[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best/must-watch DC animated series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Supes.jpg (63KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Supes.jpg
63KB, 320x240px
What are the best/must-watch DC animated series?
>>
>>83612606
All of them.
No really.
If I MUST pick.
Batman the Animated Series.
I want to say Superman the Animated Series but I haven't watched it in over a decade so I don't know if it holds up.
Justice League Unlimited (first Justice League series is good too but the quality kinda varied, however it is necessary if you want to watch JLU).
Batman Beyond is my personal favorite.
Young Justice is okay. Same with Teen Titans.
Fuck, anon, none of them are outright bad.
>>
Pretty much anything in the DCAU. Seriously, it's all good.

/co/ has a love/hate relationship with YJ though.
>>
File: 1423016126686.gif (1MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1423016126686.gif
1MB, 260x195px
>>83612606
Fleischer Studios Superman is literally Superman's Batman TAS. But pretty much any of the DCAU stuff. I liked Superman vs the Elite OVA too.
>>
I really REALLY fucking hate the DC animation style on pretty much every work they've ever put out. Fucking detest it
>>
>>83612728
Green Lantern and Brave and the Bold should also be apart of the must watch list.

Static, The Batman and Beware the Batman are alright
>>
>>83612814
Young Justice was ok before its plot threads got too tangled for its own good and they had to unravel everything in a single shitty episode when it got canceled.
On reflection, I don't like how they used the time skip to have Superboy and Superman suddenly become best buds off screen. That was just lazy.
>>
>>83612946

>I don't like how they used the time skip to have Superboy and Superman suddenly become best buds off screen.

>we could've had a season of Lex Luthor acting as a paternal father figure to Superboy while pissing off Superman in the process.
>>
>>83612606
>must watch
>cape shit

u wot?
>>
>>83612877
what the Phil Bourassa design ones?
>>
>>83613187
you forgot you're on /co/ Not /tv/, faggot.
>>
>>83613296
Cape killed comics, and I'm here for my comedyies
>>
>>83613325
So why the fuck are you in this thread, shitposter?
>>83612946
Yeah, I seriously fell in love with YJ by the time I was done with season 1... then that love faded as I started season 2. I still liked it, but damn.
>>83612894
I really need to watch those. I started The Batman.
>>
>>83613325
little baby want some memes? Go back to the quarantine board.
>>
File: 1465414612899.gif (3MB, 370x207px) Image search: [Google]
1465414612899.gif
3MB, 370x207px
>rewatching the JL and JLU cartoons

Why is DC so good at the animated stuff, but lackluster at live action?
>>
>>83614309
Because DC doesn't have a "Marvel Studios" to fend itself. They're completely at the mercy of Film Studio executives to do whatever they want with their IP. With animation, they can atleast call the shots.
>>
My favorite thing about the DCAU is that you'll want to watch the shows in the order they came out to get the full effect, and its just consistently good times. Also, the only other DC shows I think were outstanding are Batman: Brave and the Bold and Green Lantern TAS. And of course watch the Superman 40s shorts.
>>
>>83614309
BvS wasn't that bad I think the biggest problem is the studio and the reviewers have never read a comic and they thought DC was Marvel so it came out shittier than it had to
>>
>>83612606
Static Shock is severely underrated, but I highly recommend it alongside STAS, BATS, and JL/JLU. Green Latern TAS and Batman BATB were amazing, I'm surprised they don't show up in threads like these.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>83612728
superman is good, does not hold up as well, however at least 10 episodes are incredible. Superman is extremely nerfed, understandably. One of my favorites is when superman narrates a series of events that happened in the past, like a detective mystery/thriller.

>>83612606
justice league is my favorite with BTAS first 2-3 seasons being godtier. Batman Beyond, uhg they're all good.

The latest justice league cartoon looks promising too.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.