[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wonder woman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 24

File: wonder-woman-earth-one3.jpg (45KB, 437x273px) Image search: [Google]
wonder-woman-earth-one3.jpg
45KB, 437x273px
Why do so many people think she is some kind of angry man-hating feminazi?
>>
>>83950897
Because that's what they remember from the DCAU, where she was portrayed as Miss No Fun Allowed.
>>
>>83950897
Probably because she has no defining personality so you can shoehorn her into any role you please.
>>
>>83950897
well in most storys she starts off as something close to that she just learns to accept her preconceptions are wrong

also that 1 mansplaining line and everything else about that issue for that matter
>>
>>83950914
The one from the old justice league cartoons? She seemed kind of serious/classy but not angry.
>>
>>83950938
Or that time she lifted a guy and threw him out of the way while calling him a walking spetm bank.
>>
File: 1409595734383.jpg (41KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
1409595734383.jpg
41KB, 460x500px
>>83950920
>this shit again
This is why I avoid talking about Diana on /co/ as much as possible. There's just no discussing things with the willfully deluded.
>>
>>83950947
i dunno out of context that seems pretty cool
>>
>>83950952
She really doesnt have that well defined of a personality. Both batman and superman have a basic mold that most artists adhere to. Wonder woman is just sort of bland and morphs to whatever is needed at that time.
>>
>>83950970
Throwing random people into the street is cool?
>>
>>83950971
>She really doesnt have that well defined of a personality.
Yes she does. We've been over this a hundred times. You say she doesn't have a personality, those who have actually read her books give you a basic outline, you move the gaolposts and make up bullshit reasons why it doesn't count. Rinse, repeat, casuals once again prove what cancerous maggots they are.

Go read a book or kill yourself. I don't care anymore.
>>
>>83950983
well like i said out of context i just assumed it was a villan and it was a low window
>>
>>83950983
Better than snapping their necks.
>>
>>83951053
Tell that to Max Lord's snapped neck.
>>
>>83951018
Wow you are angry that she has no personality huh?
>>
>>83951022
Nope, she was just pissed and he was in the way. Some random guy going to work i assume.
>>
Because they don't know anything about her other than that she's a feminist icon. They just project what they think feminists are onto her.
>>
>>83951067
>tfw Diana will never snap your neck
>>
>>83951131
I would rather she choke my chicken
>>83951125
>#notallfeminists
>>
>>83951018
>those who have actually read her books give you a basic outline

And those who have read her books but aren't fanboy know that that basic outline means dick all and she's been characterized in a dickload of ways.

Marston Wonder Woman is about as fucking far as you can get from how she's often written.

Now fuck off, wanker. WW sucks, which is a pity, because she *could* be a good character. But she is not a good character. She sucks, and has sucked for ages.
>>
>>83951102
That was in ASBR is I recall right.
>>
>>83950897
They don't.

The writers/tumblr on the other hand...
>>
>>83950897
Because 4chan is full of angry manbabies. Next question.
>>
>>83951162
It was in all star superman.
>>
>>83951179
Found the feminazi.
>>
>>83951053
its weird she snaped one neck and now they write her as the neck snaping hero
>>
>>83951102
oh yeah that sounds pretty stupid then
>>
File: 4574801-8473920629-14320.jpg (516KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
4574801-8473920629-14320.jpg
516KB, 960x1280px
>>83951200
Just one? Nigga, are you fucking serious right now?
>>
Cause she doesn't have anything definite about her, DC just keeps her around because she's "iconic".
>>
File: 1363644157625.png (140KB, 363x332px) Image search: [Google]
1363644157625.png
140KB, 363x332px
Because she's either that or a stoic bland prop of a character.

Now commence the Wondyfags trying to save face by accusing everyone of "not reading her comics."
>>
>>83951225
wasent that almost all after lord
>>
>>83951246
Its just seems to be that one guy though in every thread.
>>
>>83951225
Didn't she snap neck or two recently?
>>
File: WondysNeckVendetta.jpg (3MB, 1500x4681px) Image search: [Google]
WondysNeckVendetta.jpg
3MB, 1500x4681px
>>83951225
You're very behind
>>
>>83950897
Because she is associated with feminism.
>>
>>83951298
Jesus Christ, now that's worse than I could have ever imagined.

This bitch is straight up crazy.
>>
Same reason they think Aquaman is lame. She's not really that popular and better known for parodies of herself than her own personality.
>>
>>83950971
I wouldn't say she's bland, at least not any blander than Superman, it's just every writer disregards the last and spins her their own way. It's a case of "lol didn't read" on the writer level
>>
>>83950897
because newer writers tend to use that a lot
that and her origin
>>
my understanding of what is going on with Wonder Woman is that she started out as a softcore bondage comic with femdom elements. When the writer left the title he mad DC's ownership of Wonder Woman predicated on them continuing to make comics of her. like most golden age character's her characterization wasn't super deep which means that each author has been given a blank check to do whatever they want with her. It is a shame that writers often choose to do stupid things with her but unfortunately that is sort of what happens.
>>
Y'know, the pity of it is, it wouldn't even be hard to write Wonder Woman as an interesting character. Just take a few cues from how fucked up Marston was as a person.

Have her be a loving mistress to the world. Not, like, in an idealistic sense-- In a straight up BDSM one. Have her struggle with the notions of domination, magically binding contracts, and other concepts of power exchange up to and including willing ownership of people in western societies based upon liberty. Have her cause adoration everywhere she goes for all the wrong reasons. Have her understand that love means really fucking up your lover sometimes, and all the angles on that.

Then go back to having her love the whole damn world. Her love should be eldritch and fucking horrifying, in the end-- But still warm, and great, and wonderful.
>>
File: fc65049246b09eba79836b905cd5e568.jpg (621KB, 1000x1453px) Image search: [Google]
fc65049246b09eba79836b905cd5e568.jpg
621KB, 1000x1453px
I like whacky wonder woman from justice league war movie.
>>
>>83950970
>>83950947
That was All Star Batman WW. Millerverse. Every woman is an angry feminist, a whore, or an angry feminist that secretly longs to be a whore the second they fine a "real man".
>>
>>83951509
Or wonderloli
>>
>>83951457
This definitely wouldn't be my first choice of how to make Wondy if I could.

But it's a really interesting and intriguing take that I'd definitely want to read about, bravo anon.
>>
I wonder if ww's pubic hairs stick out the bottom of her outfit
>>
>>83951554
How would you do it, then?

It's just such a fucking tragedy WW sucks currently. There's so many *different* ways to make her awesome, given what you have to work with.
>>
>>83951509
i dont know why wonder women discovers ice cream scenes piss people off so much
>>
>>83951770
Because it comes across as animeish, and was literally korra being korra in wonder bread's body.
>>
>>83951745
You're right having her be a lovecraftian monster that inflicts stockholm syndrome on the world is a much better take.
>>
>>83951814
I prefer when she is depicted as xena warrior princess.
>>
>>83951814
I wasn't being sarcastic, dude, I was actually asking him how he'd do it. I am genuinely curious.

And I love how you dismiss all BDSM relationships as stockholm syndrome when that kind of shit inspired WW in the first place. Christ alive.
>>
>>83950897
Sometimes she's been written as one, thankfully she's also been written as kind and warm.

As with everything, it depends on the writer.
>>
>>83950897
>Why do so many people think she is some kind of angry man-hating feminazi?

Because 99% of print comic writers and editors are
>>
>>83951320
Depends on the writers, depends on the shock effect they want.
Also, out of context collage is out of context.
>>
>>83951880
>thankfully she's also been written as kind and warm.

Diana tends to only be kind and warm to women and children. If it's a grown man, she goes into Warrior Mode on instinct. Don't cherry pick, ese.
>>
>>83951930
Depending on the writer - I feel I must repeat.
>>
>>83951930
This is correct.
>>83951942
Name an author where she is sweet and kind to men. She mostly seems to think of them with white man's burden kind of mentality.
>>
>>83950897
>Why do so many people think she is some kind of angry man-hating feminazi?

Because the people who say this don't actually WW comics except for a few out of context images or poorly written out of character moments (like >>83950938
or >>83950947 ) that get posted here and there.
>>
>>83951745
Warrior woman that acts as a kind protector to the world. Nothing extensive, nothing unique , just a clean, stupidity-free take on a woman who enjoys challenge/fights from worthy opponents, tries to avoid combat when not necessary though and wants to help people live more peacefully and with understanding of each other.

IMO fixing Wondy requires fixing the amazons. Because the way they're usually handled, they act as just a device for us to re-read the age-old wondy plot of "you're working with men, you're not one of us" "nu-uh" "yuh-uh" again and again.

So what we do is we de-anti-menify the amazons.

Amazons are ageless, powerful warrior women that are tasked by the gods to protect the world.
They can only give birth to women.
They used to mate by venturing to the world of humans, searching for good mates, seducing them in an one-night-stand, then return home pregnant. -think more lewd nymph style, than azz's amazon rape-. However , they can fall in love and invite someone to live over with them on the island.

This is considered a very noble and sacrificial act from the amazon's behalf because both mother and daughter would have to see a husband/father they love and care for age and die. Househusbandos are buried together with the rest of the amazons.

I also have a subplot in mind that'd allow them to transition from only nymph-like seducing to inviting special people over too. Not sure if there's necessary to be two phases though, it could be both ways from start.

That, then amazons gradually were less and less involved as time went on, world of humans forgot them, some would occasionally venture and help people alone, like rescuing a soldier from a trench , etc, etc. At some point, Diana got heavily involved with fighting a big thread, JL noticed her, she was intrigued, wanted to stay and reestablish connection between human world and amazons, yada yada.

Basically, combat enjoying noble protector that wants to spread peace, with no bad baggage.
>>
>>83952004
>don't actually *read* WW comics
>>
>>83951992
Nah, you find the writer. I can't be arsed.
>>
>>83951992
>Name an author where she is sweet and kind to men. She mostly seems to think of them with white man's burden kind of mentality.

Yeah, remember that episode of Justice League where a virus causes all men on Earth to become sick and near death.

When the world is inherited by women, Diana actually celebrates and tells Hawkgirl that the site is beautiful.

Doesn't get more psychotically man-hating than that.
>>
>>83951298
Only two of these images are from before Infinite Crisis. What does that tell you about the common depiction of Wonder Woman in the last decade? It's shit and most of the Wonder WoMan of Murder stuff is Gail Simone's fault. Help us Greg Rucka.
>>
>>83952092
Cucka is the guy who had her snap Lord's neck.
>>
>>83951185
WW was never in All Star Superman.
>>
>>83951509
>>83951796
>>83951796
I just don't like how irresponsible she comes off as. She's a trained warrior. New to man's world or not, she should know it's not wise to constantly point and swing a sword around.
>>
>>83951867
I should've linked to the poster directly.

There's nothing wrong with a BDSM relationship, but the description that anon gives sounds horrific and would be read as horrific. Its something you can't really apply on a mass scale without her coming off as a villain, if a well meaning one.
>>
Can we just admit something?

Wonder Woman doesn't really have a functionality in the JL.

Supes is the strong guy who punches.
Flash is the incredibly-reality-warpingly-fast guy.
Bats is the smart guy.
MM can read minds -so no need for the lasso- and is a shapeshifting, potentially intangible powerhouse.
Cyborg -which I hate- is the techie guy.

What unique element does wondy bring besides fanservice? There's nothing she does that someone else doesn't do a lot better.

True, that is true for many JLers, but none with such a core/prominent role as her. She's supposed to be part of the "trinity" and she's obsolete.
>>
>>83952252
Unbreakable rope for tying.
>>
>>83951246
Honestly yeah.

If you ask someone who never read a comic what so ever what Batman or Superman's defining personality traits are how come up with something about how he's tortured or idealistic. At best she gets 'plucky lass'

Wonder woman is just sort of a 'lesser superman' in both power set and personality traits. she can fly but not really, she's bullet-proof but only kinda, she's doesn't kill people, but it's not she doesn't treat it as that big a deal or anything

I don't know, what personality traits left over from from Linda Carter? That's probably the most well known Incarnation.
>>
>>83952252
>What unique element does wondy bring

Diversity and a woman's perspective.
>>
>>83952252
the JLA's never been the most balanced team in the world. Wondy's powers don't have to complement the team because the JLA is about all of your favorite superheroes hanging out in a clubhouse on the moon and taking on threats that they can't handle alone.

as long as her personality is fun and creates stories, her overlapping a little isn't the end of the world.
>>
>>83952252
You could probably argue her diplomatic prowess. A negotiator role
>>
>>83952252
>Wonder Woman doesn't really have a functionality in the JL.

Which is funny, because Silver Age JLA had a rule about "no power duplications". Not an editorial rule, but a rule from the actual team in the stories.

It's why Hawkwoman couldn't join the team, because she'd be a duplicate of Hawkman.

Wonder Woman was always allowed to be on the team, though, despite the fact that they never explained why her powers weren't considered duplicates of Superman's (at the time she just had super strength, no flight).
>>
File: 3939051-queen_topaz_h3.jpg (224KB, 600x833px) Image search: [Google]
3939051-queen_topaz_h3.jpg
224KB, 600x833px
There's an analog for her in Mantra and Ultraforce called "Topaz" who literally sees men as inferior beings that should have been killed off somewhere down the evolutionary line. She does later come to respect Hardcase as an equal, but her outlook really doesn't change all that much
>>
>>83952145
Seems like something old fashioned warriors would do actually. For example can definitely imagine hercules smashing stuff because he can.
>>
>>83952252
Wonder woman is jack of all trades and has magic knowledge/ soldier training
>>
>>83950897
I think it comes down to that "The lasso of truth can't stop mansplaining" image and people not reading her comics.
Story time when?
>>83951457
No that's the not quite in the wrong antagonist. See >>83952225
Also snapping Maxwell Lords neck was the right call based on the information she had at the time.
>>
>>83950971
Both Batman and Superman have a range of personalities. They can be as dark as BvS or as light as the Superfriends. The same applies to Wonder Woman.

That's how it works when you're a fictional character, adapted and rebooted over 75 years.
>>
>>83952112
there was nothing wrong with her snaping that one neck it was everything after that thats a problem
>>
>>83952447
Yeah, they can vary in personality and complete subversions exist. But moder batman is almost always the quiet, brooding knight and superman is a farm raised boy with midwestern values.
>>
>>83952145
ok yeah i can kinda see where your coming from with that
>>
Wondy's real problem is that she doesn't have any world famous go-to storylines/arcs that even casuals know by name and immediately point to as "classics".

Batman's got Year One and Killing Joke and Dark Knight Returns and on and on. Even Superman has his Man of Steel by Byrne or For the Man WHo Has Everything or Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow or All Star, etc.

But what does the third wheel of the Trinity have?

Any storyline or arc you point to is not going to ring a bell with a casual. You can say "the George Perez reboot" but no one is going to know the beats of that by heart, not like they would For the Man Who Has Everything or Killing Joke.

Wondy has always been the least important member of the Trinity. Hell, the only reason there's a "trinity" is because Batman, Superman and WW comics were the only ones being publish by National between the end of the Golden Age bubble burst and the beginning of the Silver Age revival.
>>
>>83952252
Actually I always felt Batman is the one who sticks out the most and doesn't serve a real purpose. Wondy is strong and fast. And when your team is constantly going up against global & alien threats you need someone who can hold their own. If the only "muscle" your group is relying on is someone like Superman then you're screwed as soon as some big baddie takes him out. That's why you need other characters like Martian Manhunter & Wonder Woman to help keep your team from getting physically overwhelmed.

Batman, on the other hand, is more of a liability who doesn't bring anything to the table.

He doesn't really work as the "smart guy" when you have other smart characters like Supes and Flash and Cyborg on the team. Also, because Flash and Cyborg are there, it's not like Bats brings a human perspective to the team.

If you want to argue that any character is obsolete, it's Batman. At least the other human characters doesn't need babysitting or plot armor to help them out once there's an enemy to face.
>>
>>83952369
You got to admit that that's a really really dumb rule for them to have but.
>>
>>83952548
Batman is the team strategist. Sure barry is smart, but that doesnt mean he has a mind/brain for tactics.
>>
>>83952553
>You got to admit that that's a really really dumb rule for them to have but.

It was. It got overturned in the Bronze Age.

I think the worst example was having Batman and Green Arrow on the team at the same time. They're both powerless guys who know karate and drive fancy cars. Batman's probably every bit the marksman as Ollie. They really were duplicates of each other in terms of "powers".
>>
>>83950897
Read all-star Batman and robin
>>
>>83952679
Arrow Cave is a stupid name. Arrows don't live in caves.
>>
>>83952623
>Batman is the team strategist
And Wondy is a trained warrior who is very skilled in the arts and strategy of war. If the only thing Batman is good for is him being a "strategist" then there's a stronger/less frail character on the team who can take his place.
>>
>>83952700
Would rather it be called the Quiver?
>>
>>83952711
Wondy is jack of all trades. She is not as strong as superman. Not as fast as the flash, and definitely not as good a strategist as bats. Jack of all trades are good at complementing the overall team, but you dont want them for specific roles.
>>
>>83952735
That....is actually better.
>>
Because lacking good PR, a successful cartoon of her own at the time when that would've been far more successful, or a story that people look at and think of it as definitive or iconic - a single graphic novel that they can go "Yeah, that's her" (and WW:EO is way too recent to count) - people tend to take a brief glance at the Amazons, go "feminazi bitches", and call it good.

This isn't helped by Elseworlds stories which also do this constantly, because they can't think of anything else for Wonder Woman,a nd especially the Amazons, to do.

Superman and Batman got cartoons, Wonder Woman got the Lynda Carter show, Superfriends, and getting to be literally "We don't know what to do with her" according to the JL/U team, as especially evidenced in that piggy episode that ended up being just about fucking Batman again.

Visibility problems and people making assumptions from them. People see "all women island" and get pissed off, instead of wondering why women would want to go live on an island together.
>>
>>83952735
Yes. Harley was right.
>>
>>83952252
>completely ignoring aquaman
>>
>>83952753
>Jack of all trades are good at complementing the overall team, but you dont want them for specific roles.
Then why not drop Batman and make her the team strategist? She's not frail like Batman and can hold her own in a fight. Why is Batman kept around when he's just a liability to the team? And since Cyborg's been brought on, Batman isn't even the tech guy anymore. He serves no purpose that can't be done by another member of the team.
>>
>>83952865
Like i said. Jack of all trades. Batman is much better at tactics and strategy, so why try to force ww to take on that role? It is silly. She is good at a lot of things, but ultimately great at nothing.
>>
>>83950897
because writing female protagonists like that is considered "progressive" by feminists, sjws and liberals so the left leaning, self hating male writers write her as such
>>
>>83952865
>Why is Batman kept around

Popularity is the greatest power of all.
WW is just a token female.
>>
>>83951992
George perez
William marston
Greg rucka
Gail simone
Name me an author that doesn't.
>>
>>83952941
>I posted it again!
>>
>>83952917
Maybe my other post wasn't clear, but what I was asking is why can't she be given the roll of team battle strategist? Why can't she be treated as less of a jack of trades?

>>83952955
>Popularity is the greatest power of all.
This is what I'm thinking too. Batman could be the smart tech guy, but since Cyborg was added that got taken away from him.
>>
>>83952513
I know The Contest/The Challenge of Artemis wherein Hippolyta receives a prophecy telling her Wonder Woman will die so she rigs up a keikaku to replace Diana with Artemis who does in fact die in her place.
>>
>>83953037
Batman is still the smart tech guy. He uses Cyborg as if he were a smartphone
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 313x470px
>>83952972
Remembering Jodi Picoult did a on wonder woman and I don't remember getting the impression she hated men

Although is this coming from a man who hates Jodi Picoult
>>
>>83952865
He's still the detective and before you argue that Superman could do it better let me remind you that we are dealing with comic book writers so someone needs to be able to say things they heard when watching CSI last night.
>>
>>83953212
Well i'm going sounded apologetic here and arugue that because super man has super senses doesn't mean he's necessarily a trained expert on forensics. Just because he could see particles from gunpowder residue doesn't necessarily mean she understands the significance of it

>>83953037
>>83953142
If anything Batman is the smart guy. His tech tends to be relatively restrained and he's always got a plan for everything

I guess that leaves PR left for wonder woman? Could be worse I suppose...
>>
>>83953212
>He's still the detective

J'onn is also a detective.

They really don't need Batman for anything but money.
>>
>>83953469
I mean if we are cutting the flab, ww is probably the most superfluous.
>>
>>83952369
>Which is funny, because Silver Age JLA had a rule about "no power duplications".

Wait, if Silver Age JLA had a rule about no power duplications, then why the fuck was Hawkman allowed to be a member in the first place?

Hawkman/girl's only power is "I can fly". Superman can already do that. Green Lantern, too. Batman, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman had their own jets.

Fuck, the Hawks are useless and no one can make a case for them.
>>
>>83953374
>I guess that leaves PR left for wonder woman? Could be worse I suppose...
Well, she is a diplomat...it still sucks though that throughout the years she hasn't been given a more defined roll on the team.
>>
File: 8435_2.jpg (63KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
8435_2.jpg
63KB, 728x409px
>>83951298
Here some more for your collection
>>
>>83953521
No one else has a nth metal mace.
>>
>>83953496
>ww is probably the most superfluous

You could make arguments for either Bats or WW, but at least WW doesn't need plot armor so she can stick around and help the team fight.
>>
>>83953565
Rip and tear
>>
>>83953532
She is the token female. Like cyborg is the token black.
>>
File: flashpoint2variant.jpg (80KB, 458x700px) Image search: [Google]
flashpoint2variant.jpg
80KB, 458x700px
>>83953596
Until it is done
>>
>>83953521
>Fuck, the Hawks are useless and no one can make a case for them.
Go ahead, anon. It's got to start somewhere.
>>
>>83953569
>No one else has a nth metal mace.

So the Hawks don't bring any unique skills to the table, just an object that anybody else could use just as well, if not better.

(sort of like Hal)
>>
>>83953626
You don't judge a character by power levels.
>>
>>83953649
Unless it's superman and aquaman
>>
>>83953496
Well she's the only one with a vagina so no.

There is no telling with Hawkwoman.
>>
>>83953646
The hawks are reincarnated souls with thousand lifetimes of skills and experience
>>
>>83953374
>and arugue that because super man has super senses doesn't mean he's necessarily a trained expert on forensics.

I don't know too much about Flash, but isn't he a forensics guy? And since Martian Manhunter is a detective, doesn't that still leave Batman as a pointless member?
>>
>>83953685
>The hawks are reincarnated souls with thousand lifetimes of skills and experience

And yet Batman is still better than them in any of those given skills.

They must not have trained very hard in those previous lives.
>>
>>83953721
>And yet Batman is still better than them in any of those given skills.They must not have trained very hard in those previous lives.

Yeah, Batman's is canonically referred to as the best hand to hand fighter in the DCU (he's beaten Lady Shiva down a dozen times, and she was considered the best, so that makes him better). And all he did was train around the globe for 10-15 years.

Kinda shows how incompetent the Hawks are. Entire lifetimes of skills and training at their fingertips and they don't even rate.
>>
>>83953782
>Kinda shows how incompetent the Hawks are.

On topic, it shows the incompetence of WW.

She was trained from BIRTH to be a warrior and presumably has at least 10 years or more on Bruce when it comes to studying.

If he can still beat her in hand to hand then she's pretty well terrible.
>>
>>83953721
>And yet Batman is still better than them in any of those given skills.

Not the anon you're replying to, but that doesn't mean much. Batman is often given plot armor by comic writers. So to say Batman is better or the best at whatever is ultimately meaningless. He's Batman so OF COURSE he's better. Because reasons.
>>
>>83953829
Batman can't win against Wonder Woman without planman hacks, like putting her into a simulation where she fights an unbeatable opponent.
>>
>>83953829
>If he can still beat her in hand to hand then she's pretty well terrible.
But he can't beat her in hand to hand, just like he can't beat Superman in hand to hand.
>>
>>83953867
>just like he can't beat Superman in hand to hand.

Batman beat him hand to hand in Hush. He had a kryptonite ring on, but that just evened the playing field.

Supes doesn't actually know how to fight, he just uses his powers to brute force his way through everything. Take those away and he doesn't know how to throw a punch or anything.
>>
>>83952252
"techie guy" and "smart guy" overlap and you didn't even bother with Aquaman and Green Lantern.

The JLA wasn't built to have nobody overlap. It was built to be the best of the best in that universe joining forces.
>>
File: image.jpg (180KB, 600x936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180KB, 600x936px
>>83953782
Yeah Wonder Woman kick his arse all the time in her own comics so it's best to think of Batman as simply punching above his weight.

Like how ants have ridiculous strength for their size.

He could well be the worlds strongest man, but that's about as much threat as the worlds strongest insect.
>>
>>83953782
>Batman is canonically referred as the best hand to hand fighter
No he isn't. You have to be some retarded casual to believe that shit.
>>
>>83953894
He didn't beat him tho. He broke his hand punching but his whole plan relied on that Superman wouldn't actually kill him.
>>
Wonder woman is thought of a feminist cunt, because she is a feminist cunt.
>>
>>83953894
Muhammed ali taught Superman how to box.
>>
>itt, arguing about power levels and "who would win in a fight"

Oh god, /co/ is the worst.
>>
>>83953894
>Supes doesn't actually know how to fight, he just uses his powers to brute force his way through everything. Take those away and he doesn't know how to throw a punch or anything.

I'll give you that, but Bats can't beat WW's skill when it comes to hand to hand. Or at least, he shouldn't be able to. However, it really depends on the the writer. A writer who's really into batwank isn't going to care and make Batman win every time for everything.
>>
JL/JLA Is best interpretation of Wuruwuru
she loves necks on this one too
>>
>>83954049
Then hide the thread and don't bump it. There you go.
>>
>>83953782
>Yeah, Batman's is canonically referred to as the best hand to hand fighter in the DCU

That's just not true. Karate Kid would wipe his ass with Batman's face.
>>
>>83954021
No, it is closer to feminists wanting to get offended by something they dont actually care about, so they use the most mainstream female superhero to represent their cause.
>>
>>83950897
because when she isn't written completly interchangable, then she is one.
>>
>>83953909
there are overlaps of techie and smart but they're not full
there are things cyborg can do that batman can't
there are things that batman can do that cyborg can't

aquaman can talk to fishes, gl can identity anything with the ring
>>
>>83951145
This.
>>
>>83953596
>>83953617
That's cheating. The former is just the adaptation of the latter
>>
>>83954619
Adaptation is better
>>
That one page where she brutalizes a prisoner probably doesn't help.
>>
>>83950897
she's a token feminist character or fem-superman if you don't consider power girl
>>
>>83955069
This is correct. If you want a real feminazi character, powergirl is your go to character.
>>
>>83953664
Or Hawkman.
>>
File: best wondie.jpg (286KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
best wondie.jpg
286KB, 1280x1920px
>>
>>83950897
Because most people only know of the "mansplaining" panel and approximately fuck all else, and have never read a WW book in their lives.
>>
I think it's because the people who believe it don't read her comics, and the shit they have seen her in usually introduce her as a man hater. Then they completely ignore the part where she realizes she was an idiot for hating men.
>>
>>83950897

Amazon Attack and a certain infamous scene in Azzarello Wonder Woman put the Amazons in a really poor light.

And then the Finches made half the population of Themyscira into crazy misandrist murderers.

The result was inevitable. That and /co/ loves to piss you of.
>>
>>83953894
>>83954055
>Supes doesn't actually know how to fight,

Obligatory "I have never read a single comic book in my life" post.
>>
>>83953894
>Batman beat him hand to hand in Hush. He had a kryptonite ring on, but that just evened the playing field.

He got his hand broken and barely was able to keep going. Supes was going to throw a car on top of his head.

Come on, anon. You can't be THIS casual. I now you like Batman, but at least pretend you know the sources of your argument.
>>
File: SuperFighting.jpg (205KB, 485x768px) Image search: [Google]
SuperFighting.jpg
205KB, 485x768px
>>83953894
>Supes doesn't actually know how to fight, he just uses his powers to brute force his way through everything. Take those away and he doesn't know how to throw a punch or anything.
>>
>>83957079
>somehow this kryptonian martial arts is better than every other human martial arts even if it's literally humanoids fighting eachother without powers

Explain this
>>
>>83957143

Because they are Super Martial Arts.
>>
because in several instances of media she leaves a group of women with the weapons and a group of men unable to defend themselves

and she just leaves

does she know what they're going to do?
yes
do they deserve it?
yes
>>
>>83959086
So you agree she is a feminazi cunt?
>>
>>83952548
>If the only "muscle" your group is relying on is someone like Superman

justice leagues big guns are
>J'onn
>Hal
>Clark
>Diana

people who serve a purpose OUTSIDE of direct cosmic kerfuffles are
>victor
>Batman
>Barry

wonder woman is a COMBAT strategist, out side of direct combat she doesn't really make plans like batman does. He ALWAYS has an answer or can come up with one while wondy usually does things by the seat of her pants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJVvrmLSTsg

Bruce is also the financial backer which is someone no one else on the team can do
>>
>>83959196

nah

I just explained why I think so many people think she is some kind of angry man-hating feminazi.
>>
>>83959325
>barry
>not a big gun
Dude, he is like the biggest gun on the team unless they seriously nerfed him since the last time i read dc.
I mean those imp punches are insane.
>>
>>83959086
The one I can remember was in the context of what was basically a "torture rape/rape torture" camp for women the Viet Kong or whoever had.

They totally deserved it.
>>
>>83959511

he's no a big gun, he's a glass cannon
who can't fly

his power level is always all over teh place but when push comes to shove and depending on t he writer, he can deal crazy damage

but he can't take it, not like the real big guns
>>
>>83959086
>do they deserve it
Nah
Murder is never justified. Killing in self defense is, what you're describing is vengeful murder though.
>>
>>83950897
because she comes from a warrior race where there are no boys allowed.
raised like that the best we can expect is that she would consider men a weird tiny subset of humanity, at worst merely animals to be conquered
>>
>>83959325
>That last 18 seconds
>>
Because idiots like to make assumptions.

WW has NEVER really been a man-hating misandrist.
>>
>>83952767
Admittedly the amazons are more interesting as flawed figures than the perfect society Mardson envisioned them as, I think. Like Krypton becoming more dickish every time we visit there-there's a line and it gets crossed, but Krypton being heaven is just as dull as it being hell.
>>
>>83952865
The Justice League is "your favorite superheroes hanging out in their moon clubhouse.".

Batman is a lot of people's favorite superhero.
>>
>>83959325

Man, Batman is sooo cool! I love the fact that he want's to murderer the people that trust him and see him as a friend! Who the fuck needs allies?! Friends and family and loved ones are for pussies!

Batman is great and cool! FUCK YEAH BATMAN, KILL THAT SUPERBORINGFAGGOT! HAHAAHA

I masturbate to this.
>>
File: 1465087964325.jpg (105KB, 881x758px) Image search: [Google]
1465087964325.jpg
105KB, 881x758px
>>83961766

>every method batman discussed in the recording was nonlethal
>>
>>83961836

BULLSHIT. BATMAN WOULD MUREDER THEM ALL IF HE HAD TO!

HE IS A HUMAN AND CAN DO EVERYTHING! EVEN KILL SUPERCUNTMAN BECAUSE OF HOW BORING AND PERFECT HE IS! FUCK YOU!

HE IS THE BESTEST HERO EVER! JUST ASK 9GAG!
>>
My greatest sexual fantasy is raping wonder woman and humilating her as i fill her with my sperm.
>>
>>83962296
Knowing that she has the dick of a man: the gender she hates, fills me with joy.
>>
>>83957079
Who's the "greatest proponent" he's talking about?I can't remember.
>>
>>83962352
I think karate kid is canonly the most skilled martial artist. He may just be referring to batman because of respect.
>>
File: baits set.jpg (88KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
baits set.jpg
88KB, 1024x768px
>>83953894
You did well today, anon.
>>
>>83959716
>implying vengeance is wrong
>>
>>83962296
Mine too admitedly. Binding her with her own lasso then completely fucking her up
>>
>>83957143
Depends on canon.
If Krypton is 10-20x tougher than Earth, i can see Kryptonese martial arts being insane because they keep the amplified baseline even as Superman is SUPER.
If its "krypton is just another planet" one, its meh.
>>
>>83952375
>who literally sees men as inferior beings that should have been killed off somewhere down the evolutionary line

Can she asexually reproduce?
>>
>>83962730
Sea foam
>>
>>83962691
>Implying martial arts rely primarily on raw power rather than technique and application of strength
>Implying techniques a human would use wouldn't be effectively indistinct to those of another species with equivalent physiology
>>
>>83962648
Well that was her original character design. Some cute brainless bimbo who is a hard M. Wish that was forced on mordern wondy
>>
>>83952941
I thought that was an edit, I could have sworn I saw another page with different writing.
>>
>>83963302
No, that is canon.
>>
>>83956633
What infamous scene in Azzarello's run? I can think of several that could potentially trigger, but none that were actually that bad.
>>
>>83963359
>canon
In that it doesn't technically contradict anything (yet) and is very, very, very light canon, sure.
>>
>>83957143
Because Kryptonians didn't do things in halves, they had near-immortality and had pretty much completed science. That, combined with being stuck on their homeworld, meant that they had the unique position on 'perfecting perfection'.

A man might spend centuries using math and science to figure out the perfect way to punch from a certain angle for maximum output. They used science, medical technology, and physics to create the best martial arts ever.

If you have read/watched the Dune series, it is kind of like that ideology. Training the mind and body to do things we can't fully comprehend because they have used science and technology to unlock the optimum potential actions.
>>
>>83963512
But this is what athletes, trainers, martial artists and sports scientists have been doing on Earth for centuries.
>>
>>83963451
So like i said, canon.
>>
>>83961766
The video was actually awesome, it shows realistic ways to non-lethally take down the rest of his team and even himself. I would have this a thousand times over "Mysterious bat-spray/plot-armor". Batman in this video shows he has a great idea on how to take down everyone, but he isn't sure if they will work.

In most Bat God comics he just has bullshit that lets him stomp on other heroes. Like that one time he created miniature red stars and crafted them into a gauntlet for power armor so he could beat Superman in a fight.
>>
>>83963571
Kryptonians perfected martial arts to the point that they used math to figure out the best points of impact, the best way to do things.

The reason Kryptonian MA is strong is because it takes everything that a human martial art does and refines it by using science, physics, biology, and medical knowledge to remove the excess, the inefficient designs, and improve things.

I am not saying that Kryptonian MA is the best ever, Superman would lose to Karate Kid or Batman in a pure skill fight, but it IS a very strong, very advanced fighting style. Humans have been working on martial arts for centuries, but a team of Kryptonians in a lab probably worked on Kryptonian MA for a thousand years or some shit because what else are they going to do? There is literally nothing to do except hobbies because they live in a post scarcity society that is unable to leave its single planet. They don't even have sex or need to breed/raise children because even that is automated.
>>
>>83963912
Given enough time, that's where we're headed. MMA has been great for martial arts as a whole as it has necessitated a more scientific approach. The first Pride tournament had sumotori, ninja, capoeiristas and countless other things. Now, they do not. Those things are all fun, but it's good to see what works being refined in terms of pure utility. Homogeneity is likely to be the result to a certain extent, and Chinese animal styles are a lot of fun to watch, but still. One step closer to Krypton.
Strike styles are for fags, man-hug master race
>>
Okay, I hear it mentioned way too much

How fucking crazy is Karate Kid's Karate and where can I witness it? Movie version it ain't, but I've never seen a comic about him

Seriously, way you all talk about him it's almost as if he's a legend
>>
>>83963396
Besides, people thought that about Wonder Woman waaaaay before the New 52
>>
File: Frank Miller.jpg (16KB, 236x292px) Image search: [Google]
Frank Miller.jpg
16KB, 236x292px
>>83956633
You must be fairly new to Wonder Woman if you think Amazons Attack had any influence on how people perceive her or that it started with Azzarello

It goes way back, and Kingdom Come could be a turning point, but it also precedes that. It was honestly a progression from the Perez' run. She became more violent after Crisis and then people started to take her as a violent type over the years.
>>
It's just ignorance, but that can be corrected. Look at the turnaround Johns made (yeah Darkseid War was trash but at least he fixed his WW characterization).
>>
>>83964847
>at least he fixed his WW characterization

she's just plain boring now
>>
File: Diana - Wonder Woman.jpg (3MB, 1928x3032px) Image search: [Google]
Diana - Wonder Woman.jpg
3MB, 1928x3032px
>>
>>83955698
>Because most people only know of the "mansplaining" panel
thats all we really need to know, anon
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 633x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 633x337px
>>83950897
>>
>>83962338
>Knowing that she has the dick of a man
u wot m8
>>
Maybe it's because from second one she's hailed from a women only utopia that states the only thing keeping civilization from being awesome with talking tigers and magical healing purple rays is the existence of penises, and that women are naturally wiser, kinder, and all around better than men.

That's not something you develop out of. That's baked in.
>>
All you people complaining about overlapping skills or powers in Justice League are retarded.

I wonder if Marvel fans do this with Avengers concerning guys like Cap or Black Panther. Oh no, their powers overlap, that means they can't be on the same team.

Truly sad that this is how we are judging the value of these characters, simply on their powerset.
>>
>>83964700
He isn't just "Karate", they just had that be his name. He actually has some kind of intrinsic, instinctive knowledge of ALL human martial arts and can pick up alien martial arts by watching them. He is basically Ryu from street fighter in DC without the dark hadou or hadoken, but dialed up to 11 in everything else.

He also have the ability to know where his opponent's weaknesses are on a level of Karnak from the Inhumans, which he proved by using a single punch to do things like clear off all the snow from the Sydney Opera House.
>>
>>83952799
If there's ever an issue which requires a conversation with a fish, the Justice League knows who to turn to. Hint: It's not Wonder Woman.
>>
>>83965870
All feminists are secretly gender confused men.
>>
>>83952735
i remember seeing a panel where it was called the quiver
>>
>>83952865
he has a connection to gotham
shit goes down all the time in gotham
>>
>>83967481
Harley says it. Black canary likes it. Oliver gets pissed.
>>
>>83952941
yes one fucking time and they learnt from there mistake
>>
>>83962797
For one, if you can fly, that negates a lot of movement used to transfer surface grip into forward momentum.
For another:
If you move with 20x the force, you have less friction to work with. Which changes how momentum and stance looks.

I am agreeing that raw power != good martials arts
But there is a differene between a human moving in a way to generate 3000N of force, and a superhuman moving to generate a hundredfold more.
>>
>>83967556
How exactly did they learn from their mistakes.
>>
>>83967551
ah yes now i remember
>>
File: Keanu was there.jpg (68KB, 640x541px) Image search: [Google]
Keanu was there.jpg
68KB, 640x541px
>>
>>83951545
HellOOOOOOOOOOO Candy-Striper!
>>
>>83952548
Batman is the one who pays for the creation and upkeep of all their wonderful toys. All Black Projects from the Wayne Foundation.

Get rid of him and they're left with is the stupid Hall of Justice.
>>
>>83951545
I want to molest a wonderloli
>>
>>83950897
Well, she is an agry man-hating feminazi. But light-core because Justice.
>>
>>83952799
The ocean makes up well more than half of the Earth's surface. Aquaman guards it from the machinations of evildoers all by himself.

Plus, you know, he likely could pull-off a Sharknado.
>>
>>83952252
WW is kind of a jack-of-all-trades. Not as strong/powerful as the others but certainly stronger than Batman and probably Cyborg as well. Incredibly good fighter, has her Lasso of Truth, which HAS to come in handy at some point, plus in a lot of continuities, she's almost, but not quite, as powerful as Superman.

You also forgot Aquaman, GL, and Plastic Man if you were just going to name classic JL members.

>>83952799
Aquaman is actually fairly strong on land himself, being about as strong as Golden Age Superman. Plus he has resources being the king of Atlantis, meaning he has an army at his disposal. I wish some writer would take advantage of that.

Not only that, but he really is a beast underwater as well and does have telepathic control over marine life, which can even extend into other living beings since life did begin in the oceans and all.

>>83968706
>Plus, you know, he likely could pull-off a Sharknado.
I was actually just thinking that the other day, kek. Assuming he couldn't control water like he sometimes can, he and Mera could totally get a Sharknado going.
>>
Make her captain America 3x no flying no Superman level strength, uses all weapons with perfect form but falls back to trusty gladius. Give that bitch a Griffin bitches love griffons, better than invisible jet and can back her up with assists. And make Nemesis her main nemesis, with Nemesis's coup de grĂ¢s being sending wondy in the present jla times with Themescira and it's fucking Amazon's gone.
>>
>>83966049
I honestly don't get why the JL gets this shit all the time but the Avengers don't, outside of the MCU.

You always hear this shit about how the JL are too powerful, JL stories don't make sense, why is Batman/Aquaman/so-and-so on the team, and so on, even those Avengers and JL stories are practically the same shit in theory.
>>
>>83952325
I really wish writers would stress this part of WW. She should honestly always try to find another way other than physical conflict
>>
>>83951145
>Marston Wonder Woman is about as fucking far as you can get from how she's often written.
So? Shuster/Siegel Superman is about as far as you can get from how he's often written too.
>>
>>83969424
>I was actually just thinking that the other day, kek. Assuming he couldn't control water like he sometimes can, he and Mera could totally get a Sharknado going.
I hope some writer does this. Like, soon. Maybe Mera can get in Injustice 2 and have it be an attack
>>
>>83966049
I think a big part of that is because the Justice League has Superman. When you're on the same team as Superman, you kind of have to bring something to the table that he doesn't.
>>
>>83969729
She's magic.
>>
she's a feminist, that's how a lot of people see feminists
>>
>>83952145
May not be wise, but it sure gets people's attention.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 487x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 487x302px
>>83969880
Well sometimes wonder woman is a colossal bitch because that's the writers view of feminism.

Sometimes she is a colossal bitch because that's what the writer actually believes.
>>
>>83953717
>Batman
Mr. I have buckets of money so if you need a spacestation with a SUPER LAZER on it, he's your man.
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.