[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm still mad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Watchmen-2[1].png (2MB, 784x1099px) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen-2[1].png
2MB, 784x1099px
I'm still mad.
>>
>>83670165
Out-of-context, I can see entirely why people think the squid ending was retarded.

I mean, it makes so much sense when you read it in order.

But then you just see this shit in a separate page and...
>>
Nobody seems to notice the vagina/anus the thing has for a face...
>>
>>83670213
But thats the thing. People who think the squid ending is retard have either not read the comic, or have skimmed through it and not paid attention.
>>
>>83670213
>Out-of-context, I can see entirely why people think the squid ending was retarded
The build up to the Squid is highlighting how absurd Ozymandias gambit to save the Earth is. He drops this grotesque monstrosity that kills thousands and damages millions of minds in order to influence people to his will. It's the cherry on top of Moore's treatsie on the fallacy of authority and the super hero ideal.

To make it more palpable, more realistic, is to fail to see why Moore created the work in the first place
>>
>>83670264
good lord, i don't know how i missed that. i always did wonder why it only had one eye...

all this time, i thought the only overt implication that ozy will fail is that he killed off his own scientists, but here this page is just staring me in the face with 'news,' 'institute for spatial studies,' two copies of 'war?' opposing and facing each other, one on the left and one on the right, and a bloodstained energy outlet coming right out of the vag.

all of this is foretelling ozy's eventual failure. for ozy to succeed, he has to eliminate or head off all human advancement in the growing fields he gained mastery over in order to create the squid, otherwise his secret will be discovered and his plan trashed, only now with even more dangerous weapons than a nuke.

rorshach's journal is only the thing that gets the ball rolling in scientists' subconscious that the official story is not all there is, and will arouse suspicion when scientists and psychics start dying from 'accidents' left and right, thus driving pertinent research underground that will ultimately prove that veidt is not as benevolent as he seems.
>>
I love the hell out of the alien squid.
>>
A few small things about the image, some I've noticed before some I'm just now noticing
>OR ALL DIE
>GWAR symbol resembles the raft from Black Freighter
>Veidt's Method claims it will give you bodies beyond your wildest imaginings. Body of unimaginable horror of Alien Monster and dead human bodies.
Of course there's also the bloodstain on the power socket which resembles the comedian's button from the beginning and also the Rorschach inkblot.
>>
>>83670165
To hate the squid is to misunderstand Ozy's entire character, Zack
>>
File: Ponytail Intelligence.jpg (49KB, 800x427px) Image search: [Google]
Ponytail Intelligence.jpg
49KB, 800x427px
>>83671868
Isn't it a throwback reference to HP Lovecraft?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.