[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding Dory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Finding-Dory-Poster.jpg (3MB, 1086x1609px) Image search: [Google]
Finding-Dory-Poster.jpg
3MB, 1086x1609px
so, it already come out, right? let's have a discussion about it. What do you think of it? Where do you rank it compare to other Pixar's output? What's your favourite part? what's your favourite character?
>>
>>83856852
Dory used to be a mercenary hired by a sleazy sea cucumber to thin out the clownfish population
>>
>>83856852
i want to marry destiny!
>>
I was really surprised how good it was. Toy Story grade sequel here.

However, post-credits joke was lame and just fodder for /tv/ movie logic shitposting
>>
As someone who never even watched Finding Nemo all of the way through, I enjoyed it.
>>
A few of the characters could have been used better, and unfortunately that includes Nemo and Marlin, but other than that it was great.
>>
Wait, it's out already?
>>
>>83856852
I liked it. I went in nervous because FN is my favorite Pixar film, and it was definitely rougher around the edges and had some repetition and pacing issues, but overall it won me over.
I think the film might have worked a bit better without Marlin and Nemo, as much as I hate to say, simply because the back and fourth of the excuses for the three getting lost start to get tiresome. Still, I'm glad they were in-- I would have been mad if they hadn't, and we see that Nemo has matured quite a bit since the first film.

I'd say it's lower middle upper class tier, if that makes any sense. Probably in the top 25% of films, but only just barely. My favorite part was probably just seeing the Marine Biologists, since I am one myself and seeing their work space and attitudes was hilariously accurate.

I actually really liked Bailey for some reason. Maybe it's just because he's so cute, I dunno.

Basically, it's not as good as the first one but it's still pretty good.
>>
If they had just been playing Dory's memory loss for laughs like they were in the first movie she would have been unbearable in this movie. But since they're also showing how hard it makes her life, even when the joke wears out its welcome you still feel sympathetic for Dory because that's probably how all the other characters must feel about her too.
>>
It was one of the few sequels out there that surprisingly wasn't shit. Took my niece thursday fully expecting it to be a complete waste of my time, but it was actually almost as good as the first one. Dory was sympathetic and definitely more interesting than Mavin and Nemo. The new characters and the institute plot-twist weren't cringe inducing and were fairly welcomed by this viewer at least.
10/10 would rent on DVD.
>>
I really enjoyed it, it didn't feel like a sequel for a sequel's sake at all, and the jokes weren't bad at all. My favorite part was probably the male chorus of Rays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEGNukUQIvs
>>
It was an amazing movie. I'd say just as good as finding Nemo. Anyone who says Finding Nemo was so much better really needs to take the nostalgia goggles off. Only criticism I have is that it went a little to unbelievable in the ending. Over all a grate film. 8/10
>>
>>83857923
I just got home from the theater. Didn't stay past the credits, what was it?
>>
>>83860852
>have worked a bit better without Marlin and Nemo
completely agree. Every time Dory got separated from them I couldn't help but groan a little. But I know that if they weren't in the movie I probably would've been pissed.
>>
It was frustrating as hell having to put up with Dory's memory loss/random ass flashbacks, but it was without a doubt a good movie. I'm just not sure this movie needs to have been made. It doesn't really do anything that great
>>
Is the soundtrack as good as the original's?
>>
One of the pet stores by me has several tanks filled with blue tangs when they usually only have one.

How many will die to the fishmageddon this movie?
Did they add a disclaimer about responsible pet care?
>>
>>83862805
Yeah, actually.
Seen one that says Tang fish like Dory are not suitable for tap water and aren't recommended for beginners.
>>
File: Piper-Finding-Dory-short.jpg (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Piper-Finding-Dory-short.jpg
142KB, 1920x1080px
Am I the only fucker who though this was the best Dinsney short so far?
>>
>>83862968
I think he meant in the movie, if you're talking about seeing ones in pet stores.
>>
>>83863301
Was implying pet stores, haven't seen the film yet.
>>
>>83863113
Hard to say it was the 'best' simply because it was so fucking adorable it's hard not to LIKE it the most wether or not it's actually the best.

... But yes, it was the best.
>>
There's nothing especially wrong with it, I just feel like it doesn't justify its own existence. Making an entire script out of what was essentially a throwaway gag in the first movie really didn't feel like a good premise to base an entire movie off of. I liked Monsters U, but I feel the same way about that film. Good, but feels like a forced sequel on a film where nobody was asking for one.
>>
File: Finding Dory Threads.jpg (110KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
Finding Dory Threads.jpg
110KB, 1024x717px
We haven't reached the point yet, but I stand by my prediction.
>>
>>83863301
>>83862968
Yeah, in the movie.
This pet store had no disclaimers and the huge abundance of them made me concerned. They aren't breedable in the captivity either.
>>
Why the fuck would anyone want a pet fish?
>>
>>83865225

looking at fishes calms down.
>>
File: Dory_Notice_large.png (233KB, 480x219px) Image search: [Google]
Dory_Notice_large.png
233KB, 480x219px
>>83865225
I assume it's similar to people who grow plants. There's an attraction to having control over a living thing and its environment while you get to look at it be pretty or watch it act cool. They don't make good companions but they make a great hobby.

Which is exactly why little kids or normies that want to get into it because it resembles a sassy anthropomorphic character from a movie are probably making a bad decision.
>>
It was really cute. But as most anons mentions, the back and forth chases were a bit redundant. Favorite character wise, I loved Hank the octopus. His movement/camouflage scenes were pretty fucking sweet. Would buy a plush
>>
File: jew-bwa-ha-ha.gif (11KB, 501x585px)
jew-bwa-ha-ha.gif
11KB, 501x585px
>>83865453

good goyim.
>>
The climax is pretty damn ridiculous, but I'm glad it went there. The hushed emotional scene you often see with Pixar is also pretty affecting in this movie. Nemo is redundant, but it would seem out of character for Marlin not to bring him along, so whatever.
>>
>>83862785
you mean Thomas Newman's score? I barely hear any memorable theme except Sia's song in the end
>>
>>83856852
>that octopus at the bottom

I bet my two cents that, if the film has an actual antagonist this time, he is the villain.
>>
>>83867669
Chordate bigotry!
>>
>>83867669
watch the movie then faget
>>
>>83867669
I kept thinking he was gonna make the definitive jump to villain at any point but I'm happy he wasn't in the end.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.