[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were a superhero, would you have a no-kill policy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 45

If you were a superhero, would you have a no-kill policy?
>>
>>83621622
There's less paperwork that way
>>
>>83621622
No
>>
>>83621622
what level of super hero?
>>
>>83621622
It really depends on the efficiency of the legal and prison systems. If shit was like Arkham, I'd probably go with killing.
>>
>>83621622
I'd kill in self-defense, but I would not kill as a means of delivering justice.
>>
>>83621640
>>83621736
Basically this
>>
>>83621622
If I kill a villain, won't it make me just like the villain?

If so, I'll seek out and kill villains with really nice power sets
>>
>>83621622

Depends on the villain.

If we're talking simple bank robber in spandex? No-kill.
If we're talking the Joker or someone literally trying to end the world? Put em in a fucking fryer.
>>
>>83621786
Only if you eat there heart afterwards.
>>
If the world has a super hero per every city or just has a lot then I will not kill. If we are few in number then sure. If I had super powers I'm. already breaking the law as a vigilante and I might be sought out as a government threat so might as well go all the way.
>>
>>83621622
I would not kill the general street thugs but the real villains need taking out even if they have no powers, Batman should just slot the Joker and be done with it.
>>
Depends, am I powerful enough to be naturally above the laws of men?
>>
It would depend on what level of crime I am dealing with, what level of hero I am, and what my powers are.

But generally I would try REALLY REALLY hard not to kill anyone.
>>
>>83621706
This

>No powers
Kill, but only bad people
>Street level powers
Try not to kill, but sometimes do
>Decent super powers
Killing as a last resort
>God-like/Cosmic power
No killing

This applies to killing humans. Non-mumans (aliens, robots, demons ect.) have different rules.
>>
It wouldn't be a first resort. But the world would inarguably be a better place without say, Norman Osbourne, Victor Zsasz, Sabretooth, Purple Man, Bullseye, Joker, Darkseid. I really do think there are some people beyond redemption, or people who have committed such atrocities that no amount of repentance or good deeds would ever be enough to make up for it. I wouldn't go around killing common thugs Punisher style, or even nutjobs like Two-Face. But there are definitely characters who are well aware of their sadism and simply don't give a shit because they are despicable people. If I were a superhero, the ones I listed I'd definitely be looking for an excuse to take out.

And for the Joker, I'd have a rape on sight policy.
>>
File: Sanic.png (28KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sanic.png
28KB, 900x900px
>>83621622

That depends on how powerful I am. If I'm merely peak human IE: Comic book "peak human", not anything based in reality. like Batman, then no, mainly because I would still be vulnerable enough that holding back against armed criminals would likely not end very well for me. I wouldn't go out of my way to kill, but in a shootout I'm not going to be pulling any punches.

If I'm Superman-tier, or otherwise immune to anything short of high explosives, then mostly yes, but with some wiggle room in the event I'm up against something or someone that can actually cause me serious harm.

That's just speaking generally. What powers I have would also inform my answer. In fact, just to make things interesting...

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki

>Warping Speed

>The power to move at extreme speed without physical motion. Combination of Absolute Speed, Space-Time Manipulation, Distance Manipulation and Warping Teleportation.

>User becomes a Trans-Dimensional crossroads runner capable of traversing great distances without the need of constitutional locomotion. Essentially moving incredibly fast while not actually moving within any occupied area via dropping in and out between real and subspacial planes in rhythmic pulse intervals, at an incredibly rapid pace much faster than one can achieve though simple running.

>Appearing in one location and then next between moments or adding multiple different movements while all appearing singular to the naked eye. Due to this odd effect of zipping in and out of dimensional variances a static bubble is generated, erecting around the runner while in the process of transmigration creating a strong if not nigh-impermeable field which can violently repel whatever the individual comes in contact with greatly increasing whatever force one might have or attract it causing them to harmlessly phase-shift around or through anything in their path.

No-Kill Rule it is then.
>>
>>83621622

Depends how powerful I was and how powerful my adversary was. If I had Supermans power cunts like Zod and Mongul would not be given a second chance
>>
>>83621622
Absolutely not, though it would depend on the threat and my power level.
If it's on Earth I'll try to stick with the local law but some space abomination trying to destroy everything is an easy kill
>>
File: killrazor2.jpg (65KB, 568x640px) Image search: [Google]
killrazor2.jpg
65KB, 568x640px
>>83621805

Since you put it that way, I feel like a 90s-style edgelord.
>>
>>83621622
No, I wouldn't kill everyone but like joker can't keep going
>>
>>83622207

You don't need to kill him, just rape him until he quits a life of crime and lives for your cock alone.
>>
Depends.
>>
>>83621622
Yes, but I'd let them commit their crime follow them and kill them in their homes or lairs.
But in general I'd have a three strikes rule you get to three arrests if you escape or are released for whatever reason three times and you continue to commit life threatening crimes, then you just wake up dead one day.

I'm not even sure I'd be a superhero, if there were other super heroes then definitely not, I'd just be a villain murderer.
>>
File: tumblr_mw99nydEEY1s6cql7o1_500.gif (725KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mw99nydEEY1s6cql7o1_500.gif
725KB, 500x378px
>>83621622
I'd probably be the tree hugging hero who refuses to kill. I'm a lover, man.
>>
>>83622311
There's a fine line between superhero and serial killer.
>>
>>83622272
That sounds fun why doesn't batman do this?
>>
>>83621750
>I'd kill in self-defense,
If you're a hero it wouldn't hold up that well in court.
>>
i would just serve as a witness at trial to argue for death.
>>
you know what, if I had the power and the villain is that much of a threat, I'll just go to the mayor or the chief of police or whatever and just straight up have them make the call. I don't think my moral high ground is more important than the will and safety of the people I'm supposedly protecting
>>
>>83622349
I know it's anime only, but you do know he ordered his followers to destroy a village and throw a little girl into a volcano, right?
>>
>>83621622

If I'm fighting bank robbers and street levels than I wouldn't kill. If I'm fighting mass murderers or people who are trying to destroy the planet then I would kill.
>>
>>83621622
Yes, but I'd break it for omnicidal alien dictators and stuff like that.
>>
>>83622414

Self defense is a viable defense. Especially in a world where criminals are trying to destroy the planet every day.
>>
>>83622414
>Try to stop people from robbing bank
>they shoot at you with the intention of killing you
>you kill them because they were shooting at you
>you go to jail
what country are you from?
>>
>>83622462
I only used an image of Shaka because he looks holy as fuck.
>>
Villians I'd kill and not lose a wink of sleep over:

Joker
Zsasz
Zod
Amazo
Scarecrow
Black Mask
Any Black Lantern
Doctor Light
Ras Al Ghul
Vandal Savage
Doomsday
Solomon Grundy
Bizzaro
Killer Frost
Lobo
Major Force
Chemo
Starro
Green Goblin
Sabretooth
Purple Man
Bullseye
Barracuda
Red Skull
Crossbones
Dracula
Carnage

And if had enough cosmic power to kill them (which would put me well above any "normal" superhero):

Thanos
Darkseid
Ares
Anti-Monitor
Superboy Prime
Mephisto
Shuma-Gurath
Trigon
>>
>>83622414

Also depends on where you are and what your basis for self defense is.

Punisher could kill gang bangers in California but still go to jail for possession of illegal firearms, firing a weapon within city limits, illegal concealment and carry of loaded weapons... etc... technically speaking
>>
File: 1464622379914.jpg (429KB, 1172x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1464622379914.jpg
429KB, 1172x1600px
Depending on the power set I have.

If I am close to street level, I would only kill as a last resort.

If I am far stronger, like galactic level, I would probably resort to being a contingency plan sort of hero, letting the other heroes (if there are other heroes) deal with the many problems of the world, and when something seriously big and bad comes around that none of the other heroes can deal with, I'll come around and deal with the problem, and if its something at that stage, killing is probably a necessity
>>
>>83622520
Well are they gonna put the robber's corpse in jail anon?
>>
File: 1394156670678.jpg (530KB, 2560x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1394156670678.jpg
530KB, 2560x1338px
>>83622007
>>God-like/Cosmic power
>No killing
>not killing cosmetic horrors/threats
>>
File: hyogaRI.jpg (85KB, 880x460px) Image search: [Google]
hyogaRI.jpg
85KB, 880x460px
>>83622527
Aye, that he does.
>>
>>83621622
honestly, if I were a superhero, I'd probably fixate less on fights and more on heroism, like putting out fires and carrying organ transplants and shit like that.
so yeah, I'd have a no-kill policy, because I'm way more comfortable being a civilian hero than a Cape wearing LEO.
>>
>>83622357
I might be wrong But I don't think I cross it. That's what the whole three strikes thing does. It gives them a fair opportunity to realize the error of their ways and make corrections.

I'm not even really sure their are that many villains that fall under that category really.
>Joker
>Sabretooth
>Prof Zoom
>Ra's Al Ghul
... I'm not even sure Lex Luthor fits into my criteria.

You'd have to be actively killing or trying to kill people and be arrested or stopped on three different occasions. Then after your fourth attempt, yea, I murder you in your sleep.

That seems fair to me.
>>
>>83621622
I'd probably be like Luther Strode.
Exhaust every alternative to pacify my opponent, or convince them to stand down. If there are no other options, I would aim to kill them.
>>
The no-kill policy is pretty stupid when you think about it.
I mean Spiderman will literally fall of the sky and land a kick on some dude. That could obviously kill him. Batman with his bullshit, broke his spine but didn't kill him is completely hypocritcal too. Pretty much all capes are endangering the bad guys life in every fight. I could understand a "no killing in cold blood" policy but then again most of them turn the bad guys to a jury system that could sentence them to be killed in cold blood.
>>
>>83622015
>And for the Joker, I'd have a rape on sight policy.
>>
>>83621622
Probably, cause im a little bitch and get squimish at the sight of real blood.
>>
>>83621640
Not really.
>>
>>83621622
No
>>
No. Some people simply need to die, but I wouldn't make them suffer or just kill every crime committing jackass. Just a clean death if at all possible
>>
>>83621622

It wouldn't be a "Strictly No-Kill" policy. It'd be more like "Neutralize threat with appropriate force."

Does he/she/it need to be killed based on the threat they immediately pose to myself and the general public? Can I afford to let this person survive or potentially escape? Do I have a power that can effectively solve the problem that has gone under-used?" (Prof X I'm looking at you!)
>>
>>83622630
A picture of a left-handed knight?
Rare indeed.
>>
>>83621622
Yes, because there is no comicbook level supervillain threat in the real world.
>>
Depends on the crime. You bet your NEET ass I'd kill the Joker. As for petty thievery and the like, I'd turn them into the police.
>>
File: BSSNql6CQAEGBCZ.jpg (46KB, 631x840px) Image search: [Google]
BSSNql6CQAEGBCZ.jpg
46KB, 631x840px
>>83622640
>cosmetic horrors
>>
>>83621622
If I had superhuman abilities, chances are that I wouldn't be a hero.
>>
>>83623242
Fucking kek
>>
>>83622900
I'm sort of with you here... but I still think there are people, many of whom I've listed here:>>83622621 that you could justifiably kill in their sleep. I'd add Prof Zoom to that list too now that I think about it.
>>
>>83623248

Yeah, I realized this fact during high school. My kids think "Dad would be a hero."

I tell them, "No, but I'd still kill bad people and protect you." The oldest is starting to realize the difference between "Hero" and what I just said.
>>
>>83622991
Link is left handed.
>>
>>83622640
Yo, in this anon's pic, what do you even do in a fight on this level?
>>
>>83621622

To a point. If there's no other option to prevent a greater evil, you might have to use lethal force.

Justifiable self-defense relies a lot on what power level you have too. Street-level characters have less room for error when making those judgments than say, an invulnerable flying brick.
>>
>>83623321

Totally.

Joker and Carnage, for example. When therapy or incarceration first fail (which comes with casualties when either J or C are involved), they die when I find them. Unrepentant, psychotic super killers need to die.

Think of all the lives that would've been saved if these two had just died early on.
>>
Depends on what I deal with. If I'm street level I probably would. irl people tend to break out of jail far less often.
>>
>>83623429
Agreed. Not to be an edgelord, but I wouldn't kill common thugs or henchmen on sight. Even supervillians who can be reasoned with like Sinestro or Black Adam, or the ones who are suffering a genuine mental illness like Two-Face, Croc or Riddler I'd be reluctant to kill. But there are many characters (Joker and Carnage are the ones who come to mind from DC and Marvel) who simply have no excuse being alive, are beyond redemption and can (in my eyes) be justifiably killed at any point in time for any reason. It would be okay to kill them while they are sleeping, taking a shit or reading a book.
>>
>>83621622
What popular heroes even have this besides Bats, Supes, and Spidey? I don't remember goody-goody heroes like Captain America ever trying too hard not to kill someone.
>>
File: Dreddvdeath_1024.jpg (149KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dreddvdeath_1024.jpg
149KB, 1024x768px
No, I'd known when I would be righteous in my execution of an evil doer or when I wasn't. I would never take pleasure in killing a villain though, I would always take it as a duty of mine in regards to my adherents to righteous authority.
>>
>>83621622
Yes, but I would advocate for the death penalty once they are in captivity.
>>
>>83621622
Killing street criminals or low level villains is unnecessary and opens up a lot of doors to slippery territory. So if I were say, Daredevil I would have a strict no kill policy.

That being said, in a world where beings like Darkseid exist a no kill policy seems pretty impractical. Youd have to put an end to someone as big a threat as him. Id also say killing would be a-okay if humanity was at all out war with a global threat
>>
File: 1458975930609.jpg (39KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1458975930609.jpg
39KB, 680x680px
>>83621622
For high profile repeat offenders, yeah but I would do it in a way where they'll never know it was my heros persona doing the killing. I would probably make up a fakw super villian or anti hero to do all the killing. Eventually I would start using that villian persona to get inside info on all the villains plans ans shit. I could even go in too deep and the lines betweeb good and bad are blurres where even my alter ego doent know who is real and who is the facade.
>>
>>83623611
Cap has said "Avengers don't kill", but that may only apply to essentially-human civilian combatants.
>>
>>83621622
No.
Real question here: Why fight crime outside the law if you have a no kill policy? Why not just become a cop like Savage Dragon?
>>
I'd probably just cut off their hands and feet or something. If they keep being evil after I cut off a bunch of parts I'd consider killing them. If possible do something like Punisher 2099 and have my own jail to keep them in.
All and all it depends on the situation.
>>
I'd probably kill depending on the severity of their actions.
>>
>>83623611
>>83623802
For years The Avengers had an official no kill policy. They were allowed to operate because of a detailed government charter that outlines the rules they had to follow. There was a major arc in WCA when Mockingbird killed a man that led to the team splitting in two and her marriage to Hawkeye ending.
>>
>>83623823
>Why not just become a cop
Probably because there is no way they will out on the field with those skills.
>>
>>83621622
No, but I would not be judge, jury and executioner either. If I can take them in without killing them, I will, but I will kill them if needed to stop them from hurting innocent people, and there's no other way of stopping them, that won't put other people in danger.
>>
File: 1430555258993.jpg (27KB, 235x247px) Image search: [Google]
1430555258993.jpg
27KB, 235x247px
>>83621622
I'd give my rogues a three strike policy. If they manage to escape from prison after the third time I put them in there, they're going into my personal maximum security cell. If they escape that, I kill them.

If, however, they rack up a body count on the first strike, they'll have to be put down immediately. I'm not tolerating that shit
>>
>>83621622
Nope
>>
>>83624616
Enjoy being the least interesting superhero ever.
>>
no, but I would try my best to avoid killing

sometimes it can't be helped
>>
>>83621622
Sure, that's a job for the courts.
Why should I have to get my gloves dirt?
>>
I'll break arms and legs, but probably not intentionally kill them. Also, jaws. Mastermind your way through a straw if you're so great.
>>
......horrible debilitating injuries. I won't commit murder, but i might make them wish they were dead, and i'd make sure they couldn't do it again. i assume we're talking super villains here, i'm not going to fuck up your average crook that bad (though the gloves are off with rapists)
>>
>>83621622
I'd avoid it, but I would kill if I saw it necessary. I know that begs the question "what constitutes necessity?" and honestly, that would really depend on whatever happens in the moment.
>>
Depends on super-power and laws senpai.

However if I was a superhero I'd probably get a lame power so instead I'd keep living my life normally.
>>
Trick question. I wouldn't be a superhero. I'd be the lowest-profile super villain possible. Like if I had Superman's powers, I'd just wear a mask and rob a liquor store. Run out like a normal guy then, when off camera, fly to a different part of the country.

Never work an honest day again, just dick around. Maaaaybe go fight if the world was in danger and nobody else was handling it. The world is where I keep my shit.
>>
>>83622414

>Superheroes.
>Going to court.
>>
>>83622520

Sweden.
>>
>>83625112
>annus domini [CURRENT YEAR]
>Not taking super"heroes" to court for beating up villains
I mean, CURRENT YEAR people!!
>>
If I was a super hero I would kill anybody I thought deserved to die, not a fan of responsibility
>>
What if your power is to literally become stronger the more people you kill? Like, you start off at whatever your base level is right now, but if you kill an adult human male, you're now as strong/tough as two humans.

Like some kind of vampire I guess. Kill a dozen dudes and you're probably strong enough to shrug off small arms fire. So basically, the more people you're allowed to kill, the better a superhero/protector you are.
>>
>>83622520
Britain probably.
>>
>>83625283
I think that power is better suited for a supervillain.
>>
>>83621622
Nah.
I'd let people think I did, though. Assuming my super powers included enough defensive capabilities that I didn't have to worry about bullets.
>>
>>83624616
>>83623836
>>83624954

>LOCAL METAHUMAN DISPENSES OWN BRAND OF TWISTED JUSTICE
>CITY PARALYZED WITH FEAR AT WHAT THE MANIAC WILL DO NEXT
>POLICE MANHUNT UNDERWAY TO APPREHEND VIOLENT LUNATIC VIGILANTE
>>
>>83625356
Tough cookies, that's the power you get. Would you do it?
>>
>>83625356
>Not working as the local executioner
literally FREE power
>>
File: logo-gotedgy[1].png (10KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
logo-gotedgy[1].png
10KB, 323x323px
>>83623836
>>83624765
>>83624954
>>
>>83621622
No. It's completely illogical. Even unjust at times.
>>
File: punisher-daredevil-164108.jpg (55KB, 655x374px) Image search: [Google]
punisher-daredevil-164108.jpg
55KB, 655x374px
>>83621622
I'd try not to kill people, but if killing is the option that has the highest probability of minimum civilian casualties, or if it's only option , I wouldn't hesitate to do it.

In this situation I shoot the Punisher. No questions asked.
>>
>>83621622

It'd be more of a guideline than a rule.
>>
>>83621622
If I absolutely needed to and found no other way to save whatever lives were at risk. Or for mercy.
>>
>>83625481
i never realized until now but they pretty much did this scene shot for shot in the show. Fuck I keep finding things I love about it.
>>
I wouldn't just kill everyone it'd be one of those last option things. The gloves would come off for guys like the Joker and Carnage though.
>>
>>83625481
>DD shoots Frank
>He's now stuck on the roof with no one knowing he's there
>>
>>83626178
You mean except for the gunshot in the middle of a crowded city?
>>
>>83626196
>A gunshot in NY
>Not just white noise by now
>>
File: spiderman_on_vacation.jpg (63KB, 475x296px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman_on_vacation.jpg
63KB, 475x296px
I'd try not to kill if it's a human. If the villain is a cyborg/monster then it's fair game if they won't/can't redeem themselves
>>
>>83623823
Red tape, chain of command, having scheduled work hours...
>>
>>83626279
I monster I can get since it could just have the sentience of an animal, but a cyborg? That's just a human with robot shit tacked onto it.
>>
>>83623404
interanl damage if thats not possible just do lacerations if thats not possible just keep pushing him back untill hes out of the galaxy or away from any inhabited planets and just wait
>>
>>83624644
its not about being interesting its about being effective
>>
>>83622621
>killing Ares

How's it feel not understanding human nature at all?
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
Why?
>>
>>83622621
>He would kill Ras Al Ghul, saviour of the human race.

Awful

>He would kill Scarecrow, who's just a sick individual, his mind snapped from the bullying he went through as a young man

Also bad

>He would kill hero Zod

Now you are just trolling.
>>
No killing. Consistent killing will lead to crackdowns on the entire vigilante community
>>
File: 1434435870339.jpg (135KB, 878x910px) Image search: [Google]
1434435870339.jpg
135KB, 878x910px
>>83626513
You could be an antihero who kills villians with high body counts the more moralfag heroes don't want to kill. You would exist outside the visible hero community, only stepping out of the shadows to administer justice when a villian has gone to far without facing the ultimate punishment. A terror who slip past the defenses of any maximum security prison, no villian is safe from your wrath. What would your powerset be?
>>
No kill's fairly strong wording.

As a general rule I try to avoid lasting damage when in fights or that one time I caught a rapist (I have cosmically craptastic luck and have already landed in several lifetimes worth of shit by my mid20s), but if shit just happens I'm not gonna sweat it. Fortunately nothing's happened yet.
>>
>>83626584
Super rape, of course
>>
>>83626645
So Ghost Rider?
>>
>>83621622
Yeah, but it wouldn't be completely inflexible.

Also, I might not intervene when a third party tries to kill someone who I think had it coming. If Commissioner Gordon or Jason Todd was gonna kill the Joker, I wouldn't stop them.
>>
File: Caesar.jpg (36KB, 411x321px) Image search: [Google]
Caesar.jpg
36KB, 411x321px
Yes I would.

I would also have
a "left on an uninhabited island"-policy,
a "killed by a freak accident"-policy,
a "became paralyzed from neck down due to unavoidable circumstances"-policy,
a "missing, presumed alive"-policy,
a "in a catatonic state due to unknown psychological trauma"-policy

etc etc
>>
>>83626672
>a "missing, presumed alive"-policy,
That's Batman's policy and it's terrible.
>>
>>83626687
Forgot my "technically/clinically alive"-policy.
>>
File: I want to live forever.jpg (107KB, 1900x900px) Image search: [Google]
I want to live forever.jpg
107KB, 1900x900px
>>83622621
>killing Ras
> Ubu: It would be ashame if we just throw the master in a pit of goop and ruin your hard work.
>>
>>83626687
All of those anon said were basically Batman Beyond villain's ends.
>>
File: 1430789991393.jpg (49KB, 229x296px) Image search: [Google]
1430789991393.jpg
49KB, 229x296px
>>83626645
Goddamit Gordon, rape isn't the answer for everything!
>>
>>83623823
Some heroes aren't "full-time" and have jobs they like.
>>
For the most part, killing is wrong in all its forms and we need to try to rise above the temptation. All human beings are damaged, to some degree, and they deserve compassion and help to be better than they are. Killing them just ends that potentiality before it can come to fruition. We need to do our best to bring people back from the brink. Everyone can be redeemed, and so everyone deserves redemption.

That's the ideal, anyway. Sadly I think that some people actually are too far gone. They've been damaged, and through that damage they've built the desire to injure others. Some people do genuinely just want to cause others harm. And we need to try to help them see there's a better way. But sometimes that's not feasible. Sometimes they can't be saved, possibly because they don't want to be. And in those instances, it may be more responsible to kill them, if only to spare others from being destroyed by them.
>>
>>83623429
What would the point to killing the likes of the Joker or Carnage if they'll just be brought back to life for next month's event?
>>
>>83621622

Me; with my same personality? No

As a hypothetical superhero depends on power levels and powers.
>>
What he fuck are Batman's rules nowadays anyway? He strays from killing any human beings, but with aliens or monsters, all bets are off. Who's to say there's not some space kid out there whose parents were brutally murdered by the Batman?
>>
>>83625283
Do I have to kill them with my bare hands for it to take effect or could I just snipe them from a mile away?
>>
>>83622621

Why even bothering have Vandal Savage and Ra's al Ghul on there?
>>
>>83626336
What if it's an animal cyborg?
>>
Why doesn't Batman just cripple the Joker? I'd say that's penance enough for the hundreds of lives he's taken. And he's not dead, so it's fine. A solid kick to the spine and the killing stops.
>>
>>83627008

Cause there are three f a m
>>
>/co/ goes absolutely livid when a superhero kills
>Completely ok if they do it
>>
Honestly if I had super powers I would most likely still just sit around and do only mundane shit around the house with them.
>>
>>83627064
Same to be quite honest family.

What I really want is teleportation powers so I don't have to drive in rush hour anymore. Just get up at 7:50, shower and brush my teeth, then BAMF to work at 8.
>>
>>83627008
Because then Joker wouldn't be able to kill people. Batman is actually a necrophiliac and anything Joker does is get him off.
>>
>>83627064
I don't think I'd change anything in my life. I wouldn't hide the powers, but I'd try not to make a big deal out of them. That's the path that leads to viral stardom, and I don't want to end up like, I dunno...Alex from Target. Something like that.
>>
>>83627064
For me it depends on what type of powers I had, but if I had Supes style powers I would trespass and go where ever I wanted to just for the hell of it. It's not like they could stop me.
>>
>>83627040
The super heroes we go livid about killing are supposed to be moral paragons. Examples of how we all should ideally act.

We're just some faggots who read comic books.
>>
>>83621736
Probably this.
>>
>>83627258
This. It's not like anyone gives a fuck if Logan Snikts some bubs, and people love Frank for doing it, since it's a huge part of his character.
>>
>>83627285
And I guess if it was people that dident technicly break the law I would maybe kill them or possibly just lock them in my private jail.

I would have a hall of censors where censors are rededicated on the evils of censorship
>>
>>83621622

Nothing specific, maybe only in self-defense or defense of another, or perhaps if the bad guy is one of those "no prison can hold me" types; I'm not a murderer now (that anyone can prove), why would I become one as a superhero?
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 274x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 274x200px
>>83625385
>Paralyzed with fear
Don't you mean crippled with fear
>>
>>83627401
No, I fucking don't.
>>
File: midnighter.jpg (44KB, 400x383px) Image search: [Google]
midnighter.jpg
44KB, 400x383px
>>83621622
>>
File: 1358389857598.jpg (22KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1358389857598.jpg
22KB, 320x287px
Not really. Supposedly I'm already taking the law into my own hands, so lethal force wouldn't be too much to handle since I'm also committing property damage, instigation of criminal activity, and interference with law enforced investigations.

Plus, this is real life, so I wouldn't have to pander to neckbeards and their status quo.
>>
>>83621622
I'd have a three strikes policy.
>>
>>83621622
Depends on the crime.
>>
>>83628147
In a realistic setting, you wouldn't even need that. In the real world, it is very very rare for a criminal to escape prison because it's so damn hard, and if they're released legally, it takes years.
This of course doesn't really apply for rich people, but even they have trouble if their crime is murder and not the usual white collar stuff.
>>
>>83621622
I wouldn't be a cold-blooded murderer/executioner, but I would be willing to kill in self-defense, afer all there's a reason the law allows it. If a villain happens to die during a fight with me, it's his own fault and no jury would convict me.
>>
>>83628332
jailbreaks are a lot easier when there's supervillains
>>
>>83622414
Depends? Superman could just freeze a nigga's gun and then sit on him until police arrived, but if the same thing happened to, say, anyone who's not bulletproof they would probably be judged right in using lethal force in answer to lethal force

Come to think of it it would require legislations to make a difference on ruling what "lethal force" is based on the capabilities of the target of said force. We don't have that in our laws because we don't have to deal with superhumans, so what could kil la guy could pretty much kill the rest of the 7 billions guys on the planet, but it could be a real problem with the judicial system. If the law was applied the same without considering superpowers into the equation, then Superman could kill with impunity anyone who drew on him. Hell he could answer a gun with his fists and it owuld probably not evne be "excess in self-defense".
>>
>>83622414
Why not? Self-defense is a valid defense for anyone in real life. If you can prove that either your life or the life of others was threatened by a villain and he needed to be stopped, no jury will convict you, hell I doubt the DA will even press charges.
If however you defeat a villain and then shoot him in the head, you're in trouble.
>>
>>83621622
I would administer a quick death to those who deserve it, and a painful scorching suffering to the wicked bastards who deserve it.

I'm talking high tier dipshits tho, like human traffickers and untouachable figures in power.

I probably wouldn't bother with small crime, there's police for that.
>>
>>83621622
street level=no
god level=yes
>>
>>83621622

I would kill if the system does not work like in Batman's case. I would feel responsible if the person I put away kept escaping and killing people.
>>
>>83621622
I would definitely kill unless I was worried about legal consequences.
>>
If I had enough power to do so, I would impose my will upon all humanity. I think I have a good moral compass, so the world would be a better place. I believe in rehabilitation, so criminals would be punished with a view to total redemption - i.e. not having criminal records marring their future prospects. Of course, the current prison system is woefully inadequate. I would set up a Victorian-style system with penitent isolation and scope for self-improvement and meditation. It would be almost monastic and would not have scope for increasing criminality or criminal contacts.

However, there would be an initial purge. All the corrupt politicians. All the street thugs enforcing a system that would keep their peers down - non-complicance with the police, gangs and their leaders, calling those who work hard Uncle Toms etc - would be eradicated. The entire continent of Africa would need to have its leadership and society ripped apart. The same for countries under Shariah Law.

From there, a new society could be built sharing common goals. Cooperation. No more wars or tribes.
>>
>>83625428
Aren't executioners chosen in a rotation out of prison guards? And these days there aren't many death sentences carried out. So you wouldn't be in a position to gain that much power, right?
>>
>>83621622
No, and I'd hope to God that killing would never become easy for me.
>>
>>83621622

I would at first. But after I throw the first three or four people into outer space then I won't have to anymore.
>>
File: 1461571103953.jpg (59KB, 640x590px) Image search: [Google]
1461571103953.jpg
59KB, 640x590px
Only in regard to animals.

Maaaaayyybe children.
>>
>>83628597
>If I had enough power to do so, I would impose my will upon all humanity.
come on dude, really?

At least carve out a plot of territory for yourself and declare it sovereign land as a test run
>>
File: 1465182208078.jpg (1MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
1465182208078.jpg
1MB, 1920x2951px
>>83622007
>This applies to killing humans. Non-mumans (aliens, robots, demons ect.) have different rules.

Bullshit. I always hate it when a "hero" kills a robot that has shown sentience or alien soldiers who might as well could have been enlisted against their will.
Fuck every single hero who does this
>>
>>83621622
If I was a superhero I'd probably end as supervillain.

"You can't take the law into your own hands!"
>BEGONE, HUMAN!
>ZOOOOOOOOOOM
>>
File: Death_Note.jpg (696KB, 2100x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Note.jpg
696KB, 2100x2100px
ITT: bitter white suburban 16-22 year old egdelords who believe they wield supreme moral authority despite never holding a steady job or leaving mom's basement for an extended period of time
>>
File: 1458106638753.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1458106638753.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>83628775
the lord giveth, the lord taketh away
>>
File: 1463164947950.gif (993KB, 450x243px) Image search: [Google]
1463164947950.gif
993KB, 450x243px
If I have criminals on par with the crazies from Gotham, I'd kill them on the spot to be frank. At some point, you're no better from the murderer from constantly letting them live, just so they can eventually kill again when you could have stopped it.

Because it's not a comic book that requires more sales so we need to keep them alive, its actual life and death situations and issues from those things.
>>
Depends on the law in my country/country.
If it's illegal to kill other people, then I wouldn't.
If it's not, then I most likely would.
>>
>>83628802
Anyone who would have capacity to single-handedly enforce right and wrong would be villain for many.

And if you choose to resign to what government tells you to do? Chances are, the government will grow (even more) corrupt with such an enforcer.
>>
>>83628808
>ITT: bitter white suburban 16-22 year old egdelords

You forgot "male". If you're gonna shitpost you gotta be thorough.
>>
>>83621622
I don't get you nerds.
You just don't kill. If you're a normal person, you don't kill. If you're a person who can fly, you don't kill.
>>
>>83628900

Do yous seriously believe that that doesn't describe 90% of this board's userbase?
>>
>>83628931
Death penalty is a thing. Use of lethal force by police and military is a thing. Lynching wherever government fails us is a thing.

You kill. You vote for people and feed people to kill for you. The society is built around killing.
>>
File: 1457387598057.png (2KB, 142x138px) Image search: [Google]
1457387598057.png
2KB, 142x138px
>>83628956
Well whatever percentage it is, you make up the remaining percentage of shitposters and whiners.
>>
>>83628931
all I'm saying is if you hurt one of my loved ones you're gonna need a colostomy bag for the rest of your life
>>
>>83628982

It's not mutually exclusive
>>
File: 4537.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
4537.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>83628965
>>
>>83628991
And you're not any better than "them."
>>
File: I_dont_know.jpg (36KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
I_dont_know.jpg
36KB, 512x384px
I guess I wouldn't make it a hard and fast rule, just the best case scenario. If it came to my life or the lives of innocent people against the villain, yeah I'd kill a murderous villain and not feel too bad.
>>
File: 8990.jpg (74KB, 613x425px) Image search: [Google]
8990.jpg
74KB, 613x425px
>>83628988

Sure thing tough guy
>>
>>83628931
Normal people don't deal with mass murderer or people who want to destroy the world daily.
>>
>>83622621
>killing Lobo

Looks like there's a bastich here who don't know fragging much of anything about the Main Man.
>>
File: 1458525812864.jpg (11KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1458525812864.jpg
11KB, 325x325px
>>83621622
Well let's see
>I'm a demigod among mortals
>There are over 7 billion human beings with more being made every moment of every day

Somehow I think even if I did have a no-kill policy it wouldn't last very long.
>>
>>83621622
Yes, whenever practical. If it's not practical then I'm not going to bother putting myself and others at risk, but there's no reason to use lethal force if I don't absolutely need to. It just gets me a bad reputation and closes a lot of useful doors.
>>
File: 180px-Commgordon1.jpg (6KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Commgordon1.jpg
6KB, 180x135px
>>83622015
Well then, stranger, I'd be glad to arrange for a bit of evidence to go missing at your trial.
>>
>>83621622
No. I'm not trying to be a fucking edgelord here but if good ole clowny the clown sets off a bomb and kills a bunch of people and he keeps escaping prison and just refuses to stop murdering people I'd have to put a stop to it.
I wouldn't go around killing bank robbers or thieves, but if there's a guy who repeatedly endangers the people and makes them fear for their lives every day then I'd kill him.
>>
>>83629002
OK, bud. React with funny webm on factual statement.
>>
>>83628680

Do you mean if they're harming animals or children, or you'd kill animals and children?
>>
>>83629105
As in I wouldn't kill animals or children.
>>
>>83622621
>Light
Rape isn't a capital offense, /co/mblr. Dude's a pussy.

>Ras
>Vandal Savage
>Grundy
Go ahead, for all the good it will do you

>Bizarro
That's really just euthanasia if you think about it, they execute retards in Texas all the time.

>Dracula
I mean, he's not human, so I doubt too many people would call you on it

>Superboy Prime
Isn't he just a typical /r9k/ wizard though?

>Lobo
>Villain
>>
>>83626970
There's an immortal killer gun that can take him out
Only good thing to come out of Trinity of sin pandora
>>
>>83622621
>Doctor Light
Wait what the fuck did doctor light do to make him deserve this.
>>
>>83629317
He raped Elongated Man's wife.
Then the heroes gave him a partial lobotomy which is why he always jobbed to the Teen Titans
>>
>>83621640
this
>>
If I could, I'd like a nice Rogues set up. No killing, just robbery and theft and other clever villainy. Simple Saturday cartoon competition.
>>
>>83622627
I mean, from a law and order perspective Punisher should absolutely be in prison.
>>
>>83622007
>God-like/Cosmic power
>No killing
Why? On this power-level you can kill as much as you want without being questioned. You are a god, act like one.
>>
>>83628775
Hi there, Mr Robot!

Hey um. Uh, could you stop trashing my city please? You're standing in the rubble of used to be the best pizza place around. Also, that pediatric hospital back there contained over a thousand children & quite a few health care workers before you cratered it.

I know you're only doing what you've been programmed to do. Let's go see Ms Mech & get you looked at, ok?
>>
>>83621622
No, some beings can't be contained long enough. I wont enjoy it though.
>>
>>83621622
No, Id have the Opposite policy which is kill all
No Man No problem
>>
>>83622071
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Milk_Transmutation

with this, it seems I'm all out of options. Kill All policy it is then.
>>
>>83628775
Holy shit, that is Death's Head, no? What issue is that page from?
>>
>>83628708
>At least carve out a plot of territory for yourself and declare it sovereign land as a test run
Good idea. I would also surround myself with wise men so I didn't fuck up too much - and not sycophants either. People with a proven track record of wanting to help humanity. All shades of the political and philosophical spectrum. Even then though, there's no guarantee.
>>
>>83630214
on one hand, it didn't work for Magneto or Xavier, on the other hand, it worked excellently for Cable right up until he died and the thing literally came crashing down.
>>
>>83630114
thanks, Ultron
>>
File: baits set.jpg (88KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
baits set.jpg
88KB, 1024x768px
>>83628880
>Depends on the law in my country
>>
>>83621622
If I had b teir or lower I'd probably just be a mercenary or henchmen for hire
>>
File: 1460437878613.jpg (54KB, 457x412px) Image search: [Google]
1460437878613.jpg
54KB, 457x412px
>>83621622
Nah, I'd kill and keep killing. I'd make it a point to kill important religious, political, and philosophical leaders from all walks of life too. I'd also destroy their treasured, sacred structures. Nothing makes people come together like a common enemy. Humanity doesn't need a hero, it needs one supreme cunt so they can all forget that they want to kill each other for five minutes.
>>
>>83630347
fact
99% of the major crimes and genocides are done by organics
>>
Murderers get killed. Without a doubt.

Robbers get a free pass to jail.

>>83622414
I had an argument with a guy about this last week. A black guy snuck into a 52 year old ladies home in the middle of the night to steal stuff and she shot him down. Of course he'd done it before. And of course his family said he was a good boy that didn't do nothing, loved education and only stole because that's how you get clothes in the hood.
>>
If they are Fucked up like eth Joker yeah, but if they are mentally disturbed or have a sob story like Doll Face then rehabilitation is the better choice, even if it means you have to take time out to help them along
>>
>>83630379
>FACT
An alcoholic android is running Top Gear now?
>>
>>83630411
I hope that if I get killed because I'm doing something stupid my friends and family will just say "Yeah, he could be a real asshole sometimes. Guess it finally caught up with him."
>>
File: superman-no-kill.jpg (32KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
superman-no-kill.jpg
32KB, 400x319px
>>83621622

Yes. Not so much because I feel that everybody has a right to live, but because any one individual should not make that decision.

You have to draw the line somewhere. Killing seems the right place. If a criminal deserves to die, let someone else take that decision - someone who gets their power from legal authority, rather than nature or radioactivity.
>>
>>83630379
your next line is 'my own actions, as the work of an individual, are an outlier and should not be counted'
>>
>>83630371
Edgy
But it makes some sense I guess. Be my arch-enemy.
>>
How fucked would todats world be if ever person on /co/ today got a random super power?
>>
>>83621622
>2016
>Not putting the whole world in a bottle
Luthor and Superman was wrong the world needs to be put in a bottle
>>
>>83630523
I can't speak for everyone but I'd probably still be an anti-social shut in.
>>
>>83621622

If there was no one to stop me I'd have an over-kill policy.
>>
File: 5467.jpg (8KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
5467.jpg
8KB, 255x247px
ITT: Those anons that miss the point and unironically think Rorschach is cool

ITT: Those anons that defend Zack Snyder movies
>>
>>83622621
>No females
How about that
>>
>>83628851

They had better not have given him any shit over this.

The one time Hank Pym is effective.
>>
>>83626878

The solution is to destroy their immortality and any method of regeneration. That means killing his popularity among fans. It can be done with an outdated rap number, an unironic dubstep remix with MC Joker, have him turn into a political nightmare (he supports Donald Trump, or talks mostly about feminism, etc).

When you destroy his ratings, you take away his power.
>>
Hey /cco/, despite all the terrible stuff that might happen would you become a b-list hero in DC or Marvel?
>>
>>83630523
considering this is aussie power hour, the rest of the world would probably be fine, while Mad Max arrives here a little sooner
>>
>>83630586
ITT: People go ITT to complain about everyone else in ITT instead of posting anything interesting ITT. ITT. ITTITTIITIITTIT
>>
>>83630588

Granny Goodness... Lady Styx... Talia Head... um..

Wow, this is pretty difficult.
>>
>>83630586
>t. villain defense attorney
>>
>>83630523
It depends on my powerlevel, but I would either use my new-found talents for justice or rape. I know Two-Face got there first, but I can see myself tossing a coin or maybe rolling a dice if I was conflicted.
>>
>>83627008
Why not shoot the Joker in the spine?
>>
>>83630588
Killer Frost is literally on that list
>>
>>83628597
You be better of leading a small country like Dr Doom man
>>
>All these people who will kill first offence
You'd be the reason for a crack down on meta-humans and vigilantes
>>
>>83621622
I would not have a no kill policy at all. Here's the thing, though you can't go into it with the intent to murder, but if you gotta kill someone because they're an immediate lethal threat and there's no other way to defend someone or stop them, hell yeah, I'd kill any one of the villians without a hint of sleep.

I'd kill the Shocker if he was in the midst of murdering a child. However without that immediate, and basically no-win situation present, I wouldn't kill anyone. If the joker had already killed 50 people and I was in the middle of pursuing and beating him silly, I wouldn't kill him because that's just an execution.
>>
File: You fucked up.jpg (58KB, 362x393px) Image search: [Google]
You fucked up.jpg
58KB, 362x393px
Death would only be a mercy.
>>
>You will never life in a city and have a well know rouge gallery that comes with mutual respect
>You will never often but not always foil their over the top plots
>You will never realize years down the line that they are the closest things you have to friends
>>
Yes because I could never 100% guarantee that the person committed the crime in question. It's one thing that never really comes up in stuff like the punisher or other more kill-happy heroes: killing a person you're convinced committed the crime but didn't. Our courts have sent innocent people to death row and they have entire teams of people to examine evidence. I'm just one guy who could easily be led astray by either a frame up or my own biases.
>>
>>83622357
I think following them home is that line
>>
I would probably only kill if somebody was about to destroy the whole planet. Any petty thugs I would throw in jail. As for the super villains, that are repeat offenders I would butcher. Not so easy to commit crimes if you got no legs. Cant shot up stores with no arms. Male rapists can't rape without a penis. Female rapists would lose their hands. their crime dictates what they lose.
>>
>>83631016
Drastic, but fair
>>
>>83631016
>>83631050
>Dismembering criminals
>Drastic but fair
Salam alaikum my brothers!
>>
>>83630851
In all honesty I'd find a quick way to kill myself the instant I hear those words.
>>
>>83630750
then rape him
>>
>>83631140
He would most likely resurrect you
>>
>>83631016
If you dismember people they're not going to be able to reform or become functioning members of society. Either throw them in prison or just kill them. That Sumerian shit is just outdated savagery.
>>
File: swampy.jpg (30KB, 237x300px) Image search: [Google]
swampy.jpg
30KB, 237x300px
I'd kill not just super villains, but also litter bugs in the name of the green.
>>
I would have a strict no-kill policy only for direct opponents weaker than myself. Can't fly around decapitating purse-snatchers.

I would kill in situations where it would without doubt save lives, or if the power gap isn't in my favor. Some kind of god out for innocent blood is best off dead.
>>
>>83631175
>>83630851
>>83631175
>>83631140

Redpill me on Stardust, lads.
>>
>>83631108
Countries under sharia law typically have lower crime rates, so...
>>
>>83631299
He's like Superman, but completely insane, and not boring.
>>
>>83631299
Fuck off
>>
>>83622414
>heroes
>court

Ayy lamo
>>
>>83631343
Just how insane are we talking here?
>>83631360
No
>>83631318
I can't tell if you're joking, but if you are, be aware that there are plenty who occupy this position sincerely.
>>
Depends on how effective the prison system is, I suppose.
>>
>>83623404
The fight is on physical and conceptual levels both, so
>Surfer level amd so- containment and damage by creating black hoes or whatever
>Sentry level and above- fuck me if I know, but there sure would be crazy shit going on
>>
>>83623611
>Supes has a strict no-kill tyle

Since fucking when? I'm talking about Bats level autism, not reluctancy to kill.
>>
>>83631232
I'm not talking about doing this to two cent criminals, I'm talking about super villains that can't be held by prisons and have ignored all attempts at redemption. Two-face would be exception, he is mentally unstable. I'm talking about the fully functional assholes that just do crime for the fun of it.
>>
File: DC_SpiderMan.jpg (233KB, 678x1015px) Image search: [Google]
DC_SpiderMan.jpg
233KB, 678x1015px
>>83621622
As a general rule yes but there are situations where it can't be helped.
I guess it would also depend on the quality of the alternative to me killing them. Are there actually prisons that can hold people? Is there death penalties for people who are basically convicted of genocide?
Or am I stuck in "villain comes back anyway" Big 2 rule? Because if that's the case killing him won't do either, and I'd just rather not be a superhero at that point if I can only make such a small difference on the status quo no matter my actions.
>>
>>83631175
Oh shit you're right.
>>
>>83630588
probably because comic writers are way less comfortable writing women as complete sociopathic monsters who just kill everyone. They've always got some maybe niggling little bit of morality hiding, or a sympathetic angle to them so the writers can make them flirt with the hero and it seems plausible.

There's a reason Memegordon isn't ranting about raping, say, Poison Ivy.
>>
I figure just about everyone's said this but it'd depend on the villain.
I've got a pretty heavy conscience, even back when I used to fight all the time I'd feel pretty bad about it if I did anyone any real harm.
I doubt that would extend to breaking a mugger's arm or kicking the fuck out of a rapist or something but killing someone would probably bother me. That said I'd lose the sleep happily if it meant keeping someone like The Joker off the streets. Sometimes feeling good about yourself isn't worth letting other people suffer for your inaction.

I'd keep this modus operandi through most of the "power levels" unless I ended up with God like abilities. Then I'd try to get involved as little as possible, maybe only getting involved for natural disasters or world ending threats.

Like I said before I'm pretty empathetic, if I had that sort of power as soon as I started helping out Superman style I'd never be able to divorce myself from it and would probably ruin human development by solving everything for everyone. That said I'd probably (if I was able) cure cancer and Aids, just as a freebie, maybe to justify being distant to myself. I dunno.

I'd just try my best to do what I thought was right I guess, as lame as that sounds.
>>
>>83622621
>Shuma
Literally impossible. Shuma present in the same dimension as you(which he'd have to be for you to kill him) is invincible. He is basically the God of several dimensions.
>>
>>83631562
>Shuma is invincible
He wasn't shit in MvC2. Just some tentacley eye with a shit-eating expression.
>>
>>83622621
So many of those have alredy died and come back it's not even funny.
>>
>>83628775
>krypto-fascists
crypto-fascists. krypto-fascists would be Zod.
>>
>>83631588
that wasnt shuma though
>>
>>83631588
When Shuma appears in comics and games he only appears as an avatar of himself, a sliver of what he's truly capable of. In full form he can crush reality itself.
>>
They get a couple chances, as in, I put their ass in jail/psychiatric help first

They break out and keep killing people, or the system just doesn't get its head out of its own ass, when they break free again and try to fuck shit up, they're going down.
>>
>>83631613
>>83631629
>that wasnt shuma though
Could you elaborate? Why would he appear that way and not really be all that good rather than truly manifesting?
>>
File: FB-stardust.jpg (116KB, 900x470px) Image search: [Google]
FB-stardust.jpg
116KB, 900x470px
>>83630851
He was never the same after choosing a career in wrastlin'.
>>
>>83631666
Because the Japanese wanted a tentacle monsters and fighting video games try to be balanced.
>>
>>83621622
If I was superhuman, probably not.

If I was a big city defender superhero like Superman, then I wouldn't. Easier to make people not find ways to kill you if they don't think you'll kill them
>>
>>83631666
something about using those avatars to summon him to this world
>>
>>83630371
Adrian, stop this
>>
>>83631697
Oh, so he gets a bunch of comparatively weak tentacle lads in the real world then has them work on a long-form ritual? That makes sense.
>>
>>83631732
pretty much but i think he can bypass that ritual if theres no sorcerer supreme, im not sure
>>
>>83621622
No, I'd have a "try to resolve conflicts without violence and failing that without killing" policy.
>>
>>83631611
Lel
>>
>>83621622

> all those edgelords

No government in the world would accept a rogue hero using deadly force. Unless you registered.
>>
>>83621622
But OP. Killing a villain only turns me into a villain.
>>
>>83631820
If I'd be Namor level and above, do you think I'd give a fuck about governments? What are they going to do, nuke me?

>Inb4 "mam who got nuked"
>>
>>83631791
what he said
Killing, and indeed violence in general, should be avoided whenever possible. However, it is also important to tell if/when a situation is escalating, and be willing to keep pace.
>>
File: landscape_xlarge.jpg (7KB, 270x200px) Image search: [Google]
landscape_xlarge.jpg
7KB, 270x200px
>>83621941
The laws of man?

The laws of nature transcend the laws of man, and i've transcended the laws of nature.
>>
>>83625356
>Thinks powers define what you do with them.
Has he not heard of Werewolf-by-night, Morbius the living vampire, Blade, or any of the modern Howling Commandos?
>>
Usually no if they're just petty criminals, unless someone is REALLY dangerous like The Joker or Green Goblin, in which I kill the fucker right then and there.
>>
>>83627008
Gordon tried once at the end of No Man's Land, but Joker seems to have super healing or something because he kept walking like nothing happened after getting a kneecap shattered by a point black gunshot.
>>
>>83630591
Pym is literally a villain doing his damnedest to be a good guy, isn't he?
>>
>>83630371
Just leave the structures alone man, they deserve better than to be a sacrifice for a Watchman Gambit.
>>
If I had superpowers I'd be the world's most famous serial killer
>>
>>83631874
>not being the law itself
>>
>>83630925
>YWN Be the Flash.
>>
>>83621622
Petty thugs and criminals I spare

Monsters, rapists and murders I slaughter by the dozen.
>>
>>83631975

Also probably try to make it look that they died of suicide or "natural causes" just for safe measure.

And maybe then go to my lair and take out my stress just in case I become too bloodlusted.
>>
>>83625283
Join the army, dude. You would become a legend in no time.
I think I would call myself the President of Pain, with my loyal animal companion Eaglefreedom
>>
>>83622015
>or people who have committed such atrocities that no amount of repentance or good deeds would ever be enough to make up for it.

So, does that mean you'd have to kill the Doctor? I mean, before it got retconned so that he didn't genocide anyone.
>>
>>83632202
The modern army man doesn't kill that many people
You'd be better off becoming a serial killer
>>
>>83632327
He's wiped out a bunch of species, just not his own race. Hell, I think he recently prevented Davros from ever building the Daleks (though that was by saving Davros as a kid). Though I think they still exist, somehow.
>>
>>83632483
>Hero
>Serial killer
Whatever you say, Dexter
>>
>>83622644
Say "yes." Just say "yes." You're not a fucking pirate or a viking, you fucking fat faggot.
>>
>>83632524
>Hell, I think he recently prevented Davros from ever building the Daleks (though that was by saving Davros as a kid). Though I think they still exist, somehow.
I think the whole point of that episode is that he could have never saved kid Davros and THAT would have avoided the Daleks from being made, but he saved him anyway
Or maybe I'm dumb
>>
>>83622520
You shouldnt have tried to stop them in the first place anon. Thats the cause of them shooting at you. they were the ones defending themselves. youre the instigator in that scenario
>>
I wouldn't want superpowers that allow me to kill people so easily.
>>
>>83632880
Almost every superpower i can think of could be used as a lethal weapon senpai
>>
>>83632880
>Implying it's difficult to kill people without superpowers

The hard part is getting away with it.
>>
I would, but only because I want the police/government on my side.
>>
>>83622007
>>No powers
Kill when I have to to survive or save others from imminent death/danger and kill people accidentally often when I punch them in the face or kick them off of high places. Strategize around tricking bad guys into shooting their allies to get to me, so hopefully those guys die too.
>Street level powers
Kill people more often when I punch them in the face, but maybe I can not kill when saving people?
>Decent super powers
I don't have to protect myself any more (presumably) and I can probably save people more often without incapacitating the threatening entity. If I'm invulnerable, I start breaking more limbs instead of punching, cause I think that's more survivable.
>God-like/Cosmic power
No killing

That's all for armed human-based threats. Against eccentric or super-powered threats I go all out immediately because not doing so seems like an easy way to get yourself killed. Better them than me.
>>
If I were someone like superman and I needed a challenge I'd have a no kill policy. The better question is if you were a super villian who would you want as your arch villian and why
>>
>>83628775

You can go straight to Robot Hell, you synthetic abomination, and fuck aliens, fuck them right in their auditory receptors!
>>
>>83630631

Selene?
>>
>>83631171

Then shoot him in the spine again.
>>
>>83630371
Ozy, you know how this ends.
>>
File: Untitled-1 copy.jpg (241KB, 536x737px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
241KB, 536x737px
>>83631407
>>
>>83635070
You've thought about this.
>>
>>83632672
What an autistic outburst. Kill yourself retard.
>>
>>83632672
You are aware that people in Ireland and Scotland say aye, right?
>>
>>83621622
I would join the police to get a steady paycheck and a legal set of rules on killing.

Not my damn fault if the courts don't work.
>>
File: mdM3MYK.gif (3MB, 256x195px) Image search: [Google]
mdM3MYK.gif
3MB, 256x195px
>>83621622
The thing is depending on your hero level, killing people can put you at a severe disadvantage.

Take street level, while killing seems good it puts you at a disadvantage when it comes to public opinion and what if you kill the wrong guy? You don't want to fight cops and villains.

Then flop over to superman level and you have the issue that it puts you out of practice. If you go through life one shoting things you have no real chance when a real threat comes along. Batman can hold his own because he has learned how to deal with being at a disadvantage, if he could kill I honestly doubt he would be as skilled as he is.

In the long run having a no kill rule would benefit you up until the point you would have to kill and you would have to weigh it out, what is the value of a life, and all that death would definitely weigh on your conscious
>>
>>83621622
Were I a hero, I would maim repeat offenders.
They can't go back to being a villain, and I don't end up looking like one myself.
>>
>>83626934

>mfw space not!Batman comes for revenge

oh please someone do this.
>>
>>83621774
Probably this
>>
>>83631318
And they're also third world countries. Places with a jail system aren't.
>>
>>83631424
>Mock prison setting by college students to test if guards become more aggressive over time.
>experiment is ended early and one of the "prisoners" is mentally scarred
The prison system has fundamental flaws because humans are assholes. But we can't cut off limbs or lobotomize people en mass, that's morally wrong.
TL;DR prison system is fucked and we have no good alternatives.
>>
>>83635685
holy shit, why isn't stardust in any "vs supes" argument? fuck goku, i just want supes to lose
>>
>>83621622
Yes.
>>
>>83621622
Were I a superhero I would not fight, I would merely use my powers for good. If I could fly, I would reach the tallest building, carry a talented graffiti artist and get him to paint a giant peace sign. If I was super strong, I would carry food and water to relief workers.
But knowing me, my super power would be dumb like "Can shuffle pokemon cads really fast" or "Best time in minesweeper.
>>
>>83639301
>I would reach the tallest building, carry a talented graffiti artist and get him to paint a giant peace sign.

Would you also carry up the guy whose job it is to clean that shit off you twat?
>>
>>83621622
Fuck no. If I had the right set of powers and was put in a situation where the only way I could save someone would is if I killed the criminal threatening their life, I'd kill the shit out of that criminal. Especially in the case of a Joker-like mass murdering super villain.
>>
If I had superpowers, I wouldn't focus on street criminals.

I'd look at the bigger picture, and remove the real threats to society.

Like ISIS or other terrorist groups, or take down rogue governments.
>>
>>83621622
I'm not even sure if I would fight crime, unless some super villain wants to destroy the world or my town would turn into Gotham. Would also depend on how much stronger I am than my enemy. If he could just stab me when I'm not carefull it would be more likely that I kill him.
>>
I would strike fear into criminals. I'd tear their skin off on live TV. I'd crucify them. I'd hang them out by their own entrails. I'd rip their heads off. I'd show everyone that I mean business.
>>
No.

I'd obviously try to avoid it wherever possible, but if I'm engaged with someone using lethal force, I'm not going to put myself at a disadvantage. I'm pretty sure self-defense still holds up on the level of super powers.
>>
Does permanently cripple them counts? limiting their effectiveness by making them unable to walk seam like a decent option to me if they are truly dangerous super villains, if they are like the Joker it may require to make then unable to move from the neck below just to be on the safe side.
>>
Why do so many retards ITT think permanently crippling, maiming or lobotomising criminals would make them less reprehensible than murder? You people are twisted and I hate you.

Unrelated: I wish I was Purple Man. It would be truly desirable. I cannot tell you how much I wish I had that power.
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.