[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I start with Disney?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: waltdisney.jpg (21KB, 374x248px) Image search: [Google]
waltdisney.jpg
21KB, 374x248px
I want to get the full Disney experience, what are some shows I can watch?
>>
That PBS documentary about him from last year is a good start.
>>
>>84344226
I didn't necessarily mean things about Walt Disney himself but I'll check it out
>>
>>84344203
>Where do I start with Disney?
>Start
Welcome to Earth, bizarre space alien who knows english but hasnt seen any Disney.
>>
>>84344446
Well I mean I've seen bits here and there but I've never gone out of my way to see ALL of it and it's not like the early mickey mouse shorts and whatnot are full length series.
>>
what exactly are you looking for OP? Mickey Mouse shorts? Classic Disney in general? Underground/forgotten stuff? Disney did a lot of a shit so a non specific "must watch" list would be too big
>>
>>84344496
Just pick something and watch it you brain dead idiot
>>
>>84344527
I'm mainly looking for the highlights, what are the things I 100% should watch at least once in my lifetime. It doesn't matter the time period, I just want the best and most important shows/shorts/movies to watch.
>>
>>84344575
Some day I want to go through all of the WDAS films in order.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Walt_Disney_Animation_Studios_films#Films
Those are the films by the main studio. None of the straight-to-VHS crap. That's the Disney Canon that everyone is or should be aware of. If you want a more condense list then I'm sure someone here can post a list of the best films.

For their classic short films, I don't know. There's some good stuff there, but I don't know of what to recommend. If you want a random sampling then you can find quite a few of them on youtube.
>>
>>84344575
Laugh-O-Grams?
Alice Comedies?
Oswald?
>>
>>84344754
Anything.
>>
>>84344743
Many thanks anon
>>
>>84344203
waking beauty or w/e it's called is a documentary we saw in animation school

the classic films are all worth a watch

the merry melodies shorts are also good. the one with charlie chaplin and other comedy actors playing a game is notable iirc

there's honestly a lot of stuff but you can't go wrong with the classic films and merry melodies
>>
Dude its fucking disney. Just literally pick any movie/t.v show and you'll understand everything about them.

if you really want to start somewhere tho, watch the old movies 1st.
>>
>>84344226
A lot of disney animators, one who even worked and knew Walt, have said that PBS documentary was a disgusting and inaccurate show of who he was.
>>
File: xkcd_citation_needed_edit.jpg (11KB, 271x271px) Image search: [Google]
xkcd_citation_needed_edit.jpg
11KB, 271x271px
>>84345731
Out of sheer curiosity, do you have anything to back that up? What exactly was wrong with it?
>>
Fantasia
>>
>>84345731
The one doc that doesn't kiss his ass and suddenly it's inaccurate?

On that note, how does Walt Before Mickey fair?
>>
>>84344203
Just watch classic Donald Duck shorts. Only real Disney stuff I really care for.
>>
Read some Carl Barks comics.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.