[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While I am more than okay with this happening due to it being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Lex Rebirth.jpg (6KB, 108x144px) Image search: [Google]
Lex Rebirth.jpg
6KB, 108x144px
While I am more than okay with this happening due to it being a great way to mix the status quo up a fair bit... When I try to explain how devious it is to my boyfriend (who is quite new to comics) he defends the actions of Luthor vehemently.

Is this a common opinion amongst people who have only known his current continuity?

I have tried to show him some interesting reads about Supes i.e. Red Son, Morrison's JLA, Kingdom Come and All-Star Superman but he hasn't finished the last two out of hating Messiah complex.

tl;dr How can adults who didn't look up to Superman learn to see his benevolence for what it is and not see Lex's flaws as too great to live up to the shield? Preferably examples from this continuity.
>>
>>84136101
Wait, Lex Luthor is the new Atom?
>>
>>84136101
We're all flawed, anon. Even and especially Superscout.

What's important is the ideal. The symbol inspires Lex to be the best possible Lex he can be, even with his egomaniacal flaws.

No, he won't be Supes and yes, he will stumble and maybe fall, but the important part is that he's trying.
>>
>>84136204
New Superman along with the old Superman while the old but newer Superman died apparently
>>
When Lex inevitably goes evil like he always does your normie bf will understand. You don't really need to prove him wrong.

But Jurgens is bad anyway. At least have him read Cornell's Black Ring arc
>>
>>84136101
>Boyfriend

>>>/out/
>>
>>84136101
Lex is either saving up his crazy and is going to snap when Superman comes back or WB is trying to build of their villain brands. Probably a bit of both.

But yeah, Luthor is fucking evil and only retards in DC groups on Facebook actually think he's a good guy.
>>
>>84136413
He is a good guy. Superman is a complete dick who squanders his powers in useless ways just to feed his own ego.
>>
>>84136442
>He is a good guy.
Tell that to Atomica.
>>
>>84136442
>Lex is good
weak bait
>>
>>84136442
Good intentions don't make you a good guy.
>>
>>84136101
I do like that this Lex is seeming to do what the old Lex couldn't and actually try to be a hero and improve people's lives. Move on to do some good
>>
>>84136101
Fag
>>
>>84136101

Have him read these as for part 1 of your ask:

Superman - Secret Identity 01 (of 04) (2004) (Digital-HR) (Minutemen-PhD)
http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/U6LCF2KI/file.html

Superman - Secret Identity 02 (of 04) (2004) (Digital-HR) (Minutemen-PhD)
http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/fcyBpvy3/file.html

Superman - Secret Identity 03 (of 04) (2004) (Digital-HR) (Minutemen-PhD)
http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/ONS8oJWH/file.html

Superman - Secret Identity 04 (of 04) (2004) (Digital-HR) (Minutemen-PhD)
http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/JiwrQhAV/file.html

As for part 2, AFTER he reads those, just fire up your Roku/Apple TV or whatever you use, fire up the search engine for You Tube and insert "Lex Luthor" (with "DCAU" or "SMALLVILLE" if you don't like your initial results) and just have him watch some of those highlight clips, and then patiently explain to him that the Luthor in those clips is essentially the mean/average for 75 years.
>>
>>84137885
Good advice. Thanks.
>>
File: 1401316670378.png (204KB, 404x326px) Image search: [Google]
1401316670378.png
204KB, 404x326px
>>84136204
>>
>>84136101

I haven;t read a lot of DC stuff outside of batman and GL or just funny stuff, otherwise I usually I usually stick to marvel

but uh, why do people think lex is a good guy?
>>
>>84136255
>The Joke
>
>
>
>
>Your head
>>
>>84137885
DCAU and Smallville really had the GOAT Luthors huh?
>>
>>84136413
If you're being a hero, and your motivation is purely spite, does that mean you're not a good guy? Especially if he doesn't go the route of SpOck and doesn't torture or go full big brother, but his motivation is still "Fuck that alien, I'll be a better Superman than he ever could."?
>>
>>84136101
>how devious it is
But it isn't.
>>
>>84138216
>your motivation is purely spite
Well that's not the case here.
>>
>>84138307
It's Lex Luthor, and he's wearing Superman's symbol on his chest, and a red cape. I don't believe he isn't doing this shit on purpose.
>>
>>84138331
Well you'd be right. He's not doing it by accident.
>>
File: 09-06-2013-021110PM.jpg (141KB, 580x759px) Image search: [Google]
09-06-2013-021110PM.jpg
141KB, 580x759px
>>84136463
Atomica deserved that, she's a villain. But Ted Kord's dad on the other hand...
>>
>>84136101
So how many Supermen does this make overall?
>>
>>84136101
People keep forgetting superman ATTACKED first and this is pre-Flashpoint superman who should KNOW better especially after public enemy. you fags kept saying new 52 superman is an ass or he answers everything with violence but now your superman does what you claimed new superman did you fags defend it to death.
>>
Ur bf is a major wanker
>>
>>84136101
Where were you when lex luthor got trunks and pre52 superman had tehm taken away
>>
In one simple sentence, explain the state of current Superman, taking into account how he fits into continuity and what his objective is
>>
>>84138523
>Old Superman
>Lex Superman
>Lois Superman
>Chinese Superman
>maybe Lana Superman
>do you count Kara?

>>84142002
New Superman died and a bunch of other people are trying to save the day while he's gone; some of them got his powers.
>>
>>84142053
You didn't explain why he's new or how he died
>>
>>84142108
you don't need to know that to understand the current status quo
>>
It's only though aspiration that we overcome our baser nature. Yes. Lex is evil. So are we.
>>
>>84136101
Superman is a flat out boring character. Some people just don't like watching an omnipotent being try to not act omnipotent. Some people just don't like Superman.

Deal with it.
>>
@84142227
>he's going all out dot jay pee gee
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.