[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a comic book adaption exist /co/? I could see it happen if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1454455443467.jpg (202KB, 500x663px) Image search: [Google]
1454455443467.jpg
202KB, 500x663px
Can a comic book adaption exist /co/? I could see it happen if they made it non-canon and inconsistent with it's own canon so Hammer and Publick wouldn't have to fret about the comic destroying the show's canon.
>>
>>84200492
no
>>
>>84200492
No I doubt they'd want it to be noncanon, they love their baby so even if they could be free of the whole "stepping on canonic toes" they'd want it to be the same quality they strive for.
Ultimately it just wouldn't be the same, there's a lot of jokes that rely on delivery and timing and that can't be worked into print.
Though if the worst ever happens and it's cancelled, I'd be cool with it going into comics.
It'd probably get released like once a year though.
>>
Fun fact: Venture Brothers was originally supposed to be a comic.

Toyfare published some of the art from the planned first issue, which contained a MASSIVE reveal for two of the main mysteries of the series (the fate of Dean and Hank's mom; who died from a jungle plague when the two were infants, and the genesis of the cloning tech, as far as Rusty creating it to fulfill his wife's deathbed final wish that he protect the boys no matter what).
>>
>>84203550
That actually sounds pretty neat. Does anyone have a copy of that particular issue?
>>
>>84200492
Am i the only person who is super excited by the fact the the Blue Morpho's lair has THREE costume pods and is willing to wait years to see that Dr Misses The Monarch's vigilante outfit looks like?

Also i can't wait to see him clash with the Guild and call up RED DEATH, RED FUCKING DEATH as back up.

Not like he has a choice other than to back The Monarch since Gary used his prison monitoring system to record Red Death killing a Guild Sanctioned villain and conspiring with the Blue Morpho and Kano who never took off their masks
>>
Why was this season cut so short? There wasn't even a proper finale
>>
>>84205110
But then Red Death could just out their identities. He's Red fucking Death, its not like the Guild wouldn't believe him.
>>
>>84207097
And even so he's Red Death.
His professionalism is purely of his own volition because it allows him to maintain a comfortable lifestyle. If push came to shove he seems like he could end the Guild. Or at the very least make it never worth getting into a fight with him.
>>
>>84205110
Excited? Yes.
Willing to wait years? No.
Seriously they're 13-ep seasons. There's no reason they should be able to do one a year.
>>
>>84205110
You know what would be a good idea? Let's blackmail RED FUCKING DEATH! There's no WAY that could end horribly!
>>
>>84207162
But he's already done that, years ago.

Nobody in their right mind picks a fight with Red Death. Probably a lot of people who aren't in their right minds wouldn't either because he's pretty impressive.

I mean, the potential is readily apparent to people who know anything at all about him. Yeah, he's professional, and he'll keep it Marquis of Queensbury, but if he really hates you or you over escalate, people know what he did to his most hated rival. And his entire family. He salted the fucking earth after he was done, more or less.

You WANT him playing by the rules.

I think he also probably has legit respect from a lot of Guild members. I can imagine a lot of them outright worship the guy and look up to him. Like how people like Doctor Z and really appreciate his craftsmanship and well, professionalism as a villain. It would simply be unthinkable for a lot of them to turn on him or cause him trouble. If it came to siding with him or the Guild leadership, he'd possibly get a fair amount of support.

Like, Phantom Limb. He's a fucking dick. That whale dude is too. If it came down to them trying to have him killed by a guild member or team, they might actually not do it, or have misgivings.

Red Death is actually likable, for instance. Also terrifying. Yeah, Phantom Limb can electrocute you to death, Red Death has a flying horse and has a killer scythe that shoots death beams.
>>
>>84208627
>There'll never be a small scene where Red Death and his Wife have dinner at Dr. Z's with his family.
>They have an after dinner coffee while the kids play in the other room
>>
>>84207075
All this and Gargantua ll was tacked on the season.
>>
>>84207178
>Seriously they're 13-ep seasons. There's no reason they should be able to do one a year.

10 now, if you count the specials. 8 if you don't. And there is a reason. 1: the writing process, which is done entirely by Doc and Jackson. 2: small amount of staff. They do what they can with what they have. And with what they have takes two fucking years of work to produce. 3: is [AS] not funding them better to get more people, and thus get a season out much faster.

>>84207075
>>84208707

They're condensing their seasons now because they got tired of the 13 episode format. So now they're doing like 8 per season. What would've went into those extra 5 episodes is now being used to make the remaining 8 better. It's a quality over quantity approach.

As to why there was no proper ending.. That's because Doc and Jackson still haven't worked it out quite yet. Hopefully season 7 will deliver.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.