[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the new Marvel videogame universe be the end of fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: 1465955905916.webm (1MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
1465955905916.webm
1MB, 700x394px
Will the new Marvel videogame universe be the end of fucking console wars here?

You will have now have your SM, Doom, Galactus, F4, X-men, Deadpool all of those in a videogame shared universe. Each game will be probably 10 hours compared to the shitty 2 hours from each movie.

Can we finally move past give back the x-men rights once you get a cinematic colorful x-men game?

I sure hope so.
>>
>>83783055
>new Marvel videogame universe
Where'd you hear that? Was it a particularly knowledgeable fart coming out of your ass?
>>
Make Marvel Pokemon. You'll sell billions.
>>
I really need more to be sold on this game. The past few Spider-Man games have been stinkers.
>>
>>83783111
>Marvel Games' new mandate is 'Make epic games,' and Spider-Man is just the beginning

Dunno, that statement sounds as if they were making more than one game.
>>
>>83783178
I hadn't actually seen that and my fear of being let down by falling for false hype caused me to lash out, verbally.
I apologize.
>>
They need something that offers a definitive gameplay style that allows you to feel immersed as the hero with no restrictions.
>>
>>83783111
If the definition of douchebag had an avatar, you would be Jake Sully
>>
Fuck that shit. I want Ultimate Alliance 3.
>>
>>83783055
>Will the new Marvel videogame universe be the end of fucking console wars here?
Why would games end them? They'll get worse, if anything.
>>
I don't like the white spider

>>83783253
it needs good webswinging
>>
>>83783275
Yes, one that's centered around the Avengers vs the Masters of Evil with Zemo as the main villain
>>
I have generally always been on the Marvel side of things for video games. Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Alliance, Marvel vs Capcom. I mean DC has the Arkham games and Injustice but aside from AA, they're just ok.
>>
>>83783113
Uh, that's Marvel Avengers Alliance.
>>
>>83783055
>I think X-Men, F4 and Deadpool will appear in Dismarvel's AAA games.

Dream on, kid.
>>
>>83783055
No, until i see a x-men in vidya consoles war will continue.

Fuck te inhumans
>>
>>83783253
Being able to harass JJJ at anytime in the game?
>>
>>83783178
>Marvel Games' new mandate is 'Make epic games,' and Spider-Man is just the beginning
that doesn't mean a Marvel Vidya Universe is in the works

i just want Marvel vs. Capcom 4 out of this mandate
>>
>>83784117
Death to the Ikehumans.
>>
>>83783361
>more earth shit
>wanting UA2 again

Fuck that
>>
So, X-Men Legends 3...
>>
>>83784363
Never gonna happen, bro.
>>
>>83783055
I want another X-Men Legends game, or just another good X-Men RPG and a good Fantastic Four game finally.
>>
>>83784363
>>83784452
>>83783055
at this rate, MvC4 is more likely than a new X-Men/FF vidya
>>
>>83784550
I know.
I just like dreaming.
It'll be years before we ever get another X-Men or FF, if ever.
It sucks.
>>
>>83783113
you mean this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoWG6YGDC5I
>>
>>83784550
Crushing dreams is your mutant power.
>>
>>83783055
>X-Men games that aren't shit like the last one
I can only hope.
>>
>>83783595
>I have generally always been on the X side of things
What a fucking faggot. Kill yourself.
>>
>>83784834
I wasn't vouching for a side, just that of the games I have played, most have been from IPs from one company

why, did you feel threatened?
>>
>>83784893
>I pick sides
What a fucking faggot. Kill yourself.
>>
File: bruce_campbell.jpg (47KB, 616x463px) Image search: [Google]
bruce_campbell.jpg
47KB, 616x463px
>>83783055
>end of fucking console wars here
Sure.
>>
>>83783055
X-men and F4 aren't going to be in any of the games though.
>>
>>83783055
I think even the video game rights are with different publishers/developers for different characters.
So what you thought of won't work.
>>
>>83784664
>mutant power
you mean my Inhuman ability
>>
Was it revealed yet what Telltales Marvel Game is going to be?
>>
>>83785103
a Nighthawk game
>>
>>83785052
>I think even the video game rights are with different publishers/developers for different characters.
No, the only character whose video game rights aren't at Marvel is Namor. They HAVE the X-men and FF rights, they're just not licensing them out to any developers because they don't want to advertise for the competition's movies and they'd have to split profits with Fox if they used the movie likenesses, which becomes tricky if the movie and comic costumes are too similar. Like, if they made a Deadpool game, it'd be a pretty fine line between having a Deadpool costume based on the comics and one based on the movies when the movie costume is almost exactly the same as the comic one, and if Fox sued saying that it was too close to the movie costume then Marvel would have to split the profits of the game with them. Which obviously they'd never want to do.

So, other than Namor, nothing is stopping Marvel from making X-men or Fantastic Four games other than not wanting to.
>>
>>83785548
The made a Deadpool game.
>>
>>83783178
They're actually going in the total opposite direction and is licencing their IPs
>>
>>83783178
Except no one in relation to Marvel is making Spider-Man
It's being made by Insomniac and published by Sony
>>
>>83785687
yes they did, back in 2013, when Marvel would have mutants with new games

the 2015 does not count
>>
>>83784143
1000% no chance of that happening. Capcom can't afford shelling out the money to license Marvel anymore.
That was really big talk because Capcom had their agreement with Marvel before the MCU took off and it expired this year.
Marvel's IPs are worth a metric shit ton more now than they were back then
>>
>>83783055
>PS4 gets Spiderman
>Xbox gets Hulk
>PC gets Cap
>Phones get Iron Man
>Handhelds get Thor
>Wii U gets Black Widow
>>
>>83786021
>Ouya gets Hawkeye
>>
This Spider-Man game looks to be 90% QTE from the video.
>>
File: 8701004.jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
8701004.jpg
60KB, 700x700px
>Marvel Video Game Universe
>before we ever get a good Superman game
>>
>>83783055
>You will have now have your SM, Doom, Galactus, F4, X-men, Deadpool all of those in a videogame shared universe. Each game will be probably 10 hours compared to the shitty 2 hours from each movie.
sauce?
>>
There isn't going to be a marvel video game universe, or if there is, Spider-Man will not be a part of it. This is a game exclusive to Playstation and is clearly part of the deal between Disney and Sony for the movie rights of Spider-Man.
>>
>>83784143
>>83785752
>>83785773
This.

Just because they want to push out good titles associated with the brand doesn't mean they'll all be connected. Get out of here with your rampant and baseless speculation.
>>
>>83783055
I was mad that marvel wasnt making any games besides phone bullshit since they got bought by disney.
Now I have hope again.
>>
>>83787755
Sony and Disney have a very good relationship, the MGU is happening and will be PS4 exclusive.

I have inside info that Sucker Punch is working on a Avengers game to be revealed in the 2017 E3, it might be a PS4 Neo exclusive.
>>
>>83783055
>Will the new Marvel videogame universe be the end of fucking console wars here?

Nigga, what the fuck are you on?
>>
>>83783055
>the end of fucking console wars here?

>implying dc fans will ever stop hating and shitposting
>>
>>83787873
Can confirm. I have inside info that this guy is 100% legit.
>>
>>83784017
Pokémon doesn't have a paywall or anything like that.
>>
>>83787886
>perpetuating
>>
i just hate playstation controllers. the triggers are horrible for shooters, the symbols don't make sense, offset analog sticks are better. t h e y r e garbage
>>
File: s25750_ps2_40.jpg (34KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
s25750_ps2_40.jpg
34KB, 400x300px
>>83783174
This. I want so much to be optimistic but the past couple have been just terrible, really.

Ultimate Spider-Man was the last good one, desu and even that one had some serious flaws to it.

I do hope this new game has some of the flare from USM though, like including a random race with Johnny Storm and other things that make it feel like a piece of the Marvel Universe, and not JUST a Spider-Man game.
>>
>>83787898
Can confirm as well. My father works for Marvel
>>
>>83783055
there's no chance this game looks this good at release.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.