[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC ANNOUNCES MORE REBIRTH ISSUES HEADED TO SECOND PRINTINGS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

BURBANK, CA – DC’s REBIRTH line-wide relaunch continues to be a huge hit with fans, as more issues from the June title lineup head into their second printings. In addition to TITANS: REBIRTH #1, written by Dan Abnett with art by Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund and Andrew Dalhouse, the following new issue #1’s will also be going back to print: SUPERMAN #1 (Peter J. Tomasi, Pat Gleason, Mick Gray, John Kalisz), BATMAN #1 (Tom King, David Finch, Matt Banning, Jordie Bellaire), GREEN LANTERNS #1 (Sam Humphries, Robson Rocha, Jay Leisten, Blond) and GREEN ARROW #1 (Benjamin Percy, Otto Schmidt).

Spinning out of Geoff Johns’ DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1, these titles continue this new universe of storytelling featuring the most iconic characters in comics and the best writers and artists in the business. More titles are scheduled to debut now through October, with many of them appearing on shelves twice monthly, so fans will continue to get more of the excitement and action that’s made DC a fan-favorite for more than 80 years.

Each second printing will feature the comic’s original cover art but will replace the blue curtain image with recolored REBIRTH banners at the top. These issues will arrive in comic retail stores July 13 at the original $2.99 cover price.
BURBANK, CA – DC’s REBIRTH line-wide relaunch continues to be a huge hit with fans, as more issues from the June title lineup head into their second printings. In addition to TITANS: REBIRTH #1, written by Dan Abnett with art by Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund and Andrew Dalhouse, the following new issue #1’s will also be going back to print: SUPERMAN #1 (Peter J. Tomasi, Pat Gleason, Mick Gray, John Kalisz), BATMAN #1 (Tom King, David Finch, Matt Banning, Jordie Bellaire), GREEN LANTERNS #1 (Sam Humphries, Robson Rocha, Jay Leisten, Blond) and GREEN ARROW #1 (Benjamin Percy, Otto Schmidt).

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/06/15/dc-announces-more-rebirth-issues-headed-to-second-printings
>>
Wow, are there any Rebirth issues that haven't instantly gone to second printing yet? I wonder if Rebirth hype will run out of steam by the time the July books start launching
>>
Bravo. Well deserved!
>>
>>83807542
With the July books they have time to adjust orders to the apparent actual demand before they come out so the second printings will probably slow but the numbers will still be high.
>>
>>83807573
This
>>
>>83807585
I noticed most of the July books were already on the advanced reorders list, so that makes sense
>>
too bad it will take a crash after issue 5 or 6, unless the stories are really good
>>
>>83807506
>>83807542
>as more issues from the June title lineup head into their second printings

FYI this is only necessary because they expected sales to be low, and it remains to be seen whether it seriously affects market share. The worst result here would be gaining market share, but only from other publishers - it would confirm the last 20 years haven't really attracted new readers in any great number at all, which in turn puts a very loud ticking clock over the market as a whole.

Best case, they gain market share but the market as a whole is larger and remains so for, say, a twelve month period; that would indicate new readers who actually want to keep reading. Zeitgeist is great and all, but don't go pinning your hopes on a lot of secondary printings, especially from a company that's been struggling to maintain market share for a couple of years. It may just mean that they underestimated a couple of thousand in each case - that wouldn't be good news at all, especially for #1s with plenty of variant covers.

Remember also that LCS owners game the publishers as much as the publishers game them - if they think a variant will be worth more later, they'll over-order to get it. Second printing variants included.
>>
>>83808799
>The worst result here would be gaining market share, but only from other publishers
well, that's kind of how percentages work anon
>>
>>83808978
New readers is preferable to just existing and shrinking readerships moving from one publisher to the next if just because it's actual growth
>>
>>83807573
Maybe green arrow. But honestly besides that what's been all that good? Aquaman maybe?
>>
>>83808978
Yeah, but if the percentage share goes up and the unit share for the other publishers stays where it is, that's good. If the percentage share goes up and unit share for other publishers goes down, that's bad. It means it's a closed market which is incapable of attracting new readers.

Try and understand concepts, anon.
>>
2nd printings are pretty much variants these days
>>
>>83809957
Wonder Woman. Action Comics. The DC Rebirth issue.
>>
>>83809957
Teen Titans were awesome too.
>>
>>83810485
Agreed
>>
>>83810454

I liked the Flash issue a lot too, but I'm biased because I'm a huge Flashfag.
>>
>>83812220
Flash was good too.
>>
>>83795995

>>
>https://twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/status/743278098137784320
>I...think? today was our best Wednesday. Ever. I'll have to run some numbers. I don't even know what's going on.

>https://twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/status/743297603798851585
>10 of the top 11 were Rebirth comics. Each of the 5 variants outsold every comic besides Civil War 2 #2.

Where were you when based DC literally saved comics?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.