[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was so great about him, again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

What was so great about him, again?
>>
No. NO. You will NOT take this away from me. You assholes have torn this movie apart, piece by piece, he's the only good part left. Just let me have this. JUST LET ME HAVE THIS ONE GOOD THING. FUCK YOU AND FUCK MOUSE SHILLS
>>
File: Alfred_Pennyworth.png (206KB, 484x700px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred_Pennyworth.png
206KB, 484x700px
>>84349613
This is Best Alfred.
The only Alfred worthing of licking his polished shoes is old Television Alfred.
The A-list attempts at casting Alfred have been terrible.
>>
>>84349613

Well, he was played by Jeremy Irons.

That tends to save any character.

Even that fucking terrible Dungeons and Dragons movie, Jeremy Irons as the evil wizard bad guy was the best part of the film, because he was chewing the scenery so hard they had to change sets.

He just has a terrific stage presence and a great voice, so he does a lot with even terrible direction and shitty lines.
>>
I haven't seen BvS, but I never get why Alfred's still alive in so many "Old Batman" stories

I think that's part of what kinda marks Dark Knight Returns as Miller's mid-life-crisis. Bruce Wayne still has a nanny looking after him and he's approaching sixty fucking years old. A nanny who is probably in his 80s at least.

I know people like to joke about Batman being developmentally arrested, but shit. Do you WANT the character to be that way? What kind of hero has an octogenarian taking care of him?
>>
>>84349710
Batfleck's about 5-10 years younger than DKR Bruce.
>>
>>84349710
Alfred was his father's head of staff even before Bruce was born, there's zero chance he was some 20 yr old kid at the time.
>>
his speech on Bruce's powerlessness is one of the better parts of the movie and underlines the entire problem with the movie.
>>
>>84349613
I have no clue, I hated this Alfred
>>
>>84349613
he was cool beans.
Bone dry, sharp and precise.
And with a softly spoken snarky remark here and there.
I liked him.
>>
>>84349774
>and underlines the entire problem with the movie
That would be the credit bar with Snyder as Director and Goyer given writing credits.
>>
File: EP01_-_Majo.png (159KB, 328x240px) Image search: [Google]
EP01_-_Majo.png
159KB, 328x240px
>>84349613
>OP's favorite cape doesn't have a butler
Working class.
>>
>>84349804
>>84349774
>Batman sucks cuz no powers
When did /tv/ become Syria?
>>
>>84349613
He was patient, concerned, dedicated and involved, yet spoke up when he needed to and could communicate his concerns succinctly, Bruce was stubborn so he didn't hear a word but that's not really Alfred's fault.

The other Alfreds always felt a little too background and reserved in what they said or did.
>>
>>84349650
>The only Alfred worthing of licking his polished shoes is old Television Alfred
And he's only worthy of licking Injustice Alfreds shoes
>>
>>84349650
What do you think of Gotham's Alfred?
>>
>>84349831
what?
>>
>>84349650
>>84350017
He is the best Alfred
>>
I liked the way he called Bruce "sir" yet Bruce made him coffee when he got in. Really drove home that their relationship is a friendship grown out of Alfred being his guardian/butler
>>
>>84349710

You make it sound like Alfred is wiping his ass. He's his butler and partner, he's not his caretaker.
>>
>>84349613
Closest i have seen to TAS Alfred and his interaction with Batfleck were great.
>>
>>84351911
I liked that as well.
>>
I liked how he felt like an old queen fussing over his slob friend who he just wanted to play matchmaker with and clean him up. He just wants Bruce to get married. Its cute.
>>
>>84349613
He was awesome same goes for Perry Black. Every character interaction in this movie was fantastic. It was literally like in muh comics.
>>
File: aXXADND_700b.jpg (28KB, 421x579px) Image search: [Google]
aXXADND_700b.jpg
28KB, 421x579px
British Tony Stark
>>
File: Mulhern-.png (153KB, 251x289px) Image search: [Google]
Mulhern-.png
153KB, 251x289px
>>84356946
OOOOOOH SHEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIT
>>
>>84353655
>He's his butler and partner

...in bed?
>>
>>84350017
World's Most Punchable Face Award recipient 10 years in a row
>>
>>84349613
he looks like robert downey jr
>>
File: Pertwee Jr checks.png (231KB, 642x362px) Image search: [Google]
Pertwee Jr checks.png
231KB, 642x362px
>>84357941
Talk shit, get hit, MOORSTAH BROOSE!
>>
>>84359396
>That time he backhanded Selina
His butlering meter is charging
>>
File: Selina gets SPLONKED.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Selina gets SPLONKED.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>84359471
SPLONK
>>
>>84359564
Post the bum fight!
>>
>>84359564
truly he stands among the greatest butlers
>>
>>84359564
Just started watching Gotham. Alfred is based.
>>
>>84349639
Anon, it's like this: even if you eat garbage every night, and one night you're out eating garbage and there's like an unopened pizza box with everything - everything - that you personally would want, and it's in the garbage and nobody else in the world but you would want it, and you eat it and it's as fresh and great as if you'd ordered a pizza for yourself instead of eating garbage...

...you're still eating garbage.
>>
As a brit, it amazes me how many of you burgers will raise up one of our actors just because of their accent
>>
File: 2905943-grant_morrison.jpg (31KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
2905943-grant_morrison.jpg
31KB, 460x460px
>>84353655
>Who wipes Batman's ass?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.