[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the cars talk in the original cartoon? It seems like such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: wacky raceland.jpg (232KB, 655x1007px) Image search: [Google]
wacky raceland.jpg
232KB, 655x1007px
Did the cars talk in the original cartoon? It seems like such a bizarre addition.
>>
>>83576632
No
This comic blows dicks

At least Scooby and future quest are good
>>
>>83576861
Damn. Scooby and Future Quest are both great, but this one I had the highest hopes for as a concept.
>>
>>83576861
Did this came out?
>>
>>83576942
Tomorrow
>>
>>83576861
Out of all of them, I'm glad this is the one that's not great (really don't care about the Flintstones either).

Hopefully Future Quest and Scooby Apocalypse get a good run.
>>
>>83576942
The preview did yesterday

I wouldn't recommend buying it without reading the preview first; if you can stomach the shit
>>
>>83576995
>really don't care about the Flintstones either
I'm glad I'm not the only one
Flintstones is boring as shit
All the women in the show are desperate housewives and total birches
All the men are abusive fat ugly and stupid

Hated this show as a kid
Bam bam might be the only Nigga I like
>>
I'm glad they're making it as wacky and stupid as possible, instead of the gritty modern version everyone wanted. Wasn't that the point of the original cartoon?
>>
>>83577462
This! Before they complained about this comic possibly get edgy, and now that the preview seems to prove otherwise they complain about being cheesy. Pathetic.
>>
The poser art annoys me more than anything else, really.
>>
File: 1454822034548.png (147KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
1454822034548.png
147KB, 500x264px
>>83576890
>>83576995
> Scooby Apocalypse is actually good
Holy shit, I didn's see that coming.
>>
>>83577462
>>83577578
I'm all for it being silly but cars talking just seems stupid and out of place with everything else being grimdark.
>>
>>83577732

Explain Knight Rider.
>>
>>83577732
THE GRIMDARK IS BEING PLAYED UP BECAUSE IT'S PART OF THE JOKE

THE BOOK IS CALLED WACKY RACES YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS, AHHHH
>>
>>83577789
What's your point? Cars talking could work, it doesn't work here.
>>
>>83577789
Explain wacky races, the original
>>
So talking cars are too wacky for you guys
>>
>>83577810
But the joke starts and ends with 'what if we made Wacky Races dark and edgy'. It needs more (which is where Scooby Apocalypse succeeded, even in the preview).

From the preview it doesn't seem as if the cars have anything else to do except spew cliche dialogue. Why even give them a voice?

I was looking forwards to Wacky Wasteland, but this is just shit.
>>
>>83577839

It was in the past, this is the future and in the future cars talk.
>>
>>83577931
We don't even know if it's meant to be a real scene or a Car POV scene.
>>
>>83577931
I don't normally describe something I hate as homosexual

But that's gay as fuck
>>
>>83577892
It's just so out of nowhere.
>Apocalyptic Wasteland
Sure.
>Cybernetic enhanced dogs
It works.
>The concept of the race
If it works, it works.
>Cars talk amongst themselves and have their own distinct personalities.
What?

It feels tonally off in this world they're creating and this is coming from someone who has no stake in Wacky Races.
>>
File: shit1.jpg (140KB, 655x1007px) Image search: [Google]
shit1.jpg
140KB, 655x1007px
>>
>>83578004
I was hoping the dialogu was coming from someone in the cars

When I found out it was the cars I had to make it for the toilet before I puked all over
>>
>>83578002

In the future gender doesn't exist and sexuality is optional also.
>>
File: shit2.jpg (139KB, 655x1007px) Image search: [Google]
shit2.jpg
139KB, 655x1007px
>>83578042
>>
>>83577931
Exactly. And as always mentioned the Knight Rider, one of the most famous fictional cars.
>>
>>83578063
Sounds like a nightmare
>>
>>83578042
I like that the Mean Machine and the Turbo Terrific get no respect.
>>
Batman's car talk and i've never seen anyone complaining.
>>
>>83578100
What does Scooby do that we neglect?
>>
>>83578075
Mean Machine is very pissed off.
>>
And let's not forget these. But when the damn Mouse produce them is awesome isn't it?
>>
I was never going to buy it (unless it was great) and I'm still going to read it, but the talking cars need to convince me a little.
>>
>>83578241
The cars I can live with.
But the art leaves a bit to be desired.

Makes me worried about how the races will look.
>>
>>83578232
Completely different and you know it (and if you don't then get someone else to explain it to you or look up suspension of disbelief).
>>
>>83578232
Different yes. Simply answering to the thread's question about the "bizzare talking cars".
>>
Gentlemen, choose your racers!
http://www.strawpoll.me/10425525
>>
Fuck it, I can deal with this. I hope they go full on Mad Max with crazy cults and weird societies and shit.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.