[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how did Marvel get Steve Harveys likeness for their comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 1468187592536.png (2MB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1468187592536.png
2MB, 1000x750px
>>
>>84402848
You funny, but Steve Harvey is a good dude. He's sexist and goes in on Atheist but he a good dude.
>>
>>84402958
Sexism is great
>>
File: potato-head-steve-harvey.jpg (51KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
potato-head-steve-harvey.jpg
51KB, 600x337px
>>84402848
Shit Steve Harvey Says
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az0BJRQ1cqM
>>
>>84403110
He ain't wrong though.
>>
>>84403110
wft i love black people now
>>
File: untitled.png (265KB, 523x364px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
265KB, 523x364px
>>84402983
>Sexism is great
>Sexism
>Great
>Implying
>>
>>84402958
>"Why we still got monkeys?"
-Steve Harvey on Evolution
>>
>>84403341
But it is.
>>
File: SxBIM2G.png (147KB, 616x498px) Image search: [Google]
SxBIM2G.png
147KB, 616x498px
>>84402958
He's honestly mostly famous for this right now though.

Until the feud happened he was just a relatively unintelligent/uniformed comedian who basically went like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L104LViQeIw
>>
>>84403341
Dobson triggers me.
>>
File: 1420174291408.gif (4MB, 138x105px) Image search: [Google]
1420174291408.gif
4MB, 138x105px
>>84402848
He's funny on family feud when he stares off with a blank expression whenever a white person says something. Hilarious.
>>
>>84403346
well, why DO we still got monkeys?
>>
>>84403529
That's like asking why we still have British people if we now have Americans.

Or why Jews still exist when Christians are a group (in before "lack of effort" from /pol/)

Splits don't destroy one group, and the split that created apes and monkeys was long ago.
>>
>>84403604
>in before "lack of effort" from /pol/

If you thought this then you are already one of us
>>
>>84403604
as always you're misunderstanding the premise. though so are they.
evolutionguys' view is that the apes we have now are about as close to the apes we evolved from as they are from a baboon. totally different group. when trying to link that group back in to the supposedly closely related chimpanzees they just kind of hem and haw a lot, because there's nothing even remotely similar to an inbetween with regards to the obvious factors of limb proportion and facial protrusion. ergo we DON'T "still have" those monkeys. they all died.
but the sensible thing to ask is: how the fuck are there selective pressures so fucking strong that they can turn apes into people, yet they've had no effect on the other apes? those fuckers are basically all going extinct, and were long before we started cutting their trees down. they're weak, shitty, useless animals whose only real advantages is being kind of clever and having grippy hands. whatever supposed universal natural forces were able to guide these into such a change should have.. yknow, done so.. more thoroughly and completely. If the entire rest of the hominid lineage was wiped out from competition, then why not the rest of apes? what spared the chimp that didn't spare the australopithecus or other made-up nonsense?
>>
>>84403680
...dude, I was simplifying it for an image board discussion about a black comedian (on the comics board?) in passing.

I don't do anything with it, but one of my majors was cell biology/evolution. Obviously they all died, and it was a common ancestor (not one of the existing ones we see now).

The answer to YOUR stupid question is that chance, location, varying selection factors, timing, different diets, behaviors and reproductive habits can easily cause different groups in a species/different species to react differently to external stimuli.

Also, a pointer... space your paragraphs so you don't look like the nut jobs on facebook who post about how evolution is taught by Satan (or whatever) in one solid block of text.

If you really don't get it, someone didn't teach you well or you plugged your ears. It's basically the foundation of biology, I even did a undergrad experiment where I turned yeast from single cellular to multi-cellular (which is a fucking big jump) with selection pressure.

It works.
>>
>>84403680
What essentially sparked the homonid drift off the other apes was a genetic defect on a gene that regulated the jaw muscles. That gene being defunct means human jaws are much weaker, but the skull changes its shape and allows for a larger brain.
So the selective pressure on the forming humans became much higher due to their higher energy consumption and weak jaws.
As it turned out, that expensive brain paid off well and compensated for the jaw by allowing the creation of tools, and in time civilisation.
Humanity is essentially a successful model that has spun out of control as far as evolution goes.
The other apes have developed less jarringly because their winning strategy (in evolution defined as successful reproduction, allowed through any and all means) has not changed as radically.
Crocodiles have not changed much for millions of years because their selective pressure favors the status quo.
Humans changed more and faster because their environment changes a lot as they can adapt for any climate, any circumstance through cultural and technological means.
Humans have spread very successfully and the different species probably ran into each other, so the ones who could compete better won out in the end.
Like one group of chimps would drive off or kill another, one kind of human will have won over another mostly by being cleverer, more numerous and better armed when competing for an area.
Out of this essentially evolutionary process grew humanity as we know it today, with Homo Sapiens Sapiens the sole victor, settler of all ecosystems, masters of the world.
>>
>>84403529
Think of it like this. Why do you still have your cousin, if you're still around?
>>
File: Untitled.png (94KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
94KB, 396x385px
>>84404391
Maybe I shouldn't...
>>
>>84404575
Why is the Grinch so mad?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.