[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition Trailer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 524
Thread images: 83

File: 1464812505124.jpg (79KB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
1464812505124.jpg
79KB, 1920x804px
HYPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AO19XY2rqc&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 267x207px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 267x207px
>>
>>83412660
Hype fucking trailer

All that additional plot and character moments

>Oh shit, actual military strike in Africa and Superman involved
>Clark reflecting on the event
>Clark investigating in Gotham
>"Men like him don't understand words, but fists"
>Jenna Malone. Is she Cat Grant??

Lads, this is the movie we were supposed to get back in March
>>
Wait, is that security footage of Batman him stealing the Kryptonite for LexCorp?
>>
When is it out?
>>
>>83412841
Holy shit, you're right
>>
>>83412841
Yup.
I don't know if the whole sequence is in the movie (or if it was even shot) but there are at least some scenes, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>83412854
>>83412864
Anything is better than the flat nothing in the movie.
>tries to steal
>fails
>steals offscreen
>>
>>83412660
4K versus BLU RAY!
>>
>>83412796
The scenes shown in the trailer just really show how legitimately valid the criticisms of BvS were in the theaters.

People not understanding why people were mad at Supes for africa considering the reason was basically cut out entirely. Clark being broody and having a problem with Batman because his character was cut out entirely.
>>
I still wish there was an Ultimate/Uncut version of "Man of Steel" out there.
>>
File: Jena.png (1MB, 1920x803px) Image search: [Google]
Jena.png
1MB, 1920x803px
>>83412796
>Jenna Malone. Is she Cat Grant??
Looks like it.
>>
>>83412883
We didn't really need it shown to us, did we? People already complained about too much action. I think the scene of Lex walking through his shattered front door and the batarang left as a calling card was pretty slick.
>>
DING DING DING

MHHH KINO MHHH
>>
>>83412931
It was just poorly edited. They shouldn't have shown him failing in the first place then.
>>
>>83412906
>People not understanding why people were mad at Supes for africa considering the reason was basically cut out entirely.
Anyone who didn't understand that was retarded. They actually said it, straight up, in the movie. Sorry it didn't hold your hand and ram it down your throat for 3 additional scenes.
>>
>>83412931
That scene was great for Lex, but I think it adds a bit of sting to the whole affair because then the first attempt just seems needless.
>>
>>83412660
you mean the "lack of" hype?
>>
>>83412960
I guess that's why it's being included in the ultimate edition.

Sorry m8, you're wrong. Unless you think the ultimate edition is going to be worse, then yeah sure you can believe that too.
>>
>>83412957
Why not?
>>
>>83412931
What? If anything people complained there was too little action
>>
>>83412976
Wow, it only took 17 minutes for someone to try and start something.
>>
>>83412906
Yep Clark was royally screwed.

It seems like his entire character was cut.

>Full Africa event
Why Superman is at a crossroads and doubting himself

>Clark in Gotham
Characterizes his problem with Batman after seeing his terror firsthand.

There is probably more scene of development with Clark and Lois too I'd imagine.

God damn.
>>
DELETE THIS

HUMANKIND SHOULD NOT WATCH THIS

WE ARE MOVING AWAY FROM OUR EVOLUTION COURSE. OUR CULTURE IS LITERALLY JUMPING 500 YEARS AHEAD
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 250x214px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 250x214px
Jesus, all this additional footage is great! The north Africa scene expanded and explained. Clark visiting Gotham and learning from the citizens themselves that Batman is much more brutal now and that the only way he'll stop is physically. Alfred being really upset at how Bruce is now. CAT MOTHERFUCKING GRANT! This fills in so many blanks people were complaining about! Fuck WB for cutting this down to 2 and a half hours!
>>
>>83412988
Because the sequence of failing and then sudden success makes it seem like the failure was pointless. With the included scenes in the ultimate edition, it was probably there to show Batman's smarts.

What did showing the failure do for the movie otherwise?
>>
Deja vu.

Remember when the third trailer came out and you thought "oh maybe it's going to be good"? Don't get fooled again and don't listen to this WB shill. After Green Lantern, The Dark Knight Rises, and Man of Steel all sucked in theaters and on DVD, and after BvS sucked in theaters, you really think this DVD is going to fix things? Fucking delusional. Also not paying money to see Suicide Squad or any DCEU movie again.
>>
How many hours is all of this again?
>>
Don't fucking hype up you morons. It's the same trash movie you saw in theaters and it's the same Zack fucking Snyder.
>>
>>83413065
Still Snyder's fault for not getting it right in theatrical

Director's cut is ideally just fanservice and the theatrical should stand on its own
>>
File: 1321501219781.png (124KB, 362x299px) Image search: [Google]
1321501219781.png
124KB, 362x299px
>>83412660
>black man playing scratch off & clark scene
Must be just before the "bat is dead bury it" scene?
>>
>>83412660
>The ultimate cut
Wow, they know they fucked up badly. I might even download it and watch this.
pirate of course
>>
>>83413096
The Ultimate Cut is 182 minutes, 30 minutes longer than the theatrical cut.
>>
>>83413082

>The Dark Knight Rises
>Man of Steel

These movies didn't sucked.
>>
>>83413065
Snyder knew he couldn't make a 3 hour long movie, this was made with a "ultimate cut" in mind all along.

Theatrical cut is what counts
>>
File: Batman-Chin-Rub.gif (408KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Chin-Rub.gif
408KB, 500x345px
>Batman breaks into Lex Corp
>He steals Kryptonite
>Also stumbles upon Aquaman
> Releases him

Wew lad. The possibility of this happening gets me a bit excited.
>>
File: 1353280080253.gif (2MB, 390x212px) Image search: [Google]
1353280080253.gif
2MB, 390x212px
>>83412660
>On Digital HD 6.28.16
>On Blu-Ray 7.19.16
>>
If only they could cut out Lex
>>
>>83413065

Or maybe Snyder and the screenwriters could have made a movie that didn't take three hours to tell.

Here's a way to start: Cut out the entire Lois Lane plot and the dream sequence, and scrap the entirety of Doomsday. There's a good jumping off point.
>>
>Batman isn't nice enough while stopping criminals like human traffickers
>somehow this is a problem
>>
>>83412660
>>
>>83413232
>Snyder didn't need to waste the audiences time showing stuff like the Africa incident and Batman successfully stealing Kryptonite
>woop lets put in these youtube vids of the other Leaguers and Lois Lane dicking around with a bullet that ends up being meaningless
>>
File: HOT.jpg (41KB, 527x709px) Image search: [Google]
HOT.jpg
41KB, 527x709px
>>83413105
Shut the fuck up, You cunts are worse than Synderfags.
>>
File: nothing.jpg (26KB, 560x458px) Image search: [Google]
nothing.jpg
26KB, 560x458px
>>
>>83412660
It does not look bad. I have yet to see the movie, I will see it directly in the full version
>>
Maybe with all of this extra content, someone else can edit together a better movie
>>
I am now sporting a cautious erection.
>>
>>83413069
>Because the sequence of failing and then sudden success makes it seem like the failure was pointless
The failure was not pointless. The purpose of that scene was to have Batman stand toe-to-toe with Superman for the first time. He spends most of the scene effortlessly destroying Luthor's security squad, but then Superman flies in and stops him by literally just standing in his way. That scene was to show Batman just how woefully outmatched he was.

You have to be extremely short-sighted to think the only purpose of that scene was to show Batman trying to get Kryptonite. Movies show scenes of failure all the time. Just because "objective A" isn't accomplished, doesn't mean the scene was a waste of time. I guess they shouldn't have shown the scene in Jaws where they try to inject the shark with strychnine because it fails. What a fucking WASTE, that was!
>>
>>83413295

But anon, workout the bullet subplot how you could figure out that Lex Luther was the villain in a Superman movie?

Well, a Batman and Lex Luther movie honestly. Superman can just be walking symbolism, no one cares about the fruity faggot when we can have Batman machine-gunning guys in a duster and blowing up 40 cars with a Batmobile. Why would people want to see Superman as a character when we can give all that screen-time to Batman and Lex instead?
>>
Deleted scenes look great.
>>
File: 1462994479904.png (117KB, 409x435px) Image search: [Google]
1462994479904.png
117KB, 409x435px
>>83413330
>MoS was mediocre at best
>people hype up BvS
>again mediocre at best
>"stop setting yourselves up for disappointment"
>"Shut up! You're worse than the people who purposely disappoint themselves!"
>>
>homme chauve-souris v homme supérieur: l'aube de la justice - Edition ultime

Are you ready for true superkino?
>>
>>83413295
>Lois Lane dicking around with a bullet that ends up being meaningless
It ties Lexcorp to the terrorism in Africa, which proves he was just trying to escalate shit with Superman, and would certainly help clear Supes' name regarding the incident and also be more evidence against Lex. I wonder if they'll have more of him getting arrested/imprisoned in the ultimate cut.
>>
>>83412987

There was scene with a sassy black lady explaining how Supes getting involved made the African dictator shoot everyone.

Holy shit, man.
>>
>>83413470

MoS was a great movie.
>>
File: ghhh.jpg (11KB, 210x258px) Image search: [Google]
ghhh.jpg
11KB, 210x258px
What is this expression trying to convey?
>>
Yeah we all know that BvS has a trailer worth of good movie.
Does it have two hours of good movie? Probably not.
>>
>>83413520
"No."
>>
>>83413533

Anal turbulence?
>>
>>83413515
>I guess that's why it's being included in the ultimate edition.
>>
File: youtu.be-8AO19XY2rqc.jpg (46KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
youtu.be-8AO19XY2rqc.jpg
46KB, 640x360px
>>83412660
Caught this nod to the original Superman movie when I saw it in IMAX. Kinda cool.
>>
>>83413544
"Yes."

Literally the best sci-fi movie of the last 10 years.

Hell, just the krypton segment is worth a full ticket and has more lore, content, discussion and richness than the rest of the cape movies released since then.
>>
>>83412923
Or Barb with a wig
>>
>>83413589

>praising the worst section of MoS

The entire Krypton sequence should have either been cut or integrated into smaller flashbacks later in the movie.
>>
>>83413378
>I guess they shouldn't have shown the scene in Jaws where they try to inject the shark with strychnine because it fails. What a fucking WASTE, that was!
I have no problem with the failure. In fact, I am almost entirely sure the failure is still in the ultimate edition.
>>
>>83413588
Honestly the more good they show Superman doing the more fucking stupid the fight between him and Batman gets.
>>
Does Johns have the power to retcon Jimmy being CIA?
>>
You literally can't defend when people's main arguments were that they could have had a scene doing this thing in the theatrical cut and then the ultimate cut actually had that scene

Cause if the inclusion of those scenes are not going to make for a better movie, the ultimate edition will actually be a worse movie
>>
>>83413544
End this
>"No."
shit
Terrible meme
>>
>>83413577

It was perfectly clear in the movie. A lot of people just got into the bandwagon pf complaining about both valid points and also a lot of very stupid shit. This is one of those cases.
>>
>>83412987
>Sorry m8, you're wrong.
Except I'm not. In the theatrical cut there's a scene IMMEDIATELY after, there's the black woman talking about how in the wake of Superman breaking up the terrorist ring, the military came in and basically just razed the place, killing a bunch of innocents, too.

Not really his fault, but an unforseen, unavoidable consequence of taking such major actions. Hey, just like in Pa Kent's story about saving his farm! It's almost as if there were some sort of intended theme, here...

>>83413620
OK, then, what's the problem? The only reason I was detailing the importance of the failure is because whatever anon I was replying to seemed to think the scene was a waste because Batman failed. I've heard the same complaint from plenty of others.
>>
File: Agent_Olsen_Red_Son_01.jpg (44KB, 284x621px) Image search: [Google]
Agent_Olsen_Red_Son_01.jpg
44KB, 284x621px
>>83413663
>Jimmy Olsen has never been CIA before.
>>
>>83413663
He was only Jimmy in the credits, unless they call him that in the Ultimate Edition. They can easily just forget about that if they want real Jimmy.
>>
>>83413629

Why? You understood why Batman went after Superman, right? It wasn't so much about what Superman had done, but what he could do after ending up like Batman.
>>
>>83413679
The black woman scene is in the theatrical cut.

>>83413663
Yes, but it was Manhattan who stole love and made him write the shitty JL Origins and Darkseid War
>>
File: wait, what.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wait, what.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>83413520
>>83413589

son...
>>
>>83412660
What? Zack Snyder with a trailer that looks great!?

Man oh man, this version will have all the problems fixed with all the shit that was missing!

But wait, there's more! It'll still have the asinine dream sequences, the piss break with the youtube ads on Wonder Woman's laptop, the luthorade in the courtroom, Superman dying at the end, Luthor being completely schyzo, another. fucking. origin. story. for. batman. Shitty Doomsday graphix, turkish airlines plugs, muted colours, idiotic redundant plots about bullets and fucking MARTHA all over again.

But it has another cunt with glasses and a bunch of more black people being mad at batman! It'll be great!!
>>
>>83413616
No, fuck off. Its by far the best part of the movie. At least I can recognise you by your usual terrible opinions and your name attached to it.
>>
>>83413710
It's fine if you enjoyed it. There's movies I like that most people think were bad. Just don't be one of those jackasses who says "It's so deep and intellectual! You just don't get it!"
>>
>>83413698
The failure scene becomes useless when he simply succeeds afterwards. People have a problem with him suddenly succeeding, not his failure. With a sudden success, as was in the theatrical cut, the failure doesn't do anything for the narrative and we already know Batman and Superman are at odds.

They shot his success for a reason. I mean obviously Snyder had, at some point during the filming of the movie, realized that maybe they would want that content.
>>
>>83413710

>being surprised people are still salty after 18 months of capekino shitposting

They brought it on themselves.
>>
It may fill in a few plot holes, but there's a lot that can't be fixed. Superman and Lex are still nothing like their comic counterparts, Doomsday is still needlessly forced in for another visual clusterfuck of an action scene, Lex's plan is still entirely unnecessary since Batman and Superman hated each other already, Cavill and Gadot's acting will still be horrendous, and everything will still be hilariously over-the-top and goofy in a movie that's trying to be serious and deep.

It's still going to by a Snyder movie.
>>
>>83413735
>black woman
who is talking about the black woman scene in this entire thread? People are talking about the explicit showing of the African massacre
>>
>>83412960

The movie needs to convey it to emotionally engage you

If you just slip it in some hammy dialogue it doesnt hold the same effect and seems to lazy
>>
>>83413193
oh goddammit
>>
>>83413069
>What did showing the failure do for the movie otherwise?

Action sequence where cars blow up. Didn't really add anything to the film, but satisfied Snyder's more adolescent impulses.

Here's the issue with Snyder; he's a visually fantastic director and is genuinely more intelligent than he appears, but deep down he's a very childish guy who wants to make big explosion filled action films, and he's embarrassed by that. So he finds these legitimately interesting ideas, and then proceeds to use them only to provide justification for his action sequences.

For example, BvS has some really interesting stuff about the nature of power and how it corrupts, but it's mainly there to justify Batman blowing up cars with machine guns and Lex making Doomsday. Rather than those action sequences serving to emphasise the themes of the film, the themes are just a reason for those action sequences to happen. That's Snyder's main flaw as a director; I'm fully convinced he could be a good director if he saw that and took measures against it, either by legitimately trying to do things the other way around or just letting his childish side loose without hiding it.
>>
>>83413722
Because Batman's reasoning is "IF THERE'S ANY CHANCE HE COULD BE EVIL I HAVE TO TAKE HIM OUT" but "Oh he's got/had parents just like me" is enough to change his mind, not to mention the fact that Superman and Lois could have just been fucking lying to stop him from killing Supes. There is no good reason for Batman to want to kill Supes and it made no fucking sense for him to ignore all the fucking good Supes has done for "Martha" to change his mind.
>>
>>83413193
Have you been in a coma for the past few years? This is standard operating procedure on all major studio movies.
>>
We have to kill Bill Gates. Despite all he has done for the world, a man with that much money is too dangerous.
>>
>>83412660
Looks good but on the other ham, the disaster we got also looks good. There's so much shit here that you don't only need to add but to cut a bunch of stuff to make it good. And it also involves mindwashing Zack into not doing shit like casting someone who was meant to be Jimmy as Lex. Gonna wait for a fan edit and for the cut scenes to be on youtube.
>>
>>83413710
No one defends the Thor movies.
Also AoU is a better movie than BvS.
>>
>>83413804
But those are all like, your opinions.
>>
>>83413810
The black woman talks about the massacre, you dont have to show it.
>>
>>83413721

No, he was Jimmy Olsen in the credits. He's also listed like that in IMDB.
>>
>>83413713
>he would rather have dead CIA Jimmy than actual Jimmy
>>
>>83413888
Alright. Here's a question.

Do you think showing the massacre will make for a better or a worse movie?

>Neither
No, ruining the pacing of the movie will make it worse. You have to choose one.
>>
Looks really solid, looking forward to it.
Also, I wasn't really able to enjoy Batman fights in theater, everything was so fast and dark, hopefully, at home I will understand them better.
>>
>>83413883
Lex being pointless is not an opinion. The movie established that Bruce and Clark hated each other for their own reasons, he didn't need to do anything to get them to fight, and his attempts to do so constituted a very large portion of the movie.
>>
>>83413868
People aren't complaining about origin stories just for existing they complain when everyone already fucking knows the origin.
Everyone knows the basic shit about Batman, why waste any amount of time on that?
>>
>>83413834

Batman wasn't talking about Superman being evil, he was talking about the inevitability of the path they both walk on.

Batman thought that everything he built, everything he did, everything he fought was for nothing. Nothing changed. He just lost loved ones. He himself was contemplating suicide.

In his mind Superman would end up there eventually and when that day finally came, what then? He could destroy the world as easily that he helped destroy half of Metropolis.

So if there was something Batman could do to give his last days on Earth so goddamn meaning, that would be killing Superman before that happened.

And here's a thing about a guy facing his last days: he tends to think a lot about his beginnings, and in Batman case that had to do with Martha.
>>
>>83413868
>m-mcucks
fuck off
>>
>>83413902
I know that, my point was that he was only called Jimmy Olsen in the credits and not in the movie itself.
>>
>>83413804

>Superman and Lex are still nothing like their comic counterparts

Which ones, though? The Golden age ones? The Silver age ones? The Byrne era? The 2000s? The Birthright era? The Geoff Johns era apping the Donner movies? The New 52 ones?
>>
>>83413779
>Just don't be one of those jackasses who says "It's so deep and intellectual! You just don't get it!"
To be fair, that's not the problem. The movie wasn't very intellectual at all, but when your average moviegoer is so fucking stupid that they ignore/don't understand things that are straight up TOLD to you in the movie itself, if makes it hard to take their arguments seriously. It's not so much that the movie is too smart for anyone, it's just that people are really fucking dumb.

Although it may or may not hinge on how much you actually give a shit about the movie. I went to Civil War without being really interested, and I missed a ton of important plot points that were included, and my friend needed to clarify them for me, simply because I wasn't very invested.

>>83413868
This. Not sure why people were so angry over it, especially when it's pretty key to a lot of the insecurity and psychosis of Batman's character, and it also explains his redemption.

>>83413834
>but "Oh he's got/had parents just like me" is enough to change his mind
Are there still people who seriously think that this is what changes Batman's mind?
>>
>>83414006
None of them
>>
>>83414023

Are you sure?
>>
>>83413910
I dont think the massacre its necessary. I mean, the nigress actually tells what happened in 20 seconds, there is no need to waste 5 minutes on it, I would use the 5 minutes in developing another characters.
>>
>>83413995
So he's Jimmy Olsen
>>
>>83413947
Where are you getting any of this from? Where is it implied he's suicidal? If he believes that the world wont change AND he's suicidal why doesn't he just kill himself? And if the world wont change why even bother killing Superman? And what about the latter part of the movie changes his mind about the world not changing? If Batman could see that he's being unnecessarily brutal why doesn't he just stop? Why doesn't he just fucking talk to Superman?

>>83414013
>Are there still people who seriously think that this is what changes Batman's mind?
Then what changed his mind?
>>
>>83413615
I want my Batfam dammit
>>
>>83412923
DCEU Felicity
>>
>>83414050
So you think the ultimate edition will be a worse movie than the theatrical cut because of the inclusion of unnecessary scenes
>>
>>83414127
>Can't wait for Suicide Squad to do this all over again
fail?
>>
>>83414053
Again; only in the credits. I doubt anyone's going to say anything if they introduce a Jimmy Olsen in another movie. Except maybe you autists.
>BUT IF YOU WATCH THE CREDITS OF DAWN OF JUSTICE YOU'LL SEE THAT THE CIA AGENT IN THE BEGINNING WAS ACTUALLY JIMMY!!!
Irrelevant.
>>
>>83414178
>So many triggered ass Mouseketeers just for a video release.
>>
>>83414190
ok
>>
File: 1458685468743.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1458685468743.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>83414118

>Where are you getting any of this from? Where is it implied he's suicidal?

The movie.

>If he believes that the world wont change AND he's suicidal why doesn't he just kill himself?

Death by Superman.

>And if the world wont change why even bother killing Superman?

Because the world will keep on spinning, unchanged, but not completely fucked up by a suicidal kryptonian.

>And what about the latter part of the movie changes his mind about the world not changing?

Superman didn't let himself be sway by pessimism despite all the shit that happened and died still a hero. Also, Darkseid.

>If Batman could see that he's being unnecessarily brutal why doesn't he just stop?

Because he gave up on his old ways. It didn't changed shit. If he's already bent on killing Superman or die trying, then why spare anyone else?

>Why doesn't he just fucking talk to Superman?

For what? To announce he attempts to kill him?
>>
>>83414190
He introduces himself to Lois as photographer Jimmy Olsen in the extended Africa scene.
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 1279x722px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 1279x722px
>>83412660
More scenes doesn't make it any less shittier.
>>
File: bvsrewrite.jpg (82KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
bvsrewrite.jpg
82KB, 750x450px
Are they going to change the reason Batman and Superman fight? If not, it's still a garbage movie.
>>
>>83413373
Remove the JL scenes and the final ding ding scene with Luthor
>>
>>83414279
I like the "DING DING DING" scene with the cut communion footage beforehand added in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s
>>
>>83412660
Man I hate this superman. I'm glad Batman broke his stupid face and made him learn what it means to be a man.
That and Batman making the JL. The world doesn't need superman the world is better without superman (zod said that thanks to clark he found earth which made the events from BvS happen on the first place along with Lex using the kryptonian ship to call darkseid and friends). Even Batman rage and paranoia got worse thanks to the metropolis incident.
And who saved the world in the end? BATMAN, the same man that thought-what if this alien snaps and destroys the world( the flash mentions in the knightmare, Bruce was right all along). Thanks to his kryptonian weapons doomsday was defeated.
Not only that but amazons and the people from atlantis defeat darkseid before.

Why we need Superman?
>>
File: sad and frustrated.png (367KB, 443x516px) Image search: [Google]
sad and frustrated.png
367KB, 443x516px
>all the good Superman scenes got axed
>>
>>83414321
I would've just ended Luthor's arc in this movie with the Communion footage. Shows him being arrested, and having conversed with the Scout Ship intelligence. The ding ding scene is really just pointless, aside from showing Batman's new aversion to branding and I cannot stand the snot on Luthor's face seriously
>>
>>83413470
Better watch out, you'll get banned for calling out Marvel shitposters.
>>
>>83414175
I guess if it helps retard to understand the movie...
>>
>>83414210
>The movie.
You'll need to be specific.
>Death by Superman.
But he won that fight.
>Because the world will keep on spinning, unchanged, but not completely fucked up by a suicidal kryptonian.
Why would he care when he's dead?
>Superman didn't let himself be sway by pessimism despite all the shit that happened and died still a hero.
But that could easily seen as him becoming Batman. You say Batman's suicidal and what's to take out the world threat and die doing it, well Superman did exactly that, so why would this change Batman's mind?
>Because he gave up on his old ways. It didn't changed shit. If he's already bent on killing Superman or die trying, then why spare anyone else?
If he's bent on killing Superman why bother with anyone else?
>For what? To announce he attempts to kill him?
"Hey man the worlds a bad place and there are people who will fuck with you and the ones you love but when they do keep your head held high and do what's right" or something, you say Batman's aware of his darkness so why wouldn't he try to just kill anyone who could go down his path instead of just telling them what's at the end of that path? He kills Superman but then what happens when another alien decides come to Earth but isn't as nice?
>>
>>83414392
So yeah... you do believe the ultimate edition will be worse.

I don't get why you are dancing around that statement.
>>
>>83414337
Without Superman, Batman would have continued to kill and brand people. Superman gave Batman back his faith in humanity.
>Men are still good.
>>
Words of encouragement from the cinematographer.
>>
>>83414337
>Man I hate this superman. I'm glad Batman broke his stupid face and made him learn what it means to be a man.

YEAH MAN! Batman is so fucking cool!

THios movie was so dumb for even having Superboringfuck in the title.
>>
>>83414337
Superman did literally nothing wrong in the entire movie aside from pushing Batman when he wanted to talk to him
He also learned literally nothing from Batman as he was already near death before
>>
>>83414242
Though it wasn't very well executed in the film, the motivation itself was fine. That script looks like it was written by someone who has no idea how emotions work. Batman wasn't thinking rationally at all during the fight.

To be honest, I think that a big part of it would be fixed if instead of Supes shouting 'you're killing Martha', he was too weak to even speak in the presence of the Kryptonite, and Lois would run in and shout the line instead.

It still makes Bruce look pretty unhinged but I don't know in what world he isn't.
>>
>>83414013
When the average person watching a movie can't figure out what's going on, why certain things are happening, or what a character's motivations are, it might just be the movie's fault.
>>
>>83414397
>But he won that fight.
He wasn't expecting to, even Alfred straight up tells him it's suicide
>Why would he care when he's dead?
This is literally the worst thing I've read on this board regarding Batman in any media
>>
>>83414452
He got in a tub with Lois with his shoes and socks still on
>>
>>83412660
No, stop talking about this. The majority says this movie is bad, therefore it is bad.
>>
I just hope the fight scene would be improved

I'm really disappointed at the actual Batman vs Superman fight.

It was the ONE area I hoped Synder would deliver.
>>
>>83414484
>He wasn't expecting to, even Alfred straight up tells him it's suicide
So am I expected to believe he was just gonna kill himself after Superman?
>This is literally the worst thing I've read on this board regarding Batman in any media
"EVERYTHING I DO IS FOR NOTHING, THE WORLD WONT CHANGE"
"BUT I STILL CARE WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I DIE"
>>
>>83412660
>Lofty meaningless dialogue!
>More pointless scenes in an already 180 minute movie!
>ULTIMATE

I want Snyder to be blacklisted
>>
>Superman saving African village from total annihilation by stopping missile
>Superman still blamed due to KGBeast, Clark witnesses the fallout leading him to question himself not knowing he was setup
>Clark Kent actually trying to learn about Batman
>Superman saving survivors after senate bombing

Why the fuck did WB JUST Superman in the theatrical cut? It looks like his entire character was cut based on this trailer.
>>
>>83414427
Larry Fong is a god. Too bad he wont be there for Justice league
>>
>>83414427
So everyone with an IQ in the triple digits will still hate it. Gotcha.
>>
>>83414427
So he's saying nothing was fixed and it's just longer?
>>
File: MARTHA.png (179KB, 1868x376px) Image search: [Google]
MARTHA.png
179KB, 1868x376px
>>83414459
see pic for the main and totally un-resolvable problem with that scene.

There's also the elephant in the room: That Batman doesn't work as a contrast to Superman if Superman is dark and broody and hounded by death and destruction, but there's no reason for Batman to fight Superman if he's Reeve Superman.
>>
File: 1441776362845.png (204KB, 648x581px) Image search: [Google]
1441776362845.png
204KB, 648x581px
>I would like to look him in the eyes and ask him which lives count?

>Drawing moral equivalency in a Superman story

The police, in nearly every country, are allowed to shoot violent felons fleeing capture/custody. If a reasonable person would believe someone fleeing the police is capable of doing harm to others, lethal force is authorized. That's the standard set by police.

The African terrorists killed by Superman were actively evading capture and conspiring to take American lives. We would let a beat cop gun them down: If that standard is good enough for our communities, why must Superman meet some other standard for "clear and present danger".

So it comes down to a very nuanced issue: Are you, a terrorist, plotting to murder other citizens (or just people in general) and having taken every step to evade capture, entitled to any special protection when engaging in terrorism?
>>
>>83414539
>So am I expected to believe he was just gonna kill himself after Superman?
No, you're supposed to believe that he didn't think Superman would have the moral fiber to keep holding back on him
>"EVERYTHING I DO IS FOR NOTHING, THE WORLD WONT CHANGE"
Killing something as powerful as Superman would change humanity's future on a huge scale. He even directly says that fighting Superman is the only thing he could possibly do that could really matter on such a massive scale
>"BUT I STILL CARE WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I DIE"
Yes, because that's what heroism is
If he didn't care about the future of people around him he wouldn't be Batman
Summary: Batman wants to kill Superman to prevent a future existential threat to humanity- something far above crime in any city. He doesn't believe he can do it, but he's so far down the line that at this point he just wants to do one thing that will "really matter" before he dies.
>>
>>83412660
>HYPE
.....for what? All the scenes in the world isn't going to suddenly make it good.
>>
>>83412660
those delusional comment from Dcfags are hilarious
>>
>>83414612
>The African terrorists killed by Superman were actively evading capture and conspiring to take American lives.
That's... that's not what the scene was about. Superman didn't kill them. The woman was crying because after Superman left, the military of the government moved to violently suppress the remaining members of the military faction attempting a coup and numerous civilians were caught in the attack. She's blaming Superman for not saving them. You're really not understanding the situation at all.
>>
>>83414597
The problem with the first part is, again, that Bruce wasn't thinking straight when he gave his '1% chance' speech. Batman isn't thinking rationally throughout the film.

The girlfriend thing and the saving people part are discounted by him because he's willingly trying to ignore anything that could make Superman seem human. For lack of a better word, the name 'Martha' is a trigger to him.

It's not a very well-executed scene, I'll grant you, but it makes sense.
>>
>>83413589
You can suck a dick.
The best sci fi in recent years was or interstellar or ex machina
>>
>>83414617
>No, you're supposed to believe that he didn't think Superman would have the moral fiber to keep holding back on him
Why would he think that? There is NO good reason for him to think that, not a single one. Conflict in movies shouldn't come from a character being completely fucking stupid.
>Killing something as powerful as Superman would change humanity's future on a huge scale. He even directly says that fighting Superman is the only thing he could possibly do that could really matter on such a massive scale
Okay he kills Superman. Then another alien comes to Earth and Superman isn't around. What then? Just leave the Earth unprotected because you'll be able to sleep better at night in your bat pajamas?
>Yes, because that's what heroism is
>If he didn't care about the future of people around him he wouldn't be Batman
BvS Bats is one step away from being the Punisher, who most people agree isn't a hero.
Why care if you truly believe nothing will change?

>Summary: Batman wants to kill Superman to prevent a future existential threat to humanity- something far above crime in any city. He doesn't believe he can do it, but he's so far down the line that at this point he just wants to do one thing that will "really matter" before he dies.
That's some fucking stupid thinking on Bats' part. What makes him believe just killing Supes would eliminate the alien threat to Earth? ESPECIALLY when a big fucking chunk of alien tech is just sitting in Metropolis.
>>
>>83412841
I spoke to an extra who played one of the security guards from LexCorp, he said there's a lot more to that scene. According to him, he just got fucked UP by Batman and they show him on a stretcher with the absolute shit beat out of him.
>>
>>83414714
>It makes sense
Yes, in the magical nonexistent movie you've created in your head where there is extra context.

Unfortunately, over here in reality, the scene is shit and the movie makes no sense.
>>
File: 1454810457953.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1454810457953.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>83412660
Damn you, Snyder. I-I don't want to get hyped again for a movie you already hurt me with but this looks really good fuck
>>
>>83414852
Are all namefags as awful and fucking stupid like you?
>>
File: 1431126343272.jpg (28KB, 441x381px) Image search: [Google]
1431126343272.jpg
28KB, 441x381px
>>83412660
I honestly can't believed I'm hyped for this shit movie again
>>
>>83414878
Sure why not.
>>
>>83414903
I can. /co/ is fucking retarded.
>>
File: shia.jpg (62KB, 750x736px) Image search: [Google]
shia.jpg
62KB, 750x736px
>BvS was fine guys
>then why are they including these scenes in the director's cut
>those scenes are for idiots
>so the director's cut is bad
>n-no it'll be better snyder can do no wrong
>>

The ones named Lois Lane.
>>
>>83412660
When is it out?
>>
>>83414818
>Why would he think that? There is NO good reason for him to think that, not a single one. Conflict in movies shouldn't come from a character being completely fucking stupid.
There absolutely is. "20 years in Gotham..."
>Okay he kills Superman. Then another alien comes to Earth and Superman isn't around. What then? Just leave the Earth unprotected because you'll be able to sleep better at night in your bat pajamas?
The Kryptonians are the only aliens they've knowingly come into contact with thus far, and Superman could also be seen as the reason for driving them there (of course by the end of the movie we know this isn't true, as he was what was keeping Darkseid out)
>BvS Bats is one step away from being the Punisher, who most people agree isn't a hero.
One very important step away- the defining step- being driven at his core by genuine empathy for innocents caught in turmoil
>Why care if you truly believe nothing will change?
Because altruism, human empathy, the definition of a hero, BATMAN, etc.
Pessimistic outlook on humanity's future != "I don't care about humanity's future/I will stop trying to change it"
>That's some fucking stupid thinking on Bats' part. What makes him believe just killing Supes would eliminate the alien threat to Earth? ESPECIALLY when a big fucking chunk of alien tech is just sitting in Metropolis.
Because the Kryptonians are all dead outside of Superman
>>
>>83413520
Yeah, solid 8.5/10. A few flaws, but BvS fixed them.
>>
>>83414811
>meme machina
>the power of intergalactic love
No, really, just no.
>>
Why does he make such good trailers? Is it really our fault to believe in him...again?
>>
>>83415195
Yes. It's entirely your fault for being retarded. He won't stop unless we collectively force him to by proving that there's no market in it anymore.
>>
>>83415195
>Is it my fault I keep falling for the same bullshit over and over again?
Yes, retard, it is.
>>
>>83413814
but the movie does do that...
>>
File: Kino.jpg (83KB, 640x326px) Image search: [Google]
Kino.jpg
83KB, 640x326px
Thank you based Snyder. I can't wait for 5 minute deleted scenes of Lex making Grandma's peach tea.
>>
>>83415082
>There absolutely is. "20 years in Gotham..."
I saw the movie once, you're gonna have to elaborate here.
>The Kryptonians are the only aliens they've knowingly come into contact with thus far, and Superman could also be seen as the reason for driving them there (of course by the end of the movie we know this isn't true, as he was what was keeping Darkseid out)
Okay if Superman could be seen as what brings aliens here what brought him here? There is no reason to believe more wont come with or without Superman.
>One very important step away- the defining step- being driven at his core by genuine empathy for innocents caught in turmoil
A step is a step, and I bet all it would take for him to go past that step is Alfred dying since we're shown that he just gets more brutal when people he loves die.
>Because altruism, human empathy, the definition of a hero, BATMAN, etc.
>Pessimistic outlook on humanity's future != "I don't care about humanity's future/I will stop trying to change it"
If he was REALLY so concerned about humanity's future he would try to guide Superman down the right path instead of try to kill him.
>Because the Kryptonians are all dead outside of Superman
What reason does he have to believe Kryptonians are the only aliens out there? What reason does he have to believe that there wont be aliens attracted to that Kryptonian tech?
>>
>>83412660
>>83412796
>We won't fall for Snyder's tricks again says Alzheimer's patients for fourth time.jpg
>>
File: wb meeting.jpg (51KB, 548x398px) Image search: [Google]
wb meeting.jpg
51KB, 548x398px
>>83414936
It's too deep for you anon, you just don't get the true vision
>>
File: 1454876976870.png (12KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1454876976870.png
12KB, 500x294px
>>83413520
>>83413589
>>
>>83415195
Yes. Yes it fucking is you idiot
>>
>>83415278
>>83415309
>>
I feel like a dirty whore. I know that Snyder abused me, that he hurt me, that he's a bad man, but this trailer is so good, so promising. I want to open my legs for him again and feel his warm touch in-between them. I just can't help myself.
>>
>>83415484
>I just can't help myself.
Yes you can. You're just intentionally being an idiot
>>
>>83415484
Trailers are meant to hype you up, Anon, fucking control yourself.
>>
>>83414568
No, those are the fans.

IQ below 100 are the haters.
>>
>>83414525
>majority=everyone
>>
>>83414934
the idea of superman and batman in the same movie always made me hyped
but i still dont expect it to be any less of dogshit
its a very mournful kind of hype
>>
File: Snyder Cycle.png (1MB, 2673x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Cycle.png
1MB, 2673x1750px
>>83412796
>the trailer loooks good guys, FUCKING HYPE
Snyder Cycle confirmed for real
>>
>>83415484
You honestly deserve everything you get.
>>
>>83415518
Silence my boy, we are solemnly boarding the hype train, this time it will get us into the sun.
>>
>>83414597
That pic is completely retarded.

>That Batman doesn't work as a contrast to Superman
No wonder why you posted that pic, you're dumb.
>>
File: Snyderfag Delusion.png (404KB, 1898x405px) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfag Delusion.png
404KB, 1898x405px
>>83412796
I'm screencapping this for future lolz
>>
>>83413804
>Superman and Lex are still nothing like their comic counterpart
Superman saves people, Lex hates Superman. The core is still there.

>Doomsday is still needlessly forced in
More for your money. Ever read a comic? That's a GOOD thing.

>Lex's plan is still entirely unnecessary since Batman and Superman hated each other already
Not liking someone doesn't mean you go out of your way to kill him. Otherwise politicians would kill each other.

>Cavill and Gadot's acting will still be horrendous
Cavill's acting was good, Gadot's was okay.

>everything will still be hilariously over-the-top and goofy in a movie that's trying to be serious and deep.
The movie was good, you just wanted it to be bad. You can say that about literally any serious movie in order to discredit it.
>>
>>83412660
>rated R
of fuck what did they add?
>>
>>83415738
Batman fucking a skeleton dressed like Wonder Woman
>>
>>83415738

Lois Lane nipples and vag. Also, Superman naked butt.
>>
>>83415738
More violence and references to Christianity.
>>
>>83415738
The second half of Halo 2
>>
File: 1410323730678.jpg (3KB, 242x251px) Image search: [Google]
1410323730678.jpg
3KB, 242x251px
>>83415653
Yes, sorry, you're very clearly right. The dark and brooding and overly violent Superman DOES contrast with the dark and brooding and overly violent Batman. They're total opposites.
>>
>>83415738
Commissioner "is not rape if they end dead" Gordon obviously.
>>
File: Laughing Whores .gif (1008KB, 449x253px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Whores .gif
1008KB, 449x253px
>>83415724
>Snyderfags will forever be going through mental gymnastics
>tfw you can accept this movie was shit and still like the comics
>>
It's the same shitty movie there's just more of it now. You can like bad things if you want to but don't pretend it wasn't bad. More scenes didn't fix Watchmen and that was adapted almost shot for shot from one of the best comics ever written or drawn.
>>
>>83415833
I liked the movie but I can accept that people are pulling too many mental gymnastics on this stuff, pretty hyped about the Ultimate Cut too.

What would that make me
>>
>>83413115
>>83413177
Only casuals remember the theatrical version of any movies.

Ever since the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit extended movies came out it changed everything. Some movies only ad the extra as bonus material but so little do the extended versions and to the fans those are the ¨real¨ ones that are worth.

I for one dont even remember the theatrical version of those movies and to me the extended versions stand much more than the original ones.

I think its a debate like in the star Wars movies, the only difference is that BvS was made entirely for a 3 hour long movie but was cut down due to regulations.
>>
>>83415822

>Cruel and Unusual Films, Inc. is an American film production company that was established in 2004 by filmmaker Zack Snyder, his wife Deborah Snyder

>In 2013 the studio served as co-producer to Man of Steel, remake of the Superman franchise and start of the DC Extended Universe. In 2016 the studio co-produced the sequel to 2013's Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

>hurddurr why is the movie so cruel and unusual?
>The studio is literally called Cruel and Unusual films
>>
File: 1456863612414.png (589KB, 2096x920px) Image search: [Google]
1456863612414.png
589KB, 2096x920px
>>83415661
where's the anon who screencapped dozens of these?
>>
>>83415833
But the comics are also shit. Thats why adaptations focus only on the same 10 stories despise having literally thousands.
>>
>>83415904
>why is the movie so cruel and unusual?
I'll take questions I didn't ask for 1000, Alex.
>>
>>83412660
So I think we can all agree that this will be 10/10 true capekino that will fix every "mistake" in the theatrical release. Based Snyder does it again!
>>
File: 1463331011216.png (183KB, 849x305px) Image search: [Google]
1463331011216.png
183KB, 849x305px
>>83415912
Got a bunch.
>>
File: chokemebatdaddy1.gif (960KB, 500x228px) Image search: [Google]
chokemebatdaddy1.gif
960KB, 500x228px
>>
File: chokemebatdaddy2.gif (1MB, 500x228px) Image search: [Google]
chokemebatdaddy2.gif
1MB, 500x228px
>>83416034
>>
File: 1463330933704.png (611KB, 1868x802px) Image search: [Google]
1463330933704.png
611KB, 1868x802px
>>83416022
>>
>>83416022
>1.jpg
kek. Everytime.
>>
>>83415927
>combining Death of Superman and the Dark Knight Returns with New Gods elements is a good idea
>but the comics are also shit
Go to bed WB
>>
>>83415912
I got a ton
>>
File: Snyderfag Nails IT.png (211KB, 1160x686px) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfag Nails IT.png
211KB, 1160x686px
>>83415912
>>
File: Acting Is Hard.jpg (34KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Acting Is Hard.jpg
34KB, 480x270px
>>83412796
>t-this time it'll be good
>>
>>83414850
The context is there. I'm saying that it's the fault of the filmmakers for not making it clear enough.
>>
>>83416066
I still believe most of these were by shitposters false flagging as hopeful fans

Any rational person would be cautiously hopeful at best and not jump the gun
>>
File: 1462831809236.png (192KB, 1331x615px) Image search: [Google]
1462831809236.png
192KB, 1331x615px
>>83416066
Shit, didn't notice the idiot was bragging about senator finch. Wish I had saved the ones from fbook. They make these look like logical and thought provoking.
>>
>>83416199
Same, but if you can read the comments. Some anons were eating that shit.
>>
>>83416162
How is this bad acting? Looking angry is easy

You just don't like her because she's a Jew
>>
File: image.png (425KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
425KB, 1280x960px
I honestly think there shouldn't be any BvS threads on this board anymore.

Not that I hated the movie, I actually really enjoyed it though I wouldn't do mental gymnastics like most people, but more of because they all just end in shitposting and constant hate instead of discussions without calling out anyone as Marvelshill and DCuck.

That said tho I am hyped for this Ultimate Edition, enjoyed the theatrical version and hoping this will only make it better
>>
>>83415724
Doomsday was admittedly one of the more entertaining parts of the movie, but it didn't make sense that Lex would create an Alien Laser Hulk when he already hates aliens. There's no scene showing that Lex's plan went awry and Supes had to fix it, which I think was the idea.

Of course in the end it turns out that Lex is not, as we thought the whole movie, working to stop the threat of alien invasion but instead seemingly either corrupted or actively working for Darkseid, which is something only a comic or cartoon fan would know from the inverted painting, Knightmare sequence, and ringing bells.

If the average schlub on the street watches that movie, the obfuscated greater plot (that's the actual plot of the movie) would not be clear, and even with the clarity delivered by being a fan it's not enough to make Doomsday anything more than a big flashy CGI sequence to finish the movie, which ironically is one of the big problems with the MCU, only instead of it being the heroes fighting 50 million little assholes with shit flying all over the screen BvS does just one guy, so it's all the same. Of course there really wasn't much else of a way to do it when it's a team up or crossover.

Furthermore, Superman's death is so cheap, obviously fake, and comes far, far too soon. Death of Superman was supposed to be about a beloved old character and symbol of hope and compassion getting fucking murdered by some random living weapon, and then cynically returned to life. BvS is about a really conflicted and young symbol of uncertainty and strength getting murdered by some guy who doesn't like him and is also somehow corrupted by the Space Devil using a zombie, and then being cynically brought back to life. Why should I even care that Superman is dead? Why waste time filming two funeral scenes for a guy I don't really like yet, and also isn't dead?

So basically Doomsday made for a cool sequence, but besides that he actually kind of shits all over what plot there is.
>>
>>83416289
Not him, but I don't like her because we've already seen that she can't act, nor does she have the physique. I don't even blame her, she's a model, that's her first job, so of course she isn't going to fuck with her body too much. She has a pretty face though.
>>
>>83412660
>all those additional scenes
Zack...what the fuck are you doing, dude. You left all this shit out solely for that shitty Knightmare and meta human shit? Fuck you.
>>
>>83416210
Wilkinson is based, to be fair.

If I'm being honest, 80% of my hype for BvS came from his costume designs.
>>
>/co/ - Battered housewives
>>
>>83415927
>But the comics are also shit.
Just leave
>>
File: WAKE US UP.jpg (113KB, 1552x979px) Image search: [Google]
WAKE US UP.jpg
113KB, 1552x979px
>>83416022
I would like to take this time to say that A SECOND FRESH REVIEW day was probably one of the best days on /co/ in recent memory. It was absolutely amazing
>>
File: Snyderfags.png (34KB, 832x123px) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfags.png
34KB, 832x123px
>>83416360
Daily reminder MoS had a pointless nightmare scene too and given that he wrote the base script for JL, I wouldn't be surprised if theres gonna be another one too.
>>
>>83416199
>Any rational person would be cautiously hopeful at best and not jump the gun
Have you seen this thread right now? Or the other threads? Saying how "Well this will fix EVERYTHING! Mousketeers BTFO'ed" with just a trailer? You know the same thing that already happened?
>>
>>83416360
He desperately needs someone to reign him in. He hasn't done any smalltime movies since Dawn of the Dead way back in 2004. He falls in love with visuals way too much that it hinders the ability to tell a good story. I know he wants so many things included in his movies, but you just can't get blockbusters that are 3 hours long stuffing it to the gills. Even Transformers 4, as bloated as it was, is still only 2 hours 45 minutes.
>>
>>83412931
>We didn't really need it shown to us, did we?
I wanted Batman to do Batman things. They could've cut the whole chase out and still have him break in to steal the 'nite.
>>
>>83416124
>BvS 1.7 billion
>Apoc 1 billion

I just can't
>>
>>83416464
No Scott, your Batman comics are shit.
>>
>>83416577
Too be fair those are similar to the review ratings I would give each movie.

Maybe subtract a 10% from each movie.
>>
File: Pub Wink.gif (2MB, 348x323px) Image search: [Google]
Pub Wink.gif
2MB, 348x323px
>>83412660
>tfw you saw MoS and knew then and there Snyder would never be worth your time again
>tfw you didn't even bother to sneak into BvS
>tfw all the tears and shitposting have been significantly more entertaining than that movie ever could be
>tfw you won't even bother torrenting this "ultimate" edition, complete with 200 more bible references, more brilliant dialogue like "dicksplash" and more stolen painting imagery in a sad attempt to seem mature
>tfw the same thing is going to happen with Justice League next year
>tfw you can enjoy the comics and not cry like some sad corporate shill cause Snyder owns all your favorite characters
>>
>>83412660
Christ this looks terrible.
>>
>>83416500
Yeah, The nightmare in BvS only works as end credit as a hype for Darkseid and nothing more, adding that scene to the middle of a movie is a dick move.
>>
>>83416634
That is some astoundingly shit taste you have anon
>>
File: 2deep4u.jpg (257KB, 1372x1211px) Image search: [Google]
2deep4u.jpg
257KB, 1372x1211px
I hope the extra footage won't add any plot or story telling. I don't want it getting in the way of my symbolism.
>>
>>83416674
And the Justice League totally-notteasers.

That's literally stinger bait and you put it in the middle for some reason
>>
File: 1463882361785.jpg (35KB, 445x604px) Image search: [Google]
1463882361785.jpg
35KB, 445x604px
Why do you do this to yourselves?

You're hyping yourselves for a movie you already know is bad, a few extra scenes isn't going to change that.

>something something Marveldrone, Disneyshill, Mouseketeer

Fuck off. I've always preferred DC to Marvel since I was a toddler, but I've learned to face facts that DC has no Earthly clue what they're doing. I'm sorry BvS was a massive pile of shit and Synder's rampage will continue, but being willingly blind isn't going to help.
>>
>>83413141
30 minutes more still doesn't seem Long enough
I wish it were an hour longer
That's how much footage t feels it needs to be a complete great movie
>>
>"You'll see Clark conduct an intricate research on Superman!"
>Clark just goes around Gotham to conveniently hear people talk about how Batman is a meanie.
>>
>>83416880
>"You'll see Clark conduct an intricate research on Superman!"
Yes, this "Super Man" needs to be exposed and I'm sure Clark will be the one to do it
>>
>>83416880
>what is investigative journalism
Goddamn is /co/ dumb
>>
>>83412660
jesus christ that trailer looked at of better than past ones a little bit
>>
>>83415629
This is depressingly true.
>>
>>83416880
Batman is a human and has to respect human laws.
Superman is an alien god and is above everything that's why he can fly in any country without giving a fuck.
>>
this movie could been decent if they ditch justice league prologue element and just focus on superman and batman. it would been decent but still zack can't handle character development that well
>>
>>83412660
I have high hopes for this, for once as Snyder is filming JL, it was probably cut by someone competent.
>>
>>83417139
He didnt write the movie. Blame Goyer and Terrio.
>>
File: 1451060956340.jpg (61KB, 620x257px) Image search: [Google]
1451060956340.jpg
61KB, 620x257px
Be strong /co/, remember how he hurt you.
>>
Ew looks worse
More 1 minute cutaways to scenes that will go nowhere
It's like 3 hours of YouTube clips smashed together
>>
>>83417211
fuck off snyderfag
>>
File: 7faad7e8176395d2300666ec.png (21KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
7faad7e8176395d2300666ec.png
21KB, 200x200px
>>83415661
>>83416022
>>83416066
>>83416124
>>83416139
>1.jpg
>>
Eh still looks to me like Superman suffers from having most of his character inferred through other people lecturing him. He's in desperate need of some lines that let him speak on his behalf.
>>
>>83412660
Seeing more Superman will be great. Can't wait for JL.
>>
File: 1jpg.png (324KB, 871x861px) Image search: [Google]
1jpg.png
324KB, 871x861px
>>83417902
The sad thing is he's now realized how "famous" he is and keeps posting on /tv/
>>
>>83412660

This is the only version I will watch.
>>
File: 1460923659180.jpg (117KB, 894x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1460923659180.jpg
117KB, 894x1000px
>>83412660

I love you Snyder, the world may hate you, the world may course you to dead but I'll always believe in you, I always did and I always will.

Exept that time you made sucker punch, even my faith has its limits.
>>
>>83419251
Guardians of Gahoole sucked too
>>
File: 1418850575674.jpg (18KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1418850575674.jpg
18KB, 180x200px
>>83419943

I didn't see that one though.
>>
>>83417352
Watching a fucking movie doesn't hurt me
>>
>>83417352
>>83420239
After watching such a high quality movie, it hurts to go back to others. Just like trying to watch a cartoon after seeing Batman: Brave and the Bold or watching an anime after Jojo's bizarre adventure.
>>
>>83420290
NEVER reply to me again
>>
>>83418003
This
>>
>>83412660
I don't know how to feel about a DVD/BluRay that's literally telling me that my time at the theater that day was a complete waste of time

It made me appreciate that Clark had to stop a missile preventing him from stopping the terrorists from massacring the village

But I get a nagging feeling that something could have been done so it wouldn't be cut for the general audience
>>
>>83420326
Don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again!
>>
>>83420666

The executives are fucking dumb and thought that the audience would only care about Batman, so they cut most of Superman scenes even the ones that made him look good.
>>
>Rated R
... so will there be rape scene?
>>
>>83421033
Luthor gets raped in prison at the end.
>>
Jesus Christ, this board is full of plebs.

Anyways, this is going to be incredible and I cannot wait to watch it. BvS ranks just below In The Mood For Love for me on the list of greatest 21st century films, but this extended edition just might put it at number one.
>>
>>83421214
Holy shit dude kill yourself.
>>
>>83421307
Just let him have whatever taste he has, shitposting or not.

The best way to combat bait is by not replying to it at all
>>
>>83412660
>words don't stop him, you know what stops him? A fist!
>stopped by the word "Martha"

Amazing! Could the extended cut be an 11/10?
>>
>>83421386
This is a BvS thread, it's nothing but bait.
>>
>>83421419
I didnt even catch it that. Goddamn Snyder is a fucking genius. Holy shit.
>>
>>83421423
Is there any way to save /co/ from all the MCUucks and DCEUfags threads?
>>
>>83421666
>if we do "A", "B" will happen

Dude I'm honestly a DC guy but you have to be kidding to think that there are paid shills in /co/

The best we can do DESU is seperate /co/ and /co/ related movies to different boards

>but they fall under the rules!!!

Doesn't matter, they're poisoning the board by shitposting 24/7

This is almost as bad as /tv/ or /v/
>>
>>83414242

You don't even have to go that far.

Batman should be useless in regards to finding Martha. If Clark heard Lois all the way in Africa in the opening scene, how the hell didn't he hear his own mother being kidnapped?
>>
>>83421666
Disney isn't paying anybody to shill. There has yet to be a single good DCEU movie. Batfleck will almost certainly be good but so far it's only been shit.
>>
>>83422081

Man of Steel was great, you shit.
>>
>>83422199
It's a depressing clusterfuck of of rubble and bad CGI.
>>
>>83412660
holy shit why did they cut this stuff out?

>>83421834
>Batman should be useless in regards to finding Martha. If Clark heard Lois all the way in Africa in the opening scene, how the hell didn't he hear his own mother being kidnapped?
martha's in gotham
superman knew where lois was because they're dating and they talk about that sort of thing
>>
>>83422276

It isn't. That was Returns. MoS was pretty inspiring.
>>
>>83422081
Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice were both good. That's a 100% success rate. I hope Suicide Squad does well, but if it's bad and critics/audiences like it, then it might lower the quality of future films.
>>
>>83422325
Inspiring how? Because Superman stopped the threat that would have never been a problem if he weren't around? How he didn't seem to care about life at all?
>>
>>83422424
>Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice were both good.
>>
>>83422468

He cared about life a plenty. What next, you will say that Jonathan wanted to drown some kids?

I don't even know i bother with people like you.
>>
>>83422494
Sorry I should have said "great" or "amazing."
>>
>>83422512
The kids on the bus and the family at the end were the only times he bothered to save anybody who he didn't personally know.
>>
>>83422561
What about the people he saved on the boat? Or when he stopped fighting the Kryptonians to save the guy in the helicopter?
>>
>>83422561

He tried to save the entire world and went so far as going against his own people. Fuck off.
>>
>>83412660
>3 1/2 hours
JUST
>>
>>83413232
>Or maybe Snyder and the screenwriters could have made a movie that didn't take three hours to tell.

Why? i take 3-4 hours over 90 minutes crap.
>>
>>83413082
Fuck off back to shilling Marvel's dick.
>>
>>83422627
>only 3 and a half hours

When can I get the complete uncucked version?

>>83422693
No attention span.
>>
>>83416289
Her acting was terrible, what little there was of it in this film.
>>
>>83413588
That's some serious powerlevel stuff, god level stuff, my guess is that Snyder choose not to include it as an actual escene since after that the batman fight wouldnt had any tension.

I really want superman doing something like that but it was smart to left that out
>>
>>83412660
Why is that minor supporting character in the middle of the cover?
>>
File: 1460174215659.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1460174215659.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>83412660
I can feel my hairline receding already.
>>
>>83422755
Keep crying kid. Your Superbum won't save shit.
>>
>>83414525
>how dare you enjoy things i don't enjoy
fuck off lol
>>
>>83413722
>>83413947
That's even worse though because there's nothing actually addressing the "potential downfall". Superman can still go bad. By his own words, nobody stays good forever. If that is the root of their conflict, it wasn't addressed at all.

The "answer" is to an entirely different question than the one you're saying was asked.
>>
>>83423140

>By his own words, nobody stays good forever.

Yeah, but Batman was wrong, you see.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-02-16-56-16.png (937KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-02-16-56-16.png
937KB, 1920x1080px
Something I'm pleased to see.
We will get a bit of Clark saving people after the senate bombing after all!
>>
File: 1451893265871.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1451893265871.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>83412660
>click play
>trailer ends
>click play again
>>
>>83423826
naysayers wrecked
>>
>>83423198
Too bad the story doesn't actually support it.
>>
>>83423826
Why would I want to see that instead of Superman looking like someone spilled salsa on his new carpet before flying off?
>>
File: AOU Deleted Scene.png (901KB, 1274x672px) Image search: [Google]
AOU Deleted Scene.png
901KB, 1274x672px
>>83412796
>doing this to yourself again
holy shit, why are warnerfags so sad
>>
>>83424380

Yes, it does.
>>
>>83412660
BASED
>>
File: This Guyzoch Serious.jpg (22KB, 476x456px) Image search: [Google]
This Guyzoch Serious.jpg
22KB, 476x456px
>>83422325
There are a lot of words you could use to discuss Returns and its problems.

There was literally nothing confusing/clusterfuck-y about it and it certainly didn't rely on CGI to tell its story.
>>
>>83424380
There's literally a song in the soundtrack called "Men are Still Good." That was what the ending was about. There are still good men out there, and Batman will find them and stand together.
>>
>>83414427

>Those of you who are fans, you will dig it.

All I needed to hear. It's my favorite Cape Film.

Less than a month to go... Hype!
>>
>>83423826

God... why did they cut that from the original cut?
>>
File: Brilliant Hack Snyder.png (1MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Brilliant Hack Snyder.png
1MB, 1920x800px
>>83424570
Cause there literally isn't a bigger hack than Zack
>>
>>83423826
Now this number makes sense.
>>
>>83415320

While I'm actually a fan of Batman v Superman and usually hate mouseketeer shit-posting I do enjoy this image.
>>
>>83412660
MEEEEEEEEEH. Is shit.
>>
File: QE44IdU.jpg (90KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
QE44IdU.jpg
90KB, 1024x683px
Cool to see this was a guy in a suit and not CG
>>
>>83413710
its not that you enjoyed the movie, its that people try to act like its alot better than it actually is.

Like, I didnt hate the new TMNT movie, but Im not going to parade it as some masterpiece or stoop to /tv/ levels of shameless defense strategies.
Its just this endless cycle of "you just didnt GET it, man" with MoS and BvS, its just fucking annoying how delusional some arguments get, and how unreasonable fans get about people who have problems with it.

also, I liked parts of BvS, but Im not gonna like the whole package just because the last 40 minutes appealed to me. So I dont really get how some people will handwave genuine flaws of the movie just to justify the parts they liked.

whatever, Ill watch the ultimate cut because, believe it or not, I dont want to hate the movie.
>>
File: CgXyddIW4AAtFf4.jpg (96KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CgXyddIW4AAtFf4.jpg
96KB, 600x600px
>>83412660
>ultimate special ultra r rated directors cucked edition
>everything still sucks
>batffleck is still the only good thing about it.
You were never a good movie, you were never even a movie.
>>
>>83424665
I don't believe he is wrong. It doesnt work on the context of this movie. It works well during the action since it's not a real conversation.

Make Bruce and clark do the heavy dialogue and let Batman and Superman be Batman ans Superman, Nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: Hmm.jpg (45KB, 859x741px) Image search: [Google]
Hmm.jpg
45KB, 859x741px
>>83412660
MoS was unequivocally shit, so was Watchmen. In fact the only Snyder movie I ever liked was the DotD remake.

Should I even bother pirating this?
>>
>>83424873
That Bat-demon was scary. Pretty good designe, hope the same team is involved in Aquaman.
>>
>>83425041
>Make Bruce and clark do the heavy dialogue and let Batman and Superman be Batman ans Superman, Nothing wrong with that.
>43 fucking lines in a 2.5 hours movie
>heavy dialogue
http://screencrush.com/batman-vs-superman-dialogue/

Fuck off Terrio.
>>
>>83425082
Pirating is illegal, anon
Bury it.
>>
>>83424665

It wasn't Snyder's call. Snyder had control over the "director's cut", not the teatrical release.
>>
File: aVPmR1K_460s.jpg (37KB, 460x415px) Image search: [Google]
aVPmR1K_460s.jpg
37KB, 460x415px
That's really the issue, it's basically a religion, being a DCCU fan is like being in a cult, going to see the movies is like going to church and about as much fun.

Seeing a fox/marvel movie is like going to the waterpark, it doesn't symbolize anything, it is what is and you can take it or leave it.

I don't want to have to guilt myself into seeing Batman 9-12, or a rushed JL movie. I don't want to have to guilt myself into arguing about it with nerds on the internet...because if I admit that this movie sucks then in some way I have betrayed my love of superman, and intrinsically my childhood.
>>
>>83415629
It's images like this that keep me coming to Snyder threads.
>>
>>83425287
>it is what is and you can take it or leave it.
yes, go into a mcu thread and say that
>>
File: Lex Luthors Masterplan.jpg (654KB, 902x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Lex Luthors Masterplan.jpg
654KB, 902x1100px
>>83425156
>giving Snyder and WB a dime after they raped Superman a second time
No, he really should pirate it if he's curious. It's already a waste of time, 30 more minutes is going to be dreadful.

Also
>people actually thought this movie would be good when "The bat is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy." is hilariously bad dialogue
>>
Here's the thing about Batman v Superman for me. When I saw the first teaser I was like: "Oh shit! We get to see Bruce and Clark fight Dark Knight Returns style."

When I first saw Man of Steel I was pretty "meh" about the whole thing. I didn't had it, I just didn't really like it. As Batman v Superman was getting closer and closer to its release I rewatched Man of Steel and found myself enjoying it more upon further viewing.

Still, I was prepared for Batman v Superman to be not so great, I was a bit optimistic but not overly so. Basically if I got to see Batman kick the shit out of Superman while Batman is in power armour then it would be worth the price of admission.

One of the first things in the movie is a reference to Excalibur which made me really fucking excited as Excalibur is one of my favorite movies. Also, I was glad a young Bruce and the Waynes were seeing Zorro (Faust?! Are you fucking serious Nolan?!).

The comes, with zero irony, MANKIND IS INTRODUCED TO THE SUPERMAN, and I sat back and enjoyed the ride.

I've always stood by the fact that Batman v Superman is not for everyone. It's a very dense film (nay-sayers will say clusterfuck) but I actually enjoyed that about the film. I like how it went the Morrison route of the Justice League (or at least the Trinity) being analogues to Gods.

I like that it was very visually inspired by The Dark Knight Returns, and I absolutely LOVE the score.

Also, Batfleck = Best Batman and I'm super hyped for Ben Affleck's Batman movie.
>>
How did Lex know when to detonate the bomb in the courtroom? And if it was on a timer, how did he make sure the Senator saw the jar of piss?
>>
>>83413615

Or not, and everyone just got caught up in the rumor mill. Snyder said she wasn't.
>>
File: Dawn of JUST.png (288KB, 539x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dawn of JUST.png
288KB, 539x300px
>>83412796
>>83415629
my sides
>>
File: DaredevilMattMurdock.jpg (118KB, 900x383px) Image search: [Google]
DaredevilMattMurdock.jpg
118KB, 900x383px
>>83424873
>I just wanted to be in cool superhero movies based on frank miller's stories
>wtf is this thing? Am I on batman forever?
>10 year contract, what the hell was I thinking?
>I miss Elektra, I miss my wife and kids.
>*wake me up, I can't wake up, save me*
>>
>>83424980
>You were never KINO. You were never even a FILM.
>>
>>83425338
I just find it hilarious that he's all high and mighty and doesnt trust The Bat when he's making things worse and breaking more laws than Batman.
>>
>>83425371
>One of the first things in the movie is a reference to Excalibur which made me really fucking excited as Excalibur is one of my favorite movies

Seeing the name of a movie you like in an unrelated movie got you "really fucking excited" for that movie? Jesus Christ, I now understand what kind of a simpleton you need to be in order to enjoy these Snyder movies.
>>
>>83425620
Plus, doesn't Excalibur kind of suck?
>>
>>83412660
When I saw the first BvS trailer and Superman used his heat vision, then the next scene was Batman dodging it, I thought it was the sickest shit.

When I saw the movie and discovered that Supes was shooting at Doomsday and Bats was just dodging a blast from Doomsday, I felt I had been slapped in the face
>>
>>83425620

It made me excited because it's not just a random movie people throw out there. There are people who really like Excalibur, and other people who don't give a shit about Excalibur. The fact that there are a lot of nods made me happy.

But no, lets ignore people having different taste and shit post.

This is the problem with mouseketeers, you literally can't have a conversation with them about anything which isn't Marvel.
>>
>>83425691

Some people love it; other people don't.
>>
>>83415629
Looks like we are far from over. This ultimate edition will be the perfect scapegoat for fans to claim that if this version was the one in cinemas it would have got the critics love and beat cw's box office. Their sick mind will lead them to get hyped for JL part 1 which eventually will lead to a second fresh review electric boogaloo. Shit if somehow Ragnarok beats Jl's box office and gets more respect from critics we may see some suicides.
>>
>>83425697
Bats shoul've been the one that stabs doomsday, not supes.
>>
>>83425854
I'm still excited for JL movie, like bvs, its a first of its kind, hopefully it won't suck like bvs but who am I kidding, DC hasn't learned from Snyder.
>>
So what's the legitimate criticisms of the film?
>Jimmy Olsen
>Poor editing/A lot was cut
... That's it?
>>
>>83425753
>This is the problem with mouseketeers, you literally can't have a conversation with them about anything which isn't Marvel.

Kek. I actually really liked excalibur, but a reference apropos of nothing is not anything worth getting excited about.
>>
>>83413877
BvS is definitely Thor 2 tier.
>>
>>83426145
The absolute dogshit writing

Killing classic character traits and replacing them with "muh dark serious"

Lex
>>
>>83426145
It's not the MCU.
>>
>>83426318
Nah, Thor 2 was nothing special, but at least it was competently made and I was entertained throughout.
>>
>>83412660
Still looks like fucking melodramatic garbage
>A BLOO BLOO BLOO SUPAMAN DIDN'T SAVE ME BABYBUMS WE WUZ VICTIMS N' SHIET

I bet if Superman saved her family she would have gone
>WHO HE THINK HE IS? WE DON' NEED NO WHITE MAN HEROBOY TO SAVE OUSELVES DAAYYYM NO!
>>
>>83426145
>>83426145
>Clark not being communicative with the public as Superman seems regressive in character development.
>Clark should have tried to reason with Bruce more.
>Clark needed more happy scenes prior to the Senate explosion.
>Lex should have had more public charisma. Him spazzing out at the Galla was annoying.
>We need clarity on if Clark pushing the dictator thru the 3 walls killed him or not.
>>
>>83426403
>Thor 2
>competently made

u wot
>>
>>83426145
Shitty writing all over, scrounging the plots of 2-3 movies into one, Lex Luthor in general, awful directing, Superman and Batman are both remorseless killers, movie as a whole is batwank.
>>
File: 1463540350277.jpg (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1463540350277.jpg
61KB, 500x500px
>comes out on home video three months after the theatrical release

The movie is dead. Bury it.
>>
>>83426396

>Killing classic character traits and replacing them with "muh dark serious"

Superfags are the worst.
>>
>>83424570
Because then you wouldn't "understand" Bruce wouldn't gotten mad after seeing Superman saving people.
>>
>>83426461
What was technically wrong about it? The editing was fine and the story, though slightly drab, made perfect sense.
>>
>>83426318
Bullshit.
Jesse Lex was a better villain then Malekith charaxization wise.
Ben as Bat was better then ANYTHING in ether or both films.
>>
>>83426479
So did Star Wars and Deadpool. Welcome to 2016 you dumbass.
>>
>>83426396
That's a personal preference of yours it didn't pander too not a technical flaw.
>>
>>83425697
>STILL falling for the Snyder trailer meme
Didn't you learn your lesson from Watchmen? Sucker Punch? Man of Steel?

The guy can edit a trailer together but can't direct a movie worth shit, it's about damn time you learned not to fall for the hype and stop giving him your shekels just because he can edit nice AMVs of his movies.
>>
>>83426506
They rewrote entire scenes during the middle of filming to add in more Loki because the movie was so trash.
>>
>>83426403
BVS was incompetently edited.
It was well made otherwise.
>>
>>83426489
This is more about Batman.

They never give any concrete reason why Batman started being more ruthless and stopped giving a shit about killing people (indirectly).

They should've put more emphasis on Robin being dead, because that would've been a bit understand to see why he went crazy.
>>
>>83426145
- poorly edited
- badly plotted
- character motivations are ill-defined at best
- dark, washed out color palette
- overly bloated with many scenes that contribute nothing to character or narrative
- childishly cynical
>>
>>83426396
Batman and Superman in this movie aren't fucking supposed to be the classic and iconic versions we all know and love. It's called character development and at the end of the movie they've completed their journeys. Clark moves FORWARD to embracing being a saviour of humanity. and Bruce moves BACJ to being the Batman who is no longer a criminal.

>Lex
Thank god we didn't get generic evil white businessman #52

>The absolute dogshit writing
???

>>83426451
>Clark not being communicative with the public as Superman seems regressive in character development.
He's uncomfortable with the public and their perception of him. They see him as a god but he's just Clark.

>Clark should have tried to reason with Bruce more.
Clark tries. Bruce doesn't let him. Also "Men like him don't understand words, but fists". Bruce was overtaken with rage and the hunt for Superman, he couldn't be reasoned with.

>Clark needed more happy scenes prior to the Senate explosion.
I admit there wasn't enough Clark and it looks like we're getting that in the Ultimate Cut. But thing is, Clark ISN'T happy during the events of BvS. He's under so much pressure and internal conflict.
>>
>>83416303
Luthor didn't hate aliens, he hated messianic figures because no one helped him when Lex was abusing him as a child.
>>
>>83426555
There is not a single thing bad about his direction in MOS outside of the Tornado scene.
>>
>>83426568
... those changes made it not trash. Loki is great. And you can only judge it by the released product. What was technically wrong about the movie I saw in theatres?
>>
>>83426584
See all the replies to this guy: >>83426145
>>
>>83426636
Snyder knows how to frame a shot, but he doesn't know how to tell a story to save his life.
>>
>>83426614
>badly plotted
Elaborate?
>dark, washed out color palette
That's a personal preference of yours it didn't pander too not a technical flaw. Some of his love the visual style.
>childishly cynical
Nothing childish about it.
The world fucking sucks period.
>>
>>83426589

>They never give any concrete reason why Batman started being more ruthless and stopped giving a shit about killing people (indirectly).

They did. They fucking did. Holy hell. Pretty much every scene with Alfred.

Bruce is old and tired. He feels that as if he didn't accomplished shit. He's on his last days and the sense of emptiness is overwhelming. He fears that Superman won't be able to maintain the charade for long and that he'll lose one day like Batman himself is losing now. So Batman decided to take Superman out before that. Batman is pretty much killing himself by Superman's hands. Since he's willing to kill Superman he pretty much gave up on his code and went about killing everything else on his path.

Everything i said is in the movie.
>>
>>83426636
Except for the monotone emotions from the film and the actors, yeah, everything was perfection.

Snyder is practically Smallville tier when it comes to anything short of framing.
>>
>>83426754
>Bruce is old and tired. He feels that as if he didn't accomplished shit. He's on his last days and the sense of emptiness is overwhelming. He fears that Superman won't be able to maintain the charade for long and that he'll lose one day like Batman himself is losing now. So Batman decided to take Superman out before that. Batman is pretty much killing himself by Superman's hands. Since he's willing to kill Superman he pretty much gave up on his code and went about killing everything else on his path.
It's amazing to me that anyone thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>83426710
Nothing fucking wrong with the storytelling in MOS.
>>
>>83426755
Sorry they weren't quiping and shoving sunshine up your ass faggot.
There is something called subtlety and some of us love it instead of bright exaggerated silly performances.
>>
File: Bruce Really Let Himself Go.gif (950KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Really Let Himself Go.gif
950KB, 450x300px
>>83412796
>it'll be good this time around
>>
>>83426786

It's an interesting take.
>>
>>83426786
Why isn't it?
>>
File: So Complex.png (958KB, 1280x540px) Image search: [Google]
So Complex.png
958KB, 1280x540px
>>83426823
>b-but marvel: the post
This is what you call subtly, right
>>
>>83426790
All of the flashbacks were out of order. They answered questions or addressed topics that weren't relevant to the movie anymore.
>>
>>83426748
>Elaborate?

The entire plot of the movie hinges on Batman not letting Superman clear up a simple misunderstanding.
Superman flies to Gotham to fight Batman, while Martha is IN Gotham being held hostage. So much for super senses.
Lex had Doomsday primed for release before he knew Batman would fail.
Why did Lex even kill the UN council?
What purpose did Superman's role in the movie even serve? He's a passive bystander for 90% of the movie.
What was the point of the extended nightmare sequence?
How did Flash invade Batman's dreams?
>>
>>83426877

>They answered questions or addressed topics that weren't relevant to the movie anymore.

That is a lie.
>>
>>83426849
No I was referring to the acting.
And that shot is like 2 minutes out of a 140 minute movie it's the definition of irrelevant.
>>
>>83426841
>>83426842
This universe's set up for Batman is just dumb to begin with.

You have a Batman who's old now, so most of his adventures are past him, meaning we won't get to see them. He's willing to kill now though, but for some reason, he won't kill his actual rogues gallery, such as The Joker. But he is willing to kill a man that he has no real business taking on because he MIGHT go rogue, versus the real threats out there, because he feels empty in life.

It's stupid.

Anyone that seriously thought shoehorning DKR into a Man of Steel sequel really deserves the crushing disappointment.
>>
>>83426145
>martha
also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTuyfQ5CR4Q
though personally, i would hold my absolute opinion after seeing the director's cut.
>>
>>83426892

>The entire plot of the movie hinges on Batman not letting Superman clear up a simple misunderstanding

Batman was already ready to kill Superman.

>Superman flies to Gotham to fight Batman, while Martha is IN Gotham being held hostage. So much for super senses

He has to know where to look for.

>Lex had Doomsday primed for release before he knew Batman would fail

Lex had no faith in Batman.

>Why did Lex even kill the UN council?

Lex wanted Superman ruined and killed. He didn't wanted to give Superman a chance to defend himself. He was against the hearing. He just wanted Superman in a spot so that he could kill him.

>What purpose did Superman's role in the movie even serve? He's a passive bystander for 90% of the movie

To show that man can be good.
>>
>>83426940

>You have a Batman who's old now, so most of his adventures are past him, meaning we won't get to see them

You can have movies set on the past where there are no meta-humans like Superman. This way the audience won't ask why Batman just call Superman to help him save Robin.

>He's willing to kill now though, but for some reason, he won't kill his actual rogues gallery, such as The Joker

Superman can destroy the world and Batman has no control over him.
>>
>>83426989
Honestly if you think the whole Martha thing was a flaw or make jokes about it then the problem is with you not the movie.
>>
>>83427077
>making a minor piece of comic book trivia into a crucial element of the plot
No, anon. The problem is you.

You enable all of Snyder's hackery.
>>
Six words, and the third act of BvS never would have happened. You wanna know what they are? Lex is making me fight you.
>>
>>83426892
- Jesse Eisenberg. SO much cringe.
- Superman not being able to hear a bomb in a completely silent room. It's honestly shocking how much Snyder's Superman fucking sucks.
>>
>>83427074
>Superman can destroy the world and Batman has no control over him.
And? What does that have to do with Batman having no remorse killing nameless grunts but not offing the Joker?
>>
>>83427166

Once he made the conscious decision to kill Superman the code was gone. If the Joker was around he'd have probably killed him.
>>
>>83427143

The movies established that Superman has to focus his super-senses, because he learned to shut them down. Superman also tried his hardest to ignore the wheelchair dude out of guilt and shame.
>>
>>83427141
How would that quell Bruce's thirst to take Superman down?

>>83427128
It pushes Bruce to realise the thing he's been hunting this entire time isn't an all powerful god, but a man, just like himself. Also do you really think someone like Bats wouldn't go fucking batshit crazy over the mention of his parents? Martha ties these two iconic characters together and facilitates their growth.
>>
Whatever, this movie is dumb and gay and I'd love to not remember it exists ever.
>>
>>83426555
I didn't pay to watch the movie
>>
>>83427344
>Whatever, this movie is dumb and gay and I'd love to not remember it exists ever.
you're dumb and gay and i'd love to not remember you exist ever
>>
>>83427143
I ask this question every time and never get an answer: what does a bomb sound like? The bomb in the wheelchair was most likely a device with a remote electrical trigger, which would basically "sound" like any other electrical wireless device, of which there were probably hundreds within his earshot.

I'm not sure why you people think there was some kind of Wile E. Coyote setup in that wheelchair with a ticking analog alarm clock from Acme.
>>
>>83421666
>WB crumbling away due to BvS
Yeah, keep being positive.
>>
>>83426790
It was too good. It makes movies that aren't as good less enjoyable.
>>
File: image.png (245KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
245KB, 750x1334px
>>83415661
I've screen capped those who knew the "kino" was going to be terrible.
>>
>>83427475
*tick* *tick* *tick* *tick* ALLAHU AKBAR

Why didn't Superman hear it? :^)
>>
>>83423198
>>83424494
Except >no one stays good forever.
Remember. It's not Bruce that says that.

This is the problem with the movie that nobody wants to address outside of crying about how terrible and silly "camp" is and insisting that all anyone wants is Marvelesque quips . The problem that there's not enough ideological contrast. It's not idealism versus cynicism, it's sad, passive cynicism versus active, violent cynicism.
>>
>>83424199
More like Naysayers confirmed right. Snyder thought THIS was okay to cut for the theatrical release, but more dream sequenes? Sure! Lingering for slow motion piss jar shots? Great!
>>
>>83425371
This is pretty much how I felt top to bottom.
>>
>>83428306

Here's something you need to understand about the movie: it is about men and our various phases of maturity.

Superman is a young man while Batman is an old man. They're both going through some of the same stuff.

Superman as a young man was trying to live up to his father's ideals but everything he tried to do backfired. So he wanted to secluded himself in his home with his girlfriend because that was familiar and safe. The thing is that his world, Lois, started to become a target also, and so he had to face his responsabilities and came to the conclusion that he can't escape from the outside world because that his world too. He can't escape from his responsabilities and problems.

Superman was also wrong when he said that.
>>
>>83412660
>4K Ultra Shit Edition
>>
>>83426748
>Nothing childish about it.
>The world fucking sucks period.
That's childish as fuck dude. The world has bad things, but it also has good things. Humanity has charity and kindness and a capability of being just as good as they are bad. You're not brilliant for being a pessimist; that kind of outlook is just as naive and myopic and yes, immature as thinking everything is roses. It's NOT. It's BOTH.
>>
>>83428366

>More like Naysayers confirmed right. Snyder thought THIS was okay to cut for the theatrical release, but more dream sequenes?

Snyder had no control over the teatrical release.
>>
File: BvS Maturity.png (251KB, 1880x614px) Image search: [Google]
BvS Maturity.png
251KB, 1880x614px
>>83426748
>Nothing childish about it.
>The world fucking sucks period.
I knew I saved this for a reason
>>
>>83415629
I kind of feel this way about Disney's Marvel. Im always excited because I like the characters but they make the blandest crap possible. I keep on getting fooled hoping for Winter Solider or Iron Man but its Thors all the way through.

Everyone was hyped for Civil War and then we saw how bad it was. Like embarrassing bad. People still claim to like it but I think they are just trolls (or chinks)
>>
>>83428456
>it is about men and our various phases of maturity.
Assuming I agree with that interpretation, and I'm certainly not saying I do, that's not necessarily a good fit for the characters. Like 90% of the appeal of a Batman/Superman team up is lost if you're not playing their complementary contrasts. Snyder didn't, because the Superman required for that contrast isn't "cool" enough.

I think it's telling that for all the times you guys cite TDKR or Byrnes or Miracleman or any of the other comic influences, the one that BvS shares a WHOLE lot of narrative points with is JLA: The Nail; the story where Superman flat out didn't exist until the last few pages.
>>
>>83428495
>Snyder had no control over the teatrical release.
Oh? Who locked him out of the editing room?
>>
>>83428623

But there were complementary contrasts between the three characters. WTF. I've no idea what your problem is.

The three characters are trying to live up to the images of their fathers, the three characters are feeling threatened by the existence of the others, the three characters are coming to blows for personal reasons and other complications, the three characters are united by the women in their lives.

I could go on and on about it.
>>
>>83428561
>snydershills seriously trying to say Civil War was bad
lmao
>>
>>83428306
"How many good men are there left, Alfred? How many stayed that way?"
I know that Superman was the one who said the "men don't stay good" line, but Batman and Wonder Woman both shared that sentiment.
>>
>>83413533
Unsolicited opinions about Israel?!
>>
File: Stop Invincible Kek.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
Stop Invincible Kek.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>83428514
>Everyone was hyped for Civil War and then we saw how bad it was. Like embarrassing bad.
>>
>>83428749

For huge swaths of audience, the movie was just sad guy versus grumpy guy. If you're unwilling to accept even the basic premise of darkness induced audience apathy then the conversation might as well end here.
>But there were complementary contrasts between the three characters. WTF.
You are in the minority in thinking this. I don't know how to tell you in a way that's easier to understand than that. The contrast of ideologies isn't strong enough to resonate because Clark isn't given much of one to begin with, You're just looking at that void and calling it "character development".
>>
>>83428561
The only troll here is you friend because Civil War was far from bad
>>
>>83427744
Charge your phone.
>>
>>83428845
Which is part of the problem. They've all got the same outlook, yet there's thematic contrast between them? They all agree that fallibility is a possibility, if not an outright inevitability, and yet we're supposed to just trust Superman because? Him being humanized is NOT a solution to the "He might turn bad" in a setting where humanity is defined almost exclusively by its fallibility and potential to turn bad at a moment's notice in the first place.

It's like how in Age of Apocalypse they just go "Oh well Magneto is redeemed! There's hope he can be turned good! and we're expected to forget he just killed a billion people. Here, we're supposed to forget the entire movie previous that says "People are shit and will turn shit" and think it's suddenly good that Clark is a person.
>>
BvS reminded my of an art project back in highschool. I was told to replicate a piece of art from a specific artist famous for his use of vibrant colours. I prefer monochrome art. So instead of replicating any number of his famous works, I found one single piece of monochrome art he had actually done, and copied that instead. My art teacher was not impressed and was annoyed that I technically did my assignment, but did it in a way that completely bypassed the point of doing it.

Snyder didn't want to make Superman films. So he made a film that is technically Superman, but isn't. He picked a portrayal that suited him and stuff the intent of the original goal.
>>
>>83428886

Then people are stupid. Superman didn't had a lot of scenes and those he had he didn't spoke much, but his character arc wasn't that complex and was different enough from Batman's. Everything i said about the connections are there plainly for the audience to pick up from.
>>
>>83425371
Because Snyder's movies are made to make trailers out of them.
>>
>>83426451
>We need clarity on if Clark pushing the dictator thru the 3 walls killed him or not.

>Superman bull rushed a squishy mortal through 3 walls while flying at Mach 1.

I think what we need actual clarity on is how much of a soup can they were able to fill his remains with to bury.
>>
>>83429018
Connections are not contrast. You're points are more evidence towards how homogeneous the characters are and insisting it's proof of their differences.
>>
I get the feeling this will come out, a fan will edit it down to cruical scenes, and that will be the most decent version of this trainwreck
>>
>>83426710
Honestly, they should have Snyder be the "visuals" guy when making a movie.

But keep him locked in the WB dungeons when they need the script written so he stays the fuck away from influencing the writing.
>>
>>83413533

GAZA MUST BURN
>>
>>83429143
Daily reminder he wrote the base script for Justice League, so its fucked anyway
>>
>>83429191
Could WB take control of the script? Like Zack can still direct and shoot the film, but the creative/storyboards decisions are up to another department? Then again, having a director shoot a film he has no interest in may lead to even worse results
>>
>>83428988

Batman thought that heroes died, because his father died fighting to protect his family.

He didn't see himself as a hero anymore because he was older than his father was and felt he didn't managed to change the outcome of the city he lives in. He didn't really protected anyone. Not really.
He also thought that Superman wasn't a hero because Superman was an indestructible and immortal alien.
For him they two weren't heroes. One day Superman would realize that, if he hadn't yet, and that realization could be an end of the world scenario. So he set out to kill Superman before that hoping to die along the way. You know, die like his father did. Die like a hero protecting others from the hypothetical threat of Superman.

But during the fight Superman wasn't really trying to kill him or anything. Superman was defending himself and, most importantly, his family. Superman was bleeding and was going to die defending his own family, his Martha, much like Batman's father did. That stopped Batman in his tracks. Batman finally started to see Superman both as a man and as a hero.

Meanwhile Superman who tried to run from the overwhelming problems of the world by hiding himself under Lois' wings came to the realization that there was a world out there, a world where his mother and Lois herself lived, a world that couldn't be ignored, and he owned up to his responsibilities sacrificing himself, thus dying a hero.
>>
>>83429001

Superman had numerous take over the years in comics changing wildly. Why can't the same happen in his movies?
>>
>>83429191
I'll add to that that if they couldn't manage to course correct in 3 years, they sure as fuck won't be able to in 1.

It's a studio problem, not a source material on or a creative people involved one.
>>
>>83429295
I honestly don't get why anyone wants him to direct. He doesn't know how to work with actors, in most cases he barely wants them to react to anything. That's why the vast majority of the performances in his movies come off as wooden.

He should have never been anything more than a cinematographer. He has a visual style when it comes to fights and dynamic blocking, but no sense of storytelling.
>>
Once I heard Justice League would have nightmares for each hero I had enough. Im tired of Snyder and his poor attempt at symbolism. Hes probably pissed no one like Sucker Punch and keeps trying to prove us wrong
>>
>>83429416
>Superman had numerous take over the years in comics changing wildly. Why can't the same happen in his movies?
You can have multiple takes of alternate universe Superman. But if you are going to build a Justice League film, you are not going to build it with an alternate take version of him. Because now the alternate Superman would create an alternate Jutice League, which means an entire alternate DC universe.
>>
>>83429466
Well his wife is a producer, so theres that. Hes locked for JL so we're fucked until then. Which I dont know how we can salvage post JL. Fuck, we should be excited for this........
>>
>>83429522

>alternate take

There were several main takes too. I remember a time during the 2000s where his origin kept changing.
>>
File: Why Does Anyone Watch Arrow.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Why Does Anyone Watch Arrow.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>83429568
Bro I'm right there with you. I've wanted a Justice League movie since I was a little kid and saw Superman The Animated Series.

But after BvS, as long is Snyder is around, I'll be avoiding this shit like pic related.
>>
>>83428931
I screen capped this months ago.
>>
>>83429650
To be fair, BvS had the best Bat fight choreography to date. So they're fine on that end.
>>
>>83429650
>yfw the Arrow choreographers think they deserved an Emmy nomination for this fight scene
>>
>>83429372
Yes. That is a purple summary of what happened.
It is still not indicative of thematic contrast.
>>
>>83429589
>There were several main takes too. I remember a time during the 2000s where his origin kept changing.
And yet, what IS the take that created the Justice League?

Your alternate take argument is all well and good, but we already know where it leads; Alternate take of damn well everything else to go with it. Like that universe where Superman was raised in the Soviet Union.
>>
>>83429730
They also were talking shit on Daredevil even though they admitted to never watching a single episode.
>>
>>83429761

>what IS the take that created the Justice League?

Several of them? Justice League origin also kept changing. From Wonder Woman as founder with Superman & Batman to Black Canary replacing her as a founder with Superman & Batman just being honorary members and so on.
>>
>>83429951
>Several of them? Justice League origin also kept changing. From Wonder Woman as founder with Superman & Batman to Black Canary replacing her as a founder with Superman & Batman just being honorary members and so on.
And the one we are getting in the upcoming film is what kind? The way it is going, it is going to be a hidden facility that would be considered a terror cell and a potential threat to world wide national security.
>>
Jean Malone is Vicki Vale

Superman's and Batman's reporter gfs debate
>>
>>83429761
>And yet, what IS the take that created the Justice League?

Let's look at BvS.
- The public is more cynical and opposed to the existence of superhumans.
- The media runs a smear campaign against superhumans.
- The poster child for this anti-superhuman sentiment is a man that's paralyzed, in a wheelchair, due to injuries he sustained during one fight between superhumans.
- Meanwhile in Gotham, Batman is increasingly violent due to the death of his sidekicks at the hands of the Joker. He's broken his no kill code, and gives no shits about collateral damage.
- United States Government wants to control superhumans.
- Lex Luthor, at first working with them, but then going rogue, combines human and kryptonian DNA to create a monster that the superhumans du jour band together to fight

That is the take Snyder used in BvS.
Sure. We should take it as an Elsewords.
You know what else was an Elseworlds? JLA: The Nail, which shares ALL those plot points I summarized, and just so happens to be a world without Superman story.

Snyder's Justice League universe is a universe without Superman in it.
>>
I'll say it again, making Cyborg a JL founder was a mistake. Im not saying he cant be on the JL, but it should really be a progression to that. And we all know why he now has a seat, lets not kid ourselves here. But the most annoying thing about his DCEU counterpart is that he may very well be piggybacking on Flash's film
>>
>>83430142

> And we all know why he now has a seat, lets not kid ourselves here.

So? Who gives a shit if he's there for diversity?

I actually have no idea why Hawkeye is on the Avengers in the movies, that doesn't stop him from being an entertaining character.
>>
>>83430336
I dont know it just seems rather forced is all. I mean hes basically just the bus for the JL.
>>
>>83430336
>I actually have no idea why Hawkeye is on the Avengers in the movies
He is the sane one. That is very much an important role.
>>
>>83430470

They figured out that out in Age of Ultron, but it took some time for them to define his role. It's clear Whedon didn't even know in the first one which is why he's mind-controlled for 85% of that movie.

>>83430444

>I dont know it just seems rather forced is all

He's the "tech" one.
>>
>>83430584
And here I thought that was Batmans shtick......
>>
>>83430612

>implying Batman isn't the plot armor one
>>
File: 1463528202293.jpg (315KB, 970x663px) Image search: [Google]
1463528202293.jpg
315KB, 970x663px
>>83412660
Boring movie has more scenes to bore me with cinematography porn and speech talk. Oh yeah sign me up.

>>83425082
If you wanna get bored then yeah I'd pirate it.
>>
>>83430727
>I have a short attention span and don't care about characters
>>
>>83430845
neither did the movie.
>>
>>83428988
>They've all got the same outlook, yet there's thematic contrast between them?
The difference stems from how they got they got to that point. Wonder Woman from a hundred years ago, Batman from
Robin's death and various betrayals, and Superman from what just happened to him in his interactions with Lex.

>They all agree that fallibility is a possibility, if not an outright inevitability, and yet we're supposed to just trust Superman because?
We trust him because of his actions. He is both powerful AND good. Batman believed that all the good men are either dead or became evil and that he was the last good man left (with Alfred of course.) Superman proves him wrong, the Martha scene makes him realize that HE is the one who is becoming evil by killing an innocent man, just like the man who killed his parents.

>Him being humanized is NOT a solution to the "He might turn bad" in a setting where humanity is defined almost exclusively by its fallibility and potential to turn bad at a moment's notice in the first place.
Batman's fears are quelled. He realizes he shouldn't follow the "1% chance" philosophy because it's wrong. Some people are just good.
>>
>>83430470
>He is the sane one. That is very much an important role.

Is Captain America not sane?
>>
>>83430896
but that's wrong
>>
>>83431111
>Is Captain America not sane?
In many ways, no. Civil War shows that he is a good man, but not a sane one.
>>
fuck man... it's the Synder cycle again.

Snyder movie disappoints me > Then new DC movie > Cast and trailer look alright >watch the movie and feel disappointed. REPEAT

I'm actually hyped for this and would even pay to watch in theaters. Why do i feel like this /co/?
>>
>>83430901
>Batman's fears are quelled. He realizes he shouldn't follow the "1% chance" philosophy because it's wrong. Some people are just good.
Then why did the Flash came from the future to warn that Superman would turn evil?
>>
File: nothematiccontrast.png (72KB, 225x972px) Image search: [Google]
nothematiccontrast.png
72KB, 225x972px
>>83430901
>Some people are just good.
Except no one stays good forever. You keep ignoring that whole "Superman is just as cynical as everyone else" thing, so fuck it. We'll use visual aids.
>>
>>83431321
>Why do i feel like this /co/?
Because you're an idiot. Most people touch fire once before realizing it burns, they don't touch it again because it's pretty unless they're fucking stupid. You are fucking stupid.
>>
>>83431321
Because you personify this
>>83415629

Don't fall for his bullshit next year, retard.
>>
>DCfags say the movie is 2deep4u
>nothing in the movie builds up to anything meaningful
>Lex goes on and on about absolute power corrupting absolutely, but nobody does anything to prove him wrong or right, there's never any threat of Superman turning into a dictator or killing everybody
>Batman and Superman are both hypocrites for hating the other for being violent when both of them are destructive assholes
>the whole question about whether or not superhero vigilantes should exist is brought up but never fleshed out
>ultimately the titular conflict is caused and solved by circumstance rather than being a clash of ideaologies
>>
>>83431328

There isn't that much contrast between the two characters in comics other than their cities.
>>
>>83431417
>>83415629

holy shit this is actually a thing
>>
>>83431465

>the movie shows that man can be good, not perfect, but good
>Lex was proven wrong
>Batman stopped being brutal
>is given a reason for why there must be heroes

You're wrong.
>>
File: MGS4 final boss.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
MGS4 final boss.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>83429650
Meanwhile, sixteen years ago, on a much lower budget, in Japan, on a kid's program.
>>
>>83431326
He was too soon. The vision is meant to signify future events that may occur if Batman messes up big time. Sure, if someone has a traumatic experience he may become unhinged, but as long as Batman doesn't murder Lois Lane, it won't happen. In fact, that would give an even BETTER reason not to worry.

>>83431328
>no one stays good forever
The point of the film is that this sentiment is wrong. You can stay good forever if you try really hard.

>You keep ignoring that whole "Superman is just as cynical as everyone else" thing
No. Superman was the full white version of yang at the beginning and GRADUALLY became the more grey version as the film went forward. Once it looked like he was about to go full yin, the Martha scene happens and Batman does a full 180. Then Superman has his scene with Lois and goes full white again. So the end of the movie, at the DAWN of Justice, both sides are sunny. Pretty nice, isn't it?
>>
>>83431710
>but as long as Batman doesn't murder Lois Lane, it won't happen.
Any number of people can murder Lois Lane. If that's all it takes then that Earth is doomed.
>>
>>83415902
>Only casuals remember the theatrical version of any movies.

Oh, you mean the public that matters?
Besides, the theatrical cut is still released on video and that's the cut most people will still watch. When it gets on tv? Theatrical cut. When it gets on Netflix? Theatrical cut.

Only masochist DC fans will watch the extended cut.
>>
>>83431538
Even Loeb writes them that thematic contrast, man.
>>
>>83431710
no, the point of the film is to start a cinematic universe and rake in the big bucks. nice try though
>>
>>83426451
Clark explicitly said "I didn't kill anyone" to Lois later regarding the incident.
>>
>>83431710
>No. Superman was the full white version of yang at the beginning and GRADUALLY became the more grey version as the film went forward.
No, he wasn't. He wasn't even that back in Man of Steel. You guys kept praising it as being "dark/serious/mature/smart/realistic/notcampy/notnaive". Don't puss out now.
>>
>>83431855

No, he don't. They're pretty much the same, they just live in different cities and have different quirks. Superman and Batman are different enough in BvS. You just don't want to accept that for some contrived reason because you want to hate the movie.
>>
>>83431892
Clark is capable of being wrong though.
>>
>>83431710
>No. Superman was the full white version of yang at the beginning and GRADUALLY became the more grey version as the film went forward.
Unless you mean him as an innocent baby and slowly getting corrupted by his adopted parents into being an asshole, then no.
>>
>>83431649
who cares about what man is when Man of Steel kept pointing out that Superman was an alien? mixed messaging much?
>>
>>83431898

Superman was white enough. Also, this discussion is goddamn idiot.
>>
>>83431649
Batman deciding not to murder Superman for no good reason does not constitute anybody learning something or Lex being proven wrong. If he had actually been talked down ideologically rather than just >Martha then it could have been meaningful, but instead they just teamed up because they had to go beat up a cave troll. And what reason is given for why there need to be heroes? Because there are villains? Villains that would have never been a problem if not for the presence and activity of the heroes?
>>
>>83431803
No. It has to specifically be Batman, because Superman says "YOU took her away from me." It's the same thing as your best friend killing your wife. If it was anyone but Batman, Superman would be in mourning since this isn't Injustice.

>>83431898
>you guys
You can't trace that back to me. I have my own opinions. Man of Steel is a darker universe, but the same Superman. It's not him who has changed, it's the people around him.
>>
>>83431972

You mean the alien that sided with the humans over his own kind? That alien? The alien that has a theme called "This Is My World"? That one?
>>
>>83432013

>Batman deciding not to murder Superman for no good reason does not constitute anybody learning something

You're a fucking moron. I'm done talking to you.
>>
>Batman V Superman Cinematographer Says Ultimate Cut Won’t Change Minds

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-ultimate-cut-response/

JUST
>>
Prove to me that Zack Snyder DOESN'T hate Superman.
>>
>>83432027
Pretty clearly the Knightmare scenario also involves Darkseid due to the presence of Parademons. I think Superman has likely been corrupted by Darkseid and this is what Batman needs to prevent.
>>
>>83432076
Nigga, he doesn't learn for shit. The change is completely arbitrary. He just can't handle his mommy issues when Clark nonsensically refers to his own mother by her first name.
>>
>>83432092
Well the film is pretty sympathetic to Superman as a guy trying to do the right thing but being constantly faced with impossible choices.
>>
>>83431938
>No, he don't. They're pretty much the same,
Read more comics. Specifially, go read the Loeb / Turner stuff. Loeb does a whole thing exploring their different fundamental outlooks that goes beyond "quirks and cities" with the dual narrative tracks. It shows the same situation, they experience it at the same time, but one views it through a lens of idealistic optimism and the other through pessimistic cynicism. THAT is contrast.

Just because you're ignorant of that doesn't suddenly make Snyder faithful. Hell, you can't even keep your argument straight. They're pretty much the same! But they're different though!

Be honest. Are you one of those surface level casuals that just goes "He flies and saved the planet! That's all there is to the character!"? Because that's not BAD. Just ignorant.
>>
>>83432027
>It's not him who has changed, it's the people around him.
Again.
"No one stays good forever".
I keep repeating the line because you don't seem to grasp how antithetical that is to the character and keep trying to make excuses for it.
>>
>>83432130
Literally seconds before that he says to Clark "You were never a god, you were never even a man." The MARTHA thing is about him recognising Clark humanity, which he'd been unable to do before. Because what Bruce had been doing the whole movie wasn't working, Alfred mentions this more than a few times. Saving Martha Kent, and stopping Doomsday is his chance to do something that matters, like he's wanted to do the whole movie.
>>
>>83432231
>"No one stays good forever"

That's not the actual line, the line is "Nothing stays good in this world." Which has an entirely different connotation.
>>
>>83432201

That's what i meant with quirks. In the movie Superman has a few moments with self doubt, that you keep hammering about as if it was his entire character in the movie, going on and on about a single line, while ignoring that Superman had a better outlook about things than Batman.
>>
>>83432232
See >>83414597
>>
>>83432231
He was proven wrong and changed his mind at the end of the movie. You can keep repeating that, but it won't make him believe it again. Fact is, Batman helped him stay good by saving his mother and preventing everyone from dying. Superman didn't have to become evil, and neither did Batman.
>>
>>83432092

He doesn't hate Superman, he just doesn't care about him. It's clear he only did Man of Steel to get his foot in the door and eventually direct Batman.

Which is why he directed a movie where Superman is walking symbolism with barely any character arc and Batman gets all the juicy emotional material, it's clear which character Snyder wants to engage with. Meanwhile he wrote a hypocritical and emotionally damaged Batman who still gets "badass" training sequences and fight scenes shot like The Raid, because Snyder can't keep his dick in his pants for five minutes even for a movie that's ostensibly about how broken Bruce is as a person.

Superman is a means to an end for him, which is exactly why Zack killed him off at the end of BvS. Get the whatever character out of the way and let his favourite toy create the Justice League.
>>
>>83432278

Forget it. He's obsessed about that line he came up with.
>>
>>83432283
>That's what i meant with quirks.
Fundamental core characterization isn't a "quirk" bro. It's the entire damn thing.

And no, they didn't sell Clark's outlook at fucking all. Because he's a footnote in the movie. A plot device for Lex and Bruce to react to. Hell did we ever get the count? Because I'm pretty sure Alfred has more lines than him.

You don't do a Clark that's crying and sad and dour 99% of the time and then say "oh but he's totally an optimist still!" That dog won't hunt.
>>
>>83432278
>That's not the actual line, the line is "Nothing stays good in this world." Which has an entirely different connotation.
That's even worse though. Because the entire point of Superman is that he sees the good in the world and considers it worth fighting for. For him to have that big a crisis of faith and yet he doesn't do a fucking thing in protest is passive to the point of being a MacGuffin.
>>
>>83432475
>For him to have that big a crisis of faith and yet he doesn't do a fucking thing in protest is passive to the point of being a MacGuffin.
>he doesn't do a fucking thing in protest

Well his mother's life is on the line. Even then he still tries to convince Bruce rather than kill him.
>>
>>83432626
>Well his mother's life is on the line.
I'm talking about BEFORE that.

>"Clark is sad because people are treating him like god!"
>Why doesn't he tell them to stop
>Because FUCK YOU that's why marveldrone! That's spoonfeeding! You just don't get it! It won't matter anyway!
>But the lack of an attempt characterizes him as passive and overly maudlin. Also kind of whiny as it's within his power to change his perception and he puts no effort into an attempt.
>YOU'RE JUST MAD THERE AREN'T QUIPS EVERY TEN SECONDS! CAPEKINO! IT'S TOO SMART FOR YOU!

over and over, ad infinitum.
>>
>>83412660
Buying it day of. I don't care if it's digital, it looks really really good.
>>
>>83432626
You know, it would have been easy for Superman to find his mother if he tried, but he didn't even do that. He has super speed, flight, x ray vision, and super senses. Hell, in the first movie, she even told him to concentrate on her voice. Why would he forget something that would calm him down and help him focus since he was a child? Are you telling me that I'm to believe that SUPERMAN is able to find and track down Lois from what is presumably half way around the world, but he can't even hear his own mother in a 30 block radius? Fuck off.
>>
>>83412931
>People already complained about too much action.
What
>>
File: oy vey.jpg (42KB, 491x491px) Image search: [Google]
oy vey.jpg
42KB, 491x491px
>>83432772
>>
File: 1463531132728.jpg (156KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1463531132728.jpg
156KB, 601x601px
>>83432772
>giving more money to Hack Snyder
Thread posts: 524
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.