[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cuphead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: Cuphead.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cuphead.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
It's everything I ever wanted a videogame to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy0bpSyeCuQ
>>
It's very pretty but the gameplay will be very simplistic, subpar NES type experience. Should have brought in a Japanese mechanics designer.
>>
Have they given it a release date yet?
>>
>>83645860
Maybe the platforming, but the bosses look pretty fun and challenging for bullet-hell standards.
>>
>>83645860
>Should have brought in a Japanese mechanics designer.

To make it twice as boring?
>>
>>83645860
>Japanese mechanics designer.
>its as simple as just tightening up the graphics on level 3, just find a wild Jap designer and let him do his thing.

fucking lol, this shit looks more fun than MM9 ever could hope for.
>>
So metal slug with hand drawn graphics?
>>
It looks so dull gameplay wise.
>>
>>83645754
>doesn't spit out chocolate milk as his projectile
I'm already disinterested.
>>
The filters are a bit much. Hopefully they can be turned off.
>>
>>83645860
>subpar NES
Except its gameplay is obviously based on the original Rayman which was on the PS1.
>>
>>83645754
It's as if Megaman and Mickey Mouse had a baby.
Release when?
>>
Why can't this be an animated series? I love the aesthetic and character design, but I have zero interest in it as a video game
>>
>>83646152
Oh, silly me, I thought Rayman was inspired by Japanese platformers.
>>
>>83646138

It's confirmed that it can be toggled on or off.
>>
>>83645860
Yeah a NES can totally handle that many objects at once with no problem.
>>
>>83646313
wow, you really showed that 30 year old console! Cuphead: can handle more objects than NES games (and yet the amount of interaction is lower).
>>
File: notvidya.png (6KB, 553x546px)
notvidya.png
6KB, 553x546px
/v/ pls leave
>>
File: Dafug.jpg (15KB, 297x205px) Image search: [Google]
Dafug.jpg
15KB, 297x205px
>>83646070
I agree with this
>shoots through his finger and not the Straw on his head
>>
Not my style. I'll stick with Shovel Knight.
>>
>>83645754
I didn't know they were going full megaman with charge shots and the little mushroom guys just being mettaurs
>>
>>83645860
>Implying there's anything wrong with NES platformers
>Implying the game already hasn't already surpassed an NES platformer

You sound 12.
>>
>>83646434
>a game that has not even come out has already surpassed

clink
0.50$ has been deposited into your account
>>
>>83645860
I think I read that the game originally supposed to just be a boss rush.

The platforming feels tacked on and basic because it probably was tacked on halfway through.
>>
>>83646484
Anyone with eyes could see it's doing more than an NES platformer, unless, of course, you haven't ever played one. Like I said, you sound 12.

>Accusation of viral
Strengthening my opinion there buddy.
>>
>>83646512
The bullet hell mechanics look like shit too. Too slow, too simplistic.
>>
I thought it was going to be a boss rush?
>>
>>83646240
It was, but its gameplay and level design were innovative for the time, so saying "subpar NES" is false when the gameplay is obviously at least 2 generations ahead.
>>
>>83646613
While that guy is being obnoxious about it this game really isn't doing anything "more than an NES platformer" besides maybe the number of enemies on screen which is honestly a bit of a clusterfuck.

But I mean I could list the mechanics seen in OP's webm and cite NES games they appear in.
>>
So this is still only on Xbox and steam right? Fuck me, I don't want to have to buy a xbone just for this
>>
>>83646878
Get it on steam then? I don't think it's going to be a demanding game. You don't have a mac do you?
>>
>>83646878
Wait a while and it'll come out DRM-free. It's exactly the type of game that ends up on GOG or Humble Bundle.
>>
>>83646878
Same. I could get it on my brother's steam.
>>
>>83646738
this
>>
the animation isn't as smooth as it should be.
>>
I'm looking forward to it.

Assuming my laptop can handle the damn thing...
>>
>>83646878

Than get a steam account, or wait for someone to torrent it online.
>>
>>83646878
>>83647165

Or get Windows 10. You might already.
>>
>>83647118
>laptop
>>
>>83647215

>windows 10

Shut the fuck up, Boco.
>>
>>83647249

Just saying. Apparently they aren't giving you a choice anymore.
>>
>>83646070
Actually, one of his super moves is the geyser of milk from the top of his head.
>>
>>83647298
Unless you cut it out with a knife.
>>
>>83647240
Mine can run Witcher 3 so this is no problem.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.