[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preacher the live series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: preacher.jpg (394KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
preacher.jpg
394KB, 960x1440px
Is anyone watching this? Thoughts? With each new episode we are getting more and more of the comics. It's a slow burn but, hey, chainsaw fights. And Cassidy is one of the best brought to life comic characters.
>>
>>83913643
Third episode in and yeah I like it more than when I saw the pilot. The introduction of the Saint and the angels makes me think they're not going to diverge too much from the comic as far as the main plot goes. I was worried they were going to drop God being a cunt in favor of just having the Grail be the primary antagonist.

Still miffed at the show making Jesse's dad a preacher rather than having that life foisted on him by Grandma.
>>
New episode airing in a few minutes and this is dead. Shame.
>>
>>83913781
I read somewhere they were going to make Genesis an alien and I groaned. But it looks like they are going to the Nephlim, voice of God route. So much better. I never saw the point of taking a book and completely changing everything about it for the big/small screen.
>>
>>83913781
Given what they have done so far, I wouldn't be that shocked if Grandma had something to do with the preaching and we don't know the full story.
>>
>>83913784
Pretty sure everyone is watching Game of Thrones instead.
>>
>>83914020
Why are they watching that when all I hear is how bad this season is? Glutton for punishment?
>>
Why are they having a Catholic type Mass? What branch of Christianity is Jesse from?
>>
Way too slow than it has any right to be. ~40 pages in the first issue told us more about the characters, plot and the story's universe than two and a half hours of the show has.

And I'm fine with it not being a shot-for-shot adaptation, but they get things wrong on fundamental and thematic levels.
>>
I'm watching this. Great show.
>>
Gilgun is the best thing on the show. Though Cooper is seriously easy on the eyes.
>>
>>83914051
The first half of the season was amazing, then there was a dull episode, then last weeks episode really shit the bed because the director was retarded. This episode has been hyped all season, and it was directed by someone who isn't a retard.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.