[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are Marvel's recent "events" so garbage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 25

File: 1465016806726.png (1015KB, 1661x515px) Image search: [Google]
1465016806726.png
1015KB, 1661x515px
Civil War II is somehow off to a worse start than the first Civil War, Secret Wars was a massive disappointment, Avengers vs X-Men was awful, etc...
>>
>>83518765
AvX was Avengers shilling thanks to the movie and had numerous writers

CW2 was rushed and made because of the movie

Secret Wars was Hickman

Axis was probably meant to be just an arc for Uncanny Avengers. but got stretched out and expanded into an event because they felt like they had to put something out before Secret Wars
>>
>>83518924
AXIS gave us some really cool characters and wasn't some bullshit that was either cashing in on movie hype or trying to completely rewrite the universe.
>>
>>83518924
Axis was a relatively good event, though. Just very silly.

Now Original Sin, that was a shit event.
>>
I enjoyed secret wars and the illuminati bits of infinity
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1228x950px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1228x950px
>>
>>83519116
-Badly written
-Terrible Deodato's art
-Retconfest
-Completely fucked continuity

That was great show of incompetence on the hand of writer, artist and editors.
>>
I enjoyed Secret Wars (and some of Infinity to a degree), can't say that I really gave a shit about Axis apart from the Hobgoblin and Carnage tie ins really.
AvX, Age of Ultron and Original Sin were all bad for sure though.
>>
Avengers Standoff was mostly good
>>
>>83519203
The sotry in SW sucked, but most of it's problems with the art. The delays kept that shit going for 5 months after it was supposed to end.
What's even funnier is that in issue 9 you can tell the artist copied and pasted several places.
>>
>>83518765
>why are Marvel's recent "events" so garbage?

because they are modern marvel comics, and all marvel comics are garbage
>>
>>83519203
Ups, I meant Original Sin >>83519009

Secret Wars (and Hickman's Avengers in general) was a mess too, but it wasn't as bad as this.
>>
>>83518765
Events have been dogshit since Crisis on Infinite Earths.
>>
>>83519429
>What's even funnier is that in issue 9 you can tell the artist copied and pasted several places.
what pissed me off most about it

unless he ran into trouble then what the fuck was he doing with all those delays
>>
>>83518924
>CW2 was rushed and made because of the movie

CW2 is definitely only out for the movie, but saying its rushed is a little off. Marquez has been working on the series for at least 3 months prior to the first issue coming out.
>>
File: Press F to Pay Respect.jpg (89KB, 433x650px) Image search: [Google]
Press F to Pay Respect.jpg
89KB, 433x650px
>>
>>83518765
Because they're not events

They're editorial mandates disguised as events, designed to reshuffle the importance of certain brands or to ride on the coattails of the latest film releases
>>
>>83518765
Because a lot of them are cashing in on the films
>>
>>83519592

Ribic isn't a particularly fast artist, especially since he painted a lot of the book, and 2 (maybe 3?) of the issues were oversized.

Plus Hickman was running tight on his deadlines so Ribic was going into each issue slightly behind schedule.

Marvel is clearly running into issues of not giving artists enough lead-time on their books, which you can really see on books like AXIS which had 3 artists and double shipped yet still had some really weak parts artistically.
>>
Marvel hasn't produced a single decent event book in over 20 years. They've either been underwhelming and pointless or just really stupid and terrible

That is depending one what you consider to be a true event and not just a limited series. Annihilation was great but I dunno if that counts as an event book in the same vain as Civil War or House of M
>>
File: neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg (78KB, 640x533px) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg
78KB, 640x533px
>>83519810
>>
>>83519810
this
>>
All events are garbage.
>>
Events are corporate mandates written by committee. They're super handicapped from the start.
>>
Why are there so many powerlevel "vs" stories going on in comics right now? Civil War I and II, Avengers vs. Xmen, Batman v Superman, Cap Civil War, etc
>>
File: future.jpg (94KB, 401x423px) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
94KB, 401x423px
>>83520601
>>
>>83520648
Oh shit
>>
File: 1394156670678.jpg (530KB, 2560x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1394156670678.jpg
530KB, 2560x1338px
>>83518765
Recent events? Majority of it events this past 2 decades have been absolute shit with exception to those written by Hickman, Slott and prime Cosmic Marvel (no Bendis shit).
>>
File: What a tiny missile.jpg (369KB, 1274x414px) Image search: [Google]
What a tiny missile.jpg
369KB, 1274x414px
Why would someone invent a tit-seeking missile in the first place? To deliver a payload of explosive jizz onto some super-boobs?
>>
>>83520953
sounds like a good reason to me
>>
>>83520555
this desu
>>
>>83520953
>not using "teat seeking missile"
For shame
>>
I liked Secret Wars
>>
>>83521362
lots did
>>
>>83520953
what book was this in? it wasnt issue 1 of the main event even though it happens during that one.
>>
>>83521411
FCBD issue
>>
File: 1430768689604.gif (538KB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
1430768689604.gif
538KB, 245x320px
>>83518765
I don't know wabout you, but I feel like or every 2 bad events, there's always one that is good, or funny. I mean, both Axis and Standoff, while not as important as the "main" ones, brought loads of interesting characters and minis (hell, there wasn't almost a bad comic connected to Standoff.)

And Secret Wars had great minis, the main gripes are however within the main book, thanks to delays, some bad writing and the terrible Deodato's art.

I believe that the main problem is that almost all of the time people KNOW that the main book will suck thanks to not being able to explain half of the shit that makes a story worthwhile, and you gotta buy more to get the full gist of something.
>>
File: ThanosPunch.jpg (117KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
ThanosPunch.jpg
117KB, 404x600px
They were prepared for Thanos' cosmic power, but they weren't ready for him to punch people in the junk.
>>
the more I think of the Hickman Secret Wars main event the worse it seems to me.
It was a small fantastic 4 story with a lot of shoehorned pointless characters that Marvel wanted to push.

Terrax was there only to be stepped on by Galactus in a comedic gag
The Carol-Mr Sinister thing was pointless, and would have made more sense with other characters like Emma Frost.
Lots of pointless donut steel characters like Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight.

Cyclops was there only to job and establish how much more powerful than the Phoenix Doom was. Thanos breaking the wall was irrelevant.
All of Marvel cosmic was forced to job to the AYLMAO Beyonders.

That event was saved by the tie ins, which were pretty much original stories with a lot of creative freedom, Siege by Gillen was great. Even Hopeless wrote a good X-Men book with Inferno.
>>
>>83519116
Best part about Secret Wars was all the books not titled "Secret Wars."
>>
>>83521983
also Black Swan, a central character of the entire saga, did nothing important and got taken out by a movie meme.
>>
>>83520953

The worst part of it all is her final words.
I know she didn't die instantly so these 'technically' aren't final but taking this at face value makes it seem like a joke.
>>
>>83520953
Hulk/Thanos killing missile? Of course Stark would invent it.
>>
>>83522288
yes
and what were the Zebra kids or POD for?

I waited for every little piece Hickman created to fit in some great complex story, but it was all pointless.
Also, the murder of not-Justice League made me think Marvel super heroes arent heroes.
>>
Why are events always bad?
>>
>>83523137
-they interrupt or end good runs.
-executives give orders like "Hickman, put Star Lord in the book cuz movies, and put Carol in the book cuz, future movies" so, shoehorned stuff with no creative freedom.
-they make characters act out of character.
>>
>>83518765
Because most events are slapdash versions of a story the writer originally just wanted to do in his own book.

Take AXIS. Remender had been building up to the big fight with Red Skull Onslaught in his book. Then Marvel decided it should be an event - not even a major event, just something to fill time because they had like a month without an event.

So the fight with Red Skull Onslaught gets turned into an event, only that's not enough for an event, so let's have everybody magically switch personalities, blah blah blah whatever.

A lot of events are like that, the writers pitch a simple idea and it gets tricked out with all kinds of other crap. The result is that it doesn't make sense, and the writer's own book suffers because it never gets to finish the story.
>>
>>83523250
It's really astounding how the comics side has no idea what to do with Star-Lord and the Guardians
>>
>>83523351
I think that's what happened to Secret Invasion aswell. It was originally supposed to be just an avengers story.
>>
>>83524016
My favorite trivia about Marvel events is that Maximum Security, the last event they did before the 2001 management shakeup, was a substitute for another event Busiek and Brevoort pitched called "Y2Kang."

Kang was going to rig Y2K so that all of time turned back and he became the master of the world etc etc etc.

They didn't do it because it turned out the event would have to conclude after the new millennium started.
>>
>>83519596
>And with that, Marvel had its next big event after Secret Wars. One of the biggest hurdles, though, was time; this conversation occurred not years ago, but mere months. The length of preparation typically required for a major comic-book event was not an option.
>“This was not like [the first] Civil War or Secret Wars, where we planned for a couple of years,” Alonso told The Post’s Comic Riffs. “We’ve been planning this for maybe three or four months.”

Sounds pretty rushed to me
>>
>>83518765
when has there ever been a good event in the history of comics
>>
>>83526706
recently Avengers Standoff was good. Maria Hill should not be trusted with power though.
>>
>>83518924
>Secret Wars was Hickman
What is this supposed to mean?
>>
>>83526706
Forever evil.

Yes, yes it was.
>>
>>83520917
A two parsec battle? That's the definition of epic.
>>
>>83520953
>Ow!
>*dies*
Saying "ow" before dying is never a good idea.
>>
>>83521243
I smirked.
>>
>>83526849
Isn't "The Trial of Maria Hill" leaked as the name for a future event? We already know it's going to bite her on her big juicy ass.

I feel like she's another example of a compelling character who got torn to shit after being put through event after event, although IIRC she was introduced for Civil War specifically right?
>>
File: a-missle-to-the-boob.jpg (642KB, 1024x2728px) Image search: [Google]
a-missle-to-the-boob.jpg
642KB, 1024x2728px
>>83520953
>>
>>83528122
It's scary to realize that She-Hulk probably was born in 1980 now.
>>
>>83522798
>Stark being that capable when all his hulk busting armor fail to bust the hulk
Bendis stop being retarded.
>>
>>83528058
I cant recall if Civil War was her reason for being, but she was one of the few great parts about it.
>>
>>83528196
Agreed, pretty much that and the Spider-Man reveal were my favorite parts, even if the reveal itself didn't make too much sense and had bad follow-up. Also Emma Frosts' response to the entire event was pretty much perfect.

What is new Civil War even about? At least the first one was an attempt (no matter how inarticulate/inelegant) to reflect on post-9/11 America, this one just seems like >>83518924
says: hackneyed rush movie tie-in.
>>
>>83528160
Tony Didn't want him dead.

Yet.
>>
what the fuck is civil war 2 even about

like everybody knew what Civil War was about, even back when nobody gave a fuck about Marvel's Avengers characters. All I know about this is that it's happening.
>>
>>83528430
Checked wiki because I'm not reading this shite:
>This power divides the heroes on how best to utilize the information, with Captain Marvel wanting to profile future crimes before they occur, and Iron Man believing that "the punishment cannot come before the crime."

It sounds like it's core concept is ripped off from Minority Report.
>>
>>83518765
Secret Wars easily had the best tie ins of any event ever, brought a temporary return to short form superhero storytelling that we haven't seen in 25+ years, drew some serious creativity both in introducing new talent and getting good work out of talent that hadn't been producing good work in years, and helped get quality stories from disused characters
>>
>>83528506
pretty much Minority Report plus tony getting ass blasted about rhodey dying.
>>
>>83528506
Literally minority report.
Such a fucking blatant rip-off. Why come up with an original conflict when you can straight up steal concepts? I don't understand why people let this slide like it ain't no shit.
>>
>>83528580
Being Iron Man is suffering.
>>
>>83528696
Cut them some slack, they planned the whole thing out like a couple months before they announced it
You'd be pressed for ideas if you had to rush out an event in time for a movie
>>
>>83528506
so its Civil War 1 with Carol as Tony and Tony as Steve, and also Minority Report

brilliant
>>
>>83528506
>and Iron Man believing that "the punishment cannot come before the crime."

uh

wasn't he all for rounding people up and putting them in camps back in Civil War 1?
>>
>>83528122
I thought she was like 40 or something.
>>
>>83518765
>recent
Events were always garbage.
>>
With jews you lose.
>>
>>83528834
Some people learn from their mistakes.

Hey look at it this way, we're getting the old Bloodthirsty Right Wing Carol back!
>>
>>83529003
Who is now left-wing as fuck because politics are a rotten thing.
>>
>>83528878
2016-1980 = 36
>>
>>83526706
Dark Avengers, not counting Siege. 52, if you count that as an event.
>>
>>83528430
It's about rehashing Civil War 1 but with less character assassination and more Inhumans shilling.

I don't think Civil War 1 was any great shakes but it had a simple premise and was built around Captain America vs. Iron Man, who have been fighting with each other on and off since the '60s.

Civil War 2 can't have that because a) Nobody cares about Carol b) Nobody cares about her differences with Tony Stark c) Nobody cares about the Inhumans. Apart from that it's a perfect premise.
>>
>>83528784
Then they shouldn't have made the event if they had to rush it then. But muh movies are more important I guess.
So I guess we're getting a Ragnarok Event again too?
>>
>>83529003
>Hey look at it this way, we're getting the old Bloodthirsty Right Wing Carol back!
Until she gets mindwiped just in time for her movie.
>>
>>83519009
OS had better tie-ins than I expected.
Daredevil and Deadpool in particular.
>>
>>83529129
Horseshoe Theory mean anything to you?
>>
>>83528058
Maria's trial is gonna be covered in Steve Rogers: Captain America.
I REALLY hope HydraCap digs into all the bullshit she's responsible for years.
Remember when she tried to arrest Cap in the first issue of CW setting the entire tone of the conflict despite the registration act.
I want to see Hill lose everything, and have Cap go to her and reveal his true colors when she's lost all credibility and can't do a thing to stop him.
>>
>>83528058
Al Ewing has an event set up in New Avengers and The Ultimates called "Eternity War"...
>>
>>83529003
>Some people learn from their mistakes.

Didn't he erase his mind and his backup basically meant he had no memories of what happened Civil War onwards?
>>
>>83520917
Fucking awesome

>>83520953
Shit
>>
>>83529281
Addendum
>a) Nobody cares about Carol

And the writers who did care about her regularly got pushed to the side until the character became bland incarnate. She's been an obligatory add for every major event since either Disassembled or House of M, but somehow Marvel has mistaken "bland" for "iconic".

We'll never see Carol address parts of her history like she did when she confronted everybody about the rapist-baby.

Also
>less character assassination

Slight disagreement: Thanos apparently just charges in with a bunch of guns now.
>>
>>83519356
It's not a line-wide event, it's an Avengers crossover with two main branches at the middle

>>83519706
Ribic had a colorist though. I think someone else was supposed to draw #1 until Ribic was hired after issue #2 was made.

>Marvel is clearly running into issues of not giving artists enough lead-time on their books, which you can really see on books like AXIS which had 3 artists and double shipped yet still had some really weak parts artistically.
Infinity (including the Avengers and New Avengers tie-ins) has six artists.

>>83523081
>Zebra kids
They're back as living props in New Avengers (2015- ) #10.

>POD
Criminally underused since then

>>83524016
Fear Itself was also supposed as a Thor story. Infinity was upgraded into an event because muh Thanos. I think the Avengers flag scene was editorially shoved in.

>>83527244
The higher-ups (with the relaunch mentality in full swing) wanted to discontinue the ailing Ultimate line soon enough so they rushed Hickvengers after Infinity.
>>
>>83518765
Because their big name A-lister heroes are a bunch of underpowered cucks who are barely above street-level.
>>
>>83518765
Because nothing is actually at stake anymore.
>>
File: modern comics 2016.jpg (434KB, 1988x1127px) Image search: [Google]
modern comics 2016.jpg
434KB, 1988x1127px
>>83518765
because of sjw, liberal, feminist writers
>>
>>83518765

Bad writers.

Marvel is putting all the talent into movies, and keeping the comics alive for...whatever reason.

But no talent means shit writers. Shit writers mean bad books, no matter how pretty they are.
>>
>>83521983

It was all a ruse to split and get rid of the F4. Hickman likely called dibs.
>>
Is Annihilation considered as an event?
>>
>>83518765
AvX was like everything wrong with superhero comics.

You have all these matchups between guys with drastically different abilities and all the fights were just boring punch fests anyways.
>>
>>83528058
is there a leak around? I would like to read it.
>>
I actually enjoyed Original Sin. I found it fun, and it's probably one of the few events where I felt that the tie-ins and other series weren't forced to center themselves around the event. Not big on the art, or the weak ending, and the almost non-existent consequences.
>>
>>83520555

Secret War (not Secret Wars) was fun.

Avengers vs Justice League was fun.

Final Crisis was fun.

Rebirth has been enjoyable so far.
>>
>>83535755

The correct term is DCfag you dumbshit Mouseketeer.
>>
>>83529281
>Civil War 2 can't have that because a) Nobody cares about Carol b) Nobody cares about her differences with Tony Stark c) Nobody cares about the Inhumans.

So apart from the actual premise?
>>
>>83537539
shut up Warner Brony
>>
>>83518765
>why are Marvel's recent "events" so garbage?
because marvel comics are not run by Disney execs
>>
>>83537610

Lol, the Mouseketeer is getting defensive.
>>
>>83519467
>>83535755
>>83537539
>>83537610
>>83537705
Fellas, fellas... BOTH your comics suck.
>>
File: 1462596985621.png (41KB, 732x606px) Image search: [Google]
1462596985621.png
41KB, 732x606px
>>83538447
>>
>>83538915
these strawmen images are getting of control.
>>
>>83538944
But they're the only way I'll ever be right about anything
>>
>>83538915
There's more to comics than DC and Marvel, and it's stupid to be loyal to one particular publisher.
>>
>>83539325
too bad there's never been an indie comic worth reading
>>
>>83539342
Hellboy and it's spinoffs are better than any ongoing at Marvel or DC and that's just the most well known example
>>
File: 1465216086647.png (14KB, 492x490px) Image search: [Google]
1465216086647.png
14KB, 492x490px
>>83539342
read more comics you disgusting casual
>>
>>83539377
>memeboy
>good
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: smug.jpg (14KB, 447x384px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
14KB, 447x384px
>>83539423
>memeboy
You're not even trying with your shitposting
>>
>>83539396
Why would you read Indieshit? All indie comics are just movie pitches, so you can just wait and see the story the way it was meant to be seen.
>>
Stand Off was the best marvel event of the last 10 years
>>
>>83539494
That was a crossover not an event
>>
>>83539477
>what are alternative comix
>>
>>83539377
I'm currently liking Tomboy a lot.
>>
>>83528122
>not writing "Died doing what she loved. (Taking a big load on the chest from a black man.)" on the gravestone
>>
>>83539514
fucking this. I only read local comics printed on a photocopier that I can buy at my local coffee shop
>>
>>83539494
Never read anything to do with it, but when I heard "female Quasar", I instantly hated it.
>>
>>83518765

secret wars is a dissapointment now?
>>
>>83539677
It always was.
>>
>>83539477
Unless it's a comic by Mark Millar, it probably isn't going to be turned into a movie.
>>
>>83539691

to tryhards maybe. i enjoyed most of the stories that came out of it
>>
>>83539702
I didn't care about any of the tie-ins, and the main event itself sucked.
I especially hated it since everything at Marvel had to be cancelled for it.
>>
>>83539752

then you should go back and give them a shot. most of them are pretty good.
>>
>>83539641
are you new?
>>
>>83520953
"Super Thanos whooping missles"
>>
>>83521411
In the FCBD issue. The actual series just fucking skips it and expects you to know
>>
File: 1464208635724.jpg (109KB, 901x883px) Image search: [Google]
1464208635724.jpg
109KB, 901x883px
I liked Secret Wars, but it didn't need 75+ issues of build up. It didn't make it anymore satisfying.
>>
>>83539864
He also expected you to know that Rhodey just happens to have missiles that can kill Thanos lying around.
He could have probably skipped some of the shitty dialogue about Ultron and Hulk having a baby or talking about how great the Inhumans are to establish them.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1000x1537px
>>83539477
That's Image, not indies in general.

>>83539494
>Lets take serious characters and make them into slapstick cartoon retards
Really lazy comedy. I thought pic related was much funnier. Different opinions though I guess.
>>
>>83540000
>i cant have fun
waste of quads
will not check
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>83540135
I think I've maybe seen it too many times.

But fuck I'll check myself
>>
File: 1420946326363[1].jpg (53KB, 445x400px) Image search: [Google]
1420946326363[1].jpg
53KB, 445x400px
>>83540190
>checking yourself
>>
>>83528580
The worst part is that Rhodey dying has nothing to do with the Minority Report aspect. Rhodey died because Thanos killed him. Just because he was on the mission thannks to Ulysses' intel doesn't mean his death is Ulysses' fault, so Tony is being an idiot.
What triggers me is that not a single "professional reviewer" anywhere has pointed this out. And when a fan pointed it out to Tom Brevoort, his response was just "Sorry it didn't work for you"
>http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/145480705898/civil-war-ii-1
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 299x168px
>>83518765
Can you name an event that hasn't been garbage since Civil War 1 ended in a clusterfuck?
>>
>>83540510
/co/ will try and convince you that Axis was good

Carnageman was the only good thing to come from that
>>
>>83518765
>recent
26 years is recent?
It is no secret Marvel events are shit. Their best event in 26 years was JLA / Avengers and that was a cross company event that hardly counts.
>>
Because Marvel overall is terribad right now.
>>
>>83537493
What? Secret Wars (1984) was fucking epic. Secret was was generic Bendis crap.
>>
>the better written Civil War is the movie
This is just sad, i wonder if by some miracle all of marvel's movie rights end up in a single company they might kinda pull of Disassembled -> House of M -> Decimation.
>>
>>83531315
>somehow Marvel has mistaken "bland" for "iconic".

Probably too much looking to Wonder Woman for an example, who has the same problem.
>>
>>83518765
Because you don't enjoy cape comics anymore.
>>
>>83540472
>What triggers me is that not a single "professional reviewer" anywhere has pointed this out.

you know what we need? a massive online movement to promote ethics in comics journalism.
>>
>>83542310
actually, yes.
>>
>>83518765
Every fucking one of them is the same thing.

Heroes fighting Heroes.
>>
>>83518765
4chan /co board banner when? Also, still waiting on the Hydra Captain America banner as well
>>
>>83542310
Ethics schmethics, comics journalism is just terrible and nobody takes it seriously.
>>
>>83542310
Fuck off
>>
>>83543623
>comics journalism is just terrible and nobody takes it seriously.

yes, and how do you not see that that's why there needs to be some movement to fix that?
>>
File: 1464674084860.gif (785KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1464674084860.gif
785KB, 400x225px
Gunna level with you: YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET AUDIENCE!

They don't care if you like it or not because they do not care if you are reading it. Find a new hobby or way to spend your money (if you are doing that)
>>
>>83543773
It would be great to fix that but it's not going to happen while comics journalism is a shit job that only attracts people with varying degrees of mental illness (every other "comics critic" will talk about their clinical depression on Twitter).

The only way to get better comics critics would be to have comics criticism pay better and attract a better class of journalist. Right now it's mostly just a hobby.
>>
File: 1464349429333.jpg (14KB, 180x157px) Image search: [Google]
1464349429333.jpg
14KB, 180x157px
>>83519203
>Terrible deodato art

I've been wondering but does he paint directly on photos or something?
>>
>>83539677
The tie-ins were mostly good. The main story feels incredibly underdeveloped and underwhelming.
>>
>>83545635
What gets me is Marvel fans live and breath his art. Same with Greg Land.

No, not the usual /co/ Marvel poster, but other people online.
>>
>>83520953

Not the first one to say it but.

>here lies she hulk
>she died doing what she loved
>taking an explosive load to the chest.
>>
How does the ending of Secret Wars play out? What do the people of earth think happened or remember happening? The final incursion happens between 616 and 1610, everything goes white, and then it's just business as usual?
>>
>>83548828
I guess so. Its being referred to as "It was the end of the world and then it suddenly wasnt"
>>
>>83548828
pretty much as far as I know, the some of the supers remember a little more but not much from what I understand.
>>
>>83528122
...I only saw that thread about the writer addressing that War Machine brought his anti-Thanos-missles a few days ago. She actually fucking died from this?
>>
>>83550508
yep. this event is off to a rockling good start.
>>
File: mfw dan slott.png (380KB, 803x1222px) Image search: [Google]
mfw dan slott.png
380KB, 803x1222px
If Spider-Man gets a new writer, i think it'll start a chain reaction of good things to come for Marvel
>Slott gets put off of ASM
>We get a GOOD avengers team: Iron Man, Odinson, Hulk, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Steve Rogers, Wolverine; you know, like when Bendis was actually okay at writing stuff.
>Squirrel girl either gets canceled, or gets a new non-sjw creative team
>She-Hulk is brought back to life
>Thors Vol. 2
>Iron Man is turned into a cunt bag again
>Steve is non-hydra again
>Peter won't be a lonely virgin anymore

anything I missed?
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.