[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Insider: Nick Spencer Fucked Up Good Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 409
Thread images: 50

File: Nick Spencer.jpg (132KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
Nick Spencer.jpg
132KB, 1200x803px
For anyone who cares, it should be stated now, but Nick Spencer has committed career suicide.

Disney is pretty much angry as hell that Marvel published the "Captain America is always a Hydra Agent" story. The story was done without their knowledge and the backlash and it's implications, have already bore fruit that will make it not last if not outright retconned.

Brevoort is currently trying to white night Nick Spencer (who has threatened to go to DC if he's not allowed to make Captain America his personal SJW soap box) to Disney for the sake of keeping him out of DC's hands. But internally, it's gotten to the point that most expect Spence to be gone from the company, if not outright blacklisted from Marvel, by the end of the year.

Part of the reason is Chris Evans, who has not been thrilled with the reveal and in the last couple of days, been giving Disney an earful about how dare they do something like that to the character. Evans has a love-hate relationship with the Captain America character: he took the role solely because Disney offered to get him work as a director after his initial contract expired, but the overwhelming fan response, especially amongst kids, has caused Evans to extend his run with the character and generally speaking, be a bit protective of the role (to the point that the bit in Avengers 2 where he chides Tony Stark for cursing was a reference to Evans' desire to preserve the kid friendly image of the Avengers to young fans).
>>
>>83205699
This sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>83205699
I'd rather he stay away from DC. They're just starting to not suck again. They don't need this sjw hack ruining their company.
>>
>>83205699
Bullshit, Marvel loves doing controversial bullshit
>>
>>83205752
It does. Except for the last part about Chris Evans, it's really endearing.
>>
>>83205699

>who has threatened to go to DC if

Here's where OP fucked up. Spencer's been throwing shade at DC for months
>>
>>83205699
That's all false, what's true is that you need to work on your spelling.
>>
You know, OP, if you actually did your research, you'd know Spencer fucking hates DC for cancelling his Supergirl and Young Justice. Why the fuck would he ever go back to them when he could just stick with creator-owned books?

>there are people on /co/ right now who are going to believe this shit
>>
>>83205699
>that will make it not last if not outright retconned
I am 100% certain he went into this story with the intention that it was not going to be a permanent lasting change

has anybody on the whole fucking internet never read serial superhero comics fiction before? christ
>>
>>83205820
Nah, it's easy bait, nobody will fall for it.

On to page 10!
>>
>>83205787
This. Anyone who's seriously reacting to this hasn't paid much attention to Marvel for the last decade.

The worst part about it is when this story concludes and Steve is made un-HYDRA, people are going to think their complaining and hashtags actually had some matter in the story's resolution.
>>
>>83205699
>No link
>No source
>No evidence
Eat shit and die
>>
>>Continued
This entire debacle has been a culmination of sorts to problems people have had towards Spencer and his Captain America run internally at Marvel. His recent Serpent Society run, which had some rather negative comments made about Diamondback, drew criticism from Mark Gruenwald's widow that never made public. It's one of the reasons why Rachel was given a last minute redemption arc as the plan was in the beginning to have her carted off to jail with the rest of the group. The story was leaked to Catherine Gruenwald, who then called Tom Brevoort up and gave him an earful, accusing him of letting Spencer shit on her husband and his work on the title.

Jack Flagg is dead (though for different reasons; he's dead because he was closely associated with the DnA Guardians and Marvel was tired of people asking where he was, so Spencer offered to kill him off).

Still, this has had some major consequences with Marvel and Spencer, who's made it repeatedly clear that if he is not allowed to use his book as a soap box, he will go to DC.

Brevoort wants to keep him happy but at the same time, knows that Spencer is a time bomb that has finally gone off. Marvel tacitly knows that the country is moving away from SJW types but has to keep a select number of SJW kool aid drinking big named writers happy. Hence why Jane Foster is still Thor and why Falcon still gets the main Captain America book and why Marvel has flat out threatened to blacklist ANY writer from ever working at Marvel again if they say anything negative about Bendis making Iceman gay.

That said, the upcoming Americop arc has undergone some major rewrites because Spencer went too far even for the permissive Brevoort. The original story planned was obscenely anti-police and had to be toned down and even now, there is pressure to make more changes to neuter it.

Spencer doesn't like this at all but was letting it happen in exchange for being allowed to retcon Steve Rogers into being a Nazi/Hydra member.
>>
File: Marvelpocalypse Now.jpg (897KB, 1444x1097px) Image search: [Google]
Marvelpocalypse Now.jpg
897KB, 1444x1097px
>>83205699
Bullshit, they've been doing this for years.
>>
>fucking up Cap instead of continuing Bedlam

You had one job, Nick Spencer
>>
>>83205768
>Spencer
>SJW
This word has officially lost all meaning. I know too much time on 4chan has convinced you otherwise, but being a democrat doesn't instantly make you an SJW. Nearly half the country isn't made up of SJWs. The term loses all meaning when you start using it to describe literally anyone whose beliefs you don't agree with or you assume you don't agree with despite not actually knowing them.
>>
>>83205922
Says the SJW.
>>
>>83205699

>he thinks Disney gives a shit about the comics

They just wanted the characters
>>
>>83205896
Currently there plan is to rush the story to an end by this fall/use the mind control angle to explain it away, though Brevoort and Spencer want to drag it out further. However, internally, many have pointed out to the damage that Superior Spider-Man did to that brand to try and stop it.

But the biggest push to abort the storyline as soon as possible, is coming from Disney itself. Disney has spent the last two days desperately trying to calm Evans down and keep him from making a formal denouncement of it (same with Stan Lee, who told Brevoort not to do it when Brevoort told him about the plan a week ago).

Expect this to go away sooner than later; Brevoort will fight for it hard to stay but if push came to shove, Brevoort will sacrifice Spencer to save his own ass.
>>
Go to bed, Gabby. Your golem is dead.
>>
>>Continued
No one else, not even Brevoort, knows this, but Spencer has also joined up with several other people at Marvel, including Al Ewing and Gerry Duggan, in a group led by Kevin Feige. They plan to launch a coup to take control of Marvel from Ike Perlmutter; exactly a week from today, Feige and his supporters will barge into the Marvel offices and gun down Perlmutter and his allies in cold blood. Spencer will then be able to make Cap a Nazi in peace.

The claim will be made that this was the act of terrorists, but there are those who will know the truth...
>>
>>83205820
Spencer was secretly approached by DC in the build-up for DC Rebirth. He was offered several high profile books (Suicide Squad, Legion of the Super-Heroes, and a Batman villains title, with a pledge that he would be granted access to basically all of the A-List villains, including Joker) but turned them down when Marvel agreed to let him keep Falcon as Captain America/let him pitch his Hydra Cap storyline.
>>
Fake Marvel Insider, your writing style is terrible. Nothing you write ever sounds remotely believable no matter how many times you try this crap.
>>
>>83205981
You're entire story is fake as fuck.

>damada that Superior Spider-Man did to that brand

Superior Spider-Man brought in 20k to 30k new readers as confirmed by Slott TODAY you fucking moron.
>>
>>83205990
Hail Hydra
>>
Is this same dumbass who once tried to claim Adam Warlock was Rabum Alal?
>>
>>83205699
I'll take 'shit that didn't happen' for 500 alex.
>>
How soon until Bleedingcool article based on this thread?

hi Rich
>>
>>83206094
Daily Double
>>
>>83205699
>The story was done without their knowledge and the backlash and it's implications, have already bore fruit that will make it not last if not outright retconned.
It was never going to last, and this sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>83205699
is this from that comic news parody site?
>>
>>83206045
yeah and Slott continues his writing style of 'take idea that's good for 2-6 issues and then drag it out till everyone is sick of hearing of it." SSM brought in new readers but Slott is losing them pretty steadily by being predictable and just plain inept.
>>
>>83206127
It's doubly bullshit because disney doesn't manage Marvel or their Star Wars licenses. They have entire divisions for that shit and they leave that to the people in charge of those. They won't give a fuck unless either of those groups somehow loses their market share in a weird drastic move.
>>
Why does anyone care? It's a standard comic book fake-out cliffhanger, it will go back to normal next issue.
>>
>>83206223
>SSM brought in new readers but Slott is losing them pretty steadily by being predictable and just plain inept.
I agree cuz this is spot on for me. Then Spider-verse happened and I tapped out. Still mad they killed mahvel vs capcum spidey
>>
>>83206113
Depends on how much traffic his Captain America is a Nazi articles are getting and him being desperate for more hits
>>
>>83206564
>>83206113

Given that Rich has run a near 10 year embargo on any story critical of Brand New Day, I can see him possibly embargoing Nazi Cap stories as a favor to Marvel to try and silence criticism
>>
>Criticize DC for dark edgy grimdark issues.
>Writes a comic that has an edgy reveal.
>Now pisses off comic critics because they said that they can't review a comic until the full story is out.

I fucking love this.
>>
>>83206544
also that, depending on fan rage too much. Spiderverse was a 'clever' subversion of celebratory extravaganza's that revel in a character's long history.

By trying to piss off long term spidey fans by killing increasingly obscure spidermen off.

with steampunk vampires.

What the fuck happened to quality control?
>>
>>83206113
Hi. No article from my good self. Yet. I have my own sources. Cheers.
>>
>>83206644
>Spiderverse was a 'clever' subversion of celebratory extravaganza's that revel in a character's long history.
YEAH JAPANESE SUPAIDAHMAN!
>By trying to piss off long term spidey fans by killing increasingly obscure spidermen off.
His mecha got fucking on shotted by his OC? Silk, slotts waifu, is the key?HE KILLED KAINE? FUCK YOU SLOTT
>>
>>83206682

rich'd sign his name. but he did call it, this totally eclipsed rebirth
>>
File: comic canons.jpg (104KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
comic canons.jpg
104KB, 500x489px
>>83205699
>>
>>83206715
My name is implicitly mentioned above, thus I flet no need.
Cheers
Rich.
>>
>>83205699
>have already bore fruit that will make it not last if not outright retconned.
No shit
>>
>>83206690
what was even up with that? I wouldn't have been angry about Leopardon losing, it's a giant robot, rip it's arms. Have a tense scene where Supaidaman pilots an increasingly torn up giant robo etc etc.

but no Slott's steampunk vampires one shot it. Why would you consider this good writing?
>>
>>83206644
To be fair, Spiderverse was one of the rare examples of Marvel telling Slott "NO!!!!"

The story was originally supposed to run in Superior Spider-man around #20-26 and have Otto as the main Spidey and the "humor" of NONE of the alt earth Spideys knowing that Otto had killed the Prime Earth Spidey and stolen his body and basically constantly bragging about how he "defeated" Morlan in the past.

By this point, fans were so fucking pissed at Marvel for Superior Spider-Man, that Brevoort basically told Slot "We will not let you do this story unless the real Peter Parker is the star" and wouldn't budge one bit whasoever on it.
>>
>>83206803
Yeah I heard about that. He got vetoed and we got Superior Venom arc instead.
>>
>>83206803
Even so Slott churlishly shat all over the non Otto spidermen a whole lot and made Peter look like a tool in more than a few places. If he wanted Spock to have any longevity as a character he fucked up. Everyone is sick of Spock and that storyline is gonna be tainted for quite some time.
>>
>>83205922
A point of clarification. Does Spenser get into fights with retards constantly, try to get conservative writers and artist fired, or anything like that? Because if he's just got opinions like the leftist equivalent of the westborough baptist church, but isn't geting in to retard slapfights, then he's just an ultraliberal, and not an actual SJW, I think.
>>
>>83205922

Ha, you think the term SJW has meaning..

Ha!
>>
so much made up shit in this thread. What makes you guys thing Nick Spencer is an importent writer to Marvel and DC? I also doubt Disney cares about anything Marvel comics publishes
>>
>>83205896
>Marvel has flat out threatened to blacklist ANY writer from ever working at Marvel again if they say anything negative about Bendis making Iceman gay.
Who's doing that?
>>
>>83205699
Maybe I'm off my hinges, but I believe ya.
>>
>>83205699
>who has threatened to go to DC
At least know what you're talking about when you spout this bullshit.
>>
>>83205699
The one thing that is keeping me from crying bullshit is that I know how protective Disney is when it comes to their brands. Remember this is the company that is almost solely responsible for the infinity+1 years of copyright laws we have today.
Disney is operating on a much larger level than Marvel, and now that they've seen the value in the brand and characters, its very likely that some suits might start getting ancy when Marvel does its usual fan-antagonizing antics.
>>
>>83207250
>Does Spenser get into fights with retards constantly
Yes

>try to get conservative writers and artist fired, or anything like that?
No

>Because if he's just got opinions like the leftist equivalent of the westborough baptist church, but isn't geting in to retard slapfights, then he's just an ultraliberal, and not an actual SJW, I think.

Eh I wouldn't call him an ultraliberal either since he is often shitting on Bernie Sanders and his supporters and has expressed a dislike against people who hold extreme leftists views.

He's a former politician, a Democrat, and a Hillary supporter so he is a leftist at least.
>>
File: 1464332581940.jpg (54KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464332581940.jpg
54KB, 480x480px
Normies not just us autists are making fun of it after just a day. It's that much of a fuck up. Yeah Spencer is boned.
>>
>>83207513
At least wait for that thread to 404 before you post it elsewhere
>>
>>83207374
The guy who wrote the Astonishing X-Men story where Iceman opines about all the women he's fucked over the years recently gave a very stilled, gun at the back of his head style "I wrote the story totally 100% with the eye towards Bobby being a closet case" response, that made people ask out loud if Marvel is threatening people who wrote Iceman in the past, to prevent them from criticizing the "Iceman is gay" storyline.

>>83207418
I'm sure DC would love to get Spencer back. And even if Spencer would never actually go back to them, I'm sure he would use the threat to force Marvel to let him have freedom from editors by threatening to bail
>>
>>83207472
>He's a former politician, a Democrat, and a Hillary supporter
So he's center-right then...
>>
>>83207543
In the US, that's far left
>>
>>83207565

It's solidly centerist. Only batshit crazy Freepers think a Hilary supporting Democrat is far left.
>>
Deeper marvel insider here.

We told OP these lies as a joke.
>>
>>83205787
We know Marvel loves doing it, but I'd believe this is the first time Disney or the movie side of Marvel have noticed.
And that they didn't like it.
>>
>>83207626
Hilary is not centrist. Not even by a long shot. She supports all of Obama's policies.
>>
>>83207513
While more wordy Deadpool's appropriate line would be admitting he was never Wade Wilson or that his healing factor never had an effect on his psychology and he pretended to struggle with instability because it temporarily amused him to watch people deal with that.

Also to avoid Pete repeating Bruce's line for Ben, I think he could say
>I knew Gwen slept with Osborn. I knew the fall would kill her
>>
>>83207676

>Autism the post
>>
File: 1462970663373.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1462970663373.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>83205699
>to the point that the bit in Avengers 2 where he chides Tony Stark for cursing was a reference to Evans' desire to preserve the kid friendly image of the Avengers to young fans
wew lad
>>
>>83207654
>She supports all of Obama's policies.
Which are centrist, only the right wings thinks they are leftist.
>>
>>83207642
Stream that film if you're so great
>>
File: Peachy.gif (1MB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
Peachy.gif
1MB, 245x300px
>>83207565
>mfw I'm a New Deal Democrat and Hillarists calls me a hippie commie

>>83207654
>Hilary is not centrist. Not even by a long shot. She supports all of Obama's policies.
>a != b; a = b

The fuck?
>>
>>83207654

>She supports all of Obama's policies.

Who is a solid centerist or very slightly center left in the real world.
>>
>>83205699
OP is full of shit, but I do want to encourage people to give him a chance. People went nuts over rwo fucking words, which was the point, but all the talk about dropping Cap for this and all that is ridiculous. Let the man explain what's going on first. Even though this "shocking twist that'll change everything for-EVEEEER!" doesn't make sense as much as it should when pulling a number like this, I'm still interested to hear what Cap's up to and what made him jump ship.. or, well, sailing on that other ship all along.

It's a gimmick. Of course it is, but so is everything else in comics. At least this is something actually new.
>>
>>83207720
This, Obama is only a Leftist in today's GOP Looney Bin Reality.
>>
File: 1351717084411.jpg (59KB, 600x793px) Image search: [Google]
1351717084411.jpg
59KB, 600x793px
>>83207695
Another expert evaluation for the archives.
>>
>>83207701

Only the retards on the right think Obama let alone Hilary for that matter isn't centerist, given how he defeated them resoundly in two elections. The smarter cons know how boned their party is.
>>
File: marvel in a nutshell.jpg (32KB, 625x295px) Image search: [Google]
marvel in a nutshell.jpg
32KB, 625x295px
None of this seems plausible given that we know how Marvel operates. They love this kind of shit.
>>
File: BasedWard.jpg (190KB, 498x519px) Image search: [Google]
BasedWard.jpg
190KB, 498x519px
>>83205699
Ward acknowledging the new Hydra member.
>>
>>83207626
>>83207543
If he's center left and going full Godwin's law on mainstream republicans, which I'm not familiar enough with the dude's actual views to say, then I'd still consider him to be an extremist.

Not that I think it matters that much. I am perfectly fine with a super leftist writer. But it doesn't look good for diversity if your entire range is ultra left to centrist.

>>83207513
I'm amazed at how many people are completely losing their shit over this.
>>
>>83207770

No the point of OP's post is DISNEY are pissed because Marvel editorial specifically Brevoort who you have quoted went ahead and made a major change to a corporate tentpole character without oking it with them. One that has attracted negative press including accusations of anti-semitism which are basically a modern black balling in the entertainment industry. Learn 2 reading comprehension senpai.
>>
File: shandy-3.jpg (635KB, 1296x968px) Image search: [Google]
shandy-3.jpg
635KB, 1296x968px
>>83207770
>None of this seems plausible
Well no shit. OP is just making shit up and we're taking this thread in a different direction because fuck him.

What's everyone's favorite summer drink?
>>
File: hydracap.jpg (34KB, 381x500px) Image search: [Google]
hydracap.jpg
34KB, 381x500px
>>
Which is more bullshit: Doom being revealed as altruistic by a god that could see inside his soul or Cap being Hydra?
>>
>>83207867
the Former, the latter can at least be explained away with brainwashing.
>>
>>83207886
Oh come on, when was the last time Cap was brainwashed?
>>
>>83207920
can't think of it but Wolvie was brainwashed so many times it's become a running joke. Falcon had a storyline everyone tries to forget where he's a villain plant. It's much easier to ignore.
>>
>>83205922

Spencer's as SJW as it gets. He hates Bernie for being a white male for fuck's sake.
>>
>>83205820
Does he? Like, has he actually said so?

Because they fucked him over hard on Supergirl, but at the same time were pretty supportive of his T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents.
>>
>>83207941
>can't think of it
There was an episode of Spider-man and his Amazing Friends IIRC.
>>
File: IMG_20160527_083432.jpg (118KB, 487x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160527_083432.jpg
118KB, 487x453px
>>83207920

Lee Kirby had him brainwashed and supporting Hitler.
>>
>>83207920
When was the last time he had his powers/youth restored with cube magic?
>>
>>83207886
It's not brainwashing, it's the cosmic cube
>>
>>83207802
Even if OP is making this shit up, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney and Chris Evans weren't actually pissed about this. The comic side of this might be fellating themselves over how controversial it is to sell more comics, but the Disney brand that relies on Cap as one of its most popular characters now can't be too happy with the backlash.
>>
>>83207994
The Super Soldier mini?

Although the whole powers/youth restoration thing pisses me off in how stupid it is. The serum just made him peak human. If you took it away, all it would mean is he'd have to work at maintaining it, not suddenly drop to frail old man
>>
>>83208000
Nah, it's psychic fucker.
>>
>>83208000

It's not the cosmic cube it's a shit story with the tired "Everything you know is wrong!" trope that was dated by the late 80s let alone now.
>>
>>83208013
It IS Disney. If they sell even one fewer toy because of this backlash (which is retarded but that's it's own issue), heads are fucking rolling at Marvel
>>
>>83207970
Yes, he's made clear his unhappiness with them on twitter.
>>
>>83208032
It's literally the cosmic cube, have you read Spencer's run?
>>
>>83207654
Obama wasn't really a Democrat, he was a Chicago Democrat. His only political belief was in whoever wrote the biggest check.
>>
>>83207770
Capecomic genre are dead. Its cadaver is hooked on outrage machine that occasionally zaps it with controversy to make it twitch. That's not life, but that's as lively as it can get.

It's a mistake to ask questions like this. Sure, constant electric shock is bad for the living, but for the cadaver it makes it dance.
>>
>>83207867
Doom is altruistic. It's just that his ego gets in the way.

Doom is essentially an Objectivist on the same tier as Rorshach. He is the smartest person in the universe(in his mind), therefore any decision he makes is objectively the correct one.
>>
>>83208088

I know. I was deriding Marvel for a shit done before storyline.
>>
>>83205699
>>83205896
>>83205981
Jesse Baker, is that you?
>>
>>83205896
>which had some rather negative comments made about Diamondback

Nobody cares about Diamondback Sherwood
>>
File: agwhPkR.png (225KB, 779x600px) Image search: [Google]
agwhPkR.png
225KB, 779x600px
>>83208089

Totally bro!
>>
File: suspicious.png (2MB, 973x925px) Image search: [Google]
suspicious.png
2MB, 973x925px
>>83208088
It's literally Skull's psychic bullshit, have YOU read Spencer's run?
>>
File: 1205617951465.jpg (109KB, 599x658px) Image search: [Google]
1205617951465.jpg
109KB, 599x658px
>>83207867
Anyone paying attention beyond the shock panel for either knows the difference immediately.

There's been build up for Doom whether or not people like it. Purple Man, Strange and Lancer have witnessed glimpses of it.

The second?
Let's do a recent run down.

During Civil War Cap staunchly opposed having the efforts of heroes turned into a disadvantage to their families, he wasn't against them being regulated but being made targets given how easily the information on their identities could be accessed and distributed. He was then hunted as a fugitive for his efforts, wrestled away from Iron Stalin by REAL AMERICAN HEROES, submitted, was killed while arrested, except not really because he was actually time travelling(?), despite all this he then decided to get in a big dumb fight with the X-Men because Marvel needed to make sales and decided the group of people who would rather work together than beat each other up would rather beat each other up than work together. Because Cable said that's how it's going to go, so that's how it had to go. During Hickman's tenure he busts in and beats the shit out of illegal immigrant Skrulls. The Skrull Invasion was admittedly terrible and the source of problems during Civil War, hamfistedly, but these are not even high rank Skrulls. They're basically masterless slaves with no transport off planet, so Clint and Steve are literally just being shown kicking people who are down for some reason.

Not long after being slapped around by them Steve then later allows two dangerous, extremist Darwinist extraterrestrials to join the Avengers, some more bullshit and now this.

Which of these two sound like fleshing out a character whereas the other character derailment?

Do jest if you need, just remember when you find yourself disingenuously humoring the ridiculous it is because there exists something genuinely deserving of ridicule.
The Avengers have never been perfect, but their behavior has become pointlessly irrational.
>>
>>83205896
>implying anyone would give a shit about Diamondback of all characters

Are you that autistic creep everyone forced off of /co/ a few years ago? The tripfag, Diamond/Back?
>>
>>83208255
S/D? Dude, that fucker is actually autistic enough to continuously annoy writers on Twitter. Look him up
>>
>>83208048
I agree the backlash is dumb, but it's exactly what Spencer was trying to create, using the recent movie as extra spotlight on the character to do something big to pull that audience over to his comic. He pretty much admitted that this was what he wanted.

I just don't think this is what Disney wants. Marvel comics might run their business model on bad publicity and controversy and outrage to sell more, but Disney definitely prefers playing it safe and easy. Disney cares about the children demographic and parents reactions to this sort of thing, and having this trend on twitter is probably a pr nightmare for them right now.
>>
>>83205896
>and why Falcon still gets the main Captain America book
Bucky got to stay Cap and the main Cap book when he came back last time.

Also no one gives a fuck about Diamondback for anyone to care like that.
>>
>>83208292
Yeah, Marvel screwed the pooch on this one. Disney let them be fairly independent, just using the comics to advertise their movies, but they probably went too far with this
>>
>>83206756
Typo confirms it. It's Rich alright.
>>
>>83205699
>Nick Spencer (who has threatened to go to DC if he's not allowed to make Captain America his personal SJW soap box)

He did? Doesn't he hate DC for like ditching him off the Supergirl book?
>>
>>83208340
>believing anything OP posted
>>
>>83208317
I don't have statistics, but I'm suspecting merchandise and movie sales off the Marvel properties are way more profitable to Disney than the comics are.

Didn't they recently let go of the creative oversight team of comic book writers for the MCU? Shit, maybe this is their way of getting back at them for it.
>>
>>83208317
>Disney let them be fairly independent, just using the comics to advertise their movies
that's kinda funny
>>
>>83208366
Yeah, the creative council. It was part of splitting off Marvel studios from Marvel Entertainment.
>>
>>83208366
>I don't have statistics, but I'm suspecting merchandise and movie sales off the Marvel properties are way more profitable to Disney than the comics are.
Oh no shit. I mean, a single comic peaks at 100k readers if they're lucky. Meanwhile, movies hit millions of viewers
>>
>>83205768
>DC
>not suck

Nostalgia pandering isn't quality. I know Johns fags won't understand but it's really not.
>>
>>83207775
I'm gonna miss him.
>>
>>83205922
SJW is anyone to the left of stormfront anon. You have figured this out by now.
>>
>>83207532
>The guy who wrote the Astonishing X-Men story where Iceman opines about all the women he's fucked over the years recently gave a very stilled, gun at the back of his head style "I wrote the story totally 100% with the eye towards Bobby being a closet case" response, that made people ask out loud if Marvel is threatening people who wrote Iceman in the past, to prevent them from criticizing the "Iceman is gay" storyline.

The guys name is Marjorie Liu. She's successful enough that she wouldn't need to adhere to the company line. The only reason she made that statement, is because making Bobby gay is in line with her progressive ideals. So even if it wasn't her intention when originally writing the 'Frozen' arc, she'll lie and say it was just to virtue signal to sjw crowd.
>>
File: hydracap.jpg (9KB, 384x131px) Image search: [Google]
hydracap.jpg
9KB, 384x131px
>>83207816
Anyone want to help edit this?
>>
>>83205981
>use the mind control angle

Considering all the setup from Standoff and AXIS, that actually seems like what the story is doing.
>>
>>83207770
>It always leads to better sales for us. Always.
Tell that to DC. Death of Superman gave a short term boost in sales, but the fallout was such a massive fuck you to the fans that DC comics as a whole never fully recovered. Their sales dipped and they dipped hard.
>>
>>83208485
If they do add these
>No immigrants
>Traps victims
>Conditions Winter Soldiers
>Right fit
>No liberty? Less liberals!
>>
>>83208089
You'd think oil companies would take advantage and bribe him to kill the EPA.
>>
>>83207775
>dat 's-stahp' reply
So good
>>
>>83205699
>(to the point that the bit in Avengers 2 where he chides Tony Stark for cursing was a reference to Evans' desire to preserve the kid friendly image of the Avengers to young fans)
But Chris hates that line. Anthony Mackie teased him and asked if it was his favorite line, and Chris shouted NO.
>>
>>83208655
OP should done at least some research before baiting us like this.

Apply yourself op.
>>
>>83205699
are nobody here ever read cape comic before and believed this bullshit?
>>
>>83205699
>Evans has a love-hate relationship with the Captain America character: he took the role solely because Disney offered to get him work as a director after his initial contract expired
>Disney
C'mon, OP, at least get your facts straight. Disney had nothing to do with Evans's initial contract. Anyone with modicum of critical thinking skills and long-term memory can tell this is bullshit.
>>
why did the story blow up so much, it looks like the average last page shocking reveal that they've been doing for decades
>>
>>83209171
normie
>>
>>83209192
normies*

I mean, they don't know how this stuff works.
>>
>>83205699
he hates DC now, if anything he'd just do image books
>>
>>83207654
And all of Obama's policies are centrist at best, right wing at worst. There is no leftist party in America.
>>
>>83207701
>>83207754
This
>>
>>83209171

Cap is the joint movie hero in the world at this point let alone superhero. Because of the MCU Hydra = Nazis to the majority of people not the 60s Bond SPECTRE style organisation of the comics. He is a tentpole for the entire DISNEY corporation. Rich was right. This story out DCed DC's Watchmen twist.
>>
>>83209171
Part of it was shills, part of it was people in complete ignorance of comics.
>>
>>83208145
Do you only read Marvel? What is this false equivalence bullshit? DC doesn't pull that crap.
>>
>>83209171
Part of it is the Tumblurina crowd being irrational and thinking it is somehow connected to the GiveCaptainAmericaaBoyfriend hashtag, the other part is right wingers being angry that right after Steve voiced his support of the second amendment and came across as being more of a Libertarian it was revealed that he was a Nazi. Then there are politically indifferent people that got whipped up by the frenzy by both of these sides because Civil War recently came out and they kind of care about the idea of Captain America, though they probably couldn't describe what exactly it is about that idea that the care about.
>>
>>83205699
I call bullshit. The hydra thing was obviously planned so Marvel can make headlines on the day Rebirth released.
>>
>>83208439
you should try reading comics once in a while.
>>
>>83209532
He says, on the same week DC released another "THIS WILL TOTALLY CHANGE THINGS AGAIN GUYS" book. The two companies are the same man, they're both trying their hardest to not be the first to die in a dying medium
>>
>>83209571
DC put out a good book doing things that people liked. Marvel put out a shit book to get controversy bux.

You can always spot Mouseketeers. The utter delusion is unreal.
>>
>>83209571
>b...but movies
Marvel is cancer
>>
>>83205699
Serious question: does Marvel have a single white fan anymore? The books are exclusively made for Niggaboos and neon haired Kate Leth types.

What a fucking shit company.
>>
>>83205922
An SJW is someone who preaches tolerant but is, themselves, intolerant. Nick Spencer fits the picture perfectly. Again, he said on Twitter that all Republicans are evil, and not just the ones who support Trump. He thinks the ones who are signalling against Trump are just trying to make it look like they're not evil. Read his fucking Twitter.
>>
>>83209597
>Marvel and DC are not the same
They both do the exact same shit with a different slant to it. If you can't see that you're blind.
>>
File: 0.png (66KB, 754x718px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
66KB, 754x718px
>>83209622
>does Marvel have a single white fan anymore?

Yes, everyone on /co/
>>
>>83209597
Delusion in what? Calling both companies out on doing stupid shit? Look, I understand they're financially shitting the bed, and their respective parent companies clearly don't give a singular fuck about their comics division since they were just bought for IPs so they could be merchandised to hell and back, but lets not fucking pretend one is purer than the other. They're businesses, they do what businesses do, and that is try to make money. There's no artistic merit in it, there's just dollars. That's fucking it. That's all that mattered, that's all that will ever matter.
>>
>>83205699
Jack and Joe might be rolling in their graves.
>>
>>83209385
Hydra in the comics WAS founded by a Nazi though. But like you said, it was presented more as a James Bond-like evil organization.
>>
>>83205922
Nick Spencer is definitely an sjw, and not just because he supports Clinton, his reasons for doing so are insane.
>>
>>83207988

Seriously, why does capeshit emphasize random words like that?
>>
>>83209654
If you think that you are literally retarded.
>>
>>83206690
To be honest, it was editorial's idea to kill Kaine. Slott was basically fighting with Lowe to keep him alive and write the ending where Kaine gets reborn... Man, I really miss Wacker.
>>
>>83209801
Spider-editorial also agrees with Bendis shipping MJ to someone else.
>>
>>83209796
>If you think that the companies that have a long history of sharing personnel, readership, business associates, and demographics don't engage in the same practices you're retarded
cute.

so do you read comics or just watch the Batman Movies?
>>
File: ad33.jpg (87KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
ad33.jpg
87KB, 720x480px
>>83209544

Not actually a bad analysis. Basically it pissed off everyone on the political compass right to left and authoritarian to libertarian. Actual Nazis are probably pissed at it too.
>>
>>83209826
Bendis was always basically that one MJfag in the company who doesn't care about anybody else in the cast, but her.
>>
>>83205768
>batman shot his parents

You know that makes so much sense! The guilt the fabricated bad guy. Never found!

Hurrrrtt duurrr!
>>
You realize that most people know it's not permanent and just comic book shit but still hate them doing it right?

It's not about if it lasts
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 420x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 420x598px
WHAT'S THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE?!
>>
>>83209844
I could ask the same of you, MCUck
>>
File: 1432863328431.jpg (1MB, 2821x2201px) Image search: [Google]
1432863328431.jpg
1MB, 2821x2201px
>>83209867
But he is also right that people who are politically indifferent were pissed off by it.
Unless you mean they are also on the political compass.

Honestly I don't think there is any going back.
Comics from now on will always be political battlefields.
>>
>>83209876
Holy fuck.
Batman shot his parents, and this is why we need to ban assault handguns.
You're a fucking genius, Nick.
>>
File: image.png (361KB, 487x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
361KB, 487x453px
>>83209881

Yes, it's supposedly about disrespecting Kirby and his legacy and using a tragedy for a shocking reveal

But Kirby wrote this

He wrote this while the war was going on, while Jewish people were being killed in camps. While men were fighting and dying for the sake of this war.

Not separated by three fourths of a century, but RIGHT AS IT WAS HAPPENING

People don't care about Jack Kirby. They don't care about Joe Simon or Stan Lee. They care about a prop they call his legacy.
>>
>>83209922

How many ribs does she have? What the fuck?
>>
>this is the same board that lauded this guy and praised him to no end for Ant-Man and Superior Foes
>first arc of a new book which clearly won't stick around for that long, especially not with Civil War II round the corner
>/co/ cries SJW!!!! THIS GUYS A HACK, WAHHHH!

Unbelievable, he even came here on multiple occasions and most of the thread was sucking his dick, c'mon /co/, you know better than this, he'll be back to normal by August.
>>
>>83209975
That was Lieber. And clearly anyone that lauded his work hadn't actually read anything outside of Superior Foes
>>
>>83208232
Is Xavier's brain still in the Red Skull's....skull?
>>
>>83209975
You realize he's probably going to be the "hero who goes evil" for Civil War 2, right? Just like Rick was the hero who died. This is all part of Marvel Event Bingo.
>>
>>83209989
Lieber was not on Ant-man
>>
>>83210014
As in, Lieber was the one that came here on multiple occasions and most of the thread was sucking his dick
>>
>>83209975
>he even came here on multiple occasions and most of the thread was sucking his dick
I remember, he even converted me from a berniebro to Hillary supporter.
Now #imwithher
>>
File: CaptainAmerica327p01.jpg (174KB, 875x731px) Image search: [Google]
CaptainAmerica327p01.jpg
174KB, 875x731px
>>83205699
Am I the only one who assumes the whole thing is some kind of misdirection or is the rest of the world just retarded?
>>
>>83209975
To be fair, anyone with half a brain is annoyed by this not because "How dare they do this to Cap!", they're annoyed because it's another bullshit "shocking" development from Marvel which probably won't even last the year. Who knows, maybe the story will end up being good, but so far it just seems like more of Marvel's "Ooh be upset and buy floppies!" tactics.
>>
>>83209922

Why does her lunchbox have a female super hero on it if they weren't around?
>>
>>83210037
Literally all around you people said exactly that.

You seem to be either reading incredibly selective or textbook Dunning–Kruger here.
>>
>>83210037
Of course it's a misdirection.

It's the new "Doc Ock is Spiderman"
>>
>>83209916
I read both DCasual. It's how I know there's no functional difference between the two companies.

except Marvel actually knows how to make movies while DC has braindead assholes trying to turn every hero into batman.
>>
>>83205922

If you don't lynch a least 1 minority per day then you are literally a sjw.
>>
>>83207513
I'm low key triggered by Batman being there.
>>
>>83210129
Yeah this kind of rhetoric isn't SJW at all.

Seriously you seem to think SJW is the worst possible insult and the crazy left extreme.
That is why you defend it like that.
It is just a normal faggot.
>>
>>83210129
>tfw forgot to lynch my daily minority
I was wondering why my hairline had receded so much overnight, my hair was now pink, and I had grown a flamboyant beard
>>
This is complete bullshit

Chris Evans HATES the language quip in AoU, if you don't believe me then look at his Civil War D23 interview with Mackie
>>
>>83210181
Because it is mocking him.
>>
>>83207626
Extreme leftists that are also SJWs do support Hitlarry on the basis that she is a woman.
>>
File: background.jpg (83KB, 633x537px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
83KB, 633x537px
>>83210125
>anally savaged Marveldrone hiding behind movies
>>
>>83210292
If they support Hillary then they are by definition not left. Or they have no idea what she stands for.
>>
>>83205699
>Brevoort is currently trying to white night Nick Spencer (who has threatened to go to DC if he's not allowed to make Captain America his personal SJW soap box) to Disney for the sake of keeping him out of DC's hands. But internally, it's gotten to the point that most expect Spence to be gone from the company, if not outright blacklisted from Marvel, by the end of the year.
Fake. No fucking way would Spencer ever go back to DC, he hated it.
>>
>>83210348
I agree with you, but the SJWs are on a tirade of declaring Bernie a misogynist and enemy to women. They call Bernie voters "Berniebros."

>The Pettiness of the Angry White Male
http://archive.is/csMJV
>>
Post sauce. If not, bullshit
>>
>>83210425
I guess I have to take solace in the fact that if they eat each other like that then one day they will end up on the table and realize how crazy they have been.
>>
>>83208655
>something mocking him should be his favourite line
Are you dense?
>>
>>83207250
>leftist equivalent of the westborough baptist church

You ARE aware that the founder of the Westboro church was a registered Democrat and even ran for office once on the Democratic ticket. He was NEVER a Conservative.

Something the media conveniently leaves out because it's more useful to their agenda to use it to misrepresent Conservatives.
>>
>>83205699
>who has threatened to go to D
Please no. Keep this hack to yourself, Breevort.
>>
What if it turns out this is Steve's son from the ultimates universe?
>>
>>83207513
Doesn't Deadpool actually hate chimichangas and only likes saying the word?
>>
>>83206715
>this totally eclipsed rebirth
Only in terms of the casuals outrage. Actual comic readers know it's nothing but a stunt. Rebirth has been talked about way more in comic centric places.
>>
>>83205699
>who has threatened to go to DC if he's not allowed to make Captain America his personal SJW soap box
Bull fucking shit. He was wrongly fired from DC and he has said publicly countless times he will never work for DC under any circumstance. Do some research before starting a bull shit like this and kill yourself.
>>
>>83210751
considering what he's doing over at The House of Bad Ideas I'd say DC was right to fire him 2bqh famalam
>>
>>83210773
>meanwhile, DC hire Humphries
Why the fuck is it so easy for shitty writers to get work?
>>
>>83210701
>>83208223
>>
>>83210806
Blame Johns for that one. Apparently he and the Hump are friends.
>>
>>83209171
Controversy sells and the fucking idiots who are pissed off over this issue basically did free advertising for Marvel with that trending topic.
>>
I don't think the people saying "Marvel always does this shit" realize the fact that Marvel never belonged to a movie publisher or had a multi billion franchise depending on it either.

The stakes are different.
Ruining captain america ruins the avengers franchise.

They'll fix it.
>>
>>83210643
Nick Spencer used to work for DC, you casual fuck.
>>
>>83210902
It's a story with a fucking Red Skull who has mind-control powers AND Cube was mentioned. Like, if people actually read everything besides last page, than there would be no outrage. It's fucking obvious it's Skull or (giant) maybe Zemo fucking with Steve.
>>
>>83210902
>Ruining captain america ruins the avengers franchise.

No one really believes this.
>>
File: giphy.gif (408KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
408KB, 500x345px
>>83210953
This is what happens when you promote your entertainment product like a bunch of carnies. Instead of just being a plot point in an interesting story, the structure and beats of the narrative are designed to grab headlines and generate buzz free of context or logic.

It's the same sort of "Pro wrestling angles as comics writing" nonsense as the debut of Jane Foster Thor, except the tenor is different because regular Thor becoming unworthy of his hammer is not quite the the same thing as Cap being a Nazi
>>
>>83209975
I haven't seen Ant-Man get that much praise, actually. It has its fans, but I think Superior Foes got a lot more praise.
>>
>>83207813
cum
>>
File: tom-brevoort-0.jpg (8KB, 600x136px) Image search: [Google]
tom-brevoort-0.jpg
8KB, 600x136px
>>83205699
>For anyone who cares, it should be stated now, but Nick Spencer has committed career suicide.
No he hasn't, he got Captain America trending more than a movie ever did.

Brevoort just cares that they're selling.

And Disney is just glad they're getting rid of the Jewish characters and inspirations, since they already got rid of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver's religions.
>>
>>83207730
>People went nuts over two fucking words
AND the inner monologue...
AND the flashbacks...
AND Steve throwing Jack Flag out of a fucking plane!
>>
>>83210931
yeah and he did a pretty good Jimmy Olsen story from what I heard.

>>83211329
uh what? You do realize #GiveCaptainAmericaBoyFriend was trending before this right? A hashtag made solely because of the gay man love tension between Bucky and Steve from Winter Soldier and Civil War?
>>
>>83209996
Yes
>>
>>83211352
>uh what? You do realize #GiveCaptainAmericaBoyFriend was trending before this right? A hashtag made solely because of the gay man love tension between Bucky and Steve from Winter Soldier and Civil War?
Yes, and it wasn't rending nearly as much as #SayNoToHYDRACAP
>>
GUYS SERIOUSLY LISTEN...
If Spencer wanted to make Steve the personification of the evil white guy vs his minority replacement then he would have had Steve disagreeing with Falcon's defense of the Whisperer, would gave been more pissed about Sam getting political, would have had Steve be cool with the Pleasant Hill prison.
WAIT AND FUCKING SEE.
Relax.
>>
File: 1463984424064.jpg (183KB, 1024x887px) Image search: [Google]
1463984424064.jpg
183KB, 1024x887px
>>83205922
SJW is a short hand to describe anyone who is a faux moral crusader, which Nick Spencer definitely is.

So yeah, it has meaning, and yes, it was used correctly.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>83211417
damn shame since Green Arrow was technically a warrior for Social Justice back then (Uh, he forced the League to consider getting a token black male. That was literally one of the adjectives he used to describe Black Lightning, "AND HE'S BLACK!") and Ben Percy has to be incredibly out of touch if he thinks making Green Arrow call himself an SJW is a good move. Then again, I'm buying it for Futa Black Canary so what the fuck do I know.
>>
>>83211417

You're like a parody of a human being.
>>
>>83211457
He is 100% right.

The fuck you are talking about?
>>
>>83205699
>The story was done without their knowledge
How? Spencer would have to tell his editor and artist about the story who in turn would have to report it to someone else and they in turn would also report it to someone else.
>>
>>83211417
>morals are bad!
>if they don't agree with my stupidity is faux moralism!
>>
>>83205896
>That said, the upcoming Americop arc has undergone some major rewrites because Spencer went too far even for the permissive Brevoort. The original story planned was obscenely anti-police and had to be toned down and even now, there is pressure to make more changes to neuter it.

The comic has been out for thirty hours, and there's been "major re-writes" to future issues in that time that a "Marvel insider" was in a position to report on?

Stuff and nonsense.
>>
>>83211468
>He is 100% right.
>The fuck you are talking about?

Whether it's SJW, cuck, pandering, or any other meme buzzword, the term gets thrown around until it's a generic insult.

SJW don't even call themselves SJW, the term has passed parody to just be anything.
>>
>>83211329
>And Disney is just glad they're getting rid of the Jewish characters and inspirations, since they already got rid of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver's religions.
Uh what, they were always raised as gypsies.
>>
>>83211536
just like meme?
just like buzzword?

I am sorry but do you think you yourself with your own post don't know what you meant when you wrote meme buzzwords.

Because if you know what you meant with those two who get thrown around even more than sjw cuck or pandering then why assume you are the only one who knows what he means with the words he is using?
Somebody else using it incorrectly doesn't make the words lose their meaning.
You meme buzzword.
>>
>>83211536
>SJW don't even call themselves SJW
Well duh it is not meant to be a compliment.
Assholes don't call themselves assholes. And assholes aren't literally walking assholes.

I still don't understand what you are talking about.
>>
>>83205699
I hope DC don't take him. Fuck this guy, fuck his agenda-driven writing, let him starve.
>>
File: 1452261112600.png (72KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1452261112600.png
72KB, 501x585px
>>83211457
>>83211417
>>
File: 1462596985621.png (41KB, 732x606px) Image search: [Google]
1462596985621.png
41KB, 732x606px
>>83211536
>>
>>83205787
Bait notwithstanding, the Controversy Sells business model might not fly now that Marvel's part of Disney. They'll willing to do a lot to protect The Brand... which is basically all the books from the big two companies are. Brand names.
>>
>>83205981
>Brevoort

Can this insufferable cunt please either get fired or die already? I want to see a quality lineup of Marvel books at least once more in my lifetime.
>>
>>83205699
his face reminds me of Chris-chan
>>
>>83206690
don't forget sp//der what the fuck happened to her? obscurity she had so much potential.
>>
>>83211663
>/pol/tards can only argue with memes

No wonder you fags get BTFO everytime you try something in real life
>>
File: 1464064.jpg (163KB, 1200x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1464064.jpg
163KB, 1200x1074px
>>83211662

I can do this all day.
>>
>>83211623
You don't want Superman to have been secretly working for General Zod all along?
>>
>>83211417
Why does this image trigger /co/ so much?
>>
>>83211852
Hits too close to home
>>
File: 4chan.png (26KB, 589x246px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
26KB, 589x246px
>>83211852

Because it's true. SJWs aren't normies. Normies don't lean in any direction. But there's tons of SJWs/hipsters out there who try to pretend their neutral normies in order to paint anyone who DARES speak out against SJWs as Nazis.

Pic related.
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 600x860px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 600x860px
>>83211455
And that's why Green Arrow is literally the shittiest comicbook character of all time.

>Billionaire communist somehow not portrayed as unreasonable, hypocritical fuckwit

10/10 writing for decades.
>>
>>83211955
Stop it Hal, he's your friend!
>>
>>83211955
kys
>>
File: 1394178837721.png (488KB, 655x476px) Image search: [Google]
1394178837721.png
488KB, 655x476px
>>83205699
>Disney trying THIS HARD to shill their comics just after DC got a little positive press.
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 393x549px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 393x549px
>>83211995
The Flash is my friend, Green Arrow's some braindead hippy.

And believe me, I know braindead.
>>
>>83207700
>HAHA HAIL HYDRA!~
>>
File: hal is an idiot.jpg (151KB, 587x526px) Image search: [Google]
hal is an idiot.jpg
151KB, 587x526px
>>83212068
Hal is an idiot head?

Hal is an idiot thread.
>>
File: 1319398297827.jpg (496KB, 1154x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1319398297827.jpg
496KB, 1154x1080px
>>83205699
>Brevoort is currently trying to white night Nick Spencer (who has threatened to go to DC if he's not allowed to make Captain America his personal SJW soap box) to Disney for the sake of keeping him out of DC's hands. But internally, it's gotten to the point that most expect Spence to be gone from the company, if not outright blacklisted from Marvel, by the end of the year.

I don't even read comics, and I know this is bullshit from all I've seen from tweets, he would work with Action Lab comics, before DC.
>>
>>83205699
Thanks for the source
>>
File: 3426.png (467KB, 1793x1857px) Image search: [Google]
3426.png
467KB, 1793x1857px
>>83211810
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 678x663px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 678x663px
>>83212088
Can it also be a 'Green Lantern is a shitty friend, is no fun at parties and never pays his round despite being a communist BILLIONAIRE' thread?
>>
>>83205981
>Damage Superior Spider-Man did to the brand

Elevating sales and renewing interest in the title is damaging brand? It wasn't until last issue that estimated sales returned to SSM levels. If anything, it's this current volume that's damaging the brand.
>>
>>83212092
What kind of shit does he talk?
>>
>>83205990
The point of a secret is to keep it a secret....

regardless of posting some fantasy scenario like this on 4chan or elsewhere...kills the secrecy...
>>
>>83212127
fuck you Ollie, there's literally a giant sentient space squid on the way to fuck the Earth and all you can think about is America?
>>
>>83205922
What, the guy that made anyone who disagreed with the handling of the refugee crisis equivalent to a suicide bombing hydra cultist?

Nah, why do people think that he's a SJW?
>>
>>83212127
>Dude, I literally deal with all that shit but on a cosmic scale
>Eat my dick Ollie

It always seems petty to me when people bitch at Hal/ or John, or guy, or Kyle for not helping out more on Earth. Like that black guy in that old ass comic that asked Hal what he's ever done for the black man. Oh I don't know, how about the several times he saved the fucking planet all the black people live on? Or is that not good enough for you?
>>
File: 1434033364795.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1434033364795.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>83212243
The universe is not worth it without america
>>
>>83211482
Not saying OP is to be trusted but the storyline itself was kept very hush hush within Marvel. Not a lot of people knew about it.
>>
>>83212214
I remember reading some Brevoot tweets during the first official trailer saying Battfleck was more worried about his Wayne Building getting destroyed than saving that girl/people that died in said building. He literally got all of that from few cuts from a trailer ad.
>>
>>83209891
That's not Steve Rogers.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 300x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 300x384px
>>83212243
>>83212290
He's the fucking worst. I've been putting up with this shit for years.
>>
Why did it all go so wrong for Nick Spencer?

Everyone loved Superior Foes and Ant-Man was well received... then it all changed.
>>
File: 1437521409729.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1437521409729.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>Disney trying to stir controversy for a shit comic this badly.

Was #GiveCaptainAmericaagayguy not enough for them?
>>
>>83212383
He revealed his true colors as an insane quasi-socialist Weasel, proclaimed his undying love for Hillary Clinton, his undying hate for fucking white males and worst of all (the most important point) he then decided to use his position as a Marvel writer as his personal political soapbox.

Fuck him.
>>
>>83205699
>who has threatened to go to DC if he's not allowed to make Captain America his personal SJW soap box

I really hope the whole thing gets him blacklisted, he can take his shit to image or dynamite
>>
>>83212383

Because people seem to not understand comic book story arcs are more than just issue 1 and don't want to read.

I think it's terrible because it's like something out of a middle schoolers fanfic, but the people getting bent out shape are people who don't read comics.

Give it a week until something even more trivial grabs social medias attention.
>>
>>83205896

>Marvel tacitly knows that the country is moving away from SJW types but has to keep a select number of SJW kool aid drinking big named writers happy.

Yeah, I don't think so.
>>
>>83212430
god that'd make a perfect counter campaign. just blast social media with the idea that they made cap a nazi so people would fall out of love with him and they wouldn't have to make him gay
>>
>>83212558
That's the only part I wouldn't call bullshit on. The new Ghostbusters really brought the whole culture wars to the forefront for normies. Ended up backfiring for them since the sole reason they had managed to make so much noise about it was because they had never involved the actual majority on it.
>>
>>83211852
It's a literal strawman used to disregard any actual argument or criticism.

>oh, they made me question my motives and actions? Well doesn't matter because they're probably an SJW anyway, therefore nothing they say or think could possibly be correct!
>>
but i like spencer's ant-man and his superior foes ;_;
>>
>>83212647
Except they are almost always an SJW
>>
>>83212647
No it is specifically about the centrist argument.
Which in itself is just as annoying as all the other extremes.
>>
>>83207676
>>83207513
Deadpool's would be "I killed my parents"

oh wait
>>
>>83212647
>>83212684

Point proven I'd say
>>
>>83205896
>Jack Flagg is dead
wat? really?
>>
>>83212539
except there's been signs of him using comics as a soap box since All New All Different Captain America (Or whatever the Fal Cap Book is titled)
>>
>>83205787
disney doesn't
>>
>>83205699
>the kid friendly image of the Avengers to young fans
Can we finally agree that if you like Marvel Disney over the age of 12 you have serious development issues?
>>
>>83212803
Everybody already knows that.
>>
>>83212647
>they made me question my motives and actions?
You grant SJWs far too much credit.
>>
>>83212749
Go mod rationalwiki, you fence-sitter.
>>
>>83205699
Comfirmed: Marvel is making movjes for children (as well as manchildren) while DC is making mlvies for adults.
>>
>>83205699
Honestly. People are falling in love with cap because of the new movie and Marvel turns him into a nazi. Talk about bad timing.

Movie sinergy my ass.
>>
>>83212670
The only reason those are good is because the main characters are self-inserts. He's writing himself.
>>
>>83212851
>movjes
>mlvies
lyl
>>
>>83205855
>300 posts later

Fucking /co/
>>
>>83212574
I would be behind this
>>
>>83212941
Nobody really discussed the OP though.
It moved more onto political discussion which is bad enough.
>>
>>83212858
>bad timing
As if. It's all a marketing ploy from start to end.
>>
>>83212858
Now those millions won't buy the comic, Cap will be lucky to sell thousands!

Oh... wait.
>>
>>83211455

>Then again, I'm buying it for Futa Black Canary so what the fuck do I know.

wut?
>>
>>83207701
>centrist

You don't know American politics so please just drop it
>>
Anon, you didn't even put anything on the hook.
>>
>>83205840
I think its a lot of people's first mind control story man.

I feel like we fat elders of comicdom should maybe come down off of our thrones of pillows and gamer fuel boxes and mention to some of the younger kids freaking out that Cap having his head fucked with is actually a pretty common trope.
>>
>>83209357
If Obama is a centrist why is he a nigger?
>>
>>83205813
It didn't stop Rucka
>>
File: 1464064.jpg (160KB, 1200x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1464064.jpg
160KB, 1200x1074px
>>83212116
>>
File: 1418213112237.jpg (119KB, 854x562px) Image search: [Google]
1418213112237.jpg
119KB, 854x562px
>>83212116
It was me! I was the normie!
>>
>>83206113
One hour.
>>
>>83213387
Yeah but Rucka is an adult who can work with a group of people and work out their issues. Nick Spencer is a manchild who constantly shades DC for their edgy storylines despite doing the same damned thing himself.
>>
>>83212755
Cap murders him
>>
>>83213991
Cap threw him out of a plane. This is superhero comics, anon. If you don't see a body then they're not dead, and Jack has survived worse. At worst he'll get re-crippled.
>>
>>83207962
No, he hates Bernie for being a socialist that courts the millennial vote.

Above all else, Spencer hates millennials.
>>
>>83210147
>and the crazy left extreme
Because that's what SJWs ARE. That's what the term was supposed to mean until retards turned it into "anyone I don't like."
>>
>>83205787
This.
>>
Jesus....there hasn't been this much butt hurt since The Superior Spider-Man.
>>
>>83214406
It never meant that though.
The crazy left extreme would be a extreme communist.

SJWs can be all over the spectrum although I think on the right this particular retardation takes a different form.
>>
>done without their knowledge
Yeah because editors don't exist

He just sends the jpegs over to a printer and they're released out into the world.
>>
File: image.jpg (193KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 488x750px
>>83215140
>SJWs can be all over the spectrum although I think on the right this particular retardation takes a different form.
On the right its the old Christian soccer moms. But those have lost power compared to the limp wrist nuMales and blue haired dykes.
>>83211852
/co/ is a tumblr colony.
>>
>>83215160
He could have pulled a Morrison and waited until the last possible second to send the script to his editor so the editor had no option but to accept it
>>
It's hilarious that normies get so worked up about this.

Spencer is my new fav writers if just for being this willing to piss off fake-geeks
>>
>>83215510
>Implying they couldn't just delay it
And from the looks of his Twitter feed, he had two people upstairs backing him up.
>>
>>83215160
To be fair, editors at Marvel barely work, they suck shit. However it's incredibly naive something is done in a Disney company without the Mouse knowing about it.
>>
>>83213162
one of the artists drawing the book is known for drawing dick girls.
>>
>>83216118
this was done specifically to one-up DC's big Rebirth reveal

of course the mouse knew and approved it
>>
>>83216256
Correct.
>>
>>83207920
Well he did join the army...
>>
>>83216256
It was solicited before Rebirth was even announced
>>
>>83216724
>companies this close together don't know what the other is doing
Come on anon, it's a pretty small industry, especially the higher you go.
>>
>>83216724
the timing is suspicious

even if maybe DC was the one who tried to one-up marvel, both companies definitely knew something big was happening around this time
>>
>>83205699

Oh for fuck sake... Marvel really is the worst publisher on the face of this blue rock.
>>
>>83217488
Read the thread before responding.
>>
>>83216031
Check out his Superior Foes of Spider-man, The Fix, and Bedlam. All are solid books.
>>
>>83205802

Meanwhile on /tv/ the rumors are that Evans is a coke-snorting bisexual party animal, so I don't know what to make of this
>>
>>83207676
>I knew Gwen slept with Osborn. I knew the fall would kill her

That sounds... actually scary. I love bad guys that can put the whole "i'm the savior of humanity" in public and be complete monsters in secret.
>>
>>83217450
It was'nt the only thing Marvel tried this week

They hinted they'll be undoing OMD at some point in Spider-Man/Deadpool#5
>>
>>83212574
Anon, that's LITERALLY what the SJWs are already doing.
>>
>>83205699

yeah right, disney knows full well nobody gives two shits about the comic books

same as the latest death of superman, everything will be set back to status quo within the next couple of months

anybody who thinks this is in any way significant is an idiot
>>
>>83217539
Motherfucking Bedlam. If this is true (which it isn't), maybe Bedlam'll get finished
>>
>>83209544
and none of them actually read the comic.
>>
>>83219429

they dont read comics, thats the point

they don't have the context to understand shit like this happens constantly and has no real repercussions in the overall storyline . specially if an event isnt built around it (sometimes even if it is)
>>
>>83211587
>Assholes don't call themselves assholes
They don't?
>>
>>83205966
the problem is normal people will "hey did you hear cap is hydra" and will assume they are talking about movie cap not comic cap and Disney won't allow anybody to think movie cap is a bad guy
>>
>>83206023
Source?
>>
>>83223125
His ass, anon, like everything in the OP.
>>
>>83205699
This is total bullshit
Chris hated the "language line"
There's a clip of him with Jackie at D23 where Mackie asks if it's his favorite line, Evans laughs and then says "nooooooooooo"
>>
>>
I don't know what inside baseball rumors are true as far as Marvel publishing goes, but OP is correct about Evans going to Disney about this and them jumping onto Marvel Publishing execs for the bad press. Evans is VERY protective of Cap and Disney made its reputation as The Evil Empire by suing everyone and their grandma for messing with their IPs.
>>
>>83225484
damn that outfit is cool as hell
>>
Shit son. Batman could literally die and he wouldn't get as much press as this is right now.
>>
are there really people out there retarded enough to believe Cap won't be revealed to be rusing Hydra all along?
>>
>>83226399
Batman literally did die and no one cared
>>
>>83226399
People are Offendedâ„¢. That, in today's world, is considered the crime of crimes.
>>
>>83226399
>>83226465
they did care though, there were tons of articles and shit in non-comic places
>>
>>83226399
Actually, back when Batman was dead I found it really odd how normies had no idea it even happened. When Superman died fighting a relatively unknown baddie back in the 90's they shut down Times Square irl and had funeral marches with hundreds of people wearing red armbands. Batman died killing Darkseid and two years after being replaced by Robin The Boy Wonder the average joe didn't even know it happened at all.
>>
>>83226756
Everybody knows comic deaths get undone. People don't know comic nazifications will be undone.
>>
>>83205896
>Marvel tacitly knows that the country is moving away from SJW types but has to keep a select number of SJW kool aid drinking big named writers happy.

Why in the blue fuck does every single thing people talk about on this site have to be framed through the prism of a culture war between SJW's and not SJW's?

It just couldn't be more boring.
>>
>>83205699
>Disney is pretty much angry as hell that Marvel published the "Captain America is always a Hydra Agent" story. The story was done without their knowledge and the backlash and it's implications, have already bore fruit that will make it not last if not outright retconned.
Bullshit. Disney does not have the slightest hand in anything else than the films, 'Insider'.
>>
>>83225484
I like it except for the Hydra logo on his chest. Looks weird and blocky.

I hope we get an official Hydra Cap costume.
>>
>>83205820
>Young Justice would have finally returned.
>It would have been a vehicle for SJW bullshit.
>They'd probably find a way to make Irey a lesbian even though she's in grade school.

Dodged a bullet there.
>>
Nick Spencer is a nobody. There's no way anyone at marvel or DC cares about him
>>
File: 1405820328414.jpg (145KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1405820328414.jpg
145KB, 720x960px
I'm tired of living in the Clickbait Era.
>>
>>83227988
/pol/ pls you don't even read comics stop getting mad about red skull.
>>
>>83205699
Spencer just made me more of a Cap fan especially since this is your average IronMan fan.

http://youtu.be/zWXeRrh7zxs
>>
>>83205787
its like no one wants the cap version of spock or something. ya know, the shit that spiderman fans had to deal with for what was it, two years?
>>
>>83228565
>mfw all Marvel fans are nigs

sheeeeeit
>>
>>83228848
But Spock was the best Spider-man had been since JMS' run, and nothing that's come out with Spider-man since then has been anywhere near as great.

Superior Spider-man was great. Superior Iron Man was great. Sign me the fuck up for Superior Captain America.
>>
>>83209975
>implying Superior Foes wasn't good
His cap run may be shit, but that doesn't mean he hasn't written anything good ever. The same thing happened with Jason Aaron, Scalped was pretty damn good but his current Thor run is pretty poor in terms of quality. Creators don't usually produce 100% good or bad after all.
>>
>>83213442
It's... /pol/ception
>>
>>83206257

They made Cap Hydra, which basically means Nazi these days. Of course, Disney cares about it. Especially after the whole Walt is secretly a Nazi sympathizer thing.
>>
>>83234577
>Especially after the whole Walt is secretly a Nazi sympathizer thing.
Based Walt
>>
>>83205699
I wish all this were true except the coming back to DC part

I want marvel to suffer for their wanting of outrage
>>
>>83235528
it's hilarious how these constant "make fans furious" thing can backfire brutally on them

>spread the word to enraged foaming at the mouth normie sjws that disney owns marvel
>convince them that the decision to make cap a nazi came from the higher ups in disney
>that the only reason cap isn't gay is cause disney forbids it

you'll see how fast disney puts a stop to that shit, probably even fire some fools and make the changes "fans" want to save face
>>
>>83207513
>mfw that's actually what andrew garfield says at the end of ASM1
>>
>>83230395
Superior Spider-Man was dogshit, it was just slightly less dogshit than the parade of nightmarishly bad comic books Spider-Man had been since OMD, and you're just enough of a contrarian faggot to consider that worthy of making it your holy book.
>>
>>83205699
>Nick Spencer has committed career suicide.

Good fucking riddance. He can peddle his lefty propaganda elsewhere.

Fucking failed Democrats, can't cut it as lying pols and then try to push their shit in the real world?

Fuck him.
>>
File: Normal Person.png (147KB, 789x868px) Image search: [Google]
Normal Person.png
147KB, 789x868px
>>83233951
We can go deeper
>>
>>83211803
>No wonder you fags get BTFO everytime you try something in real life

what did /pol/ do in real life and how did they get BTFO'd.
Curious.
>>
What is Spencer famous for? I haven't heard of him until now you guys make him seem important
>>
>>83205699

You already fucked up.
>>
>>83236287
Superior Foes of Spider-Man
>>
>>83210129
Phew, dodged a bullet there unlike that filthy nigger I just strung up
>>
>>83211587
Assholes are usually willing to admit they're assholes.
>>
>>83205922

Turning the poster boy of American idealism retroactively evil ... yeah that's not SJW at all.

Would you offer the same defense if he had taken Black Panther and made a story about how he was secretly a black supremacists all along, out to cleanse the earth of non blacks?
>>
>>83236287
>What is Spencer famous for?

Making Captain America Hydra.
>>
>>83236214
Nigga that's just Conan O'Brian.
>>
>>83205699
This entire thread is more entertaining than the run,
>>
>>83212637
that shit remains surreal. It actually got me interested in Rolfe's stuff and while his stage persona gets old after awhile all this 'Lol look at this nerd' shade getting thrown his way is bizarre. He's married, he has a kid. I'm reasonably certain he doesn't even wear glasses. People see him and go 'bully the nerd' and it's like...but the dude doesn't suit the stereotype you're throwing at him. Do you have any reading/viewing comprehension?
>>
>>83238791
Yeah I mean I haven't really bothered with AVGN videos in a long time but I watch his non-AVGN stuff once in a while. But when that whole craziness happened I decided to go take a look at the video people were complaining about to see if he went berserk or something.

I mean the only thing vaguely objectionable is being glad that Harold Ramis didn't see the film and even then it's a mild drop in the rest of the video. It just made me think there was some sort of coordinated effort of attack because Sony was going to release the second trailer that week.
>>
>>83238870
yeah dragging Rami into it was a bit much but half his fucking stage persona is being a bit of an ass. Even then I'm kind of backing the sentiment; nothing about 'Female Ghostbusters' looks good. I could even let the ghost designs slide but the people writing the new movie don't get the old one and christ it's not like the actresses they have couldn't work on creating some amusing chemistry if they put the effort in. But that apparently isn't what sony wanted.

So we get two trailers that look bad, and a concerted effort to attack anyone who criticizes the movie based on the chromosomes of the leading characters. Near as I can tell it's the hollywood spin machine spinning out of control as slacktivists hop on board.

Joke's on them, James is probably getting mad clicks over this shit.
>>
The fact that Nick Spencer, made Captain America. A symbol of America into a Hydra agent is disgusting and falls in line with the Left hatred of America. The fact that he made sensible policies like protecting borders, and not allowing a nation to be overrun by extremists into an Hydra position speaks volumes to the level of maturity he has. Captain America should not be used as an SJW soap boax but as a way to showcase what makes America exceptional.
>>
NAH MARVEL LOVES THIS COMMIE BULLSHIT

HOPE EVERYONE THERE DIES
>>
>>83208464
Get hyped for LMD Ward.
>>
>>83226756
They spelled out he wasn't dead in the very comic that "killed" him. Nobody knew or cared because they flat out immediately admitted it wasn't real.

Also because Death of Superman was really a one time thing. Nobody cared about comicbook death after that.
>>
>>83239070

> he made sensible policies like protecting borders, and not allowing a nation to be overrun by extremists into an Hydra

Rovio needs to buy Marvel comics, then they can retcon Hydra into being the good guys all along.
>>
File: ennisnickfury6.jpg (60KB, 400x602px) Image search: [Google]
ennisnickfury6.jpg
60KB, 400x602px
Marvel shits on a writer's story just because some movie star got pissed off about it? Naw. That'd never happen.
>>
>>83240829
Who got pissed off at Ennis' Fury? It wasn't Jackson, was it?
>>
File: Citation Needed.jpg (14KB, 156x166px) Image search: [Google]
Citation Needed.jpg
14KB, 156x166px
>>83205699
>>
>>83240893
Greorge Clooney's reps. They wanted him for a Fury movie, waaay before the MCU.
>>
>>83240829

Clooney. He was going to do a Nick Fury movie until his guys read the Fury MAX comic and backed away from it as fast as possible.
>>
>>83205768
>They're just starting to not suck again
i dont think Moore thinks the same
>>
>>83207867
Spiderman doing a deal with the Devil to divorce. They've never topped this.
>>
>>83239070
It obviously makes no sense for a group of people that hates islamic refugees to start blowing themselves up, just like the islamic terrorists do. They had to put that in to stop people from empathising with Red Skull after his red pill speech.
>>
So capt finally joined the good guys. Who cares?
>>
File: 673gx5dWfT4.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
673gx5dWfT4.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>
Don't you guys love how Tony Stark is totally a double agent for Kang and Peter Parker is just a clone made by Jackal?

And remember when Mark Waid made Barry Allen come back in The Return of Barry Allen? I can't believe they just made him evil and he stayed a villain until this day.

I'm sure this will have totally nothing to do with Red Skull boasting about having a master plan before.

Marvel is changed forever now that this is revealed and Captain America will be the next big villain in the MCU after Thanos.
>>
Is it or is not Red Skull memory planting?

Because if it is, how can anyone actually be pissed about this? Hell, even if it isn't, it's just fucking fiction! It's barely a new idea!

I don't understand any of this at all.
>>
>>83211334
You think people actually read the comic?
>>
>...continued
There are also recent reports that Spencer has actually begun raising money for a campaign in which he will travel cross country and fuck the grandmother's of all who disagree with his sjw soap boxing.
When asked how could he possibly fuck that many grandmother's and what the acts implications would be ethically Nick Spencer replied only "You shut your mouth or your grandma is next. I swear I'll fuck her twice."
Thread posts: 409
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.