[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think we all owe this guy an apology He might be a grumpy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: 4548709-7268462257-36979.jpg (2MB, 1928x2660px) Image search: [Google]
4548709-7268462257-36979.jpg
2MB, 1928x2660px
I think we all owe this guy an apology

He might be a grumpy, racist, chauvinist, bullying jerk who got Peter Parker killed, but at least he's not a Nazi
>>
>>83209118
That's not Nick Fury.
>>
File: cap_at_a_loss.png (231KB, 992x289px) Image search: [Google]
cap_at_a_loss.png
231KB, 992x289px
>>
File: Ultimate_Spider-Man_157_panel.jpg (466KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_Spider-Man_157_panel.jpg
466KB, 800x1000px
>>83209125
????
>>
File: Ultimates 2 008-010.jpg (593KB, 1088x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimates 2 008-010.jpg
593KB, 1088x1650px
It's weird, I think I unintentionally skipped all the stuff where Ultimate Cap was especially horrible, so I've always been fairly fond of him. He's like some wimpy kid trying to play John Wayne, and that's oddly charming.

Have a moment of vulnerability from the macho bastard.
>>
>>83209118
Wait, how did he get Peter killed? Also Sam Wilson is more racist than Steve Rogers, he attacked white men for trying to turn back illegal immigrants.
>>
>>83209118

Is Hydra still Nazi n 616?

I thought they were just using Nazis for their cause or was that only MCU
>>
>>83209286
Man, the status of Hydra in the comics is way more complex than it should be, but currently Red Skull controls them so they're just nazis
>>
>>83209118
RIP best cap.
>>
>>83209286
>>83209343
Hyrda and Leviathan were both modern revivals of order of the S.P.E.A.R. an ancient organization that was the Eastern counterpart to that of the order of the S.H.I.E.L.D. in the west. The turmoil in Europe leading up to WWII served as the catalyst for this revival with the Nazi Party providing the ideal incubation chamber for Hydra while communist Russia did the same for Leviathan.

Unlike the order of the SPEAR the order of the SHIELD had never died out and still continued on as a secretly society in Europe before transitioning into the global peace keeping organization S.H.I.E.L.D. following WWII.

It should also be noted that the order of the SPEAR was formally resurrected (apart from Hydra and Leviathan) recently by China as the organization S.P.E.A.R. as their answer to S.H.I.E.L.D. of the West.
>>
>>83211244
Where the fuck is SHIELD 5 and 6.

They were suppose to be out last year.
>>
>>83211402
weren't they released in the trade of S.H.I.E.L.D. vol.2?
>>
>>83209257

I'm in the same boat as this anon I think. I know the thing about DO YOU THINK THIS A STAND FOR FRANCE because it gets thrown out a lot as a single panel but what else did he do?

I (vaguely, it was a while ago) remember Ultimates v1 and 2 which at the time I thought did a fairly cool thing; that Captain American WOULD be a bit of a jerk since he was from the 1940s and back then even progressives would have certain mindsets, and adjusting to the modern day WOULD probably make a dude like that fairly prickly. Did he eventually just turn into a huge jackass?
>>
>>83211539
Basically, once Ultimates 3 came out it all went to shit and the characters just started being written as '616, if they were assholes'.
>>
>>83209118
I find it difficult to take the Nazi thing seriously anyway.

This morning after breakfast I will take a leisurely shit because it's my day off and I have that luxury today.
By the time I am done taking a shit, Cap will not be a Nazi anymore. Instead he'll be an alien, a clone, a woman, Sam Wilson, Bucky, gay, a lesbian woman, a Muslim, Isaiah Bradly, or all of the above.

Whichever Marvel thinks will boost sales and make guys like you click on clickbait for the time it takes me to finish my leisurely shit.
>>
>>83211488
There's not a trade of S.H.I.E.L.D. vol.2, because it hasn't been finished yet.

I'm talking Hickman/Weaver's run
>>
File: p7_16+copy.jpg (424KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
p7_16+copy.jpg
424KB, 1000x1537px
FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK ULTIMATE CAP IS NOT MOTHER FUCKING RACIST!!!

There is a ENTIRE fucking annual with him & Falcon that heavily shows his experience with Blacks and shows him being sympathetic to black soldiers in the 40s & him referring to the blacks that Zola experimented on as "your betters" to Zola himself.

His talking down to the French is faint Jingoism not racism.

And he isn't even that Jingoistic, he is the first to demand the Ultimates stop working under Shield's direction.
He strongly praised Russian soldiers in Ultimate Nightmare.
He calls Nick out on the overprepping for war that sets the war into motion in Ultimate six. See pic related.

And him not wanting Wasp to cheat on him makes him a chauvinist? Are you fucking serious?

And who did he bully? Banner who had just intentionally set the hulk loose to kill or EAT EIGHT HUNDRED PEOPLE?
Hank Pym who was a cronic wife beater who almost murdered her days before?

OP YOUR FULL OF SHIT!
>>
>>83211539
Ultimates vol 3 was when Millar turned into his Final Form.
>>
>>83211599
This. Until Ultimate turned into the jerk universe, Ultimate Cap was only a bad person if you compared him to his 616 equivalent, who was basically a saint.
>>
Remember that time when Cap was a Deathlok?

Remember that time when Cap was a Werewolf?

Remember when Cap renounced the United States and became Nomad?

Remember that time when Cap became Spider King?

Remember that time when Cap was awakened in 2099 and turned into a drug addicted psychopath to run against Dr. Doom for President?
>>
>>83211593
I feel like the next logical thing is for every comic to begin actively insulting the reader by having characters break the fourth wall once or twice per issue.

Imagine it; after Cap is no longer a Nazi, the next arc begins with him turning to face the reader in a splash page and just saying
>"Good work soldier! You bought this book like the obiediant little faggot you are. It's probably even on your pull list. You're going to talk about it online too and boost my circulation through the roof and I can repeat this speech to every little bitch who sees this page, all because of you. I am in fact insulting you in this very page but you will STILL do it. You're probably not even going to drop me from the pull list even, maybe pick up the trade when it comes out too if you're into that."

And then that's it.
That's the issue, it ends in that page.
The hype generated would be enormous, the rage overwhelming, the amount of web traffic and attention drawn would be huge, and Marvel would thrive off the controversy and anger and increased sales.
>>
>>83211564
>>83211603

Yeah vol 3 was where I dropped Ultimates. I think the change from vol 2 to vol 3 was the first time I really started caring about writer credits rather than basing purchasing decisions on what character was inside, because that switch wasn't so much "this is going in a slightly different direction" as "this is an entirely different thing painted to look like the old thing".

Was there any kind of behind-the-scenes drama behind that? The shift seemed too insane to just be Loeb wanting to go a different direction from Millar.
>>
>>83211603
Nice try, Loeb, but I know that's you.
>>
>>83211642
But he was never a bad person at any point in the universe.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 420x645px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 420x645px
>>83211673
>Remember that time when Cap was a Werewolf?

Aaaah CapWolf.
What a glorious time.
>>
>>83211716

FOUR-WAY BATTLE ROYAL

CAPTAIN WOLFMERICA CABLEWOLF WOLFERINE AND LADYWOLF

LORD OF THE WOLVES

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
>>
>>83211782
That's Feral from X-Force.
I think. I dunno, there were a lot of those guys running around during that period.
>>
File: kek.gif (2MB, 350x196px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2MB, 350x196px
>>83211716
>that mini wolverine
>>
>>83211696
Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum came soon after Loeb lost his son to cancer, which made him go a bit crazy, not to mention no one wanted to criticize his work too harshly or tell him to take a break because again, he had a dead kid.

Add in on top of that he didn't really read any of the Ultimate comics before working on them, so he just assumed that the continuity was 'edgy 616' and ran with it.

And that's how we got Blob eating Wasp.
>>
When is Ulti-Mate doing Ultimates?

>>83211824
>the continuity was 'edgy 616'
That's not wrong
>>
>>83211817
That's not a mini Wolverine. He's normally that short.
>>
>CAPTAIN AMERICA AS LORD OF THE WOLF
>>
>>83211244

What does S.P.E.A.R. stand for?
>>
>>83209283
What does that have to do with racism?
>>
Give me some Ultimate Cap recommendations.
>>
>>83212427
Read the first two volumes of The Ultimates.
Don't read the third volume of the Ultimates.
Maybe read the first volume of Ultimate Comics Avengers.
>>
Can we all agree that Ultimate Tony and Thor were bros?
>>
>>83212427
>>
>>83211244
And in Captain America #1 or whatever the one before this outrage was, Captain equates Hydra to an ideological war. Basically he turned them into ISIS/Boko Haram/whatever. He separated them from the Nazi origin and called them ideologs who recruit people young with all the tactics religious extremists use. Don't know how I feel about that new Hydra, but it does fit the name. Stomp out one branch like ISIS and two more seem to pop up.
>>
>>83209118
>who got Peter Parker killed

HE didn't ask peter to swing past the punisher several hundred meters just so he could take the bullet with his gut. Peter's death was fucking stupid.
>>
File: hail hydra.png (54KB, 211x208px) Image search: [Google]
hail hydra.png
54KB, 211x208px
>>83209118
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.