[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cartoons were so better in the 90s compared to today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: th-10.jpg (10KB, 281x159px) Image search: [Google]
th-10.jpg
10KB, 281x159px
Cartoons were so better in the 90s compared to today
>>
True

Now lets wait for some hipster to complain about >them durn 90s keeds
>>
no they aren't
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpWAO0F7ck
>>
>>83481256
Calling out an argument for existing doesn't make it wrong.
In fact, it just proves that you know there is a counterargument that you refuse to actually refute.
>>
>>83481306
It's not an 'argument' it's not even a point. It's just something dumb babies say when confronted by things they don't like.
>>
>>83481425
Explain how you can't say the exact same thing, word for word, about >>83481221
>>
>>83481445
Because it's no different than saying 30s cartoons were better than 90s cartoons.
or 00s cartoons were better than 70s cartoons.

It's a statement asserting an argument, not a petulant insult signifying nothing.
>>
>>83481221
Yes, and this isn't even based on nostalgia.

Even cartoons I didn't grow up with are better than today's shit.
What the fuck happened?
>>
In my opinion cartoons today are too bent on being "self-aware." Maybe it's always been this way and I'm just noticing more now that I'm older, but it feels so much easier to see how a cartoon is shaped and pick out little snippets of how the creator thinks and imposes their own ideals onto the creation, which is constantly amplified by memes and in-jokes and other things that just make the whole thing seem less like a real world you're watching and more like just a blatant creation by a real human author. And when you go on Twitter and see them spouting memes and trying to be cool and ironic by typing in all-lowercase, it just kills any sense of wonder in the cartoon and makes it an extension of the real world.

That's a big part of why I like about Loud House, to be honest. It doesn't come across as an authored extension of reality, but rather a realistic parallel. It has some parallels to the real world, like the GTA-esque game that Lincoln tries to use to teach Leni to drive, but I feel like it's done a lot more out of sincerity than it is by trying to point out how hip and relevant the creators are.

Again, cartoons trying to be hip are nothing new, but the creators today seem to think that they have to be ironic and cool or else they'll look like they're "betraying" their self-aware fans.
>>
Found the RADICAL 90's kid.
https://youtu.be/-uWKkndwrCs
>>
>>83481284
>nostalgia critic
>>
The (EU) kids I know won't watch SU or AT. They'll watch Ben 10 or fairly oddparents or the one with the cockroaches.

I really doubt that shows like SU or AT were made with teens and preteens in mind. It doesn't necessarily have to do with an agenda, but you can really see that kids don't connect with them.
>>
>>83481284
>Nostalgia Critic
Get out
>>
IT WAS A GOOD SHOW
>>
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.