[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why's this so underrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

Why's this so underrated?
>>
>>83512542
>underrated
I think it's over rated.
In the sense that it hasn't been banned for being a steaming pile of shit.
>>
File: right.jpg (7KB, 208x155px) Image search: [Google]
right.jpg
7KB, 208x155px
>>83512619
>>
It's actually well-liked among most people. We're the minority.
>>
>>83512542
On the one hand, Gennedy.
On the other, Sandler.
>>
>>83513431
My opinions on the film in a nutshell.

I hate Sandler, but the Genndy directed visuals are so fucking good!
>>
I honestly thought it was good.
It was fast paced with some pretty good jokes being thrown in every second.

The only problem with it was the last quarter of the movie being a shitshow since they had to add in a villain and a dumb moral for no real rhyme or reason and it had the opposite problem of the original were this time around the girl vampire get's an actual character but her husband get's completely ignored to an annoying degree.
>>
File: vampire_money.jpg (15KB, 263x263px) Image search: [Google]
vampire_money.jpg
15KB, 263x263px
Not a bad movie but not a particularly good one

So how is it underrated? It made a shitload of money and that's it. It's definitely not a classic or culturally important or anything. It's just another kids movie, with particularly good posing and animation but nothing else outstanding.
>>
We need Mavis lewds
>>
Happy Madison Productions
>>
>>83512542
Because it's not good
>>
>>83512542
Because it received mixed reviews.
>>
The first movie was average at best

The second was downright the shittiest medium-budget animated film I've seen in 2015

I don't know what is it that makes people engross the rhetorical shit out of the sequel but I wager it's the same reason people thought wreck it Ralph was anything other than just decent
>>
>>83512542
Such a lovely place, such a lovely face.
>>
>>83512619
Sir, it's by Genndy
>>
File: xcfvg03x.jpg (80KB, 412x378px) Image search: [Google]
xcfvg03x.jpg
80KB, 412x378px
>>83512542

reminder that if mavis wasn't designed to be such a fucking slut. then no one on /co/ would give a shit about this film.
>>
>>83512542
First one was good
Really imaginative animation holding up a meh story and spatterings of funny jokes
The second one was pretty fucking awful. You can see hard borders between the parts that gennedy did and what sandler did
I wanted to vomit at HEY KID WANNA SEE DRACULA DANCE!?!
>>
I didn't like the main character. At all.

Or Dracula.
>>
>>83512542

I liked both movies. They were cute. The only real problem is the awful transition from 2D to 3D. You can tell the characters were ripped from a 2D model sheet. It works for the animations sometimes but other times it's jarring. Physics are normal one minute and the next someone is contorting their body at all kids of weird angles.
Also the faces are fucking awful but mostly dracula's
>>
File: concept art.jpg (274KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
concept art.jpg
274KB, 1280x850px
>>83519034
>Also the faces are fucking awful but mostly dracula's
What do you expect from a character designed to resemble Adam Sandler of all people?
>>
>>83520241
Sir, it's by Genndy, the same guy who made Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack
>>
>>83519146
>what we could have got instead
>what we got
guess they had to make it friendly looking, and in order to achieve familiarity comfort, who better to base the look of your character off of a person with one of the most punchable faces ever.

flawless design choice.
>>
>>83519146
to be fair, all but two of the concepts would have worked with the very cartoony style of the movie
Still, anything would be better than count sandler
>>
File: jimjamjimmy.png (1009KB, 1137x848px) Image search: [Google]
jimjamjimmy.png
1009KB, 1137x848px
>that cancerawful wubwub 'thats what the kids like nowadays' auto tune shit in the first movie
>that forced 'ITS 2016' everytime the gingeroid talks or pulls out his SMARTPHONE~
>the chances of cringeworthy garbage of the same caliber appearing in other animated movies is basically a given at this point
this '''le quirky poptimistic''' internet-driven era we live in is hands down the worst shit mankind has had to endure.
>>
>>83520526
>'''le quirky poptimistic'''
you have to go back
>>
>>83513566
This. Every time i see Genndy visual style, i adore the movie, but Sandler try to force his humor and himself both of the movies it's like the guy can share the screen
>>
>>83512542
It's properly rated
>>
Unfunny pile of shit that had me cringing like no other movie managed to.
It can be summed up to what this anon said >>83520526

The ginger was fucking annoying from the very beginning and the animation was unbearable. Lots of stupid slapstick that ruined the feeling of the movie and everything was fucking predictable in the story.
Also
>fucking adam sandler doing voice acting

Even my gf didn't like it and she was the one who was eager to watch it.
>>
>>83512542
First movie was alright. Second was pretty good up until 3/4ths of the way in and then it feel off a sheer cliff of shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 769x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 769x1024px
>>83517245
>a slut voiced by mega slut Selena Gomez
Talk about synergy
>>
>>83524463
Selena Gomez is so fugly
>>
>>83512542

I think the only part that I genuinely found entertaining was when they were all in the car listening to that shitty song dancing, and Dracula gets pissed and changes the station to Bigfoot growling. The mummy looks out the window to see the blob listening to the song on his ipod or whatever and then the mummy just kinda looks wistful.

Everything else was pretty shitty. Well, everything else that I can actually remember. I was pretty bored through the whole thing and kinda drifted in and out.
>>
It's eye candy. Remember to hit mute.
>>
>>83524492
Ur so homer sexual
>>
>>83521870
you have to mcfucking eat shit and kys asap homie.
>>
>>83517245
Uncropped link?
>>
>>83525212
literally just google the character name and 34
>>
>>83512542
genndies worst work. get out of here
>>
>>83525952
Mavis 34 is the only reason this movie is tolerated anon. Gotta be more specific
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.