[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE DREAM IS DEAD CRACK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 521
Thread images: 43

File: image.jpg (241KB, 1034x1040px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241KB, 1034x1040px
So now that X-Men Apocalypse has flopped and bombed, what will happen to Fox and the X-Men franchise?
Wil Fox make a deal with Marvel Studios to put Wolverine in a movie and have MS make their X-Men movies?
Will Fox focus on Deadpool and put him in everything?
>>
>>83104058
>that number
The hypercrisis is real.
>>
>>83104058
They need to sell the franchise off for sure, no reason to keep a series at isn't making any money. Not to the MCU though, we don't need them in the universe. Or maybe the X-Men would be their own thing in their own self contained XMCU.
>>
>>83104058
>So now that X-Men Apocalypse has flopped and bombed, what will happen to Fox and the X-Men franchise?

It hasn't bomb'd yet, but it's not looking good.

>Wil Fox make a deal with Marvel Studios to put Wolverine in a movie and have MS make their X-Men movies?

No. Jackman is retiring from the role due to his age and the physical demands of a fighting role (as opposed to a more general action role like Iron Man). He can't keep lifting forever.

Rupert Murdoch doesn't share. The last time he tried, he ended up paying for a $500m divorce settlement.

>Will Fox focus on Deadpool and put him in everything?

Possibly? The first problem is that they've likely only got Reynolds for another movie as it stands - remember, when they signed him he wasn't huge, and he's already made two for them. Jennifer Lawrence was only on a three-picture deal, so if Reynolds signed up for the same, he's renegotiating after the next one, and if it does just as well, he'll cost a lot of money, especially if his other non-Deadpool movies start taking off in the meantime. There's a reason they're not getting Lawrence back, and it's not fan reaction - FOX are too cheap to hire her back. They can afford a big star or an ensemble of lesser names, but not both.

The second problem is that FOX likely has to make an X-Men movie every now and then to keep the rights. That means either Deadpool has to come out of R, or the X-Men have to go into it for the sake of brand clarity. They're unlikely to want to make them all R from here on out - unrated DVD releases are one thing, but R-ratings hurt grosses as a general rule. Even the Matrix movies couldn't keep it up, and they were huge.
>>
>>83104058
>Deadpool 2
>Deadpool and the X-Men
>Deadpool 3
>Deadpool and Domino
>The Deadpool
>Deadpool kills the X-Men Universe
>>
>>83104058
They should just give the X-Men rights back to Marvel Studios. They belong to Marvel anyway.
>>
>>83104058
>flopped and bombed
>still not out in America

You drones are the kind of ppl I could convince to burn all the Jews.
>>
>>83104370
The MCU needs the Fantastic Four and their related characters, but it's too late for the X-Men.
>>
>>83104058
>So now that X-Men Apocalypse has flopped and bombed, what will happen to Fox and the X-Men franchise?

I love this meme. It's the third largest X-men opening ever in foreign first weekend sales yet somehow it has already bombed because it didn't immediately break all records.
>>
>>83104370
die
>>
>>83104112
We need only Deadpool, girls, villains and Wolverine. Nobody gives fuck about Magneto and Cyclops.
>>
>>83104338
Now that sounds interesting, even a good plot for a reboot for the X-Men Universe should the time come.
>>
It hasn't come out yet anon
>>
>implying numbers made by disney shills and paid off reviewers matter
>>
>>83104554
>if a movie I liked got bad reviews, it's because of shills and paid off reviewers
>>
We still have New mutants, deadpool 2, Wolverine 3, Gambit, x-force and maybe another x-men movie with the Phoenix.
>>
Daily reminder that Aocalypse just had the biggest opening in the franchise and has yet to be released in China and USA

The only dead dream is getting the rights back

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/x-men_apocalypse/box-office-x-men-apocalypse-is-the-1-movie-in-the-world-a141950

Its also number in 71 of 75 territories released.
>>
>>83104625
Who honestly wants Tatum helmed Gambit movie? He ought to be in the X-men movies, everyone knows his solo stories are absolute shit
>>
>>83104416
BvS made money too. Doesn't change that it was hated. And X-Men Apocalypse is the worse X-Men movie since Wolverine Origins (it even has a lower RT score than X-Men the last Stand). It's being trashed by critics and auidiences. Fox can't keep putting out bad movies (especially after Trank4stic)

Meanwhile, Captain America Civil War is the Citizen Kane of cape cinema.

Fox should work with Marvel Studios
>>
>>83104785
>And X-Men Apocalypse is the worse X-Men movie since Wolverine Origins (it even has a lower RT score than X-Men the last Stand)

Which is ridiculous considering it's easily the third best X-men movie to date. Critics crying it's the same shit as always is hilarious considering how much they love the stale as fuck MCU formula.
>>
>>83104641
And yet it has a lower Rotten Tomatoes score than Man of Steel and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and X-Men the Last Stand :/
>>
>>83104770
He got signed to be Gambit all way before Last Stand, iirc. And he's fan of character so...
>>
>X-Men films will continuously degrade in quality, never quite as bad as X3 but each one more boring than the last
>Marvel will continue shitting on the characters I grew up reading/watching because they don't have the cinematic rights
>so here come the Inhumans, the sort of mutants nobody cares about

god damn it
>>
>>83104770
Well it seem Tatum has a Ryan Reynold case where he wanted to be Gambit for a long time too and the movie is being made because of him
>>
>>83104058
Het rid of Singer. He's fucking stale.

Get some fresh blood. Like the Deadpool director.

Make better costumes.
>>
>>83104868
It's like a curse of the trilogy: first one is good, second is great and the third one falls short.
>>
>>83104824
>X-Men makes cookie cutter films
>critics: Oh this is so boring! Nothing new offered, everything is very cookie cutter, what is wrong with Fox!?!

>Marvel makes another cookie-cutter film
>critics: Wow, so much fun! Just turn off your brain, it's pure fun! Fun! Fun! <Mickey Mouse laughing intensifies>
>>
>>83104112
Apocalypse has made more overseas than DoFP did apparently

>>83104281
Reynolds lives for Deadpool, of course he'll do another film

>>83104446
absolute shit taste
>>
>>83104416
Are you including Deadpool in that?

Because third largest in X-Men would put it in the Pretty Fucked zone considering what they're known to have spent on this one.

>>83104641
Come on, which is it? Largest? Third largest?

None of you seem to know.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the overseas reporting - right now New Zealand is showing five times the number of theaters DoFP played to, which, given that DoFP apparently made $1,840,230 per showing, ought to put XMA on $276,034,500 just from New Zealand alone. Clearly this is not the case and we should view these figures with some caution.

However if the opening weekends are anything to guess by, then it's going to end somewhere between $351,035,810 (based on Australia, compared to Deadpool, and bearing in mind it's in 20% more theaters than Deadpool so the distribution will take a bigger bite out of that) and $381,560,663 (based on the UK). These are two of the largest overseas markets, and they're usually in line with expectations for the US market. Either of these results would be a financial disaster.

Another point worth making here is that the X-Men, in common with a lot of franchises (and not just superheroes), have often experienced falling domestic grosses matched by rising internationals across the progression of sequels. This can often result in a higher overall gross despite a drastic hit to the domestic - but it can also result in nothing more than a lesser contraction of gross. It's not looking good for the international based on these openers - what's different is that it's opened in a lot of places simultaneously, allowing someone to sit down and do some calculations and say "opening weekend high", purely because nobody's really done that before so there's no data to contradict it.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 500x750px
>Critics: This movie suck
>/co/: That's it! FOX is finished!
look at you people, thinking that reviews matter
>>
>>83104370

Fox should also repay Marvel 50% of the profits they made with the X-Men movies, that money belongs to Marvel anyway.
>>
>>83105046
what about civil war was cookie cutter?
>>
>>83105046
>BvS has a shitty CGI creature
>Critics: shitty CG! Looks like the cave troll!

>TFA has a shitty CGI Schmiegel looking mother fucker
>Critics: Such compelling Villain! So great! Such a nerd!
>>
>>83105104
>daily reminder Mad Max: Fury Road lost its opening weekend to Pitch Perfect 2
>reminder Minions is #2 highest grossing animated film in U.S. of all time
>reminder Frozen is #1
>reminder all 4 Transformer films made lots of change while Pacific Rim flopped
>reminder that the same weekend Pacific Rim flopped Grown-Ups 2 made buckets of cash
>reminder Edge of Tomorrow flopped
>reminder How to Train Your Dragon 2 disappointed
>reminder the Twilight films were all financial successes

>implying public taste in movies isn't 100% absolute shit
>>
>>83104112
>Not to the MCU though, we don't need them in the universe.

I don't give a shit.

I want them in the MCU purely so that Marvel will stop pushing this nuhumans shit and start giving us good X-Men comics again. We haven't had a new X-Men story in years, solely because Marvel don't want to give FOX more material.
>>
>>83105098
But will he do another one after that at the same rate is the question. If the movies consistently make $700m, shouldn't he be asking for more money?

>>83104770
Apparently nobody. It's gone quiet.
>>
>>83104785
>Fox can't keep putting out bad movies

But they're not, the reception to their previous three installments in the X-franchise where overwhelmingly positive. Heck Days of Future Past has a higher RT score the 'Citizen Kane of cape cinema'.
>>
>>83104978
They had something good going with Vaughn.

Who did Singer threaten to out has part of the "Hollywood Club" to get brought back in?
>>
>>83104058
Not surprised. I mean I loved it, but this just means it was divisive than anything else.
>>
If there's a more fickle community than /cotv/, i've yet to find it.
>>
>>83105240
Shhh... don't try talking logic to Disneyfags.

They won't be happy until the house of mouse has a complete monopoly on every franchise in Hollywood.
>>
>>83105291
But anon. The fun. MUH FUN, ANON, MUH FUN.
>>
>>83105322
Don't forget MUH OSCARS! MUH TOTES LEGIT BEST ANIMATED FEATURE OSCARS!!
>>
>>83104058
No, but please try not to alter your pasta too much so it doesn't get past my filter, thanks.
>>
is there any information about the movie being a commercial flop and not profitable?
from what I read it made 100 million in the foreign markets in one week, and you still have the USA and 1/3 of the foreign markets.

It may not make a billion, but even if it makes 500 million that will be enough to not give it back.
>>
So either fire Singer or minimize his influence
>>
>last movies were critical and financial successes
>one low rt score
>"all their movies have been bad give the rights back"

I'm not one to cry shill but some people make me wonder
>>
>>83105240
>>83105479
X1&2 only got high RT core because they came out at a time where there weren't good cape films (like the Raimi Spider-Man films). People ate the movies up because there was no better alternative. And DoFP only got good press because it tugged at people's nostalghia goggles (like Jurrasic World and The Force Awakens)
Now Marvel Studios (Capekino) exists. People can now watch QUALITY cape films. If the X-Men films were released today, they would be trashed as being not fun (unlike MCU)
>>
>>83105105
>Implying that Fox's accounts wouldn't just make any profits disappear

I'm not sure if you are really that dumb or really that naive
>>
>>83104058
you should have used the IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT scene.
>>
shouldn't money be more appropriate than metascores to decide a serie's death?
transformers is shit but still prints money.
>>
>>83104338
>The Deadpool
>not The Dead and the Pool

>2Dead2Pool
>>
>>83105595
Wow....

Could you be any more of a fucking shill?
>>
>>83105595
>>83104785
>>83105105

Let me guess... samefag?
>>
>>83104370
Diseny should just own everything. Can't wait for Disneys Godzilla, Planets of the apes and Mad Max.
>>
>>83104785
>Captain America Civil War is the Citizen Kane of cape cinema
You mean a movie who falls apart within the first 10 minutes because the first 10 minutes has such a gigantic plot hole the rest of the premise falls apart?
>>
>>83105895
What plot hole?
>>
>>83105164
Frozen is actually great tho
>>
>>83105992
Nobody was in the room to hear him say Rosebud

Nobody was close enough to be able to hear him say Rosebud
>>
>i liked apocalypse more than civil war
my coworkers have SHIT taste i can't wait to leave this country
>>
>>83106075
Liking a movie does not mean you think it's better.
>>
>>83106001
>Frozen
>great

Pick one.
>>
>>83106021
I thought you were talking about Civil War.

I did know about the Rosebud thing and it only took me three rewatches to catch it
>>
>>83106103
what's the difference between the two concepts to plebs?

also what's with all the french street sign captchas?
>>
>>83106110
It's better than X-Men Apocalypse
>>
>>83106121
Talking about both really, because whenever someone brings up Citizen Kane like a grand masterpiece who can not be touched I just bring up that massive plothole.
>>
>>83105170
It'd be so easy to do, too.

>X-Men? Mutants? How come we've never heard of you
>We've got the greatest telepaths in the world. We routinely mindrape anyone who finds us and erase their memories of us, for our safety. But now that there's superheroes all over, maybe we can give coexistence a shot.
>>
>>83106295
>what, you mindwiped people who learned who you people are?
>send in the Sentinels
Xavier was a mistake.
>>
>>83106021
The audience was, anon. That's all that really matters.
>>
>>83105747
Or Captain Deadpool
>>
>>83106143
You are indeed a faggot.
>>
>>83106295
>>83106375
It worked for X-Men evolution
>>
>>83105170
Fuck that. I blame the whole "mutants as a hated minority" concept for how retarded the writers make the average Marvel citizen. If that didn't create the problem than it definitely exacerbated it.
>>
>>83104785
>Captain America Civil War is the Citizen Kane of cape cinema
But CA:CW wasn't a shitty, overrated and only deemed "good" and "a classic" because it was an old movie
>>
>>83106589
A few years ago they partially dropped that when the X-men moved to San Francisco
>>
>>83106375
>Xavier was a mistake.
By now, that's canonically true.
>>
>>83104583
Whoa anon we don't use logic in comparing companies
>>
>>83105164
Edge of Tomorrow was SHIT
>>
>>83106001
It was absolutely amazing first time I watched it.
>>
File: 1454249511108.jpg (138KB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
1454249511108.jpg
138KB, 500x459px
>>83105164
>Pacific Rim flopped
>reminder Edge of Tomorrow flopped
They didn't and stop spreading the lie that they did.
>>
>>83104058
The problem is that the bigbad Apocalypse was lame. He was boring, over-acting, and lame. And considering his name is in the title, that's a huge disappointment.

Zemo from Captain America Civil War. Or even the Mandarin from Iron Man 3.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 125x125px
>>83105322
But anon the mouse makes way better movies than other studios . Why so salty
>>
File: 143079487818.png (427KB, 601x706px) Image search: [Google]
143079487818.png
427KB, 601x706px
>mfw all these mad as fuck losers
Blame Fox and WB, not us.
>>
>>83104058
>Give J-Law more screen time.

Why? It was cool when it was just Mutant-Malcolm X vs Mutant-Martin Luther King. How does Mystique fit into this? She isn't at all nearly as interesting and doesn't have nearly as a good actress playing her. I don't know if the rumors that J-Law doesn't even bother wearing the blue get-up are true because J-Law, but it is, then that's just lazy effort on J-Law's part.
>>
>>83106001
wow, just wow
>>
>>83104829
Ok take a step back does Rotten Tomatoes really mean shit. I mean there making there money back with profit so really Rotten Tomatoes means jack shit. Face it Disney is never getting the rights back unless it bombs financially not what critics say about it.
>>
>>83106912
She doesnt. Thats why she barely appears in the movie.
>>
>>83106001

I actually agree, Frozen is great. /co/'s gotta be contrarian tho'.
>>
>>83106941
Oh no, they can keep the X-Men, it would be a clusterfuck to introduce them this late.
I want the Fantastic 4 ones.
>>
>>83106912
Because Hunger Games and because Hollywood says you like her.

Thankfully many of the critics didn't like her in this movie (JLaw REALLY really gave a half-assed performance. Everyone could tell she was bored as hell). Hopefully they get rid of her for the sequel.
>>
>>83106591
>calls Citizen Kane "shitty"
>thinks CA:CW is good

The internet was a mistake...

>>83106750
Right, while Minions and Grown Ups 2 were pure kino, right?
>>
>>83106583
It's true though. Frozen is objectively better than X-men Apocalypse.
>>
>>83107028
They were all shit.

I'll take the opportunity to ask, what is this Kino shit I keep seeing spilling out of /tv/?
>>
>>83107055
>>83106983
>>83106001

How much does Disney pay you to post here?
Can you make a living off it? If so, I might want to consider a career change...
>>
>>83107057
Kinography is the highest form of cinema.
It's definition is ''Movement made art.''
>>
>>83107057
>what is this Kino shit I keep seeing spilling out of /tv/?
Autism, like everything that comes out of /tv/
>>
>>83107017

I like JLaw but she needs the right director behind her to actually make it work. She was good in Winter's Bone and is honestly pretty good in the Hunger Games movies, but it's clear she doesn't give a shit about the X-Men movies and David O Russell just brings out the worst, hammiest performances from her.
>>
>>83107065
Working as Internet shill is terrible.
>>
>>83107072
It's /tv/ autism is what it is, and nothing more.
>>
>>83107057
A good movie to me
>good (at least decent) story that isn't 100% predictable
>decent pacing
>good acting
>good characters
>good cinematography
>a strong director's vision
>good/memorable score
>some depth and symbolism doesn't hurt

So what is a good movie to you?
>>
File: Godzilla.jpg (64KB, 419x429px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla.jpg
64KB, 419x429px
>>83107065
I don't even like Frozen that much but Apocalypse is just shittier in comparison.
>>
Would the Fantastic 4 and X-Men even fit into the MCU?
>>
>>83107108
F4 yes. X-Men not.
>>
>>83107017
I heard she was sick of playing her X-Men role. Hopefully, she gives it up and moves on. We need a hotter Mystique.
>>
>>83107057
>what is this Kino shit I keep seeing spilling out of /tv/?
Anything that isnt a cookie cutter block buster. Anything with artistic merit and unique directing vision.

In other words anything thats is not the MCU
>>
>>83107108
>>83107118
Prof X keeps mutants a secret until they are exposed. Like in X-Men evolution.
>>
>>83107096
These are all good points, and EoT had none of them.

Also it had absolutely no internal consistency.
>>
File: 27%.jpg (3MB, 5611x2000px) Image search: [Google]
27%.jpg
3MB, 5611x2000px
>>83107157
>2 months later
>still mad
>>
>>83107174
Fair enough, but you didn't answer my question.

What movie do you like?
>>
>>83104058
NEVER EVER MCU

As long as we have Quickmemes and Redditpool you are not getting the rights back.
>>
>>83107157
So kino is "horrible things boring people pretend to like to make themselves look interesting"
>>
>>83107169
I'm memeing how X-Men organically don't fit in MCU, pay no attention.
>>
>>83107228
Oh no, the X-Men you can keep them, but Fantastic 4 is coming back.
>>
>>83107233
More like "interesting things that bore plebs to death".

See Ang Lee's Hulk, the only real cape kino outside the BvS memes
>>
>>83107260
I guess we can have a deal. It would be interesting to see a comic accurate Galactus and Doom after all.

Do you have...mhhh..how do I put it? Do you mhh...how about you let that new Spider-man come to one of my parties, we can talk about the f4 migration and business better at the pool.
>>
File: bryan singer.jpg (429KB, 1047x1572px) Image search: [Google]
bryan singer.jpg
429KB, 1047x1572px
>Leave twinkino to me.
>>
>>83107228
That smug chink behind Singer knows the rights are never coming back.
>>
>>83107221
I like the MCU movies, but don't hold them in any kind of high regard.

More seriously, I really like the works of Charlie Kaufman, the Coen brothers, Iñaritu, and so on. I know that's not exactly an obscure opinion but hey.

I've also been following Edward Wright's works since his Spaced days, and I think he's one of the few current directors who understands how to make good use of motion in narrative, action and comedy.
>>
>>83104058
Did better twice as well as Superman vs Batman.
>>
>>83104058
>flopped
>bombed
source?
>>
>>83107287
Ang Lee's Hulk is what happens when you definitely have something you want to say but no clear view of what that is or how to say it. It could have been beautiful, had someone being paying attention to the actual film long enough to notice that it was a poorly-paced, badly-written mess.

BvS is just shallow pretentious bullshit from the get-go. There's no vision there, only unwarranted self-importance.
>>
>>83104058
Just get someone else to direct X-Men's next following movies, that's all they need to do.
How about Brad Bird?
>>
>Sell back the rights
>Before the USA/China release.

It's becoming pretty obvious that certain groups are really pushing agendas on social media. I won't go so far as to say that Disney itself is behind it, but damn people have been emboldened by Marvel getting to use Spider-Man.

Having the mutants in their own separate universe is actually a GOOD thing. We have decades of universe discontinuity problems because of the X-men and general Marvel Universe just not mixing well together.

The only thing that might be nice is if Marvel can hammer out a deal to use the FF like they are using Spider-Man. I know it's a pipe dream because of how bad the professional relationship is between Marvel and Fox, but I hope something happens.
>>
>>83105322
X-Men Apocalypse is the most fun X-Men movie to date
>>
>>83107363
Inaritu is crap.
>>
>>83105370
shhh. you spoil the disney narrative
anyone who saw the movie loved
>>
>>83107385
It hasn't flopped, but it has made only 3 million more than DOFP's opening, and the mediocre reviews might turn off people from going.
>>
>>83107421
Say what you will about Revenant and Birdman (which are still good, but maybe not as brilliant as everyone claims), but Babel and 21 Grams were excellent.
>>
>>83106984
you'll get neither :^)
>>
>>83107441
>anyone who saw the movie loved

Found the shill.
>>
>>83107363
I hold them in pretty high regard for what they are.

They're not Barry Lyndon, and they're not Zerkalo, or Birdman or Calvary, if you want something more modern. But they're not designed to be that either. They're very good action films with enjoyable characters and, quite often, very clear and well-managed themes. And that's pretty much what you ask for from a straight up action film. Hell, that's generally more than you ask for. People who call the MCU stuff generic don't remember that an actual generic action film looks more like a Fast&Furious film, or some other equitable tripe.
>>
File: lel.png (5KB, 185x186px) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
5KB, 185x186px
>>83107105
you can keep being buttblasted Millar prefered Apocalypse over Civil War. Do you know Mark Millar? The guy who actually wrote Civil War: The comic?
>>
>>83107509
Then Disney will sue them for making F4 movies only meant to keep the rights and they'll get those rights for free.
>>
>>83105370
The movie used half the budget of BvS and CW. Also half the marketing. It will start making money at 500m instead of the 800m needed for both BvS and CW (marvel still gets more money from merchandising but thats outside the movie itself).

Anyone thinking this has to make 1b is completely clueless.

>>83107363
I loved how Keaton made that anti-blockbuster anti-capeshit movie with Iñaritu and once it saved his career he said "well there you go Iñaritu, Im going back to capeshit, thanks for the memes, AMIGO!"
>>
>>83107538
>The guy who actually wrote Civil War: The comic?

Of course the person who wrote such garbage likes Apocalypse.
>>
>>83107478
It's actually not bad considering that the movie lacks Wolverine except cameo
>>
>>83107563
Birdman wasn't really anti-blockbuster or anti-capeshit.

It poked fun at these things, but the film was more about ego than any meta commentary on the state of film-making.
>>
>>83107513
You know what, I can be a shill. At least there will be a balance, as you drones are insufferable

>>83107570
Lel. Both movie and comic are garbage. Albeit movie is more of a garbage
>>
>>83104058
I'm getting real sick of these threads.

Even if Apocalypse does flop, which is obviously won't, Fox wouldn't sell back the rights at all. Deadpool crushed records and they have plans for X-men movies probably for the next 10 years.

Its guaranteed money.
>>
>>83107627
>Lel. Both movie and comic are garbage. Albeit movie is more of a garbage

t. contrarian
Your opinion is irrelevant.
>>
>>83107406
>Having the mutants in their own separate universe is actually a GOOD thing.
It isn't though. The X-Men belong in the same universe as the Avengers. They are family. Plus the MCU would actually treat the X-Men with respect.
>>
>>83107388
>was a poorly-paced, badly-written mess.
See? I told you kino bore plebs to death.
>>
>>83107634
Marveldrones are buttblasted because Apocalypse has good word of mouth
>>
>>83107634
>have plans for X-men movies probably for the next 10 years
Like a Sinister Six movie, and one based on Aunt May, and one for Venom ...
>>
>>83107563
I think it's annoying that the Oscars gave BP, Director, Screenplay, and Cinematography to a film that shit all over capeshit...

And then they gave Best Animated feature to Big Hero 6 -- a capeshit film, and arguably worse than three films nominated (plus the fourth, un-nominated Lego Movie) -- it's as if they wanted to confirm that they only see animation as a kid's medium and since capeshit is for kids they felt okay giving Disney an un-deserved award.
>>
>>83107541
>Then Disney will sue them

/tvirgins/ already shitposting?

Thie thread is SHIT, mods, where are you?
>>
>>83107663
Source?
4chan's opinion is completely irrelevant, let me remind you.
>>
>>83104502
>that sounds interesting
You have to be over 18 to post here.
>>
>>83107645
t. marvelshill

your opinion is like your mouse overlord: garbage

>>83107656
Just like they did with Spider-Man? Enjoy Stark fucking Aunt May.
>>
>>83107684
It's true, look it up, if they blatantly make movies to keep the rights they can sue them.
>>
>>83107685
Do you know what a "word of mouth" is?
A. Word. Of. Mouth.

>>83107684
Let's do our duty and report this thread
>>
File: bait-patrick.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
bait-patrick.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>83107627
>lel.
>more of a garbage
>trusting the opinion of the guy who wrote Trouble
>implying the movie was worse than the comic
>>
>>83107410
Rotten Tomatoes disagrees

Civil War was more fun senpai
>>
>>83107656
>Plus the MCU would actually treat the X-Men with respect.
No, they wouldnt. See Wanda and her shitty outfit that looks nothing like the leotard from the comic books. When Psylocke gets a more accurate costume with the Foxmen than Wanda in the MCU you see that the "accurate treatment bs"' doesnt fly anymore.

And no, they are not family. Cap is a faggot and always was a faggot to the X-men. See the last 20 years of comic books. They only give Wolverine a free pass.
>>
>>83107717
>Let's do our duty and report this thread

Yeah, better nuke this now that you are getting mad as fuck.
>>
>>83107627
>Albeit movie is more of a garbage

Yeah lets be honest, the movie had ZERO stakes and nothing important really happend beyond introducing Black Panther and Spider-man.
>>
>>83107728
And that's all Psylocke has, an outfit, that's all there is to that character because she has less lines than the plot device that Magneto's wife was.
>>
>>83107720
more spongebob pls, or evans. the thread is already cancerous

>>83107726
What Rotten Tomatoes think of boxers? Or are standard panties okay?
>>
>>83107657
It was a bad film. Kino is a ridiculous term, but if that's the phrase the kids are using these days to describe great cinema, it doesn't include Hulk. Hulk does not belong in the same category as something like Stalker.

>>83107672
Birdman was actually good though.

The problem with the Oscars and animation is that none of the judges actually watched any of the films they were judging.
>>
>>83107685
The quickmeme scene is getting good word of mouth.

Now the impossible happened, and the mcudrones are complaining about lighthearted fun and memes because movies are serious business!
>>
>>83107706

No, it doesn't work like that you fucking idiot, everybody knows it.

Your trolling is as gay as Chris evans laughing.
>>
>>83107663
>good word of mouth
>RT score less than MoS and ASM2
Suuuure....
>>
>>83107690
I'm sorry, why are you acting as if your opinion was relevant?

>>83107782
Source?
>>
>>83107734
I am mad for crack

>>83107758
It was mostly toys bitchslapping each other with shitty cgi
>>
>>83107770
Except they are putting her in X-force as main character.
>>
>>83107663

What? No it doesn't. I liked Apocalypse but the critical reaction is mixed and the fan reaction I've seen is actually way worse.

It turns out normal people don't like movies with no act structure and no main characters. Not particularly surprising. I liked it because it was weird and different, but the reaction to it has been flat-out bad from a lot of people.
>>
File: Stop Invincible Kek.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
Stop Invincible Kek.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>83107669
Why are you comparing Sony to Fox?

Fox owns a goddamn pantheon of characters, ripe for spinoff potential.

Sony ONLY had Spider-man, making their attempt at a viable universe extremely limited.

And beyond that Sony was literally making less and less money on the property with worse and worse films.
>>
>>83107770
So? Nobody is fan of Psylocke because of her personality.
>>
>>83107803
And people loved it and it's the 4th most succesful superhero movie right now.
>>
>>83107801
>I'm sorry, why are you acting as if your opinion was relevant?
better question, why are you such a tool?
>>
>>83107770

Psylocke has her powers, MCU Wanda is a telekinetic-psychic, something she has never been in the comics.
>>
>>83107825
There are no fans of Psylocke.

>>83107833
Says the one fighting the establishment by defending the franchise no one truly cared about.
>>
>>83107801
I have friends that watched it 3 times because of that single scene and they tell their friends to watch it. Sure, I liked the movie, but not enough to watch it more than once at the theater.

Wait, you were expecting a source like a word of mouth detector or a study made by a famous college? You realize what word of mouth is?
>>
File: name this image.png (107KB, 277x316px) Image search: [Google]
name this image.png
107KB, 277x316px
X-Men will now just be co-stars and cameos for Deadpool to make fun of.
>>
>>83107831
People also love One Direction

Can someone explain to me one thing? Why are you so afraid of X-Men? Do they make you feel insecure? If they do bad, you gain nothing. If they do good, you lose nothing? Why are you so buttravaged?
>>
>>83107860
AYYY
>>
>>83107865
>anecdotal evidence
I could right now say that 3 of my friends hated it.
Post proof of that word of mouth.
>>
>>83107728
>>Plus the MCU would actually treat the X-Men with respect.

>Iron Man created Ultron despite Hank Pym being around.
>Falcon is a jock with a drone instead of a boy scout with an eagle.
>Scarlert Witch is shit, people like her because they like the actrees.
>Cap is not heartwarming.
>Tony was never alcoholic.
>Bruce Banner is not important.
>Ultron makes quips
>Baron Zemo is just a regular dude, not a nazi descendant.

/tvirgins/ should stop talking about comic book movies, you don't know shit and it shows.
>>
>>83107862
Or maybe I am tired of marveldrones shitting up any decent discussion? You have your own sandbox, go poop there. We don't want Assvengers hijacking X-Men, like in comics.
>>
>>83107886
>If they do bad, you gain nothing. If they do good, you lose nothing?
This. At this point you are not getting the rights back. Ever.
>>
>>83107886
Why are you projecting so much, drone?

>>83107860
>MCU Wanda is a telekinetic-psychic, something she has never been in the comics.
>>
>>83107904
Better show me where disney had touched you that you're such a faggot
>>
>>83104058
THE AGE OF MARVEL STUDIOS AND DISNEY HAS COME! EVERY SUPER HERO MOVIE WILL BOMB UNTIL THEY SELL RIGHTS!
>>
>>83107881
>yfw Deadpool Cinematic Universe
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 917x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 917x384px
>DoFP
>Mystique saved Logan from Weapon X
>X-Men Apocalypse
>Logan in Weapon X
>both directed by Singer
>>
>>83107904
>Proof of word of mouth
I knew mcudrones were retarded but not this much.

There literally cant be proof of word of mouth. Its not a document. Its not something you can quantify.
>>
>>83107919
There's no discussion about Fox's BvS.

>>83107953
Waiting for proof.
>>
>>83107935
You keep using the buzzwords, but I don't think you know what they mean dude

Does my happiness that we had a fun movie really triggers you? It's very telling that you have to start a flamewar over capeshit movie.
>>
>>83104058

This post reminds of yesterday, I was with my GF and she was sucking my dick so I told her that I wanted to fuck her doggy style so we did.

It has nothing to do with the thread but I know that /tvirgins/ get mad as hell when they heard about somebody getting laid, so there you go.
>>
>>83107815
>implying people actually care about quality films
>what is Minions, Frozen, Transformers, Twilight....
>>
>>83107976
So the ''good word of mouth'' thing came out of your ass?

>>83107990
But here you are, raging about everything.
>>
This large franchise of X-men movies and a little Deadpool on the side is going to become saturated with Deadpool within the next 3 years.
>>
>>83107985
Lel, keep waiting retard
>>
>>83107972
Explained in the movie. You dont have to watch it, but you dont have to repeat this meme.

Logan is captured later again by Striker.

This echoes the DoFP scene in which Beast says that time corrects itself and some things cannot be avoided.
>>
>>83108014
No, its from anecdotal evidence. You know... what word of mouth is..anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>83108019
I'll have to because there's none.

>>83108022
>Logan is captured later again by Striker.
So it was absolutely pointless?
Why put Mystique as Stryker in the first place?
>>
>>83108014
I am actually curious. Why are you so negative? Why do you even bother about the X-Men? They are in different league. They will not threaten your precious mcu. As a matter of fact, thanks to the fact, that X-Men are separate, you can enjoy Black Panther, GOTG, Ant-Man. Do you really want it to change?
>>
>>83108054
You know what is pointless? This thread.
>>
>>83108048
So it's irrelevant, gotcha.

>>83108058
Oh no, right now nothing can threaten the MCU, i'm just here to laugh at another failure.
>>
>>83107228
Good. X-Men don't belong in the MCU. The F4 rights at least do though. I've still got hopes for an at least halfway decent movie adaptation at some point in the future.
>>
>>83108054

>Why put Mystique as Stryker in the first place?

It was apparently a studio thing. People thought the movie ending with Wolverine just being taken by Stryker was "too sad" so they added the Mystique eyes thing at the last second to imply something happier.
>>
>>83108084
>i'm just here to laugh at another failure.
But why? How does X-Men affect your enjoyment of mcu? I really try to understand what is going on in your brain, because it's really disturbing

I hope that you won't go to school and start shooting people over that.
>>
>>83108079
We are here to poke fun at the movie.
>>
>>83108084
>right now nothing can threaten the MCU
Thanks for repeating what he is saying.

And he has a point. The fact that you dont own the X-men gave the MCU plenty of room to introduce less known characters. Good less known characters.
>>
>>83108130
>How does X-Men affect your enjoyment of mcu?
It doesn't, i'm here to laugh at this.
>>
>>83108137
But the movie was good? I mean, it's not like you watched it. It's not like you are invested in the characters. It's like I was laughing at how shitty Spider-Man, or Black Panther is, even if I have no interest in watching them ever.

It would be retarded
>>
>>83108084

Disney shills leave, nobody cares about your console wars.

Marvel vs Marvel, holy shit get laid loser faggots!
>>
>>83108175
>But the movie was good?

According to a few drones that want to hate the popular thing.
>>
>>83108171
Why? Did you watch the movie?
I don't remember x-fags coming to your threads and laughing about how retarded Civil War was. No one was interrupting in your fun. And then you wonder why people call you drones, shills, cucks.

But karma is a bitch.
>>
>>83108084
CW could have made 3 billions, Avengers could make 4 billions, but you will never ever be able to buy the X-men rights back. Doesnt matter how rich you are.

(not you, of course, you are a sad loser, I mean the jews at disney)
>>
These thread is just a bunch of /tv/ faggots shilling for disney.

Can we just move on and report? Clearly they don't want to discuss movies, just shipost.

We all know that /tv/ is the worse board by far so lets not allow /co/ to become just as bad.
>>
>>83104641
>$100 millions foreign
>Biggest opening
u wot

Both DoFP and Deadpool opened with around $130 millions (always foreign), and the latter was limited by the R-rating, and that's not counting China for both (DP had no China at all)
>>
>>83104058
>Will Fox focus on Deadpool and put him in everything?

Pretty much, to FOX he is the new wolverine now
>>
>>83108215
>I don't remember x-fags coming to your threads

Of course they can't, their franchise has had some of the worst superhero movies ever made, and everyone loved CW.
>>
Deadpool Cinematic Universe incoming.
>>
Whatever it takes for X-Men comics to be good again
>>
>>83108272
lel, you can't even reply something witty or original.
>>
>>83108215
Your shitty bosses are holding the X-Men and FF hostage and raping them out of Spite and Greed, Fox Employee.
They belong to Marvel studios. Of course fans are pissed.
>>
File: 1424471296090.jpg (81KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
1424471296090.jpg
81KB, 456x386px
Seriously people, report and ignore.

This is a bait thread ''now that the movie that hans't opened in most of the world flopped and bombed''

Are you people dumb or you just enjoy bait?
>>
I want to dedicate this song to MCUcks.
The song should satisfy their teenage angst
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsCD5XCu6CM
>>
>>83108301
I thought they were going to kill them in a few months with Death of X.

>>83108272
Are you talking about the foxverse or the mcu? Because even turds like Origins and X3 are better than Thor movies.
>>
File: cap.jpg (175KB, 527x518px) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
175KB, 527x518px
Report and igonre people, bait thread made by /tvirgins/ while they jerk off to Chris Evans pics.

Do you want to argue with THAT? Disney shills are the worse
>>
>>83108272
Kek, wow you're not even trying to hide the fact that you're a shill. Jesus Christ...
>>
>>83108326
>hostage
I don't remember gun pointed to marvel's head.
I guess that when marvel needed money, it was all right. You know, nothing stops Disney from buying X-Men. They have gazillion of dollars.

You know who is really raping The X-Men and FF? Disney. We would never get r-rated Deadpool, and we would never get DOFP, if the rights belonged to marvel. FF is another matter, but it's possible that it will come back.

>>83108328
don't worry, I did my duty. it's my last reply here
>>
>>83108326
Cant be raped more than Tony Stark and Thor in the MCU.

>But it was well received!
Yes, but its a completely new character that only shares the name with the comic book Tony Stark.

Just make X-men videogames, F4 videogames, then your own videogame universe and fuck off. You can make good money and tell good stories even if you dont have the movie rightd.
>>
>>83108388
>We would never get r-rated Deadpool
So much this.
>>
>>83108326
>they belong to Marvel

Man, you sure sound entitled considering you're more likely than not a random dude with no affiliation with Disney and don't personally profit from Marvel getting their properties....

Or am I wrong, and are you a Disney employee?
>>
These thread is now a waifu thread, claim your waifu before anyone else does.

Claimed!
>>
>>83108383
Chris Evans is a better actor than everyone in the X-Men franchise.
>>
File: 1443588555833.jpg (82KB, 624x808px) Image search: [Google]
1443588555833.jpg
82KB, 624x808px
>>83108453
>05/24/16(Tue)11:46:11 No.83108453

Big Barda is a waifu among waifus!
>>
>>83108453
thanks nippon
>>
>>83108330
>The song should satisfy their teenage angst

What you mean homie, we happy as hell right now. Everything falling in place for us.
>>
>>83108473

No, Chris Evans sucks, that's why nobody gives a shit about his movies outside the Marvel realm.
>>
>>83108397
>Just make X-men videogames, F4 videogames
They can't, Fox will sure them (because Fox are dicks). Marvel has to be careful creating X-Men/FF related license properties because Fox keeps trying to sue them (Fox is thr petty).
>>
File: 1451821241920.gif (2MB, 385x447px) Image search: [Google]
1451821241920.gif
2MB, 385x447px
X-men Evolution was the only time that I had a waifu or at the very least really wanted to date girls that were like those girls
>>
>>83105170
It's not like Marvel has any good comic pubblishing nowdays in general, to begin with. X-Men comics are mediocre, because most of the Marvel comics are shit, not because of the movie rights .
>>
>>83108473
Kek, don't make me laugh. Not even an X-Men fan really but...

>Hugh Jackman: 1 Oscar nomination
>Jennifer Lawrence: 1 Oscar win, 3 other nominations (even if I personally am sick of her...)
>Michael Fassbender: 2 Oscar nominations
>Ian McKellan: 2 Oscar nominations

Meanwhile...

>Chris Evans: 1 People's Choice Award
>>
>>83108341
>Are you talking about the foxverse or the mcu? Because even turds like Origins and X3 are better than Thor movies.

Not really, Thor movies are mediocre, but watchable.
Origins and X3 are legitimately bad movies.

>>83108385
Everyone who opposes you is a shill?
Being one of the few fans of this franchise it must be hard living.
>>
File: 1423586693415.jpg (80KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1423586693415.jpg
80KB, 600x800px
>>83108534

Then I started looking into real life waifus, getting laid and shit and leave all that faggotry behind
>>
File: I laugh, but deep inside I cry.jpg (7KB, 293x262px) Image search: [Google]
I laugh, but deep inside I cry.jpg
7KB, 293x262px
>>83108548
>People's Choice Award
>>
>>83108568
Fun fact.... I'm not a fan of the franchise. Hell, I don't have any plans to even see Apocalypse.

I just know a Disney shill when I see them.
>>
>>83108548
Only McKellan is a legitimately good actor in there, including Evans.

Hugh Jackman has never had range and has never had a succesful career outside of X-Men, Jennifer Lawrence got a pass for being the industry's sweetheart and Fassbender hasn't done anything remarkable ever aside from looking like a psycho Magneto, but that's because he has a good talent at showing no emotions.
>>
>>83108626
You actually should. Apocalypse was really spot-on with his speeches and philosophy.

The movie has flaws, but they are easily overlooked
>>
>>83108650
It was actually pretty bad.
The fact that only people who want to hate the MCU pretend to like it says enough.

It's a movie that drags on action scenes to hide the fact that there's no plot in it.
There's Apocalypse, he recruits guys, and you have to beat him, that's all.

Honorable mention to the fact that every single character aside from McAvoy and Fassbender is a complete miscast.
>>
I knew Havok was going to die.
With Cyclops in the franchise again, Singer already has his good ol' punching bag back.
>>
>>83108644
>Hugh Jackman has never had range and has never had a succesful career outside of X-Men

Oscar nomination for Le Misserables, singing like a mother fucker!

While Evans... I don't know his only rol that I remember outside Cap was on Scott Pilgrim and the Fantastic Four
>>
>>83108774
Les Misserables was a fucking cringefest.
Don't know how I managed to get to the credits.

>While Evans...
But I agree Evans is not a good actor.
>>
>>83108710

Buzzwords are not real opinions anon, try getting a life.
>>
>>83108710
Are you serious? Jubilee and Quicksilver was also a miscast? Nightcrawler was cute and awesome.
Cyclops is finally a leader of a team. Jean is a classy bitch, just like in comics.

Horsemen might have more development, but given how overloaded the cast was already, it would be stuffed. Hell, the movie was actually shortened.

You also get a final epic fight that is very very in vein of... mcu.

There are numerous great scenes. I feel like you didn't watch the movie, but just repeat some of the negative reviews.

The problem of the movie is that when you describe it, it sounds meh, but when you actually see it, it's astonishing.
>>
>>83108810
At this point the word 'buzzword' is a buzzword itself.
What buzzwords?
>>
>>83107151
If Olivia Munn, who lacks an Oscar, could demand comic-accurate outfit instead of Singer one, then I would be happy if next Mystique would ask for classic outfit too.
>>
>>83108710
>The fact that only people who want to hate the MCU pretend to like it says enough.
sadly this, remember how everyone bitched about AoU having dumb quips and an annoying villain with a simple motivation? Well, this is pretty much AoU, Apocalypse uses fucking satellites to learn that the earth is fucked up and in the same way as Ultron goes on a fit rage to seek his Horsemen to destroy the world.
And the saddest thing is that this movie shat all over the greatness that DofP was
>>
>>83107151
she recently said that if they want to employ her for next movie, they have to offer her a huge contract. I hope they won't, she is the only real flaw of the movie
>>
>>83108839
>>83108710
I can't tell who's the shill anymore of if they both are
>>
Does FF come into the MCU as a film series, Netflix show, or ABC show?
>>
>>83108839
I can't say anything about Jubilee because she shows no character and powers.
She has like 5 minutes of screentime.
Quicksilver was good, but because of the action, any decent actor with a white hair dye could do it.

Nightcrawler and Cyclops didn't show anything remarkable, can't say anything.

And fuck off, Sophie Turner is a fucking horrible actress.

>You also get a final epic fight that is very very in vein of... mcu.
I don't give a fuck about the MCU, and none of that has anything to do with casting.

>it's astonishing.
The fuck are you talking about.
>>
>>83108839
>Jubilee
yes this was a pointless cameo, she doesnt even shows her mutant powers at all, and just disappears after the mansion explosion scene. So yeah, pretty pointless
>>
>>83108913
Listen to your heart and go see the movie to see who is a shill, and who isn't
>>
>>83108771

I feel like maybe they could have framed the Havok death scene in a way that was less unintentionally hilarious.

Same thing with the death of Magneto's family. The slo-mo both times made them way funnier then they were intending.

>>83108839

>Cyclops is finally a leader of a team

Tye Sheridan was pretty good in this but he never really felt like team leader, they never gave him that big moment the character needed.

It was nice that they finally gave Scott some characterisation beyond nofunallowed though.
>>
>>83108894
I would compare it more with The Dark Knight Rises.
>>
>>83108929
>Nightcrawler and Cyclops didn't show anything remarkable, can't say anything.
Nightcrawler saved Charles
Cyclops saved teammates kidnapped by Weapon X
He also participated in the final fight.

Sophie was okay. She conveyed Jean really good.

I consider the movie a huge eye candy.
>>
>>83107728
>When Psylocke gets a more accurate costume with the Foxmen
You are aware it happened because of Munn, right? If not for her, Psylocke would wear GenericSingerOutfit#20
>>
>>83108839
>Cyclops
>leader of the team
>with Singer directing
Not a chance.

I wonder who's going to start making out with Jean in front of him in whatever sequel we get to this.
>>
>>83108955
In many ways, Apocalypse is memetic.
I won't be surprised if there will be memes
with Apocalypse rapeface, or "I'm disappoint, son", or "weaklings, weaklings everywhere".
>>
>>83108970
>Sophie Turner
>eye candy
She's the first young actress that I see balding.
>>
>>83108979
Just because Wolverine is famous and fox decided to spotlight him, doesn't mean that Singer hates him. However, it's true that Quicksilver might be the new focus.

>>83109021
I said that the movie was eye candy, not Sophie. Her balding actually might be in-character.
>>
Can someone explain to me how the fuck Jean used Phoenix force?
She's like 18 and she's more powerful than her 30 year old counterpart.

Seriously, the fact that this timeline's X-Men are born by destroying fucking Apocalypse is ridiculous.
>>
>>83109082
*Singer hates Cyclops.

also, in original X-Men 3 draft (by Singer), Cyclops was going to be the main focus. It's just that no one was really interested in doing X-Men 3, which is why it ended the way it did.
>>
>>83109021
To be honest, the hairstyle she got was really unflattering. I doubt that Munn or JLaw would look much better with hair all slicked back.
>>
File: Fieri Grips.jpg (42KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Fieri Grips.jpg
42KB, 540x540px
>>83107538
>implying that I liked Civil War in any medium
>>
File: 1420584562487.jpg (237KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1420584562487.jpg
237KB, 620x620px
>>83109082
>Her balding actually might be in-character.
>>
>>83108860
>next Mystique

No more Mystique please. If anything Apocalypse shoud've killed her off to make a point.
>>
>>83109107
*Singer hates all characters with surname Summers
>>
>>83109006
Let us not forget the lines:
>Magneto: Where were you we (the jews) needed you!!?!!
>Apocalypse: I..was..Sleeping...
Not shittying you, this is the straight up line and it supposed to be taken seriously
>>
>>83109126
It was a joke anon. Why so serious?
>>
>>83109155
He actually says that he was trapped in darkness.
Betrayed.

And Magneto doesn't mean jews actually.
>>
>>83109155
I wonder if /pol/ likes X-Men, considering the recurrying villain of the movies is a jew.
>>
>>83109138
True. What should be done is next director retconning Havok's death by reviving Darwin who existed as energy being surrounding Havok ever since Shaw fed him with Havok's blast.
>>
>>83109202
I doubt they know what X-Men are.
>>
>>83109152
This.
Havok only had 1 scene in DOFP, and he only brought him back in Apocalypse to kill him.
>>
>>83104281
If I were a fox executive, I'd keep Reynolds and ditch Lawrence, too.

I can forgive Green Lantern; Reynolds at least seems like a cool guy. Lawrence just comes off as a babyfaced, unlikeable person.

inb4 -insert reason I don't like the female actress here - nah, she seems like a bitch.

Shakira in live-action roles when?
>>
>>83108979

Cyclops gets personality in this movie, so I think Singer might be coming around on Scott as a character.

>>83109101

I was actually 100% fine with that. It's clear in the original films Charles was helping Jean lock away her more powerful aspects, but here a situation forced his hand into a different direction.
>>
>>83109233
That reminds me of Deadly Genesis.
>>
>>83109259
The creepiest part is that Apocalypse smiles when he sees Phoenix. Like he enjoyed being defeated.
>>
>Magneto kills millions and makes a mess of the world
>It's alright mate, you rebuilt the school I'll let you off.

This was unforgivable in my opinion. Seemed really out of character for Xavier, unless they made some kind of agreement where Magneto and Jean are going to travel the world and rebuild everything.
>>
>>83109320
Haven't watched the movie, when does he kill millions?
>>
>>83104370
Fuck. I can't avoid to think that this is the critics mindset.

I saw the movie and don't figure out so much flaws they pointed that the Marvel movies don't have. But, looks like every movie they made will be bashed until Marvel gets they fucking characters back.
>>
>>83109312
Heeey I noticed that too, maybe is because he realize that Jean was the strongest and you know "the weak should fear the strong".
>>
>>83109351
But Deadpool was praised by everyone.
>>
>>83109320
Wasn't it shown that Apocalypse influenced his horsemen? Also, if I remember correctly, Magneto got the Mystique solution, ie. the media told the world that Magneto helped X-Men in defeating the Apocalypse, which is why he got scot-free

But I agree that they could handle it better.
The problem is that the movie was over 2 hours long, so every extra minute would piss of reviewers even more.
>>
>>83109312
Apocalypse is all about survival of the fittest.
He understood that Jean with the phoenix power would be a bigger destroyer then he is.
>>
>>83109381
Yup. Also, he might have felt that she will finish, what he started. It was very comic booky moment, as Apocalypse doesn't care about winning, as much as throwing the gauntlet. It's literally his job, and his employers are Celestials (who are sort of hinted at the beginning of the movie, albeit I don't remember exactly how)
>>
>>83109312

>At last I see

I enjoyed all the ridiculously purple religious dialogue Apocalypse had in this. It took an actor of Oscar Isaac's calibre to not make it come off as just corny, but he had the right mix of sincere and Saturday morning cartoon villain.
>>
>>83109155
I will watch the movie this Thursday, but I am sure that nothing will make me cringe as much as this moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwI6BL9OxO4
>Magneto talks in English the entire scene
>"Polish" worker speaks with the most obvious American accent possible
It's like they were not even bothering.
>>
If they ever give the rights for xmen to MCU I hope they are from another earth , they can use Stephen to build the gap and its pretty obvious that MCU avengers needs some help because they're all hate each other
>Stephen who became the sorcerer supreme is from xmen world
>Stephen mentioned in CW actually died in the car crash
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8BobmZglOk
>>
>>83109421
Well we dont know, and may never know, if the Celestials can be share between Marvel and FOX.
>>
>>83109245
Just to finish killing of First Class characters.
Beast is basically the only recurring and not killed character in this franchise that was not introduced in a movie directed by Singer.
>>
>>83109348
Brings down a load of buildings, bridges etc. Millions might be an exaggeration but he certainly contributes to a lot of innocent casualties.
>>
>>83109423
There were numerous great Apoc moments, but my favorite is when he has a contact with tv, see the banker jews and hisses "unacceptable"

the second is when has a dispute with Xavier, and uses him to send a message to the world
>>
>>83109432
I feel bad for Polish people. They never get the proper presentation. Ever. Still, at least they used Polish-American actors (like Mags wife)

Much more triggering is that they changed the name of his kid from Anya to Nina.
>>
>>83109464
Marvel has celestials, but the thing is, the movie has a lot of easter eggs for fans, like Proteus
>>
File: celestial.webm (2MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
celestial.webm
2MB, 1920x800px
>>83109464
GOTG showed a celestial.
>>
>>83107917
>Iron Man created Ultron despite Hank Pym being around.
Yeah, thats bullshit. Fucking Whedon.
>Falcon is a jock with a drone instead of a boy scout with an eagle.
So?
>Scarlert Witch is shit, people like her because they like the actrees.
I hate to break this to you but SW is a shit character through and through.
>Cap is not heartwarming.
Opinions.
>Tony was never alcoholic.
To be fair, he clearly is and Favreau really did want to do Demon In A Bottle.
>Bruce Banner is not important.
He isn't in the 616 either, retard.
>Ultron makes quips
Everyone does with Whedon shit.
>Baron Zemo is just a regular dude, not a nazi descendant.
We actually don't know that. And there was nothing regular about Zemo, we know he was an elite special forces member of the Sokovian intelligence. There's so much they can and likely will add to his backstory.

You're bitching about mostly minor things and ignoring all the good shit they've done.
>>
>>83109544
that isnt a surprise for me, Singer commented that if he were to use another villain for the x-men movies he will use Proteus
>>
I work with Fox as an outside contractor. Have some scoops on a few upcoming releases.

- They're internally pitching the idea of Deadpool 2 for fall 2017.

- The plot of Wolverine III that was floating around here the past couple of days isn't real but some parts are close. The film is effectively a road movie with Logan and Prof. X with them on a collision course with X-23. Logan unambiguously dies at the end and X-23 takes over the Wolverine mantle.

- Fox is run by a bunch of dumb idiots who thought Deadpool was going to bomb as close to release as the Wednesday before it opened.

- Gambit is in disarray and Channing is one of the only things holding it together right now. Set in the 1990s with Gambit as part of a street gang in New Orleans. Heist movie.
>>
>>83109605
The way I see it, here is what we might get in the future, no matter how this movie perform
-Sinister
-Stryfe
-Proteus
-Imperial Guard
-Purifiers

Anyway, as much as I loved the movie, there is huuuuge room for improvement, I only hope that Singer won't feel discouraged from embracing the campy aspects of the X-Men.
>>
File: Smug Cheers Guy.jpg (21KB, 309x231px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Cheers Guy.jpg
21KB, 309x231px
>>83107538
Do you not know that Mark Miller is a literal Fox shill?

http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-millar-is-ready-to-face-off-with-marvel-studios-2015-6

lol
>>
>>83109652
Hey! That's cool! My father works for nintendo!
High five!
>>
>>83109652
To be fair, everyone thought Deadpool was going to bomb.
>>
>>83109678
Can't blame him.
>>
>>83109421
fa/tv/irgin here who wants to learn about this celestials , what do I read to learn about them? Thanks cucks
>>
>>83109512
Well, The Fugitive had Polish landlady and her son. The landlady was played by Polish woman, and if I remember right, the actor for son, while not Polish (at least from name), wasn't speaking with American accent.
>>
>>83109703
Yeah, it was a huge unknown. I wonder if the insane success of Deadpool made Disney a little nervous
>>
>>83109245
Havok was used really poorly considering his purpose was to be killed off as some sort of catalyst for Scott becoming part of the X-men or some shit hence the forced 'he wanted to you to be great' speech by Jean.

Should've had him killed in the final battle protecting Scott or something. Not dying like a fucking moron.
>>
>>83109731
Superhero movies flopping, be it MCU or others, will never be seen as something good by Disney because it means people lose interest in superhero movies.
>>
>>83109776
Frankly, as long as Disney movies don't flop, I don't think they will feel threatened. Albeit they were disappointed in AoU enough to fire Perlmutter, despite massive profit it earned.

The funny thing about marvel is that it dominates the market only to be the first to fall, and fall with a crash
>>
File: (you).jpg (136KB, 495x283px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
136KB, 495x283px
>>83108341
>Origins
>better than ANY of the bad MCU movies
>>
>>83109756
Havok actually is a moron, do you remember his m-word speech? I agree that they could give him a better death, but otherwise it was very in-character for havok to be hot-headed
>>
>>83109826
>Albeit they were disappointed in AoU enough to fire Perlmutter
You mean Whedon.
Perlmutter was kicked out because Feige was complained about him being a pain in the ass all the time and they listed to Feige because it was him who built the MCU.

>The funny thing about marvel is that it dominates the market only to be the first to fall
When Marvel falls they are taking DC and Fox with them because it'll mean people got tired of superhero movies.
>>
>>83109853

Its better than Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 I can tell you that much.

It feels just like an average Wolverine story focused on the action, nothing wrong with that.

While Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 took a shit on their respective franchaises.
>>
>>83109382
Intense marketing.

Don't saw so much marketing as Deadpool that appears in many sites and have clever outdoors, memes and shit.

This and different release dates between countries.

Every interaction now should have huge publicity if it wants to compete against Marvel.
>>
>>83109880
>When Marvel falls they are taking DC and Fox with them because it'll mean people got tired of superhero movies.
With that I agree, but only in half. X-Men produce movies since 1999, if superhero bubble bursts it means less profit, and cheaper made movies, and less frequently. But they will still produce them. DC has bigger problems on their heads at the moment, as they are not certain what they want to be, and how, and it comes from a person, who wishes DC well.
>>
>>83107886
>Why are you so afraid of X-Men
Because it's Adam and Eve not Adam and filthy mutant scum.
>>
File: 1456199416457.jpg (13KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1456199416457.jpg
13KB, 500x259px
>>83109724
pls help
>>
>>83109944
We had a thread about X-men not long time ago, and some anon posted some links to some websites specificially created to promote DOFP

The funny thing is that they are virtually unknown, despite being fucking awesome promo marketing. It's really weird that they went to such great lengths, and only few had chance to see them.

I can post the links if someone is curious
>>
>>83109101
Because in the new timeline Xavier is nurturing her powers rather than putting up the psychic blocks that would ultimately cause her to become the psycho Fenix from "X3".
>>
>>83110004
Will the mutant persecution ever ends?

Btw, the funniest thing about Apocalypse is that mutants are actually accepted in that movie, and it's Apoc, who is responsible for the fear and loathed thing
>>
I can't believe people want the fucking X Men in the MCU. It's a terrible fucking idea.
>>
>>83110018
Fox promoted the Trask Industries website and the timeline website rather lenghtly. Are there others.

BTW, Atlantis exists in the X-verse and Apocalypse sunk it, it's in the viral for the new movie. Namor when?
>>
>>83109351
What about days of future past
>>
Hopefully, Fox will sell their Fantastic Four rights back to Marvel, so we can get an MCU F4 movie starring Glenn Howerton as Reed Richards and Mark Hamill as Victor Von Doom
>>
File: mfw.png (57KB, 245x243px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
57KB, 245x243px
>>83109245
>>83109276
>inb4Singer killed him only to replace him with a twink actor younger than Cyke's actor, with explanation that he is one of the clones made by Mister Sinister
>>
>>83110058
>the funniest thing about Apocalypse is that mutants are actually accepted in that movie,
I take it that first class is canon in that movie, and they weren't exactly accepting mutants in that movie. But hey at least we get a nice full circle
>>
>>83110098
>BTW, Atlantis exists in the X-verse and Apocalypse sunk it, it's in the viral for the new movie.
What? I don't remember it?
>>
>>83110151
Apocalypse feels very mcu-ish to be quite honest.
Just like Deadpool did. It's really weird

I am more than certain that Singer was inspired by the Avengers, when he made Apocalypse
>>
File: 1461327781007_0.png (232KB, 442x446px) Image search: [Google]
1461327781007_0.png
232KB, 442x446px
>>83110186
I actually would want CIA play Reed , he can pull of the side grey hair and can act.
>>
>>83110278
If he's younger than Cyke, that would bring some balance. Too many things differ from the source material.
>>
>>83110332
Aidan Gillen would actually be my second pick for Doom if they couldn't get Hamill.
>>
>>83110285
In Apocalypse people are teaching about mutants in school. When Cyclops has his powers awakened, you don't see people going with torches and forks, or sending him to some government facility, but actually trying to help him.
>>
>>83110315
I get the feeling he liked gotg what with wanting to bring the x-men in space.
>>
File: Sabretooth.jpg (53KB, 550x649px) Image search: [Google]
Sabretooth.jpg
53KB, 550x649px
>>83109853
Well, it still has the best opening credits for the X-Men related movies. Including Deadpool.
Then again, I really liked Liev Shreiber as Sabertooth, so this movie is my guilty pleasure.
>>
>>83110415
Oh yeah, he did say that. Good point anon.
>>
>>83110394
Yes but the army still tried to nuke them all on the shores of Cuba
>>
>>83110442
I hope that he will return in Wolverine 3

>>83110502
barmy army. they wanted to nuke hippies during woodstock. does it mean that we should fear hippies? y e s
>>
>>83110349
I was not minding Havok's character, and even the actor seems nice guy. Kinda feel bad for him, especially that he was acting so hype about the movie.
>his favourite X-Men are Storm and Jubilee
>>
>>83110502
That was 20 years ago, in universe.
>>
>>83108474
this
but her love is pure and taken
>>
After so many X's movies, still relying on stars actor to sell the movies. It's time to give it up, give to more capable hands, like those guys at MS. Let them show Fox how this shit can be done and done right. While we're at it, let hang the prick singer at the gate of Fox as a warning or for the fun of it.
>>
>>83108084

Hardly irrelevant when the majority of sales get by on said word of mouth.
>>
>>83110812
It's irrelevant when there's no one to point out at any positive word of mouth going on.
>>
>>83110844

Because it's word of fucking mouth. What, you want me to get out a camera and record like ten-twenty people going 'that was an awesome movie! you should go see it' for you?
>>
>>83110567
His only problem was not being a well known enough actor.

I mean in regards to the movies it makes almost perfect sense for him to return to the school after the events of DoFP and give him a teacher/mentor role and then leading the teens into the final battle.
>>
>>83110911
Show some proof if you are so convinced that the word of mouth is positive.
>>
>>83107478
In my country everyone loved X-Men and we just think critics are paid by Disney.
>>
>>83111068
In my country everyone loved Civil War and they do public executions to people who don't.
See?
Anyone can do that.
>>
>>83110970

It's word of mouth you piece of shit. By definition, you hear people go 'cool movie, great movie, i liked it, etc.' either through your friends or skype or what-the-fuck-ever.

you don't record every word of mouth conversation you get because its effect is wide, but generally based on private conversations with friends or coworkers or what the fuck ever.

if you want proof you're gonna have to go ask people in your theater what they thought and if they'd recommend it cuz guess what

that's how word of mouth works.
>>
>>83111103
Frankly, sounds legit
I believe that Disney would do that
>>
>>83110953
Yeah, at least he was in the army. What was Mystique doing? Loosing friends from Magneto's team one after another?
>Azazel got shot by soldiers from Eyes Wide Open
I would not allow Mystique lead any team with knowing that.
>>
>>83111103
You realize that liking X-men doesnt mean you hate CW?

Seriously both movies were good. Stop being a mindless drone.
>>
>>83111179
Not really, Apocalypse was terrible.
>>
>>83111179
This. It was a great year for capes, and it's not even over
>>
>>83111179

Shh, it's a Disney shill. He won't be happy until you say Apocalypse was shit.
>>
>>83111204
>opinions presented as facts
>>
>>83111104
The word of mouth seems pretty bad from where im at senpai.
>>
>>83111242
I could reply with that to this >>83111204
>>
>>83111222
double trips confirm truth
>>
>>83111204
Other than J-law being a hero because they needed to justify her paycheck it was a good movie.
>>
Reminder that RT is moderated by paid Disney shills.
>>
>>83111271
I could reply with that to>>83111271
>>
>>83111276
>JLaw Mystique jerk off at an historical high
>Mystique is almost always without make up for some reason
>complete miscast of absolutely everyone aside from McAvoy and Fassbender, and Fassbender phoned in this one
>action drags on for way too long, probably to cover up the fact that there's not much plot
>Magneto's wife that it's basically a plot-device has more character development and lines than Psylocke
>Jean is able to use Phoenix force when she's like 18 and is more powerful than her 30 year old counterpart in X-Men 2
>Apocalypse has absolutely no presence
>the fact that the X-Men struggled to defeat Toad and now their teenage counterparts defeat fucking Apocalypse
>Havok gets cucked into irrelevancy and into a pointless death
>DOFP ending with Stryker having yellow eyes, implying that's Mystique, gets completely ignored
>Wolverine cameo it's just there to say ''Wolverine is in the movie!''
>Jubilee gets like 30 seconds of screentime and DOESN'T USE ANY OF HER POWERS

Honorable mention to Quicksilver
>Quicksilver happens to be there, because the plot needs him to be(More proof that he is nothing more than a plot device, not a character)
>They make a point in DoFP of how Quicksilver has to hold someone's neck so they don't get whiplash
>He proceeds to start carrying people left and right with no concern of that in this one.
>Throws them out of windows in to what is essentially a bed sheet, throws people in to water as well.
>We see it in slow-mo, but in reality he is throwing them at an incredibly high speed.
>None of them end up with broken necks, or broken limbs because they got thrown out of what could be assume would be like if you shot out of a window of a car in a car wreck.
>>
>>83111306
Reminder that WB owns RT.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotten_Tomatoes
>>
>>83111342

If they didn't own RT, BvS would get the 0% it deserves
>>
>>83111389
It's probably the reason why, even though BvS has a 27%, the consensus is not negative at all.
>>
File: 1414294930921s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1414294930921s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>83111402
>the consensus is not negative
>>
>>83111427
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice smothers a potentially powerful story -- and some of America's most iconic superheroes -- in a grim whirlwind of effects-driven action.

There's nothing negative in here.
>>
>>83111276
Thank god, she doesn't do much in the movie, despite just being here

>>83111313
you again? Do you hate Quicksilver, Jubilee, Apocalypse? Because they were great
-Psylocke had more lines than Magneto's wife
-Jean was always powerful, and always hiding her powerset, read comics, you casual
-Apocalypse is like 60% of the movie presenece
-X-Men 1 was almost 20 years ago, get over it
-Havok deserves that
-Between DOFP and Apoc there is 10 years, during 10 years everything can happen. Keep in mind that Stryker appeared just after Xavier's school got nuked and kidnapped mutants. Nigga is stalking the mutants
-Wolverine's cameo hyped people, just like Spider-Man's cameo hyped people for CW
-Jubilee actually appears a lot in the first part of the movie, proof that you didn't watch it.
-Quicksilver wants to meet his dad, obv, he wants to be there
-I don't see a problem with Quickie holding someone's neck, he is shown to hold Mystique's neck for example, and during the explosion scene he does hold people by the neck
-I hate fun: the complaint
-Part of the charm
-Being that nitpicky

Wow, now point out the flaws of Civil War, you paid shill
>>
>>83111443

it said they smothered the story
>>
>>83111472
I can't hate or like Quicksilver Jubilee or Apocalypse because there's nothing to them.
They have no character, they are plot devices.

>Jubilee
>great
>when she has like 5 fucking lines and she disappears half-way through the movie
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>83111498
If you want your opinion to look credible, tell me the flaws of Civil War.
>>
The movie was meh at best, too many characters butchered, too many meh average writers at hand. How the fuck can you mess up "Cry Havok.." and let loose the meh and fall flat, you have a character named Havok, how can you not get that right. Or this is just me?
>>
>>83106941
Reviews only mean anything when I want to shitpost :)
>>
>>83111557
at least you are honest
>>
>>83111472
>-Psylocke had more lines than Magneto's wife
She didn't.

>-Jean was always powerful, and always hiding her powerset, read comics, you casual
And she managed to control Phoenix force when she has 18, of course right right.

>-Apocalypse is like 60% of the movie presenece
I mean in the sense that he's not menacing, I didn't feel him threatening.
Hell, he was defeated by a young Jean.

>-X-Men 1 was almost 20 years ago, get over it
Great argument.

>-Havok deserves that
Great argument.

>-Between DOFP and Apoc there is 10 years, during 10 years everything can happen. Keep in mind that Stryker appeared just after Xavier's school got nuked and kidnapped mutants. Nigga is stalking the mutants
I'm sorry, how does this explain the fact that it's completely ignored that Mystique was disguising as Stryker?

>-Wolverine's cameo hyped people, just like Spider-Man's cameo hyped people for CW
And both were completely unnecesary.

>-Jubilee actually appears a lot in the first part of the movie, proof that you didn't watch it.
No she doesn't, she doesn't even use her powers once for fucks sake.

>-I don't see a problem with Quickie holding someone's neck, he is shown to hold Mystique's neck for example, and during the explosion scene he does hold people by the neck
No, there's no problem with that, the problem is that that aspect is completely ignored in Apocalypse.

>-I hate fun: the complaint
>-Part of the charm
>-Being that nitpicky
So you have no arguments?
Pathetic.

Notice how you could only even attempt to argue half of the complaints.
>Wow, now point out the flaws of Civil War, you paid shill
See?
You are only pretending to like Apocalypse to hate on the MCU, in fact you hate it so much, that you think I like CW because of it.
>>
>>83111472
>-X-Men 1 was almost 20 years ago, get over it
>-Havok deserves that
>-I hate fun: the complaint
>-Part of the charm
>-Being that nitpicky

Singer is that you?
>>
>>83111604
She did, I counted them she has 5 more lines than Mag's wise
>>
>>83111640
Clap clap, impressive job on an incredibly strong mutant, Singer.
>>
File: 1430979896467.jpg (85KB, 789x632px) Image search: [Google]
1430979896467.jpg
85KB, 789x632px
>>83111522
MCUfag here, I haven't provided a single argument, i'm just laughing seeing every single thing besides the MCU crumbling around us.

This is indeed a great year.
>>
>>83111604
>No, there's no problem with that, the problem is that that aspect is completely ignored in Apocalypse.
But it actually happens IN Apocalypse, jesus

As for the rest, you are very nitpicky

Still waiting for your opinion about CW
>inb4 can't discuss Apoc without mentioning CW

I am curious how do you perceive one of the most overrated movie this year
>>
>There will never be an MCU with Marvel owning all the movie rights to their superheroes.
>>
>>83111686
I don't think that Tony Stark & Co is good for the future of your movies, but to each his own
>>
>>83111700
When did I mention Apocalypse's looks?
I'm talking about him as a villain, as a character.
He's not menacing, he has no presence, and he gets defeated by a bunch of newbie X-Men.

>As for the rest, you are very nitpicky
>Y-Y-OU ARE CRTICIZING TOO MUCH...
Pathetic, again.

>I am curious how do you perceive one of the most overrated movie this year
I haven't watched Civil War.
>>
>>83111745
It's not like there's any decent alternatives.
>>
>>83111747
sorry man, I misquoted you was supposed to be
>-I don't see a problem with Quickie holding someone's neck, he is shown to hold Mystique's neck for example, and during the explosion scene he does hold people by the neck
>No, there's no problem with that, the problem is that that aspect is completely ignored in Apocalypse.
It is not ignored in that movie

>I haven't watched Civil War.
Can't blame you, the characterization in that movie was non-existent
>>
>>83111313
>They make a point in DoFP of how Quicksilver has to hold someone's neck so they don't get whiplash
>He proceeds to start carrying people left and right with no concern of that in this one.
>Throws them out of windows in to what is essentially a bed sheet, throws people in to water as well.
>We see it in slow-mo, but in reality he is throwing them at an incredibly high speed.
>None of them end up with broken necks, or broken limbs because they got thrown out of what could be assume would be like if you shot out of a window of a car in a car wreck.
That is hilariously stupid and lazy.
>>
>>83111775
And given that you folks shit on everything for lolz, there will never be. Have fun with Tony Stark saves the universe and teaches Spider-Man power and responsibility.
>>
>>83111790
>It is not ignored in that movie

Can someone please post the webm of Quicksilver taking people out of the mansion by holding two people with each of her arms, please?
>>
>>83111812
He is also shown to hold necks both in that scene, and later, when he and mystique confront magneto
>>
>>83111811
I will as I have up until now, thank you very much.
>>
>>83111837
Ah yes, once.
Forget about the rest though, we needed Quicksilver DOFP Kitchen Scene 2.0
>>
>>83111860
The scene doesn't really concentrates on people as much as Quicker messing with the surrounding
>>
Fox can keep the X-Men but they'll need a new director.
>>
>>83111900
And completely ignores the laws they implanted before, in a movie made by the same director.
>>
>>83111838
>that passive aggressive butthurt
>>
>>83111790
>Can't blame you, the characterization in that movie was non-existent

It's not like X-Men has anything better.

>Prof X is wise
>Wolverine is angry
>Magneto is a psycho
That's all, there's no more characters.
>>
>>83111921
you know, maybe just post that webm if you want to make a point
>>
>>83111925
No anger here.
Everything but the MCU is tumbling down.
>>
>>83111905
And who should that be?
>>
>>83111941
>no more characters
Cocky Scott
Shy Kurt
Bitchy Jean
Adorable Jubilee
Bro Quicksilver
Grandpa Apocalypse
Moira Bond McTaggert
Stryker the Stalker
and of course
an Hero Mystique
>>
>>83104058
I mean, 52% is still better than BvS
>>
>>83111949
I don't have it, but if you watched the movie you'll know.
It's that shot of Quicksilver jumping in slow mo out of the exploding mansion.
>>
>>83111976
>tumbling down
>tumbling
>tumblr
>>
>>83112044
Sorry none of those are characters.
In fact, some of those only have like 3 minutes of screentime.

>Bro Quicksilver
>Grandpa Apocalypse
>Moira Bond McTaggert
>Stryker the Stalker

You are reaching out so far that it gets sad.
>>
How does the Quicksilver bed sheet trick work if he didn't tie the bottom down? Regardless the scene is a rehash which only serves to raise the stakes but with little consequence
>>
>>83112064
I don't remember the details in that scene, as my attention was on the tricks that he was doing.

I do remember that he later is shown keeping mystique on the neck, but then again, the distance is much much longer
>>
>>83112044
What the fuck am I reading.
>>
>>83112097
How do you define someone being character, because I feel like laughing at your reply
>>
>>83104370
So they can make them bland quipfests? Then shove them in a world that doesnt make sense for them to be in?

Oh the public despises mutants. But they love superheroes!!
>>
>>83112136
You know, having a personality.

>Grandpa Apocalypse
>Moira Bond McTaggert

I mean what the fuck is that?
>>
>>83112131
company war at its most retarded
I wonder if we ever get rid of /tv/
>>
>>83112137
>Oh the public despises mutants. But they love superheroes!!

Yeah, it's almost like racists are nonsensical hypocrites and that's the entire point of the mutant allegory.
>>
File: 1418850888476.jpg (22KB, 225x255px) Image search: [Google]
1418850888476.jpg
22KB, 225x255px
>>83112044
>this entire fucking post
>>
>>83112106
Most of the people he grabs by their shoulders, the rest get thrown out windows. Which by the way, shouldn't the shockwave of the explosion itself lead to internal injury?
>>
>>83112165
>You know, having a personality.
define personality

I don't feel like writing a wall of text, so you should brush it with "nope, not personality".
I don't treat you seriously, so I don't give you a half-answer. I don't actually expect you to understand these shortcuts
>>
>>83112137
You want Fox to keep them so they can make them bland movies where teenage X-Men defeat Apocalypse, JLaw Mysitque takes Cyclops' place, Wolverine is badass for some reason, and Magneto is the bad guy in every single movie?
>>
>>83112215
Anything is better than being props for Avengers
They basically used Spider-Man to hype Captain America movie. They also changed S-M's lore to be more tied to Avengers.
>>
>>83112207
Personality has to do with individual differences among people in behaviour patterns, cognition and emotion.

What you are defining are personality traits, and even then, you added personality traits that have nothing to do with those characters.

>Cocky Scott
>Shy Kurt
>Bitchy Jean
>Adorable Jubilee
>Bro Quicksilver
<Grandpa Apocalypse
>Moira Bond McTaggert
>Stryker the Stalker
>Hero Mystique

What the fuck?
>>
>>83112215
Not him, but I personally don't want the X men fucking up the MCU since it would be forced anyway. Don't get me wrong, the X Men movies could be better, but let's not drag everything else down with it
>>
>>83112241
>They also changed S-M's lore to be more tied to Avengers.
And in Fox's X-Men they made Days of Future Past about Wolverine and they gave Kitty Pride the power to transport people to other times for no reason, plus Mystique is now one of the good guys and the Captain America of the X-Men, plus now Jean can control Phoenix force when she's a teenager.
>>
>>83112241
>Changing Spider Mans lore
Oh big fucking deal, Stark gave him a better costume, THATS IT.
>>
>>83112249
I tried to use a simple language, because again, I could write that Scott feels insecure and a little scared of his responsibilities, especially that he has to lead a small team to retrieve X-Men from the Weapon X facility. Or that he tries to find his place in the school and is a little loner, due to considering his power a curse and a huge disadvantage. It's not until he actually goes on the mission, when he finally starts to see props in having his power.

The thing is, why should I waste my time to describe every other character in that movie? For you? I already know what you will reply.
>>
>>83112327
None of that is shown in the movie.

>r that he tries to find his place in the school and is a little loner
What?
He's just there because he wants to bang Jean.
>>
>>83112297
Kitty Pryde still had an important role, even if minimized. The sad thing is that the new movie finally spotlights young x-men, something that fans wanted since like, for ever? Result? Mixed reviews.
>>
>>83112327
Now go ahead and explain Grandpa Apocalypse, let me get some popcorn first.
>>
>>83112326
>it's okay when disney has it
Well, how about Stark creating Ultron?
Let's not mention that Disney is too chickenshit to make Red Skull an actual Nazi, something that even a shitty 1994 had balls to do.
>>
>>83112053
But not Man of Steel.

Or The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Or X-Men The Last Stand.

Or The Dark Knight Rises.

Or Godzilla (2014).

Or Watchmen.
>>
>>83112353
See, I knew what would be your reply.
I can very well talk with a brick wall.
You of course ignore the part when Scott is scared shitless to open his eyes. Every character had a chance to shine, and while it all was only an introduction, it did well enough to make you interested in the characters
>>
>>83112386
>Well, how about Stark creating Ultron?
But that wasn't Disney's decision.
Ant-Man was supposed to be part of Phase 1, but Wright took way too long to make it and it ended up coming very late.

>Let's not mention that Disney is too chickenshit to make Red Skull an actual Nazi, something that even a shitty 1994 had balls to do.
Maybe because HYDRA has their own mindset?
>>
>>83112438
>You of course ignore the part when Scott is scared shitless to open his eyes.
Oh wow, 10/10 character, there's so much depth going on in here, he did what Scott in X-Men 1 and 2 did.
Cocky Scott amirite?
>>
>>83109241
>I doubt they know what X-Men are
Why the fuck would you think that?
>>
>>83112386
I love how you switched examples the minute you realized how stupid your argument was
>>
>>83112376
Grandpa, as Apocalypse has a very ancient way of seeing the world. He is from much different world, with different viewpoints, culture and traditions. In many ways Apocalypse vs X-Men is like One generation fighting older one.

He calls mutants his children, albeit he is more like grandpa to them. He gives them gifts, but requires obedience. "My way or highway". I can go on, but I don't see a point in writing an essay in a thread that will be soon deleted / archived
>>
File: 1419506502108.jpg (62KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
1419506502108.jpg
62KB, 395x401px
>>83112510
Ahhh yes, Granda Apocalypse hahahaha.
My god this is so sad.
>>
>>83112445
Disney = marvel.

>Maybe because HYDRA has their own mindset?
Just like Red Skull. But not in mcu.

>>83112502
I didn't. Hydra as a replacement for nazis is very lame.
>>
>>83112356
>The sad thing is that the new movie finally spotlights young x-men,
It does, in the sense that there are X-men that are young. It is literally, young x-men, yes. It follows the letter of the demand.

It does not in the sense that it's the 05, most popular characters, again, (especially with regards to who gets narrative focus) and by most reports instead of danger room stuff they get thrown into the deep end against Apocalypse, and there's a general lack of chemistry and the whole "superpowered teenagers in school" concept that makes young X-men stories entertaining. So in this, for some people fails to follow the spirit of the demand.
>>
File: 1487648641312.png (67KB, 331x304px) Image search: [Google]
1487648641312.png
67KB, 331x304px
>>83112550
>Hydra as a replacement for nazis is very lame.
Is this bait?
>>
>>83112531
haters gonna hate
>>
>>83112550
>Just like Red Skull. But not in mcu.
What?
>>
File: p7_17.jpg (291KB, 988x1495px) Image search: [Google]
p7_17.jpg
291KB, 988x1495px
>>83104502
I want this
>>
>>83112558
This is a legit criticism. The problem is that the movie has too many things going on. I mean, they cut like 20 minutes of the mall scenes, which could very well fill some blanks. The thing is, Apoc was some sort of epilogue to the trilogy, so they wanted to give some closure to Mags / Prof X, I guess
>>
>>83109482
How the fuck do Jews and Christians keep their faith when Exodus has been so thoroughly shat on by archaeologists?

Jews were never even enslaved to any real extent in Egypt. Yahweh must have cursed them with a plague of amnesia, because his temper tantrum didn't leave much of an impression.
>>
>>83112550
>I didn't. Hydra as a replacement for nazis is very lame.

From my memory alone I can think of the word "nazi" coming up at least 4 times in the movie. Here's a specific line though: > If it could only work once, he'd be proud it was you. Hydra is the Nazi deep science division. It's led by Johann Schmidt. But he has much bigger ambitions.

Now let's look at this for a second.
>Hydra is the Nazi deep science division
>Hydra is the nazi
>Hydra is nazi

Yes. Replacement. Welcome to Obama's Republic of Hitlerstan. Disney conspiracy.
>>
>>83112576
>>83112608
It's nice that someone finally triggered mcucks.
That's how retarded you actually sound in this thread.
>>
>>83112550
Um, yeah you did, dropping the spider man thing. Also HYDRA defected from Nazis, or did you miss that scene where skull killed Hitlers men?
>>
>>83112662
Didn't know Foxfags were a thing.
Must be something new.
>>
>>83112631
Christians were never shown to think on their own, but for jews it's "muh tradition"
>>
>>83112695
I don't think it's foxfags, as much as anti-mcucks

>>83112686
Spider-Man will be Stark's nephew. You've read it here first.
>>
>>83112659
But don't they have different mindset?
Red Skull was a dedicated Nazi in the comics.
Even if he co-operated with Hydra, he was still a 100% swastika wearing nazi. Then again, I forget that marvel respects the source material.
>>
>>83112726
>as much as anti-mcucks
That's really sad.
>>
>>83112774
Are you implying Fox does?
>>
>>83108054
If he was captured in DoFP hed have to be in the weapon X program for TEN YEARS, which wouldve been ridiculous.
>>
>>83112726
What are you even talking about? My god FOX Men fans are defensive
>S-Stark can't meet Peter yet!
Fuck off
>>
>>83112781
you brought it on yourself
We could have co-existed peacefully mutants and humans. But you chose war.
>>
>>83112815
Aren't fox communists?

>>83112829
Stark is Peter's father. This is the big revelation that Bendis is planning.
>>
>>83112833
>war
It would be if both sides had a chance of winning.
>>
>>83112630
More and more frequently I notice in all these movie threads is that there's a side of the discussion, maybe as a form of shitposting, maybe even as just one guy, that's ridiculously literally minded and only looks at what happens and can't seem to grasp the underlying spirit of the thing.

So you get things like
>Superman saved people! Why are you complaining!
>It's called Civil WAR! What kind of war is it when nobody dies!
>It's GOT Jubilee in it! You got what you wanted! Stop hating!

Ignoring the fact that, literal actions don't mean a thing without the "right" characterization to support them, titles can be decontextualized, and a cameo is not what people consider a worthwhile expenditure of resources or a contribution to the narrative. Literal yes, things happen in these films, but whether or not they are keeping in the spirit of their respective franchises.

It's especially ironic here, because in any other context this kind of literal-thinking process without regards for how the stuff works in context and on an emotionally resonant level would almost certainly be considered a form of autism.
>>
>>83112864
It's not like mutants win in the comics, do they?
But they keep fighting
>>
>>83108979
>>83109259

Singer said he regretted barely using Cyclops before so yeah after DOFP's ending, and this movie, I'm kind of hoping Cyclops will take a much bigger part, possibly after they finally ditch JLaw (she really was the worst thing here).

Just one movie with Cyclops as the lead. Just one. Give me that. Please.
>>
>>83112886
I don't think I will break any news here if I say that /co/ is a little inbred.
>>
>>83112774
>But don't they have different mindset?
No? Schmidt was still very much a "the world belongs to superior men" blood purity nazi "type". He was just a double nazi, so not even Hitler was good enough for his standards.

Just because their division had a different name doesn't mean they stopped being nazis. I mean, by that logic, does that mean the SS weren't nazis? They too, had a different name.
>>
>>83112910
So you are comparing neckbeards hating on things because they are popular with mutants fighting for their rights?
>>
>>83112981
>double nazi
is it something like, double nigger?
>>
>>83112986
I feel that people mixed reality with fiction and that the escapism got them into the new matrix. Which is why they should buy my new deluxe sneakers with angry birds logo
>>
>>83113015
Kind of?
It's an old meme from when the movie first came out. Nazis salute with one hand, Hydra salutes with two, so they're double the nazi.
>>
>>83113074
Completely different from comicssss....
>>
>>83113108
Literally or spiritually?
Because I get that this is the internet and it's fandom so pedantry is the norm, but come on.
>>
>>83113108
So you are saying that Fox is loyal to the comics?

>comicssss....
Fuck off Reddit.
>>
>>83113186
I thought that Marvel was better than Fox
that it respected its source material
that it was superior.
All lies.
>>
>>83111313
No he literally holds their neck, I remember that cause I had completely forgotten till he did it.
>>
>>83113304
X-Men Origins Wolverine
X-Men 3
Fant4stic
Daredevil
Elektra
The two old Fantastic 4 movies
>>
>>83113379
Yeah, I get it. Fox shits on the source material. This much I expected from them. But my beloved marvel? How could they deceive me?
>>
>>83113444
They didn't, in fact a MCU Fantastic 4 movie would probably be the first decent Fantastic 4 movie ever made.
>>
>>83113467
How can you say it to my face.
They basically gutted the source material.
I don't remember Black Widow having an affair with Hulk. I don't remember Zemo being from shitty made up slavic state. I remember Ultron having different face, more menacing.

I remember different Starlord, completely different Starlord.
>>
>>83113562
>I remember different Starlord, completely different Starlord.
Let's be fair, nobody gave a shit about the Guardians of the Galaxy until the movie came out.
>>
>>83113562
But the movies are decent.
Fox guts the source material and half of their superhero movies have been trash.
>>
>>83113608
Which was a perfect opportunity to make the original Starlord matter. and they made him a joke.
>>
>>83113658
But everyone loved him.
>>
>>83108529
>citation needed, motherfucker.
>>
>>83113643
Are you sure it's not some preconceived bias?
Decent is such a non-description word
>>
>ITT Fox shills salty that critics and audiences hate Twink-Boys Crapocalypse

I can't wait for Deadpool 2, Trank4stic2, and Wolverine 3 to bomb so Fox sells the rights back to Marvel

*leans back.*

It's gonna be good
>>
>>83113692
It's the general opinion.
>>
>>83113674
They didn't love Starlord, he could be very much anyone else. I mean, are you trying to say that they wouldn't love a classic Starlord, if given special marvel care, we all praise night and day? After all, people love marvel, they sure would love original Starlord none the less.

But we will never have it. No, we will now and forever have the new Starlord
>>
>>83113751
Nobody loved the classic Starlord.
Nobody cared about GOTG until the movie came out.
>>
File: X23001_cov.jpg (150KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
X23001_cov.jpg
150KB, 533x800px
>>83104058
>8 X-men Movies (9 counting Deadpool)
>Still no pic related

I hope Wolverine 3 will include her in a storyline. I don't care if shes just a 17 year old child or a hooker, just let her and Wolverine fight it out, and cry it out
>>
>>83113736
I don't know man, once the charm worn off, there's a lot to hate in gotg
>>
>>83113785
No.
>>
>>83113774
But that's the point. They could have MADE people love the classic Starlord, because people love marvel no matter what they do
>>
>>83113774
And let me guess, you love the new Starlord?
Let me dance this argument off and think

>>83113803
Yes, you whore
-Drax
>>
>>83113848
I do, and everyone else did.
>>
>>83113870
Dayum, your love is real?

t. Humphries
>>
>>83113936
t. everyone but you
>>
>>83113870

Not that anon, but...

>everyone loves it, so it must be good

Kek. Popularity =/= quality man.

I did enjoy GotG though for what it was. Fun movie and probably the best from the mostly bland slate from Marvel... even if it does turn into another action-comedy
>>
>>83113971
I would argue what the old Starlord was, but not even the writers cared enough to give him a personality.
>>
>>83113964
t. schizophrenic
>>
>>83114009
You are seriously trying to argue that people didn't like GOTG?
>>
>>83114032
I'm seriously arguing the "everyone but you" part
>>
>>83113999
I liked Starlord simply because of Chris Pratt.

Honestly, the character didn't have much going for him outside of being a jokester. That's why I'm confused why people say he had a definite character arc where it came across he was one of the only characters NOT to have one.

His character was redeemed by Pratt's performance imho, but yeah you've got me intrigued. What kind of Starlord you picturing senpai?
>>
>>83114086
Nothing, I don't picture him.
Nobody cared about Starlord until the movie came out.
>>
How bad does this movie shit on the comics? I know the Mystique being the hero is trash.
>>
>>83114266
Apocalypse is a pussy that gets beaten by a teenage Jean.
>>
>>83114305
Please tell me you're lying
>>
File: 1463859256504.webm (3MB, 624x272px) Image search: [Google]
1463859256504.webm
3MB, 624x272px
>>83114473
Enjoy.
>>
>>83114473
>She also went Phoenex mod...

You know. Fan service. I wish I was kidding
>>
>>83114539
I didn't saw the movie but wasn't magneto helping him?
>>
>>83113718
I can understand them keeping the x-men but why is fox being such a bitch about the fantastic 4
>>
>>83114539
>>83114541
Fuck this fucking shitty movie
>>
>>83114266
Magneto's dead wife gets more lines than Psylocke (who has two)

But Wolverine gets his Weapon X costume!....except they get rid of the visor so it looks stupid because you can see his face (they even try to pull the dramatic reveal when they take the helmet off but doesn't work because you can see Hugh's stupid face because if you're going to pay Hugh to be in your movie then you're gonna show it)
>>
>>83114539
Why does Beast's makeup get worse every movie?
>>
File: 1452743405932.png (472KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1452743405932.png
472KB, 400x400px
>>83114762
This hurts, this really hurts. I was waiting for this movie, but now I want it all to end.
>>
File: lesi..png (92KB, 900x676px) Image search: [Google]
lesi..png
92KB, 900x676px
>I loved the quick silver scene but I admit his fucking power are OP. I mean... He ran fast even in ultra slo motion
>tfw I cannot imagine a single movie or plot with him as main
>>
>>83104370
/thread
Thread posts: 521
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.