[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Cartoon philoshophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

>Be me
>12 year old brother asks me why Rick does what he does
>I try to explain the development of Rick's character
>In the end I point him to this video
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWFDHynfl1E
>Brother has an existential crisis
>Spend the next couple of hours trying to calm him the fuck down/explain existentialism and nihilism.
>Finally calms down.

So anyone got a story of a cartoon leading to deep, sometimes uncomfortable discussions with their families/friends/strangers?
>>
Haha. I can't tell if you're a bad big brother or a great one.
>>
>>83654359
had to explain to my older brother why rick had that ending in auto erotic assimilation when Ricks character is mostly a fun type of asshole and not a suicidal old man.

Also had to explain the beginning of Up to my younger cousin who didn;t quite understand the concept of a miscarriage, she then asked me why they would put something so sad in a movie and how come that happened to his wife when they seemed liked good people. She was 5, I didnt have the heart to tell her thats how life is, so I just left the room.
>>
>>83654359
is ur brother hot?
>>
>>83654359
I've been looking for a cartoon/comic that'll help me with EOL anxiety

Anyone know any good ones?
>>
>>83654499
>She was 5

that's pretty much the perfect time to tell her that bad things happen to good people. UP is about him moving on through his pain. His wife learned to move on through her pain during her life, but he had to wait for the obnoxious kid and dog to teach him how to love life again because he never really understood it without her to guide him.

'honey, sometimes really bad things happen to someone, even if they are good and do everything they are supposed to. It's okay though, because we can keep loving and finding happiness even if bad things happen to us. When something bad happens, it's okay to feel sad, and while you're feeling sad, it's okay to feel happy sometimes, too.'

that's all you have to say to a five year old
>>
>>83654587
Metalocalypse
>>
>>83654359
> panic attack at cosmic horror
Kek. I had two of those. Once as a kid when my dad showed me The Thing and I threatened to stab him out of sheer paranoia and again at Slither a little older. I've since had a fixation on Lovecraft's works, though.
>>
An existential crisis over Rick and Morty? Jesus Christ.
>>
File: Teleportation.png (1MB, 1439x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Teleportation.png
1MB, 1439x1073px
>>83654359
> existential crisis from a cartoon

Canada reporting in.

https://www.nfb.ca/film/to_be
>>
>>83654587
i don't know, have you seen"welcome to the nhk"

i don't have EOL anxiety and watching the show really didn't help me with anything but i heard it has helped a lot of people with different issues

actually i don't know how to call what i have maybe it is some weird from of escapism, everything in life is just too dull for me i really would like to live in a different world that could give me the freedom to explore and have meet people and have adventures whenever i want,that's really all i need to feel happy i don't want any material thing that is considered valuable here

this is why i some times don't get rick, if i were him i would just use the portal gun to go to some universe that is similar to a fantasy rpg world and just live there for the rest of my life

i can't even get into mmo's because it doesn't feel real and everyone just talks about numbers the only things that let me escape a little are books, comics and cartoons
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.