[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>another Michael Bay joke Gabe is no longer my favorite.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: i-7kkjHSd-2100x20000.jpg (463KB, 2100x1052px) Image search: [Google]
i-7kkjHSd-2100x20000.jpg
463KB, 2100x1052px
>another Michael Bay joke
Gabe is no longer my favorite.
>>
>>83755960
the only joke here is the tmnt movie.
>>
>>83755960
>no copy+paste
Are we sure this is Penny Arcade?
>>
https://youtu.be/OCxFwzGh-Oo?t=1325
>>
>real world tycho is bald
>comic gabe now has enough hair for two or three people
poetry
>>
>>83755960
>bright red ears and nose in first panel
>more subdued pinks in the rest
i'm actually not sure how you screw that up other than actually making more work for yourself

also cut your fucking hair
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
What the fucking hell happened to the art? This looks awful.
>>
https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2016/06/13/time1
Robert (the brains of the operation) is gone. PA is dead.
>>
>>83757461

Wasn't he also their legal guy?
>>
NOT MUH TURTLES
>>
>>83757461
Ah fuck, Robert quit?
>>
>>83757810
From what I remember in their videos he did like, half the jobs in that office
>>
>>83757810
Yeah, he was basically completely responsible for getting them out of the bad contracts they'd signed cause they're both total morons.
>>
>>83757976

So...Penny arcade loses the license to their own comic (again) because of a shitty book deal in 3, 2, 1?
>>
>>83755960
Anyone else getting a little tired of the Michael Bay is evil jokes? I get that his movies aren't well written but he's not the worst director out there
>>
>>83758111
Ninja Turtles is like some nerdy autism badge on the Internet. You can't be a true geek unless you wear a Pizza Power shirt and rant about how terrible everything since the 80s has been.
>>
>>83755960
They honestly don't look that bad in motion. At least in the 2nd. Never bothered with the first.
>>
The oddest thing is that, well...Michael Bay doesn't even direct those movies. Sure, he produces, so his mark is there, but...he's hardly solely at fault if someone has issues with the Ninja Turtle films.

Now if it pertained to the Transformer movies, I'd sing a different tune.
>>
>>83755960
I kinda feel someone should make an edit/parody where they compare the old and current Penny Arcade art styles instead
>>
God I hate old nerds. They act like every last change is the end of the world, and every adaption needs to be 100% faithful to the original material or else it's basically Hitler.
>>
>>83756558
They're exactly the same shade, anon. It's just that the red backgrounds in panels 2 and 3 contrast against it less and soften the effect.
>>
>>83760042
young nerds do that too
>>
No child watching the movies gives a shit about how the turtles look. It's like any Tumblr post where everyone claps at the end.
>>
File: chrome_2016-06-13_20-09-52.png (33KB, 150x151px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-06-13_20-09-52.png
33KB, 150x151px
what's wrong with your faaaace?
>>
>>83760184
But old nerds compare everything to the ORIGINAL material, from 20+ years ago. They complain about reboots of franchises that young nerds have never seen, expecting decades of time not to change anything.
>>
File: im not sure thats right.png (34KB, 213x135px) Image search: [Google]
im not sure thats right.png
34KB, 213x135px
>>83760120
>>
>>83758374
>The oddest thing is that, well...Michael Bay doesn't even direct those movies. Sure, he produces, so his mark is there, but...he's hardly solely at fault if someone has issues with the Ninja Turtle films.
>this meme again
Michael Bay is the one controlling everything about the movies (the designs, the dialogue, the stories, bringing back Megan Fox). Jonathan Libesman and Dave Green are just hand puppets he controls.

Michael Bay wanted the Ninja Turtles to be Space Aliens.

Bay needs to die in a fire.
>>
>>83760195
>No child watching the movies gives a shit about how the turtles look.
Plenty of kids find the new looks weird. Most of them prefer Nick's version of the characters.
>>
>>83760468
>Michael Bay wanted the Ninja Turtles to be Space Aliens.
>Michael Bay is the one controlling everything about the movies
These are contradicting statements.
If he controlled everything, they would be Space Aliens. They aren't Space Aliens, therefore, he doesn't control everything. Which makes your post moot.
>>
File: Pepe_long_day.png (20KB, 571x448px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_long_day.png
20KB, 571x448px
>>83757461
>https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2016/06/13/time1
>Robert (the brains of the operation) is gone. PA is dead.

After reading that post, something isn't right. The Penny Arcade brand is a cash cow. Rob built that up from nothing. The fact that there are five fucking PAX conventions is proof of this. It makes little to no sense for him to quit. I'm calling it now, he's been diagnosed with a terminal illness and is walking towards the sunset with Mike and Jerry (Tycho and Gabe) watching.
>>
>>83760838

Or maybe like >>83757961 suggested he did almost everything that didn't involve the writing and art and finally got burnt out?
>>
Criticizing Michael Bay is a sign of a true pleb. The Rock and Armageddon are in the criterion collection for a reason. He's easily amongst the best action movie directors and visual stylists of the past 20 years. The airstrike scene in the Rock is nothing short of spectacular.
>>
File: I_am_Pepe.png (148KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
I_am_Pepe.png
148KB, 600x900px
>>83760967
>Or maybe like >>83757961 suggested he did almost everything that didn't involve the writing and art and finally got burnt out?

I can believe the over worked part, but with him, it would not be hard to find a temporary person to delegate a plan to. Then he'd be able to take a long sabbatical.

Although another thought hit me. Maybe he's not ill, but has the foresight to see that Penny Arcade has reached it's pique. I guess he's cashing out now and off to find the next big success.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.