[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creator archetypes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: Creators.jpg (683KB, 1660x2061px) Image search: [Google]
Creators.jpg
683KB, 1660x2061px
Discuss. Obviously this is hideously imperfect. What do you change?
>>
>>83957024
>gail simone
>frank miller
>alan moore
>positive
>>
all of this is dumb
>>
>>83957024
Is Ellis listed as a negative? Fuck outta here.
>>
>>83957024

Gail Simone is neutral borderline evil. She came up with the women in fridge trope and constantly starts shit on twitter with people and Marvel.

Replace her with Rucka. The man writes women better than any actual woman can.
>>
>>83957222
>Greg "I write a man then remove the penis" Rucka
>>
>>83957222
Someone like Joyce Carol Oates writes far better than him when it comes to women characters, also Rucka only does genre fiction when it comes to his female leads so they all sort of just blend in, he has very little range as a writer of female characters.
>>
>Shitting on Ennis
Get the fuck out of my face
>>
>>83957222
>constantly starts shit on twitter with people and Marvel.
Can you not handle the bantz anon?
>>
File: 1462293616190.gif (27KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
1462293616190.gif
27KB, 195x195px
>>83957024
>Ellis and Ennis as negative
>>
Nominating Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross for "Gods are people, too"
Also some of these "Positive/Negatives" are like "Optimistic/Cynical" and others are more "Like/Don't Like." A chart like this will get more traction if it's neutral
>>
Does anyone else have shit face recognition?
>>
>>83957890
You really only learn the faces of comic book creators if you go to conventions or read a lot of interviews and news articles about them
This could be difficult for anyone
>>
>>83957024
Ennis doesn't do "troubled" superheroes though. He just makes them sex maniacs and jokes about Bueno ass raping them.
>>
>>83957890
Remember to update your drivers.
>>
>>83957024
There's no positive for
>women should have better representation in the genre
it's wrong.
There's nothing wrong with more/better/different representation of women in comics or any other medium. And there's nothing wrong with things staying as they are or becoming even more male-dominated. There's no "should" either way.

There are absolutely no moral imperative for fiction either way.
>>
>>83958149
/co/ confirmed yet again for having no reading comprehension.

It literally is just saying "these writers have a positive outlook, while these writers have a negative outlook".

Why is that so fucking hard to understand?
>>
>>83957890
I recognize only the positives and Millar.
>>
>>83958193
>It literally is just saying "these writers have a positive outlook, while these writers have a negative outlook".
It doesn't say such thing.
>>
>>83958232
>It doesn't say such thing

Yep. /co/ cannot into english.
>>
>>83958193
I read it more as
>these writers manage to accomplish the idea in a good way, while these fuck it up
>>
Darwyn Cooke belongs in the "gods are people too".
>>
>>83957024
In what universe is any tumblr queen ok?
>>
File: 1462345100031.png (385KB, 750x417px) Image search: [Google]
1462345100031.png
385KB, 750x417px
i know all the people on the left because of their work except for the woman on the left, and the only person on the right i know is the guy next to Gaiman. Its mark waid right?

who are the rest of the people on the right and the 2 women?

sorry, sort of a semi-casual
>>
Instead of creators, you should use stories instead.
>>
>>83957890
I can't put a name to any of the negatives or either of the women. Who's the positive, Amanda Conner?
I'm sure I know the names, just not the face that goes with them.
>>
>>83958456
Gail Simone.
>>
>>83957401

Oh yes. I'll shit on Ennis. Fuck him.

>>83957207
>>83957678

Not negative in the sense of a bad writer, however.

>>83958193

Boing.

>>83958232

Well, it is what I intended.

>>83958275

.....Nnnnmmm... no. Except for Benett. And maybe Ennis. A little bit.

>>83958406

The woman on the left is Gail Simone. The men on the right are Mark Millar, Warren Ellis, Mark Waid, Garth Ennis and Marguerite Bennett.
>>
...Funny, I never realized it before, but Ellis kind of looks like what you'd get if you put the top half of Grant's head on the bottom half of Alan's.
>>
>>83957177

Well... Frank and Alan a decade or two ago.
>>
>>83957222
>She came up with the women in fridge trope

...She named it, you mean. She sure as hell didn't come up with it.
>>
>>83959435
there literally has only ever been one female ever put in a refrigerator in comics

it was never a "phenomenon"

shes fucking delusional

so yeah she did make it up
>>
>>83959711
It's a catch all term for women who are killed to further a male character's development/angst since she consider Alex's death to be the the prime example of that, it's not meant to be taken literary even if it's pretty dam bullshitty.
>>
>>83959711

...PLEASE tell me you don't actually think 'Women in refrigerators' refers to females LITERALLY stuffed into refrigerators. That would be so... sad.
>>
File: Batgirl lip.png (77KB, 167x222px) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl lip.png
77KB, 167x222px
>>83959711
There are literally only two instances where a character in a television show jumps the shark,
>>
>>83960159
>>83957222
I find it interesting that Gail defines fridged woman as "killed, raped, depowered, crippled, turned evil, maimed, tortured, contracted a disease or had other life-derailing tragedies befall he", seeing as at least one of those has happened to pretty much every comic book character ever...
>>
>>83960809

Ah, but the context matters.

>>83960392

...Hold up. What's the second one?
>>
>>83960809
She defined it as a woman getting hurt to further a man's story and development.
>>
>>83960932
>Ah, but the context matters.
It should, yes, but if you look at the list on her website it includes a lot of trivial stuff like the Hulk's dead mum and Raven's tendency to turn evil at times.
>>
>>83960982
This is what she defines it as on her (extremly eyesoring) website: http://lby3.com/wir/women.html
>>
>>83960809

I'm just surprised she doesn't realize why a male's love interest is hurt to motivate him. Most heroes have no families and friends are often victims as well. So if you want to hit a hero the hardest, you go for their greatest love.

Uncle Ben's death became Spider-man's motivation to be a hero, where's the trope for that?
>>
>>83957024
Optimistic/Cynical would be better than Positive/Negative
>>
>>83957222

Simone is weird.

I think she's one of the few people still willing to defend John Byrne on a personal level.
>>
>>83961417
>I think she's one of the few people still willing to defend John Byrne on a personal level.
She's a pedophile as well?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (34KB, 490x240px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
34KB, 490x240px
>>83961417

Forgot my pic.

>>83961210

Going by TV Tropes (yeah, sorry) it's "Death by Origin Story" or something.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.