[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Crisis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Is this the best DC event ? If not, what is ?
>>
>>83900541
52. It's not even up for debate.
>>
DC One Million
>>
I give zero fucks: Sinestro Corps War or Forever Evil.
>>
>>83900679
52 was a weekly year-long series spanning a gap-year, with a couple of additional one-shots during WWIII. That's not an event.

I'd put Infinite Crisis as DC's best event.
Countdown to IC, Villains United, OMAC Project, Day of Vengeance, and Rann/Thanagar War were all gold.
You could even argue that 52 is part of IC, since the series deals with all the fallout.

Final Crisis was a great high-concept and Morrison is a great writer, but the tie-ins were weaker. Remember Countdown to FC? Death of the New Gods?
>>
The only good parts are Superman Beyond (which is fucking 10/10, holy shit is it good) and some of the very fringely related Johns minis.

Would echo 52 as better or maybe even COIE.
>>
>>83900846
>Rann/Thanagar War

This was pretty mediocre but it was better than Final Crisis's build up shit that was almost all ignored due to how awful it was.
>>
I wish more people wrote dialogue like Morrison
>Insert any Darkseid quote
>>
>>83900541
I'm reading it right now, probably for the fifth or sixth time. It gets better every single time I read it. Working my way through Morrison's Batsaga so this is about the midway point, definitely my favorite DC event book. The moment when Barry kisses Iris and brings her back from the Anti-life equation... Final Crisis is pretty magical.
>>
Nobody mentioned the original Crisis on Infinite Earths?

It's got a few uneven spots, but holy shit you just can't find another comic like it before or since.
>>
>>83901107
Some parts were a snorefest but yeah, in sheer size and scope it was amazing.

I think Multiversity and Final Crisis (if you read Superman Beyond) managed to reach that tier imho.

Also completely unrelated but I enjoyed the original Secret Wars more than Crisis, which came out around the same time.
>>
>>83900928
Dont forget Legion of 3 worlds or whatever it was called. As a standalone and as a Legion fan that shit was amazing.
>>
>>83900541
It's really good. It's also the last big event from DC that I found to be really entertaining.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.