[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would YOU make the DCEU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: BAtflack.jpg (146KB, 650x930px) Image search: [Google]
BAtflack.jpg
146KB, 650x930px
I mean, here's what I'd do:
>Superman movie, a Batman movie, and a Wonder Woman movie all being made at the same time.

>Have the three meet in a team-up called world's finest so they can establish relationships there

>Start making sequels and new movies to add roster for a JLA movie

>When those come out and the JLA movie's in the works, make "buddy cop" movies that also serve as origin stories for two characters that then team up (like Green Arrow and have it introduce Black Canary)

>Then JLA movie comes out, have a big bad like Darkseid or whatever

>Reboot through movie's equivalent of Infinite Crisis

>Make a few more movies and meet-ups between characters

>MAYBE cross-over with MCU, but only if a good profit can be ensured for WB and DC

>When done, reboot with that universe's equivalent to Infinite Crisis.

This is the frame work that I believe they should've done. All you have to do with this is add the overarching story between the films that make them shared (like Thanos and Infinity shit in MCU).
>>
>>83412268
Fuck the cinematic universe model, just make good movies about semi-obscure characters.
>>
>>83412268
im sorry but your idea is terrible

>lets make 1-2 movies per character and then reboot them!

Oh awesome so we get the same origin story every 8 years? fuck that
>>
Start by saying "Fuck movies". I don't care about movies. Give me good books.
>>
I just know that I'd have Starro as the villain of JL1. It could be amazing, and not just because it's their first villain in the books
>>
>>83412347
I mean, mainly reboot it after a good run, or stop altogether and wait for a while. I mean, it's not like it'd HAVE to reboot.

And as for one to two movies per character, I meant more like however many they're able to. It could be a trilogy or whatever.
>>
Read what Snyder and WB executives did from MoS and do the complete opposite.

You don't have to make a solo movie first then make an ensemble movie. The only reasons for it is so normies are more familiar with shit, and the ensemble makes more money.
>>
I would try to find someone who can do justice to this cynical, intellectual tone Snyder is grasping at and everyone wants to defend him for trying to pull off and not just copy Marvel.
>>
>>83412268
Basically use New Frontier as a framework, set everything in the 1940s-'50s. Superman and Wonder Woman get stand-alone origin movies. After that, I'm not sure. I'm really starting to see things from WB's point of view, eschewing origin movies for the sake of just getting to the big events people want to see anyway, unless you can specifically tie a characters origin into a big event of the world, skip it. I fucking hate origin movies.
>>
DC characters are best served in self contained stories
Marvel works well with the connected universe

batman and superman really have no business being together. It doesn't matter how much you try to skirt around it, batman really has nothing to offer superman outside of information support
>>
>>83412372
this tbqhwyf
>>
>>83412707
This

New Frontier is literally perfect as a starting point for DC. Bringing out the biggest of big bads in the first JL movie is retarded
>>
>>83412268
If you do this, casuals will immediately accuse you of copying Marvel.
>>
>>83412268
And then people would bitch and moan about it on /co/ because /co/ hates fun.
>>
Use all that budget for animated films and series instead, make series for all of the dc nation concepts, and aside from the animal man shorts an adult animal man series with 3 seasons , first season morrison run, second season delano run , and third season lemire run
>>
>>83412268
Make a two Superman films and then a Justice League film as a complete trilogy.

Have a Batman TV show running on Netflix or Amazon Prime alongside this; in some episodes he can meet League members.

Lex Luthor, rather than be the big villain of any of the films, is the villain throughout; first film could have Metallo as a villain, second Bizarro, third Brainiac or Legion of Doom (with a different name). Maybe even Brother Eye?

After that, just make good films about the characters.

The first film is very Superman focused, he's the first superhuman on Earth but it starts within his career. Pa and Ma still alive.

Second deals with the rise of more superhumans on Earth and how his arrival changed the world.

Justice League is about how proper supervillains are starting to appear, threats that no one hero could stand against.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.