[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Power Man and Iron Fist Storytime (Part 15)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 93

>>83891300
>>83919389
>>83971653
>>83999895
>>84021291
>>84063631
>>84111433
>>84134128
>>84159189
>>84181076
>>84223999
>>84266196
>>84290699

Welcome back, Anons! And who's this fucker?
>>
So nobody reacted, so I'll mention it one more time. We've got around 700 comics to finish before we're done.
>>
And suddenly, the Heroes for Hire are stealing Batman villains.
>>
>>84319206
The last issue you ran yesterday had a lot of high quality wide shots, like that panel where they were boarding the helicopter.

>And who's this fucker?
Noclops?
>>
>>84319372
I think the Major Bat-arsonist at this point was still Firebug.
>>
>>
>>84319332

no one will blame you for dropping Bendis
>>
>>84319410
My knowledge of Batman is limited to the Morrison run, that Neal Adams Omnibus on my shelf, and the various cartoons. I'll probably go on a Batman marathon eventually, but it's a low priority because it mixes with other Batman books and that's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>84319384
Apparently it's Crime-Buster. Busiek came back just in time to prove that he could make a villain with a name even lamer than "Doombringer".
>>
>>84319434
As much as I want to, I already feel bad for pussying out of looking for Genis-Vell's "Legacy" appearances when I did him at the beginning of the year. If we skip Bendis, that means we're going from the 90's Heroes for Hire series to Ewing's Mighty Avengers. For better or worse (and it's obvious which), Bendis is responsible for most of modern Cage.
>>
That's kind of a weird mask.
>>
File: 0000.jpg (919KB, 1280x1973px) Image search: [Google]
0000.jpg
919KB, 1280x1973px
>>84319509
Crime-Buster is actually a reused name. The original was a supporting character from the first run of Nova.
>>
And suddenly a random Dick Rider cameo.
>>
>>84319332
Even if you averaged two issues a night you'd still finish it in less than a year, and I don't anticipate getting a life anytime soon.
>>
And here's Danny, doing the best he can to look like what he thinks a rich white guy looks like.
>>
>>84319332
>We've got around 700 comics to finish before we're done.

I'm okay with that.
>>
>>84319612
That is some serious Kirbyface.
>>
>>84319630
30 seconds before the book points it out too. Did Busiek write him, or did he just go continuity diving again?
>>
>>84319666
I actually try three to four. If i know I have the day off the next day, I'm thinking of going to 5-6.

>I don't anticipate getting a life anytime soon.
And lucky for you, neither do I!
>>
And apparently DW's single again.
>>
>Danny sees a presumably beautiful woman in a dress
>Only thought is how Misty would look in it
>>
>>84319708
Danny is too pure for this world.
>>
>>84319708
I'm pretty sure Marv Wolfman wrote the whole Nova v.1.
Busiek was either a fan or friends with him I guess.
>>
>>84319773
He really is.
>>
I'm going to have to crop out that last panel.
>>
>>84319799
What the hell is DW wearing?
>>
>>84319782
I vaguely remember hearing that, when Blade came out, Wolfman tried suing Marvel for rights to the characters he created for Marvel. As we know, he lost. Just imagine if he won, for a moment.
>>
>>84319855
He heard what we were hearing about Kirbyface,, so he decided to dress like one of the Eternals.
Yeah, DW heard us from 30 years in the past.
>>
>>84319872
Hey, Jean DeWolff is still alive!
>>
>"Star of the highest? That doesn't sound like a boxer!"

No Danny. No it does not.
>>
God damn it, its these Halwani fuckers again?!
>>
>Crime-buster sees a bomb, and runs like a coward
>Luke and Danny see it, and immediately think of how to stop it

That's what makes them HEROES For Hire.
>>
>>84319872
Not the right one but Hey, this works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRwkcV1VL7k
>>
>>84319898
I'm actually surprised Slott isn't trying to bring HER back during his nonsense event. I always liked her way more than Gwen friggen Stacy.
>>
And now we have a rare sight in these early days. A HAPPY and SMILING Luke Cage.

And Jeryn is still being a curmudgeon.
>>
>>84319991
>I always liked her way more than Gwen friggen Stacy.

Well, Gwen Stacy is more Jackal-relevant, because he was way into forcing his grad students to love him.

But fuck Slott. He abandoned competence to write Spider-Man.
>>
>>84319970
I really should watch that cartoon again, now that I actually know shit about the books.
>>
Okay, there's probably people who know more about comics than me.
What the fuck are these titles down there?
"Breakdowns" and "Finishes"? Is that 80's for "Artist" and "Inker"?
>>
Yet another example of how shady Jeryn is, even though this doesn't look at all like Jeryn. Too skinny.
>>
>>84320037
I remember liking his Mighty Avengers, and even his She-Hulk. It's a shame looking at what he became.
>>
>>84320072
Pencils and Inks, yeah, mostly.
Might be a bit sketchier pencils, with the inker filling in more than usual though.

Like, sometimes you even get Breakdowns, Pencils, and Inks, if you have someone like storyboarding the book.
>>
So either this guy is drunk, or he's got balls of fucking Uru to think he can take Iron Fist in a fight.
>>
>Bonnie almost shouts a warning to the hero for hire, but decides to see what happens
Wow, bitch.
>>
Wasn't this guy obsessed with Janet Van Dyne? Why's he dealing with this woman for?
>>
>"Danny deserves a nice, soft job."
>He says, while Danny's fighting a friggen Avengers villain.
>>
>>84320284
Because he's a total creep, regardless of what girl he's bothering?

Also, Danny is faster than Super-speed. That roundhouse kick would have worked the same as his spinning.
>>
>>
>>84320347
Turns out he isn't, but here's what he CAN do.
>>
YOU BITCH
>>
>"It offends my sense of order."

That's an interesting way of wording it...
>>
Huh, I guess we know why Luke dates her...
>>
>>84319991
Gwen Stacy has more name recognition, so she gets the shilling regardless if there are other characters that have much more wasted potential.
>>
Well, at least Danny's learned how to deal with these guys.
>>
>>84320030
He really likes Madison Square Garden.
>>
>>84320108
Liposuction was a thing back then, right?
>>
>>84320432
Sadly true. It's a bummer too, since she really does have so much potential.
>>
>>84320449
Is that just a Black/New York thing, or is it a personal quirk for Luke that never came up before or sense?
>>
>>84320415
Those are some awfully kissable looking lips in panel 5.

Did he borrow some lip gloss at the reunion?
>>
>Local superhero stalks young boy
>>
>>84320422
I figured he went out with her because she was completely different from the woman he just broke up with.
>>
Is it wrong that the old weeb in me had to stuggle to not make a Naruto reference here?
>>
>>84320556
Gai was great, I don't care what anyone says.
>>
Marvel Civilians, they'll protect villains, but if you're a superhero you can fuck right off.
>>
>>
>>
This is the man that has invaded Latveria to pick a fight with Doctor Doom, personally fought the Devil, and that's just in HIS series.
These guys know just how fucked they are.
>>
Aw, sad Danny...
>>
Oh, and I forgot to mention, but notice how he flipped that damn car with one hand >>84320644. Yet another example of Luke's progressive power creep.
>>
Although here he is having trouble with a truck.
>>
>>84320699
I'm bowing out here for tonight.

That car WAS up on blocks though. It may well have not had an engine, and the engine is most of the weight of a car.
>>
>>84320730
Huh, did not know that. I thought it was the steel frame that made it weigh so much. Then again, I know about as much about cars as I do about Batman.
>>
Just in case you thought the cops were any better than the Civilians, here they are, proving that they aren't.
>>
You live in the Marvel Universe, wouldn't you change your name from Zeno as soon as possible? That's like having the name Bitler in real life. There's a real person with a name really similiar to yours, who is responsible for a lot of shit you may not want to be associated with..
>>
You just know Luke is figuring out how he can make Danny's life shit for the next week now.
>>
>>
>>
Okay, I'm getting kind of tired, so I think we'll finish with this issue. That sound good, Anons?
>>
>>84320853
That's his first name, and Zemo is not a household name like Hitler.
>>
>>84320935
Even in-universe? Or am I blinded by my love of pre-Ellis Thunderbolts?
>>
Speaking of Thunderbolts, yes, we ARE doing Parkerbolts, when Luke Cage is running the new Thunderbolts team.
>>
>>84319332
A year and nine months of Storytelling.

Nobody said this would be easy.
>>
>>84320986
X-Anon, that absolute madman, is still around. I have no right to complain when that nutter is doing ALL of X-Men. I'm just letting YOU guys know how much we have left.
>>
>>84320965
Even in-universe. He's mostly a Cap villain, man.
>>
>>84320986
Only if he posts like one issue a night. Assuming he averages 4 issues a night, he should be done in 4 months.
>>
>>84321024
Didn't he blow up Avengers Mansion, or at least storm the place? I'd think that should make you a bit of a big deal.
>>
Hey, you got your horror movie in my superhero comic!
>>
>>
And suddenly, robot.
>>
>>
Luke clearly has no patience for that "Follow the left hand wall" nonsense.
>>
>the villain bursts out from a cake

The fuck?!
>>
This is really fucked up.
>>
This is like some backwards Scooby Doo episode.
>>
>>
>>84321044
So did the Revengers, and who gives a fuck about them?
>>
Well, I guess they don't care THAT much about that family heirlom.
>>
You know what? Fuck it, one more!
>>
>>84321214
Okay, fair point.
>>
Is... is this a thing that people can do?
>>
Fucking hell, listen to this asshole.
>>
>>84321281
Luke seems to be folding the pizza a bit, making it easier to cram in his mouth.
>>
>those editor notes
Is this a thing that people didn't know?
>>
Fucking hell, he looks like an uglier Deadpool!
>>
>>
>>84321322
That was pretty common parlance even in the 70's, I can't help but think they're being tongue in cheek.
>>
>>84321343
It's one of those things where it was before my time so I can't tell if it's a joke or serious. When we get to the '90's, I won't be asking these questions.
>>
>>
Firebolt. Real original, guy...
>>
>"I AM A FUN GUY!!"

A sentence not said by fun people.
>>
It's like, the longer this goes on, the uglier he gets.
>>
You ever get hurt your head so hard you can't form words?
>>
>>
>>
>>84321407
How many old movie references can he make?
>>
>>84321444
I'd be interested in knowing this too, I can't catch most of them.
>>
>>
>>
This is a weird ass origin story
>>
>>84321407
Well the STELLA is obviously a reference to A Streetcar Named Desire, and "thief in the night" on >>84321429 might be a reference to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Thief_in_the_Night_(film)
>>
>>84321503
I remember reading Streetcar Names Desire in high school, I just couldn't remember the name.
>>
>"CAGE IS COMIN' THROUGH!"
>>
When Luke "Invulnerable Skin" Cage feels a strong attack, that's a big damn deal.
>>
>>84321502
Well, it is about the time when there was a growth in fundamentalist Christianity and the Satanic cult scare, and Firestarter had just came out.
>>
And here we go, the story of yet another future-seeing character who should make Civil War II redundant, but is conveniently forgotten about.
>>
>>84321553
Is he seriously quoting the fucking Mickey Mouse Club March?
>>
And that's it for tonight, Anons. See you tomorrow night for the official start of Christopher Priest's run on Power Man and Iron Fist.
As well as the appearance of a character with a very familiar name...
>>
bumpo
>>
>>84322620
>>
>>84320030
I think Crimebuster II would make for a good Thunderbolt recruit.
>>
>>84320108
He kind of looks like Jim Steranko here.
>>
>>84321281
New York style Pizza, OP. The less said, the better.
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.