[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Episodes that made you hate a character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 14

File: Cunt.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Cunt.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
Episodes that made you hate a character
>>
File: apus_garden.jpg (43KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
apus_garden.jpg
43KB, 512x384px
>>83861450
> Episodes that made you hate a character.
Screw that.

Episode that made you hate Lisa Simpson.
>>
>>83861492
oh i fucking agree
>>
>>83861450
what's the story here op?
>>
>>
>>83861650
Lisa has a substitute teacher, she develops a crush on him. Homer meets the sub and does what Homer does, Lisa gets mad that Homer embarrassed her and acts like a cunt towards Homer for the rest for the episode. Marge for some reason takes Lisa's side even though Homer did nothing wrong, and Homer is the one that has to apologize.
>>
>>83861450
What's the deal with that guy? I also remember people being pissed at a future episode where he visits and misses Lisa.
>>
>>83861492
This episode is probably one of the first to push Lisa how she is now, but I still love so many of the jokes in it.
>>
>>83861742
thanks senpai, it seems pretty frustrating. I'll have to give it a watch
>>
>>83861450
There were plenty of other episodes to hate lisa for.
>>
>>83861450
This is probably one of my favorite episodes but I'm not at all a fan of how all Lisa's difficulties seem to stem from her being so much better than all the idiots around her and in her family.
>>
>>83861979
Also I'm referring to Lisa episodes overall with the second part of that post.
>>
>>83861748
This.
>>
Lisa goes Gaga
>>
>>83861492
Is it true that Paul and Linda demanded Lisa become a vegetarian if they were to appear on the show?
>>
File: 1461539915273.gif (119KB, 640x360px)
1461539915273.gif
119KB, 640x360px
>>83861450
I also hate Lisa Simpson, anon.
https://youtu.be/jrIB35sCg4I
>>
>>83862067
Paul did, yeah.

I guess it wasn't a demand so much as a condition of whether he'd appear or not (and the writers chose to go with it), but it's not a great sign when the show's canon is literally being shaped around the requests of guest stars.
>>
>>83861492
Any episode where she thinks she is too good for her family. ie Lisa the Vegetarian/Simpson. Or episodes where her liberal views cause a disturbance despite being wrong in most cases, she never gets comeuppance.

Only good episodes of her is when she is being outshown or her flaws are featured like Halloween of Horror or that episode where Winona Ryder was a guest star.
>>
>>83862086
Hey, at least the skeleton is smiling.
>>
File: image.png (367KB, 626x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
367KB, 626x480px
>>83861492
The one where she got a restraining order on Bart and claimed he never did a single nice thing for her in her life.
Or the one where because of her a tiger mauled Bart ruining his skill at drums I think it was.
Oh, oh, and the classic one.
Seriously fuck Lisa.
>>
File: lhuise shimpsum.png (84KB, 444x494px) Image search: [Google]
lhuise shimpsum.png
84KB, 444x494px
>>83862326
always
>>
>>83861450
Was that episode released after the 90s?
>>
File: 2534723131.jpg (76KB, 575x397px) Image search: [Google]
2534723131.jpg
76KB, 575x397px
>>
>>83862830
(because if yes, then fuck it)
>>
>>83861450
>>83861746

Still waiting for that screencap of Ill tell lisa you stopped by
>>
>>83862830
Season 2
>>
>>83861450

That was also one of the episode that made me really like Homer as a character.
>>
File: Bergstrom_zps4f0c101e.png (521KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Bergstrom_zps4f0c101e.png
521KB, 800x450px
>>83861746
>>83863124
>>
The episode where she became Buddhist pissed me off the most. She told Marge she still believed in God and then proceeded to convert to a religion that lacked a creator deity.
>>
>>83861450
The one in season 1 where Lisa is offered a million dollars by Mister Burns and she turns it down instead of taking the money and giving it to charity made me hate Lisa.
>>
>>83866174

Dude that was at least season 5
>>
>>83866191
>>83866174
Fucking season 8.

Also she gave Homer multiple heart attacks through that decision.
>>
>>83861450
I never understood why Peggy Hill is so despised until I saw the episode where she thought she was a Genius, fell for a scam, and never admits how wrong and stupid she is in the end. How dare Hank try to save her from her stupidity.
>>
>>83866091
You can believe in the Christian god and still be a good Buddhist though. Not so much the other way around, admittedly.
>>
File: le clown 1.jpg (136KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
le clown 1.jpg
136KB, 2048x2048px
>>83861450
>>83866091
Does anyone else think that eventually Lisa will become an SJW ?. I have barely seen any of the sipsons episodes within the past 15 years but she always is such an obnoxious little prick I really can't stand her. All the episodes about her is
>Lisa is pissed off at family
>She is better than everyone else
>Homer tries to make things right
>Homer fails but clearly has good intentions
>Lisa is an asshole about it
>A worthy person (ranging from Marge to Stephen Hawkings) says don't be upset
>Lisa forgives Homer for not doing anything wrong in the first place
>>
I thought it was cute it showed that Lisa with all in her insecurities is a flawed child, something that we tend to forget since th show is a coupe of decades old
>>
>>83866397
>will become
>>
>>83861742
Doesn't Homer say the line "Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."? Lisa was overly dramatic but Homer was being a massive dick too.

As for mine, it's the restraining order episode.
>Considers a prank Bart does to be the last straw despite it being just pushed in water.
>Gets a restraining order on Bart.
>Bart actually is forced to honor the restraining order and leaves Lisa alone.
>Lisa goes out of her way to abuse the order on Bart including forcing him to sleep outside.
>Marge is written out of the episode until the last 3 minutes because there's no possible way she'd allow this. Despite being brought to tears that her family is being ripped apart, Lisa doesn't give a shit.
>Lisa says she can't think of 3 times Bart has been nice to her in their whole life.
>The Hockey game, standing up to Nelson, sacrificing his hall monitor role to bail her out of her own stupidity, getting the beach teens to give her a proper send off, any time they work together to get sideshow bob. None of these events matter.
>>
>>83862326
The tiger one is just another example of what Lisa's real problem is. She thinks she's better than everyone else in Springfield, but the moment anything remotely challenges her she immediately caves to be as low as anyone else. Get better grades than you? She'll go insane with jealousy. Give her academic challenges? She'll be pissed she's not getting perfect scores anymore. Give her the slightest taste of popularity? She'll abandon her brother for the rest of summer.

She's can be just as bad as anyone else, but the writers believe her claims of being better more than they point out her flaws. It's been a long time since we had the time Apu made her realize "Oh shit, I'm being a dick by trying to force people to behave my way."
>>
>>83861746
The joke was that Lisa was up in her room and Marge just says something like "Come get your dinner, someone who loves you very much prepared it!" making it sound like marge made it. The shot that it was a character we haven't seen for decades like that was just ice cold. It's fair to think that it was either overly cruel or hilariously cruel. Like imagine if it was Bleeding Gums Murphy's ghost and he said "Awh man, she's at school. Oh well, I'll try again in 20 years"
>>
>>83861492
Is there an episode where Lisa is wrong or gets rekt? I can't remember any beyond that one where she invented an anti-bully repellent.
>>
>>83862067
Kind of.
The writers planned on having Lisa go vegetarian then when Paul and Linda were asked to be in the episode they agreed on the condition that it would be permanent.
>>
>>83862232
well it is a good representation of what someone like her would have acted like at the time the episode was aired
>>
>>83862086
why would you even complain about the simpsons when your idea of timeless comedy is family guy?
>>
>>83866397
the scary thing is that lisa is the only character allowed to change and they change her into that. Every character just devolved into one simplistic one liner, lisa became budhist, vegan buzzfeed leftist that stays a curent representation of trendy politics
>>
>>83869489
I miss perfect nice guy Flanders.
>>
>>83869572
Flanders was meant to be the anti-Homer, in that whereas Homer was childish, irresponsible, arrogant and stupid, Flanders was the living embodiment of the 'Father Knows Best' archetype Simpsons was lamponing.

Instead he became a caricature of how the Simpsons writers see Christians and a doormat for Homer.
>>
>>83861492
>episode that conclude with lisa understanding that she can't impose her view and admitting she was wrong
People like to blame this episode for turning lisa bad, but it's actually quite good.
>>
>>83868447
Other way around. Homer's a good guy.
"Just because I don't understand doesn't mean I don't care."
>>
>>83869914
Flanders has been improving lately.

Biting the bullet and making him and Homer actually friends paid off.
>>
>>83869489
One thing I always found interesting about the Simpsons is that although they mostly played loose with there cannon death sticks
>>
>>83870243
Indeed
>>
>>83869416
>Paul and Linda were asked to be in the episode they agreed on the condition that it would be permanent.
What a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>83868509
Lisa will grow up to be Hillary Clinton
>>
>>83866397
She already is, but gets constantly rewarded for it instead of called out on her shit.
>>
>>83862830
Before the 90s.
>>
She got her shit called out in Hurricane Neddy
>>
Roadside Attraction from Gravity Falls made me hate Mabel

Weirdmageddon 2 made me hate her even more
>>
>>83870243
Theyre friends now? How?
>>
>>83870934
Everyone did, too bad it didnt go anyway

"Oh CHILL OUT man. DONT HAVE A COW dude! Here's a catchphrase for when you're older; Hey buddy, GOT A DIME?"

"I am shocked and appalled."
>>
>>83871030
I think the puppet show pushed it overboard for me on Mabel. I was SO sick of the "Dipper sacrifices something to keep her happy" plot they kept repeating.

Hell, there was even a small sense that this was the last time.. but nope! In fact, a major arc was Dipper giving up on his dream just to stop her throwing a hissy fit.

and throughout all of that, what does she scarifce for Dipper? Nothing. She never pays him back or lets him do something he wants when they clash, she never grows. "Break out character" my ass.
>>
File: 1434607317843.gif (2MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1434607317843.gif
2MB, 720x540px
>>83861714
The beginning of the end. Fuck this episode.
>>
>>83870934
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiG9V_qfuaE
>>
Regular show
The cuckery wedding ruined by mordecuck

Rigby is a nice guy thou
>>
>>83861450

It is pure Simpsons anachronism to hate Lisa Simpson in this episode. For many seasons, she functioned well as a precocious child growing up in an environment that didn't appreciate her gifts. Like every member of the family, she was a character with flaws who was relatable and ultimately endearing. I almost guarantee those of you who hate Lisa across the board did not watch the show in its earlier seasons as it came out, because if you had you'd recognize the difference between the original more human characterization and the gradual shift to the current incarnation of an insufferable know-it-all.
>>
>>83871146
No, the problem is that he guy was a Gary stubergstein
>>
The episode of Adventure Time where Finn fucks up his relationship because he wants a wet dream
>>
>>83871146
She was fine in earlier seasons. Hell, I used to really like the dynamic she had with Bart; she was the straight man to his stupidity but they were both kids who didnt know how to act cause of their parents yet got along well.

Later seasons hes just a prankster and shes a nag and they always hate each other.
>>
File: image.jpg (223KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223KB, 1600x1066px
>>83871145

>>>>>>>>>>>It's a Beta-cai episode
>>
>>83871174
Whats funny is you could be talking about Flame princess or the breezy episode and both were shit
>>
>>83871088
"Do I hear the sound of butting in? It's gotta be little Lisa Simpson, Springfield's answer to a question no one asked! "
>>
Heard a few people saying its getting better so I went to check the latest episode.

Now good Simpsons was always eccentric and a little out there, but still grounded. So forgive me if I couldnt make it past the opening where a dragon set cupid on fire.
>>
>>83870168

100% false.

https://vine.co/v/MlBue37Jj7E

He said that to his 7 year old daughter, crying at the dinner table because one of the only people in her life whom she felt understood her capabilities vanished soon after they met. This is a good, feelsy episode because it ends up not being about who made more mistakes but the fact that, despite their differences, a gather loves his daughter (even if he's a bit of an oaf about showing it.)
>>
>>83871206
I'll always remember that episode having a great first half with Ned getting piled upon, the tour of his house and then that fantastic outburst.

Only for the second half to be some lame shit about his parents and getting therapy. So Ned's polite, not just thats the way he is, but because he got spanked non-stop for a year? Right.
>>
>>83871179

Agreed. My two favorite familial moments

>Lisa and Bart hockey montage where they remember they love each other.
>Homer defending that he thinks Lisa will win the beauty contest and Marge telling him how sweet he is.
>
>>
>>83871240

Ned's parents are fantastic though.

>"But we're freaky beatniks!"
>"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!"

Have they done anything else with them, other than the flashback where Ned spills ink on his dad's poems?
>>
>>83871240
>Honey, where are my slippers
>They're in the den.
>The den? May god have mercy on us all.
The fist half is amazing, the second half is still good you negative nancy
>>
>>83871315
They were, but that was literally their only lines in that ep
>>
>>83862326
Haven't seen pic related in ages. What did Lisa do in this episode again?
>>
>>83871219
Its still not quite right, the writers still feel like they can do whatever they want cause its animated, but its definitely improved. Worth checking out just for Wiggum, my favourite, being funny again.
>Running over Ned Flanders
>"A mother saw your son at the park, and lucky for you she overreacted!"
>"I get carsick in the front"
>>
>>83871240
It was saying that he became polite after he was finally introduced to dicipline
>>
>>83871492
It was a dumb joke
>>
>>83871430
Basically goes full fedora tipping atheist and acts like a smug know-it-all asshole to everyone around her. She flat out responds to her mother expressing her faith with smug dismissal
>>
>>83871449
It had a funny moments that made me laugh, which is astonishing for The Simpsons.
>Milhouses Dad: Don't try anything new son. Hell, I could've married someone who DIDNT look exactly like me haha and that would've been crazy!
>>
>>83871512
You're a dumb joke.
>>
File: 1450311461330.jpg (509KB, 592x3112px)
1450311461330.jpg
509KB, 592x3112px
>>83861492
>>
>>83871118
Yeah it was a pretty bad premise:

Homer slaps people with a glove to challenge them and they all back down

Hits some random man from Kentucky who accepts

Rather than make this the main story instead they have Homer skip town and takes the whole family with him to his old farm

By using plutonium on the seeds they planted he creates tomaccos which become popular and addictive

Hijinks and a quick money making scheme leads to problems and they end up back home

Ends with Homer finally facing the Kentucky man to a dual with pistols and loses

End
>>
>>83871563
Theyd never make fun of her like that nowadays haha
>>
>>83871587
Its when you really see the lazy writing come in. Instead of one long plot that develops and become funnier, they have 2-3 small plots that switch frantically cause its easier to write.

The guys who made South Park commented on this. "All major plot points need to be connected with "so this happens" or "as a result, this happens" never "and then this happens"
>>
>>83866091
A lot of people in real life like to claim to be Buddhist without knowing anything about it.
>>
>>83871623
"But" and "Therefore" were the words they used to describe it. And it's absolutely true.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GXv2C7vwX0
>>
>>83871220
>it ends up not being about who made more mistakes but the fact that, despite their differences, a father loves his daughter

This.
Besides, as it was already said, you really have to consider she was more fleshed out as a character back then. She behaved more like a real person. And she had real disfunctional family issues.
Marge tried to connect with her but she was completely out of her range. She had solid ideas about what it means being a mother and completely devoted to that role. She tried to become the mother she would love to have (and clearly didn't). And then she got Lisa as a daughter, who constantly challenges her and makes her realize that ideal doesn't work for everyone. Not everybody likes a big bowl of strawberry ice cream.
Bart craves attention because he got it constantly from overbearing Marge and thinks something is wrong if someone isn't constantly looking at him. He's not just an ~INFAMOUS HELLION~, he's a fundamentally good kid who has 0 patience. And that's thanks to...
Homer, an insecure and neurotic wreck. Not too bright but bright enough to be painfully aware of his own limitations. He wants to play the dad role but the only authority he can come up with is yelling a lot and choking every now and then. His kids are too complicated for him because they're not dutiful TV kids. But at the same time he desperately wants them to love him, because he does love them and would do everything in his power to please them. Wether it is buying them a pony and working 22 hours a day to afford it, or just to buy them a dumb present on request and then cut the crap and allow the kid to just throw it away when the interest fades.

Early seasons, man. What a ride.
>>
>>83871430
"Angel skeleton" found. People go religion nuts over it. Lisa is adamantly skeptical and gets frustrated with the whole town. Marge openly challenges on this front and asks her to be more tolerant of other people's faith. Lisa tells her to fuck off.

It was a very dumb episode. The Lisa stuff was as subtle a conflict as the Bart one in "Marge be not Proud", another iffy early episode.
>>
>>83869466
Okay motherfucker, I don't approve Speedosausage shit, but he has a point.
>>
>>83871563
Lisa going full SJW? Wow what a surprise...
>>
>>83871736
To be fair it's pretty dumb to think an angel can be killed or die. The worst thing about this episode was at the end where Marge says "You know, Lisa, when that angel started talking you were squeezing my hand pretty hard", as if that was an argument towards he skepticism. Yeah no fucking shit was startled. Anyone would have reacted the same when an object up to this point was inanimate and then sudden began to float and talk. She also 8 years old.
>>
>>83872076
And then you remember her in S1-2, worrying about going to hell because her dad was stealing cable.
>>
>>83872135
She was more of a goody goody back then. Today she would probably be all for it as a means to fight against the corrupt corporations.
>>
>>83872161
It's the difference between childish idealism and adult activism.
>>
>>83868447
And let's not forget four words that should forever obligate Lisa to Bart: 'Sax on the Beach'
>>
>>83871191

Flame

Finn as a chatacter was ruined for me because he did that shit
>>
>>83871191

Atleast breezy ended up good for the both of them

Frost vs Flame was a colossal fuck up
>>
>>83862326
'Pranksta Rap'

Hip-Hop subculture aside, I thing this best exemplifies what she is. Bart's farce ends up working for the better for everyone involved, and yet Lisa is hell bent on exposing the truth because it's more important than everyone's happiness.
>>
>>83866397
The episode when his father almost got murdered because of her entitlement.

That episode DOES exist.
>>
File: maximumcapacity.jpg (48KB, 690x388px)
maximumcapacity.jpg
48KB, 690x388px
>>83861450
not simpsons but jesus christ Amethyst
>>
File: president lisa shrug.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
president lisa shrug.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>83868509
>>83870781

oh shit.
Remember that episode when Lisa became president, and the president before was Trump.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.