[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some ships were never meant to sail.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

File: maxresdefault.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
Some ships were never meant to sail.
>>
Literally who
>>
>>83630173

i think it's supposed to be Pacifica from Gravity Falls.
>>
>>83630827
From the image I thought it was one of the Louds but the text gives it away.
>>
Hirsch would never let anyone get between Dipper and his sisterfu.
Calling it now, in about 6-10 years things like Game of Thrones and the Frozen fandom will have shifted pop culture's views of incest to where it is in anime. Not totally normal, but not full-stop taboo either. When that happens, Alex will start to imply publically imply/state/whatever that Dipper and Mabel were canon.
>>
File: korraandbolinlaugh.gif (869KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
korraandbolinlaugh.gif
869KB, 500x281px
>>83630158

They actually had good chemistry.

go figure it's the one they ruined off the bat.

Oh well.
>>
>>83630173
>>
>>
>>83634147
Im still sad over this
>>
>>83632920
I think you over state the universal cultural impact of those fandoms. I can see it loosening somewhat (especially since America is one of the only places with a taboo about cousin relationships), but not to the degree that someone would be comfortable openly stating he ships his self insert with his sister's stand in.

Also, thinking that gravity falls (and possibly Hirsch himself) will still be relevant in a decade might be a bit much.
>>
File: zim_and_gaz.png (468KB, 1000x888px) Image search: [Google]
zim_and_gaz.png
468KB, 1000x888px
>>
File: cropped_groping.jpg (99KB, 1020x483px) Image search: [Google]
cropped_groping.jpg
99KB, 1020x483px
>>83632920

nah taboo aside that would be waaaay too akward personally
>>
>>83634147
How was it ruined off the bat, again?
>>
>>83635684
I think having Korea wet her panties over Mako. And thus putting her in a love triangle
>>
>>83634903
I think I just realized why this stupid ship always give me a smile.

They are both really competitive and infatuated with conquest. But Zim is literal and Gaz does it in video games.
>>
>>83634322
>Next Image SuplexCity.jpg
>>
>>83634604
It'll be a gradual thing. Over the next decade we're going to see more and more nudges and hints in popular culture along with the occasional "omg it's so sinful you totally shouldn't be turned on by this graphic depiction of siblings boning" stuff like GoT.
It won't reach the point where it's real world socially acceptable, but it'll be like in anime where as long as it's fiction and they sufficiently dance around it then it's just harmless fun.
As for GF's relevance in 10 years, I really can't think of any successful or cult shows that AREN'T still discussed a decade later. GF may have gone to shit, but people were still hype for it up till the finale.
>>
>>83637115
But it's not okay in anime.

Even in hentai they always stick in a line about "IT'S OKAY, THEY"RE NOT BLOOD RELATED,"
>>
>>83637115

Incest grosses me out but to be totally honest as long as everyone involved is a totally consensual adult and is careful not to make mutant babies to be totally honest I don't actually give that much of a shit if incest happens. If and only if there's really no power imbalance and everyone's of age, it's mostly just a really fucking stupid idea. Most relationships end but now you have to see your ex at every goddamn Thanksgiving for the rest of your life, that kind of thing. It's taboos like pedophilia and bestiality that are in place for the very good reason of participants not being able to consent. Everything else I could learn to mostly ignore. And yes the cousin thing isn't that odd in many places.
>>
>>83637233
That's just flat out wrong. There's a metric shit-ton of mainstream anime that revolves around bro/siscon. It's basically not considered a taboo subject as long as they don't 'cross the line'.
>>
File: 1459390071785.jpg (231KB, 900x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1459390071785.jpg
231KB, 900x1102px
>>83634903
I always liked this ship, though I could never explain why.

I guess >>83635776
>>
File: TheBoyWhoWouldBeQueen068.jpg (68KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
TheBoyWhoWouldBeQueen068.jpg
68KB, 720x544px
Remember when Veronica liking Timmy was a thing?
>>
>>83637357
you realize that isn't even your belief, right? it's just something you've been taught. quite recently.
if your beliefs are based on things either being gross or being society's acceptable dogma, that's invalid. it causes more harm than no morals at all
>>
>>83635740
>love triangle

Ok. How do you do this correctly?
>>
>>83639326
You don't. Love Triangles are terrible and the stuff of bad fanfic.
>>
>>83639326
have it resolve in a threesome, at least if it's composed of 2 or more girls
>>
File: fKKmqjS9mXc.jpg (115KB, 627x1280px) Image search: [Google]
fKKmqjS9mXc.jpg
115KB, 627x1280px
>>83634604
Oh well, we'll always have Reverse.
>>
>>83640849
I hate fandom plots. This is as cringey as HIBY was.
>>
>>83641064
You're not wrong.
>>
File: Vasaskeppet.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Vasaskeppet.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.