[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was surprisingly not shit. I'm not sure why they decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

This was surprisingly not shit.

I'm not sure why they decided to move him out of vertigo into the new 52 when it had already been going for a few years though
>>
>>83236900
Apparently they realized that, despite the stated reason that Vertigo was where the graphic stories go, they still had Superboy-Prime ripping off arms in the main DCU.
>>
They had Constantine in Justice League Dark from the start, but wanted Hellblazer to reach 300 before they ended it.
>>
>>83236998
And what a ride.
>>
>>83236998
That makes sense elegant numbers are nice.

I was going to finish the original hellblazer series before I read any of this but then I realised I still had a couple hundred to go. I think I will read a volume of this then a couple volumes of the original.

Oh my download just finished let's see how the next 5 issues are.
>>
>>83237057
Well except for issue 13 fuck issue 13
>>
>>83237128
Hm second issue was great to smells like hellblazer.
>>
>>83237204
No, even that one.
>>
>>83236962
SB-P then jobbed in every other appearance
he could of been the most fun thing ever

and Constantine fans are the worst
the book is alright
but the original series isn't that spectacular to begin with
like most of the issues were alright or boring
maybe like 60 great ones total
the movie was an entertaining elseworlds
the tv show was interesting even though he wasn't chainsmoking
why do fans romanticize him so fucking much?
>>
>>83237622
I can understand not liking constantine it's pretty shit taste but I can understand it but I have never seen much wrong with the fanbase they seem mostly alright to me.
>>
>>83237339
My first major complaint about this run is zatanna lives in an apartment now
>>
>>83237622
Because we're fucking miserable and we'd love to add a bit of magic it.
>>
>>83237738
Tell us all about this "taste" you obviously have.
>>
>>83237738
they are just insufferable and ungrateful
dude's got 300 og issues, featured in JLD and Injustice, a new series, a movie, a tv show and an appearance on another
fuck, it's like not even top 10 vertigo series
and nobody really liked it back in the day
>>
>>83237911
Anon if the worst you have to worry about from a fanbase is them calling your taste shit because you don't like there thing while they simultaneously say they can understand not liking it you have no reason to be concerned.
>>
>>83237971
I'm not sure what your first sentence has to do with the rest of the post.

Are you saying we are always clamoring for more because I really don't see that.
>>
>>83238033
basically and say everything he's in is shit and hate it until it's cancelled and then praise it
or now saying the movie was cool when fags would diss it for years
or not watching the show until it was cancelled, saying it's shit the entire time and then wanting the actor in movies and more appearances
and not buying JLD, even though Amethyst was badass in it
and complaining about his new series throughout it

what more could you guys want?
I just want a fucking repriting of Shade
>>
>>83238158
Shadefags do seem to get shafted a lot yeah
>>
>>83238229
Also amethysts stuff was great

I do agree though I don't see why people hated justice league dark so much it had its flaws but it was still pretty good.
>>
>>83238158

anon, go to bed you're drunk.
>>
>>83237984
>>
>>83238250
Amethyst was the real gem of the new52

>>83238313
anon, stop pretending your a Johnfag, your just a fag
>>
>>83238344
Yeah looking back on what I wrote it does read like I was having a stroke your right.
>>
>>83237204
Is that the one where he's the father of a two headed seal baby?
>>
>>83238681
No it's the one where he's on a beach and he dreams there's nuclear armegadon

Nothing in particular stood out as incredibly bad you just come out of the issue felling like you wasted your time and money
>>
>>83238978
Wait your right it features a 2 headed seal baby
>>
>>83237759
I'm not a fan of issue 7 so far but I have never been a fan of power theft stuff the only good one was issue 5 of this very comic
>>
>>83239326
The injustice league shit really fucked the pacing on this more then any other new 52 comic I have read.

I guess that's because it combines the jld and Constantine's own parts in that event as well as the point it it all stoped at really needing to be addressed imediently.
>>
One thing I like about the this is John knows a knife summoning spell.

I know his talents lie mostly in location divination and plane shifting but I aways thought it was a bit silly he dident know a knife summoning spell.
>>
>>83238229
>>83238158
Well Shade is getting a new series/spin-off as part of Young Animal so they're not entirely out of luck.
>>
I'm not a fan of the artist change in issue 14 it's mostly fine but John's fucking chin just looks wrong.
>>
>>83240084
They talking about London and Newcastle lot not even sure what happened in London must be at some point after what I'm up to in hellblazer.

Thankfully it looks like the artist change was just for 14
>>
It's surprising how much they focus on the Magic has costs stuff not that I mind but it's some of the heaviest focus I have ever seen.
>>
Oh they acknowledged that the stuff in his own mind made him 4th degree
>>
>>83240908
No wait I'm retarded that would be the shit that just happened
>>
Dident stay canceled for long
>>
>>83236900
Surely you jest, that was awful. Now this one was actually good...too bad it's ending.
>>
>>83241071
My expectations were in the dirt it wasent hard to be impressed.
I'm about to read some of that though this is one of those dc you titles right
>>
>>83241150
Wait what why did he kill her what did he get out of it.

Maybe the full issue will make more sense then this preview
>>
>>83241195
Hm returning to the ghost followers interesting
>>
>>83241275
Ok one problem since when is John bisexual.
>>
>>83241341
Honestly I don't hate this as much as I should but it's not sending me into the rage you would expect

Certainly not traditional constantine in general but it's close enough that this new stuff is enjoyable

Well except for the aforementioned gay shit.
>>
>>83241040
New 52 Constantine was not included in DC's original list of comics that would be cancelled in March 2015. Its replacement was Constantine The Hellblazer (DCYou). Which in turn will be replaced by The Hellblazer. Pottery?
>>
>>83241434
No, pure incompetence.
>>
>>83241391
Hm seems like they just made him into dudes because they wanted this specific love intrests for him that dident work as a female.
I can respect that
>>
Not shit? It was a extremely shitty book that decided to retcon the character origin and turn him into Dean Winchester.
>>
>>83237759

What about Zatanna being John's bitch who's constantly used and abused by him?
>>
>>83238158

>and not buying JLD, even though Amethyst was badass in it

JLD was an awful book and Nu52 Amethyst was terrible. Seriously, it was shit. I'll never understand why some people liked Nu52 Amethyst. It was generic and boring.
>>
>>83238250
>>83238582

What was good about Amethyst you fuckers?
>>
>>83236900
Some parts were good but it's really dissapointing when you compare it to Hellblazer. The part where he steals Shazams powers was fucking lame
>>
>>83242657
It would be nice if they rebooted Amethyst for Rebirth.
>>
>>83242748

I hope so. Amethyst had none of the world-building or charm of the original. Even the DC Nation short was leagues better.
>>
>>83241341
He's always been bisexual though. Or at least since Ennis had his go.
>>
>>83242834
Hm well I am only about 70 issues into the original.
>>
>>83242770
Annoyingly there's none of the original on comiXology I should ask those win o pirates if they have some
>>
>>83242770
Marx basically got the job on nepotism anyways (she and Didio are friends from his days with ABC and Mainframe).
>>
File: DELETE.jpg (17KB, 287x218px) Image search: [Google]
DELETE.jpg
17KB, 287x218px
>>83242217
>>83241391
>>83241341

ITT: People who've never read a John Constantine comic

Dude's been sucking dicks since Sid Vicious had veins.
>>
>Hellblazer is shit
>New 52 Constantine is good
>It's weird that John's bisexual

Whew, sure is some shit taste in here.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.