[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the purpose of the Phoenix Egg?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 4302432-phoenixeggfuture.jpg (197KB, 510x870px) Image search: [Google]
4302432-phoenixeggfuture.jpg
197KB, 510x870px
What was the purpose of the Phoenix Egg?
>>
>>84285026

Secret Wars
>>
Hackman wanted a Phoenix so he could show you how awesome Doom is in his Doomwank.
>>
>>84285026
Be shat by Bendis
>>
>>84285066
Stay mad, mutiescum.
>>
>>84285238
Cyclops's role in Secret Wars:
>becomes Phoenix again
>gets his neck snapped by Doom
>people in denial keep thinking he'll be reborn like a Phoenix should but it never happens
His only purpose in the story was to show off how powerful Doom was.
>>
>>84285026
To hatch
>>
>>84285293
>>84285066
>Reed becomes a god in the end and brings everyone back to life and fixes them, even evil guys like Doom and The Maker
>leaves Cyclops dead because lol fuck muties

will never not be funny to me
>>
>>84285364
Is this seriously how it has played out? I dropped Marvel and missed SW.
>>
>>84285437
No, Cyclops died in the post secret wars time skip so he was alive for a while after secret wars.
>>
>>84285364
Scott died off during the 8 month timeskip after Secret Wars.
Shen things reset he was floating in the middle of NYC and bonded with the Phoenix. Considering that AvX happened 8+ months before Secret Wars started, he probably would've been attacked immediately.
>>
>>84285026
when this happen?
>>
>>84285571
Avengers
Here Comes Tomorrow
Avengers
>>
>>84285293
>His only purpose in the story was to show off how powerful Doom was.
You can say this about literally anyone in Secret Wars, you're just being a pissbaby x-fag.
>>
>>84285825
yeah but literally no one else was bonded to a flaming cosmic resurrection bird.
>>
>>84285825
Other characters in the story did other things than get killed by Doom.
>>
>>84285825
Phoenix is a force of cosmic destruction and rebirth. Out of everybody on that lifeboat, Cyclops was the best equipped to save the day. He was included to invoke the Worf Effect.

At least Thanos got to bring down the wall before he died.
>>
>>84285364
>also leaves Wolverine dead
>Jean is also still dead
it gets even funnier because he took the boher of resurrecting all those criminals the Punisher killed as well.

On Reed's mind sadistic criminals like Osbourne are more important to the world tan the mutie leaders.
>>
>>84285825
it was a shit story

terrax was only there to be step on by Galactus

corvus and maxima were captured by apocalypse and his horsemen off panel

maximus did some irrelevant shit

carol did some irrelevant shit with sinister, I guess those characters had to be there to push inhumans and Captain Marvel

Black Swan was irrelevant, so was Starlord, who was there only because of the movie

Secret Wars was a small Fantastic 4 story with a lot of irrelevant guest characters and Hickman Donut Steels.
>>
>>84286194
He only reset things so the final incursion didn't happen.
Cyclops was alive but died during the timeskip, supposedly did something that made him worse than hitler
Wolverine was dead so he stayed dead
Jean can come back anytime she wants but chooses not to
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.