[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saga's Dialogue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: photo-feb-02-9-39-29-pm.jpg (313KB, 1632x1469px) Image search: [Google]
photo-feb-02-9-39-29-pm.jpg
313KB, 1632x1469px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBjjYAtHqN0

Kind of long but quite interesting.
>>
File: awesome facial hair bros.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
awesome facial hair bros.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
I am also a fan of silent panels
>>
>>83669120
Why is Tony such a man child now?
>>
>>83669152

They are trying to make him more like the movie version. It's part of the reason they gave his books to Bendis, to be more humorous and quippy

I have no idea how this has affected sales so far
>>
I was out at like 1:20 when he completely fucked-up the idea of showing, not telling.
>>
>>83669189
Well I think RDJman can be annoying a lot, comic Ironman has taken it to 11.
>>
Kind of Feel that this one and the video for Southern Bastards get kind of lost at making interesting points because he gets caught up on "look at this clever metaphor."

The Moon Knight one was good, if not talking about some artistic basics, because it was just about portraying a clear a clear progression of actions from point A to point B.
>>
>>83668319
Cool video. I love analyses of comics narrative devices, because there seems to be so little analysis of comics, as compared to poetry, prose, or cinema.

One thing I think the video does is give a lot of credit to Vaughn, for example, when it says that Vaughn conveys something "through Staples' art." I've never read Saga, and I know nothing of how these creators work, so it is possible that Vaughn is mostly responsible for what we see. But though we tend to think of the artist just drawing what the writer tells them to, for lots of comics, the artist makes a lot of artistic decisions that direct the feel of the story. Some people think that the writer is the "director," and the artist is the actors/set pieces, but I think that in a lot of cases, the writer is the screenwriter, and the artist is the director, to use an analogy to film. Take a look at those Sandman editions that have the scripts in the back, and compare them to the finished product. Jones straight up ignores a lot of Gaiman's instructions and decides how to stage things himself. And it makes sense; he's the guy who has a piece of paper in front of him and can see what works. Who knows if Gaiman even sketches thumbnails before saying how many panels should be on a page, and how they should be arranged.

There are creators who work differently, though. Alan Moore, that guy's scripts are so dense, he's a guy who is really directing the artist a lot, down to the details he wants on the buttons of a character's coat.

>>83669189
I've only watched the first two Iron Man films and The Avengers, but though he's "quippy," he has more of a "snarky" sense of humour. Can't imagine RDJ being like "awesome facial hair bros XD!"

That said, I've never read modern Iron Man, so I'm not complaining about him, I'm just going by what I see in these four panels. In classic Iron Man, the dude pretty much has no personality, though.
>>
>>83670589
There's an inkstuds episode interview J.H. Williams. He comments on the density of Moore's scripts and that Moore isn't actually as commanding as his scripts make him seem. Most artists that work with Moore tend to just go over the script and pick and choose what they want to draw out of it and go from there. Keving O'Neill apparently blacks out most of Moore's scripts once he finds what he wants to draw and Williams straight up mentioned how he said fuck the script for a page and just drew his own thing and then when Moore got it back was blown away like it was fucking magic.
>>
>>83670589
He seems to credit Staples a few times, too. A lot of it is about dialogue and not dialogue, which I guess is Vaughn's choice. I guess unless we see a script it's hard to say, because Staples might just do all the layouts herself.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.