[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I guess Liefeld was kinda right those years ago?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

File: Liefeld Predictions.jpg (190KB, 1828x904px) Image search: [Google]
Liefeld Predictions.jpg
190KB, 1828x904px
So I guess Liefeld was kinda right those years ago?
>>
>>83664448
Liefeld might be a shit artist, but the dude knows what he's talking about. Always felt he has nice insights about the comics industry and shit.
>>
>>83664596
I vaguely remembered years ago there were some anons trying to forcibly argue that Liefeld was wrong and that the lack of X-Men merchandise didn't mean anything.

I retrospect, I wonder if that was people who worked at Marvel or Fox trying to do damage control.
>>
>>83664781
Marvel and Fox don't shill on 4chan. The user base is far too small to make any sort of actual impact. It would be a waste of money, even if the campaign was successful.
>>
>>83664868
t. Shill
>>
>>83664868
>Marvel and Fox don't shill on 4chan.

Suuuuuuuure they don't.
>>
>>83664868
>The user base is far too small to make any sort of actual impact

Yeah okay.
>>
>>83665082
>>83665985
Consider the fact that /co/ loves DC comics and Marvel consistently beats them out every month even excluding Star Wars properties
>>
>>83666139
/co/ doesnt buy comics though, dipshit.
>>
>>83666139
/co/ loves DC comics just based on the fact alone that is and always was less popular than Marvel. If DC were the normie thing, they would gravitate towards Marvel.
>>
>>83666139
>/co/ loves DC comics

uhh
>>
>>83664448
When is he wrong?
>>
>>83664448

Liefeld isn't a stupid man, and he's been around the block in the business world, he knows how to read a strategy.
>>
>>83666611
it's precisely because Marvel is more normie friendly that it kicks DC's ass in the sales every year and why thus /co/ likes DC over Marvel.
>>
>>83664448
It's in the name LIEfield. He lies.
>>
>>83665985
Not him but I could see Fox and Marvel Studios doing it.

The comic divisions of Marvel and DC though, no. There's not enough money in it. Even stuff like Cap #1 or Rebirth #1 that sold great make piss compared to a movie.
>>
>>83666980
>The comic divisions of Marvel and DC though, no. There's not enough money in it.

You don't think it's a coincidence that there's a sudden uptick in "The X-Men should be on their own Earth" posts?
>>
>>83667250
People have been saying that since I made /co/ my home board in like 2012/2013.
>>
>>83664868
Your talking about the board that made ponys explode anon
>>
>>83667250
>You don't think it's a coincidence that there's a sudden uptick in "The X-Men should be on their own Earth" posts?

>Sudden

This shit has been going on for years. Take off your tinfoil-hat.
>>
>>83667250
People have always said that and they say it because it's true the hatred people show for them just does not match up

Either change them to be more well liked or have them in a seperate universe
>>
>>83667825
But 2012/2013 is when the Marvel/Fox in-fighting escalated.
>>
>>83668121
>>83668074
Next you'll be saying Fantastic Four was canceled only because of low sales
>>
File: 1465569866175.png (173KB, 349x446px) Image search: [Google]
1465569866175.png
173KB, 349x446px
>>83664448
>if it doesn't have toys then it's not relevant

He was literally proto-Jewvel
>>
>>83670194
Liefeld has been retweeting positive Apocalypse reviews for the previous week. He's definitely not pro-Marvel.
>>
File: 1465203287475.jpg (85KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1465203287475.jpg
85KB, 640x427px
>>83664448
I mean, X-Men are getting a Marvel Legends wave very soon.
>>
>>83668701
Then it's not "sudden" is it if it started 3-4 years ago?
>>
>>83666948
lieFIELD

FIELD

he lies in the grass
>>
>>83668074
is it bad that i actually think that an alternate x universe or w/e would be better? because they just don't make sense in the context of everyone else. put them on their own, and you can have the whole setting be as fucked up as it needs to be to make a mansion full of (sometimes literal) gods still feel "oppressed"
>>
>>83672072
>Look, it's the X-Men!
>and Punisher
>>
>>83672272
Go away, Didney shill
>>
wart didney go homu
>>
>>83664868
>The user base is far too small
Tens of millions of people a month is too small?
People advertise on CW shows like Arrow which usually has a cap of 2 million viewers.
>>
>>83664448
/co/ laughs at Leifeld a lot for his art but if you go read interviews and talks with people that work in comics, he's one of the most respected people in comics. People like Grant Morrison will give him lots of respect for what he did for comics. Make fun of his art too but still give him respect.
>>
>>83664448

The only thing wrong with Liefeld is his art. I've heard he's a great a guy and he's passionate about comics.
>>
>>83672072
Yeah, now we are. If you remember, last year there were reports of licensees being ordered to put X-Men stuff on hold.
>>
>>83664448
Wait, people doubted this?

How fucking stupid are these people. It was was clear as day this was going to happen.
>>
>>83672072
A Kitty Pryde action figure? What does it do, act like a cunt to all of your other figures?
>>
>>83672072
does the Jean figure convince you you're gay?
>>
>>83672072
>>83672559
Could this have something to do with Ike Perlmutter's change of position?
>>
>>83674380
Yeah, I mean look at the OP's screencap, there were people who didn't believe him.
>>
>>83664448
Ok tell me what the actual fuck is wrong with Liefeld? The reason I'm seeing for people hating him is that he doesn't draw all that well?
>>
>>83667825
People have been saying that since 2010 at least when I got here
>>
>>83677069
He cannot draw feet at all
His art is pretty expressive and really stands out, which was a big thing after how many years of house style and is why it sold so well, but it is objectively pretty bad.
>>
>>83677069
That's pretty much it. People think his personality is just like his comics and don't think that a guy who managed to become a millionaire drawing capeshit, has been involved in running indie companies for the last 20+ years and has experience working high profile stuff for both of the Big Two might have some kind of an idea on how the business side of the industry works.
>>
>>83664448
Fuck, Liefeld is an incredibly savvy guy. He may not have any talent, but he knows what he's talking about when it comes to the comics business.
>>
File: New_Mutants_087-01.jpg (215KB, 900x1393px) Image search: [Google]
New_Mutants_087-01.jpg
215KB, 900x1393px
>>83677589
Liefeld early in his career when he was working with good inkers like Karl Kesel wasn't that bad. I still think New Mutants #87 is a great cover and I'm sure Macfarlane's inking helps a lot and his Hawk & Dove work when he was more "Art Adams but cranked up" (again, Kesel inking him) isn't anything groan-worthy overall. It's when he starts moving away from being that cranked up Art Adams to, well, Liefeld (and probably got a whole lot lazier) that he becomes the artist we know and love.
>>
>>83664868
>>83665076
>>83665082
>>83665985
Context of pic related is that the dude in it predicted the final round of the gamefags poll BEFORE it even started.

Read the whole thing. Dude says there are HUNDREDS of virals on 4chan at all times. Mostly on /v/, but other boards as well.

Plus I've seen other threads from admitted virals on this board and others. There was a guy a while back who said he worked for WB who claimed he was the who started the Arrow generals and was paid to shill for that show.
>>
>>83677799
Yes
He was good when he wasn't lazy
>>
>>83677799
Hawk and Dove seemed like it was straight-up redrawn by Kesel in a lot of places.
>>
>>83677808
>conspiracy theory saying a viral marketing team was made to push Undertale
>not just push it, but make it the "Citizen Kane of videogames" for all time
You for real anon? Because you seem for real, and so it seems like we might be able to have a serious discussion.

This shit happens ALL THE TIME. Undertale is game that hit the right demo at the right time with, yes, a quality product. Not the best, I'd not even rate it in the greats, but solid for what it was. It's literally just Homestuck hype all over again. You think Homestuck had viral marketing companies after it to enculturate the internet in the sinister SJW plot?

Undertale hype has died down. Yes, it's still popular. But no, it's not being pushed as the greatest thing ever of all time. So, you know, he was fucking lying. It was a Gamefaqs poll, you'd think people would've realized their a bunch of fucking plebs by now.

>"There is an organized agenda to begin conditioning gamers, and eventually the public in general, to accept the narrative that Undertale is "The Citizen Kane of Video Games" and the go-to "Greastest Game of All Time" for ALL future polls/lists of games
Fucking come the fuck on. Say that out loud to yourself. Do it right now. The guy was playing /v/'s growing rage at the overhyping and pushing of the game in the wider internet pop culture. He's hitting all the tick box /v/ loves to get angry about.

I'm sure there are viral marketers on 4chan. Why not? It's super easy to do. I'm sure some of them have even said so. But here's the thing: we only have their word that they are, and everyone should know what you do when someone tells you something on 4chan. "Believing it" is not what you do. Especially when it fits the story people want to believe.
>>
>>83678060
>Undertale is game that hit the right demo at the right time with, yes, a quality product. Not the best, I'd not even rate it in the greats, but solid for what it was.

confirmed viral

fun fact: there were more voters in the gamefags poll than there were total sales for memetale at the time. and over 50% of the votes came from mongolian IPs. because they used bots with proxies, EXACTLY like that guy predicted they would do.
>>
>>83678060
Considering the way the comics industry is, by nature, regularfags who like a title will push shit to try and not have it canceled. Not because they're paid monkeys, but because shit gets canceled easily.

I think that if you're ignorant to how important Wednesday Warriors are to a title, then the two are completely indistinguishable. Fuck /v/ tho
>>
>>83678215
>there were more voters in the gamefags poll than there were total sales for memetale at the time
Yeah, and? I'm not disputing that. I suppose I should've made it clear that Undertale's popularity is beyond all reason and full on meme tier. I don't like using the term "meme" game is generally a pretty dumb critique, it's a succinct way to describe what happened with Undertale.

This is still pretty common for Tumblr, though. /co/ rages about it all the time: people on the internet who say they like a character or franchise, but have literally only read contextless panels and pages and read fanfiction and fancomics. But the same thing happened years ago, in the dawn of the internet pop culture communities with fucking Ranma and Harry Potter. People want to be part of a community around ideas for stories they like, regardless of the actual stories themselves.

Again, the point is, regardless of whatever quality Undertale has, whatever retarded level of dumb internet bandwagoners it got, it's business as usual. There is no "organized agenda to begin conditioning gamers, and eventually the public in general" to a $10 video game tumblr likes. Viral marketers are not in control of 4chan, secretly pulling the strings on all topics and interest in comics and cartoons. People on the internet have always been tasteless and always been more interested, on the whole, with belonging to a community and the vague concept of a setting.

Here's a poll for you: you know what is the highest, but not majority, thing people have said they look for in games? It's not gameplay, it's not writing, or acting, or even graphics. It's the idea of it. If an idea hooks people, it will take off like wildfire, even among fuckers who can't be bothered to shell out a few dollars to play a 4 hours long game. That's the "meme" nature of Undertale.
>>
>>83677589
>He cannot draw feet at all

Which is a hallmark. They're difficult.
>>
>>83678495
>as soon as the Liefeldian flashback ends, which had nary a foot to be seen, the first thing shown is shoes
It's the little things in life.
>>
>>83666710
You trying to deny /co/ isn't a DC echo chamber? Are you intellectually dishonest or just stupid?
>>
>>83678773
>DC echo chamber
Are you intellectually dishonest or stupid? People shit on DC all the time when they fuck up. It's only lately that people have started to soften their stances, mostly due in part to DCYou and Rebirth.
>>
>>83666935
so youre telling me that contrary to everything ive heard from /co/, there are normies that buy comic?
>>
>>83667250
>You don't think it's a coincidence that there's a sudden uptick in "The X-Men should be on their own Earth" posts?
dumb casuals have always said that.
>>
>>83672072
that havok looks pretty nice
>>
>>83679136
I have seen far more negative posts in regards to Marvel than I ever have for DC. I'm not even talking about current Marvel either. You say something bad about DC and you immediately get shouted down, called a shit or get out righted banned for it.
>>
>>83672072
>x-sanction cable
Ew, I'd rather have the light blue New Mutants nightmare.
>>
File: chex the numbers.png (247KB, 760x572px) Image search: [Google]
chex the numbers.png
247KB, 760x572px
>>83679307
>get out righted banned for it
>>
>>83677799
Mcfarlane's an incredible inker, so that cover isn't a fair representation. I still believe Liefeld had a good artist in him, it's just that he was a smash success at like 20, I can hardly blame him for not keeping his nose to the grindstone when everybody loves him and he's drawing six and seven figure checks.
>>
>>83678427
how much are they paying you, shill?

>>
>>83679307
Marvel is a terrible company that actively encourages its talent to piss people off and act like assholes.
>>
>>83679687
>I'm not even talking about current Marvel either
>>
>>83679725
How do you define current? They've been that way for years.
>>
>>83679746
Define years.
>>
>>83672072
>That shitty Punisher figure
Might as well buy the mezco instead.
>>
>>83679763
More than ten. Sins Past was 2005, and I don't think that was the first "fuck the readers" story they did.
>>
>>83677808
>>83678060
>>83678215

>a development team made up of 1 person and a few of his friends doing some of the art somehow had the money and influence to pay hundreds of people to stealth market his game across the entire internet and even bribe a big gaming website to rig their poll

Why the fuck does /v/ always have to make up a retarded conspiracy theory to explain why something is popular? Why can't it just be simple as "a lot of people like it"?
>>
>>83680096
You don't understand, anon. A lot of people only think they like it, because they like the fanart and fanfiction on tumblr. This is unforgivable and clearly the result of darker workings seeking to undermine our very way of life, and not just how the internet works. It's an insidious conspiracy because someone bot rushed the poll, a completely unprecedented tactic that could only have been done by a secret think tank cabal of SJW out to shape the very fabric of modern thought.
>>
>>83680088
Well, we agree there. I think Marvel and DC have been shit for at least the last ten years.
>>
>>83680096

/pol/ influence
>>
>>83677808
>predicted the final round of the gamefags poll BEFORE it even started
>it's a reply to a screenshot of the result

Is anyone really this dumb?
>>
>>83680633
>>predicted the final round of the gamefags poll BEFORE it even started

Where did he say that?
>>
>>83677808
You honestly, genuinely believe the words of an anonymous man on a website known for lies and conspiracy theories who has nothing to lose by fucking with you?
>>
>>83680227
Heroes Reborn was more than 20 years ago
>>
File: Ckq8Tgj.jpg (311KB, 671x688px) Image search: [Google]
Ckq8Tgj.jpg
311KB, 671x688px
>>83677808
Ho lee shit, do you read shit before you post it? If anything that thing proves that shills are either non existent on 4chan or completely incompetent at their jobs. Think about it this way:

Undertale's hype has not only died down over the past few months, but it's experienced a massive hype backlash. People don't see it as the Citizen kane of gaming, they see it as a freaky weirdo thing where people want to fuck skeletons or robots. It has the same universal, knee-jerk disgust that Homestuck has and, alongside other projects, practically destroyed people's faith in Indie games.

So this means one of two things: Either shills don't exist and that guy was spewing out of his ass (Probably right) or shills do exist and are so bad at their job that they completed destroyed something they were supposed to elevate to greatness.

TL;DR Undertale is dead, so if that guy is telling the truth (and he's not) shills are about as scary and all controlling as the "Anonymous Legion"
>>
>>83678495
Not if you practice. You know, like an artist would.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.