[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1427474014.jpg (100KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
1427474014.jpg
100KB, 600x386px
What was the point of this?
>>
>>83059935
Fox didn't think anyone would care
>>
>>83059935
To piss you off
>>
>>83059935
To prove that they can ruin just about any character with unfathomable choices.
>>
>>83059935
Someone, a producer or a writer, likely said something like "wait if they genetically engineer mutants there, can't they, you know, make a super powerful guy? wouldn't that be cool?". Basically the same reasoning as the Imperious Rex.

Not sure why they picked Deadpool though. I guess I get the joke of getting Ryan Reynolds to shut up, but that's it.
>>
>merc with the mouth
>remove his mouth

B R A V O
>>
>>83059956
This, pretty much. Baraka was originally an OC, but they decided to combine him with Wade from earlier in the movie and assumed nobody cared enough about Deadpool to mind.
>>
>>83059935
A producer said how he didn't like how Wade kept talking and that they should sew his mouth shut
Producer notes can kill a movie sometimes
>>
this is like some dangerously shitty OC garbage
>shirtless unkillable teleports behind you skinhead with swords coming out of his arms plus laser eyes and has all the mutant abilities plus stupid tattoos that have no meaning and he doesn't talk cause he too cool for that
wew
>>
>>83060031
It was because they didn't know why he's named "Deadpool" and decided it should be "what if it's cause a bunch of DEAD guys' powers are all POOLED together in him?"
>>
>>83059935
Studio executives who have no idea what they're doing having too much authority.
>>
>>83060954
Hahaha, really?
>>
File: dudepeelz.jpg (91KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
dudepeelz.jpg
91KB, 900x506px
>TFW the action figure of Dudepeel shows up in the good Deadpool movie
>>
>>83060031
It's Indominus Rex you pathetic cunt.
>>
>>83060954
But some of his powers weren't even from dead guys.
>>
>>83061207
Who gives a shit about terribly named OC from a mediocre cash grab of a movie.
Namor >>> Indominus Rex
>>
File: 1435950302333.jpg (81KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
1435950302333.jpg
81KB, 800x400px
>>83061185
>>
>>83061207

Oh. That's what that anon was talking about. I was confused thinking he was talking about Namor.
>>
in a twisted way so we could have the proper deadpool movie

its like this person said>>83059956

but because there was a big enough backlash they realized people actually did care, in fact enough for a solo film
>>
>>83060806
I always thought those lines were where they made incisions. He didn't get zapped by a beam to get their powers they were harvested and given to him so thought they just drew out where to implant what.
>>
>>83061185
tfw my dad hates superhero movies besides Winter Soldier and deadpool

That's how i know it's good.
>>
>>83059935
Producer: You need to put Deadpool in the picture
Writer: But Deadpool's a retarded meme character
Producer: I don;t give a fuck what you think about Deadpool, my grandkids love him and marketing says he'll help sell the film
Writer: I really don't think he'd wor-
Producer: Put Deadpool in the FUCKING PICTURE
Writer: Is it cool if I change him a bit, maybe
Producer:I don;t give a fuck what you do, just make sure deadpool is in the fucking picture, understand?
Writer: Alright, alright, I'll put him in the picture
(Producer walks out, angrily mumbling to himself, writer turns his chair around and rubs his hands together)
Writer : heh-heh-heh...you want Deadpool? I'll give you Deadpool
>>
>>83062519
Actually, they still didn't think anybody cared enough for a solo film, it took about a decade of begging by six different people with high credentials in the industry just to get the test footage made, which one of them leaked.

It was THAT which made Fox realize it would do well as a solo movie.
>>
>>83063827
go back to scans_daily
>>
There was a Writer's Strike at the time and executives had more leeway to make stupid ideas come to fruition with no opposing forces.
>>
Answer: They didn't want Deadpool to upstage Wolverine in his own movie.
>>
>>83059935
>.....
What did he mean by this
>>
>>83059935
Because at Fox character importance is directly related to how well-paid the actor is rather then anything silly like "importance to the plot" or "existing personality".

Example; of Samuel L. Jackson was in the X-Men films the budget required to pay for him would mean he would get roughly 70% of the film's screen time regardless of how much actual personality he has in said film or actual relevance he has in plot of said film.
>>
>>83059935
Funny how much this pissed people off at the time, but as an alternate villainous take on Deadpool, I thought it was interesting.

It was a stupid decision for Deadpool's first movie appearance but given how shit the film turned out, in a bizarre way, it actually led to Reynolds playing a better version of Deadpool that actually became a success. In retrospect, it's not as bad as it seemed and feels more like a strange alternate universe Deadpool, which I guess is kind of true now that DOFP killed the old timeline.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.