing. By definition it isnt a battle. You cant dispute that. Who ever made that series was a retard for not knowing what battle means. Just because the youtube series says it is doesnt mean it technically is. Thats a logical fallacy
>>
>>84415938
Steven didnt win a death battle you fuck. He won a lifespan competition
>>
>>84415943
>throwing around logical fallacy like it actually applies
It's a goddamned death battle thread and your last posts in this death battle thread have been "death battles are wrong but finn would win one if they were right"

Like how fucking unaware of your situation can you be to argue that for 10 hours?
>>
>>84415938
You don't just get to
>nuh uh
You failed to contradict my argument, and if you think just because the youtube series says it is a battle you are committing a logical fallacy
>>
>>84415967
Which, for all intents and purposes, is the same thing.

He didn't win a fight, I'll give you that. He won a competiton and a death battle, and apparently, this thread (which was both of those things)
>>
>>84415977
I never said death battles were wrong. I said an outcome denying the definition of a battle is wrong. Finn winning follows the definition
>>
>>84415994
No. I explained why in my earlier post. You fail to expain yourself
>>
>>84415994
He didn't win a death battle because it wasnt a battle. You don't just get to ignore defintions because hurr muh yt series is infallibly correct
>>
>>84416005
>>84416022
Man, you're being a really sore loser for not knowing what a death battle is and thinking a death battle thread wouldn't follow the definition of the goddamned death battle series and instead follow the dictionary definition of "battle", which it still does anyway.
>>
>>84416040
How so? Explain yourself. I explained myself. You have not.
>>
>>84416039
He didn't win a fight. He still wins the death battle just because the person arguing against him was illiterate.

Fuck, I seriously still can't believe you went 10 fucking hours without googling death battle when stumbling into this thread. I even gave you specific examples. Did you think koopa vs goomba was a legitmate mario reference?
>>
>>84416040
The series say your opponent needs to die before you. But it stops being a battle the moment it doesn't fit the definition on one. Thats a logical fallacy
>>
>>84416050
You're literally reading the explaination right there. I mean, I know you can't read because you went into a death battle thread arguing for everything except an actual death battle, but haha oh wow you're mad with all these multiple replies, beinging up logical fallicies when you've been trying to ad hom, and then just ignoring what's sitting in your face. This is practically like you crying that you lost, it's great.
>>
>>84416057
logical fallacy. Educate yourself
>>
>>84416082
Ad hom js judging where info comes from. Thats what you are doing. Just because the yt series ignores it doesnt mean its righg.
>>
>>84416073
>>84416089
>>84416106

Haha, there's the logical fallacy thing again. You really believe that don't you?

At best you can call it a misnomer, but that's not a logical fallacy. Death Battle is a specific thing which may or may not be a battle. But the thread was whether or not X would win "death battle". Not "a fight".
>>
>>84416106
Ad hominem is attack the person rather than their actual argument. The series lost the argument when they failed to learnt he defintion of battle. Their status means nothing in an argument.
>>
>>84416114
Then this thread is a sham. DB are bs and I just told you why.
>>
>>84416106
>Ad hom js judging where info comes from
Ad hom is actually insulting the arguer instead of the argument.

>>84415739
>>84415810

>>84416132
It doesn't really matter if it's a sham or not. It's still a death battle thread that you've been arguing in for the past 10 hours.
>>
>>84416152
But what have I been arguing? The DB is not one. Answer this. How can it be a battle if not battle is happening?
>>
>>84416152
fallacy fallacy. All my points are valid
>>
>>84416163
>The DB is not this one
You're arguing everything except for the concept of this thread.

>Answer this. How can it be a battle if not battle is happening?
By being a death battle. How do you not get the concept? You keep being outraged by it. I figured you understood that by now. Maybe your aspergers isn't picking it up. But Death Battle is merely a title and does not have to reflect the words of it. Like how Daredevil does not play Truth or Dare, nor is he the Devil. He only dresses like one.
>>
>>84416208
>>
why?
>>
>>84416208
why do DB threads not have to follow the defintion? If no battle is happening, then how can it be called a battle?
>>
>>84416217
because hurr muh yt cant be wrong
>>
>>84416217
Why do DB threads have to follow the definition of "battle" instead of following the definition of "DB" in a DB thread?
>>
>>84416248
Because if it does not follow the definition of a battle, it is in fact not one.
>>
>>84405929
>I think in the comics it shows it better
>"FRACTAL GLOB JAKE!"
I'll take your word for it.
>>
>>84416256
Yeah, and as I've said earlier, Steven doesn't win a fight here. He wins a death battle. A contest. And this thread.
Thread posts: 653
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.