[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Samurai Jack thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (20KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 300x168px
In anticipation for season 5, let's
discuss one of the best cartoons of all time.
>>
>>84103102
:(
>>
Is all of it on Netflix? As a kid, I only watched it when it was on but now I'm interested in watching more
>>
>>84104935
Last time I checked, only season 2 was on the American Netflix, but that was a while ago, do they might have added more.
>>
>>84103102
This is one of those shows that I knew about when I was younger, but never managed to catch when it was on. Since I've heard nothing but praise for the show on here, I decided to give it a go. I finished up the second season yesterday, and I gotta say, it's lived up to the hype. The show's style is incredible, and perfectly complements the visual storytelling used. Favorite episode so far has to be either the one where the Scotsman is introduced, or the one where Jack's clothes are stolen.
>>
File: 1240393095655.jpg (78KB, 639x595px) Image search: [Google]
1240393095655.jpg
78KB, 639x595px
>tfw no SJ game where you travel the world and save people then confronting aku with the people you saved over the game
>>
>>84104935
It's on Hulu
>>
>>84105041
Are there any good Samurai Jack games?
>>
>>84105121
Does the flash games count?
>>
>>84105121
This. Is the console game any good?
>>
>>84103102
>It's also getting a TV-MA rating

I'm so fucking ready
>>
>>84106465
No.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajS94fJc2pg
>>
MY DICK IS DIAMONDS
>>
>>84104983
Actually, Samurai Jack is gone from Netflix along with any CN show that isn't classic PPG, Courage, Chowder, or Uncle Grandpa (not counting acquisitions that ran on CN).
>>
>>84104935
Just pirate it.
>>
>>84107967
This is either going to be the best cartoon of this age or the worst shitstorm of recent times.
>>
Im told theres only 10 episodes, is that true? Seems kind of short for a season, usually 12-14 IIRC. Is this just a conclusion or are they thinking of ongoing again?
>>
>>84108173
It's being written as a 5 hour film split into half-hour segments, with the intention of ending the story.
>>
I'm a quarter of the way through Season 2 right now.

To be honest, I don't like it that much. The great episodes are pretty good but other than that it's way too boring at times. But I want to prepare for the release of the new Samurai Jack regardless.

Which episodes contribute heavily to plot development in seasons two and three?
>>
>>84108217
Fuck off, the down-time with no speech dialogue between the action is one of the great things about this series.
>>
>>84108205
Well I suppose its for the best. Id hate for it to get stale, so Im all for a 5 hour finale. If we dont get the Scotsman Im going to be pissed.
>>
>>84108170
they said they're closing it with 1 season

https://www.reddit.com/r/samuraijack/comments/430t9j/the_samurai_jack_team_responds/czg7tz5?context=10000

>oh no reddit

fuck off, they did a Q&A a while back on there

>2) How much of the recent IDW comic run do you guys consider canon?

The IDW comics are NOT canon! They are completely separate from the animated series.
>>
>>84108217
The Birth of Evil and The Traveling Beasts are the only real ones that have any plot importance the rest is quality filler that occasionally adds to the lore but most of the time is just fun or a visual feast to the eyes
>>
>>84108306
Thank you
>>84108264
waaaaaah waaaaaaaaah
>>
>>84108283
Are the samurai jack classics comics worth reading?
>>
>>84104935
Watch it here if you want all of it, for free, and disregard that the site calls it an anime.
http://m.watchcartoononline.com/anime/samurai-jack
>>
>>84108333
You should also watch the scotsman episodes.
>>
>>84107967
What do you think they're going to do for Aku's voice?
>>
>>84108602
>inb4 aku is silent
>>
So does the new season have an air date yet?
>>
>>84108852
late this year or late next year
>>
>>84108602
>Mako's understudy
He did a passable Iroh so there is hope.
>>
>>84108581
I've only seen the one, are there more?
>>
>>84109097
Jack meets the scotsman

Jack helps the scotsman rescue his wife

Scotsman rescues jack
>>
>>84107967
I'm hoping to see some more jack-vs-bounty-hunters-tier stuff
>>
It would be nice for Jack to actually meet a good woman in the future that he could be at least friends with. The guy kind of deserves it at this point I think.
>>
I THOUGHT THE COMIC WAS THE LAST SEASON, THEY FUCKING SAID IT. FUCK THIS BULLSHIT
>>
>>84112425
The comic isn't canon. Also they never said the comic was the last season.
>>
>>84103102
>10 episodes
>edgy gore because they can
>last ditch effort to save a dying Toonami

It's shit, a conclusion is appreciated but it will be shit
>>
>>84109018
I wonder how Mako feels about inheriting the voice of one of the greatest villians to ever bless CN for however many episodes they decide to put Aku in this season.

The guy must be feeling the pressure right about now. Those were some big shoes.
>>
When is it gonna air anyways?
>>
>>84112605
From what I have gathered from the Toonami threads, there are 2 options. At the moment, it is still holding to its 2016 premiere promise
Option 1
>Samurai Champloo ends in the next few weeks
>it gets replaced by a one cour anime, and Jack replaces that in October-November
Or option 2
>Champloo is replaced by a regular 2 cour anime
>Parasyte is ending in October and it replaces that

Either option, the entire block shifts down 30 minutes so Jack premieres in slot 1 at 11:30. I guess the Champloo replacement gets announced this week sometime so we should know by then.
>>
>>84112709
>11:30

Yea right, with the ratings Toonami is pulling right now it will be back to midnight in a few weeks
>>
>>84112969
I think they just need better programing, re runs of KAI don't cut it anymore
>>
>>84113142
You are right, but it's too late for that now.
>>
>Final episode
>Jack beats Guardian
>Cut to end if episode 1
>Jack's first battle with Aku
>Aku tears open a portal in time and flings Jack into the future
>A second portal opens behind Aku
>He turns around
>Future Jack comes flying out to deliver the final swing seconds after the first
>>
>>84103102
>one of the best cartoons of all time

With each and every thread you make like this, people here are going to hate it more and more. It's the nature of /co/.
>>
>>84108283
>closing it with 1 season
better late than never, right? At least the series can have a full disclosure.
>>
>>84108544
yes and no. yes because they're worth reading no because they aren't classics that are canon
>>
>>84113574
Fuck you
>>
>>84108173
Ten eps is essentially the norm for a lot of CN's original Adult Swim programming. Black Jesus, Rick & Morty, Mr. Pickles, etc.
>>
>>84105133
I remember that one flash game on the CN website being awesome.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.