[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Justice League

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 518
Thread images: 70

Justice League recap

>Zack Snyder said Jack Kirby’s New Gods influenced the Justice League movie.
>Steppenwolf is the villain, but they haven’t closed on the actor’s contract yet so they couldn’t reveal who will be playing him.
>The movie’s MacGuffin are the three Mother Boxes and who controls them. There are three and they belong to mankind, the Amazonians and in Atlantis with Aquaman and his people. Each looks similar but they are distinctive by color (red, silver and brownish) and the symbols and shapes of the designs on the boxes themselves.
>Justice League is about the purpose of being a hero. Batman was hit hard by the death of Superman and he feels like he didn’t honor him while alive. He wants to make it up to him and also protect the planet from an incoming threat.
>The producers wouldn’t comment on the way Superman is in the film. But based on what I saw and learned I’d say Superman isn’t in the first half of the film and might not be returning until close to the third act.
>When comparing the version of Wonder Woman we’ll see in Justice League to Batman v Superman and her solo film, Gadot said, “The Wonder Woman we see in the Justice League is similar to the Wonder Woman we saw on BvS. The Wonder Woman that you’ll see in the solo movie she’s different…it’s the coming of age story. It’s about her becoming an adult really. From a child to adult and understanding the complexities of life and human beings.”
>Cyborg’s suit can enlarge when provoked or when he goes into battle mode
>When we first meet up with Flash the suit he’s wearing is a prototype. From what I gathered, it seems that Barry Allen may have broken into NASA and is using 3D printers to help make the outfit protect him when running at super speed.
>Producer Debbie Snyder confirmed Amber Heard is still playing Mera in Justice League.
>Alfred and Bruce Wayne develop a lot of tech for the members of the Justice League.
>>
File: batman-v-superman-steppenwolf.png (561KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
batman-v-superman-steppenwolf.png
561KB, 800x450px
>>83956041
Concept art seen in office:

>A massive silhouette of Steppenwolf. The poster was at least four feet tall and showed his horns and a claw of some kind on his left hand.
>Wonder Woman standing near the Batmobile fighting creatures with wings (Parademons).
>The Nightcrawler (a variation on the Batmobile which has the typical control area with four massive legs that resemble a spiders legs and can get to areas a normal car or plane can’t) inside a tunnel between Metropolis and Gotham.
>A new vehicle (on the artwork called a troopcarrier but I believe it will be called the Flying Fox) that Batman has brought in with three levels and in the artwork you can see the top level is where the controls are, the middle level had Flash walking around and the lower level featured Aquaman and Cyborg. Imagine a much bigger Quinjet from the Marvel universe.
>A very cool looking water scene that had a huge looking vehicle sitting in the middle of a large body of water with the back open and Flash, Aquaman, Batman and Cyborg climbing aboard.
>Barry Allen’s apartment which features multiple TVs and looks like it’s off the beaten path.
>A cool picture inside the Batjet showing Batman, Aquaman and Wonder Woman flying together.
>A number of pictures of concept art from inside S.T.A.R. Labs.
>Alfred manning the gunner station inside the Flying Fox.
>>
>>83956065
Overall Impressions from reporters.

While still a Zack Snyder movie, the team has listened to some of the criticisms and Justice League aims to provide a more traditional super hero story rather than a deconstructionist one, with a lighter tone and more camaraderie.

While JL being lighter than BvS was always the plan, it seems the reception to BvS more than likely drove home the focus that it should be more fun, while not necessarily going full retard, or rather full marvel.
>>
They still fucked up the Flash costume didnt they? No lighting ears=legit mad
>>
>>83956191
They confirmed there's ears

>The Flash logo on his chest is gold, as well as his belt and pieces at the elbows, shoes, and ears
http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/2/
>>
It seems like most of the humor is coming from all the different characters bouncing off of each other. For as much as people bitch about MCU quipping, that sort of thing is really what I loved about the two Avengers movies, so I hope it works out here too.
>>
>>
>>83956223
Yeah but it doesnt say if theyre the actual ears or just decals like what we've seen before from set pics and art. When they say a design thats very Marvel I think of Caps cowl and thats bullshit.
>>
Nothing can save emo superman.

Nothing can save skinny Wonder Woman.

Nothing can save homeless flash.

Nothing can save non blonde aqua man.

Nothing can save us from Zach Snyder and his cunt wife.
>>
>>83956325
>homeless flash
but he lives in an apartment
>>
>>83956370

Never mind, he's on a roll.
>>
>>83956325

>marvelcucks on suicide watch

baka
>>
>>83956470
Go back to /tv/ you know nothing of comics.
>>
File: 6547.jpg (33KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
6547.jpg
33KB, 427x240px
>>83956280

There's something familiar about this I can't quite put my finger on...
>>
>>83956498
>impying anyone on /co/ knows shit about comics, really it's all tumblr tier cartoons.
>>
>>83956537
I come here strictly for the comics. Cartoons are for faggots and little kids.
>>
Sounds like the rumors from a while back were true. So if you wanted this movie to have4 basically the same story as Avengers (evil alien leads invasion on behalf of bigger evil alien to secure cube-shaped MacGuffin) you get your wish.
>>
>>83956568
Honestly I hated Johns new52 JL origin, it was even worse when animated in JL War. I would have rather seen Brainiac, or Mongul, or hell Starro
>>
So...are they going to fix Superman?
>>
>>83956065
>yfw Steppenwolf will literally be the size of the poster

Steppenmanlet incoming
>>
File: 3347433-steppenwolf.jpg (2MB, 1366x2099px) Image search: [Google]
3347433-steppenwolf.jpg
2MB, 1366x2099px
>>83956065
Fucking hell, I don't want the New Gods to be monsters. Steppenwolf looks like a guy, damn it.
>>
>>83956649
Theres a small chance they'll say the hologram was a log about Yuga Khan, Darkseids father
>>
File: image.jpg (142KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 500x375px
Steppenwolf in BVS looks like the aliens from Independence Day.

Mfw
>>
So where's the source on this? All the other stuff I find is just the super low-detailed report about the plot.
>>
>>83956759
Collider
>>
>>83956649
It could be like that could just be an image that Steppenwolf chose to project, to instill fear into whoever contacted him and when he comes out he's just in his normal outfit
>>
So superman has been reduced to a plot device?

Why is the man of steel always getting the shaft?
>>
>>83956813
>Man of KEKED
>>
So according to CBR, Dafoe is playing Vulko. Pretty big fucking waste.
>>
>>83956041
>Batman was hit hard by the death of Superman and he feels like he didn’t honor him while alive

I keep saying this guy should get a lot of flack for being one of the reasons why Supes is "dead".
>>
>>83956124
>or rather full marvel.
I understand that reference.
http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/
>>
>>83956124
>not necessarily going full retard, or rather full marvel
Too late. The transcripts I've read from press that were on set sounded fucking cringe-worthy. I hope they were just remembering it wrong, or viewing it through some sort of feverish quip-lens.
>>
>Snyder is totally going to start acting Presidential now that he has the nomination
>>
File: feels dc.png (255KB, 770x711px) Image search: [Google]
feels dc.png
255KB, 770x711px
>>83956124
>while not necessarily going full retard, or rather full marvel.
>>
>Alfred and Bruce Wayne develop a lot of tech for the members of the Justice League.

Batman I'm glad you're such good friends with industrialist millionaire Bruce Wayne. He helps us out with so much
>>
>>83956470
>BvS did so well only Marvelcucks would want to see any changes
>>
Anyone have the leak from a while ago that got the plot right? I remember the mentioning the three motherboxes and everything else.
>>
>>83956280
This is the third transcript I've read of the scene, and they all suck in different ways. I hope the actual scene is a bit more subtle than these sperglords mis-remember it.
>>
I can't wait to see Snyder fuck up the New Gods, too. Based Snyder fuck my bitches
>>
>>83956649
>>83956700
>>83956801
I think its more likely that he's wearing a heavy suit of armor, that will actually have colors and tones when he shows up in person.
>>
>>83956041
>Zack Snyder said Jack Kirby’s New Gods influenced the Justice League movie.

I'm sure he will fill the movie with panel homages to prove he understands Kirby's New Gods
>>
>>83956615
But the original Silver Age origin of the JL was them stopping Starro the Conqueror from conquering Earth.
>>
>>83957006
IIRC
>Darkseid tried to invade earth thousands of years ago
>Was repelled by the combined efforts of humans, atlanteans, and amazons
>Left 3 motherboxes on earth
>Plot is basically hunt for boxes
>>
>>83957045
Yeah thats why I listed him. But fat chance in hell of that ever happening
>>
>>83956992
Secret identities haven't been a big deal in the DCEU so far. Lex casually name drops Supes and Bats out of nowhere.
>>
>>83957080
It would happen if Johns was in charge earlier
>>
>>83956325
>I am a superficial man-child
Gotcha.
>>
It's looking more and more like Suicide Squad is the DCEU's last, desperate hope to stave off complete collapse.

We might seriously need to set up a suicide watch sticky for DC fans.
>>
>>83957006
>>83957052
Plus Black Canary leading the humans
>>
>>83957090
>I refuse to acknowledge the criticisms that tanked BvS

Gotcha. The Snyder formula has worked so well so far, just stay the course.
>>
So is cyborg going to be one of the mother boxes? And if so does it all come down to him in the end? And if so does that mean the whole world is going to be saved by cyborg?

Top kek
>>
>>83956280

> doesn't know what Barry Allen's powers are
> throws a goddamn knife at his face

What the shit, Bruce. If he had any other power you would have grievously harmed him for shits and giggles.

This is not how you recruit people.
>>
New Frontier is the GOAT Justice League origin, and honestly one of the GOAT cape books.
>>
File: starro-full-02.jpg (91KB, 643x900px) Image search: [Google]
starro-full-02.jpg
91KB, 643x900px
I do love this Silver Age plot and calling a twist now. Starro on Steppenwolf.
>>
>>83957080
This is one thing Marvel does much better: embracing the goofier aspects of their characters.

DC always seems ashamed of their properties and so tries desperately to make them "adult". I wish they'd embrace the comic books and throw in awesome ridiculous stuff like Starro.

The DCU is bursting at the seams with awesome ideas, characters, creatures, etc. WB is pointlessly closing off so much great material in trying to be "serious".
>>
>>83957134
>>doesn't know what Barry Allen's powers are

You are a retard
>>
File: 1466370869287.png (270KB, 807x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1466370869287.png
270KB, 807x1000px
>>83956563
You guys just bitch in company wars.
>>
>>83957090
>I green text when I'm angry and people don't write what make the squirrels in my head stop hurting.
>>
>>83957156
Jesus Christ, just watch Batman: Brave and the Bold, and shut the fuck up, you casual.
>>
>>83956801

I wonder if they're going to go the Final Crisis route and have the New Gods also have human avatars on Earth.
>>
>>83956649

But anon, people wearing costumes look stupid doing anything but fighting. If we want Steppenwolf to be the primary villain, he needs some characterization. And for that he needs to talk.

People in costumes can't talk, thats stupid looking. Costumes are just for fighting.

Zack said so himself.
>>
>>83957163
I like both company's. It's just a shame that dc makes such bad comic book movie decisions.
>>
>>83956844

Yeah I remember we were expecting him to be one of the New Gods. I'm disappointed too.

>>83957086

Not to mention he reveals himself as Batman the first time he talks to Barry.
>>
>>83957117
>thinking those criticisms are valid
I bet you listen to what all the critics tell you. After all, they get paid to be the best!
>>
File: 1451323132968.jpg (655KB, 1024x1554px) Image search: [Google]
1451323132968.jpg
655KB, 1024x1554px
>>83956041
This all sounds great to me. Straight forward plot and the League coming together.

Sign me up for some Aquaman action.
>>
File: sticker,375x360.png (48KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
sticker,375x360.png
48KB, 375x360px
>>83956124
>the Marvel is inmature, DC 2deep4u meme

Why are snydercucks so assblasted?

Can't wait for them going full "JL is shit" contrarian mode while everyone else and the critics praise the change of direction.
>>
File: 1454235571450.jpg (113KB, 919x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1454235571450.jpg
113KB, 919x1077px
>>83956325
DCEU Aquaman bothers me more than I thought it would, I'm all for pushing "Aquaman isn't really lame, guys" but DCEU Aquaman seems too try hard, looks more like a villain than anything else.

Wouldn't be a terrible Ocean Master in all honesty.
>>
>>83957192
>watch
>cartoons

We're talking about the movies here, Junior.

The DC animated stuff is always universally praised. They obviously don't have a problem embracing their full universe in animation, but they clearly don't in the live-action movies.

I can tell thinking and reading aren't your strong suits, but please try to keep up.
>>
>>83957220

I'm excited to see how they do Atlantis too.

Only thing that worries me from what we've heard is the idea that they're shrinking it down into a single self-contained movie.
>>
>You know, when Batman v Superman first came out, I was like, “Wow, okay, woof.” It did catch me off-guard. I kind of felt like — and I have had to, in my mind, make an adjustment, and maybe it is my hardcore take on characters as far as I love ’em, and I love the material. I do, I take it really deep. So I think the nice thing about working on Justice League is that it is an opportunity to really blow the doors off of the scale and the bad guys and team-building and all the stuff that I think I could justify as a big, modern comic book movie, if that makes any sense.

Meanwhile, just off screen you can hear a gun cock.
>>
>>83957097

Wonder Woman is actually their last chance. They have already started shooting that.

Unless WB are goddamn idiots and didn't set aside enough budget to complete the film before starting it, the WW movie is already paid for.

They would have to be in some seriously dire straits for it to be worth canceling the movie mid production just to rescue whatever cash they invested into it.
>>
>>83957224
>inmature
Back to school, Junior.
>>
>>83957213
You are still deflecting and not accepting that the movie was shit. Who is the basement dweller now?
>>
>>83957233
Im worried theyre going for the JLU animated Arthur where hes a dick towards surface dwellers instead of the middle ground king pulled by two worlds
>>
>>83957163
No. The company wars thing is entirely one-sided, coming from DC fans.

They take any criticism of DC movies as "company wars", but that's ridiculous. I bet everyone commenting in these threads loves DC characters too. It's not a Marvel vs. DC thing.

People criticize the movies becuase THEY FUCKING SUCK. We WANT good DC movies. We love Batman and Superman and want good films with them. What we're getting is worthless garbage.

Any actual fan wants the same thing.
>>
>>83957157

Bruce literally says, moments prior, that he knows Barry has powers but doesn't know what they are.
>>
>>83956041
>Yet another DC movie where Superman is a minor character despite getting topen billing
10/10 PRAISE SNYDER
>>
I'm laughing really hard at this because how much would it have helped BVS to have taken all the anti-hero junk and shove it into G. Gordon Godfrey? And you lay groundwork for New Gods
>>
>>83957193
Tbh that sounds a lot more plausible than what I posted m8, but who knows
>>
>>83957272
That is probably what we're getting. Arthur will be a bit of a xenophobe for the first movie but come around in the second.
>>
>>83957238
why do the movies have to encompass the goofy stuff, though? People always seem to look at the movies as the be-all-end-all, when really I think the movies should play to their strength. Having a darker universe is more suited to cinema, while we already have cartoons and comics that are just rolling in the goofy shit. Why retread it?
>>
>>83957213
>After all, they get paid to be the best!

Are there actually people who realy believe that the negative critical reception was all due to Disney bribes? I thought that was just jokes and trolling.

Are people really this delusional?
>>
>>83957285
>being this literal

sorry anon you are too dumb for a movie by the director of 300
>>
>>83957238
>We're talking about the movies here, Junior.
Ah, right. We are on /tv/ after all.
>>
>>83957265
XDD upvoted
>>
>>83956124
>I only enjoy mature superhero films for mature adults like myself
Zack Snyder is a hack and no amount of brand loyalty-fuelled denial will ever change that
>>
>>83957321

I don't know. I actually enjoyed BvS a lot, but I can't tell if the people who pretend like it's a flawless masterpiece, or that everything wrong with it will magically fix itself and be erased with the releases of Ultimate Cut and Justice League are actually serious or false-flag trolling.
>>
>>83957282
>company wars is just one sided
>coming from the Marvelfags who post laughingevans.jpg in every DCEU thread and other shit

Not taking any sides, but seriously this company war bullshit has to stop before this board gets to /v/ or /tv/ levels of retarded
>>
>>83957321
>Are there actually people who realy believe that the negative critical reception was all due to Disney bribes?

No, the main source of criticism is that the movie is a tragedy and that doesnt fit well with blockbuster action movies
>>
Is this it? Is this the thing fans would lose their minds over?
>>
>>83957249
> So I think the nice thing about working on Justice League is that it is an opportunity to really blow the doors off of the scale and the bad guys and team-building and all the stuff that I think I could justify as a big, modern comic book movie

So Snyder thinks that the problems people had with BvS will be solves if he just goes BIGGER this time? That no one will care about the shitty editing that left massive plot holes, no characterization, and abysmal dialog as long as he makes the movie Epic enough?
>>
>>83957364
>before

We're already there as far as I'm concerned. Only thing saving this board are Storytime threads as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>83957364
>Not taking any sides, but seriously this company war bullshit has to stop before this board gets to /v/ or /tv/ levels of retarded
Way too fucking late, anon.
>>
>>83957315
>why do the movies have to encompass the goofy stuff, though?

Because it's awesome? Because DC has 80 years of goofy and weird shit to play with and trying to avoid that just hurts and limits the creative process? Because a desperate desire to appear adult and consicuously reject "childish" things is the hallmark of the insecure adolescent?

>Why retread it?

Because it's what audiences want to see. They demonstrably don't want to see Snyder's shit.

Darker only works with Bats ala Nolan. Audiences don't want that for Supes or GL or the rest. From them they want awesome, fun adventures.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 320x320px
>>83956124
>Justice League aims to provide a more traditional super hero story rather than a deconstructionist one

>implying BvS deconstructed anything
>>
>>83956470
>This much denial
>>
>>83957251
WW and JL are a lock obviously, they are filming. And they will make a solo Batfleck movie, that is a no brainer. It's Batman.

Anything beyond that I think could get cancelled.
>>
File: NEsccUxpJl7Jvz_1_5.jpg (173KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
NEsccUxpJl7Jvz_1_5.jpg
173KB, 600x366px
>>83957373
I'm a fan and I am okay with this synopsis.
>>
So.......how we going to hamfist Clark back into this plot without it being retarded? Because I swear to god if he just swoops in at the end to fix everything Im going to be pissed
>>
>The team talks among themselves for a moment, which in and of itself is a miracle in a Zack Snyder superhero movie. They’re all in costume and they’re talking to each other. For reference, here’s Zack in an Empire Magazine interview explaining why he doesn’t like characters in costume conversing:

>"I kinda came to the conclusion also that they couldn't really talk in their suits, um, with any credibility..."

>"... more than 4 or 5 lines and you start to notice, like wait, these are two guys ... one guys dressed up like a bat and the other has a big red 'S' on his chest, and they're being super serious about how mad they are at each other..."

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/21/a-hater-tours-the-justice-league-set
>>
>>83957044

I have zero doubts he will understand kirby better than Johns
>>
>>83956530
You didn't see that coming?
>>
>>83957364
/co/ has never been much better than /v/.
It's been like two steps away from being /v/ at most.
>>
>>83957416
Snyder is dead inside
>>
>>83957380
>>83957384
I mean I would consider us to be pretty close to retarded levels but just not there yet. Yea a lot of the story times and actual comic book discussions are what's keeping this board sorta good so far, unlike /tv/ and /v/ which are just shitposting central
>>
>>83957368

The only thing tragic about BvS how bad its dialog is. Brings me to tears every time I think about it.
>>
>>83957373

>people making movie say movie will be good

yeah weak. at least there's some good salty fanboys

>>83957416

maybe someone should show snyder good costumes
>>
>>83956615
>We'll never have George Miller's perfecthe JLA movie that was light-hearted but also massive in scale, stayed true to the source material, and ended with the newlyrics official Justice Leage going to fight Starro
>>
File: 1465618241000.jpg (45KB, 376x395px) Image search: [Google]
1465618241000.jpg
45KB, 376x395px
No Superman, no care.

And if they go the Injustice route then holy fuck, this is gonna be a massive shitstorm
>>
>>83957414

Mother Box shenanigans? I dunno.
>>
>>83957438
Mostly its /tv/ invading the board, but with injustice 2 announced /v/ suddenly is becoming an issue again
>>
>>83957338
>Ah, right. We are on /tv/ after all.

I see you haven't mastered this whole reading thing yet.

If you scroll up to the top you'll find what's called the original post, which provides the topic of this discussion.

You'll notice that the OP is about the upcoming Justice League movie, and that the ensuing discussion has been about the DC movies.

Take a second to think carefully about what this means.
>>
>>83956649
That's dumb though.
Comics are dumb and for nerds and children.
This is serious cinema here, so Steppenwolf needs to be like a big alien monster, so as to be a believable threat.
Also no one can call him Steppenwolf, because that's a dumb name.
>>
>>83957458

i like the theory that was the plan but when everyone hated bvs they swerved
>>
>>83957441
You have no idea what a Tragedy is
>>
>>83957368
>No, the main source of criticism is that the movie is a tragedy

Except that's literally not what most of the criticism is about or what the critics have said.
>>
>>83956813
Because that's what happens when you here a director who doesn't understand the source material to the point that he holds practical contempt towards it.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>Zack Snyder promoting Justice League.jpg
>>
I am looking forward to Justice League. I am also looking forward to a great deal of handwringing about how Zack Snyder is the superhero anti-Christ and ruining All The Movies.
>>
>>83957282
>We love Batman and Superman and want good films with them. What we're getting is worthless garbage.

Pretty much this
>>
>>83957492
>Snyder makes a movie about superman as a sun god
>Dumbass on /co/ thinks Steppenwolf will be just an alien
>>
>>83957410

Naw, see, they can't admit to be holding off production on anything without announcing weakness. They need to keep putting new movies into production in order to keep the franchise going, because if they wait to see how the next movie turns out before making that decision, its basically suicide.

So unless they fake putting a movie into production but just movie money around and keep quiet to see how Justice League does, they either have to start production on even more movies by the time it comes out, or admit that the DCEU failed and they are giving up before JL part 1 hits screens.

This is the same problem that got them into this mess where they realized the hole BvS has dug for them too late to actually stop and change anything in time for Justice League. They went full steam ahead right out the gate, so their only choice to any problem or criticism is to charge directly ahead and hope they can simply outrun it or power through it on sheer momentum.
>>
>>83957097
>Suicide Squad is the only chance DC has of getting off suicide watch
Heh
>>
>>83957378
He really is just a stupid dudebro...
>>
>>83957294
Of Fuck Zack Snyder. I need a good Superman movie.
>>
>>83957441
nigger, BvS literally has the best dialogue of any cape movie
>>
>>83957410
>And they will make a solo Batfleck movie, that is a no brainer. It's Batman.

A movie featuring two of the most popular and recognizable characters in the world, Batman and Superman, was regarded as a no brainer guaranteed money maker too, anon.
>>
>>83957577

>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!?
>>
The problem with the DCEU is that it feels rushed and nonsensical. Rather than tying everything nicely like the MCU and having some semblance of continuity, they have decided to separate both television and movie canons, when they could have had unified it and use it as a platform for world building. Moreover, Mohammed BatAfflecki should have gotten his own movie prior to BvS so as to familiarize audiences to the character, specially after Bale had become a household name portraying Batman.
>>
>>83957414
>So.......how we going to hamfist Clark back

That's a good question. How will they bring CLARK back?

Supes you can handwave something, but Clark Kent is as far as everyone knows a normal human who died. There was a funeral.

How is he supposed to come back?
>>
>>83957294
Maybe you'd be better off just watching Superman on the CW through Supergirl, m8. That seems more up your speed.
>>
File: HAHAHA NO.gif (498KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA NO.gif
498KB, 300x222px
>>83957577
Yeah you keep thinking that
>>
>>83957213
>Actually thinking BvS was so good that the only possible explanation for its shifty reception was that every critic was paid off
You've either got shit taste in movies or you're an idiot.
Maybe both.
>>
>>83956967
it's alright to like the disney movies, anon, but its also alright to dislike them. don't be so defensive :3
>>
>>83957600
>i want the terrible shitty TV shows as part of the movies
>>
>>83957285
Bruce is detective man, he put two and two together for fast response.
>>
>>83957233
I'm excited, he looks pretty rad.
Seems like he'll be the Wolverine or the Raphael of the group, which works fine.
>>
>>83956530
Xmen does a good speedster
>>
>>83957600
You had me up until the tv connection. Fuck that CW shlock
>>
>>83957608
>How will they bring CLARK back?

Witness protection, had to fake his own death. blah blah blah
>>
>>83957438
I'm starting to think "/v/ is shitposting central but /co/ isn't" is just a meme. I don't see how someone could browse /co/ and /v/ and be convinced that this is true.
>>
>>83956280
>nobody even talking about the Grodd tease here
>>
>>83957436
Snyder is, literally, Darkseid.

Darkseid saw what Grant Morrison was doing, crossing the fiction/reality barrier, and learned a lesson. He's come to our world to strip our icons and symbols of hope and joy, inculcating the despair and hopelessness he desires to spread.

SNYDER IS
>>
File: aaron-randall-theflash-color.jpg (155KB, 1260x1575px) Image search: [Google]
aaron-randall-theflash-color.jpg
155KB, 1260x1575px
Im serious, if they havent fixed the Flash costume I will riot
>>
>>83957577
Shitty bait
>>
>>83957615
I mean it'd be hard for it to be worse than BvS.
>>
>>83957650
>Seems like he'll be the Wolverine or the Raphael of the group, which works fine.
But that's already Batman, so it doesn't work fine. And the only be mocked for trying to make the guy who's known as "the one who talks to fish" edgy and cool.
>>
>>83957667
>Gorilla sign language
Oh shit I missed that, thats pretty funny. Doubt he exists yet
>>
WTF NO MAN OF STEEL 2 BEING RISE OF THE SUPERMAN IMPOSTERS LIKE AFTER DEATH OF SUPERMAN SNYDERS A HACK
>>
>>83957449
Fuck. George Miller just knocked it out of the park with the last Mad Max movie. Why didn't he get the DCEU helm?
>>
>>83957514

BvS can't be a Tragedy, because a Tragedy is about the downfall of the main character to some combination of internal and external forces.

Superman isn't the main character of BvS. Batman is. The entire title-fight dynamic is seen from, and driven by, Batman's point of view.

Superman is just a force of nature wearing a skin suit that the rest of the cast reacts to the presence of. He is a premise, not a character. He drives the plot simply by existing, not by having any kind of motivation or characterization.

Superman in BvS only has character in that the movie has effectively outsourced all of it to Man of Steel. Superman has a character in MoS, so that means we don't have to give him one in BvS. The audience just needs to remember that Superman used to have a character and let that credit carry them forward into caring about Superman this time too.
>>
>>83957608
Why are you still assuming they're going to?
>>
Im going to be honest here, Im more excited about Injustice 2 than Justice League at this point
>>
>>83956041
Let's hope this movie isn't as up itself as much as BvS was.
>>
>>83957600
Yea can't wait to have the Suicide Squad with no Amanda Waller, a Ra's who obbessed with Oliver Queen and Felecity nuking everyone with no conquence while Supes gets flack for saving a little girl.
>>
>>83957531
No, Snyder clearly believes his own bullshit.

He'd be the Communist True Believer who is railing against capitalism while waiting in the blocks-long breadline wearing filthy rags in a crumbling city.

He legitimately seems to think his approach is the best way.
>>
>>83956041
>>Zack Snyder said Jack Kirby’s New Gods influenced the Justice League movie.
>Yet there's no Jimmy Olsen
I'm not happy, Snyder.
>>
>>83956649
I kinda want that too, HOWEVER the main reason why I imagine they wouldn't is if they put Ares in his traditional armor then its likely they would look too similar.
>>
>>83957707
But imagine how he would look on a real budget
>>
>>83957764

Good point.

Jimmy Olsen is already dead after all.
>>
>>83957608
>How will they bring CLARK back?
....You still haven't gotten it that snyder doesn't give a fuck about superman or his cast.
>>
>>83957634
>projecting this hard
>>
>>83957657
They literally showed his body in a coffin...HOW ARE THEY GOING TO EXPLAIN THAT?
>>
>>83957639
Bruce is such a great detective he was fooled by a few shitty scrawls on the uncashed checks returned by his ex-employee.
>>
>>83957315
I get your point, but movies are less versatile than cartoons, since they cost more to make.

We had like 4 different cartoon Batmen over the course of the Nolan saga; because movies come out less frequently, they're more of an event. You kinda have to maximize the bang for your buck.

Man of Steel was the first "new" Superman since the Christopher Reeve series. Once a movie is made, we have to accept that this is what we've got for the foreseeable future.

As such, it makes sense that people want it to embrace the source material as much as possible; we get these adaptations infrequently, so why shouldn't each one strive to be a definitive interpretation of the character?

Stuff like the Nolanverse is interesting in an experimental sense, but I still want to see a big screen Batman or Superman that's as faithful as the DCAU type stuff.

There's something about seeing these characters in live action on the big screen that's just cool, but something is lost if it's a less than faithful adaptation or something that seems embarrassed by the source material.
>>
>>83957233
>but DCEU Aquaman seems too try hard, looks more like a villain than anything else.
Bullshit he looks like Poseidon.
>>
>>83957857
And also a villain.
>>
>>83957837

In the movie, it seems like Batman's "investigative skills" consist entirely of shaking down low level punks in order to get the names of higher level punks to shake down, and occasionally using google.

Everything else he needed to know was either handed to him or he stole from someone else.
>>
>>83956065
>vehicles out the ass

at least they're smart enough to push the toys through the movie
>>
>>83956041
It's funny, I just saw the new Independence Day, and that left me more hype for a sequel to that than BvS did for Justice League.

It's not a good thing that Roland Emmerich is leaving me more hyped for a movie than Zack Snyder is.
>>
>>83957882
And also khal drogo
>>
>>83957857
More like 90s Aquaman, without the hook hand
>>
>>83957902
Just like nearly every Batman comic in the past 30 years.
>>
>>83957837
>Abloobloobloo why isn't muh Batman perfect
>>
>>83957857
>Poseidon
>Not a villain
>>
>>83957914
That's because he IS Khal Drogo.

>inb4 that's the joke
>>
>>83957354
>Zack Snyder is a hack and no amount of brand loyalty-fuelled denial will ever change that
But I don't have brand loyalty, Green Lantern was blah and B&R is the single worst movie I have ever seen.
I love MOS becuase it was 90% everything I was begging for in a Superman reboot.
And BVS was... 75% everything I wanted.
>>
>>83957544
>Zack Snyder makes Superman into a dour alien weirdo who never smiles or inspires hope
>Implying it's that much of a stretch that he'd fuck up a villain that no casual has ever heard of that badly too
>>
>>83957359
1.) MOS is my 2nd favorite movie and even I don't think its flawless.
2.) No the Ultimate cut won't fix all of BVS but it will fix the primary complaint of it being edited badly.
>>
>>83957577
DING DING DING>>83957608
>>
>>83957972
MOS your second favorite movie?

>opinion invalid
>>
File: Cle0h1OUkAAJxwY.jpg (68KB, 640x541px) Image search: [Google]
Cle0h1OUkAAJxwY.jpg
68KB, 640x541px
http://www.vulture.com/2016/06/zack-snyder-set-justice-league.html

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHOLY FUCK
>>
>>83957378
But nether mos nor bvs has plot holes.
>>
>>83957675
BvS is a movie about hope you pleb
>>
>>83957233
90's Momoa Aquaman is probably the best thing about the whole situation. The tattoos and the scale armor just look so cool
>>
>>83957909
There's suppose to be a third Independence Day movie??
>>
>>83958000
Top kek blood turns black when it ages it doesn't stay red are they trolling?
>>
>>83957389
>If you simply want believable sci-fi and not camp you must be a child.
Burn the fuck in hell you worthless shit stain are fans of 2001 immature for liking the tone it had?
>>
>>83958020
None of the characters seem very hopeful.
>>
>>83958020
BVS is a movie about hopelessness.
>>
>>83958022
The tattoos and the black and white hair ruin it.
>>
>>83958032
Yeah, Emmerich said there'd be a third movie depending on how well the second movie does.
>>
>>83957608
He's not coming back, anon.
Secret identities are stupid concepts for children's stories.

Clark Kent can't smash stuff or blow up buildings.
Superman is an all-powerful sun god, not a good natured farm boy, get that Saturday morning cartoons shit out of our serious mature cinema experience.
>>
>>83958000

Ah, so it's a period piece.
>>
>>83957882
>And also a villain.
Looking epic and badass does not equal looking evil.
>>
>>83958079
Independence Day is not a movie that should have had a sequel. It looks bad so I'm guessing it's going to bomb.
>>
>>83958108
Okay, but DCEU Aquaman looks evil.
>>
>>83957704
I get where you're coming from, but I feel like there's two kinds of asshole.
Batman is the "smarter than everyone else" kind of asshole when Aquaman is the "prideful king" kind of asshole.

There's room for both, they can make it work.
>>
>>83957726
To be fair, as good as the script was, he's also supported the whole "Superman is burning because nothing can beat him" mindset, so as good as he is, he doesn't get the character.

Still woulda been better than Snyder though, since he actually makes good movies.
>>
>>83957999
>MOS your second favorite movie?
>>opinion invalid
No it just appealed directly to me and did almost everything I ever wanted from a Superman film.

KEY THING, favoritism is not the same thing as greatest in quality, I have seen plenty of better films but I don't have the love or attachment to them that I have with MOS.
>>
>>83957156
If by embracing the goofier aspects of characters you mean literally joking about them. The people making marvels movies are just as ashamed of the source material. None of the Avengers act anything like their comic counterparts.
>>
>>83957793
Well he was murdered in the beginning of BvS because "wouldn't it be funny to kill off this lame goofy old comic character no one likes", so...
>>
>>83958199
Please do mother fucking explain what is required to "get" the mother fucking character and also explain why intentionally doing a alternative vision of the character in a alternate fucking universe equals not getting him. Shit stain.
>>
>>83957823
we never saw above his face or head. all we saw were his hands. all im sayin'
>>
>>83958239
That's my point, I should have really addressed that first though, apologies.
>>
>>83957156
There is nothing about them that needs to be fucking goofy, go back to watching barney and BURN THE FUCK IN HELL!
>>
>>83958020
But there was literally no hope in it.
It was a dreary slog where nothing good or happy happens throughout the entirety of the movie.
The end came off more as sequel bait than "OH BUT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE THE THEATER SMILING AND HOPEFUL NOW".
>>
>>83957156
Not being a campy silly dreckass joke in the films does not mean they are ashamed of it in the comics they are just intelligent enough to understand it won't translate without cringe inducing ness.
>>
Affleck and Johns must have guns to Snyder's head by now. Lord willing they'll save this franchise.
>>
>>83958093
Underrated post
>>
>>83958020
despite the fact that i agree with that and genuinely enjoyed bvs, anti-life is about the perversion of hope. its a mathematical proof that hope is worthless because no matter what things will always be the same, shitty, and bad, because that is the will of darkseid
>>
>>83958318
Clark breaking down and stating that "nothing stays good in this world" and then proves it wrong by making 2 incredible sacrifices & redeems Batman sure as fuck is hopeful.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>83958020
>BvS is a movie about hope
>>
>>83958348

Shut up Boco.

Wait...
>>
File: image.gif (386KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
386KB, 500x281px
>>83956124
>or rather full marvel

You were smiling to yourself when you wrote this console wars trash
>>83956124
>>83956124
>>
>>83956124
>deconstruct
Idon'tEvenHaveAnImageAsRetardedAsThisComment.png
>>
>>83958362
Yes ending on a funeral is really inspiring
>>
>>83958362
>redeems Batman
The only thing we've seen about Batman change was that he didn't brand Lex and says "men are still good". Talk is cheap, we have to wait to see how he is in Justice League to see if he was redeemed in any meaningful way.
>>
>>83958333
>>83958407
>>83957531
Heh.
>>
>>83958261
>Being this mad
I'll spell it out simply.
Superman isn't boring because he's got all the powers and no one can beat him
He's INTERESTING because behind these godlike abilities, he's a humble dude raised in Kansas. He's anot everyman who can leap tall buildings in a single bound. He's the physical personification of what the human spirit is capable of; a symbol of hope and what we can strive to be.

The problem with Snyder's take is that he focuses on how Superman's biology is alien, rather than how his heart is wholly human.

Alternate takes are fine, but I don't want a movie about an alternate universe Superman; I want a movie about Superman.

Anyone who says "Superman is boring, he's too powerful" clearly knows nothing about the character beyond that he's "faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, etc".
>>
>>83958444
Yes it is if the person who died, died for the greater good saving possibly billions of lives.
>>
File: 1465846694842.jpg (54KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465846694842.jpg
54KB, 479x720px
>>83957608
it will be some vague jesus imagery that's nonsensical and stupid as hell and despite that no character in the movie will question it

only you, the viewer, will question it

retards on the internet will proceed to use that fact as a point of debate, arguing that it makes the movie "deep"

please enjoy 10 more years of snyder

t e n
m o r e
y e a r s
>>
>>83958362
They still botched the execution of it, since Superman had all the personality of a hunk of plywood.
I felt nothing when he died, the same way I felt nothing when a building collapsed.

I can see what they were trying get to do, but to pull it off would require subtlety and finesse, and those are skills not found in Zack Snyder's wheelhouse.
>>
>>83958487
Kaptain Kristian? Is that you?

Also, I agree with you.
>>
>>83957391
It was a reference to Debrah Snyder being passive-aggressive about BvS criticism, by saying "Well I guess people just don't like their heroes being deconstructed."
>>
>>83958487
>Superman isn't boring because he's got all the powers and no one can beat him
Agreed.
>The problem with Snyder's take is that he focuses on how Superman's biology is alien, rather than how his heart is wholly human.
But that is a valid fucking path to take.
This is like saying Ultimate Thor is invalid because they made us question if he is actually mythological or not.
>Alternate takes are fine, but I don't want a movie about an alternate universe Superman; I want a movie about Superman.
That makes it not for you, that does not make it bad. Some of us were begging for what we got.
>>
>>83957224
Snyder guys are the worst.

I mostly read DC (not that I hate Marvel or am into company wars), and don't even like the Marvel films that much.

But as soon as I point out Snyder is shit, I get "HAHAHA MARVELDRONE DETECTED"

Like, being that sensitive over superheroes films, to the point where you have an automatic defense mechanism against anybody who shares different opinions from you that sorts them into some sort of homogeneous "outgroup," seems indicative of disordered thinking to me.
>>
>>83958549
Except his entire characterization of Clark is subtle and restrained instead of the smiling retard from the Reeves movies.
>>
>>83958500
>billions of lives

where have i seen this phrase before

is that you, DOUBLE 7.5 BILLION PEOPLE guy? don't lie to me, i can smell your crusty ass from here
>>
>>83958587
Snyder Hugbox?
>>
>>83958569
>Some of us were begging for what we got.
Like fucking who?
>>
>>83958567
I fucking hate it when filmmakers act smug after making a bad movie that people shit on.

I'd honestly have more respect for them and their product if they said something like "we know the reaction wasn't 100% positive, but we're striving to go above and beyond on our next project."

This attitude of "pssh, you sheep just didn't GET our movie, we made some real ART" makes me think "oh, so the next one is gonna be just as shitty if you get your way, cheers."
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 500x375px
>>83958093
>>
>>83958569
Begging for what exactly?
>>
>>83958587
No its indicative of people that have been beaten down and bullied by sadist screaming that what they love "ruined" or isn't a valid take on character just because its new and unique. Along with torment shaming people as not being Superman fans if they love MOS.
>>
File: 1419478349213.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1419478349213.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>83956041
>>83956065
And this is what was going to change everything and make everyone excited?
>>
>>83958627
So now your denying that stopping the world engine, Zod and Doomsday saving the entire human race.
Your desperation is the single most pathetic thing I have ever encountered.
>>
File: 1464085424384.jpg (19KB, 297x247px) Image search: [Google]
1464085424384.jpg
19KB, 297x247px
>>83958569
>some of us were begging for mos's pa kent
>some of us were begging for neck snap
>some of us were begging for man of pointless destruction
>some of us were begging for "i let my father die because..."
>some of us were begging for penis pods
>some of us were begging for "YOU'RE LETTING HIM KILL MARTHA"
>some of us were begging for "DING DING DING DING DING"
>some of us were begging for jars of piss
>>
>>83958612

> Smiling is something only stupid people do. Optimism is for fucking idiots. I am so much happier knowing that my absolute misery is the secret to my superior intelligence and impeccable taste. Except obviously not happy, because joy is the opiate of the subhuman filth with which I refuse to be associated.

Cool.
>>
>>83958640
Me, I prefer Superman to be the light in the darkness, I want him to contextually have something to improve, I prefer the world around him to be dark. The world of the Reeves films does not appear that it would be any better or worse off by Clark's existence. Its a bright happy fairy tale land.
>>
>>83958569
>Some of us were begging for what we got.
Fuck all of you then.
>>
>>83958500
But......even then it didnt feel inspiring. Thats kind of sad. Doesnt really matter what number you put on it
>>
>>83958712
i fucking knew it was you man holy shit you just will not leave these goddamn threads

you have to come in and get your teeth kicked in every single time snyder's name is mentioned, at every hour of the day

i'm just glad i could figure out it's the same fucking guy every time
>>
>>83956124
>While still a Zack Snyder movie, the team has listened to some of the criticisms and Justice League aims to provide a more traditional super hero story rather than a deconstructionist one, with a lighter tone and more camaraderie
This is exactly what they said for BvS too.
It's weird tho, BvS wasn't strictly 'heavy' or 'dark'. It had jokes in it, they just fell completely flat. The movie wasn't fun in the sense that it wasn't enjoyable, not in the sense that it required humor.
>>
>>83958672
>Begging for what exactly?
Earth One/Supreme Power in tone and world building but with a less emo Clark.
>>
We need an outspoken superman. Not some neckbeard introvert that appeals to basement dwelling manchildren.
>>
>>83958750
>Me, I prefer Superman to be the light in the darkness, I want him to contextually have something to improve
Then why is he such a boring, brooding idiot in these films? A personality is something he should have to improve.
>>
>>83958569
An alternate take is fine in a comic or a cartoon.
Those can go through a dozen incarnationations in the span of a few years.

Movie franchises like this have survivability, though.
When they make something that's built to be a franchise, we're basically stuck with whatever they make for the foreseeable future (unless it fails miserably, like ASM2).

Alternate takes are fine, but you can't be surprised when someone is disappointed that the version of a character in the movie series we're stuck with for, let's guess the next decade, is nothing like the source material.

Alternate takes aren't invalid, but unless they surpass the original in popularity (like the more feral, bestial Hulk compared to the more articulate Jekyll/Hyde original), people aren't gon a be super pleased about an alternative ate take being featured in what bills itself as an adaptation, rather than an Elseworlds reimagining.
>>
>>83957615
>implying Wolfclark will be not be far better than Synderkino
>>
>I think Superman was on his way toward something that I – I wanted to get to a Superman that had a reason to be Superman, like a reason to feel the way he felt about humanity, that we all understand from the comic books as far as he’s pretty, as far as a moral compass goes, he’s pretty much the thing. But I feel like he had to go through something to be that. And I’m not saying he shows up in this movie…
Return of classic Superman?
Not this time Snyder you're not reigning me in about Superman until I read reviews
>>
>>83958850
shut the fuck up zack
>>
>>83958734
>>some of us were begging for mos's pa kent
Not exactly but I was hoping for a non niave Pa Kent that actually taught Clark like it is that the world is mostly horrible garage, to actually prepare Clark instead of giving him happy fantasy crap.
>>some of us were begging for neck snap
I am 100% fine with it.
>>some of us were begging for man of pointless destruction
He didn't cause barely any of the destruction and I am absolutely happy that he is not a mary sue that can wave away all consequence and avoid any degree of failure.
>>some of us were begging for "i let my father die because..."
No I was not hoping for that.
>>some of us were begging for penis pods
Yes this 3 second shot has ANY barring on the full films quality, your fucking delusional.
>>some of us were begging for "YOU'RE LETTING HIM KILL MARTHA"
Nope.
>>some of us were begging for "DING DING DING DING DING"
No problem with it.
>>some of us were begging for jars of piss
It sounded horrible when described prior to seeing it but it actually ended up being pretty tense.
>>
>>83957667
I noticed that instantly but I thought more people would have mentioned it by now. That'll be cool.
>>
>>83956041
>Cyborg’s suit can enlarge when provoked or when he goes into battle mode

NIIIIIICE, official first look when??
>>
>>83958750
I actually agree with young except Superman wasn't a beacon of anything in these movies.
He hardly ever smiles and doesn't give a genuine shit about saving anyone who isn't his mom or Lois.
He's quick to anger and acts impulsively.

He feels more like King Kong, with Lois being his Anne Darrow.
>>
>>83958737
>I want Superman to hop with joy while those people in Africa are being shot dead
>I want Superman to enter a Senate hearing about those dead people with a smile on his face
>I want Superman to cheer while his mother is near death
>I want Superman to laugh his ass off as Doomsday causes large scale property damage
Superman isn't "emo" in the Snyderverse. He's just constantly being placed in terrible situations (which are everywhere in the Snyderverse) .
>>
>>83958900
>It sounded horrible when described prior to seeing it but it actually ended up being pretty tense.
No it didn't, it ended up being fucking hilarious and cringeworthy at the same time, I could barely stop myself from laughing out loud in the theater when I watched it.
>>
>>83957233
>not wanting AquaMan Lovecraft Horror action flick

FUCK YOU MOUSEKETEER
>>
>>83958900
>Pretty tense
Are you fucking high? When its all said and done its still a jar of fucking piss
>>
>>83958093
kek
>>
>>83959001
In no way did he say that shitposter. Most of us are looking forward to Wan's take
>>
>>83957540
Just like hulk , Thor, and ironman ?
>>
>>83958943
which are a lot of places in the real world too. the problem isnt that hes "emo" like people think, its just that snyder is only showing the darkness in the world, not the light
>>
>>83958900
>some of us were begging for LEX LUTHOR force feeding a jolly rancher into some man's mouth and then licking his finger
>some of us were begging for pa kent being an experienced horse slayer
>some of us were begging for man of 42 total lines
>some of us were begging for bat stu wins again IN SUPERMAN'S OWN MOVIE
>some of us were begging for batmanslaughter
>some of us were begging for doomsday featuring the most pointless death of superman ever
>some of us were begging for a dream sequence during a dream sequence
>>
>The costume is very red in color, much more vibrant than Grant Gustin’s costume from the The Flash TV series
LOL
O
L
>>
>>83958943
>i want superman to smile at all
Thats all. Yes not when the situation doesnt warrent it but maybe when rescuing people
>>
>>83957971
>>Zack Snyder makes Superman into a dour alien weirdo who never smiles or inspires hope

But that's false
>>
File: game-of-thrones-tormunf.jpg (3MB, 3600x2395px) Image search: [Google]
game-of-thrones-tormunf.jpg
3MB, 3600x2395px
Bow before your king, you fuckers!
http://www.newsarama.com/29815-report-game-of-thrones-actor-cast-as-atlantean-king-in-justice-league.html
>>
>>83958900
>some of us were begging for 'Jesse Eisenberg does: Lex Luthor as The Joker'
>some of us were begging for wonder woman cosplaying as a spooky skeleton
>some of us were begging for superman literally never addressing wonder woman once
>some of us were begging for batman putting his hand up like a scared schoolyard bully as superman got his powers back
>some of us were begging for jesus imagery shoved up our eyeballs' assholes
>some of us were begging for nobody smiles: the movie
>>
>>83959114
He did when saving Lois from the Warlord and also in the Day of the Dead scene but that was quickly wiped away when everyone started Jesusing out on him
>>
>Between takes, Ben Affleck took an impressive amount of time to field questions from reporters while wearing his new Batsuit. The suit has a touch of blue added to it along with some armor plates added inside of its shoulders, arms, and legs.

>"There's definitely room for more humor," Affleck says of the upcoming film. "DC movies are, I think, by their nature still a little bit more Gothic or more mythic rather than some comic book movies are, but [Batman v Superman] was a heavy, dark movie."

The actor, and soon to be director of a standalone Batman film, has a revived enthusiasm for his character the DC Films. "This is a step in evolution from [BvS], about bringing together all these characters, ones who had their origins and it's about multilateralism and it's about hope," Affleck says. "It's about working together and the kind of conflicts that you have trying to work together with others. It's a world with all these other superheroes that exist."

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/20/justice-league-set-visit-review-theyre-listening-2/
>>
File: jlogo.jpg (36KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
jlogo.jpg
36KB, 960x960px
I guess one positive thing I can say about this is that the logo looks good. For the past 20 years, all action film title cards have had that embossed, scratched metal look, with the really square, harsh letterforms. Like, every single fucking one of them. The Dark Knight trilogy is one of the few that did something different, with the plain white geometric font (I think Man of Steel did that, too). I like this. It has a design to it, but it doesn't just look like an Iron Man logo or something.

Other than that, I can't say I have much hope. Snyder films didn't suck because they were "deconstructionist" or "too dark." They were just stupid, had half-baked character motivations, plot holes, underdeveloped themes, poor editing, etc. Tone doesn't dictate quality. You can have a shitty dark film or a shitty light film. Just making the next film lighter and "funner" isn't going to fix the core problems.
>>
>>83959026
Even the worst Marvel films are just dull and mediocre.
>>
What the fuck, OP. You left out the most important thing!

>How big is the role of Geoff Jones in this?

>Big! Geoff is a big part of things. He’s not here right now, he’s having a baby, but Geoff’s a great guy and there’s nobody that knows more about comic books. He’s got great taste and he’s really super smart and super nice, and Jon Berg as well has a big role.

Congrats Cereal Dad!

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/21/ben-affleck-interviewed-on-the-set-of-justice-league
>>
>>83957097
This board cannot handle "A Second Fresh Review 2: Electric Boogaloo". It would be madness
>>
>>83958772
Yes only one single person is able to establish how many people Clark saved you impotent fuck.
>>
>>83959228
I like how they're finally on the same page as the actual DC font
>>
>>83958824
He isn't boring to me, he is quite sympathetic.
>>
>>83959163
Wait what. I thought it was Khal Drogo's actor.
>>
>>83959186
Same article:

>Whether it's Ray Fisher and Ezra Miller dancing together between takes, Gal Gadot laughing with Ben Affleck despite cameras rolling, or Zack and Deborah Snyder looking like some weight has been lifted from their shoulders, the Justice League set's atmosphere offers an overwhelmingly positive vibe. No, that weight is not completely lifted just yet, and the pressure to make a film that satisfies critics and fans certainly still exists but one thing was made clear when Warner Brothers invited a large number of reporters to their gigantic set: they are listening.
>It's no secret people didn't like Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. In fact, hating the movie became the popular thing to do by several media outlets and though some fans will defend it to their death, others choose to bash it in comment sections with every chance they get. The biggest criticism of the film? Its lack of fun. That's changing. The DC Films projects seem to be flipped upside down starting with Justice League if the scenes shown off by Warner Brothers represent the whole of the film.
>>
File: Superman-Rebirth-Variant.jpg (87KB, 874x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Superman-Rebirth-Variant.jpg
87KB, 874x1200px
>>83957097
But DC fans still have, you know, decent comics to read
>>
>>83959026
the original iron man took a b-list hero and made him into a billion dollar franchise front-man

you can sip that piping hot delusion tea you got in that mug of yours, but you can't deny facts: to make that kind of money, you have to do something right

something bvs (or any dc movie apart from the nolanverse stuff) didn't do right
>>
File: 1458761630968 Rebirth T.png (257KB, 632x652px) Image search: [Google]
1458761630968 Rebirth T.png
257KB, 632x652px
>>83956967
Your shit is out of date, famalam.
>>
>>83958935
>and doesn't give a genuine shit about saving anyone
Yes... that is why he went out to the world engine knowing he would be weaker around it.
That is why he crashed the scout ship.
That is why he slayed Zod.
That is why he held on to DD even after seeing the nuke coming.
That is why he fucking DIED to save the world from DD.
>>
So Watchtower or Hall of Justice?
>>
File: Aquaseidon.png (357KB, 580x295px) Image search: [Google]
Aquaseidon.png
357KB, 580x295px
>>83957857
He wishes Aquaman looked like him.
>>
>>83959267
nah you're just always autistic enough to be very exact about it, hence why you always say billions

you can't even get to me anymore man, you just confirmed that it's literally entirely you in all these threads single-handedly defense forcing the dceu

christ almighty i don't know if it's sadder that you're doing that or that i've been here long enough to notice
>>
>>83959076
>>some of us were begging for doomsday featuring the most pointless death of superman ever
Except it furthered his entire arc and proved to the world that his intent was noble and good the entire time. That is a fuck ton more point to it then TDOS had in the comics.
>>
>>83959384
Watchtower, Hall of Justice is too cartoony for Snyder.
>>
File: Batmobile AKA The Nightcrawler.jpg (77KB, 650x428px) Image search: [Google]
Batmobile AKA The Nightcrawler.jpg
77KB, 650x428px
So they say Batmans new ride can "Go places normal cars and planes cant" so what is that implying exactly?
>>
>>83959296
Momoa is playing Aquaman. This guy is playing some previous Atlantis ruler
>>
>>83959369
I feel like Superman's character arc will be realizing that he needs to take consideration of his own life when saving people too, as the world needs him in the future
On another note, I really hope Junkie XL brings back the synth theme Zimmer made for Superman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JYFtboBejA
>>
>>83959430
You have to take a step back and realize it took DOS to redeem Clark in the public eye. Theres something REALLY wrong there
>>
File: Kristofer-Hivju.jpg (1MB, 2000x1503px) Image search: [Google]
Kristofer-Hivju.jpg
1MB, 2000x1503px
>>83959396

>tfw we were so close and yet so far
>>
>>83959443
Batman and Wonder Woman are going to Hell to save Superman's soul
>>
>>83959180
>>some of us were begging for 'Jesse Eisenberg does: Lex Luthor as The Joker'
No but he did the best he could for what they were going for.
>>some of us were begging for wonder woman cosplaying as a spooky skeleton
She is not that fucking thin at all.
>>some of us were begging for superman literally never addressing wonder woman once
Actually he did.
>>some of us were begging for batman putting his hand up like a scared schoolyard bully as superman got his powers back
That was fucking awesome!
>>some of us were begging for jesus imagery shoved up our eyeballs' assholes
But it wasn't even remotely, it was all of 1 scene and 1 other shot in MOS that is miles from shoving it.
>>
File: 1435689292975.jpg (971KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1435689292975.jpg
971KB, 1920x1080px
>>83959443
Batman beyond batmobile here we go!
>>
>>83959443
well firstly thats just the batmobile, not the nightcrawler, secondly its pretty obvious, they described it as a car with spider legs in stead of wheels so it can climb around and shit
>>
>>83959443
It will be submersible. Normal cars and planes don't go under water unless they crash.
>>
File: Snyder Cycle.png (1MB, 2673x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Cycle.png
1MB, 2673x1750px
>>83956124
>While still a Zack Snyder movie, the team has listened to some of the criticisms
It begins
>>
>>83957412
RIPIP, Jim. ;_;
>>
>>83959405
Because the earth's population is factually around 7-8 Billion.
>you just confirmed that it's literally entirely you in all these threads single-handedly defense forcing the dceu
I genuinely do not create these threads 97% of the time. That I fucking swear to you.
>>
>>83959472
He didn't need redeeming they just needed proof of his nobility. The real world factually would be horrifically paranoid about such a being.
>>
>>83959405
>everyone who disagrees with me is one person
I've literally been posting BvS hate throughout the thread and I can tell you that you're going maximum overautist.
>>
File: 51133605.jpg (87KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
51133605.jpg
87KB, 640x640px
>>83958093
>>
I can't believe they wasted doomsday in BVS. Doomsday would have destroyed WW bat and superman in there first meeting. Fuck you Zach Snyder go back to making 1:1 adaptions.
>>
>>83959591
The point still stands that THIS it what it took for the public to get behind Superman. We're two movies in and we had to use one of the most overrated Superman stories ever to make that point. Its fucking stupid anon
>>
>>83959622
i cant not see laughingsluts.jpg
>>
>>83958093
Goddammit Boco you have no right to pull off that joke.
>>
>>83959659
Sorry.
>>
>>83958567
Jokes on her. I don't.
>>
>>83958847
He looks great.
He makes me feel are warm inside,
I swear it isn't a boner.
I might be lying.
>>
>>83956041
>Twenty-three-year-old Ezra Miller has heretofore been best known for indie films like We Need to Talk About Kevin and The Stanford Prison Experiment; a famously free spirit, he talks casually about his bisexuality, eschews deodorant, and once waltzed into a film festival party wearing a fur coat and no shirt underneath. As the Flash in Justice League, he has been shorn of the long hair and scraggly goatee that he usually favors, but crucially, Snyder encouraged him to keep his live-wire charm.
This movie is beyond fucked and anyone that doesn't think so is a retard.
>>
>>83956124
>While still a Zack Snyder movie
Thanks fucking god. I was afraid it was going to be a quipfest
>>
File: andthatsawful.png (260KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
andthatsawful.png
260KB, 358x310px
>>83956041
>, it seems that Barry Allen may have broken into NASA and is using 3D printers to help make the outfit protect him when running at super speed.
>>
>>83959680

Sorry...
>>
>>83959296

There is going to be an entire cast of Atlanteans now, with Aquaman just being their Prince who is plagued by his own hubris.

You know how Thor is a mythological space god who is sent by his father the King to Earth to learn a lesson?

Aquaman is in no way like Thor, because he is from the ocean instead of space. Original!
>>
File: 5C0.gif (832KB, 256x250px) Image search: [Google]
5C0.gif
832KB, 256x250px
This movies are making me feel miserable... why Snyder is still in charge of the DCEU? Why?
>>
>>83959792
Ezra Miller being eccentric is not going crash this movie, you fucking weirdo.
>>
You guys complain about it being too dark and grim and when they add in some humor and LISTEN TO COMPLAINTS you bitch about them trying too hard and doing it "just because people didn't like BvS" yeah no shit?? You people will literally never be happy, and will always try and find something to bitch about and you already know you don't like Snyder movies so why don't you fuck off.
>>
>>83960241
>>83956280
lol ok
>>
>>83957577
"This is about the future of the world."
Any movie that says this with a straight face cannot be taken in good faith. That's some bad fucking writing.
>>
File: 1466536196881.jpg (60KB, 865x623px) Image search: [Google]
1466536196881.jpg
60KB, 865x623px
>>83956041
>>
>>83956191
>Lightning ears
>Lightning
Flash was wings. The lightning was for CW's suit.
>>
>>83956124
>Marvel heroes make quips in the middle of lifethreatening battles with death and destruction all around them
>DC heroes make quips in their downtime when they're just hanging out

They didnt go full retard! Never go full Marvel!
>>
>>83960488
Yeah you're right, I expect either really. My point is that it shouldnt be a stupid helmet decal
>>
>>83957391
>crazy lunatic Batman
>depressed Superman

Yeah thats a deconstruction. Keep memeing though faggot
>>
https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/745323346951348224
Is he right /co/?
>>
no bingo?

>>83960605

he isn't wrong....
>>
File: barry.jpg (93KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
barry.jpg
93KB, 640x360px
>>83956280

>A very attractive Jewish boy

This line feels kind of awkward given that Comic Barry looks like a member of the Hitler youth.
>>
>>83960336
None of that seems bad to me. Very DCAU Wally West. Of course it's Barry Allen, but the two are almost interchangeable.
>>
>>83960728
>Spiderman existed in CW so now people will call a funny Flash a ripoff
just
>>
>>83960549
I fully agree. Decals a shit.
>>
>>83956041
It'd by weird for Snyderverse Batman to suddenly stop using guns and going lethal the moment aliens invade and the whole world is in trouble. Hopefully we'll have scenes of him having changed his ways when dealing with average thugs now.
>>
>>83960718

Ezra don't look like comic Barry though, and thats probably good

Most of the DCU looks like the Aryan Brotherhood
>>
File: headache.jpg (19KB, 160x211px) Image search: [Google]
headache.jpg
19KB, 160x211px
>>83961015
>Batman: Black hair blue eyes
>Supes: Black hair blue eyes
>Wonder Woman: Black hair blue eyes
>Flash: Blonde hair blue eyes/Red hair green eyes
>GL: Brown hair green eyes/Black skin, green eyes/Black hair green eyes
>Aquaman: Blonde hair blue eyes
Go back to tumblr
>
>>
>>83961116
I'm not agreeing with him but
>Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman are the entire DC universe
>>
>>83958048
>Believable Sci-fi
>DC Comics
Pick one you stupid faggot
>>
>>83960718
>>>/tv/71109734
>>
>>83957156

Blame the Super Friends and the Silver Age being looked upon so poorly after the fact.

It made it impossible for them to embrace lighthearted stories and tones without fear of ridicule. Especially in the case of characters like Aquaman.
>>
>>83961159
They are the best representation. Besides Booster, what are some aryan big name characters? The bat family is all black hair blue eyes (besides Steph and Babs), and they get the best representation.
>>
>>83957282

That's because most criticisms these days can be boiled down to "Well Marvel did this...." or "Not muh ______"
>>
>>83956124
>or rather full marvel.
So JL will be worse than BvS, got it, they learned nothing.
>>
File: 1358067728068.jpg (78KB, 437x425px) Image search: [Google]
1358067728068.jpg
78KB, 437x425px
>>83960605
>Learn by example from Marvel!
>REEEEEEEEEE MARVEL DID IT FIRST!
>>
So trailer when?
>>
>>83961116

I'm just saying, if you put Aquaman, The Flash, Booster Gold, Animal Man and Green Arrow in a room without their costumes you might have trouble identifying who's who without going snow blind
>>
>>83956124
>While still a Zack Snyder movie, the team has listened to some of the criticisms
Oh, man how many times have we heard this?
>>
File: Clf2LW2WYAAY8Yu.jpg:orig.jpg (46KB, 308x651px) Image search: [Google]
Clf2LW2WYAAY8Yu.jpg:orig.jpg
46KB, 308x651px
>>
>>83961638
Green arrow is the one with the pirate gotee
>>
>>83961726
i guess that codpiece is that weird drawing we saw yesterday
>>
>>83960488
When did they kill Black Canary?
>>
>>83961860
Arrow Season 4
>>
File: 1395988171095.jpg (63KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
1395988171095.jpg
63KB, 242x208px
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/set-visit-everything-you-need-to-know-about-zack-snyders-justice-league-228
>LOL THEY SMILED AND MADE JOKES! THAT SUPERFICIAL BRAND OF POINTLESS PANDERING TO MY MANCHILD CORE MEANS THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO BE AWEEESOMEEE!!!!!

It's over, the retards won. I'm not implying these DCEU movies shouldn't have some levity, but this is what the blogger nu-males want now. More camp packed with more winks & nods than anonymous gay sex in a public bathroom.
>>
>>83961638
Eh, I think Marvel has it worse when it comes to blond blue-eyed guys. I remember when Romita Jr was drawing the Avengers and I could never tell Cap, Pym and Johnny apart.
>>
File: Wonder Woman Watches BVS.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman Watches BVS.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>>83961935
Honestly they probably want a coherent movie where motivations make sense, dialogue isn't painful to listen to and performances aren't dull.

But you know, 2deep4u.
>>
>>83959344
Wait, did DC seriously change logo AGAIN? Jesus fuck.
>>
File: 1463521386800.jpg (56KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1463521386800.jpg
56KB, 400x400px
>>83962060
yes & it's much better. go suck a cuck.
>>
File: tv continue its quest.png (136KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
tv continue its quest.png
136KB, 720x480px
>>83956124
>>
>>83961557
>Learn by example from Marvel!
But Motherboxes were from New Gods which are substantially above any Marvel publication ever
>>
>>83961935
>Superhero movies shouldn't be fun!
Oh fuck off with that shit. I do agree that it's probably going to feel forced after how seriously MoS and BvS took themselves, but there is nothing wrong in theory with a DC movie actually being more lighthearted fun.

The problem is, Snyder kind of fucked up the tone right from the get-go. By this point, there'd be a huge tonal whiplash if they decided to go with a more fun movie for JL now. Maybe for other DC properties they could actually try to have a more fun mood but JL should just be about the same as MoS. Not as dark as BvS but MoS sounds about right.
>>
>>83956280
It's not awful. I'm glad he can do the slo-mo quicksilver "world through his eyes" thing instead of just being an Avengers 2 ass clown.
>>
>>83958917
>I thought more people would have mentioned it by now
you extremely over estimate /co/
>>
>>83962098
I am extremely confident we are still going to get moments like this.

Snyder has never made a lighthearted movie in his life and that includes a CGI borefest about Owls.
>>
>>83962122
>the slo-mo quicksilver "world through his eyes" thing instead of just being an Avengers 2 ass clown.
AoU Quicksilver did do the slow-mo thing though.
>>
>>83962098
>Oh fuck off with that shit. I do agree that it's probably going to feel forced after how seriously MoS and BvS took themselves, but there is nothing wrong in theory with a DC movie actually being more lighthearted fun.

it's going to be about as much forced as shoving a dog's face in their own shit.
>>
>>83962189
I like how the initial explosion wasn't enough for him to turn around, it was when the explosions didn't stop he decided to check.
>>
>>83962189
GAH

Every time I see this shit, I'm reminded of how MoS could've been way better if they had done a few things differently.

How the fuck is Superman not trying to stop such huge collateral damage even remotely justifiable?

Can't wait for another mature comic book superhero movie for a mature person such as myself.
>>
>>83962258
He's a novice anon. How else is he supposed to know? People can only learn that things are bad after witnessing them first hand. There is no such thing as being able to be taught things by family and friends! It's not like the character traditionally has an implicit compassion that compels him to care about people and the world around himself and humanity, right?
/sarcasm.
>>
>>83957233
>not smiling = villian

everything they say about comic readers is right
>>
>>83962189
He needed to witness first-hand that gasoline explodes before he could decide that gasoline explodes
>>
>>83962336
Fuck Snyder.
>>
>>83962368
You're delusional if you think that design isn't villainous.
>>
>>83962189
>>83962417
>>83962336
>>83962258
if he had caught that truck it would have blown up on him and he would have been down for the count, something that is completely consistent with the smallville fight and the explosion at the other side of the world before the fight
not even defending the movie
>>
>>83962463
He COULD'VE at least tried to pick it up and toss it out of Metropolis or something.
>>
>>83958407
Hey, Annie, good to see you here.
>>
>>83962453
>tattoos+armor+long hair+not smiling = villainous

your whole "point" is made on the guy not smiling

if the picture had been him sitting on a rock at a beach during midday you wouldn't be saying anything. you are straight up equating not smiling to villainous, as clothes themselves don't mean jack shit unless you truly believe in a light color/dark color dichotomy
>>
>>83962463
There is a very high chance that there are people in that parking garage that's at least 9 stories tall and looks like an entire city block.

What a hero. He made no attempt to even stop it.

And /co/ wonders why anyone defends MCU movies with collateral damage when they actively show the protagonists saving civilians. The only time he gives a single fuck was when Zod'll kill that family and by then, Superman himself is the cause of more deaths than a single family.
>>
>>83960558
>didnt pay attention to the movie

alright fag
>>
>>83962463
>The scene where Clark fights the world engine is beautiful because of how selfless he is!
>But in this later scene he obviously has to give up any sort of self-sacrifice ideal, why would he want to be hurt lol
>>
>>83962453
How? It seems reminiscent of 90's Aquaman, who I'm pretty sure wasn't a villain.
>>
>>83962481
he's not that strong
no matter what zod gets an advantage, depending on the specific outcome he gets a huge one

for what? to appease some imaginary complaint
>>
>>83962540
I never said anything about smiling, you fucking idiot. But long black and white hair, tattoos, and a "fucking surface dwellers" expression is villainous yes.
>>
>>83962570
>that's not what i'm saying at all

really, what do you think would happen if he goes down for a half a minute
>>
File: 1458134801111.jpg (268KB, 785x887px) Image search: [Google]
1458134801111.jpg
268KB, 785x887px
>>83962589
>guy is able to stand up with the weight of the entire planet being blasted directly onto him by the World Engine wave
>not strong enough to catch two trailers of gasoline
>>
>>83962618
>I never said anything about smiling,
>"fucking surface dwellers" expression
>I never said anything about smiling
>"fucking surface dwellers" expression

= villainous

air tight broseph
>>
>>83962589
>he's not that strong
By the time that fight happens, he's certainly that strong.

The problem is speed really but I'm pretty sure by that point, he could fly and Zod couldn't.

I'm just saying, he could've made the effort.
>>
File: 1458169467885.jpg (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458169467885.jpg
179KB, 1280x720px
>>83962585
Do you not see the differences between 90s Aquaman and DCEU Aquaman?
>>
File: 1312049261903.jpg (4KB, 144x160px) Image search: [Google]
1312049261903.jpg
4KB, 144x160px
>>83956041
>a JL movie with marvel-tier character interactions and snyder-tier visuals

oh gee, I sure am mad.
>>
>>83962653
>entire weight of the planet

bro, what the fuck do you think would have been happening to the planet if an equal weight was being dropped on it
are you serious
>>
>>83962663
You can look serious without looking like you're ready to commit genocide, so I still haven't said anything about smiling.
>>
>>83962674
it aint the exact same but the biggest differences are literally hair and skin colour and number of appendages
>>
>>83956280
>he's fast!
>>
>>83962676
>he actually believes any of this PR shit
lmao
>>
>>83962703
>>
>>83958044
its a metaphor you dumb fuck
>>
>>83962674
I said "reminiscent of", not "exactly like" 90's Aquaman.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>83962693
It is an energy wave being sent through the planet that only crushes whats on the exterior of it, after all.
>>
File: praise be.png (134KB, 527x831px) Image search: [Google]
praise be.png
134KB, 527x831px
>>83956041
I'm still more hyped for Infinity War than Justice League, the Russos are doing things right.
>>
>>83962638
Nothing, Zod would keep punching him down like he did the whole time, and Clark wouldn't really be injured by that since after the entire "brutal" fight he doesn't have even a scratch on him or on the costume

>But Zod said he was going to kill everybody!

And he never pursued said promise until he the script decided he had to threaten that one family

But your question and my answers are pointless, there's no reason a writer couldn't find a way for Clark to either dispose of the truck or get the hit and then recover in time to take on Zod again. All this talk of "what if..." and "but then X would happen" is retarded, we're talking about a movie, not a documentary strictly following real life events, if Clark was in a moral corner during the whole fight is only because the script and director deliberately (or accidentally) made it so. We're questioning said decisions and you people come in saying "but that would break the logic i specifically constructed to justify these destruction porn scenes!"

And you know what's funny? I'm mentioning the script here, but i'm 99% sure there was no page were Goyer or whoever wrote "Zod throws a gas-tank at Superman but he avoids the attack, making the building behind him collapse for no good reason", this is just a simple situation where Zack Snyder thought it would be cool to see a big-ass explosion and didn't bother to justify it's existence properly, because that's what Zack Snyder does
>>
>>83962884
Thank you based Russos
>>
>>83962884
THANK YOU BASED RUSSOS
>>
>>83962050
every motivation in BvS made sense. Im sorry if you just couldnt understand it.
>>
>>83962481
>superhero movies HAVE to be fun

oh fuck off with this shit
>>
>>83962851
yes, in a radius of something around a fourth of a mile,

in your own life, what happens when to objects of equal mass make contact?
its unreasonable to think of that scene as the literal weight of the world as the world be literally breaking
>>
>>83962902
you're right, all of this is pointless as there is no reason for any writer to do the opposite of what is already there, as this whole talk of 'he should have done x' is meaningless
>>
File: 1298018407913.jpg (17KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
1298018407913.jpg
17KB, 350x277px
>>83962749

I loved MoS and liked BvS, no matter how much its hated, I still am gonna get the Snyder JL movie I want.
>>
>>83962976
Ah. My mistake.
https://youtu.be/wukyrxavkJo?t=66
>>
>>83963024
i thought mos was decent and was genuinely into bvs i have ... a huge influence on all the pasta, but none of the memes, just to be clear

so far what we're getting of justice league seems like they saw people's reactions and dropped everything, only keeping what they have to in regards of logical narrative consistency

at least the comments made about batman literally confirm everything i've been saying about bruce's arc in bvs
>>
>>83963013
The complaint isn't pointless, because the movie tries to enstablish Superman as a (duh) superhero but fails thanks to moments where he appears so careless about the lives he's supposedly protecting

And if you're going to say "but the point is that he's a *flawed* superhero!" then the movie fails to enstablish that too, because there's nothing in it aknowledging such a thing, there's nothing about how Superman didn't save exactly everybody and that he shouldn't be blamed for it because it's his first day, all we have commenting Superman's "performance" as an hero is a character going "he saved us! :D"
>>
>>83962976
>in your own life, what happens when to objects of equal mass make contact?

From my experience, the guy with the shittier footing bounces back and gets hit in the head with the yoga ball he was carrying.
>>
ALL I WANT TO SEE IS A PROMOTIONAL IMAGE OF AMBER HEARD AS MERA IN THE SUIT
>>
>>83956041
>Amber Heard is still playing Mera
How long until she accuses Arthur of abuse to blackmail him for half of Atalntis in divorce court?
>>
>>83963156
i don't buy into this carelessness you're claiming is in the movie

it's simply an entirely alien situation that a guy tries to deal with regardless of his inexperience with his own abilities and with highly volatile situations

i'm not defending that moment, i'm saying that there's nothing to pick apart there and if we do the points i have brought up are just as valid
there are simply no stakes in regards to heroism in that moment, had we been explicitly shown people standing behind superman, your argument would actually have merit.
btw 'he saved us' was before the fight
>>
http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs/2016/06/20/482318261/vikings-choice-touch-amor-palm-dreams
>>
>>83958000
>“I love the characters, and maybe to a fault sometimes, I dork out on the hardcore aspects of the comic books,” said Snyder.

wew lad
>>
>>83963347
Wrong thread?
>>
File: 1456537405920.jpg (15KB, 352x329px) Image search: [Google]
1456537405920.jpg
15KB, 352x329px
>>83958093
Not bad at all, Boco.

Not bad at all.
>>
>>83957391
It certainly deconstructed my good mood.
I just want a non-shit Superman film. Please.
>>
>>83963287
>all this talk of the costume
This please, I need to see it
>>
>>83963144

desu storywise I never expect much from the big movies were they all come together, they are mainly for character fanservice and interactions which is more than enough for me. Which is why I expect way more from the solo movies.

>at least the comments made about batman literally confirm everything i've been saying about bruce's arc in bvs

same, Batmans and Supermans character-arcs are done, superman found his place on earth and batman found hope again, no need for more dark and gritty on their part, well maybe except for batman because that is just his thing.
>>
File: Mera_Prime_Earth_0009.jpg (391KB, 756x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Mera_Prime_Earth_0009.jpg
391KB, 756x1120px
>>83963443
I need to see that woman in this sexy as fuck suit, for god''s sakes.
>>
File: baitx.jpg (368KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
baitx.jpg
368KB, 3000x3000px
>>83958003
>Neither bvs or mos has plot holes
XD XD XD XD
>>
>>83963616
not that dawg but what were some in MoS? im trying to think of some but all i can think of was how did the kents convince that woman to not blab about clark after saving the bus
>>
In the clip Barry returns to his apartment, which is like a big warehouse space. There’s grafitti on the walls and a dozen TVs. He turns on a sparking fuse box to bring light to the place and the TVs jump to life. He walks into the main room and sees Bruce Wayne sitting in a chair.

“Barry Allen, I’m Bruce Wayne.”

“You say that like it explains why you’re sitting in my place in the dark in my second favorite chair,” says Barry.

Bruce, dressed impeccably, gets up and approaches the younger man. He holds out a printout of a screenshot of that Flash mpeg from BvS. He asks is Barry knows who that is.

“That’s someone who looks exactly like me but isn’t me,” Barry says. “He looks like a very attractive Jewish boy. He drinks milk, though, I don’t drink milk.”

Bruce tells Barry he thinks he has special skills.

“Sure,” Barry says. “I can code. I know sign language. Gorilla sign language.”

Bruce looks at the Flash costume that is mounted right in the middle of the room. “And this?”

“I’m into competitive ice dancing,” Barry says.

Bruce notes that the costume includes ceramic plates, the kind they use to keep the space shuttle from burning up on reentry.

“Very competitive ice dancing,” Barry says.

Then Bruce spins around and throws a batarang. Everything goes into slomo except for Barry, who quite casually steps out of the way of the oncoming blade. He slowly looks at Bruce, at the batarang, and plucks it out of the air. Everything returns to normal speed.

“You’re the Batman!” Barry says. “Can I keep this?”

“You’re fast,” Bruce replies.

“I think that’s underselling it,” Barry says.

“I’m gathering people with special abilities. There’s a great enemy coming -”

“I’m in!” blurts Barry.

Bruce is taken aback. So quickly?

“I need friends,” Barry says.

And scene.
QUIIIIIIIIIPS
>>
>>83958000
>humor = good
>>
File: manhunter.jpg (57KB, 565x714px) Image search: [Google]
manhunter.jpg
57KB, 565x714px
So.

No J'onn?
>>
>>83963787
Christ
>>
File: 1400779908734.jpg (44KB, 349x466px) Image search: [Google]
1400779908734.jpg
44KB, 349x466px
>>83963843
>>
>>83956041
>he feels like he didn’t honor him while alive
YOU DON'T SAY.
>>
>>83963914
Shit, is Goyer writing Justice League?
>>
File: 1405161239507.gif (2MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1405161239507.gif
2MB, 300x200px
>>83963914
>>83964023
I looked the whole thing up, and who that man is.

That is sad.

I am sad now.
>>
>>83956325
>This much cringe
MCUcks everyone.
>>
>>83963787
>Flash shouldn't throw quips
Are you insane
>>
>>83956967
>this much desperation
sweet MCUck tears.
>>
>>83964233
Tears of laughter?
>>
>>83956065
>A cool picture inside the Batjet
>Batjet

Which hack who doesn't comics was brought to the set to report on this?
>>
>>83964218

Me? This is a direct quote from a clip shown to people visiting the set.
>>
>>83956615
>or hell Starro

Starro should be the fucking villain IMO.

He could be done so spectacularly as this dark Lovecraftian monster who gets his big eye punched in by the Justice League.
>>
>>83960828

Batman started to go lethal after the alien invasion, not before.
>>
File: 1429243002963.jpg (46KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
1429243002963.jpg
46KB, 420x500px
>>83959504
>a car with spider legs
God, that's so fucking dumb. I'm really excited for this movie and I'm psyched about all this news, but Jesus this spidermobile thing is just bananas. Maybe it will make more sense onscreen?
>>
>>83962050

>Honestly they probably want a coherent movie where motivations make sense, dialogue isn't painful to listen to and performances aren't dull.

Why The Avengers were so successful then?
>>
>>83957747
>BvS can't be a Tragedy, because a Tragedy is about the downfall of the main character to some combination of internal and external forces.
>Superman isn't the main character of BvS. Batman is
>Not realising that the film is about the downfall of Batman

How much of a fucking idiot are you?!
>>
>>83957608
>I was trapped in the bathroom
>For Two MONTHS!?
>Heh, yeah
>>
>>83957052
>And somehow, the Humans outplayed the Atlanteans and Amazon.comians for the next X,000 years
>>
>>83958487
>he's a humble dude raised in Kansas.

This is why most Superman fanboys piss me the fuck off.

What's interesting about Superman is that he's a fucking Sun-God. All Star Superman is by far the best Superman story ever written because it embraces that. Hell even The Dark Knight Returns embraces that aspect of Superman too, while still using Superman as an antagonist.

You probably enjoyed Superman American Alien too.

Also, calling him an everyman is fucking stupid. While he possibly wants to be an everyman, and his secret identity is him trying to pretend to be an everyman he is literally the polar opposite of that.
>>
>>83957233
He's literally Roman Reigns in the DC Universe
>Guy Aquaman is so rad! Look at how badass he is! Please like Aquaman, guys!
>>
>>83959186
>DC movies are, I think, by their nature still a little bit more Gothic or more mythic rather than some comic book movies are

Based Batfleck!
>>
>>83965176
Hey man, we all have like, our own reasons for liking Superman.
>>
>>83959384

Hoping Watchtower. Hall of Justice had it's time back in the day but has been replaced for ages now, and in my opinion doesn't make sense with our modern views.
>>
>>83964156
Bruce realizing writing in the dream world is fucked up, right?
Great episode.
>>
>>83957233
It's the lighting.

No light underwater hurr but the set visit confirmed his costume is in traditional colors including golden scale armor
>>
>>83965176
All Star Superman devotes an entire issue to his humble Kansas upbringing, and focuses on the idea that he's still a optimistic farmboy even with his godlike power.
>>
>>83965335

Tell me a better Superman story than All Star Superman?
>>
>>83962972
Well, it would at least make me like them
>>
>>83965658
Dig Now Die Later
>>
>>83965504

You mean when Superman goes back in time so he can be there when his father dies Yeah, that episode is about his farmboy routes, not about establishing the legacy of Superman (which is the crux of the entire story).

Also me saying that "Clark Kent being a humble farmboy is boring and only Superfanboys like Max Landis enjoy it" is not the same as me saying there should never be reference to his upbringing in Kansas.
>>
File: 1447641996119.jpg (62KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1447641996119.jpg
62KB, 680x680px
>>83956041
snyder is still directing it so its automatically shit until further notice.
>>
>>83965658
I can't say that there's a better story than All-Star Superman, there are ones I enjoyed more but idk about quality I'm not good at judging that stuff. It's irrelevant though. You're saying your interpretation of Superman is fact and the best because All-Star is the best Superman comic? Come on.
I like Superman because he is an extremely powerful alien, but he was raised by nice parents in a small Kansas town so he is humble and kind.
If you like Superman because he's an all-powerful Sun-God with the power to change the world that's fine. Neither of us are wrong.
>>
Mixed bag really. I liked BvS and am really looked forward to the Ultimate Cut next week. The humour is ok as it seems to be coming from Barry which makes sense, although I think BvS had a fair bit of humour in it which people seem to ignore. The idea that they're deliberately backing away from being deconstructionist is disappointing. It was really the most interesting thing about BvS. The details of the Flash costume and his powers sound really interesting, and with Snyder behind the camera should look amazing. Kinda sucks that Superman is getting sidelined, hopefully his 3rd act return is appropriately triumphant and awe-inspiring.
>>
File: bullets for this cannon.jpg (356KB, 900x2049px) Image search: [Google]
bullets for this cannon.jpg
356KB, 900x2049px
>>83965176
>All Star rejects the everyman and humble Kansas guy image
Hahaha holy shit what?
>>
>>83965794

I'm not saying it rejects it I'm saying it doesn't embrace that aspect. It embraces the Sun God aspect of Superman (which is why it's good).

Superman stories which embrace the humble farmboy from Kansas are basically bad Spider-man stories which only massive Superman-fanboys enjoy. Also, I'm not saying that his upbringing should be ignored, I'm saying that when stories focus on them they become incredibly boring.

>>83965760

Sensibly spoke. Though may I inquire what your favorite Superman story is?
>>
>>83956124
fuck off snyder shill
>>
>>83956041
I'm glad Batman is making the JL and we are not going to see much Superman. He was the worst part of BvS.
I hope we can see more badass Batman saving the world
>>
>>83966370
Well he was the worst part because Snyder doesn't know how to make him good
>>
>people STILL hating on BvS because of the portrayal of Supes and Bats
>not understanding that Bruce was supposed to be full of rage and clearly not in his prime
>JL sees him now restored, full of hope, as the Batman from the comics
>Clark's ultimate sacrifice in BvS not only saves the world, but also saves Bruce and reminds him that "men are still good"
>Clark isn't constantly smiling and speaking because he's literally experiencing an existential crisis and the world is rejecting him
>Clark, too, is not yet at the point of being the iconic Superman from the comics
>BvS develops both Bruce and Clark to finally reach this point, giving them a complex development story rather than just immediately having them at their prime
Just wait for Clark to return in the third act of JL with that beautiful Zimmer MoS theme playing and completely embodying the Superman we all want.
>>
File: superman (5).jpg (80KB, 400x309px) Image search: [Google]
superman (5).jpg
80KB, 400x309px
I actually LIKED both MoS and BvS, in spite of a couple huge flaws.

But what the fuck, this sounds like complete trash. It sounds like they're backing away from BvS to be more straightforward but not enough to be completely rid of the themes.

All I fucking wanted was a big simple fight movie that took itself seriously while not pretending the comics are dumb.

>>83966821
I'm not saying MoS or BvS were great or anything, but it's very telling that the people most critical of them seem to not even understand the most basic themes or fundamentals of storytelling.

I mean, is part of that Snyder's fault for not conveying them correctly? Absolutely, but it doesn't require a magnifying glass to get what they were shooting for.
>>
>>83966821
>BvS wasn't bad because of how the rest of this plays out in my headcanon
>>
>>83967051
>to get what they were shooting for.
>Movies are good because they had potential that was wasted. Ideas matter not execution.
>>83966821
Nice fanfiction.
>>
File: 4207212-the-90’s-mullet.jpg (142KB, 587x327px) Image search: [Google]
4207212-the-90’s-mullet.jpg
142KB, 587x327px
>I thought it felt appropriate for this world we've created. In a way, uh, his hair is reminiscent of Christ, and the black suit, besides being realistic, symbolizes death. Uh, Superman has conquered Death itself as Jesus rose from Hell and is now ready to fight the Devil or in our case Darkseid.
>>
>>83967051
People are just dumb, anon. An easy way to distinguish between the dumb and the not is their reaction to the Martha scene.
>OUR MUM'S HAVE THE SAME NAME?
>YEP
>DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS?
>YEP!
vs.
>Bruce would clearly react to hearing his mum's name, especially under such circumstances
>Consumed by rage, on a hunt for this apparently all-powerful "god"
>Realises this all-powerful "god" actually isn't one
>Realises Clark is just a man, has a mother, humanising Clark in Bruce's eyes
>Bruce couldn't save his Martha, his entire life has revolved around the death of his parents, and if there's a chance he can spare the same happening to someone else, he's going to save Clark's Martha

>>83967112
>>83967161
I'm sorry BvS required even a fraction of analysis and understanding that you just didn't get it. Stick to MCU's turn-off-your-brain formulaic stories instead.
>>
>>83964357
Hell yeah.

Normies and mainstreamers act like he's ridiculous I guess, but he is actually legitimately creepy and unsettling as fuck.
>>
>>83967286
>it's not head canon it's just yet-to-be-confirmed grand analysis
>>
>>83965658
Red Son
>>
>>83967342
>Another change about Batman in Justice League is that he’s trying to redeem himself from his experiences in the last film. Affleck says “Batman definitely went to a very dark place that was rooted in trauma that occurred to people that he loved and worked with and what he saw. This movie is not about that issue for him so much anymore, he’s no longer sort of extreme in that way. From the experiences of the last movie, he’s sort of learned and now he’s sort of wanting to redeem himself and wanting mankind to be redeemed and he’s wanting to make the world better.”

>"Justice League is about the purpose of being a hero. Batman was hit hard by the death of Superman and he feels like he didn’t honor him while alive. He wants to make it up to him and also protect the planet from an incoming threat."

>Affleck was playing him with hope and an inner fire and a clear desire to protect the people and planet from whatever might be coming by surrounding himself with powerful people. I loved everything about this scene and it was a smart move for Snyder to show it 17 months before release, because if this is the type of movie he’s making, fans are going to be very happy.

>"He's a little bit more sardonic, a little more irony," Affleck told reporters. "He's a little more of a man on a mission this time. As opposed to, he was so full of anger because of what happened at the Black Zero Event. That sort of rage that possessed him. And now he’s on a mission to get this group together; to constitute this League. But more of that sort of Bruce Wayne, wry, ironic gallows humor comes out. He's not like a 'haha' jokey, but that sort of stuff comes out a little bit. A bit of his darker humor is present."

I don't get why you're in denial? Don't you want JL to be a good movie?
>>
>>83957233
He just needs more color imo. That photo obviously looks like it's been grayed out; he needs some green and orange/bronze in there and it'll be perfect.
>>
>>83967286
Do you guys think these movies are flawless, or you're just upset that people hate them?

I don't think they're the worst thing ever, but you still see the flaws in disco-tech music around Doomsday, right?
>>
>>83967286
The premise was sound, the execution was flawed, that's why people laugh at this scene, this movie, this universe, and this director.
>>
>>83959163
I'm just glad that the Atlanteans are still white and Aquaman is indeed a halfbreed, which is why he looks different.
>>
>>83967427
>Do you guys think these movies are flawless, or you're just upset that people hate them?
The latter.

I hated all the lightning during the Doomsday fight. I wanted Doomsday to have more spikes. Complaints about Lex are justifiable too, to a degree.

>>83967467
What was wrong with the execution?
>>
>>83967410
>Another change about Batman in Justice League is that he’s trying to redeem himself from his experiences in the last film. Affleck says “Batman definitely went to a very dark place that was rooted in trauma that occurred to people that he loved and worked with and what he saw. This movie is not about that issue for him so much anymore, he’s no longer sort of extreme in that way. From the experiences of the last movie, he’s sort of learned and now he’s sort of wanting to redeem himself and wanting mankind to be redeemed and he’s wanting to make the world better.”
Basically a straight up middle finger to TDKR, then?
>>
>>83967427
It wasn't even vaguely disco tech music.
Honestly it sounded kinda Arabic which I think fit Wonder Woman.
>>
File: 420blazeit.jpg (127KB, 550x410px) Image search: [Google]
420blazeit.jpg
127KB, 550x410px
>>83967342
This is the kind of person I'm talking about. Literally unable to glean anything from a scene that isn't explicitly spelled out for you, and sometimes even when it is you still don't get it.

>>83967427
They're absolutely flawed. I think literally everything involving Luthor, Doomsday and Wonder Woman in BvS should never have been in there, for example, all of it was horrid.

At first I hated how Batman was done until I realized the movie was supposed to be the anti-TDKR, and I think it does that pretty well. If all of the Justice League lead in crap was cut they could have had more time to make the central premise clear to the audience.

What makes me mad is people complaining about things they didn't even understand and shitting on the movie for the wrong reasons. Mostly people who don't read comics outside of stuff like All-Star Superman and Batman OGNs and think they know shit about these characters.

I wouldn't even say they're GOOD movies, but I have to give them credit for taking their subject matter seriously and trying to do something a little more complex, something I think is only shared with The Incredible Hulk movie and Winter Soldier.
>>
>>83956280
jesus.....
>>
>>83962463
In BvS a bomb explodes in his face and he is just there like nothing happened.

How is this different?

Don't just justify destruction porn
>>
So apparently JL part 2 is cancelled now? Or going to be a sequel but not a second part?

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/681951/Justice-League-standalone-plot-details-Batman-Superman-Zack-Snyder-Ben-Affleck

>When asked on set whether they were filming just Part One, Deborah revealed it was just a standalone movie.

>She said: “We’re only ever planning and we we are only doing Justice League, just Justice League. One movie.”

Maybe a stealth way of getting rid of Zack Snyder after this movie.
>>
>>83967493
The scene or the movie? Because the whole movie was pretty terribly edited, so much so that there were extra scenes added to the internet after the fact to make sense of it all.

For the scene itself, it still didn't reinforce the fact that Batman is a jaded, bitter 50+ year old man with +40 years of crime fighting vigilantism under his belt. A better way to show what you were saying about being filled with rage hunting a "god" without a mom, even though in and of itself is a flawed premise to go from though we're not arguing that right now, would have been to NOT say save "Martha" first, but rather "save my mom", have batman laugh manically, not believing this "god", hesitate for a split second before raising his spear(you know, show that even in his hate-filled revenge scenario maybe there is still good in batman) and then have Superman say "save Martha". Que Batman freaking out and lois lane coming in to reinforce the fact that, yes, you fucking idiot, superman isn't just super, but a man with a mom, who just so happens to be coincidentally named the same as your mom.
>>
>>83967427

Not the same poster but as someone who loved Batman v Superman I wanted to add in my two cents.

It isn't even that people hate them. There are certain criticisms which while I don't mind I can totally see people having. Mainly the editing of the film, the portrayal of Lex being very different from anything we've seen before, and CIA Olsen.

But most of the complaints are "MARTHA!" Or the fact that Gal Gadot isn't buff enough. Or something else equally inane. It always seems like I watched a completely different movie than everyone else or that everyone else has the critical thought capabilities of a hamster.

>>83967297

With the mood of the DCEU thus far Starro could be so fucking terrifying, especially him mind-controlling people with his spores.
>>
>seems JL will make the DCEU more like actual DC comics
>/co/ looses their shit
>but /co/ loved Rebirth which basically did the same thing
if this thread isn't proof that /tv/ fags flood /co/ whenever cape shit is announced then nothing will. fuck off back to your own shitty board.
>>
>>83967799
Terrio said a while back that he was only contracted for one JL movie. I think the original announcement of 2 parts was just WB getting ahead of themselves.
>>
>>83967534
How the fuck does arabic fit in at all with Wonder woman? Are you speaking in general or for this jewnder woman?
>>
>>83967612
>something I think is only shared with The Incredible Hulk movie and Winter Soldier.

They're the only two MCU movies which don't rely on irony to tell a story.

It's what I've enjoyed about the two DCEU films thus far. They are showing you the characters in a way which takes the subject seriously.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1466149600714.jpg (59KB, 720x948px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466149600714.jpg
59KB, 720x948px
I cant be the only one who cant take this dumb motherfucker Ezra Miller seriously as the Flash. Who though this would be a good idea?
>>
>>83967985
Honestly, I feel like Gosling could've made a great traditional Aquaman.

Probably could've been a good Barry too.

Here's hoping he's cast as Hal Jordan.
>>
>>83967985
Grant also looks/acts nothing like Barry.
>>
>>83967897

Not the poster you're responding too. But I would say the music had a Mediterranean flair which definitely DOES fit with Wonder Woman.
>>
>>83967861
Could you imagine Despero in this movie? There are so many great villains they could have used instead of jumping straight to Apokolips. It's also gonna be stupid if guys like Lightray and Orion don't show up on Earth, and they would take away screentime from the JLA.

>>83967883
Are you joking? The whole problem is this is LESS like the comics. Say what you will about MoS and BvS, but they were very close to what was in the comics. And don't give me the Man of Murder or Manslaughter Batman shit, because you obviously don't know shit if you think those were never done in mainstream continuity comics.
>>
>>83965898
My favorite I think is Superman: Brainiac also another one that isn't really classic or iconic or even really focused on Superman, but it's nice, is Superman/Supergirl: Maelstrom.
>>
>>83968026
>Say what you will about MoS and BvS, but they were very close to what was in the comics.
You and I read very different DC comics.
>>
>>83968017
I'm not talking about fucking Grant. My complaint is with Ezra Miller himself. Its like the didnt even try. I originally didnt like Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman (I still kind of dont) but they made it work somewhat. Ezra Miller as the Flash feels like a joke to me
>>
>>83968026
Batman doesn't kill. Superman smiles.
>>
>>83968023
I agree on the Mediterranean feel. Huge Wondiefag here and though I like the song musically, it's extremely inappropriate for the character and kind of confirmed to me that my fears of how they were gonna depict her were justified.

Not the Mediterranean style, the way it sounds very violent and 300-like is the problem.
>>
>>83968083
The whole thing is a joke, anon. One big universal fuck you to people who enjoy DC.
>>
>>83967985
>dumb motherfucker
People who say this always sound 12 to me.
>>
>>83968114
What a shame, because I really did like Man of Steel. The BvS comes along and slaps the fuck out of me. Killed any optimism I had for this movie franchise
>>
>>83968111
What the fuck is wrong with you.
There is NOTHING wrong with focusing on her epic god warrior side.
>>
>>83968083

Barry Allen's hair color is totally fucking irrelevant. I'm wondering if you complained about Matt Murdock's hair color being wrong in the TV series too?

Also, they've basically given Barry the enthusiasm of Wally since New 52, it isn't quite the same and Barry is still definitely more of a "do gooder" than Wally, but the wit has been transferred to Barry because it makes him a more likeable character and a better fit to the Justice League.

The problem with introducing Wally instead of Barry is that Wally is a Legacy character, and you can't establish Wally without establishing Barry first.

>what about Jay Garrick

If you actually read the comics you'll know that Jay Garrick Flash was Barry's inspiration as Jay Garrick was a COMIC BOOK character in Silver Age Flash until Flash of two worlds. Wally literally replaced an actual person, Barry got inspiration from a fictional character.
>>
>>83968084
The whole point of the movie is that Batman is so disillusioned that he is basically killing guys and telling himself it doesn't count. Like I said, it's the anti-TDKR in how it depicts one of them betraying their ideals, and the other refusing to betray their ideals. It's just flipped with Batman the villain and Superman the hero in this instead of the other way around.

Also, while I would have had more scenes of Superman being pleasant to highlight the dichotomy between light and dark, being serious and troubled is nothing new for Superman. Read the Man of Steel comics, they're the basis for who Superman has been post-Crisis and who he is in the movie.
>>
>>83968111

The thing about the music is whether it's Wonder Woman's theme of the Justice Leagues theme?

Notice that the first time it plays is when Wonder Woman is looking over the files of the members of the Justice League, and it continues as Wonder Woman Superman and Batman fight Doomsday.
>>
>>83968214
It's the antithesis of the character.
>>
>>83968246
I didnt even mention the fucking hair color. Is everyone on this board fucking pants on head retarded?
>>
>>83968111
I hate the song but this si how I feel. It does not, in any way, capture WW.
>>
>>83968305
Nah, it's described on the soundtrack as her theme. It is a great song and if it's just her battle theme I can accept that. But fuck there better be some way better arrangements in her movie. Superman's themes and variations are excellent and range from heroic to peaceful to foreboding, Wonder Woman's definitely should as well.
>>
>>83968329
I love the people here and want to spread my love of comics to all of them, but yes, the majority are new and retarded.
>>
>>83968380

I'm imaging that in her solo movie we'll see more variations on her theme then.

>>83968329

Then what's your problem when all you have to base it off is how he looks?!

I will say this though. If Barry isn't seeing Iris West before he's struck by Speed-Force Lightning in the DCEU I'ma be pissed!
>>
>>83968255
What are you even talking about? Superman was NOT the bad guy and did NOT betray his ideals at all in TDKR. He made a choice based on the options presented to him and he chose to save the most people i.e. Krypton. Same with Batman. He didn't kill anyone in TDKR, so your argument is groundless.
>>
>>83968437
When I see an actor or actress cast, I expect them to remind me of that character. I can go look at Henry Cavill and go "Hey, thats Superman" or Ben Afflect and go thats Batman. I dont get that with Ezra at all. When I look at him, I see Michael jackson or some shit with that jawline. I have this same problem with Jessie Eisenburg as Lex. Do you get that characters vibes form the actor?
>>
>>83968458
I honestly don't know what the hell you're talking about but let me explain my view.

TDKR had Batman coming out of retirement because he believes he's needed and that something must be done. That's his ideals, standing his ground and fighting the scum of the streets.

Meanwhile Superman betrayed his ideals of fighting for the common man and serving no government. He allied with Reagan and upholds the government's ideals. In the end he fights Batman to preserve the authority of that government, because even though he believes in peace, his idea of what peace is has decayed to mean subservience.

In BvS, Superman is the one who struggles to uphold his belief in serving mankind. And Batman is the one whose belief in not killing has decayed to mean collateral losses are acceptable.
>>
>>83968519

When I was younger I used to do this. As I've matured I've seen actors I thought would do an amazing job do a terrible job, and actors I thought would do a terrible job do great.

I'm going to wait to see Justice League to determine whether or not Ezra Miller is good or bad as Barry Allen, but I will say that I think Ezra Miller is a good young actor and seems very enthusiastic to play the role so those things make me quite interested in him playing the Flash.

He could definitely still fuck it up, though. But I'm hopeful he doesn't.

If they'd cast a shitty actor to play the Flash I'd be right there with you though.
Thread posts: 518
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.