[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you become a comic book writer? Look among indies for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1465691744865.jpg (233KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1465691744865.jpg
233KB, 1000x1500px
How do you become a comic book writer? Look among indies for some artist willing to draw your sentences 'n' didascaly?
>>
you lost me with those last few words but yeah basically. find an artist who'll draw for you, get stuff made, distribute it
>>
>>83735155
>Buy an art slave
>Social media like a motherfucker
>Sell your soul to Satan
>????
>PROFIT!!!
>>
>>83735186
I noticed that webcomics aren't very verbose.

>didascaly

basically instructions for actors (in this case artists) put in a drama script.
>>
>>83735229
>social media like a motherfucker

I honestly don't think good work gets overlooked online. Even mediocre gets a day in court.
>>
>>83735155
Start with webcomics
Start shilling out to the largest most popular demographic that will be culturally acceptable for the next 10 years

It worked for Kate Leth
>>
>>83735309
How much to average comic writers get paid?

A living wage?

Can't be worse than working in the video game industry, quality of life wise I guess.
>>
>>83735383
Depends on who you are and how much you negotiate for. Typical artist rates are around 100-150 a page. Colorists get 60-100. Letterers usually work in a studio but I think around 40 a page.
>>
>>83735236
... stage directions?
>>
I wanna eat her entire ass
>>
>>83735309
She sucked the feminine dicks of Andy Khouri and Laura Hudson and helped castrate Chris Sims.
That's how she got into comics.
>>
>>83735781
Yes

Well, in this case the instructions you give to the writer.

For example

ext night
Superman just took a shit and is wiping his crack with his cape
>art monkey, make sure to use the exact shade of brown I linked you in an email yesterday. Also make sure that Kal-El's cheeks remain hairless when showcased.
Superman: Unf, good thing that I can incinerate feces with my laser eyes
>Superman takes off the cape and lays it at his feet. Have one closeup of his face, pupils glowing red. Then the full figure against the full moon, zapping away at the contents on the cape.

etc etc
>>
Become famous in another avenue besides comics then punch down by writing for them

Worked for CM Punk, Bruce Jones, Jeph Loeb, JT Krul, Judd Winick, Kevin Smith, Max Landis...
>>
>>83736020
>clark heat visions his shit
the stench, what is wrong with him? like that one page where he lasers off his stubble
>>
>>83736134
Superman is obviously immune to stink
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.