[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: DEC150838.jpg (285KB, 658x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DEC150838.jpg
285KB, 658x1000px
What went wrong???
>>
The Weisman curse carried on.
>>
File: 1290198578848.jpg (211KB, 1288x759px) Image search: [Google]
1290198578848.jpg
211KB, 1288x759px
>>83873153
>takes place on Earth
>showed their boring interactions in school
>more boring Earth stuff with boring humans and that crippled scarface
>not enough cosmic
>needs more cosmic
>needed to go cosmic
>should had taken place in space/an alien world instead
>>
>>83873287
Their only enemies so far are cosmic level, aren't they?
>>
>>83873287
I take it you didn't read past the first issue, then?
>>
>>83873343
All while taking place on boring Earth.
>>
>>83873153
Characters nobody cares about doing things nobody cares about: The comic.
>>
>>83873153
The same thing that went wrong 30 years ago.

It's boring as shit. It's no good telling stories unless they're giving the reader something new or adding to an already valued body of stories. This is neither.
>>
>>83873405
Nightmask went to confront Eternity and his children in outer space.

The final battle in the last two issues also ended up taking place somewhere in space.

Here I thought /co/ not reading comics was just a joke.
>>
>>83873153
A book that stars characters that don't have a major movie or tv show, legacy characters to a line of books that are considered a huge failure if people remember them at all, and not tied to some gigantic crossover or event.

It's truly a mystery.
>>
>>83873287
>>83873405
The whole theme of the comic is balance and dichotomy. Starbrand has to balance being Earth's defense force while also connecting to humanity. That's why the first arc had Starbrand dealing with Earth villains (albeit controlled by cosmic forces) while Nightmask dealt with cosmic stuff.

The Earth stuff also paid off in revealing who the TRUE candidate for the Starbrand power was while also deconstructing the concept of love at first sight in a rather twisted manner.
>>
>>83873153
Interior art was terrible.
>>
>>83873838
This. They switched over to another artist in a half issue, and while the faces were still off, the art was better. The college kids actually looked like they were in college.
>>
>>83873153
Jim Shooter went a bit too far in his bid to be the new Stan Lee and it backfired on him.
>>
>>83873153
Starbrand and Nightmask aren't big enough draws to support their own book without a killer creative team and a good hook. Only half of a good creative team and a reductive "superheroes go to college" plot aren't going to cut it.

I hate to admit it but the book would have been better off if it were launched as part of CW2 or something, some sort of event to springboard the sales at first and get people to pick it up.

But Weis man doesn't like to play ball when it comes to writing crossovers like that and sharing toys in other people's sandbox. He has to do whatever he wants with them
>>
They tried realeased the book and stopped promoting it, just like Black Knight, and some of themother good booksmthat got cancelled, they prefer to put all their marketing forcembehind Gwen, Squirrel gril, Mikes, Kamala, etc. The other books end upmjot being noticed by the general punlic, dont sell, and get cancelled.
>>
File: tumblr_o2nij7fU8d1v7n8nmo1_1280.jpg (528KB, 1265x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2nij7fU8d1v7n8nmo1_1280.jpg
528KB, 1265x1920px
>>83874680
>But Weis man doesn't like to play ball when it comes to writing crossovers like that and sharing toys in other people's sandbox. He has to do whatever he wants with them

He was doing a shitload of crossovers when was co-writing Captain Atom in the 80's. I just don't think Marvel had any plans to promote the two, and like plenty of the other comics that launched alongside S&N, they were just throwing shit at the wall to see what stuck.

On the bright side, at least it's one of the few times Weisman had a satisfactory ending to an arc. There's a big reveal, but it felt like an actual conclusion rather than sequel bait.
>>
people, for some reason time after time, try to do Buffy but can't seem to realise that it's a dated concept
>>
>>83873153
Unknown characters
Launched as part of a huge wave of books
The cheapest, shittiest art they could find
>>
>>83873153
Beyond terrible interior art
Boring characters
Characters no one cares about
Not being pushed as much by Marvel in comparison to other new characters like Ms. Marvel, Nova and Miles.
Removal from Avengers rosters which led to decrease exposure
Removal from company wide events which led to decrease exposure
Boring story about college life with some cosmic stuff
>>
>>83874859
>I just don't think Marvel had any plans to promote the two

>Wacker tends to be open about discussing Marvel animation projects and who's in or not
>ask about S&B
>he goes on a needless tirade about not putting every single Marvel character in.

Why do people like Wacker again?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.